Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Sorry to hear of your friend.
    Life can be so fickle.

Hugs, and lots of love

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st May 2017), eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Joseph McAree (4th May 2017), Melinda (3rd May 2017)

3. Link to Post #6902
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Aw, man. I am so sorry for your physical disconnection from one of your brothers. Fifty-freakin-one, that is just too short an incarnation. His spirit is freed energy now.

I'll bet you a columbine that you connect up with his spirit when you're hiking. But for now, grieve the loss your own way and your own time.

Sending love, bro.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd May 2017), eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Joseph McAree (4th May 2017), Melinda (3rd May 2017)

5. Link to Post #6903
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,626 times in 7,517 posts

Thanks guys:

This one is devastating, for reasons that I can’t go into in public right now. One day, I will. Thanks for the thoughts.

Love,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 2nd May 2017 at 02:20.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd May 2017), eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Joseph McAree (4th May 2017), Krishna (2nd May 2017), Limor Wolf (12th May 2017), Melinda (3rd May 2017), Servant Limestone (2nd May 2017)

7. Link to Post #6904
    Thanks

Hi:

Here is a short post on the contrasts of my vision and the usual vision that I have been seeing and hearing for a generation or more. One is positive, and one is negative. The vision that I have seen for many years is that one day, everybody is going to wake up to the failures of our systems and will jointly build something new. Mine is that something new will come onto the scene, which will be immediately used, and the old ways will simply become obsolete. Epochal change has never happened because the masses one day realized how the current methods are unworkable, unsustainable, and even evil. What instead happened was that a literal or relative handful of people invented the means of the next Epoch, the obvious advantages had everybody climb aboard, and the old methods became obsolete. Nobody would use the old ways unless they had to, and with a superior alternative, why use the old way?

When the campfire was invented, or stone tools, the previous methods became obsolete, and nobody wanted to go back. When plants were domesticated, it was a one-way ticket to civilization. Nobody voluntarily gave up domesticated plants and animals once they had them, and the hunter-gatherer lifestyle simply disappeared wherever crops and herds could be raised. Similarly, industrialization ended slavery and the subjugation of women, not some bout of conscience over the evils of slavery or how women had been reduced to mere broodmares of agrarian economies. Many civilizations have collapsed as they doggedly pursued their unsustainable methods until the bitter end. Humanity is doing the same thing today.

Similarly, capitalism is not going to be given up one day via some mass awakening, or warfare, or the many evils of our current system. Once the means of the new Epoch are delivered, the advantages will be so obvious that nobody will fail to avail themselves of them, and unlike the scarce pool of fossil fuels that made the Industrial Revolution possible, that abundant and clean energy will be available to all humans. And then, and only then, will the masses begin to realize that the current system, in which greed is elevated to a virtue, in which national pride becomes a reason to beat one’s chest, and so on, simply does not make sense anymore.

People are not going to awaken because the current system is doomed to failure, but because they will begin to use a superior system, and the old system will be discarded, like children giving up dolls and toys as they grow up. I am trying to amass that relative handful that will make the difference, and am not trying to awaken the masses with talk and writing. That has never worked and never will.
    Wade

Best,

Wade

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Inanna (12th May 2017), Joseph McAree (4th May 2017), Krishna (2nd May 2017), kudzy (3rd May 2017), littleOne (7th May 2017), Melinda (3rd May 2017), Reinhard (3rd May 2017), Servant Limestone (2nd May 2017)

9. Link to Post #6905
    Thanks

Hi:

I cannot overemphasize the importance of a comprehensive perspective for what I am doing, and it takes work, a lot of work, to get there. But, for me, it was fun work, and I think it would be for anybody who wants to understand how the world works. From how the Sun works to how stars form to how Earth works to how life began to how complex life began to how humans appeared on the evolutionary scene, it is always primarily an energy story. But developing a comprehensive perspective is not just about collecting facts and theories in a pile, but eventually understanding the similarities, the differences, and why things act like they do. You can develop your own tools of assessment and develop a much better understanding of the process of science, of scholarship, and learn about what to take seriously and what to relegate to the gossip-bin or the “conflict of interest” bin or the highly speculative bin, and so on.

I constantly see people without comprehensive perspectives advocate this and that path to change, and they are often stuck in social consciousness, thinking that some new social organization is the key to a healed planet, without understanding why the current social organization exists. You can’t do it that way. It is like thinking that agrarian peoples could have built a hay-powered rocket to the Moon. Human social organization has always been dependent on its economic foundation, and its energy surplus in particular. There are no exceptions in the human journey. The end of slavery was unthinkable before the rising standards of living of industrialization and machines replacing people made the end of slavery feasible, and brute human labor became obsolete. For every Jesus that rises above his Epoch, with a message from the godhead, millions and billions are mired in their spheres of self-interest, unwilling and unable to see the bigger picture.

I continually encounter people who deny those realities as they propose some “novel” social approach to these issues, thinking that reshuffling the deck of scarcity will lead to abundance, thinking that retail politics is of any use at all, etc. As Bucky said, good luck with that. While scarcity and fear predominate, almost nobody on Earth is able or willing to raise their eyes above their daily survival. And for those who “make it,” they are creatures of the system that garnered them their wealth and are not about to rock the boat. They don’t even want to, and they play games of fake philanthropy and the like, and their relationship to free energy is like a vulture’s, as they plan to swoop in for the kill if an effort ever gets far along, so they can become the Bill Gates of Free Energy, but even they must know at some level that it would be Game Over for all elites if free energy was ever made publicly available.

