+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: A plea for the planet by a great geneticist

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Default Re: A plea for the planet by a great geneticist

A timely (for this thead) release of a Canadian film

24 Davids, the film maker took 24 men named David throughout the world to describe their environments, their earth and social challenges they have to live through, the approaches of science and human creativity that could help, to help the whole planet.

Sight for the planet, as in this movie, should probably encompass minutiae details up to overall global understanding of what is going on and the potential solutions.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

I will not be posting this week and for quite a while, please, continue the thread, it is getting very good.

And thanks for all those who want to change personally (in their life and their inner being as well) and collectively to better our planet and make sure we survive.

Basic survival science, in one's own space, transforming Africa

Very brief comments on the privatization of our common ressources - activism and all

The science of it

The psychology - emotional components of it all

The inventive future for earth, from a scrapyard in Africa

thanks to all participants in this thread, you are exactly now doing what the thread was first intended for, and thereby helping the world.

We never know from where and how our ideas will be picked up. And applied.

Anyone who has already transformed for the best their living milieu, thank you.

Any of your ideas maybe developed here, it would be great. The thread could also be a pot pourri of ideas or positive opinions, while observing sometimes negative realities, it would be great as well.

PS: I heard of this movie yesterday night, went to check, and it is real good fit for here. I did not know of this gem movie, which got out in February 19. Having known of its existence, I would have started the thread with this. Thanks to my personal friend in Montreal who brought it to my attention.
    Last edited by Flash; 15th April 2019 at 13:30.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Chip (16th April 2019), Constance (15th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), Sandy123 (15th April 2019), Sierra (16th April 2019), william r sanford72 (16th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Sandy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Three of your opinions really grabbed my attention and what I think is pertinent to saving our beautiful planet and humanity.
    Joe's post - We humans need to CHANGE our ways.
    Paul's post - What if these false narratives are being used to cover up more grievous harms.
    Onawah - Return to nature.
    We are the creators of our reality, what story are you creating?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandy123 For This Post:

Constance (15th April 2019), DeDukshyn (15th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th April 2019), Flash (15th April 2019), Joe (15th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), william r sanford72 (15th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 times in 1,693 posts

[QUOTE=onawah;1286129]Bumping this It couldn't be more clear. Thanks DeDukshyn.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)

I know this is off topic, and I do apologize for that... but I see a lot of people writing that they are "Bumping this".. What does that mean exactly? I am not familiar with what a BUMP is?

And Flash, I will miss you terribly.. I DO hope that you return quickly and contribute in some way, your heartfelt posts do not get lost upon me. This thread, whether disputed for ANY reason, does touch on very serious issues, and if we can get past pointing fingers at motivations, recognize many DO have motivations that aren't good, and actually come together to not only find solutions, but implement them? Then the THREAD was PRICELESS..

Hat's off to you for GOING THERE...
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 15th April 2019 at 18:17.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Constance (15th April 2019), Flash (15th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), william r sanford72 (15th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

David Suzuki is a fake scientist.

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/001014-11.htm

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)

I do not mind to have Suzuki contested, but please, do not try to destroy this thread, trolling it or blocking any possible discussion, as it has been at the start by some members. The thread has taken a very nice turn, turn that maybe worthwhile for all of us.

Now, as surprising as it is, if Chancy would have given time to the thread to unfold a bit and be able to discuss it, which he did not, trying to kill the thread and its intent instead, I would have said the following:

1. Ideas and science can and should be discussed, nobody has all the answers.
    2 Suzuki has good points, maybe we should avoid throwing the baby with the bath water. Lets keep the good points, see what is contested or what could be studied further, right.
    3. I am personally in agreement with many part of the article you linked (Note to myself: the article dates from 2000. Much science has been done since 20 past years. This article may not be up to date either, while reproaching Suzuki not to be up to date). I would not go as far as saying he is a fake scientist, although he is certainly a better communication person.
    4. David McRea, the article author, is a software consultant, not a science scientist (although some are quite intelligent and understand hard science). Do not forget this. To truly judge someone, often we should have the same level of expertise or work in the same fields. So, if we are not, at least lets judge the intent.

and mostly

5. Lets continue giving our ideas, solutions, always based on as much research as we can, albeit sometimes it is impossible.

6. Lets always look and remind us of the intent of this thread. This is not a thread to destroy others, to stubbornly opiniate (different from having an opinion).

This is an eventual brain storming thread for naming problems and finding potential solutions.

