Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #7981
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I really need to get cracking on my big essay update. I’ll get to those posts made during my Uncle Ed quiet time soon. Last night, I was reading a book that is the first that I saw that evaluated Otterbein’s hypothesis on agriculture and warfare, and the authors found it powerfully explanatory. The basic bottom line is this: Men + Scarcity = War, just like Bucky said. Matrilocal societies broke up the male gangs, and are the most peaceful preindustrial societies. It is more relative than absolute scarcity that brings on war. The USA is built on warfare, like Rome was, like all empires have been. The world is quickly running out of oil, which is the black gold of industrial economies, and that explains everything about what the USA has been doing in Oil Country, from Libya to Afghanistan, and what it is currently doing to Venezuela.

Time to begin my long day.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (21st February 2019), Gracy (20th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019), Servant Limestone (4th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (20th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #7982
    Thanks

Hi:

Real briefly, before I rush off to another long day in the office, people have been badgering me for 20 years to write a book, and they may get their wish in a few years. Another suggestion has been to build some kind of virtual school in cyberspace. Well, that is what my site is. But suggestions have been to make something more elaborate and formal. I am going to resist those kinds of suggestions for now.

I just thought back to my Camelot interview with Brian, and what he had to say about what it took to understand. It is a very close cousin to those choir qualities that I have written about at length. It is really not about book-learning. The book learning has its place, but I rank it far lower than other qualities, such as caring and awakening. Without those qualities, the rest won’t matter. And people have to have some experience on the fringes to begin to understand. I don’t mean the tinfoil hat stuff, but being part of disruptive technology efforts (high-risk, and on the free energy front, it can lead to a shortened life), having a mystical awakening, watching UFOs fly over, pursuing alternative health treatments, swimming with free dolphins, and so on. Knowledge comes from experience, not books. Books are information, at best, not knowledge. That said, for those whose minds have already been awakened by experience, then they are ready for my “class.” Nobody is going to awaken by reading work like mine. They have to come to me already awakened, or well on their way to it. That is why when people proselytize to their social circles, even the “hip” ones, and maybe especially the “hip” ones, it nearly always turns into a disaster, as the proselytizer is ostracized.

I am doing something very different, which almost nobody understands today, and that is fine. The masses will only begin to awaken to a message like mine when free energy is delivered into their lives, not before. It has been like that for all Epochal change, and richly applies to this one, which will be the greatest of all.

Best,

Wade

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2019), Dennis Leahy (21st February 2019), Helloworld (26th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), JRS (24th February 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Krist (21st February 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #7983
    Thanks

Hi:

Briefly, I’ll likely not be watching the Ken Burns documentary on the Vietnam War. It repeated the imperial-conscience-soothing “mistake” framework of the American invasion and genocide. Nick Turse wrote Kill Anything that Moves, and he wrote an article on Burns’s stylish whitewash. I have Burns’s documentary on World War II, and we’ll see how much I watch of it. In it, Burns whitewashed the American motivation for dropping atom bombs on Japan. Burns is an imperial enabler, the kind that can count on lucrative media careers, while Ed and Noam’s work languishes on the margins. Typical imperial dynamics. When asked about Burns’s latest, Noam did not have the heart to wade into that mire again.

Best,

Wade

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019), Servant Limestone (4th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #7984
    Thanks

Hi:

I finally have a little time this weekend. I won’t have much after this weekend, for the next month, but this weekend, I will finish responding to posts made when I was in my Uncle Ed hibernation. I think that it will be mostly in response to Krishna, but we’ll see. The posts began with this one by Krishna. I addressed it some earlier, but will reiterate it: India is not an industrialized nation. Neither, really, is China. China is industrializing, but it still has several hundred million peasants in it. India is well behind China. You need fossil fuels to industrialize, and China and India have a lot of coal, so they are burning it with abandon these days. China burns five times as much coal as India, and 2.5 times as much as the USA. A third of San Francisco’s air pollution comes from China. Each Epoch was defined by its energy consumption levels.

Energy consumption per capita is going to be the best measure of standard of living. There are some small outliers on the high-energy-consumption nations, such as those sitting on a lot of oil that is getting extracted, and some cold ones such as Iceland, Norway, and Canada, but the champion of energy consumption is the USA, at per-capita consumption of about 100 times a person’s dietary calories. China has roared ahead of the USA in total consumption in the past generation, but its consumption per capita is about a third of the USA’s, which puts it at Early Industrial on the Cook scale. India’s per capita energy consumption is about a third of China’s, which puts it at Advanced Agricultural.

Just ten years ago, China had more peasants than urban dwellers, and now, nearly 60% of China’s population lives in cities. China’s rural population now less than 600 million. China has nearly 300 million migrant workers. Two-thirds of India today is still rural, for nearly 900 million. 300 million of them don’t have access to electricity, for humanity’s largest national population without access to electricity. The numbers are mind-boggling.

Bucky Fuller wrote that if and when nations such as China and India industrialized, they would get a huge boost by bypassing the development curve of industrialization’s pristine instance, which we can call the rise of the West, led by England, which used its pristine instance of industrialization to gain global hegemony, to only be surpassed by its offspring, the USA. They would not have to use coal-fired trains and steamboats, or biplanes, in their early industrialization, but would leap up on the technological scale, taking advantage of the latest that the industrial nations had to offer. So, we see surreal contrasts today in the industrializing nations. They will never have landline phone systems, like the USA had, as they leapt straight into cellular networks, which are far cheaper to install. You can see scenes like these in Africa (1, 2), Asia, Latin America, etc. The Industrial Revolution’s demographic transition is being rapidly reproduced in the world’s poor nations today. Global birth rates have declined by half in my lifetime. Nothing remotely like it has ever happened in the human journey.