Those who look for heroes to save the day, some Messiah to follow, who want to chat up their social circles and the like, are not the people I seek. I seek needles in haystacks and know it. But it won’t take many of us. I just read something on one of the most astute voices in economics, who argued that it is always some small group that initiates change, never the “slumbering” masses. He understands. Now, if I can only recruit people like him to my effort. So far, no luck, and it will likely be up to my small and growing little band to make a dent in some way. We will see how it goes over the next 30 years or so.

Best,

Wade

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Inanna (12th May 2017), Joseph McAree (4th May 2017), Krishna (3rd May 2017), Melinda (3rd May 2017)

11. Link to Post #6906
    Thanks

Hi:

As I have written plenty, my “layers of the free energy onion” were developed from thousands of reactions to the idea of free energy, both from what I received and what fellow travelers did. There is nothing theoretical about that list. Level 1 is the most naïve layer and by far the most common, and I rarely receive that kind of reaction anymore, as I am very careful about whom I talk about Wade’s World with.

I generally hide out in corporate America and do not talk about my free energy days. I never broached the issue with my president at the trucking company or with the man who hired me at my longest held position of my career, at a software company. But my closest peers would usually eventually hear about my past.

But in my old age, with the end of my career looming, I bring up the subject more than I used to, with high-ranking colleagues, and I brought it up with five of my former CFOs. Two I did it with after I no longer worked for them, one while he was still my peer, and the most recent instance was during the CFO’s last day on the job. While rank-and-file members of American society generally react to my experiences with shock and disbelief, as my experiences destroy their cherished fantasies of the society they live in, of how the capitalist and nationalist systems really work, the reactions of those CFOs are very different.

When I describe how inventors are routinely stolen from in corporate America, or the kinds of organized suppression activities that we endured, their responses are along the lines of, “Sure, that is how it happens, and at the level you played at, it is no great surprise how you were treated.” For those who play at the high levels of the capitalist system, there is little about my adventures that surprises them, although my friend’s little show, or Brian’s adventures, are eye-opening for even them. But they never reacted with scoffing, partly because I had already proven myself a highly capable professional, which is why we had that conversation in the first place. It is similar to Greer’s statement that his UFO briefings, to the White House, Pentagon, Vatican, Capitol Hill, United Nations, and the like were never met with scoffing reactions. All recipients received the briefings with grave acknowledgment. Those CFOs reacted the same way when I told them about the real story of the JFK hit.

But, there is also something in common with all of those reactions, which is that almost invariably, those people are all Level 8s. While they don’t deny the reality of the organized suppression of free energy and the UFO/ET evidence, they never volunteered to help, either. Their general reaction was that Godzilla is real, and they didn’t want to become his next meal. So, while my tales, or Greer’s, can prove enlightening and even entertaining to such people, the last thing that they have in mind is challenging the evil structure of power on Earth. They just want to live out their lives in their well-paid niches, hope that they die before it gets too bad, and leave “doing something” about the current state of affairs to fools such as Greer, me, and my pals.

Is that better than the denial reactions that comprise more than 99% of how the masses react? At least, it is better than the vulture reactions by the world’s retail elite, as they play their fake philanthropy games. I won’t get on the case of my former CFOs, as it is more sentient than the denial/fear reactions that the masses react with, or titillating tabloid conspiracism, but it is also a long way from wanting to help, which I certainly did not expect from them, and I consider them all my friends today. Looking for needles

Best,

Wade

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (5th May 2017), littleOne (7th May 2017), Reinhard (6th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #6907
    Thanks

Hi:

This weekend I have a little time to write, and will try to clear out my stack of current events and articles. I am always a little ambivalent when writing about current events. It is easy to get sucked into the drama, the personalities, the circus, and lose sight of the bigger picture. Just like with how the best scientists strive for both big picture and detailed awareness, the best way to view current events is to attempt to also see the bigger picture and take the long view.

It is not often that I read something about World War II that provides important new information, but I recently read an article that helped gain perspective on the latest round of anti-Russian hysteria, which Uncle Ed also wrote about recently. That article discusses recent revelations of how the USA and UK knew very well about the Nazi death camps long before the war ended, and how the information was suppressed by the USA and UK. It has taken 70 years for the documents to be released to the public. From the knowledge of the death camps to helping build the Nazi war machine to hiring all of the useful Nazis, the thrust of that article reads like a summary of my war essay.

A primary purpose of my war essay was to put a dent in the heroic self-image that the USA has, especially around World War II. There is nothing to cheer too loudly about. About all that Americans can say is: “Hitler was worse!” But, it does not win friends in the USA to acknowledge that Hitler’s crime was following England’s and the USA’s example a little too faithfully. The USA’s and UK’s enemy was always Russia, ever since the Russian Revolution provided an alternative to unbridled capitalism and imperialism. The Nazis were useful Western tools in the war against the Soviet Union, weakening it greatly. That several million Jews died in the effort did not arouse much interest in the West. A far greater number of Slavs died, and hardly anybody in the West cared about that, either. We saw echoes of that in the Western dismantling of Yugoslavia and the attacks on Serbia, which is now another landlocked nation, courtesy of the West’s geopolitics.

You really have to have your head in the sand to believe anything that is presented about Russia in the Western media. It is all lies and propaganda.

