Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8401
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

As with so many areas of science and scholarship, the controversy over the history of human warfare is intense, and I have spent a great deal of time in recent years digesting it. I am about to draft the changes to various sections of my big essay to reflect that study, going back to chimps up to the Industrial Revolution.

On warfare’s antiquity, there are two basic camps: the long and short chronologies, AKA the hawks and the doves, and the long chronology has also been called the “deep roots” hypothesis. My sense is that the hawks are going to win the argument. There is a rich scientific literature on this subject, and I recently did a dive on a key arena for this argument: Australia. For the issue of endemic hunter-gatherer warfare, there is likely no better specimen than Australia before the English invaded, as Australians never adopted agriculture, although it has been speculated to have possibly developed around the Murray River.

The dean of the doves is Douglas Fry, and a chapter of The Human Potential for Peace deals with Aboriginal Australia. Chapters of Violence and Warfare Among Hunter-Gatherers deal with the issue, as well as portions of Constant Battles. The contrasts between the doves and hawks can be stunning. Fry’s work is much less scientific than those other works, and was pretty disappointing, all in all. Fry’s entire chapter was based on selected ethnographic accounts, which are when white people encountered or studied the aborigines and wrote about them. The chapter was all about how peaceful the aborigines were and their peacemaking systems. Noam provided a blurb for War, Peace, and Human Nature, which is one of my areas of disagreement with Noam.

A chapter of Violence and Warfare Among Hunter-Gatherers examined the skeletal evidence, which gave mute testimony to the awesome violence that the aborigines engaged in. The chapter examined in particular arm and skull fractures. The arm fractures were “parry fractures” in which a person’s forearm was broken when a blow aimed at the head was parried. From all parts of Australia, hundreds of skeletons were examined, and 4% of the men and 5% of the women had parry fractures. The left arms had twice as many fractures, as they parried blows from right-handed assailants.

The skull fractures were called cranial depression fractures, in which the skull took a blow that dented the skull (with the left side again favored). More than 21% of the men had skull fractures and more than 36% of the women, and 10% of the women had their skulls broken more than once. In some regions, more than 70% of the men or women had broken skulls.

The women’s treatment reflected the aborigines’ patrilocal cultures, in which women were considered property, to be treated as the men pleased. So, the women’s injuries were largely inflicted by their “husbands,” while the men’s injuries were inflicted by other men. The hawks took great exception to how Fry and friends sliced and diced hunter-gatherer violence into categories such as “feuding” and “homicides,” and pretty much defined warfare for hunter-gatherers out of existence.

Both Fry and the hawks discussed the findings of W. Lloyd Warner, who studied aborigines in northern Australia, and while Fry criticized Warner’s lumping the categories of violence together, what Fry did not discuss was that Warner’s study showed that 25% of the men died violently in that region. That accords well with other hunter-gatherer data from across the world, as well as village farmers in the New Guinea Highlands and elsewhere. In the pre-contact New Guinea Highlands (“undiscovered” until the 1930s), which is the ultimate pristine instance of subsistence farming, about 30% of the societies went extinct each century due to warfare.

Keith Otterbein is still about the only anthropologist that I have seen who compared patrilocal with matrilocal cultures, particularly regarding how violent they were. In some horticultural and fishing cultures, women got the economic upper hand as they delivered more calories than the men did, and those societies became matrilocal. Those are the human journey’s most peaceful preindustrial cultures. Women just aren’t as murderous as men are.

Fry’s Australia work was greatly weakened by only dealing with ethnographic accounts, LeBlanc’s work is the kind of multidisciplinary work that towers above work such as Fry’s, and the hawks study the evolutionary aspects of the human line and warfare.

As LeBlanc clearly showed in his studies, including intensive fieldwork in the American Southwest and Fertile Crescent, when there was plenty, there was peace. LeBlanc showed how the Mimbres culture thrived during the Medieval Warm Period, as the population grew by 500% while the previous endemic warfare disappeared. When the droughts of the Little Ice Age came, warfare flourished and the population collapsed.

LeBlanc’s team studied the entire trajectory, from AD 200 to 1400. The early settlers farmed the fertile Mimbres Valley floor and hunted deer and other large animals, but as the large animals went extinct, then cottontail rabbits became the meat staple, and farming expanded upward along the sides of the valley, into more marginal lands as the population exploded. The region saw its Golden Age at the height, between 900 and 1150, which was the peak of the Medieval Warm Period, when the magnificent structures at Chaco Canyon were built. The native practices were far from sustainable, and the entire region was deforested and became more arid, and jackrabbits replaced cottontails in the native diet. By 1200, the Medieval Warm Period was waning, the population began to collapse, warfare began to flourish, and entire settlements were massacred. By 1400, the Mimbres Valley was completely uninhabited. LeBlanc’s work shows how that was a typical pattern globally, and particularly in the Fertile Crescent during the early days of agriculture.

