Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador tears up asylum deal

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,221 times in 8,550 posts

Default Re: Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador tears up asylum deal

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    Do no harm. Watch and observe, live intentionally and find alternatives to the malicious narrative- and let me clarify - most boomers, not all boomers. Mea culpa.
    Thanks.

Some of us boomers watched the events around the JFK assassination live on TV, and then later on the early internet Usenet news group alt.conspiracy.jfk, got awakened via facts and discussion around that conspiracy.

This wake-up call led me later during early web days to From The Wilderness and What Really Happened, where I learned a lot about Iran Contra / CIA-Drug smuggling, Bush's involvement in JFK, 9/11 Mossad involvement, etc.

This and UFO history awakening lead me to Projects Camelot and Avalon, and here we are.

Well - getting involved with psychedelics in nature and at live concerts by The Grateful Dead and other bands also contributed to the kind of spiritual influences and understandings about the nature of reality that many later generations may not be getting from their mobile phones and social media in my view.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 12th April 2019 at 14:46.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), Ivanhoe (12th April 2019), onawah (13th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Smell the Roses (12th April 2019), Tintin (13th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Do no harm. Watch and observe, live intentionally and find alternatives to the malicious narrative- and let me clarify - most boomers, not all boomers. Mea culpa.
    even with the correction, you may be wrong, have you thought of this?

I have written and given seminars on cross-generational management and leadership. What you wrote does not fit the "patterns". But I will not re-give my seminar here, it was a 2 days full time thing.

All I see is frustrations and anger in your previous posts comments, towards those before you, which however fits the "pattern" of the generation X behavior. Often due to misunderstanding. How strangely funny in fact this is.

But, in any generation, it is easy to go out of patterns when one uses his/her heart and open up his/her mind. Believe me, it is easy to get our of that fold. We just have to stop repeating in ourselves what we have heard and wrongly believed. We mostly have to stop victimizing. it does miracles.

Maybe we should all go back to topic, and back to some emotional sanity. (see my post on the Avalon meeting thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1285888
    Last edited by Flash; 12th April 2019 at 13:56.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

betoobig (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Kryztian (12th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

I have written and given seminars on cross-generational management and leadership. What you wrote does not fit the "patterns". But I will not re-give my seminar here, it was a 2 days full time thing.

All I see is frustrations and anger in your previous posts comments, towards those before you, which however fits the "pattern" of the generation X behavior. Often due to misunderstanding. How strangely funny in fact this is.

But, in any generation, it is easy to go out of patterns when one uses his/her heart and open up his/her mind. Believe me, it is easy to get our of that fold. We just have to stop repeating in ourselves what we have heard and wrongly believed. We mostly have to stop victimizing. it does miracles.

Maybe we should all go back to topic, and back to some emotional sanity. (see my post on the Avalon meeting thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1285888
    Anger in my posts??? Historically no. But I have to be honest Flash, that’s a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

But you are the self appointed expert on reincarnation (your public admonishing of We-R-One’s presentation), women’s issues (your over the top posts about female experience) and now generational demographics. I will defer to your wisdom and eagerly anticipate the renaming of the forum to Project Flash!

And I am currently and quite uncharacteristically angry (out of character). No doubt symptomatic of recent days.

I am going to stay off this forum for a while. It has changed and not for the better. I wish you luck in your quest to find another woman to chastise from your all knowing throne of self righteousness. Ar Revois

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

BMJ (13th April 2019), HaveBlue (14th April 2019), Sandy123 (15th April 2019), we-R-one (13th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Anger in my posts??? Historically no. But I have to be honest Flash, that’s a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

But you are the self appointed expert on reincarnation (your public admonishing of We-R-One’s presentation), women’s issues (your over the top posts about female experience) and now generational demographics. I will defer to your wisdom and eagerly anticipate the renaming of the forum to Project Flash!

And I am currently and quite uncharacteristically angry (out of character). No doubt symptomatic of recent days.

I am going to stay off this forum for a while. It has changed and not for the better. I wish you luck in your quest to find another woman to chastise from your all knowing throne of self righteousness. Ar Revois
    You were there in the presentattion?????? No? So how do you know anything on it?.