On another subject, it is not often that I read something sensible on the current state of Earth’s ability to support human civilization, especially in the financial press, but here is a pretty good one. In a zero-sum Earth, the rise of humans came at the expense of all other species on Earth, other than the ones we found useful or that found a niche in what humanity wrought, such as coyotes. The author got the date of the first of the big mass extinctions wrong, so he is in over his head on some areas, but on others, not bad, not bad at all. I find it kind of bizarre that articles like that (the article that introduces it) say that the Peak Oilers were wrong, when they were entirely right. Peak Oil was reached over a decade ago. To say that they were wrong is to not understand what Peak Oil means. What Hubbert first wrote about, before I was born, was that conventional oil would run out, and he nailed the year that the USA reached Peak Oil, and was close on when global Peak Oil would be reached.

The current fracking boom is not about conventional oil, but is sucking at the dregs of Earth’s hydrocarbon deposits, the low-EROI stuff that likely can’t sustain industrial civilizations. To say that the Peak Oilers were wrong is incredibly ignorant. Humanity is using up a non-renewable resource a million times as fast as it was made, it will all be gone in this century, and people want to niggle about what year the plateau was reached? That is like arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but those inane arguments proliferate, and was in the financial blog’s introduction to that article.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 6th May 2017 at 14:42.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th May 2017), Krishna (6th May 2017), Melinda (9th May 2017)

15. Link to Post #6908
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Condolences, Wade, on the passing over of your close 'spirited' friend, Brent.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Bluegreen (7th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Melinda (9th May 2017), Wade Frazier (7th May 2017)

17. Link to Post #6909
    Thanks

Hi:

As an addendum to a recent post, if an American businessperson is the least bit worldly, what I survived is no great surprise. An obvious implication is that those billionaires who swarmed Greer or Dennis were very well aware of the organized suppression. Bill Gates and the other “philanthropists” have certainly been approached many times on the free energy issue, and you never hear a public peep on the issue from them. Why do you think that is? Quite a few reasons come to mind, but the bottom line, to me, is that they are well aware of the situation, but none of them has the courage to publicly admit the real situation, much less do anything about it, unless they can swoop in for the kill. So, when I see Bill Gates advocating nuclear energy in China as some kind of “solution,” I have to shake my head.

I admit that people such as Richard Stallman or the luminaries of the Left are simply naïve and ideologically opposed to the idea of free energy or that the global elite actually exist (and Bill Gates and David Rockefeller are/were not members of that club). Those billionaires did not become rich by challenging the system that garnered them their wealth, they are well aware of who really runs the show, and it isn’t them. The GCs see Bill Gates as a boy with his toys, and as long as he behaves himself with his inconsequential activities, he can play to his heart’s content.

This is just one of many reasons why it is delusional to go chasing after “philanthropists” and the like. Once in a great while, the wealthy do come to the table to play the game, are quickly disabused of their bright ideas, and they go scurrying back to their mansions.

The field is really wide open, as far as making a dent goes. Virtually nobody on Earth has the right stuff to even try. People don’t need money, influence, or even all that much talent or intelligence to help with what I am doing. They just need to care, be awake, and be willing to do the work. But there are not many of them on Earth, at least proportionally. That is not a judgement; those are just the numbers, but I hear no end of free newcomers denying that reality as they go chat up their social circles and advocate all of those paths to failure. They really don’t need much courage, either, but the crazy part is they almost all hide behind their “anonymity” on the Internet, thinking that that protects them somehow from Godzilla’s minions, but then they go chat up their social circles, which is where the danger is, not singing with me. I get this all the time. If they can refrain from proselytizing to their social circles, all will be well, and they will have nothing to fear from Godzilla, but they get the risks entirely backwards regarding what I am doing.

It is time for a different approach, and Brian and Dennis instantly realized that I was doing something different. We will see how it goes.

Best,

Wade

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (8th May 2017), Gracy (7th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (8th May 2017), littleOne (7th May 2017), Melinda (9th May 2017)

19. Link to Post #6910
    Thanks

Hi:

Russia and China are today convinced that the USA is planning to wage an offensive nuclear war, and I can’t blame them. The neocons that run Washington D.C. are being openly compared to Sauron, and I just read an article by the author of a book on the American Empire, in work that reads very much like mine does (and here is an article on the history of North Korea and the USA). I just ordered his book, which is unusual for me on that subject, as I already wrote the book on it. Last month, my American Empire essay was the second most popular on my site, after my big essay. It is “interesting” to see my American Empire essay wax and wane in popularity over the past 15 years, depending on whether the USA is throwing around its imperial weight or not.

While Hillary was openly McCarthy-esque in her anti-Russian ravings, Trump took a different tack, at least while he was campaigning, but he has been completely coopted by the evil-minded neocons. The saber-rattling is a reaching a deafening crescendo these days. Scary times.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 9th May 2017 at 03:08.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (8th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (8th May 2017), Melinda (9th May 2017)

21. Link to Post #6911
    Thanks

Hi:

As I have written plenty, I cannot overemphasize the learning experience that my ride with Dennis was, especially the four-year stint that ended in the spring of 1990. Without that radicalizing experience, I would not have embarked on my studies and writings since then, and even if I had, it would have been a stunted effort, hampered by my experience and naïveté. Without those real-world experiences, I would likely not have much worth saying.

