Results 7,721 to 7,738 of 7738

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #7721
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,919 times in 5,021 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Thanks Krishna:

Good stuff. I agree that there are evolutionary reasons for our hierarchies, but I believe that we have far more compelling economic reasons for them. Second Epoch societies fiercely enforced egalitarianism. There was not enough energy surplus to support “big men,” so there were not any. With the rising energy surpluses of agriculture, elites appeared for the first time in the human journey, as they finally had something to appropriate. Third Epoch civilizations were steeply hierarchical. While we still have the problem of elite rule in the Fourth Epoch, the “floor” is far higher, as the average American is richer than Earth’s richest human of three centuries ago. In the Fifth Epoch, with everybody richer than Bill Gates, I expect economic hierarchies to become obsolete.

Yes, the majority of white women voters have long voted Republican, as they did in the last election, even with a female Democratic candidate. My mother’s side voted Republican, dominated by strong women. My grandmother ran the family business, and her sister told her husband how to vote. No, it was stronger than that. She had her husband apply for an absentee ballot each election, claiming that his annual hunting trip coincided with the election, and she completed his ballot and mailed it in. Soon after my father married my mother, he got a phone call from my mother’s aunt, who proceeded to instruct my father whom and what to vote for. It was a bizarre “welcome to the family” moment for my father, who was a redneck but who never voted Republican in his lifetime, to my knowledge. Again, electoral politics holds little interest for me. The ballot box is not where the real power is, but it can be interesting to see how the masses vote.

Yes, courts have never been trailblazers for justice, ever, in world history. The earliest laws only codified the mores of the time. For me, the rise in living standards of industrialization (and the demographic transition is part of that) is what happens in Fourth Epoch societies, and is the ultimate cause for the social improvements that we have seen. The various pressures that may have been brought to bear on the courts were ancillary causes. Without the printing press, Luther’s bright idea would not have been feasible (without the Internet, mine would not even be imaginable ). Mass education (which emancipated slaves could get, as well as other disenfranchised groups (peasants, women, etc.)) was part of what the Fourth Epoch was all about. I regard the abortion issue as a transitional one, as the echoes of the fading Third Epoch are still heard, especially in quasi-agrarian states and nations. It goes hand-in-hand with the grip of organized religion. Women in Third Epoch societies were supposed to be the broodmares of agrarian economies. Those ideas have not quite died off yet, taking their place in the history books with slavery and other anachronistic institutions that may have been “appropriate” for their Epoch.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th October 2018), Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (8th October 2018), latte (8th October 2018), Reinhard (14th October 2018), Servant Limestone (Yesterday)

3. Link to Post #7722
    Thanks

Hi:

At a really basic level, what is knowledge? There is an entire branch of philosophy devoted to that question, and Horgan’s book, which I am in the middle of, is dominated by epistemological issues, from Kuhn’s and Popper’s work on what science is, to string theory that cannot be subjected to empirical tests, so that string theory is more on the order of fantasy and math, and not really science as we know it. If a theory cannot be subjected to empirical testing, it is not within the realm of what is called science. I mentioned Noam’s being interviewed in Horgan’s book, and Noam made the case, as others have, that our evolutionary journey has led to biological equipment (our brain and senses) that has set limits on what we can perceive and understand, which has impacted the very process of science and what we “know” through it. Noam said that you have to some sort of “freak” to understand today’s physics. Niels Bohr made many pithy quotes about quantum theory, and my favorite may be:

“If you aren't confused by quantum mechanics, you haven't really understood it.”

With that preamble, how do we really “know” anything? Well, my definition of “knowledge” is not all that philosophical. We know things through experience. Science, history, and scholarship are ideally formalized systems of acquiring knowledge, which should be based on experience. I know that the five senses are not all of ours, as I had it rather spectacularly demonstrated to me at age 16, and I know that materialism is just another false faith, related more to religion than science. That mainstream science, particularly the “skeptics,” attacks and dismisses that kind of evidence reflects poorly on today’s science, so science has limits far greater than even Horgan writes about. And what my friend was shown turns the corpus of today’s science upside-down. My friend knows. I am close enough to him, and others in my circle have had similar experiences, so much so that I say that I know that those technologies exist. Horgan could take exception to my “knowledge,” but it is as close as you can get without being there. I also have seen free energy devices in action, although I was not able to subject them to a scientist’s rigor. As Brian O said, almost all demos have been at the “proof of concept” stage, which is a long way from having something that could power your home. What my friend saw, could, as it was 35th generation or so from a proof of concept prototype, and was developed in the black projects.

Social animals comprise a very old phenomenon, back to at least dinosaurs, and it probably goes back to before animals migrated to land. But simian sociality is obviously the most important, as far as the evolution of human sociality goes. Sociality is all about survival, and social learning is an important aspect of simian learning. But back to what Noam and others have stated: sociality has influenced our learning. Learning through the context of sociality is going to be very directed, and hence, limited. First and foremost, that “learning” is not going to threaten the social order. That is just evolution at work. The in-group’s welfare is always of paramount importance in any society. That is why the ideal of the mainstream media, for instance, has never come close to being achieved, and in practice it is often the opposite of the founding conceit that it pursues the truth. The objectivity of history is another one of those ideals that does not work well in practice.

So, if pursuing the truth is the goal, unfettered by in-group and related assumptions, exploring beyond the limitations of our evolutionary heritage, the task is a tall one, and might not even be possible. We are creatures of our journeys. A major theme of my work is that very little of what people “know” was derived through direct experience, but came from what they were taught. To a degree, such vicarious “learning” is understandable. We can’t all go to the Moon today, or study chimps in the wild, or hire space telescopes to satisfy our curiosity about a distant galaxy. So, what we “know” generally comes through the hands of others. And if the process of acquiring such “knowledge” is not trustworthy or is subject to various limitations, then the learning experience is going to fall far short of discovering the unvarnished truth, if there is such a thing.

That awakening experience that I write so much about, which is a requirement for those I seek, is about having that moment when people realize the nature of their social “learning” and how it did not teach them something that resembled the truth. That is an experience that all people have to have for themselves. There is no substitute for it. Very few people ever awaken. Very few want to. They are satisfied with their in-group status and are not about to do anything that jeopardizes it. Full bellies, a roof over their heads, and a temporary satiation of their addictions pretty much cover their motivation. In a world of scarcity and fear, losing one’s in-group status can be life-threatening. So, people can have crazed reactions to anything that challenges their in-group conceits. That is why my “peers” – white, educated, American men – can blow a gasket after reading this chapter of my site. There is not anything to rationally dispute about it, but in-group conceits are not built on rationality, or only in the most superficial way, which can easily be invalidated.

But the truth and knowledge born of unbiased experience; those are not easily attained in our world. You have to quest after it. As Noam said, if you want to learn, you have to do the work. If somebody says that they are going to open up your head and pour in knowledge, they plan to deliver the opposite: mind-controlling dogma.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 8th October 2018 at 15:03.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (8th October 2018), latte (9th October 2018), Reinhard (10th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #7723
    Thanks

Hi:

So, on the knowledge front, in our social learning system, we begin with “learning” what we are taught. I don’t need to belabor the kind of “education” that I received while young, even though I was in gifted programs for much of my schooling. I attended a grammar school named for a genocidist, who was recently sainted, and was never taught that the “Father of Our Country” (whom my home state was named after) was a mass-murdering thief, while I drank industrial waste each day. I read the newspaper paper daily, from about age 10 to 30, thinking that I was getting the “news.”

My first “learning” experience that was not what the mainstream taught me was when our family went “health nut” when I was 12, and my father “impossibly” reversed the hardening of his arteries. The booklet that saved my father’s life was subsequently banned in the USA. As I look back, that was really the beginning of my true education, which was born of experience, not what I was “taught.”

Mr. Mentor’s engine began making waves when I was 16, and I had my first glimmers of the dream that I have pursued to this day. I had my mystical and cultural awakenings the same year, which were again based on experience, not something that I was taught, although my mystical awakening happened at the end of 40 hours of training to have it. Training, to then use it in the real world, is the best kind of all.

After that voice suggested that I study business, I then spent the next few years getting capitalist indoctrination, but began questioning it upon graduation. Several years later, the same month that I was radicalized on the witness stand, I finally realized how worthless my erstwhile profession was.

But if you had asked me about free energy when that voice suggested that I move to Seattle, I would not have had any idea what you were talking about. When I met Dennis, neither of us had ever heard of free energy, and when I chased Dennis out to Boston, pursuing free energy was the furthest thing from my mind. But the day after I got to Boston, I began my journey from unawareness to knowledge. My journey was larger than life, so much so that even as I wrote the above, I marvel that it really happened, so I am sympathetic to people who are “skeptical” of my journey. All that I can say is that it happened, and if I was at liberty to tell the whole story, it would be far more spectacular than I have publicly written about so far. The skeptical ideal is getting out of one’s easy chair and finding out, not what passes for organized skepticism today.

But all people have to walk their own journeys, and for those few who seek the truth, outside of their in-group conceits, they have to really work for it, and their social circles are not going to encourage them. That is why proselytizing the free energy message to one’s social circles is almost always disastrous. If people doing that are lucky, they will not lose their relationships and even careers before they begin to wake up to the reality.

I began my awakening process when I was 12, when nobody around me wanted to hear about eating healthily, and I was teased about my diet for many years. As I look back, it was a very gentle awakening, not only about the knowledge that came from practices outside of the mainstream, but the knowledge of how the masses would react to such information.

So, what we are taught in school has little to do with knowledge, if anything. Experiential learning is far superior to anything that comes out of a book. That is where true knowledge comes from, especially of the variety that can make a dent in where humanity is heading. The ship can be righted, but only by people who know. People operating within their in-group indoctrination have not yet awoken, and is why the social approach will not work for Epochal change. When the Fifth Epoch is here, the masses will begin to awaken to it, and not before. Literacy is a good thing, but what it is used for is all-important.

For the people I seek, they have likely not yet been awakened to the idea of free energy, not in a way that comes close to knowledge, but they will have been awakened in some way. I can work with that.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th October 2018 at 14:56.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (10th October 2018), latte (14th October 2018), Paul (11th October 2018), Reinhard (10th October 2018), Valerie Villars (10th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #7724
    Thanks

Hi:

On that quest for knowledge, I briefly want to cover one of the most difficult and sanity-threatening aspects of the awakening process. In the initial stages of it, it is easy to think that you are the insane one. You have experiences outside of the box of your socialization, and if you mention them to your social circle, you will rarely get validation. Instead, you will receive “skepticism,” outright denial, and because your experiences represent a challenge to the in-group conceits, you can become a threat to be dealt with, and ostracism is common. Your own mother can campaign against you, and I am writing from experience. You are jeopardizing the in-group beliefs with your outside-the-box experiences, and the cognitive dissonance that you are going through is not fun, but you actually have experience that caused it. Your social circle does not. So, on one hand, you have a benefit that they don’t have. On the other, those in your social circle truly don’t want to hear anything that might call their in-group status into question. Everybody believes that they act with integrity, even dark-pathers, no matter how much their eyes may tell them differently.

As I have stated plenty, you can awaken in many walks of life, and I don’t recommend awakening on the high road to free energy. Only the mightiest souls can walk that path for long, and many perils await the aspirant. I recall reading one of the innumerable interviews that Noam has given, and he once said that when people begin to awaken past the barrage of propaganda that issues from the TV, they can have thoughts that they really are Big Lies that they are being fed. If they dare to have an independent thought on the matter, each wonders if he/she is the only person on Earth with those thoughts. And if you have them, you generally keep them to yourself, because your ideas seem so crazy. In that way, the system self-regulates.