The bottom line was that preindustrial peoples never had any incentive to limit their numbers, and always bred to the land’s carrying capacity, which severely degraded the land’s carrying capacity while it wrecked the ecosystems. When resources got scarce, it got violent. That is going to be the gist of my work on the subject. It is already in my big essay, but will become more explicit.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd December 2019 at 03:23.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd December 2019), Chris Gilbert (2nd December 2019), Forest Denizen (4th December 2019), Franny (3rd December 2019), Joseph McAree (5th December 2019), Krishna (2nd December 2019), Melinda (2nd December 2019), Reinhard (2nd December 2019)

3. Link to Post #8402
    Thanks

Hi:

To my previous post, the hawks and doves are united in that warfare is a problem that both are trying to solve. As Tony Bennett said, warfare is the “lowest form of human behavior.” The hawks have noted that hunter-gatherer and village farming cultures have quickly given up war when given a reason to, and it has always been an economic reason, generally when introduced to Fourth Epoch goods.

Men and women have been wired, to an extent, for their societal roles, with women rearing children and men fighting battles. This is all highly relevant to my vision for the Fifth Epoch. There will certainly be idiot men and dark pathers whose first inclination will be to make weapons with free energy. But the GCs likely already have ways to prevent that, and that is where the peacekeeping grandmothers come in.

I think that efforts to prevent people from trying to weaponize free energy technology (or strip-mine Earth with it) will only need to last for a generation or so, and even the stupidest Young Warriors will finally understand. Jesus’s prophecy that humanity will learn to leave war behind will finally come to pass. Warfare will soon be seen to be as stupid as playing Russian roulette is, and nobody will need to be reminded anymore. The same will go for crime. Those behaviors simply won’t make sense any longer. Greed will no longer run the show, our cherished ideologies will fade to oblivion, and this kind of world becomes feasible.

In the first generation of the Fifth Epoch, many people are going to keep singing the song of scarcity, as it is baked pretty deeply into the human animal, but people will quickly begin to realize that the song no longer makes any sense, and it will go into the dustbin of history, like slavery did. People are quite capable of leaving behind the “ideals” of previous epochs, when they become obsolete. Adapting to abundance should not pose too many problems.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd December 2019 at 14:06.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd December 2019), Billy (4th December 2019), Forest Denizen (4th December 2019), Franny (5th December 2019), Joseph McAree (5th December 2019), Krishna (3rd December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (3rd December 2019), Servant Limestone (4th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #8403
    Thanks

Hi:

I am not the only person calling what is happening in South America a revival of Operation Condor. The USA is overthrowing governments right and left. We really are the greatest force of evil on Earth. Nobody else can come close to our bloody record since World War II, and hiring all of the useful Nazis was only a sign of things to come. Assange’s treatment is just more of the same for our fascist makeover. As bad as Trump is, Hillary would have likely started World War III by now.

It is really something to be an American who is awake to what is happening. Being awake is not easy, but it beats being asleep. All that we take with us is our awareness. Long ago, before I was truly awakened, I read Yogananda’s biography, in which he asked his guru about how easy it seemed to just shuffle along with the herd, with one’s head in the sand, grabbing another beer. His guru replied that while it may seem attractive to live that way, such people slept the fitful sleep of ignorance. I did not really understand that observation until many years later. Extremely few Americans are awake to the slightest degree, and Americans have not been my target audience since about 2004. Almost nobody is home, in history’s most brainwashed population. Caitlin Johnstone regularly exposes our propaganda system and those who defend it, such as here, and Matt Taibbi now carries the mantle of chief media critic in the mainstream, such as here. Enjoy them while you can.

The GCs are merely the masters of a game that is being played at all levels of Earth’s political-economic systems, and Brian’s question of whether humanity is a sentient species is a fair one. But it would take relatively few people to right the ship. That’s my game. But we have to be awake, first.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th December 2019 at 20:27.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2019), Billy (4th December 2019), Bluegreen (4th December 2019), Forest Denizen (4th December 2019), Franny (5th December 2019), Joseph McAree (5th December 2019), JRS (8th December 2019), Krishna (4th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (5th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #8404
    Thanks

Hi:

It is metrics time. Probably today sometime, my Avalon thread will go over 2.6 million views. It is mostly bot traffic, but plenty of humans are also readers, and I hope that you all get something worthwhile from the experience. I have met many pals through Avalon, and I’ll never have another forum experience quite like it.