More than half the room left. This you did not see. I liked her enough to stay and finally tell her what I genuinely saw, from my point of view of course. She can take it or not, but it is my own point of view, which has nothing to do with you, nooothing. And it does not stop my heart from loving or liking her.

You wished death to all baby boomers in your previous post. If this is not anger, what is it?

Ah....

We do not need death wishes on this forum, from and for anybody.

I am witholding, I am truly p iss ed right now.

How far are you going to go in your judgments of others? Don't you reread yourself? Me righteous? From what I see, it is rather you who are. And projecting it.

Back to topic,
    Last edited by Flash; 12th April 2019 at 14:31.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Kryztian (12th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

That is excellent advice that should be given out more often on other threads to: go back to the first post in the thread, at least when the thread starts to evolve in an unproductive direction.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

You do realize.....

Tulsi Gabbard: The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.
    twitter.com/TulsiG...

Ecuador gets $4 Billion from the International Banking Cartel, and soon after Assange is turned over to their henchmen. Coincidence?
    Here is the money bit.

https://www.enca.com/business/imf-ap...YkAaA67fkzqtAE

Here is the cartel bit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IJeemTQ7Vk

The whole affair makes me sick The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

12. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), AriG (15th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (12th April 2019), betoobig (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Clarity (12th April 2019), ClearWater (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), fifi (12th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), HaveBlue (14th April 2019), jebrenham (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), Kryztian (12th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019), Rich (12th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Smell the Roses (12th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019), WildOrchid (12th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Trump is going by The art of war by Lao Tzsu (of course he lies and seems non effective, no one truly knows him) LAtest post from Q say they´re waiting for him to testify against deep state .... Assange is a gold card for Trump... time will tell. I think Assange is much better out of Ecuador Embassy and out of Englan too. May Assnage be safe in this new adventure. And may this situation turn in favor of the truth and us all. Much love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), angelfire (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), Baby Steps (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), ClearWater (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), WildOrchid (12th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'm still suspecting that the person arrested today was a body double for the real Julian Assange, who might no longer be alive. But that could easily be my tin-foil-hat conspiracy mind set speaking. Someone with some good facial recognition software, that could measure the proportions of various identifiable points on his facial structure, could perhaps provide a more definitive answer.
    As I can see in the pictures and footage, it really is him.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th April 2019 at 23:03. Reason: fixed quote formatting

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), betoobig (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (13th April 2019), jebrenham (13th April 2019), meeradas (12th April 2019)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

" Powerful actors, including CIA, are engaged in a sophisticated effort to dehumanise, delegitimize and imprison him."

Last edited by Kryztian; 12th April 2019 at 18:06.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

betoobig (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (12th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), ichingcarpenter (12th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), WildOrchid (12th April 2019)

19. Link to Post #70
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

MAJOR REVELATION: ASSANGE WAS BOUGHT FOR $4.2 BILLION – Former Ecuadorian President confirms IMF loan in exchange for Assange

FRN
    By Paul Antonopoulos On Apr 12, 2019

QUITO, Ecuador – Former and much loved Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa has accused Ecuadorean President Lenin Moreno of suspending the asylum of cyber-activist Julian Assange in order to obtain a loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Correa said that there is evidence of the agreement and that Moreno, who Correa selected at his successor, has promised to “hand over” Assange in a 2017 meeting with Paul Manafort, former US campaign chief to Donald Trump.

Former President Correa, who broke with Moreno, also commented on visits to Ecuador by US Vice President Mike Pence.

At these times, Moreno would have promised to “help isolate Venezuela, leave the Chevron oil corporation, a company that destroyed half of the Amazon rainforest, unpunished, and to deliver Assange.”

Last month, the IMF announced approval of a $4.2 billion loan to Ecuador. The first installment, of $652 million, has already been paid.

Correa suspects that the Ecuadorian president made the decision to withdraw Assange’s asylum after WikiLeaks published documents about Moreno’s alleged relationship with a failing company, INA Papers.

The former president pointed out that the company INA Papers was registered in 2012, when Moreno was still its vice president.

According to the Ecuadorian head of state, the measure to remove his asylum was a response to the journalist’s disrespectful and aggressive behavior, his hostile and threatening statements against Ecuador and alleged violations of international conventions, justifications considered to be unconvincing both by supporters of the cyber-activist as by several analysts.