While I had my real-world anthropology lessons during my ride with Dennis, and to a lesser degree, Brian, my questions regarding why our approaches, or those of our fellow travelers, never came close to working were partially answered by the findings of anthropology, particularly in my lifetime. What I found particularly fascinating were the evolutionary roots of human sociality, and digesting studies on the subject provided a great deal of illumination for why our approaches never had a chance, even leaving aside the organized suppression.

Social animals are social because sociality enhances individual survival, plain and simple, and it always hinges on the energy issue. I know of no exceptions. How social animals adapt their sociality to changing energetics is the focus of a great deal of scientific and scholarly effort, and extends to today’s industrial civilization.

Simians marginalized prosimians wherever they coexisted, as simians ruled the day, with sociality dominant, while prosimians were nocturnal loners, only coming together to procreate. Simian societies are all marked by dominance hierarchies, in a pattern that continues to today’s humanity. Studying simian sociality led to the term “Machiavellian intelligence” being used to describe the use that they put their intelligence toward, which reached its pre-human apotheosis in chimpanzees. Frans de Waal, after a career spent studying chimps, bonobos, and other simians, considers chimp social intelligence to be equivalent to human social intelligence, which is quite a statement. Humans are better at toolmaking and other “sophisticated” acts, but de Waal challenges any human to successfully navigate the chimps’ social environment. There are no random acts in chimp societies, but every social act is designed with an outcome in mind. As de Waal studied a captive chimp colony in his home nation of the Netherlands, he turned to Machiavelli’s writings to help understand what he was seeing, and he introduced the term “Machiavellian intelligence” to primatology.

This will take a few posts to cover, which will come over the coming week.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 8th May 2017 at 12:51.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (11th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (8th May 2017), Melinda (9th May 2017)

23. Link to Post #6912
    Thanks

Hi:

In the studies for my big essay, many aspects of biology were amazing, from the earliest life to how life became complex to the parade of life forms in the eon of complex life, and one of the most fascinating (and sometimes disgusting) was the incredible array of ways to reproduce, from the earliest bacteria onward. The invention of sexual reproduction was a watershed event in evolution, and its variations are also mind-boggling. Mushrooms have literally thousands of sexes, some fish change their gender, some organisms can choose to reproduce sexually or asexually, and gender roles can become very pronounced. The bottom line is that successful reproduction ensures the survival of the species, which is a biological imperative.

Mammals heavily invest in their offspring, particularly females, which often led to very different roles for males and females. Primate dimorphism is thought to be a result of sexual selection and male competition for mating privileges. The biggest, strongest, and best-fighting males would get the greatest mating privileges, as the females would choose them, and bigger, stronger males were more likely to survive predation. This dynamic persists all the way to humans.

Just this past weekend, a subject that I have wondered about for years had an article in Scientific American devoted to it, on paternity. In my previous post, I mentioned de Waal’s comment on chimp social intelligence, and I’ll have a lot to write in my essay update on chimp behavior and social organization. But for all of a chimp’s undeniable intelligence, perhaps in second place on Earth next to humans (although I doubt it), chimps do not understand that when they have sex, they are creating offspring. While mothers will always recognize their offspring, fathers don’t.

The last common ancestor of chimps and humans almost certainly resembled a chimp. The human branch dramatically changed, and one of the most fascinating and contentious subjects in all of biology is what happened and when on the march to becoming human. Chimps pass the mirror test, which is likely a sign of sentience, at least to some degree. When males of the human line understood paternity, it was likely the catalyst for dramatic changes in human sociality, and likely led to the nuclear family. Just when that happened is one of the more compelling questions in anthropology. Behaviorally modern humans surely understood, and just how far back paternity was recognized will be explored and debated longer than I will be alive.

Best,

Wade

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (11th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (9th May 2017), kudzy (9th May 2017), Melinda (13th May 2017)

25. Link to Post #6913
    Thanks

Hi:

In evolutionary studies, a common question is whether an observed common feature among disparate organisms came from descent or convergence. The same question arises with features of human societies, in many ways, from religions to languages to agriculture to civilizations. Many aspects of human societies are thought to have been shared by the Founder Group that left Africa.

What studies of chimps and other social animals have shown is that outside pressure enhances a society’s internal cohesion, and nothing enhances the internal cohesion of human societies more than warfare, as societies battle for survival. The roots of religion are in warfare. In chimp societies, males constantly vie for power, and they kill each other regularly. After the alpha male, Luit, was given his fatal wounds by his rivals, in an attack in which they tore off his testicles, he remained inseparable from his killers. Luit readily acknowledged their dominance even as he died from his wounds. Even to their deaths, chimps will still band together, as they never know when they will need to cooperate to fight off a neighboring society. The work of Frans de Waal and other primate researchers often makes people uneasy, as their work shows the deep evolutionary roots of many human traits, not all of which are noble.

Somewhere along the line from chimp to human, the human line learned to fashion complex tools, master fire, hunt large game, cook, and other skills that are the sole province of big-brained humanity. Somewhere along the line, the human line learned about paternity, which likely helped lead to the nuclear family.

In all behaviorally modern human societies from the beginning, the Golden Rule was the social ideal (it is far from a Christian invention), but it was only reserved for members of the society, AKA the in-group. Anybody outside of the society was fair game. We still see that today in human societies. Perhaps one in a hundred Americans knows or cares about the millions of children that our society has murdered in the past generation. Only masters such as Jesus stressed that all of humanity is one. That diagram of de Waal’s reflects a standard anthropological understanding today, in that all people look out for Number One, first, and when their survival needs are met, then their concern expands to their immediate family and kin, and only then might they look out for the interests of those beyond that small circle. People will eat their children if they need to.