UP to now, it is great what i have read here and I really thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Flash; 15th April 2019 at 22:53.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Constance (16th April 2019), DeDukshyn (15th April 2019), Hervé (15th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), Sandy123 (16th April 2019), Sierra (16th April 2019), william r sanford72 (15th April 2019)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe (here)

I see you’re new here, I don’t know if you’ve seen this other Avalon thread? https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Climate+change

There’s plenty of solid evidence regarding the politics and pseudoscience surrounding climate change on that other thread. For anyone on the fence, it’s a must read.

I feel like this thread is addressing a more subtle question about environmental responsibility. Should we have it? Does it have any effect on the quality of our life?
    Exactly, spot on.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), Sandy123 (16th April 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

No he's not a "fake" scientist - he has B of A in biology and doctorate in zoology -- please take whatever you think you have to one of the climate change threads, or start your own thread. Or stop visiting this one if you have nothing to offer on the sad state of the planet and the elite's program to make fools constantly dismiss that damage and constantly deflecting the conversation to "carbon" or "fake scientis" or whatever deflecting that is being done -- you see when you do that, you are part of the problem- this is exactly what the people who are actually destroying our planet want you to do ... do you work for them knowingly? I tried to make this clear to you already that you are one of the fooled, by continuing to do this even after I directly pointed.

Don't make me do it a third time please.

Please people, I don't think that arguments like "we don't know how much damage is caused by humans so I guess that means we should do nothing for our planet", and "I don't like Suzuki, so I guess there's nothing wrong with our planet" are useful.

How is the destruction of our planet, whether you agree in the carbon thing or not, helped by continuously and consistently shifting the discussion to these things?

Is Suzuki Infallible? No of course not, just like you ...

Cancers are still on the rise, 1000's of hectares of forest are cleared every day, for destructive mass farming and oil production, Tons and tons of poisons are constantly sprayed over our foods and is destroying the soil; the oceans are full of plastic and acidity is rising --- "but carbon is fake and I don't like Suzuki!" - Please stop, that is not being remotely helpful in any way.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 16th April 2019 at 22:41.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chip (16th April 2019), Constance (16th April 2019), Flash (16th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), onawah (16th April 2019), Pam (16th April 2019), PurpleLama (16th April 2019), Sandy123 (16th April 2019), Sierra (16th April 2019)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Talking Re: A plea for the planet by a great geneticist

Out of fun

For this article here linked, I also found from the same author, in the same magazine, an article on domestic violence. My daughter is having internship in the field, I had to have police intervene in my life, I know other people (men and women) who had to call police, and what I was reading was so far fetched that it became hilarious.

The author is from the same city as mine, next neighborhood from mine, so pretty much same environment. He is English speaking, I am French. Does not matter much here.

When I read this
    Quote If you want to cool down an angry situation which has gotten out of hand (this appears to have been Mme Roy's objective), go to anyone but the police. The police will escalate the matter. In many jurisdictions, they will arrive in SWAT teams, break down your door and ransack your home. Once inside, they will hunt down any evidence they can find which might indicate that your husband has, or once had, violent tendencies. This will justify treating him as a common criminal. They will forcibly remove him from the house in handcuffs, often with a machine gun in his face. He will be blamed for whatever trauma this may cause to you and your children.
    I could not do anything else than laugh loud, alone in my house. Hilarious. I have never ever seen or heard police acting like that in Montreal for domestic violence. SWAT team, ransack home, remove him with machine gun, come on. rolf For regular every day happening in a large city domestic violence call???

The guy must have been threatening his wife with a gun and taken hostages for this to happen.

So my conclusion: take everything this author writes with a grain of salt. And this means revise every thing he said about Suzuki before concluding anything.

Digevillage, would you by any chance have better articles and more trustworthy authors? Is that truly all you have?? furthermore dating from year 2000?

And anyhow, lets not distract from the real intent of the thread, as mentioned previously.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Constance (16th April 2019), DeDukshyn (17th April 2019), loungelizard (16th April 2019), PurpleLama (16th April 2019), Sandy123 (16th April 2019)

16. Link to Post #49
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

How could I destroy a thread, I wonder, if I call a spade a spade, fake science fake science.

I suppose it is an effective way of shutting down, or shouting down, a valid argument to call someone a troll in a forum.

Environmental pollution is one thing; climate change is another.
    Climate has changed over millions of years, and we are sitting in the middle of an Ice Age.

Within this current Ice Age, there is a regular alternation between glacials (each one lasting about 130,000 years approx.) and interglacials (each one lasting about 13,000 years) and we are at the very end of a warm interglacial called the Holocene.