Assange, who is responsible for the publication of US government secret documents, is the reason for the extradition request. The great concern for his lawyers – and he too – is that the British authorities actually decide to send him to the United States, where the legal consequences of upsetting Washington are still uncertain.

Assange will be on videoconference for the proceedings of the next extradition hearing, set for May 2.

It will be a preliminary session of a court case that can last for months or even years.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

20. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (12th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), Houman (13th April 2019), ichingcarpenter (12th April 2019), jebrenham (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), Kryztian (12th April 2019), mab777 (13th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019), Philippe (13th April 2019), Rich (12th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Tintin (13th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), waree (13th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019), Zanshin (14th April 2019)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

David Icke has his own take on the arrest of Julian Assange.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), betoobig (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), jebrenham (13th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), Zanshin (14th April 2019)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

This is from last August, so it's been in the works for a while already:

Quote Paul suggests granting Assange immunity in exchange for congressional testimony: Report

Julian Assange should be let off the hook for releasing stolen material through his WikiLeaks website if he agrees to testify in person before lawmakers investigating his publication of Democratic Party documents, Sen. Rand Paul said in an interview published Wednesday.

“I think that he should be given immunity from prosecution in exchange for coming to the United States and testifying,” said Mr. Paul, Kentucky Republican.

“I think he’s been someone who has released a lot of information, and you can debate whether or not any of that has caused harm, but I think really he has information that is probably pertinent to the hacking of the Democratic emails that would be nice to hear,” Mr. Paul told a writer for The Gateway Pundit site.

Representatives for neither Mr. Assange nor WikiLeaks immediately returned messages seeking comment.

[...]

Congress has authority under federal law to grant immunity to witnesses who testify on Capitol Hill, prohibiting prosecutors from using “any information directly or indirectly derived from such testimony or other information” in any criminal proceedings.

Russian state-sponsored hackers sourced the Democratic Party documents released by WikiLeaks prior to the 2016 presidential election, according to U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials, and the Senate Intelligence Committee is investigating the leak as part of the panel’s probe into Russia’s involvement in the race.

A separate investigation being conducted by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, meanwhile, returned criminal charges last month against a dozen Russians accused of hacking Democratic targets during the 2016 race, including Democratic National Committee computers and the email account of former presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, among others. WikiLeaks subsequently published internal DNC documents and Mr. Podesta’s emails in the days and weeks leading up to Election Day, disrupting Mrs. Clinton’s campaign and providing ammunition for President Trump’s.
    https://archive.fo/XO9R3#selection-3909.68-3915.155

Mueller is in fact prosecuting people over the lie that Russia hacked the DNC and then gave the emails to Wikileaks, which is what Roger Stone and Assange will end up having to testify about.

Assange already made it clear that Seth Rich was the one who gave Wikileaks the DNC emails, and Seth Rich was murdered. This is one of the big hot potatoes that's bound to bust the Clinton cartel wide open in full public view, but that whole back story will be best told by Assange himself.

AG Barr also has power to grant immunity or dismiss charges against Assange whenever he wants. The charges against Assange so far are pitiful, and carry a maximum punishment that is less than the time he already spent in the embassy in London.

Also a big Wikileaks dump today, but it's not the insurance policy:

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

At the White House, President Trump was asked about WikiLeaks on Thursday.

Reporter: “Mr. President, do you still love WikiLeaks?”

President Donald Trump: “I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It’s not my thing.”

While Trump claimed he knew nothing about WikiLeaks, he repeatedly praised the whistleblowing site during the 2016 campaign for publishing internal Democratic Party emails.

Donald Trump: “This just came out. This just came out. WikiLeaks! I love WikiLeaks!”

from https://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/...atedly_in_2016

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Clarity (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), ichingcarpenter (12th April 2019), jebrenham (14th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), waree (12th April 2019), Zanshin (14th April 2019)

26. Link to Post #74
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Facebook blocks outspoken Ecuadorian ex-president Rafael Correa's page

RT
    Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:44 UTC

Former Ecuadorian president Rafael Correa © Reuters/Eric Vidal

Facebook has apparently blocked the page of former Ecuadorian president Rafael Correa, which was used to share WikiLeaks material. The move also comes after he bashed his successor for allowing to arrest Julian Assange.