As I studied anthropology over the years, I was so ready for its findings, as I had already learned their most pointed findings in the crucible of my adventures. When my own mother campaigned against me and my own father threatened to feed me to the wolves (and I have not seen him since), the son that they had raised to be a Golden Boy, whom they attacked when he acted at his most golden, I had long since stopped taking it very personally. I had already learned my journey’s most important lesson: personal integrity is the world’s scarcest commodity. I resisted that lesson every step of the way, until I had it beaten into my head in no uncertain terms. I see people resist and deny that lesson all the time. They have yet to learn, their egos may never let them, and they will likely never play on the high road, where those lessons can be learned in a most forceful way.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th May 2017 at 15:47.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (11th May 2017), Joseph McAree (27th May 2017), Krishna (11th May 2017)

27. Link to Post #6914
    Thanks

Hi:

The issue of consciousness is key for understanding sociality. The role of consciousness in physical reality is a central controversy in physics. In today’s materialist evolutionary studies, consciousness is given an ancillary role, as an epiphenomenon of brain activity. As I wrote some months ago, plants have nervous systems, make behavioral reactions to their environments, and their roots seem to be where the nerve impulses lead to and are “processed.” Who is to say that plants do not have consciousness, with the roots acting like brains do in animals?

Chimps have very calculating social lives, and arguably the leading chimp researcher after Jane Goodall put chimp social intelligence on par with humanity’s, but if they have no understanding of paternity, then they just have sex because they like to, driven by their biological impulses. Would you call that instinct? Where does that come from? And after food and safety, sex is the predominant concern of chimps, with males constantly vying for mating privileges. So, while chimps are highly calculating in how they vie for power, they may have no conception of why they do it, as they are driven by an irrational urge to do something that feels good, but is nature’s way of ensuring the continuance of the species. Materialists will say that there is little role for consciousness or even a plan in such dynamics, as species that played the energy and reproduction game the best survived, at least for a time, while those who played it less effectively went extinct.

I saw something very similar during my free energy days and years of study afterward. I watched people be suicidally stupid, but they would act as if they were being clever. I puzzled over that for a year or so before asking Dennis about it, and his reply was that people develop a grace in what they do, and even if they commit suicidally stupid acts, they can do it with style. In chimp and primate studies, one question is how rational chimp and human acts are, and in Primates and Philosophers, it was readily acknowledged that people are far less rational than we like to admit. People often make emotional decisions and come up with rationales later, as post hoc justifications for irrational decisions.

In my initial days of study, as I encountered Uncles Noam, Ed, and Howard, their work was so at variance with mainstream thought that I sought out opposing viewpoints, to see how their work held up. What struck me was how irrational their critics were, and those critics were often leading voices amongst the USA’s intelligentsia. Noam and company also took it relatively easy on writers who did little more than justify elite privilege and the USA’s imperial behavior, and Uncle Ed wrote that those writers were incapable of understanding how irrational their work was.

As I went public with my first site in 1996, I had my email address on my site and took on all comers until 2002. I began seeing the same things that Noam and company wrote about, in that my critics often seemed incapable of rational thought. At first, I thought that they were just being dishonest, and I definitely encountered plenty of that, but it took many years before the truth of what Ed and friends wrote about finally sank in with me: my critics were incapable of being rational. The dynamic seems to be this: when facts and logic conflict with deeply cherished beliefs, which people adopted because they help them survive, then goodbye facts and logic. People will justify eating their own children to satisfy their hunger. With humanity, emotions rule, not rationality. There can be a certain “logic” to their actions, however, and what seems to serve their immediate self-interest is “rational” in their eyes, even if it is ultimately suicidal.

As one pal replied to my query, do not confuse conscious dishonesty with honest unconsciousness. How do you tell the difference?

I also see this in science, such as that cadre of Australian scientists who doggedly try to explain the megafauna extinctions as a result of climate change, as they “coincidentally” absolve humanity. I grew tired of their “evidence” and arguments long ago, but they keep churning out the scientific papers like it comes out of a factory. Or, those scientists who sold their souls to the hydrocarbon lobby and challenge the Global Warming data.

Brian O had played the Paul Revere of Free Energy for five years when we traded notes. Brian gave me a litany of the denial and fear reactions that he received to the idea of free energy, from the world’s leading academics, scientists, and “progressives,” and he finished up with openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species.

These issues are key ones for understanding human sociality, and I think that it is most helpful to go back to the roots of sociality: it is all about survival. Sociality is adaptive and reactive, not proactive. It is similar to Bucky Fuller’s observation about politics: it is all about shuffling the deck of scarcity in favor of who does the shuffling. Retail politics is useless for Epochal change, and so is sociality. This is why mass movement efforts to manifest free energy do not have a prayer and never have. This is something that took me nearly twenty years and five different mass movement efforts to finally understand. I am not a quick learner.