Best,

Wade

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2019), Billy (4th December 2019), Bluegreen (4th December 2019), earthdreamer (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (4th December 2019), Franny (5th December 2019), Joseph McAree (5th December 2019), JRS (8th December 2019), Krishna (4th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (5th December 2019), Servant Limestone (6th December 2019), Tam (4th December 2019), Tintin (4th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #8405
    Thanks

Hi:

When I think about what I am doing, I can see that I am following the prescription of one of my first mystical mentors: the means become the ends. I am trying an approach that will be worthy of the Fifth Epoch.

The closest thing that there has ever been to free energy on the market was Dennis’s program for selling his heat pump, as he put the world’s best heating system on customers’ homes for free. It is still the most brilliant and benevolent business strategy that I ever witnessed or heard of, and Dennis has been portrayed as a criminal since I met him. He is by far the greatest human that I will ever know, and he has been continually vilified in the popular culture. Orwell was so right.

Dennis thought that he could make a win-win-win situation happen (as did Sparky), but what he did not count on was that the electric companies were being dishonest with their conservation rhetoric. Dennis was delivering more conservation than they had in mind. The disinformation campaigns, which featured a lying “skeptic,” combined with attacks from government and private-interest hit men and women (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), were effective. Those were just all aspects of my journey’s primary lesson. Every time that Dennis’s companies were stolen, the thieves promptly threw away Dennis’s “crazy” marketing plans, because he was not going for the quick capitalistic kill, but the thieves were too stupid and greed-blinded to understand that his marketing programs were what made it all work.

So, I am trying to mount an effort of unprecedented sentience and integrity, in which history’s most lucrative technology will be given to humanity. Those who accomplish the task that I have in mind will have to attain a big-picture awareness and be able to visualize the Fifth Epoch, for starters. Otherwise, they won’t be able to help me navigate the minefields to the finish line, as they will get lost or become casualties. What I am doing will never become popular until it delivers, because I am not appealing to people’s immediate self-interest, and advocate something that almost nobody can even imagine today. The people that I seek are going to be very rare, with unusual qualities. They are not superhuman traits by any means, but just rare today. In the Fifth Epoch, they will be the norm, but in our world of scarcity and fear, such people are needles in haystacks. I stopped judging any of that long ago, and am just trying something that might work, and which is in alignment with that mystical advice from so long ago.

Best,

Wade

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2019), Chris Gilbert (5th December 2019), Franny (5th December 2019), Joseph McAree (5th December 2019), JRS (8th December 2019), Krishna (7th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (5th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #8406
    Thanks

Hi:

As I begin to write a pretty significant revision on Second and Third Epoch peoples and warfare, which will stretch all the way back to chimps and up to just before civilizations formed (I guess that we could call it prehistoric warfare), the treatment of women is going to be prominent. When chimps would slaughter their neighbors, as they drove the neighboring society to extinction, they often incorporated the fertile females and killed everybody else. Bonobos are the great exception, as they are not only female-dominated, but nobody ever kills an infant, which was standard procedure among chimps and many other primate species. It was an economic effect, basically food-prevalence, which enabled the bonobo transformation.

In hunter-gatherer societies, they were all patrilocal, and disputes over women, including their capture, was one of the greatest reasons for warfare.

In early farming villages, it got worse. Slaughtering entire villages and abducting their women was an endemic issue for early villages, but only the patrilocal ones. In matrilocal cultures, such behavior was unknown. When Europeans invaded the Eastern Woodlands (which had matrilocal societies), the natives never raped captured women, which was nearly incomprehensible to the Europeans, in which raping captured women was standard practice, from the earliest days of the New World’s invasion.

Long ago, when I understood the chimp pattern of genocide and infanticide, I thought that such a practice would not work for people, as a woman was unlikely to mate with the murderer of her children, but I was wrong. It happened all the time in those raids of farming villages.

I suspect that captured members of neighboring societies are where slavery came from, in patrilocal farming villages. It really took off with the rise of civilization, however. The first written laws were notably concerned with the treatment of slaves.

Big subjects, a lot to write, and I need to get cracking on it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th December 2019 at 02:53.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), Gracy (6th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Krishna (7th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019)

13. Link to Post #8407
    Thanks

Hi:

I don’t know how it happened, but I got on the mailing list of a Velikovskian journal, which promotes stuff like the Electric Universe. I just got something this morning from them. I snooped into Velikovsky’s stuff long ago and never really bought any of it, although Velikovsky was shabbily treated by many, including Carl Sagan, which is how I stumbled into it. Others far more qualified than me have dealt with Electric Universe theorizing. Brian O never sang Velikovsky’s praises.

A difficult aspect of what I do is that Dennis was a poor spokesman for the science behind the technologies that we were involved with when I was with him. Dennis does not have a scientific background. Dennis was a promoter and entrepreneur, not a scientist. That said, he understood his heat pump better than many scientists and engineers who worked for him, such as Brian. I often cringed when Dennis tried to explain the science behind what he promoted. He could fail badly even when trying to explain his heat pump’s performance.

My jury is still out on whether Mr. Mentor’s or Victor Fischer’s hydraulic heat engines could make free energy with the panels from Dennis’s heat pump. But that does not mean that their engines were not profound breakthroughs in wringing more useful energy from a fuel source. Those men were no slouches, nor was Owen the rocket scientist. He was not the only rocket scientist from my childhood. You will never find any of Dennis’s debunkers mention Mr. Mentor or Owen or the fact that Dennis put the world’s best heating system on people’s homes for free.

Sparky Sweet was the real deal, as was his free energy gizmo, but Sparky epitomized the naïveté of scientists, mailing working prototypes of his gizmo to the energy institutions, expecting the tickertape parade. It was as naïve as Dennis’s thinking that he would get a tickertape parade from the electric companies for delivering his heat pump to the Seattle market. Or as naïve as Mark’s thinking that he could sneak past them with his free energy prototype. Or as naïve as Brian’s thinking that he could put on a UFO conference and not suffer any consequences, which turned out to be life-shortening. We all lost our naïveté honestly, but Sparky, for instance, continued to play right into their hands by playing secrecy games with his technology. That is a huge loser of an approach. Greer is still surprisingly naïve about key aspects of the free energy field, such as his $100K reward for a working free energy prototype. There are higher bidders. He knows that all too well, so his stances are mystifying at times, and his fervor over that supposed alien corpse is kind of bizarre and really makes me wonder about him, aside from his flexing biceps. We all have our idiosyncrasies, which is part of what makes us human.

But Dennis’s religious fervor, scientific illiteracy, and promoter’s ways, Sparky’s secrecy games, Greer’s odd predilections, Bearden’s right-wing paranoia (which isn’t all paranoia), Brian’s Lapis Pig and the like should not detract from the hard science and technology issues, and they are very real. These are difficult subjects to navigate.

I have made it very clear what a propaganda mill the media is, and Ed and Noam did a lot of impeccable work to show that. They have been smeared ever since, and Noam is the most famous intellectual on Earth, and his and Ed’s media work is unassailable. So, how hard is it to smear Dennis and Brian over something far more unorthodox? I have made it very clear what kind of historical fairy tales that was raised with, the lies of my capitalist indoctrination, what a racket Western medicine is, and so on. For those with eyes to see, the terrain is pretty clear.

These issues are all part of why getting to the finish line that I have in mind is so difficult. Vanishingly few have the right stuff for the task in the first place, and for those who begin the walk to a comprehensive awareness, particularly around the free energy conundrum, a million pitfalls await, and I have watched them swallow up countless people. Getting to where they can become useful for an effort like mine is like walking the razor’s edge. It has taken a lifetime to get to where I am today, and my work is not for quick-study artists. It takes time and effort, at minimum, but it isn’t dull.

Best,

Wade

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2019), Bluegreen (7th December 2019), Franny (8th December 2019), Gracy (7th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), JRS (8th December 2019), Krishna (8th December 2019), kudzy (7th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #8408
    Thanks

Hi:

I just realized that Uncle Noam turned 91 today. He still teaches and keeps going strong. Incredible, and along with Ed and Howard, they are my inspirations to keep going as long as I can. We’ll see if I can squeeze 30 more good years out of this orange.

Best,

Wade

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2019), Franny (8th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Krishna (8th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019), Servant Limestone (7th December 2019)

17. Link to Post #8409
    Thanks

Hi:

In Ed’s writings, such as when he wrote about the recent propaganda barrage about Russia and Ukraine, he remarked that although his audience might be relatively small, the task of exposing the media’s lies was still worthwhile, even though it might seem like Ed was a voice in the wilderness.

Ed wrote about “Golden Silences” in the media, in which far more newsworthy events than what was on the media’s news cycle passed in complete silence, such as genocide inflicted by a client state. One of those picking up Ed’s mantle is Caitlin Johnstone, and her recent article on the media’s silence around the truth behind a recent propaganda barrage – Syria’s alleged use of chemical weapons, which I knew was a lie from the moment I heard about it – is something that Ed could have written (although their styles are very different, obviously). I told Ed that the shoes that he would leave behind would be insanely large to fill (and he replied that they weren’t empty yet! ), but some of us are trying. When Noam passes, probably in the next 20 years sometime ( ), he will take his place with Socrates, Newton, and Einstein in the history of Western thought. He is the last man standing from his circle of pals, and his passing will truly be the end of an era.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th December 2019 at 14:49.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2019), Franny (8th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), JRS (8th December 2019), Krishna (8th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019)

19. Link to Post #8410
    Thanks

Hi:

A little bit more on awakening. Until people have been on the receiving end of smear campaigns (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), with the media making it up as it went along, replete with libelous headlines, been on the receiving end of troll attacks (1, 2), and then the admins pile on with them (even erasing their work), been in Kangaroo Court, have had hit men sicced on them (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), have witnessed their associates repeatedly try to steal their companies (1, 2, 3, 4), have had officials repeatedly try to have them murdered, to burying their associates, it is not easy to understand what those situations are like.

But people don’t have to go through all of those experiences to wake up. One of them can be sufficient, and then the others are far easier to comprehend without having to live them. I did not have to go to prison to understand that the officials actively tried to have Dennis murdered. I know that I can barely understand what Dennis survived, but I sure don’t doubt the reality of any of it. If they made a movie of Dennis’s life, almost nobody would believe any of it, from his migrant farmer background to leaving home at 13, to Vietnam, to mafia hit attempts (1, 2), to his early business adventures to his ordeal in his home state, which was all before it really began to get interesting.

I was there for the first friendly buyout offer, and did not need to be there to understand the CIA’s billion dollar offer to go away, before we had the boom lowered on us. By the time that I heard about Sparky Sweet and my pal’s underground technology show, my reaction was about like, “So, what else is new?,” which was about Brian’s reaction to hearing about it. Being asked/ordered to go to Mars was only an amusing footnote to our journeys.

We all lost our naïveté honestly, if we survived the experience. But I am continually approached by people who are naïve, who can’t quite get to the awareness needed to help what I am doing, who have not quite woken up, as they get stuck in their ideologies and lack of experience, as the stark reality of the world that we live in is just too far around the corner for them. You can’t see it from the cubicle or by surfing the Internet (or watching TV ), or even by studying my work. I hand out homework, so that people can maybe get there without going through a meat grinder. I often hear from fringe enthusiasts who continually propose their bright ideas, which are all paths to disaster, who want to rush out and proselytize to their social circles, etc. Some mean well, but most are stuck at the conspiracist/New Age gossip level, play the academia game, etc. They have to raise their games far above those levels to be useful for an effort like mine, and my big essay is part of the curriculum for achieving a comprehensive awareness.

As I have written repeatedly, unless people have been awakened, they will not be able to help along an effort like mine. Heck, they won’t even begin to comprehended it, and it will often seem like a threat to their existence, so they either flee or attack (the flight or fight reaction). My work is not for the masses. I have to aim far higher than that, if I hope to have a prayer of helping make a dent.

I have also written many times that if I had not had my adventures, which woke me up, I would not have much worth saying. I regularly encounter well-meaning people who remind me of how I would have likely turned out if I had not met Dennis. They are naïve, their bright ideas are unworkable, etc. My list of choir qualities is a ranked one. If a person does not care and is not awake, the rest won’t matter. My jury is still out on a mystical awakening, but all of my fellow travelers that I respected had theirs. It helped break them out of materialism and the other scientistic seductions of our Epoch. But scientific literacy is a requirement. Otherwise, people have difficulty focusing on what is important, and easily get lost when navigating this milieu. Becoming scientifically literate without falling for scientistic indoctrination is not an easy journey.

I am continually approached by people who don’t understand those requirements, and it is always because they don’t meet them. When people meet those requirements, they understand why I have listed them. I have been challenged/attacked over all of them, at one time or another, by people who deny their importance. It makes it easy for me to decide that they are not the people I seek. I can pretty much name that tune in one note anymore, as I have fielded thousands of reactions to my work over the past generation. I doubt that I will ever receive a reaction that I have not seen before, but maybe so. Perhaps, one day, somebody is going to hit notes far higher and sweeter than I have heard before, and if so, I will likely carry those spears. It was more than an honor to carry Dennis’s and Brian’s, but I doubt that I will ever encounter anybody else like them, so I soldier on.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 8th December 2019 at 20:08.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th December 2019), Franny (8th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Krishna (9th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #8411
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Been reading "Darwin's unfinished symphony : how culture made the human mind by Kevin Laland"

Culture in this context is "any knowledge passed from one generation to the next"
    Human evolution has been driven by culture and energy, with each acting as limits in different contexts. Proto humans in the oldowan period started eating meat and bone marrow by scavenging or stealing from predators, this behavior was an effect of the social brain, with proto teaching of tool making, shared intentions, this set the stage for the use and eventual mastery of fire. The mastery of fire and the social brain started the first epoch. This social and energy revolution then led to the second epoch when humans became super predators and started dominating their ecosystems possibly as early as 500-300 thousand years ago in Africa. The glacial age did not allow for agriculture and its energy, humanity was stuck in the second epoch until the current inter glacial. This interglacial was the start of the third epoch with human population and culture(knowledge) expanding, humanity in the third epoch were split in two worlds with interactions only between their domains. The Fourth Epoch started with the joining of those worlds to form a global humanity that interacted with each other globally, this epoch is marked by fossil fuel energy, arguably a global humanity was a prerequisite.

So what does the book say.
    1) High fidelity copying is one of the fundamental aspects of humanity
    2) Teaching is a fundamental aspect
    3) Imitation is a fundamental aspect of being human
    4) Novelty, mixing, and innovation is a minor aspect that built on the 1), 2), 3) above.

Stallman is right in saying
    1) high fidelity copying is a human right
    2) the underlying methods and concepts have to be open, so that changes can be incorporated into culture based on local needs

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019), Wade Frazier (9th December 2019)

23. Link to Post #8412
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    My jury is still out on a mystical awakening, but all of my fellow travelers that I respected had theirs. It helped break them out of materialism and the other scientistic seductions of our Epoch.
    Having watched your jury for a few years now, it is never going to return a verdict

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019)

25. Link to Post #8413
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

Actually, invention trumps copying. Without invention, there is nothing to copy. I believe that it was in Darwin’s Unfinished Symphony that I saw invention downplayed as more of a brute-force social phenomenon rather than the result of creative brilliance. As somebody who has had his fair share of being around inventive geniuses, in a family that held a bunch of patents, I have a very different take on invention and intellectual property rights. I watched people get rich and famous by stealing (AKA copying) other people’s inventions. This is a big subject, and near and dear to my heart.

In the Fifth Epoch, there won’t be patents, copyrights, and the like. But I don’t expect it to happen until the Fifth Epoch, despite Stallman’s activism.

On my jury on the choir and a mystical awakening, that jury will come in if and when the choir is built, and we can see if many could hit the notes without a mystical awakening. It likely won’t be many, but I also want to see if those without one can get there. In the Fifth Epoch, mystical abilities will be seen as normal, similar to how inventive genius will be seen.

My takeaway from Darwin’s Unfinished Symphony was a little different from yours, and I was particularly struck by that framework for explaining how language may have evolved. I think that parents’ inventing language to teach their offspring complex tasks has a lot going for it, and I would place that invention in Homo erectus, if I had to guess. The first works of what we would call craftsmanship were produced by them, and they likely invented the control of fire. Both likely needed language to be mastered. That is what I think today, and we’ll see if it changes much between now and publishing the essay update.

Best,

Wade

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), Krishna (9th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

27. Link to Post #8414
    Thanks

Hi:

In my recent studies of warfare, it became evident that preliterate societies with endemic warfare quickly gave it up when it no longer made economic sense. From the South American rainforest to the Arctic tundra, foragers and village farmers quickly gave up warfare when introduced to Fourth Epoch economies. This is one of the upshots of my work on the Fifth Epoch.

People aren’t that stupid and selfish. I have a higher opinion of humanity than those who fear free energy, believing that humanity is too stupid and irresponsible to handle free energy, antigravity, and the like. The people who have those technologies sequestered do so out of self-interest, not because of some paternal concern for humanity. They are mostly dark pathers who only see the loss of their earthly power.

With the arrival of free energy, it will quickly become evident to even the stupidest of us that it heralds a world of abundance, which has never been seen on Earth before. Warfare, poverty, and ecosystem exploitation will no longer make any sense, and will quickly disappear. Even money will become obsolete. Mining Earth won’t make any sense. NASA is about to send a mission to an asteroid that is nearly pure metal. That asteroid alone might satisfy humanity’s metal needs forever. Brian will get a great deal of posthumous vindication in the Fifth Epoch, and will be seen as one of its prophets. Dennis will be sainted.

I believe that humanity will quickly awaken to the Fifth Epoch’s potential, once it arrives. Before then, it will be ignorance, denial, fear, and the rest, which is normal for people living before new Epochs, although those other Epochs were not even imaginable.

I want to make it very clear that there will not need to be much coercion, if any, in the arrival of the Fifth Epoch. Some will need to have their toys taken away if they just can’t play nicely, which is where those peacekeeping grandmothers will come in. Young Warriors with their coercive ways will quickly find themselves without jobs, but as with those “primitive” cultures when exposed to Fourth Epoch goods, they will happily stop sacrificing their lives for the cause and looking for “bad guys.” There won’t be any need for that anymore.