When the Holocene started, this planet suddenly became very warm, melting the ice in North America and on the Tibetan Plateau, etc, causing big floods everywhere and raising the sea level, which sank Atlantis.

Within the Holocene, there are regular rises in temperature in about 1,000 years or so, although the overall trend is cooling toward a new glacial. Going back three thousand years, there was a warm period and population increased in Central Asia and Siberia but when this warm period ended, many of these people were forced to move south; thus the invasion of the Indian subcontinent by Aryans and invasion of China by nomadic tribes from the north.

About 2,000 years ago, the planet warmed up again and the Phoeniecians sailed up and down the coasts of the Atlantic, while the Celts reached North America, because the seas were relatively calm. The Romans colonized Britain, growing grapes for wine there. In the Far East, there was much traffic between the Japanese islands and the mainland as well. When this warm period ended, there were shortages of food, there was much upheaval and Germanic tribes invaded the Roman Empire, Attila the Hun from Central Asia invaded Europe.

About a thousand years ago, the planet warmed up again, and the Vikings settled in Iceland (which had been previously settled by Celts) and Greenland which was literally green, where the Vikings conducted agriculture for hundreds of years. After generations, these Scandinavians were forced to move back to Norway, as the climate cooled.

Toward the end of the 20th century, the planet warmed up again, but only slightly. Nothing like 2,000 years or even 1,000 years ago. This was the very last of the warming and it ended in 1996 and the planet has steadily been cooling, and the very cold Ice Age glacial is just around the corner.

The elite know it, and yet they want to avoid mass panic, and install the New World Order quietly, so they started a disinfo campaign of "global warming" by using their paid agents. The elite are hard at work to reduce the world population to the level of 500 million so that the planet will be "sustainable" in a glacial period.

In an Ice Age glacial, new lands will appear which are now called continental shelves, isolating the Mediterranean Sea, and Sea of Japan, while connecting Australia with Tasmania and New Guinea. So it's not all doom and gloom.

17. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

How could I destroy a thread, I wonder, if I call a spade a spade, fake science fake science.

I suppose it is an effective way of shutting down, or shouting down, a valid argument to call someone a troll in a forum.

Environmental pollution is one thing; climate change is another.
    Climate has changed over millions of years, and we are sitting in the middle of an Ice Age.

Within this current Ice Age, there is a regular alternation between glacials (each one lasting about 130,000 years approx.) and interglacials (each one lasting about 13,000 years) and we are at the very end of a warm interglacial called the Holocene.

When the Holocene started, this planet suddenly became very warm, melting the ice in North America and on the Tibetan Plateau, etc, causing big floods everywhere and raising the sea level, which sank Atlantis.

Within the Holocene, there are regular rises in temperature in about 1,000 years or so, although the overall trend is cooling toward a new glacial. Going back three thousand years, there was a warm period and population increased in Central Asia and Siberia but when this warm period ended, many of these people were forced to move south; thus the invasion of the Indian subcontinent by Aryans and invasion of China by nomadic tribes from the north.

About 2,000 years ago, the planet warmed up again and the Phoeniecians sailed up and down the coasts of the Atlantic, while the Celts reached North America, because the seas were relatively calm. The Romans colonized Britain, growing grapes for wine there. In the Far East, there was much traffic between the Japanese islands and the mainland as well. When this warm period ended, there were shortages of food, there was much upheaval and Germanic tribes invaded the Roman Empire, Attila the Hun from Central Asia invaded Europe.

About a thousand years ago, the planet warmed up again, and the Vikings settled in Iceland (which had been previously settled by Celts) and Greenland which was literally green, where the Vikings conducted agriculture for hundreds of years. After generations, these Scandinavians were forced to move back to Norway, as the climate cooled.

Toward the end of the 20th century, the planet warmed up again, but only slightly. Nothing like 2,000 years or even 1,000 years ago. This was the very last of the warming and it ended in 1996 and the planet has steadily been cooling, and the very cold Ice Age glacial is just around the corner.

The elite know it, and yet they want to avoid mass panic, and install the New World Order quietly, so they started a disinfo campaign of "global warming" by using their paid agents. The elite are hard at work to reduce the world population to the level of 500 million so that the planet will be "sustainable" in a glacial period.

In an Ice Age glacial, new lands will appear which are now called continental shelves, isolating the Mediterranean Sea, and Sea of Japan, while connecting Australia with Tasmania and New Guinea. So it's not all doom and gloom.
    Holy deflection, Batman!! ... yes we all know the earth has changed over millions of years and weather patterns sometimes have longer term cycles ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 16th April 2019 at 22:50.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3