Not all is lost, but the usual methods of “activism” have always been firmly trapped within their Epochs, as creatures of them. No Epochal Event ever happened through some kind of social movement. The great social changes came as a result of tapping those new energy sources, not a cause of them. Confusing cause and effect has led to a great deal of ineffectual campaigning on the free energy front. If human sociality is recognized for what it is, and realizing that it is useless for Epochal change, then an effort might have a prayer. I have a lot more to write on this subject, but it is off to work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 11th May 2017 at 15:46.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (12th May 2017), Melinda (13th May 2017)

29. Link to Post #6915
    Thanks

Hi:

Briefly, before I run off to work, sociality is an adaptive behavior designed to aid survival. The human line’s sociality goes back to at least monkeys, and many human traits are very evident in monkeys, but ape sociality, and particularly chimps and bonobos, is another order of magnitude in sophistication, and Frans de Waal stated that chimp social intelligence is equivalent to humanity’s. Chimp societies are brutal and murderous, and killing infants is common, which is typical in primates.

However, one primate species famously overcame it, and how they did it is an early sign of free energy’s transformative potential. Apes and monkeys cannot swim, and with the growing and shrinking rainforest in equatorial Africa in this ice age, one region saw gorillas leave, as they are the masters of the rainforest and cannot live outside it. The Congo River formed and isolated the chimps from those emigrated gorillas (or the gorillas died off as their habitat disappeared and they were unable to adapt), and those chimps, in their isolation for perhaps two million years, had their food supply double, with their gorilla competition gone. With that new economy, with a doubled food supply, the chimps that became bonobos radically reengineered their societies, so much so that they are a new species.

There is no record of infanticide among the bonobos, or any violent deaths. If a male even remotely appears to threaten an infant, the entire community will come down on him, and hard. Bonobos settle everything with sex, and life is one big orgy. If two societies of captive chimps are mixed, it would be a battle to the death, to establish dominance. If two societies of captive bonobos are mixed, it becomes one big orgy, and the females lead the festivities.

Something similar happened with humans. Hunter-gatherer societies are the human journey’s most violent, but where the big game was hunted to extinction and the climate conducive to it, women domesticated plants, agriculture began, and those early horticultural societies saw women’s status rise to the degree to where men left their natal societies to mate, which was a first in the human/ape line, going back at least as far as gorillas. That broke up the male gangs that had dominated human societies to that time, and those horticultural societies became preindustrial humanity’s most peaceful.

As the energy surplus of agriculture became large enough to use for political purposes, however, men rose to dominance again, and the rise of civilization led to the decline in women’s status, as they became mere broodmares of agrarian economies, and their status did not rise again until industrialization.

My point is that the changes in social organization of bonobos and horticultural and industrial societies were made possible by an increase in the available energy. Without the energy increase, the rest could not have happened. When I see New Agers and social activists argue for some new kind of thinking and social organization to emerge because we “wake up” or come up with something clever, they are ignorant of how sociality works and the history of their species. Again, I learned these lessons the hard way during my adventures, and only many years later, after deep study, could I truly understand why our efforts were doomed. I already had a very good idea why, back in the 1980s, but those many years of study made it clear in ways that my years of activism never could.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), Chris Gilbert (12th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (12th May 2017), kudzy (12th May 2017), Melinda (13th May 2017)

31. Link to Post #6916
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

I suspect part of the reason people make the subconscious assumption that their attempts to "wake up" others will bear fruit is because for most of human history, social groups were usually limited to 100-200 people within the range of Dunbar's number. Within that relative sphere of influence, one's attempts to persuade their social group could sometimes work, but even then it generally had to be grounded in the context of appealing to the ingrained conscious and unconscious needs of others.

That kind of approach doesn't work when scaled up to a global society of billions of people, especially not for efforts that require numbers and collaboration greater than Dunbar's number.

Another factor is that the needs of the soul and the needs of physical body with its imperative to survive and reproduce are not one and the same. Those of us who made a conscious effort to wake up, grow spiritually and treat the planet better are likely more centered in our soul awareness to begin with, and it's wrong to assume that the same is true of others (there's esoteric theories too about Starseeds and different soul lineages, but I won't get into those).

Though the outward focus for my therapeutic practice tends to be treating neuoropathic pain or stiff joints, the true, original essence of the lineage energy I work with is focused on helping souls reconnect to their true essence and find and fulfill their destiny. Removing pain is actually a side effect that helps part the clouds so a client's awareness can expand. In that sense I certainly believe in the far-reaching, harmonic effects of bringing Light into the world. However, people evolve at their own pace. "Fulfilling destiny" for many may simply entail becoming a nicer person to their family. It's not a given either that they will grow, they can still choose to resist. So, although doing healing work, building solar panels in your neighbor or making permaculture farms and all the other strategies people try can certainly have merit, none of these are enough to make the human race suddenly "wake up" and avert the disasters that will soon arrive in the coming decades.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (13th May 2017), Melinda (13th May 2017), Wade Frazier (13th May 2017)

33. Link to Post #6917
    Thanks

Hi Chris:

Very astute. I’ll have more to write on the subject this weekend.

To all:

My wife and I just got back from a Robin Hobb book signing, which might be the only author we would jointly see. Twenty years ago next month, I stayed up all night long reading her second Assassin book, and have eagerly awaited every book since then. The Pacific Northwest is the last bastion of the Romantic writers. It is a rainy night, and time to curl up with her latest, and what may be last, Fitz and the Fool book. Hobb is one of the few fantasy writers who transcended the genre. Reading work like hers has helped me stay grounded through my own authorial process.