Correa took to Twitter on Thursday night to decry the block, which he called a "show of desperation" following the publication of the INA papers, a trove of documents leaked last month that show current President Lenin Moreno's involvement in a corruption investigation. Correa had been publicizing the papers on his Facebook page, which had 1.5 million followers.

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed the block to El Comercio, telling the paper that Correa's page was blocked because it breached the company's policies on "disclosure of personal information, such as phone numbers, addresses, bank account data, cards, or any record or data that could compromise the integrity physical or financial of the people in our community."
    Microsoft translation: They Blocked my Facebook page, 1.5 million followers One step further from the brutal persecution, and another show of desperation for INA papers, of which the corrupt Moreno will not be able to escape. Just this way I will announce new page. Do Not believe in "fakes"
    The block also came one day after Correa branded Moreno "the greatest traitor in Ecuadorian history" for allowing British officers to enter London's Ecuadorian embassy and arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. One week previously, WikiLeaks had suggested that Moreno would move to oust Assange soon, as revenge for WikiLeaks' reporting on the INA papers.

There is at present nothing to suggest that Facebook blocked Correa on behalf of Moreno. However, the social media giant has been criticized before for deleting left and right-leaning activist and news pages in the US, and leftist news outlets in Latin America.

Related:
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

27. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), avid (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), ClearWater (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (13th April 2019), jebrenham (13th April 2019), KiwiElf (12th April 2019), Kryztian (12th April 2019), Philippe (13th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), Tintin (13th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019), Zanshin (14th April 2019)

28. Link to Post #75
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

This is becoming politicized faster than I thought.

Quote “It’s clear from the indictment that came out that it’s not about punishing journalism. It’s about assisting the hacking of the military computers, sealed information from the United States government. And, look, I’ll wait and see what happens with the charges and how it proceeds, but he skipped bail in the U.K., in Sweden had those rape charges which have been dropped in the last several years. But, the bottom line is that he has to answer for what he’s done, as has been charged.”

She then added, to the apparent delight of both the audience and a guffawing Begala: “I do think it’s ironic that he may be the only foreigner that this administration would welcome to the U.S.”
    https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...rcycle-jacket/

29. Link to Post #76
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

This stinks to high heaven with the added irony that it is exactly the kind of corruption that Wikileaks was so good at exposing.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/ecuado...kQyN6On1W_94W8

WASHINGTON — Chelsea Manning’s fight against her subpoena in the U.S. Department of Justice’s grand-jury case targeting WikiLeaks founder and former publisher Julian Assange this past week has revealed several uncomfortable truths, not only about that investigation but also about the fate of Assange, whose asylum in Ecuador’s London embassy hangs precariously in the balance.

While reporting on the probe has largely focused on the nature of the still-sealed DOJ case, most reports have largely missed the fact that the marked increase in activity relating to the probe is directly related to the fact that Ecuador has, by all indications, agreed to rescind Assange’s asylum so that he may be extradited to the United States. As a consequence, the U.S. is moving forward with its case against Assange and WikiLeaks — which began nearly a decade ago in 2010 — now that it has received assurances that Assange’s extradition is a matter of when, not if.

Just days into 2019, the former president of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, who had originally granted Assange asylum in 2012, shared via Twitter a document showing that Ecuador’s current government, led by Lenín Moreno, was “auditing” Assange’s asylum as well as Assange’s Ecuadorian citizenship, which he had been granted in late 2017.
    According to the document shared by Correa, the audit will examine the period from January 1, 2012, to September 20, 2018, and will “determine whether the procedures for granting asylum and naturalization to Julian Assange were carried out in accordance with national and international law.”

