+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Mandela Effect Reversal

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Default Re: Mandela Effect Reversal

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    .....Posting a pic of the Berenstain Bear book would not help you. Although this book was in our kids collection of books, it is now titled The Berenstain Bears ...it use to read The Berenstein Bears. I did not pronounce it wrong all those years.

As I said earlier, you can not grasp what I am saying and I beleive that is because nothing has changes for you. You were not affected by a timeline changing so you perceive me as just getting it wrong. That's ok. I suppose that means you are fine.

The difference is that it happened to me, and I needed to prove it to myself and I did. I am left with trying to understand the how and the why of it.....
    I was affected by this "phenomenon" by way of the "Jaws's girlfriend" aspect. However, given the fact that I was eight years old when I watched the movie, my reasoning allows me to entertain the likelyhood of my memory being at fault rather than a physical modification of reality.

I would also ask you how long ago was it that you had read the Berenstain book before it being tied to the Mandela affect? five years? ten? twenty? thirty? more?

To be clear, your book now reads "Berenstain"? If so, regardless of your memories, I defer to all of my above points and I guess we'll leave it there.
    Last edited by Akasha; 29th April 2019 at 09:47.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

petra (29th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

Well Akasha, I suggest that you should have more confidence in your memories. The final scene in Moonraker makes much more sense in it's original state as Dolly opens her mouth in a smile and the character Jaws sees her braces and immediately falls in love with her.

In 2006 the actor Richard Kiel who appeared in the Moonraker movie as Jaws reprised the role in a 2006 VISA commercial in Finland where he comes upon a cashier in a store. Watch...

I was familiar with the Berenstein Bears as a kid but did not care much for it. In the early '90s was the first time I read The Berenstein Bears books to my first child. In the early 2000s I had kids who watched the TV network Treehouse which played cartoons for young children. Everyday for years I would hear the theme song from the show "The Berenstein Bears". Lol! It was then that I began reading the book to them almost on a nightly basis for years. (I now have a large family.) Somewhere around 2014, I discovered the Mandela effect and searched out our collection of children's books and found that the book had physically changed to read "The Berenstain Bears".

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

muxfolder (30th April 2019), petra (29th April 2019), TomKat (29th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I remember the first time I experienced the Mandela effect, at the time had no idea what it was. I remember thinking "The past changed, WTF". I also remember thinking "No fair! Editing my memory while I am using it is cheating" (ha ha).

That was around the same time I started reading Tom Montalk's material, and something he said stood out. He said "you only remember the most recent revision", and all of a sudden, things started to make sense. My memory was being messed with, and I knew it...

Now I'm skeptical again. What's being messed with, exactly. Is it really our memory? We have to judge this for ourselves.

This case of Berenstein bears really stands out to me because other people see it too. I mean, holy crap. I remember learning how to spell the word, and although I was only little, the memory is vivid.

Some "crazy making" I've come across is when I remember people telling me things, I mention it to them, and they don't remember telling me. It makes me feel like I'm going nuts, and tends to annoy people too. I'm not saying everyone should remember every word that came out of their mouth either, it's just frustrating. I had better not be hallucinating.

The worst "crazy making" is when people remember me doing things that I don't remember doing. Especially if the thing isn't nice. I've apologized for quite a few things over the course of my life that I don't even remember doing.

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Well Akasha, I suggest that you should have more confidence in your memories. The final scene in Moonraker makes much more sense in it's original state as Dolly opens her mouth in a smile and the character Jaws sees her braces and immediately falls in love with her.

In 2006 the actor Richard Kiel who appeared in the Moonraker movie as Jaws reprised the role in a 2006 VISA commercial in Finland where he comes upon a cashier in a store. Watch...

I was familiar with the Berenstein Bears as a kid but did not care much for it. In the early '90s was the first time I read The Berenstein Bears books to my first child. In the early 2000s I had kids who watched the TV network Treehouse which played cartoons for young children. Everyday for years I would hear the theme song from the show "The Berenstein Bears". Lol! It was then that I began reading the book to them almost on a nightly basis for years. (I now have a large family.) Somewhere around 2014, I discovered the Mandela effect and searched out our collection of children's books and found that the book had physically changed to read "The Berenstain Bears".
    I err on the side of caution with regard to my memories because I understand they are potentially subject to fallability usually in proportion to their age / lack of importance.

All the Finnish advert proves is that a girl with braces falls for a man who we the viewers historically associate with braces but who in this particular video is braces free.
    Last edited by Akasha; 29th April 2019 at 16:52.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

petra (30th April 2019)

8. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Very interesting. I was in the supermarket (here in Ecuador) a couple of days ago, and noticed a packet of FROOT LOOPS. (As it should be! ) This had been one of the frequently reported Mandela Effect anomalies, with 'FRUIT LOOPS' being the 'replacement' version.

I'll take a photo next time I'm in town. (Unless it's changed again! )
    Took a long time for me to remember to take my camera to the supermarket.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (3rd March 2020), ClearWater (3rd March 2020), Keajran (2nd March 2020), Magnus (4th March 2020), sunwings (4th March 2020), Yoda (3rd March 2020)

10. Link to Post #86
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

20 Examples Of The Mandela Effect That’ll Make You Believe You’re In A Parallel Universe

This article was written in 2016, link below.

Maybe it’s parallel universes or time travel, maybe it’s just bad memory — either way, it’s fascinating.

There’s an unexplained phenomenon that you’ve probably experienced without knowing what it’s called, and it’s garnering more and more attention lately. "The Mandela effect" is what the internet is calling those curious instances in which many of us are certain we remember something a particular way, but it turns out we’re incorrect.

The name of the theory comes from many people feeling certain they could remember Nelson Mandela dying while he was still in prison back in the ’80s. Contrary to what many thought, Mandela’s actual death was on Dec. 5, 2013, despite some people claiming to remember seeing clips of his funeral on TV.

These false memories have some people thinking their memory sucks, but some wonder if they’ve gone to a parallel universe, or if time travelers have gone to the past and slightly affected our present, or if they’re simply losing their freakin’ minds. Whichever it is, what’s most interesting about the Mandela effect is that so many individuals share the same false memories.

For the other 18 follow this link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopher...-make-you-ques

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (4th March 2020), Bill Ryan (3rd March 2020), Ivanhoe (3rd March 2020), Keajran (7th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5