Best,

Wade

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (13th May 2017), Melinda (14th May 2017)

35. Link to Post #6918
    Thanks

Hi Chris:

You are bringing up big issues, which are key for what I am doing, and I kind of came at the issue backwards, one might say. When I was 16, when I first got my energy dreams, free energy was not remotely on my radar. Even when free energy was on my radar, when I became Dennis’s partner, the epochal significance of what we were pursuing was also beyond our imagination. While we saw a radical transformation of American society, and I was thinking in environmental and global terms almost immediately, if I think about those changes that I see coming today with free energy, how many of those did I see in 1987? The end of air pollution, for sure, and an economic boon to humanity, but I doubt that many others on that list I thought much about in 1987. Most were really not on my horizon of awareness back then. I had a lot to learn. Even when I look at my visions essay from 2001 or so, and what free energy can mean, I was still falling far short of an epochal perspective. It was not until encountering Bucky that I began to really do that, and my current epochal framework really did not begin to fall into place until 2010, although my “big picture” part of our DOE proposal in 2009 showed that I was thinking pretty epochally before encountering Niele’s book.

So, while my current epochal framework was a long time in coming, even back in Seattle I could see that customers whose “skin in the game” was waiting for the world’s best heating system being put on their homes for free, or employees and business associates who could only see getting rich or keeping their jobs, were not going to be much help for what we were doing. Dennis’s “the people really care” was a naïve, idealist fantasy, and over the past 30 years, I have watched Dennis go from the people really care to “almost nobody cares, but I am still looking,” to “my allies hurt me more than my enemies did,” to “I am ready to God to call me home, after my dark journey on Earth.”

I could put a thread up on Avalon, titled something like, “What happened when I tried to interest my social circle in free energy.” I would begin it with my own experiences, and quite a few Avalonians could chime in with their own, and almost invariably, they will be stories of reactions of denial, fear, attacks, and ostracism. I always caution free energy newcomers against going out and proselytizing to their social circles, but they almost always do, and the best of them eventually come back to me with their tales of woe. At best, they might get a Level 4 reaction, of, “Let me know when you can deliver free energy to my home.” The only way that my conversations with former CFOs did not go that way was because they were worldly and I was not talking about some site or YouTube clip that I stumbled into, but my own experiences and those of my close colleagues. They were also Level 8s, too, not recruits for my choir efforts. In fact, if they had expressed some “do something” interest, I would have tried to dissuade them. I was not trying to send them into the meat grinder.

But why all of the denial, fear, etc.? That is where I was naïve and slow to learn, although not as slow as Dennis was. In one way, learning the truth about the human level of integrity is not fun, but on the other, it can be extremely liberating and instructive, not asking people to act differently from how they are, not how we might fantasize them to be. So, I learned early on that people’s horizons of awareness rarely extended past their immediate self-interest, but it was not until many years later that I really understood why, and you are on the trail of it with Dunbar’s number, of people being a little nicer to their social circles, etc. The vast majority of people are not even potty-trained, ethically. Everybody outside of their social circles is fair game, and Jesus’s “love the enemy” ideal is completely off of their radar. Almost nobody on Earth today is fit for choir duties, and that is not a judgment, but just understanding the numbers.

When people hear about free energy, even among the stupidest of humanity, it soon becomes evident that it means the end of the world as they know it, and they react in fear. That it also means a potential heaven on Earth never registers with them. They are unwilling and unable to think that far. Denial is also a fear reaction, as a way of staying unconscious, and if you are the person bringing them that “good news,” then you are going to be a problem that they have to solve, and one way is to eliminate you from their social circle. The more “benign” reactions are variations of, “I don’t want to hear it anymore,” but can range to, “I don’t want to have anything more to do with you,” to attempting to scuttle your relationship with others in your social circle. I have heard many tales of ostracism, including having careers wrecked.

Again, it took me many years to finally understand what was happening. I got both barrels of it via my own experiences, and when my parents attacked me, it no longer even hurt anymore, as I had long since learned that particular lesson. But understanding the reasons for why people were that way was a long time in coming. Yes indeed, free energy is an infinitely bigger issue than trying to influence your social circle, and when you understand the magnitude of it, and understand why people are social, then the folly of chatting up your social circles begins to become evident.

I have stated it plenty before: humanity is not going to suddenly become enlightened with if/when free energy is finally unveiled, but it will have epochal significance, and human activities such as warfare, environmental destruction, and the like will no longer make sense. I firmly believe that humanity is not stupid enough to continue with such ultimately suicidal behaviors when they no longer make economic sense (that immediate self-interest issue), but they will not begin to understand until free energy is a daily reality, which is normal. No coming epoch was comprehensible to people until it arrived, and only then did humanity create a different social organization. The great social changes never came out of nowhere, via some enlightenment event, but were adaptations to a new economic reality, and that has always been an energy issue, at its root. In ways, I am trying to do something unprecedented in the human journey: imagining the next epoch before it arrives, as a way to help it arrive. Not many are going to be able to help with that, but I only need one-in-a-million.

I have a lot more to write about this, but it is time to start my busy day.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 13th May 2017 at 17:20.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (14th May 2017), Melinda (14th May 2017)

37. Link to Post #6919
    Thanks

Hi:

I am going to give some examples of sociality in the Epochs, and how it was always economically conditioned. I call the first Epoch of the human journey the time from the first stone tools and when the human line’s brain began growing dramatically to the appearance of behaviorally modern humans. That Epoch is my invention, and arguments could be made to move its beginning to the chimp/human split, or it could be moved up to the appearance of Homo erectus, or the first evidence of man the hunter driving species to extinction a million years ago. I defined the epoch as the transition from our relatively small-brained ancestors to behaviorally modern humans. That entire timeframe is one of fierce controversy, new evidence being continually adduced, and new hypotheses, some of which are relatively radical.