La última de Contraloría:
    “Examen especial” al otorgamiento de asilo a Julian Assange.
    Eso es tan “procedente” como hacer un examen especial al nombramiento de un ministro.
    Ya que gobierne nomás Celi, el contralor impostor.
    Por su odio y persecución, somos el hazmerreír del mundo pic.twitter.com/ipOMaqFIB5

— Rafael Correa (@MashiRafael) January 2, 2019

WikiLeaks subsequently shared Correa’s tweet and noted that this seemingly unusual reevaluation of Assange’s asylum was directly related to the Moreno administration’s efforts to secure a loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a total of $10 billion. Per WikiLeaks, some of the conditions set for Ecuador’s receipt of the IMF loan included U.S. government demands of “handing over Assange and dropping environmental claims against Chevron” for the oil giant’s role in polluting Ecuador’s rainforest and poisoning many of its indigenous inhabitants.
    Washington’s IMF leverage
    For those who would argue that the U.S. could not set such conditions on a loan offered by an “independent” international financial institution, it is worth pointing out that the U.S. is the IMF’s largest shareholder — owning 17.46 percent of the institution – and also ponies up the largest quota for the institution’s maintenance, paying $164 billion in IMF financial commitments annually. In the past, the U.S. has used its privileged position as the institution’s largest funder to control IMF policy by threatening to withhold its IMF funding if the institution does not abide by Washington’s demands.

Furthermore, a leaked U.S. Army manual on “Unconventional Warfare” published by WikiLeaks in 2008 noted that the IMF was considered by the U.S. government to be a “financial weapon” to be used in “unconventional warfare” scenarios. As MintPress News recently noted, the manual states that the U.S.’ “persuasive influence” over the IMF can be used by the U.S. military to create “financial incentives or disincentives to persuade adversaries, allies and surrogates to modify their behavior at the theater strategic, operational, and tactical levels,” with such unconventional warfare campaigns highly coordinated with the State Department and the intelligence community.

It is also worth pointing out that Ecuador has been threatened with the financial might of the United States for much more minor issues than Assange’s status, despite its return to Washington’s “good graces” under Moreno’s leadership. For instance, last July, the U.S. threatened Ecuador with “punishing trade measures” if it introduced a measure at the UN that supported breastfeeding over infant formula — a stunning move that showed the international community the U.S.’ willingness to use “economic weapons,” even against allies. Ecuador, of course, immediately acquiesced under the threat of U.S. retribution.

Less than two weeks ago, on February 21, Ecuador signed a deal securing the controversial IMF loan for a total of $4.2 billion, in addition to another $6 billion from other U.S.-dominated financial institutions like the World Bank, for a total of $10.2 billion. If WikiLeaks’ early January warning is to be believed, it can be assumed that deal was secured by Ecuador offering the U.S. assurances that it would soon “hand over” Assange.

Moreno, since he signed on the IMF’s dotted line, has wasted no time in putting into practice the “structural adjustments” and other conditions required by the IMF for Ecuador’s receipt of the loan, including job cuts. In just three days, from February 28 to March 1, Moreno’s government fired nearly 10,000 public officials, according to Ecuadorian media. This is remarkable considering that the deal has not even been granted final approval by the IMF, demonstrating that Moreno is eager to show his willingness to enact the demands of the loan package.

Public ire over the mass firing has grown steadily in recent days, aggravated by the fact that Moreno was implicated in a major corruption scandal just two days before the IMF agreement was signed.

Furthermore, there are indications that Moreno’s government is preparing to drop charges against Chevron — one of the two U.S. government demands made to Ecuador in exchange for the IMF deal, with the other being Assange’s extradition. According to a report published on Wednesday by UPI, Moreno’s government is moving forward with a clean-up of the area that Chevron polluted. As UPI noted:

After 26 years of legal actions in Ecuador, the United States, Canada and Europe that failed to result in any significant cleanup effort of areas affected by crude oil spills, Ecuadorian authorities will start to clean up polluted areas to try to stop the damage.”

This is notable because, as UPI writes, “previously, authorities could not interfere with the spills because the pollution was used as evidence in lawsuits against Chevron.” Thus, the Moreno-led government’s move to clean up the area that had served as key evidence in past Chevron lawsuits suggests that they are preparing to drop their claims against Chevron.

Ecuador ready to deliver
    Moreno’s willingness to quickly enact these requirements of the IMF loan begs the question of how quickly he will seek to enact the alleged U.S. government demands that have also been linked to the loan, namely Assange’s asylum and Ecuadorian citizenship. With both now under review since early January, there is reason to believe that the results of this politically-motivated audit could soon be revealed and are likely to be Washington’s liking.