And I don’t expect the masses to understand any of what I am writing in this post. It all seems like some Star Trek fantasy to them, if they are even interested, and very few are. They won’t even begin to awaken until those technologies that form the Fifth Epoch’s foundation arrive into their lives, not before, and that is normal.

I seek people who can embody Fifth Epoch behaviors and thinking, now, as a way to help it manifest. There are not many of them on Earth today, but it won’t take many of them, either.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 9th December 2019 at 14:44.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

4evrneo (12th December 2019), Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), Joseph McAree (9th December 2019), JRS (10th December 2019), Krishna (10th December 2019), Krist (10th December 2019), Melinda (11th December 2019), Reinhard (9th December 2019)

29. Link to Post #8415
    Thanks

Hi:

In my studies of prehistoric warfare, one of the best efforts that I found was Steven LeBlanc and Katherine Register’s Constant Battles. It is a multidisciplinary effort. It is really good at describing the economic trajectory of preliterate societies (find a new energy source, exploit it to the max, have a population explosion, and fight over the depleted resource as the population collapses, often to a point below the initial population), and the same pattern repeats itself ad nauseum. My big essay covers the same territory, but Constant Battles is a tour de force. Basically, no human society has ever been sustainable, and humans have not lived in harmony with nature since the control of fire. The human journey, in one way, is just the story of the long, slow destruction of Earth’s ecosystems for human benefit, and the process has accelerated. Today, humanity has its toes over the edge of the abyss.

There is a myth of the peaceful savage who lived in harmony with nature, but that is a modern invention, a wistful desire to return to a more innocent time. It never existed. Pre-agricultural people had limited numbers and means of wresting calories from the environment, and it only appeared sustainable because their damage was usually limited. But there was no attempt to conserve resources, and humanity has always bred to the limits of the land’s carrying capacity. The only possible exception is the demographic transition that attended the Industrial Revolution. Fossil fuels enabled people to not wrest their energy from living organisms, and machines did the work of people and allowed for skyrocketing standards of living, like nothing ever seen before. But those fuels are running out fast.

What the Maori did to the moa of New Zealand – complete extinction in about a century – is a good proxy for how hunter-gatherers operated when they could. The human conquest of Earth led to a brief Golden Age of the Hunter-Gatherer, and then it was back to the edge of survival, and it was violent, very violent. What struck me when reading Constant Battles was how driving species to extinction was actually a source of pride in recent history, and I am attaching a portion of the book that I just grabbed off the Internet.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	extinct.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	42000  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th December 2019 at 14:47.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th December 2019), Chris Gilbert (10th December 2019), Franny (12th December 2019), Joseph McAree (10th December 2019), Krishna (11th December 2019), Krist (10th December 2019), Melinda (12th December 2019), Reinhard (10th December 2019)

31. Link to Post #8416
    Thanks

Hi:

Almost nothing that I write about is a pure scholarly exercise. I almost always write about issues that are close to my personal experience. I don’t write about free energy and the milieu as a theorist or enthusiast, but as an activist who went through the meat grinder. I didn’t even begin to study the media until after being on the receiving end of its lies for years. I didn’t write about the medical racket until I had been on the receiving end of it and watched it in action. I didn’t write about UFOs much until I went and saw one, heard about Brian’s encounter, and after I watched Greer’s witnesses describe what my friend was shown years before. My mystical writings would be a useless exercise in punditry unless I had my mystical awakening. My history writings were largely about how the history that I was taught was a batch of lies. I discovered the worthlessness of my erstwhile profession through experience, not reading about it.

My recent posts on invention and men’s trigger-happy ways are heavily informed by my experiences. The brute force versus creative genius aspects of invention may have been epitomized by the Edison-Tesla issue. Edison’s inventions came largely from the teams working for him, as he brute forced inventing the light bulb, trying out thousands of filaments before finding what worked. Tesla’s inventions could come to him, fully realized, in his mind. Mr. Mentor invented that way, relativity and quantum mechanics came through similar moments of inspiration, and I had a more mundane version of it.

I have written it before, that my grandfather noted that when he was a child, he and his friends “shot anything that moved,” and when he took his wife’s brother (from the redneck side of my family) to the majestic scenery in British Columbia, as he took in the magnificence, my great uncle said, “I wish that I could come up here and kill something.” My father put a BB-gun in my hand at age 10, I killed a bird with it, and he showed me how it was done. That memory haunts me to this day. I have purposefully not touched a weapon since I became an adult. Putting guns in the hands of boys is to begin training them to become killers. In the Fifth Epoch, that will quickly vanish, and it can’t come too soon.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 12th December 2019 at 06:27.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

4evrneo (12th December 2019), Bill Ryan (11th December 2019), Chris Gilbert (11th December 2019), Franny (12th December 2019), Joseph McAree (11th December 2019), JRS (11th December 2019), Krishna (12th December 2019), Krist (12th December 2019), Melinda (12th December 2019), Reinhard (11th December 2019)

33. Link to Post #8417
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Postreproductive killer whale grandmothers improve the survival of their grandoffspring

Grandmothers are important in whales. They improve survival, and increase culture.