In Epoch Zero, if you will, we also see how a doubling of the food supply led to a radical social reengineering that led to bonobos. Human dimorphism likely reflects dynamics that continued throughout the path to humanity, with males vying for mates and survival. That male penchant to become the alpha is deeply ingrained in humanity until this day. Until about 500 thousand years ago, there is little evidence of hunting sophistication, but that began to change with the Middle Stone Age, when stone-tipped spears began to appear, and at about 400 thousand years ago, there is evidence of professional butchering of kills, which became a practice that continued all the way to the Domestication Revolution. While there were some brief Golden Ages of the Hunter-Gatherer, as humans intruded into fresh biomes that had not seen humans before, particularly in Australia and the Americas, those hundreds of thousands of years were chiefly characterized by a struggle for existence, of getting enough food to feed the bands, especially with the pronounced ice age impacts on the climate.

There was rarely much energy surplus, and if a man tried to become the “big man” of his band, it threatened the band’s survival, as it could not afford to have any kind of hierarchy. Hunter-gatherer social organization was largely designed to keep men in their place, so that no man ever became too big for his britches. When a man brought home a kill, there was no bragging, no “this kill is mine,” and the like. His role was to humbly bring the meat to the band and let others perform the butchery. Professional butcher marks go back to 400,000 years. If a man ever tried to dominate the band, he would be coerced back into line, through shaming and threats. If he proved recalcitrant, the last resort was to banish him from the band, which virtually guaranteed a swift end to his life, or execution. If execution was the verdict, it was arranged for a close relative to perform it, so that there would not be acts of reprisal. The book Moral Origins particularly covers this territory.

During the Golden Age of the Hunter-Gatherer, when meat was plentiful, the strict enforcement of the social order relaxed, as life was relatively easy. Human territoriality, which goes back to monkeys and likely far earlier, also relaxed, as moving on to fresh hunting grounds was easily done. It was only as the easy meat disappeared that human territoriality reasserted itself, with its concomitant increase in violence, and when times really got hard, the band itself would disintegrate, as it was everybody for themselves, and in hard winters, the Inuit would even eat their own children. With humanity’s “flexible” conscience, the parents justified the cannibalism with the idea that they could have more children when times got better.

In each instance that I am citing in this post, human sociality adapted to the economic situation: easy-going when times were good, to draconian and scarcely imaginable to modern humanity when times were bad, which was always about the available food, which meant caloric energy.

I am going to run through all of the Epochs in this series of posts, and show how human sociality adapted to each one.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 14th May 2017 at 13:20.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (14th May 2017), Melinda (14th May 2017)

39. Link to Post #6920
    Thanks

Hi:

In the late Second Epoch, any man who strayed into a neighboring territory was usually killed on sight, as the assumption was that he was there to steal a woman, and any woman who did that straying delivered herself for stealing.

In the Second Epoch, communities never increased past Dunbar’s number, as the land could not support it. Homo sapiens killed off all of the world’s easy meat and drove all other human species to extinction. Only animals that lived on remote islands survived the onslaught of Second Epoch humans, such as the last mammoths, the bird sanctuary of New Zealand, the semi-continent of Madagascar, etc. When humans finally arrived at those places, they quickly killed off the easy meat.

In Australia, the fleet-footed kangaroo could not be hunted to extinction, after the surviving ones learned wariness of humans, so that culture relied on big game hunting until the British arrival more than 40,000 years later. Australia’s aboriginal societies were all patrilocal and mutually hostile, and that is likely why they never developed agriculture.

However, in a few places on Earth, perhaps as few as two, but perhaps as many as nine, when the easy meat was rendered extinct and the climate was conducive to it, plants were domesticated, almost certainly by women, as an adjunct to their gathering duties. While agriculture in China and Peru may not have been pristine, influenced by the Fertile Crescent and Mesoamerica, the civilizations that arose there were pristine. Civilizations are energy-concentrating and problem-solving devices, and agriculture led to civilization. But before civilization arose, the domestication of plants allowed for unprecedented population density (other than those short-lived mammoth villages), and great social changes came with it.

For one thing, people became sedentary for the first time (again, other than those mammoth villages), and women’s status rose so much by their invention of agriculture that many of those societies became matrilocal, which broke up the male gangs, and those became the human journey’s most peaceful preindustrial societies. That Neolithic bliss did not last too long, however. Relatively gentle horticulture gave way to more intensive agriculture, which could wrest more caloric energy from the land, and the pattern was that cleared lands could produce crops, and the forests could provide fuel and building materials. Crops and forests fueled Third Epoch societies, but they were rarely sustainable, and no civilization ever was. All early civilizations collapsed as they ran out of food and wood, often leaving behind a human-created desert.

Many changes attended the Third Epoch that domestication enabled, and I’ll survey them in the coming post or two.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 15th May 2017 at 14:04.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bruno (17th May 2017), eaglespirit (15th May 2017), Joseph McAree (28th May 2017), Krishna (15th May 2017), ThePythonicCow (16th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 535 FirstFirst 1 246 296 336 346 356 396 446 535 LastLast