There is a lot more to write this weekend.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd February 2019 at 19:03.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), JRS (24th February 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #7985
    Thanks

Hi:

One aspect of my big essay is already there, but I am going to reemphasize it and add to it, in that in the history of life on Earth and the human journey, the time frames of investigation get increasingly short. That is going to distort what really happened. It is unavoidable to an extent, as the older the evidence, the less there is of it, and the less we can really slice it up and study it. Take the Archaean Eon, which lasted for 1.5 billion years. Scientists know that land existed then, and that the atmosphere was likely oxygen-free, and that early life made key evolutionary progress then, and may have first appeared in the Archaean, but there is evidence and arguments that may push it back into the Hadean. But the evidence is very thin for those early years, and little can be said with a great deal of confidence, over a 1.5 billion year period. The next Eon was the Proterozoic, which lasted for two billion years, and far more is known today about that Eon, but look at the Wikipedia article on nearly half of Earth’s history. Even Uncle Ed’s libelous bio is longer than that. But the Proterozoic has been sliced finer by scientists, and the concept of a geological Period was introduced to the Proterozoic, to slice the Eras finer. The Hadean has not has officially been sliced into any Eras. The Proterozoic’s Tonian Period lasted nearly 300 million years, and is part of what scientists call the Boring Billion years.

After the Proterozoic is the Eon of complex life, which fossil hunters have had a field day investigating. Now, the Eons get sliced even finer, into Epochs, and further still, into Ages. The Cambrian Period lasted for about 50 million years, and had four Epochs and ten Ages. That works out to roughly five million years per Age and twelve million years per Epoch. Since the demise of the dinosaurs, we live in an Era that is 66 million years old so far. The first Era in the Eon of complex life lasted 240 million years, and the Era of the dinosaurs lasted 190 million years.

The 64 million years from the beginning of our Era to the beginning of our ice age has 17 Ages, or about four million years per Age. The Pleistocene Epoch lasted 2.5 million years, which is about 20% of the length of the Cambrian’s Epochs, and our current Epoch, the Holocene, is less than 12,000 years old, and has been sliced into three Ages, for three thousand years per Age. So, a Holocene Age is less than a thousandth of the length of a Cambrian Age. And now, a new Epoch is being proposed, the Anthropocene, which essentially coincides with the Industrial Revolution, when the human impact on Earth began becoming profound.

So, how much of that time-compression is that recent times provide better evidence, and how much of that is the human ego? I think that it is a bit of both. To paraphrase Madeleine Albright, we are the indispensable species.

When your aperture is less than one-thousandth the size of another’s, you can confidently say a lot less than you could with the smaller focus. In his Origin of Species, Darwin lamented the imperfection of the fossil record, and he was right. Over 99.9% of all species that ever lived are extinct today, and far less than 1% of those species have left any fossils that have been discovered so far. So, in deep time, broad generalities are the best that scientists can hope for, but for more recent times, they can get into the details of what happened and when with more confidence.

Lately, I have been reading up on the transition from hunter-gatherers to farmers, and on early warfare. Research and digs take place at a breakneck pace, but many areas of Earth are off-limits to researchers, such as war-torn Syria, courtesy of the USA. I’ll write plenty more about it in my essay update, and at this time, I think that it will have its own chapter. It will likely be a chapter on the Third Epoch until the rise of civilization, and a chapter after that, to the rise of Europe. The Industrial Revolution is already split into three chapters, but I am going to make it a little more paradigmatic. The postwar years saw the rise of the Industrial-Technological society, of which the USA is history’s only example so far. Other industrialized nations don’t play at the USA’ s level. The USA is where atomic weapons, semiconductors, the Internet, and the like were invented.

As I recently wrote, academics cannot even agree on what caused the demographic transition, which happened in the past two centuries, and what caused the transition to farming is similarly controversial, but it happened long before writing was invented, so scientists go at it, with their hypotheses based on the gathered evidence.

I am going to bring my comprehensive perspective to those issues in coming posts, as well as what makes it into my big essay update. Ian Morris had it right in that a broader perspective of trends makes the questions easier to answer, as academics tend to get myopic on those issues.

Best,

Wade

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), Franny (28th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Mike (24th February 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019), Servant Limestone (4th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #7986
    Thanks

Hi:

I have often written that I read Scientific American. I do it to keep up on trends in mainstream science, as my work covers most fields of it. I have also written plenty on how corrupt it is getting, or, might we say, how much more corrupt it is getting.

As Bucky said, scientists are highly naïve as a group, and an article in this month’s issue of Scientific American is a good example of it. It was an article on why people believe in conspiracy theories. I am no conspiracist, which would mean that the conspiratorial orientation is my predominant mode of interpretation. Conspiracists do tend to erect elaborate hypotheses on thin evidence, and they tend to have paranoid worldviews. Structuralists often have a heavy bias going the other way, denying that conspiracies even exist. I have written on this topic plenty.

That article allowed that some conspiracy theories are true, and the author’s example was Russian “meddling” in the 2016 American election, citing “guilty pleas, evidence-based indictments and U.S. Intelligence agency conclusions.” The Russian “meddling” conspiracy continues to be the wildest and most unsubstantiated mainstream conspiracy theory of recent years, which Noam said was a joke in the first place, as the USA is by far the world’s leader in “meddling” in elections. And the “Russian meddling” conspiracy theory is all part of whipping up anti-Russian hysteria in the USA, which Ed wrote plenty about, right up to his life’s end. That author might as well have cited the Cold War’s international communist conspiracy. It has about the same level of credibility. Of course, that so-called conspiracy has the charm of being carried out by foreign interests, when the most important conspiracies, for Americans, at least, are those hatched in the USA. And, of course, in that article, the crazed conspiracists who “believe vaccination conspiracy theories” irresponsibly “put entire communities at risk.” Name one disease today that not getting vaccinated for puts communities at risk. I have not had a vaccination since childhood. Gee, what I am putting my community at risk of, with my unvaccinated ways? Smallpox? Diphtheria?

Reading Scientific American can be like reading Time, in that you get plenty of propaganda and brainwashing with the “news.” This problem exists across all Western media. Just as Noam and others said that Ed’s Propaganda Model could be applied far beyond the media, this kind of brainwashing extends into all areas of information systems in the West, and that author is likely just naïve, not a willing conspiratorial accomplice. It is just how our system works.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 24th February 2019 at 21:38.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), Franny (28th February 2019), Jake (24th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (25th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7987
    Thanks

Hi:

If you had told me, or Dennis, or Brian, or Mark, or Ralph McGehee, where our journeys would take us, none of would have believed you, and all of us would have asked that somebody else be chosen for the “honor.” We were just Boy Scouts who wanted to do the right thing. We didn’t end up on the fringes because we wanted to. We were not into “strange stuff” for the titillation of it. Among our discoveries was the incredible corruption of our system. We sought the truth, we sought to make the world a better place, and we all paid dearly for those desires.