Earliest hunting scene in prehistoric art

oldest art 43900 years old in Indonesia
    Last edited by Krishna; 11th December 2019 at 19:17.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th December 2019), Franny (12th December 2019), Joseph McAree (11th December 2019), Krist (12th December 2019), Melinda (12th December 2019), Wade Frazier (12th December 2019)

35. Link to Post #8418
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

Hi Wade

Quite tired at the moment, but enjoying your posts.

Thought of this thread today as I came across this picture below.

The caption with it :

Station squabble by Sam Rowley, UK

Sam discovered the best way to photograph the mice inhabiting London’s Underground was to lie on the platform and wait. He only saw them fight over scraps of food dropped by passengers a few times, possibly because it is so abundant. This fight lasted a split second, before one grabbed a crumb and they went their separate ways.

Sam Rowley/Wildlife Photographer Of The Year”

In the subway environment context the mice look like the micro reflecting the macro. Like an echo of the daily grind that fills the subway; pounding the platforms in human form on a daily basis. Reminded me of the gist of your work. What if we were no longer squabbling over crumbs, but embracing the tools of abundance.

I think of those trains, rumbling under the skin of the earth. The buzz of electric lines, the rusted browns and spooky tunnels. The aching, heavy infrastructure. What a different world it could be with a clean energy culture. Rising up into the air, and working with light, and with lightness. In many ways.

Feels like a future worth working towards.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

4evrneo (12th December 2019), Bill Ryan (12th December 2019), Franny (12th December 2019), Joseph McAree (13th December 2019), Krishna (12th December 2019), Krist (12th December 2019), Reinhard (12th December 2019), Wade Frazier (12th December 2019)

37. Link to Post #8419
    Thanks

Thanks Krishna:

In 2009, I was in the Vancouver Aquarium, watching a newborn beluga nursing from her grandmother, which I believe was the first time that that was observed. Attached is a picture from that trip. I’ll buy the grandmother effect.

That rock art fits the migration pattern of the founder group perfectly. That is around the time that people invaded Australia.

When reading The Tale of the Axe, I was struck by the level of precision that has been attained. With the rise of dendrochronology, scientists have been able to date events and related artefacts to the year that they happened, several thousand years ago. With mass spectrometry, scientists can tell where a log came from, if a person was raised in the area or not, and other information. During the Neolithic, hand axes of unusual color could become highly prized and travel hundreds of miles from where the stone was quarried. Scientists have even been able to trace some stone implements to the very rocks that they were quarried from. Pretty amazing.

Hi Melinda:

Sorry for your weariness. I know the feeling. Yes, the Fifth Epoch is something worth aspiring to. For many years, my work has been called an exercise in darkness. When I would hear that, I knew that the reader did not understand. What I do is show how the darkness is called the light, because the members of my culture were the “winners.” Noam and Ed spent many years of their lives exposing that kind of in-group hypocrisy.

For me, when people put aside the self-serving fairy tales of their conditioning, they are on their way to waking up. As I have stated plenty, my work really can’t wake people up. They have to come to me already awakened somehow. If they are, then they are going to recognize the worth of my work and vicariously learn from it. They won’t have to learn the hard way by traveling the paths of disaster. Shortening the learning curves of the people I seek is really what my work is all about.

Yes, ending the scramble for the crumbs in our world is a major aspect of what I do. In biology, organisms have several modes of nourishment. Autotrophs get their energy from inorganic chemicals or sunlight. Heterotrophs get theirs through grazing, predation, parasitism, scavenging, symbiosis, and even altruism. As I observe human societies, I can see all of those modes play out in human interactions. In this world, it may be virtually all altruistic and symbiotic, for all heterotrophs, with perhaps scavenging of the deceased.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	baby beluga.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	42004  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 12th December 2019 at 16:05.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2019), Chris Gilbert (12th December 2019), Franny (14th December 2019), Joseph McAree (13th December 2019), Krishna (12th December 2019), Melinda (12th December 2019), Reinhard (12th December 2019)

39. Link to Post #8420
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Wade,

Why don't you put some of your writings into book form? I know you've got the website but a book is much better. Think about it.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th December 2019), Joseph McAree (13th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 536 FirstFirst 1 321 371 411 421 431 471 521 536 LastLast