One reason why conspiracism is such a fertile field is that it operates from the victim principle, making us all victims of the bad guys. That is an easy sell: some bad out-group is at the root of our problems. No need for the personal introspection that calls out our role in the events and has us take responsibility for what is happening. On one hand, staying asleep is easy. You just go with the flow. On the other hand, as Yogananda’s guru once told him, such people slumber in the fitful sleep of ignorance. I have watched people embrace certain death rather than question their conditioning. So, being asleep can be very costly. As Roads’s mentor said, their reality will reflect their conditioning, as they failed to choose love.

Coming to the understanding that the masses have chosen to sleep is not initially fun, but it can also be liberating. People will never awaken with talk, and when people truly awaken, they will realize it, and won’t proselytize the “good news” to their social circles. Once people truly awaken, they will stop trying to chat up those around them with the good news, especially with something as Epochal as free energy. People can only awaken through experience, and awakening to the Fifth Epoch will be a pleasant awakening. Awakenings don’t have to be harsh, although in today’s world of scarcity and fear they generally are. Only the caring and courageous will awaken in these times.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 12th October 2018 at 02:22.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (11th October 2018), latte (14th October 2018), Reinhard (11th October 2018), Sophocles (14th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #7725
    Thanks

Hi:

Since this past summer, I have read several books on Operation Paperclip and those Nazis that the USA hired. I have read too much about Nazis in my lifetime. The toll of study and writing of my book-length essay on World War II damaged my marriage, and I quit drinking the next year, spurred by the experience, for a silver lining to it. The Nazi connections to my life are not inconsequential. The Space Race came from the captured German scientists, the JFK assassination not only ended JFK’s plan for a joint American-Soviet mission to the Moon (as a way to help end the Cold War), but it is also why I lived in Houston, and von Braun’s influence is why Brian became an astronaut. I have written a bit about the Nazis and NASA.

There were three particularly infamous aspects of the USA’s hiring Nazis.
    • The CIA’s hiring of Gehlen and the staffing of the CIA with Nazis;
    • The hiring of Nazi doctors and scientists who were involved with human experiments;
    • The hiring of the V-2 and related scientists and technical professionals to staff NASA.

The first one is by far the most egregious. Gehlen’s intelligence files were developed by the systematic murder of several million Soviet POWs, and the people in his organization were often directly involved in the Final Solution. Some were even openly unrepentant and extolled Nazi ideology to their American handlers. They knew that their services were valuable to the USA’s Cold War efforts (which were pure aggression against the Soviet Union), so much so that even extolling Nazi ideology would not get them in trouble with the CIA. Hiring those Nazis nearly led to World War III.

It is not easy to rank evil, but murdering several million POWs I regard as worse than killing people, mostly Jewish, in the human experiments in the death camps. Bringing up the rear is the V-2 program, which “only” worked about 20,000 concentration inmates to death, while developing missiles that were primarily used for bombing civilians.

What came across very clearly in my studies is that the Germans knew from the beginning what monstrous crimes they were committing, starting with Hitler’s practice of never committing such directives in writing (which has given Holocaust Deniers lots of ammo over the years). The Germans either did not document their crimes, or used euphemisms, such as “Special Handling” (extermination), “Large Pig” (human experimental subjects), and the like. Even then, when the tide began to turn with the Nazi disaster at Stalingrad, those involved in the monstrous crimes began going into cover-up mode and hid or destroyed documents that implicated them. They had years to prepare for their postwar lives.

When the war was over and the Nazis began to get called to account, their first line of defense was that they knew nothing of the Final Solution and other crimes, and when that defense failed, their last defense was “I was only following orders.” Repentant Nazis were hard to find.

Operation Paperclip’s leader of the death camp doctors was Hubertus Strughold. He destroyed all of his records before the war ended, as did his colleagues, so they all feigned clean hands. But even then, Strughold had to sanitize the reports of his colleagues, to remove the references to human experiments, when he edited what became the American Air Force’s tome on German medical achievements during World War II. Strughold became an American space hero, with an Air Force library named after him in Texas, as he was lionized as the father of space medicine. Strughold got caught in his lies early and often, but because of his worth to the Americans, it was all swept under the carpet as they actively protected him. Even though he was on the wanted list of German war criminals, he was never prosecuted at Nuremburg and even helped save his medical experiment colleagues. Strughold then began concocting fantasies about his real role in the Third Reich, telling tales of having a price on his head because of his anti-Hitler activities, when the record clearly showed his steady promotion in the German Air Force, when he was supposedly in hiding from the Nazis. It was pretty sickening reading.

Only slightly less sickening was reading about von Braun and friends. You might imagine the thoughts running through my head as I read about those NASA Nazis, who led the technical effort for the rockets that my father tracked at NASA. Dr. von Braun was another unrepentant Nazi, who acted like a rock star from the moment he turned himself over to the Americans. He was able to hide his SS background from the American public, with the help of his American handlers, and while reading those books in recent months, he came across as kind of a monster. In published interviews, he openly boasted of the huge workforce of prisoners that he had working on his missiles, and even had souvenir photos of prisoners working on the missiles that made their way into books on the subject.

And the sidekick of both von Braun and Strughold was Heinz Haber. He was also on the war crimes list, but because of all of the covering up, in both Germany and the USA, we will likely never know just what he did in World War II. In Annie Jacobsen’s Operation Paperclip, she wrote about being contacted by Haber’s nephew, and she even attended a book club meeting at that nephew’s home, where they discussed her book. Haber’s nephew wanted to know just what his father did (who was on the war criminal list with his brother), but he’ll never really know.

Among the books I read were:
    • The Nazis Next Door by Lichtblau;
    • Secret Agenda by Hunt;
    • Operation Paperclip by Jacobsen;

I read Christopher Simpson’s books on the topic back in the 1990s, in preparation for writing my war essay, and I read other books on the topic, such as Bower’s Paperclip Conspiracy, Goliszek’s In the Name of Science, and Moreno’s Undue Risk. I am also in the middle of reading Hitler’s American Model, by Whitman, on how American race laws and genocides influenced Nazi laws and the Final Solution. I am glad that I no longer drink.

I am going to try to stop reading about the Nazis now and focus on my big essay update. I may well write an essay about all of those Nazis that the Americans embraced because they were useful. It is a grim topic that will surely take a toll if I write an essay on it. Wikipedia is a travesty on these subjects, as usual, as the whitewash of the Nazis got a whitewash. Wikipedia’s Operation Paperclip article is actually celebratory of the achievements of those Germans, without any mention of its obstructions of the prosecutions of the many war criminals that it brought over, as Uncle Ed, a Jew, has a libelous bio at Wikipedia. It is almost like the Nazis won, after all.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 13th October 2018 at 05:27.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th October 2018), Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (12th October 2018), latte (14th October 2018), Reinhard (14th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #7726
    Thanks

Hi:

I have a little writing time today. I am kind of in the eye of a hurricane, as my day job promises to be crazily busy for the next month. I have a few items on my writing intentions.

I doubt that I have written about it before, but when Ed asked me to revise his execrable Wikipedia bio, it was all the encouragement that I needed, and I never heard back from Ed again, other than his announcement of his last essay for Monthly Review, in which he looped me into part of his inner circle. My plan was always to write the longer bio, first, and then chop it down to Wikipedia length. But what I kind of hoped for was that Ed would see that I was serious, and that we could embark on a little project together to do his bio some justice. Alas, that was not to be, as he did not live to see any of my effort. Those last months, as he was dying, I stopped hearing from him, as did his inner circle. My hope was that after Ed saw my initial effort, we could have worked more on his biography, rather than just his public writings. I think that Ed would have been happy with my effort, as he was never very self-disclosing in his writings. I suspected but did not know he was Jewish until after he died. He never disclosed it in his writings that I know of, other than this plea from 20 years ago, which I did not see until this year.

I have too many irons in the fire to have wanted to write a professional biography for Ed, but what I had hoped was that if Ed let me into his inner circle, and I would have happily taken a trip to his home, that I could have begun the process of amassing the information that would become the raw material for when a professional biographer finally took on the task. Being the student of history that I am, I have a pretty good sense of how history is going to treat Noam, Ed, and the relatively few like them. Noam has been the world’s foremost intellectual for the past 50 years, even though in the USA, he has been banished to the media’s far corners. Noam will go down in history as one of humanity’s greatest thinkers. Ed happily played a support role for Noam, as I am doing for Ed’s memory, but Ed was a better writer than Noam is, and he will take his place among history’s greatest dissident thinkers, as he criticized history’s richest and most powerful nation from the inside, and took on its imperial behaviors in particular, which have no equal. It has been intervening globally for nearly 80 years now. Ed may well rank with Tacitus, as far as imperial critiques go. The fact that Ed, like Noam, has been banished to marginality today, inside the Empire, is typical treatment. But world history (if there is one) will treat Ed kindly, even if American history does not. There have not been many like him.

On my own efforts, I have been piling up books for the essay update, with several new acquisitions on subjects that I want to write more on, such as brain plasticity, cosmology, and other pertinent topics. I plan to focus solely on the essay update until I finish it, which might well not be completed until 2020. If I look back at my work, the work up to the 2002 version of my site was largely about helping people break out of their social conditioning, or how those who were awakened would recognize that quality in my work. But since early 2003, when I read Bucky’s work for the first time, my work has been consciously comprehensive and designed to help people achieve the comprehensive understandings that will assist in my project to help manifest the Fifth Epoch.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 13th October 2018 at 17:37.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Hym (Yesterday), Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (14th October 2018), latte (14th October 2018), Reinhard (14th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #7727
    Thanks

Hi:

I was planning on hiking here today, but everybody backed out. I have been hiking to that lake to see the larches for nearly 20 years now. I still might get my niece to them, next weekend, weather permitting. This morning, I read a story of how Global Warming is melting off the glaciers, and there was kind of a happy ending in Switzerland with the melting.

I recently read that virtually all of the world’s coral reefs will be dead by 2050, given current trends. Already, a third of them have died since 1980, and the rest will be gone in another 30 years. In Earth’s history, this is unprecedented. When the Devonian reefs died out, the process took millions of years, but humanity is going to do it in a century.

Americans have been infamous for their “skepticism” that Global Warming is real (or evolution), or they have attributed it to some kind of scientific conspiracy. But even they are beginning to pull their heads out of the sand.

What is particularly surreal to me is that I know that the solution to these issues already exists on the planet, but virtually the entire planet is in ignorance or denial. I’ll finish Horgan’s book soon and report on it. On one hand, I was almost envious about what access Horgan had to the world’s leading scientists, by virtue of being a writer for Scientific American, but his views were very whitebread, as can be expected for writing for such a mainstream publication. To his credit, Horgan wrote that something like free energy or the “discovery” of ETs would have Epochal significance, but he did not even seem to suspect that both are already here. They are both subjected to the same cover-up. I see it as the hazards of living in the mainstream, wearing the heavy blinkers of his indoctrination and conditioning. As Brian asked, are we a sentient species?

Best,

Wade

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (14th October 2018), latte (15th October 2018), Reinhard (15th October 2018), Valerie Villars (14th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #7728
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Been reading The Tangled Tree: A Radical New History of Life by David Quammen Too much of the book is a story of scientists life and discovery and rivalry, it gives some insight into how science progresses. The science itself is interesting, in summary all species are mosaics, and it is not a straight parent-child species continuation. For me it was interesting to note the influence of Malthus on Darwin, it was Malthus essay on population that had an influence on Darwin's thinking about the individuals that survive the competition.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krishna Pagadala For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), latte (15th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #7729
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

Yes, kind of like my review of it. Horgan’s book is pretty heavy on the infighting of scientists. The Tangled Tree was not exactly what I was expecting, but not too bad on the history of thought on the issue. Yes, Darwin was influenced by Malthus and Lyell, and Darwin’s theory is still the one to be reckoned with. Since genetics did not exist when he published On the Origin of Species; not bad at all. Genetic transfers make for an interesting wrinkle, but it still does not impact Darwin’s theory much, IMO. Even the symbiosis that led to complex life is just a more spectacular version of it. It is kind of a Lamarckian twist on it, but it is just another way to get genetic variation that is still passed down to the offspring, although much more dramatically than mutations. The tree is indeed tangled, but more so in the earlier innings of life on Earth. Darwin got it wrong on mass extinctions and their influence, which set back the science a bit.

I’ll probably finish Horgan’s book in the coming week, but reading it has inspired a coming post on my intentions. It was depressingly familiar how Horgan dismissed psychic phenomena and Star Trek “fantasies” such as faster-than-light travel, and his stating that “educated” people and scientists did not buy such nonsense. Naïve materialism is the order of the day in our late Fourth Epoch. The largely self-imposed ignorance and blindness of mainstream science can really be something to witness, and had a lot to do with Brian’s “Are we a sentient species?” question. Somewhat ironically, Horgan’s book was first published when Brian first free energy book was. Ed Mitchell had not quite “come out” when Horgan’s book was published, but people like Ed would not have been on Horgan’s interview list for that book, and while I just ordered Horgan’s Rational Mysticism, I doubt that I will read much from Ed and Brian in it, if anything. They worked beyond the pale.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 14th October 2018 at 22:15.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (15th October 2018), latte (15th October 2018), Reinhard (15th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #7730
    Thanks

Hi:

My “recreational” reading since I last updated my big essay in May 2015 has been devoted to the next update. I’ll likely update that essay as long as I am capable of it, but this next update will be significant, maybe the most significant that I will ever do, and I’ll likely call it Version 2.0. A lot of water has gone under the study bridge since then, and it would not surprise me if that update didn’t happen until May 2020, for a five-year gap between updates, but I hope that it happens faster than that. I hope that a year from now, I will have published it, and I’ll be publishing revised sections as I go along, like I did for Version 1.0.

It took a year of my “spare” time to do Ed’s bio, but I always have the big essay’s topics rolling around in my head, and I decided this year to revive the idea of publishing a book, and if I do, it will be an abridged version of my big essay. If I do, I’ll likely refer to the book and my big essay as Energy and the Human Journey from then on. “Big essay” is easier to write, however. Maybe I’ll just write EHJ instead. I recently reread my introductory chapter of the big essay, and I doubt that I can do much better than that. But when I rewrite the big essay, I can see bullet points, maybe in that chapter, and it may look something like this:

My intention for the essay is to get across these ideas:

Something like that nutshell will likely make it into Version 2.0. Those are the minimum understandings that those I seek will have to attain, and you might note that a mystical perspective is not among them, which is another reason why my jury is still out on whether it is needed. That said, the people I seek do need to understand that materialism is a religion that my experiences first falsified when I was 16, and my fellow travelers that I most respected also left materialism behind, which is the Fourth Epoch’s religion, when they also had experiences that falsified it. As long as those I seek understand that even the statement “laws of physics” is a religious conceit – there are only theories – and that there are plenty of holes in orthodox theories that allow for the possibility of free energy technologies, then that may be sufficient for what I am doing. Those in the deepest denial of free energy are often scientists and scholars, who think that they “know” so much, but their certitude only reflects the blinkered arrogance of intellectuals throughout history, thinking that they have it all figured out.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th October 2018 at 02:18.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Ilie Pandia (16th October 2018), Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (15th October 2018), Reinhard (15th October 2018)

21. Link to Post #7731
    Thanks

Hi:

I finished Horgan’s The End of Science. Its basic thesis is that the great discoveries in science have already been made: evolution, relativity, quantum theory; and that all that was left was filling in the details of that canvass in an era of diminishing returns in scientific investigation. It first came out in 1996, and the version I read had a preface from 2015, in which Horgan noted how well his thesis had fared in the subsequent generation. He noted that even if the age of great scientific discoveries is over, that using them to make the world a better place is still alive and very much well, so he gets some points for that. He should read this chapter of my big essay.

While Horgan observed that abundant and environmentally harmless energy production would be a great boon to humanity, it was made in passing, but he noted that the best candidate, fusion, was a bust. He also noted that there is still no sign of ET life, which would be a big deal, almost the biggest deal in the history of science, but he did not think that such a finding was likely. He ended his book with a chapter that began with his life’s only mystical experience, which he interpreted to mean that God was terrified of the end of his/her existence. Of all of my many paranormal experiences and those of my fellow travelers, and through my pretty vast reading of mystical literature, I regard that as near the bottom, if not at the bottom, of mystical “realizations”: that the Creator fears his/her end, and that fear permeates into human thought and affairs. I recognize the sentiment, but what an incredibly negative view, which I regard as similar to Susan Blackmore’s “mystical” musings that we really don’t exist, other than being some kind of ephemera of brain activity. Pretty shoddy stuff, IMO, by scientific dabblers in the mystical realm.

Leaving his “mystical” angle alone, here are just a few of the flies in Horgan’s ointment:
    • Microscopes have existed for nearly a century (1, 2) that defy orthodox optical theory. The findings of those microscopes challenge some foundational theories of biology.
    • Experiments with Brown’s Gas challenge key aspects of quantum theory.
    • Steven Greer’s Disclosure Project has brought hundreds of UFO/ET witnesses together, some of whom have testified under oath, of not only the reality of ET visitors, but that it is being covered up by the global power structure for reasons of earthly power. Astronauts have been involved in that project, and a close astronaut colleague nearly lost his life, courtesy of the American military, when he snooped into the UFO issue. E. Howard Hunt told the original Watergate attorney that JFK was murdered over the ET issue, as he planned to disclose it to the Soviet Union. I’ll leave aside my own encounters for now.
    • A close colleague had free energy and antigravity technologies demonstrated to him by a disenchanted faction of the global elite; those technologies turn orthodox physics upside-down, and when my astronaut colleague heard it, he was not even surprised.
    • My partner was offered a billion dollars by the CIA to cease our free energy efforts, before we had the boom lowered on us. I later learned that our treatment was not that unusual. In the years since we got clobbered, I discovered that that offer was only one of many incidents that evidenced keen interest by the global elite in my partner’s efforts. David’s Rockefeller’s calling him at home was no more than a minor curiosity, compared to the rest of it. Other fellow travelers had similar experiences (1, 2, 3).

Those kinds of revelations, and the complete lack of any engagement of them, render Horgan’s “end of science” arguments pedestrian at most and blinkered to the point of blindness at worst, and arguably even fraudulent. Horgan unabashedly embraces the mainstream, which I suppose comes with the territory of being a writer for Scientific American. I’ll never deny that orthodox scientists have done a great deal of good work over the centuries (as well as evil work), but its limits, both in epistemological terms as well as political-economic, render it essentially worthless for solving our most pressing issues. As Bucky Fuller stated, science is a slave profession, controlled by the ruling class, and it operates in a straightjacket of what it is allowed to explore. That is the box that Horgan and his colleagues cannot seem to even imagine that they live in.

It was interesting to read of Horgan’s encounters with many big names in science. The Washington Post review stated that Horgan cornered “several dozen of earth’s crankiest, most opinionated, most exasperating scientists to get their views on where science is and where it’s going.” That was an apt description. Horgan generally met them in their cluttered offices, and the sense I got was how much they all lived in their heads. Not necessarily in a bad way, but that list that I produced above was far outside of all of their realities. Mainstream science plays a small game today.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th October 2018 at 02:20.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Ilie Pandia (16th October 2018), Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (15th October 2018), Reinhard (16th October 2018), Valerie Villars (15th October 2018)

23. Link to Post #7732
    Thanks

Hi:

In Ed’s last online essay, he wrote about the McCarthyite spectacle of PropOrNot and how the Washington Post, which Bezos owns, promoted it, and Ed noted the ominous rise of Facebook and Google. Well, the PropOrNot incident was just the warmup, as Facebook erased several accounts on PropOrNot’s blacklist in recent days.

The erasure of my work at Wikipedia was gentle fascism compared to what Facebook just did, and in a leaked internal document, even Google recently admitted that it was getting into the censorship business. Great alternative media sites such as Counterpunch are being wiped out by this offensive. As with Wikipedia’s erasure of my work, and as with their banning of Krishna, Facebook just made it up as it went along, playing cop, prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner to those erased accounts, on flimsy and false pretexts. When the PropOrNot article came out, some of their blacklisted sites tried to get a class action lawsuit going, but they did not join together and do it, to my knowledge. What Facebook did is ripe for huge lawsuits, and I hope that those erased sites stand up and do something, because the next steps are going to be to wipe out their sites completely and ban them from the Internet. The steep slide to Internet fascism is here.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th October 2018 at 14:04.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (17th October 2018), Paul (16th October 2018), Reinhard (16th October 2018), Valerie Villars (16th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #7733
    Thanks

Hi:

Some odds and ends this morning. I am reading Schrödinger’s What is Life? and Mind and Matter. His What is Life? was credited by both Watson and Crick as an inspiration in their effort to find DNA’s double-helix structure. Schrödinger, like Einstein, was not too enamored with science’s ability to deal with the big questions of existence.

Here is another article on how the tech giants are attacking free speech today. Capitalism and freedom are actually on opposite ends of the spectrum, although the propaganda tells us otherwise.

As a coda to Horgan’s book, and I’ll likely read his “mystical” book that I ordered, he wrote that in his classes, he had his students read JFK’s inauguration speech, about how war, poverty, tyranny, and infectious disease would soon end. Then he asked his students if the speech was “plausible or utopian hogwash,” and his students went with hogwash. Then he showed his students how great progress had been made on all of those fronts since JFK’s idealistic speech. In the same preface, Horgan said that war might soon end, as we will recognize how war is “stupid and immoral,” and will put an end to it.

The irony of Horgan’s words was not lost on me. JFK was murdered for pursuing just the goals that he mentioned in his inauguration speech, and the people who had him murdered have been Earth’s chief warmongers since World War II. In ways, humanity has made large strides in realizing JFK’s vision (while we also stand at the edge of the abyss), but the USA has often been at the forefront of thwarting those goals. That part of the JFK story is one that I doubt that Horgan can digest, and is part of the problem with white guys, especially academics. Maybe Horgan secretly wishes that he could be more honest in his public writings, but I doubt it. What is far more likely is that he has been captured by his paradigm.

Horgan thinks that we just have to realize how stupid and immoral war is, while he lives in Earth’s most warlike nation, as it invades nation after nation, with the streets regularly filled with the blood of mass shootings, as the cops bust head after head (several of those accounts that Facebook and Twitter just wiped out were about exposing police brutality in the USA). I did not see any Chomskyan words in Horgan’s book, about the USA’s taking a good look in the mirror. According to Pinker’s propaganda, we have already achieved a largely peaceful world, while he lives in the heart of the benevolent empire. In Morris’s work, we are supposed to cheer on the American Empire while we wait for Singularity. I didn’t see any of those white academics taking the American Empire to task. As Noam has said, that is one of the problems with intellectuals, and hardly any living scientist can honestly grapple with the reality of my recent post, even Noam. Is just the world we live in today. Of course, it doesn’t need to be that way.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 17th October 2018 at 14:09.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (18th October 2018), Paul (17th October 2018)

27. Link to Post #7734
    United States Administrator Paul's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 119,333 times in 19,411 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    and the people who had him murdered have been Earth’s chief warmongers since World War II.
    I presume that by "World War II" you are referring to Julius Caesar's second Gallic campaign, the Campaign against the Suebi in 58 BC ? <grin>.

Though perhaps I should go back to Greek, Egyptian, Phoenician, Babylonian or Sumerian history ... but I don't know those as well.

... or ancient history in China, Central Asia, Africa, the Pacific or the Americas, which I know even less well ... ?

Anyway ... all a sick joke, to suggest that "they" have been at this, under one or another coat of arms, for a long, long time.
    *** Avalon Forum Guidelines - Membership Guidelines.
    *** ProjectAvalonStatus.net - Check here for forum status.
    Formerly known as "ThePythonicCow", aka "Cow", "Mooster", ...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Joseph McAree (17th October 2018), Reinhard (18th October 2018), Wade Frazier (18th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #7735
    Thanks

Hi Paul:

As Krishna says, it goes back to chimps! Predation is very old, and it still influences us. Ah yes, the Romans, those imperial latecomers.

But seriously, the GCs are playing a game as old as civilization, and so are the people steering the American ship. That essay of Noam’s that I linked to in the previous post was kind of his coming out party, as far as politics goes. This passage from it is classic Noam:

“We are hardly the first power in history to combine material interests, great technological capacity, and an utter disregard for the suffering and misery of the lower orders. The long tradition of naiveté and self-righteousness that disfigures our intellectual history, however, must serve as a warning to the third world, if such a warning is needed, as to how our protestations of sincerity and benign intent are to be interpreted.”

Noam kind of takes it easy on American imperialism, saying that everybody that could do it, did, and they never admitted that their imperial undertakings were crimes. They always self-righteously justified it. It is just might makes right. As Krishna says, “chimpism.” What made JFK a bit different is that his ancestors suffered under the imperial boot, and it made him a bit of a reluctant imperialist, and he had to go.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (18th October 2018), Paul (18th October 2018), Reinhard (18th October 2018)

31. Link to Post #7736
    Thanks

Hi:

If I write a book, it is going to be a fairly easy effort, as it will only be an abridged version of my big essay. This morning, I drafted the book’s preface, below. We’ll see what the final version looks like, but it likely won’t stray too far from what I sketched this morning, if I do end up writing that book.

Best,

Wade

This book was not written with the intent that it becomes a bestseller. I have a very specific readership in mind. In order to become popular, a book has to appeal to popular beliefs, or at least not challenge them, but my writings since the 1990s have been an exercise in iconoclasm. I don’t write like I do for the joy of it, but because the people I seek need to have already discarded their indoctrination and conditioning, or be well on the way to achieving it, to assist with my effort, which is nothing less than helping manifest the biggest event in the human journey.

If that interests you, please read on. However, my writings challenge the popular beliefs in my home nation, which include:

Other nations will have their own popular beliefs, but the above ideas are commonly accepted in the West, and most of humanity subscribes to at least some of them. If you don’t want to have those ideas that I listed above challenged, you may want to read something else. A primary reason for my iconoclasm is that I consider those ideas to be delusions, for good reason, and when people are in thrall to them, they will not be productive in assisting an effort like mine. Instead, they will unerringly head toward disaster, which in my field can mean a wrecked and prematurely ended life. I have already seen more than my fair share of carnage, don’t want to be responsible for any more, and don’t see the point of it. I am only interested in what I think will help manifest that event. Time is short to avert a global catastrophe, and I only have so many good years left to me to try out my unprecedented approach.

This book is merely an abridged version of an essay that I first published on the Internet in 2014. That essay will be freely available for at least as long as I live, and this book is only an easy-to-read introduction to my work, for people who prefer reading books. I have been asked to publish a book for many years, and I finally delivered one. The electronic version of this book, with links, is also freely available on my website.
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; Yesterday at 01:51.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th October 2018), Krishna Pagadala (19th October 2018), Servant Limestone (Yesterday)

33. Link to Post #7737
    Thanks

Hi:

This will be a post on my theme of getting from unawareness to knowledge. When I hear of people wanting to “believe” in free energy, or ETs, or harmless, cheap, and effective cancer treatments, my reaction is that belief is really not something that I encourage people to attain, but knowledge. Belief is a poor substitute for knowledge. I have little use for faith, either. And all of those terms – knowledge, belief, faith, and the like – can be argued about plenty, as far as what each means. Do I have faith that the Sun will come up tomorrow, or belief, or knowledge? Depending on the person making the assessment, any of the three might apply. Knowledge might be a bit of a stretch, since it has not happened yet. Strictly speaking, nobody can know about something that has not yet happened. Does anybody want to bet me that the Sun won’t come up several hours from now? Give me some odds. Do I call it belief that it will come up, when the Sun has come up for every day of my life? In fact, it defined every day. So, do I call it faith? If so, it is not much of a leap of faith to believe that the Sun will come up tomorrow.

There are all various schools of thought on this issue, and a branch of philosophy is devoted to the idea of knowledge, and philosophers have long argued about belief, knowledge, and faith. It can get into hoary realms of debate, and I am not too interested in that. For me, knowledge is based on experience, ideally my own. We can say that belief can be based on somebody else’s knowledge or evidence that tends to support a belief, until more experience can be obtained, to either bring it into the realm of knowledge or discard it as invalid. My friend knows that free energy and antigravity technology exists, and much more, but some might say that he might have been deceived, was making it up, and there are other ways to dismiss his testimony to me. People can accuse me of making it up, etc., like Gary has been accused of making up his John Tower story. This kind of reasoning can be used to say that almost nobody alive really knows that men have walked on the Moon. If you have not walked on the Moon yourself, you do not know. That is partly why Brian said what he did about the issue.

When I encounter “skepticism,” dismissal, disbelief, personal attacks, and the like regarding the events of my journey and those of my close fellow travelers, it is invariably of the armchair variety. It is easy to scoff, dismiss, etc., and much more difficult to get out of one’s armchair and find out for one’s self. When I told Brian about my friend’s underground technology show, he was not even surprised. In our circles, it is “common knowledge” that those technologies are on the planet today. Brian did not get one of those shows, but he had seen enough and heard enough from his colleagues that getting an exotic technology demonstration was in the category of, “Another day at the office for the GCs.” Brian’s life was shortened, courtesy of the American military, when he snooped into the UFO issue. Getting an exotic technology demonstration in our circles was no big deal.

But how can Joe Average get closer to knowledge on the issue? That is part of the conundrum, and most posts are coming on that issue.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; Yesterday at 05:09.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (Yesterday), JRS (Yesterday), Krishna Pagadala (Today), Krist (Yesterday), Servant Limestone (Yesterday), Valerie Villars (Yesterday)

35. Link to Post #7738
    Thanks

Hi:

The indispensable aspect of going from unawareness to knowledge is to awaken. I can’t overemphasize its importance, and the people whose awakenings were the most important that I have seen began their journeys as true believers, to finally be rudely disabused of their naïveté. It never happened overnight, but their experiences culminated in an awakening moment, which could be dramatic and life-threatening. Dennis’s and Ralph McGehee’s are two of the most potent that I have encountered. Dennis’s journey to his awakening moment alone is hard to believe, as it passed through Vietnam and the like. Ralph’s awakening moment was in Vietnam, and both men nearly killed themselves as they finally awoke to the Big Lies of their conditioning. Again, I don’t recommend waking up that way, but the power of an awakening like that will reverberate throughout one’s lifetime. Both men still had plenty of naiveté to shed after their awakening moments, but that awakening moment set them on their radical paths. What happened to them was similar to Kuhn’s paradigm shifts. For people to change their personal paradigms in their lifetimes is exceedingly rare. The data outside of their paradigms slowly built up, bringing cognitive dissonance with it, and it eventually led to the moment when their paradigms shifted.

My cognitive dissonance began building during my first existential crisis, ebbed during my capitalist and spiritual studies (but I made naïve attempts to reconcile them), began climbing again in my last year at the university and the early years of my career, but it was all only a prelude to my meeting Dennis. The next three years comprised my life’s greatest learning experience, and my moment of awakening was on the witness stand, while the prosecution made faces at me while I testified in Kangaroo Court. My paradigm finally made its shift, but the process took more than a decade. Ralph was 16 years into his career with the CIA when he had his awakening moment. Dennis’s was more than a decade after he was forced to leave home at age 13.

Without that awakening process, and only for people whose hearts are in the right place can such an awakening be productive, they will never be able to shed their conditioning. Roads’s mentor said it best: those awakenees chose love. So, learning the truth of our world necessitates waking up and shedding the lies that we are all fed. I found that a love of the truth set them apart. They were unwilling to settle for the comforting and self-serving fictions of their indoctrination, but wanted to know the truth. The vast majority of humanity will believe any lie, as long as believing it feeds them. So it is, in a world of scarcity and fear. That is not a pretty realization, but it is the truth, and denying that truth is how free energy and other activists get into trouble.

I have generalized the process, and as I have written plenty, that awakening can happen in all walks of life, anyplace on Earth. It does not have to be on the high road to free energy, like mine was, and I don’t recommend waking up that way. While I did not consider killing myself, I had to face the thoughts of wanting to kill others, and it was the lowest point of my journey.

Once that awakening moment has been achieved, then what? Just as Ralph and Dennis did not immediately figure it all out, and mine meant the beginning of the studies that resulted in my public work, that awakening moment does not mean instant enlightenment and an automatic influx of knowledge. What it does mean is that the awakenee is finally ready to truly learn. And that is where my work can be useful.

Brian and I had our mystical awakenings long before our radicalizations, and I would say that our mystical awakenings were kind of a prelude to our later awakenings, which we might call our political-economic awakenings. Dennis’s political-economic awakening moment (the first of many) and mystical awakening happened at the same time, in an event much larger than life. Brian’s astronaut, Ivy League, and Capitol Hill days were really before he woke up. Only in retrospect could Brian see how those early experiences prepared him for what came later, as it was with my journey. However, Ralph, Brian, and Dennis never quite put away their American flags, and Dennis still bangs his Bible, so even as awakened as they were, they still dragged around some of their baggage. The price of awakening and staying there is eternal vigilance. The siren song of our conditioning serenades us each day. As I look back at my life, the first hint of things to come was when my family went “health nut” and my father “impossibly” reversed the hardening of his arteries.

I listed those critical junctures of my journey, which were key aspects of my awakening process and pursuit of the truth. All people who awaken will have their own journeys, and as long as they come to a place of awakening, that is really what matters. I can work with that. I don’t expect any of the people that I seek to have experience in the free energy milieu, but they will have enough experience to recognize my journey. It really takes one to know one, which is why I became Dennis’s and Brian’s biographers, and why Ralph said that I had written the best summary of his journey. The people that I seek will recognize their own journeys in ours, and that is a huge first step in the journey from unawareness to knowledge in the free energy field.

Without that first step, the rest really can’t happen. Otherwise, if people encounter the free energy milieu, they have knee-jerk denial, armchair “skepticism,” a tabloid fascination with the undeniable conspiratorial aspects of the field, from inventors hiding in their secret labs to the GCs and their minions to the underground exotic technology shows that some have witnessed. They will be trapped in those early layers of awareness and never graduate onto the path of productive knowledge.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; Yesterday at 17:35.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (Yesterday), Krishna Pagadala (Today), Valerie Villars (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 387 FirstFirst 1 287 337 377 387