But on the fringes, we met all kinds, and really, very few who were aligned with our efforts. We got lots of gawking spectators, assailants, parasites, and the like, but few allies. There are many pretenders, and few contenders. If Dennis, Brian, Mark, Ralph, and I had simply played the game, we would have all been handsomely rewarded, as cogs in the evil machine, but our consciences would not allow that. We have to look at ourselves while shaving. Noam and Ed were able to do their important work while being prominent professors. They were fortunate. The professional fate of Ward Churchill is more common.

But, we kept at it as long as we could, and I am far from done. The destination that I have in mind is nothing to sneeze at, but I know that it is also about the journey. All that we take with us is our awareness. In the end, it is we did with our lives that matters.

Best,

Wade

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (26th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #7988
    Thanks

Hi:

As an addendum to the previous post, none of my fellow travelers began our journeys thinking about free energy, either. When I met Dennis, neither one of us had even heard of free energy or Nikola Tesla. When Brian was advising presidential candidates and crafting the energy program that Jimmy Carter “borrowed,” he had no awareness of free energy. We all stumbled into it. And while we all knew that free energy would be something big, to put it mildly, none of us really realized its Epochal significance, either.

It was only as I studied for writing my big essay that the Epochal significance of free energy finally became clear to me. A major purpose of my big essay is to not only show free energy’s significance, but the role that energy has always played in the universe, the journey of life on Earth, and the human journey. My goal has been to ground people in that reality as much as I can, so that they don’t go flying off in all sorts of crazy directions, and I have seen them all. People hack at branches if they hack at all, and I watch people go off the deep end all the time by merely brushing up against these issues. You have to have your feet very firmly on the ground to navigate this terrain, and very few are suited for it.

In recent days, as I have switched gears from my Uncle Ed project, I have been thinking of the changes that I will make for my big essay revision, and I think that I am going to make an early chapter which will briefly present key ideas in the big essay. I already have a timeline on the big energy events, but this will be more conceptual. It will go something like this…

It will present:

And I am sure that others will come to mind as I work on the essay update. The idea is to get people familiar with key concepts at the beginning, so that they begin thinking in comprehensive terms at the beginning.

With that, I’ll segue to my upcoming posts on the demographic transition. IMO, Wikipedia gets it right at the beginning, when it states that the demographic transition is an outcome of transitioning from agrarian to industrial economies. It was a mere side-effect, like the end of slavery was. Without industrialization, the demographic transition would not have happened, and the Industrial Revolution was completely dependent on increased energy capture, and the most important energy source, by far, was coal. Without England’s tapping the energy of coal, the Industrial Revolution would not have happened. Oil came later. England would have hit its Malthusian ceiling and collapsed, as so many agrarian societies had done over the Agrarian Epoch.

But, England and Western Europe had been riding an energy wave for many centuries leading up to the Industrial Revolution, beginning with watermills, and turning the world’s ocean into a low-energy transportation lane allowed Europe to increase its effective hinterland and conquer humanity. Those were critical energy events. For producing power, wind and water were competitive with coal until about 1850. Using coal to smelt metal, particularly iron, was more important than producing power in the early days of the Industrial Revolution. There was simply no substitute for it. England had long since been deforested, and there was no way that wood-based smelting could produce industrial levels of metals.

Time to begin what will be a crazily busy day at the office.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th February 2019 at 15:31.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (28th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (27th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #7989
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,851 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    It will present:
    • The basic concepts of relativity and quantum physics;
    I doubt you'll want to go down this rabbit hole, both because you don't have a spare decade in your remaining productive life that you don't know what else to do with, and also because I'm probably full of bovine flatulence (methane), however in my considered but amateur view (as a voyeur of the work of others, not a hands on researcher or experimenter myself), relativity and quantum mechanics are an unfortunate, deeply flawed side road in the history of physics ... a derailment of public physics for the last century, that has been deliberately foisted on us as cover for ongoing, well hidden, work.

(Public) physics hasn't lost the plot; the plot has been stolen from publicly visible physicists and from (as members of the public) us.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th February 2019 at 21:37.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Franny (28th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), justntime2learn (27th February 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), TargeT (27th February 2019), Wade Frazier (28th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #7990
    Thanks

Hi Paul:

Oh yes, quite a rabbit hole awaits, but I am going to keep it to the basics:
    • Time is relative.
    • Space is relative.
    • Einstein helped author quantum physics, but hated the directions that Bohr and Heisenberg took it in.
    • Quantum theory is a sharp break from classical physics, as only certain energy levels are allowed in atoms. The idea of quantization applies to many areas of physics, but the biggest break with classical physics is the introduction of randomness. It had deep philosophical implications that Einstein wrestled with for the rest of his life. Big story, but I’ll only cover the highlights.

Yes, physics took new directions around World War II, and yes, it is mostly under wraps. Electrogravity powered by ZPF energy blows orthodox physics out of the water, and I suspect pretty strongly that in the black projects world, they have something like a unified field theory, but we don’t get any while we collectively sleep.

I’ll discuss that concepts such as dark energy and dark matter, which have never been observed, but allegedly comprise 95% of our universe, are orthodox constructs. There is plenty of room for something like ZPE, and orthodox physicists of note advocated it. Anybody who says that free energy is “impossible” has no idea what they are talking about, but that is a common refrain of denial.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 2nd March 2019 at 03:24.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (28th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), kudzy (28th February 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (28th February 2019), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #7991
    Thanks

Hi:

Nearly a decade ago, I stood behind the world’s richest man in the popcorn line at the theater, and the next week, he began speaking about the energy issue, as some kind of “visionary.” Brian O wanted me to try to arrange for us to meet with Gates, but I was not interested. Over 30 years ago, I had the opportunity to work for Gates, but that voice had other plans for me. Gates is typical of the billionaire “philanthropists” and “visionaries.” The biggest energy take-down in world history happened in his home town, but you won’t find Gates or anybody else talking about it, unless it is to libel Dennis (1, 2, 3).

Brian O tried to get Richard Branson’s attention near his life’s end, but was totally shut out. Any mystery why was removed with Branson’s recent “Live Aid” for Venezuela. He is either an idiot or a willing imperial tool. Branson is in good company, as Amnesty International has devolved into a parody of a human rights organization.

Yesterday, I read an interview with Seattle’s new world’s richest man, and he played visionary about colonizing space, even citing Gerard O’Neill, Brian’s pal. Brian was very active in the effort. Like with the recent publicity about colonizing Mars, I doubt that Brian’s name will even come up. The true pioneers languish in obscurity, who pursued the very solutions that our “visionary” and “philanthropist” billionaires wax eloquently about, whose lives were wrecked and shortened. Another surreal day of the media and billionaire “visionaries” and “philanthropists.”

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 28th February 2019 at 14:06.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th February 2019), Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (28th February 2019), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #7992
    Thanks

Hi:

To that coming chapter in the essay update on key concepts, I’ll add these:
    • Push/pull dynamics;
    • Innovation usually happens at the fringes;
    • Those innovations usually languish in obscurity, unrecognized, and then will suddenly blossom and dominate.

Those dynamics are seen way back in the journey of life on Earth. Take the migration of fish to land, for instance. That happened several times before it was successful, and it was likely undertaken by the losers of aquatic life, pushed to the shores. Lobe-finned fish were the big aquatic losers to ray-finned fish. The migration to land was more about survival than seeking out new opportunities. The migrants to land were likely pushed there, not pulled. The innovations for land life were numerous, and happened with fringe fish.

Take England’s industrialization. The Game and Enclosure laws pushed the peasants off the land, and the British Agricultural Revolution made them less necessary. Those dispossessed peasants formed the Industrial Revolution’s workforce, and as it got going the peasants were not just pushed into the cities, but they were attracted to them, with the increased wages of industrialization. So, they were pushed and pulled. The Founder Group left Africa likely due to necessity, not opportunity – a push, not a pull.

The biological innovations that led to archosaurian dominance happened many millions of years before they took over all biomes of significance. It was not until the greatest extinction ever cleared the ancestors of mammals from the stage that archosaurs began their rise to dominance. They were marginal fringe creatures for many millions of years.

Northwest Europe had long been a backwards hinterland of Old World civilizations, but that is where the innovations happened that saw them conquer humanity and lead the way into a new Epoch. The rise of Mediterranean civilizations to England’s rise to its Industrial Revolution were all late-Epoch developments, happening after several thousand years of plant and animal domestication. While we live in it, it may seem to take a leisurely pace, but more change has arguably happened in the past three centuries than in the rest of the human journey put together.

In my studies of the Domestication Revolution, I learned that they all began in “fringe” areas where the easy meat had been hunted to extinction, and likely out of desperation rather than opportunity, people began to domesticate plants, and to a lesser extent, animals. When plants were domesticated, horticulture, and later, agriculture, did not suddenly take over Earth. There was quite a bit of resistance from hunter-gatherers. The spread of agriculture to Europe during the Neolithic Expansion was a combination of invasion and adoption. There is evidence that hunter-gatherers resisted adopting agriculture, sometimes for centuries, and then they en masse went to agriculture in a couple of generations.

For virtually all of those key energy innovations in the history of Earth, they all began as some kind of accident or curiosity. Their energetic advantages, however, meant that they would eventually prevail against energetically deficient practices. It rarely happened with any kind of conscious intent, but the increased “carrying capacity” of the energy innovation would see it eventually prevail.

The Industrial Revolution was more than a century old before anybody suspected that it was a revolution. To this day, academics argue over whether the Scientific Revolution was a revolution at all. I see that as just the navel-contemplation and word games that academics engage in. The Industrial and Scientific Revolutions mark the most dramatic change in the human journey. The seeds were planted in Ancient Greece, with their invention of the watermill (and even a heat engine), a proto-scientific approach, and even a new political form called democracy. But those trends did not reach their flowering for nearly two millennia. Side-effects of those events were the rise the nation-state and the demographic transition.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 1st March 2019 at 15:54.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (1st March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Melinda (2nd March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2019)

25. Link to Post #7993
    Thanks

Hi:

March is going to be a crazily busy month for me, and the entire year promises to be a doozy. Before I begin my busy weekend, a few odds and ends…

When I update my big essay, it will be about five years since the previous update. The update will definitely be version 2.0, and I wonder if I’ll ever do a revision as substantial as what is coming. The essay’s basic thrust will not change, but I will broaden and deepen several areas.

I will also update several of my essays, to reflect five years of water going under the bridge. Becoming Uncle Ed’s biographer means that my media chapter of the lies I was raised with essay will see some revision. I visited James Gilliland back in 2015, and that essay will get an overhaul. I’ll write a brief essay on how DNA testing killed a family myth. I plan to revise my cover-up essay a little, and there will be some other small tweaks.

I’ll likely write another essay on my adventures with Wikipedia. I’ll likely still link to Wikipedia, but with a much larger caveat, and I likely won’t link to it much as the human journey gets into the modern age, as there is way too much ax-grinding and disinformation on current and recent events. Wikipedia is pretty good for summarizing ideas and evidence for the journey of life on Earth. I don’t know of a better resource for that. But for events that challenge the egocentric conceits of white people, particularly Americans, Wikipedia is often worse than worthless, and my experience with Uncle Ed’s Wikipedia biography was no great surprise.

Time to get cracking on my busy weekend, but I plan to make a post on my recent comment on “philanthropists” such as Richard Branson. They can’t really be that stupid, IMO, so something else is happening, and I am going to write a post or so on it. Maybe today, or maybe tomorrow. The conclusion is going to be why such “philanthropists” and “humanitarians” are completely worthless for an effort like mine, and are worthless in general. It really goes back to my journey’s primary lesson; they simply do not have enough integrity to really make a dent. How consciously dishonest they are is a subject for discussion, but I think that it is more along Uncle Ed’s structural model. Very few people are able or willing to see beyond their immediate self-interest, even when they play the “charity” game. People who raked it in playing the capitalist game have an inherent ruthlessness, and they never really shake it, even if they try to. They never had the right stuff in the first place, and their journeys damaged them further, even after they “made it.”

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 2nd March 2019 at 18:41.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #7994
    Thanks

Hi:

This post will be about “philanthropists” and their worthlessness, particularly regarding Epochal change. It goes back to the choir qualities that are needed, in that idealists have to have woken up to be useful for what I am doing. Unless people had a voice in their heads telling them to do it, or other preposterous journeys, idealists don’t go into the business world. The business world is an ugly place, and all of the big industries and professions are, to one degree or another, rackets. Even the so-called idealistic efforts in the world are largely phony. Idealists generally wake up the hard way, such as Ralph McGehee in Saigon, or when I was on the witness stand.

You would not want to have Bill Gates over for dinner. Oh, the stories I could tell. High tech is relatively new, so you will find more idealists there than in other industries, but all profit-making companies will lose their way, if they ever had any idealistic leanings. “Don’t be evil” loses out to “Make a buck.” Publicly held corporations are required by law to maximize their profits. Even if there were any idealistic motivations at the beginning, it is slowly beaten out of them. It is like starry-eyed doctors or lawyers, as they begin their professional school training. They are among the most lucrative professions on Earth, which is primarily why people go into them. I have seen idealists go into those professions, to emerge bitterly cynical years later.

Members of Dennis’s organization once had a lunch with a Rockefeller heir, and the heir said that he did not know of a rich American family, at the dynastic wealth level, who made their fortune honesty. Their rise to riches was largely a criminal enterprise. That is how capitalism really works. The USA is the heart of capitalism, and the way that the Americans built their empire actually inspired Hitler, and everything that the USA does internationally is with bloody empire in mind.

Other than American presidents, the greatest mass murderer still active today is arguably Paul Kagame. Here is a picture of Gates hanging out with Kagame, and Tony Blair, who played Mussolini to Bush’s Hitler in the invasion of Iraq, which stands today as the greatest crime of the 21st century so far. That gathering was hosted by Michael Milken, of all people. That is the kind of “philanthropist” that Gates is. Gates has openly praised Kagame.

Elliott Abrams is an imperial hit man, and it was no great surprise to see him appointed as the Venezuelan envoy, and he immediately orchestrated the transparently phony “humanitarian” aid to Venezuela. Awake Americans have seen that movie too many times already. And right in the midst of that evil charade, Branson held a “Live Aid” for Venezuela concert. He is either a complete idiot or a willing imperial tool.

A decade ago, when Gates began discussing the energy issue, I knew where his “visionary” path was heading, and he openly promotes “safe” nuclear fission today, which he is “coincidentally” invested in. I’ll guarantee you that many naïve free energy activists have banged on Gates’s door. Heck, there is even a company named after Tesla today. You really have to have your head in the sand to have not at least heard of free energy. In all the times that Dennis has been smeared in the national media, I never once heard from one of those “journalists,” investigating the story, and they all used the lying Mr. Skeptic as a chief source on Dennis.

The truth is not going to fall in anybody’s lap. It has to be sought in our world, as Big Lies issue from all directions. As Orwell said, telling the truth is a revolutionary act today.

So, are “philanthropists” such as Gates and Branson really that naïve and ignorant? Bezos is waxing “visionary” these days, but Amazon’s ruthlessness is legendary, and his little paper recently promoted a McCarthyite effort.

When Greer hung out with the Rockefellers, he noted that they had “handlers” who ensured that any Rockefeller efforts stayed within the paradigm. I doubt that they need to work that hard at it.

What I have found is that once you go onto the capitalist path, and particularly if you “make it,” you are not going to be inclined to question the system that garnered you your wealth. That tasty Kool Aid runs deep. Once in a while, I’ll see Gates make an admission along those lines, and I wonder about that. I wonder if he has a little cognitive dissonance and might really wake up one day. I am not holding my breath. Does Gates know how far down the food chain he really is, and does most of what he does for show, knowing that he really can’t make a dent in the path he has taken?

I lean toward thinking that the Gateses, Bransons, and other “philanthropists” never had it in the first place. They chased their self-interest, and their “philanthropy” is the typical phony version that has a very old pedigree. The very first elites learned to play that game, and all that we have seen in the intervening millennia are variations on the theme. They all have too much self-seeking baggage to lose before they can begin to wake up, for those who aren’t simply psychopaths. I doubt that any of them are really awake, but their consciences prod them at least a little, and they can make a show of being “philanthropists,” which surely gives them ego strokes.

In the vast majority of cases, I think that something along the lines of Ed and Noam’s Propaganda Model explains what we are seeing with those “humanitarians,” in that they are not being consciously evil, but just can’t break free from their conditioning, and they don’t really want to. In that way, they really are no different from almost anybody else.

In that light, I really don’t want to get on their case much. My thrust is more to help people shed the delusion that there are all of these “progressives” and “philanthropists” out there, searching high and low for the answers, ready to lay it on the line, cut the big check, and the like. That is a beginner’s delusion that that needs to be shed quickly, in order to truly try to make a dent. I see newbies run out all the time, not only proselytizing to their social circles, which is invariably a disaster, but trying to “spread the word,” bang on the doors of “progressives,” and the like, to only get dismayed by the experience, if they did not wreck their lives in the process. Nobody is home out there.

Time for work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd March 2019 at 19:39.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (5th March 2019), Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), JRS (6th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019)

29. Link to Post #7995
    Thanks

Hi:

In my public writings about my journey, I generally keep names private until the people die, both the good guys (Spickard, Waugh, Starr) and the not-so-good guys (Rockefeller, Pregerson), and those in-between (Van Der Maas). I named Hodgell when he seemed to be defanged enough, but I certainly won’t be naming Bill the BPA Hit Man or Mr. Deputy while they are alive. Bill is a killer, literally, and Mr. Deputy is an armed psychopath. Many other names I’ll likely never name, for various reasons. Almost all of the names can be discovered if people do a little homework, but my work is not for the idly curious, so I don’t make it easy for gawkers and others who might stumble where they shouldn’t.

I keep tabs on people, to see who might still be alive that I write about, and I just discovered that a key figure of my days before meeting Dennis recently met his maker, and I’ll make some posts about him. His name was Owen Dykema. Owen was the rocket scientist that the federal government brought in to assess Mr. Mentor’s engine, and he soon became its greatest champion. I just discovered that Owen died in January, at a ripe old age, so now I am free to write about him a little.

“Rocket scientist” is a cliché that gets thrown around to denote high intelligence, but Owen really was a rocket scientist. He helped save the USA’s space program. You can see some of the papers that he wrote back then (1, 2). When my father worked at NASA, he knew of Owen’s work.

Owen worked at Rocketdyne, as you can see in this LA Times article. Owen’s story, and how it relates to mine, takes some telling, and I’ll spin the yarn during this coming week.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2019 at 15:00.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), JRS (6th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019), Servant Limestone (4th March 2019)

31. Link to Post #7996
    Thanks

Hi:

As you can read in Owen’s obituary, he was a fighter pilot in Korea, flying Corsairs from the USS Princeton. He is in books on the subject. When my father worked at NASA, the “nerds” at Mission Control were flight enthusiasts, and I heard that they were also pyromaniacs. So, Owen had the right orientation for becoming a rocket scientist.

I will likely never know for sure, but I heard from Mr. Mentor more than 40 years ago that Owen’s chief contribution was identifying inconsistent combustion in rocket engines as a big problem, both with early rockets blowing up, as well as the “pogo” effect that was preventing NASA’s rockets from being “man rated,” which meant that they were safe for humans to ride on. In this 1965 paper by Owen, he referred to the program to eliminate the pogo effect. So, he definitely was involved in solving the pogo effect, and while those early rockets’ blowing up was also related to inconsistent combustion at times, I don’t know if Owen was part of that or not.

The story that I heard from Mr. Mentor was that on his own, Owen had studied and solved the problem. It was inconsistent combustion, like how the flame from a match flickers, but magnified zillions of times in a rocket engine, and the stresses of inconsistent combustion blew rockets up and caused the pogo effect. Owen wrote a virtual textbook on the problem and how to solve it, and delivered it to the man in charge of the effort to solve the problem. Owen got a “not invented here” response from the man, who practically threw Owen’s book back at it him. It was not Owen’s job to solve the problem. Owen and his team eventually had to sneak out the blueprints, change them, and put them back, to fix the problem. To this day, Owen never got the recognition that he deserved, but you can see from his numerous patents (1, 2, 3) and papers that the problems of combustion were his forte. You can see in the LA Times article that Owen sang the typical inventor’s lament: not enough money for development, as he tried to develop a clean way to burn coal. You can see the same complaint from Mr. Mentor, in the article on his engine.

I have often written that my initial orientation to the energy issue was the inventor’s, and now I am making it clear in a way that I was not at liberty to do before. If I outlive Mr. Mentor, my public story will become far more spectacular.

Mr. Mentor’s engine came to him in an instant, at a stop sign, fully realized. He drove home and sketched it out in a half-hour. He had made so many earth-shaking inventions by that time that even admirals lay in wait, seeing what he came up with next, so that they could steal credit for it. One thief had such a poor understanding of what he stole that he built one of Mr. Mentor’s patented inventions upside down. That is how the real world of inventing works. Everything that Mr. Mentor invented was either suppressed or stolen, and his engine eventually suffered both fates.

But his engine was such a radical departure that nobody could really understand it at first, and the Navy brought in Owen to assess it. Mr. Mentor told me that he had to write on a blackboard and wave his hands before Owen began to understand. When I interviewed Owen many years later, he said that he came to understand it on his own, without Mr. Mentor’s help. It was probably a little of both, but it was very clear that Mr. Mentor and Owen had a great deal of respect for each other. Owen soon became that engine’s greatest champion, and the engine created a great stir in the federal government. It was then that a high-ranking official told Mr. Mentor that if he thought that his engine would make the internal combustion engine obsolete, that he had better make his funeral plans, because Detroit did not play fair.

Nevertheless, Mr. Mentor and Owen kept at it, and an industrialist offered to form a company to build cars based on that engine. The industrialist’s offer was that he would own 95% of the company, and Mr. Mentor and Owen could split the other 5%. With a “deal” like that, nothing further was done. However, a company stole the engine design and built a prototype that they drove in the Rose Parade a few years later. I strongly suspect that they were somehow related to that industrialist. Incredibly, I think that I heard of their fate when Dennis and I hit Ventura a decade later: they got cement shoes from the auto oligarchy. When I heard that, I had already heard about Mr. Inventor’s tenure with General Motors, as he unwittingly helped them steal patents. Those were real-world preludes to my radicalizing days in Ventura. Our system is essentially run by gangsters, and the GCs are merely the apex predators in a political-economic jungle filled with them. Ed and Noam’s work on American imperialism was no great surprise when I read it.

There is more to write about Owen, but it is time to start my busy day.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2019 at 15:16.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), JRS (6th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (4th March 2019)

33. Link to Post #7997
    Thanks

Hi:

I have written about some of this before, especially in this section of my energy essay, which I will now put on my list of essays to revise.

Owen marveled at Mr. Mentor’s engine, and said it should have taken a team of engineers a career to develop what Mr. Mentor invented in that moment of insight. But if you get Mr. Mentor’s original patent, you will see him use 150 PSI for part of the cycle. Owen said that 150 PSI was a thermodynamically terrible pressure to use, and Mr. Mentor replied that the number was not really that important. The idea of his pressure intensifier was important, but the 150 PSI he just put in there, to put in something. They later used different pressures. The first patent was Mr. Mentor’s personal patent, but the federal government spent huge sums on the development for a second patent (the prime mover in that one was a double-acting piston), and on the patent, you can see the government’s claim on the engine, in that the government would not have to pay any royalties to manufacture the engine. Mr. Mentor retained the commercial rights.

That engine created quite a bit of hoopla, and I visited Owen’s home with Mr. Mentor in the summer of 1973, as I seem to recall. I was only about 15, but the experience stuck with me. But, as I wrote, after that industrialist’s “offer,” the whole thing kind of died, at least as far as Mr. Mentor and Owen were concerned. If you read that newspaper article on Mr. Mentor’s engine, you can see where Owen is referred to, although not by name. In that article, you can see a reference to try interesting politicians, to no avail. That changed. During the USA’s oil crisis that ended its postwar boom, a huge federal study was launched, to find alternatives to American gas guzzlers. The study quickly focused on Mr. Mentor’s engine, spent man-years analyzing it, and concluded that it was the best engine on Earth, by far, for powering automobiles. In the study’s wake, Senator John Tunney, who had a reputation as the “energy” senator, repeatedly called Mr. Mentor at home, asking him to come to Washington D.C., to speak at Congressional hearings, to get his engine developed.

That was also when Brian began getting very politically active, and particularly on the energy front. Our paths crossed numerous times before our fateful meeting.

By the time that Tunney called, Mr. Mentor was retiring from his career, angry and bitter at how he had been treated, while also waking up to the evil that he was part of, and he was not interested in any Congressional hearings. He also did not want to abdicate the commercial rights to his engine, which he would likely lose if he spoke at those hearings, and he did not forget the “make your funeral plans” advice.

I got my energy dreams at about the same time, and rehabilitating Mr. Mentor was high on my list of priorities, arguably at the top. What I could do about it at age 16, I had no idea, but I know that that dream is what my “friends” used to change my studies and land me in Dennis’s company. I hear from people who think it was such a great blessing to be guided in that way, but it was a very mixed blessing, let me tell you. After I buried Mr. Professor, I did not want to hear from the voice again, and I haven’t. I have never heard of another story like mine. No regrets, but I would like to sign up for something a little easier next time. The biggest event in the human journey is a bit much to have on my plate. It devoured my life.

Owen’s tale is not yet finished. More is coming.

Best,

Wade

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), JRS (6th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (5th March 2019)

35. Link to Post #7998
    Thanks

Hi:

After the hoopla over Mr. Mentor’s engine died, and he became a handyman in his retirement, Owen just became a legendary figure from my teenage years. The year after meeting Owen, I had my cultural and mystical awakenings, and a few years after that, that voice changed my studies from science to business, and my path was set. Eight years of idealism and disillusion later, that voice led me straight into Dennis’s company, and my wild ride began.

Southern California was the last place on Earth where I wanted to live, but Mr. Mentor and Dennis cut their secret deal, and my life was soon ruined. My days of study and writing began when Dennis was in jail, after I sacrificed my life to give him a chance of living to see this side of the bars again. I began those days of study to prepare any expert witnesses that we might be able to get onto the witness stand with my legal fund. I obtained Mr. Mentor’s patents, Fischer’s engine patent, and began a document hunt, diving into the library stacks at UCLA and UC Santa Barbara. Mr. Mentor said that the federal study of his engine had been read into the Congressional Record, and I hunted for it. In the spring of 1990, the judge took Mr. Big Time Attorney hostage, to force Dennis to capitulate, entering into a plea bargain that the courts never honored, as a way to kangaroo Dennis into prison, and that time, to kill him. I got married around then and planned to leave California, but first, I decided to pay a visit to Owen, to see if he could help with my document hunt.

I worked at that medical lab in the San Fernando Valley (“the Valley” in LA jargon), and one day I called Owen at his home, and he invited me over. I was able to drive there on the way home from work. It had been 17 years since I saw Owen that first time. He still lived in the same house, in a neighborhood that I recognized from all those years ago, as he lived across the street from an elementary school. Owen ushered me into his office in his home. Owen was no intellectual slouch, obviously, and I saw Isaac Newton’s Opticks on one of Owen’s bookcases, which is the only time that I have ever seen that book. Before long, I was reading Newton’s Principia, as I hit the books in Ohio, but I really had not studied Mr. Mentor’s or Fischer’s patents at that time, not like I did later, as I began my studies of what we pursued before being wiped out.

I went there to see what Owen might have remembered about some of the documents that I sought, not to tell the tale of what happened in Ventura. And somehow, Owen turned it around, and he wanted to hear about what we had been doing. Owen began our conversation by making some kind of legal statement, in that I was going to waive the rights to secrecy over what we were about to discuss. I have never had such a statement given to me before or since, and was not quite sure what to make of it. But I began the story, and early in it, Owen reacted like most engineers and scientists do: the organized suppression that we encountered was like nothing that he had ever heard of before. He had great respect for Mr. Mentor, as Mr. Mentor had for him, but what I was telling him tripped the light fantastic, in a horrifying way. At one point in our conversation, he wondered if some corporate changes in their stances that he had recently seen were reactions to our effort, but it was more along the lines of idle speculation.

He was very familiar with Mr. Mentor’s engine, to put it mildly, and when I told him of Mr. Mentor’s idea, of marrying the panels of Dennis’s heat pump to Mr. Mentor’s engine, to produce free energy, I could see the wheels spinning in Owen’s head. And when I described Fischer’s engine and the idea of Fischer steam, in which only a percent or two of the working fluid ever became a gas, some kind of switched flipped in Owen’s head. He immediately ended the interview. I then repeated that I did not come to discuss our adventures, but to see what he knew about that federal study and other documents that I was hunting for, and he said that he did not know anything about them, as he stopped following the issue after that industrialist’s “offer.” He then got me out of his house in less than 30 seconds, almost like I was being thrown out. As I walked away from his home, I wondered what had just happened. That weekend, I mailed Fischer’s patent and some other documentation to Owen, and never heard from him again. I followed Owen’s life over the years, of his retirement to Oregon, of his promotion of the military and his telling war stories, and I wished him well. When I saw that he died, I was then freed to write this series of posts, and will name him publicly in my energy essay revision.