Further evidence that the U.S. is convinced that Ecuador is set to move to strip Assange of his legal protections granted by his asylum and his status as a citizen of Ecuador has come from the progress made by the sealed U.S. charges against the WikiLeaks founder. The existence of the case, which had long been suspected, was inadvertently yet officially confirmed last November when a “clerical error” revealed that the U.S. has criminal charges waiting for Assange should he be extradited to the United States. A subsequent lawsuit to unseal those charges was unsuccessful.

Chelsea Manning revealed on February 28 to the New York Times that she has been ordered to appear before a grand jury regarding the U.S. case against Assange. The subpoena was first issued on January 22, just a few weeks after Ecuador announced it was “auditing” Assange’s asylum and citizenship.

Manning had originally been ordered to appear on February 5, but for still unknown reasons the date was postponed to March 5. Manning had announced she would fight the subpoena, but it was upheld by the court despite the efforts of Manning and her legal team.

Manning’s subpoena notably revealed that the case against Assange is related to WikiLeaks’ publications and his actions well prior to the 2016 publication of emails from the Democratic National Committee and former Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta by the transparency group. This was confirmed by U.S. officials who spoke to the Washington Post. Many of the documents published by WikiLeaks during this time, including the information given by Manning to the group, exposed horrific war crimes that took place under the Bush administration.

Washington Post confirms: "U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity because of grand jury secrecy say the case is based on [Assange's] pre-2016 conduct, not the election hacks that drew the attention of special counsel Robert S. Mueller" https://t.co/ok8QG2ngD2

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) March 5, 2019

Yet another troubling but often overlooked implication of the Manning subpoena is the fact that its issuance shows that the Trump administration is actively moving forward in its pursuit of the case, which was first initiated in 2010 by the Obama administration. Though the Obama administration eventually shelved the case, which seeks to prosecute Assange under the Espionage Act, the Trump administration has revived it — despite Trump’s self-professed “love” for WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign.

According to a report published last November by the Wall Street Journal, the Department of Justice announced that it was “preparing to prosecute” Assange and was “increasingly optimistic it will be able to get him into a U.S. courtroom.” The report also stated that the DOJ planned to indict Assange in such a way that it would trigger his extradition to the United States to stand trial, following sensitive negotiations with foreign governments, namely Ecuador.

With Ecuador now having signed off on the IMF deal — and with it, demonstrated its willingness to submit to the demands underpinning that deal — the U.S.’ optimism seems to have only grown since last year, a sign that does not bode well for Julian Assange or for anyone who values the public’s right to know and press freedom in the United States and beyond.

Top Photo | U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, left, and Ecuador’s President Lenin Moreno exchange looks during the delivery of a final statement at the government palace in Quito, Ecuador, June 28, 2018. Dolores Ochoa | AP

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), fifi (13th April 2019), Hervé (12th April 2019), Philippe (13th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

31. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

In Memoriam Namir Noor-Eldeen 1984 - 2007

As we watch and consider what is happening to Julian Assange, we might also want to look back twelve years ago to an important part of this story, the murder of a 22 year old Iraqi photo-journalist named Namir Noor-Eldeed in Bagdad on on July 12, 2007. Many of his photos captured the horror of the U.S. invasion of Iraq were published by Reuters and other news publications.

Noor-Eldeen was himself an object of famous photography. He was a small blip seen in a 17 minute video that was later dubbed "Collateral Murder" by Wikileaks that became public in 2010.

On July 2007, Noor-Eldeen was gunned down by a U S military Apache helicopter in the middle of a Baghdad marketplace, just a few feet away from some small children. While there have been numerous cries for an investigation, there never has been one. There has never been an official explanation of what happened. There has never been an apology.

The invasion of Iraq, for reasons of protecting the U.S.A. from "weapons of mass destruction", charges proved utterly false, is now in its sixteenth year and has cause the death of up to two million Iraqis and thousand of U.S. servicemen. There has never been an explanation or investigation in to how this ever happened, and yet the U.S. is still often contemplating similar courses of action in Syria, Iran, Venezuela and other foreign nations "for humanitarian purposes".

The Collateral Murder video came to Wikileaks by way of Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning. Manning spent seven years in prison, most of the time in solitary, and much of that time, completely naked. Per the U.N., she was a victim of torture and human rights violations - that's a gross understatement.