So, what happened in Owen’s office? I think that I witnessed the first reaction that I came to call Level 3. The second law of thermodynamics states that marrying the panels of Dennis’s heat pump to Mr. Mentor’s engine cannot make free energy, as entropy would prevail. So, the “laws of physics” objection likely reared its head with Owen, and he was definitely a thermodynamics expert. Also, what happened in Ventura was a case of organized suppression, perhaps history’s most spectacular instance of it, particularly after what happened in Seattle, and it was far beyond Owen’s sense of reality. He was a flag-waving patriot, proudly wearing his military uniform in his life’s last years, and bragging that it still fit him. Owen’s head likely would have exploded if he digested Ed and Noam’s work. My guess is that both subjects of that conversation triggered Owen to end the conversation as soon as possible, and it became a preview of why I really don’t like discussing my journey with people: almost nobody can begin to understand it. Almost nobody wants to, in the first place, and even if they want to, there is a very long learning curve to travel before it really begins making sense. They have to jettison their indoctrination before they can even begin, which is why I say that people have to have already been awakened before they are going to be any good for what I am doing.

It never got to that stage with Owen, as he ended the conversation so quickly, but when I discuss my journey and can see people’s “skepticism” and denial rear its head, I want to end the conversation, as it always turns out badly. Their sacred oxen are getting gored, so they need to dispense with the threat, ASAP, and making me into some kind of crackpot, liar, or criminal is the easy way out.

Very ironically, as Owen was ushering me from his home, one of his neighbors in the Valley was discovering the hard way how our world really works. I heard of Sparky Sweet for the first time literally a week or two before visiting Owen. Sparky had a corporate career like Owen did, and he mailed working prototypes of his free energy gizmo to the leading energy institutions, expecting the tickertape parade. The opposite happened. Sparky sat in rapt and horrified attention as we were wiped out in Ventura. He was further along the awakening curve than Owen was.

The next year, I met Brian, who told me Sparky’s name, but it was not for another twenty years, long after Sparky came to a grim end, that I learned that Sparky lived in the Valley, just down the road from us. When I learned that Sparky lived so close to us, and was subjected to some serious harassment, which may have escalated to his murder, what happened to us in Ventura began making a lot more sense. The threat that we presented was not so much hydraulic heat engines and super heat pumps, but building a business infrastructure that could bring pigs like Sparky’s to market. That was the real threat that we presented, so we had to be taken out with extreme prejudice. That reality is far beyond what Owen could digest, for all of his technical brilliance.

My meeting with Owen was one of my earliest post-Dennis lessons. When Brian decided to play the Paul Revere of Free Energy, I was his biggest fan, and I knew that Brian had far more access to the world’s scientists and “progressives” than I ever will. I was interested to hear how it went. Five years later, when Brian told me how his ride as Paul Revere went, I was unfortunately not surprised, and my meeting with Owen eleven years previously was an early experience that showed me what we were up against with scientists and engineers. When Brian began openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species, I sadly understood.

In finishing, when I have seen Dennis repeatedly slandered and libeled, by the media, “skeptics,” and talking heads in the free energy field, they rigorously avoid the two key aspects of Dennis’s effort in Seattle:

The Seattle and Ventura events always form the focus of the attacks on Dennis, and for Ventura, I have never seen even one assailant begin to discuss Mr. Mentor’s engine, or how a literal rocket scientist was involved, as they portray Dennis as a con man who never promoted or sold any legitimate technologies. Bigger lies have seldom been told.

That ends my little segment on Owen for now. He is still in my pantheon. One day, I may be able to discuss the aftermath of my visit with Owen: it was a key event in the ruination of my life.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 8th March 2019 at 03:22.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), JRS (6th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (6th March 2019)

37. Link to Post #7999
    Thanks

Hi:

Back to my big essay update; other subjects that I’ll add to the “concepts” chapter will be social animals, the idea of in-groups and out-groups, and the human version of them, as well as class systems. Elites are a product of scarcity, but they only appeared when there was enough energy surplus to concentrate. Eliminate scarcity, and you eliminate elites. They know it, too, which is why they have been behind the high-level suppression of free energy and related technologies. I’ll likely also mention the distinction between real and financial economies. In the Fifth Epoch, the financial economy disappears, as it is also a product of scarcity.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 6th March 2019 at 16:25.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (7th March 2019), Krishna (6th March 2019), Reinhard (6th March 2019), Valerie Villars (7th March 2019)

39. Link to Post #8000
    Thanks

Hi:

A little science news this morning. The issue of when Earth’s atmosphere was oxygenated has been quite a source of contention. I’ll be updating my big essay on the latest on the issue, and here is some of it: 1, 2, 3. The gist of the most recent paper is that until land plants appeared, there was not enough oxygen to allow animals to move onto land. The latest paper is an attempt to refine GEOCARBSULF, which models both oxygen and carbon dioxide levels over the eon of complex life. It is a fascinating issue, and goes back to the first Great Oxygenation Event, billions of years ago. The controversy will outlive me.

The other gas that GEOCARBSULF models is carbon dioxide, and getting familiar with paleoclimate studies makes carbon dioxide’s role in Earth’s climate very clear. When people begin to understand paleoclimate studies, one thing becomes clear: how vapid and misleading today’s Global Warming “skepticism” is. The so-called “debate” is largely fraudulent, led by shills from the hydrocarbon lobby, as they dupe the credulous and say what self-serving humans want to hear: business as usual, because we can’t really impact Earth’s climate, and even if we could, the economic costs are too great to change our hydrocarbon-burning ways.

Industrial humanity is toying with turning Earth from icehouse to greenhouse conditions in a couple of centuries. There has been nothing like it in Earth’s history. The last time that happened, Earth had its greatest extinction event. We have our toes over the edge of the abyss, and hardly anybody knows or cares.

We’ll see if my life’s work helps make a dent in that area.

Well, this is post 8,000 to my Avalon thread. I did not imagine this when I began it, more than eight years ago, and it has been fun. Kudos to Bill and company for being such gracious hosts.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th March 2019 at 14:27.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (21st March 2019), Krishna (8th March 2019), Valerie Villars (7th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 536 FirstFirst 1 300 350 390 400 410 450 500 536 LastLast