Yesterday, Assange was carried out of the embassy by six men in jackets and dress shirts. Clearly, these six had practiced for hours with a stand in who attempted all sorts of maneuvers during which time they practiced keeping their clothing from being ruffled and keeping their facial expressions calm and dignified creating an antiseptic aura of civility for the world's nightly news programs.

What ever was really behind the arrest of Assange, is in fact, complete barbarism and cruelty. It is the same machine that gunned down Namir Noor-Eldeen in broad daylight in a Baghdad market and imprisoned a naked Chelsea Manning in solitary confinement for seven years. It is the same machine that turns nations into debtors prisons and call for regime change of popular or elected leaders. It invades, plunders and murders and while CNN make it looks like it is a humanitarian operation. It makes you buy toxic products, injects them in your body, sprays them on the lawn where your children play and has Harvard create reports that demonstrate it is safe and healthy.

It's not the six men arresting Assange. It is not the people who pulled the trigger in the Baghdad marketplace. It's not Trump or Clinton or Obama or Bush. It is all of these people and institutions and so much more and it is important to resists it with ever fiber of your being every moment of your life or else get sucked up into it. We do not know who or what is at the top of this machine, nor should we pretend to know, but it's evil is unmistakable.

It is mostly devoid or compassion or feeling and just seeks to suck up wealth and power, but one thing it especially despises is truth. Journalists and whistle blowers are it's worst enemies. It arrests them, imprisons them, tortures them and shoots them down in broad daylight. And yesterday was a banner day.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

angelfire (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), fifi (13th April 2019), happyuk (13th April 2019), ichingcarpenter (13th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (13th April 2019), jebrenham (14th April 2019), onawah (13th April 2019), Philippe (13th April 2019), Sandy123 (15th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), sllim11 (13th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

33. Link to Post #78
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,350 times in 21,475 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Quote Posted by waree (here)
    [...]
    The book is Gore Vidal History of The National Security State.
    [...]
    Here's a longer article into the background of Gore Vidal, what this book was about, and why Why the Book Julian Assange Was Holding When He Was Arrested is Vitally Important.

Here's a portion from the middle of this article:

================
    In the book Assange was pictured holding, Vidal explained how the United States established the “massive military-industrial-security complex” and the “political culture that gave us the ‘Imperial Presidency.’”

The book was written by Vidal and The Real News Network senior editor Paul Jay. In it, the two dissected the apparatus that would eventually facilitate Assange’s arrest. Through propaganda and manipulation, the establishment has tricked the masses into accepting their corrupt order as the norm. Both Vidal and Assange knew this.
    It doesn’t actually make any difference whether the President is Republican or Democrat. The genius of the American ruling class is that it has been able to make the people think that they have had something to do with the electing of presidents for 200 years when they’ve had absolutely nothing to say about the candidates or the policies or the way the country is run. ~ Gore Vidal
    In the book, Vidal explains the false history of the US and how this false history is used to manipulate people into supporting mass murder and corruption.

“I think everybody should take a sober look at the world about us, remember that practically everything that you’re told about other countries is untrue, what we’re told about ourselves and our great strength and how much we are loved – forget it,” wrote Vidal.
    ================
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (13th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), fifi (13th April 2019), happyuk (13th April 2019), Hervé (13th April 2019), Kryztian (13th April 2019), Sandy123 (15th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), sllim11 (13th April 2019), waree (13th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

35. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,562 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Here's a longer article into the background of Gore Vidal, what this book was about, and why Why the Book Julian Assange Was Holding When He Was Arrested is Vitally Important.
    In the Avalon Library, here.

36. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

betoobig (14th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), ClearWater (13th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), fifi (13th April 2019), HaveBlue (14th April 2019), Hervé (13th April 2019), Iancorgi (13th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (13th April 2019), jebrenham (14th April 2019), Kryztian (13th April 2019), Mike (13th April 2019), Rawhide68 (17th April 2019), Rosemarie (13th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2019), Tintin (13th April 2019), waree (13th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019), Yoda (13th April 2019), Zanshin (14th April 2019)

37. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

You have to wonder about politicians who fantasize about murdering journalists.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (13th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), cursichella1 (13th April 2019), Debra (14th April 2019), jebrenham (14th April 2019), meeradas (31st May 2019), Mike (13th April 2019), Sandy123 (15th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast