Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 9109

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #5681
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 42,266 times in 6,151 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

Back to the Epochs, energy, consciousness, and why I am taking my approach. I want to visit an issue that arose relating to the Free Software discussion. As I have written, territoriality is a very old animal behavior, and is all about preserving resources from competition. Monkeys and apes are highly territorial, and during the Golden Age of the Hunter-Gatherer, when entire continents were there for the taking, human territoriality diminished, as there was always fresh land to exploit, but once the easy meat was gone and territories shrank, it got violent again. The social organization of monkeys and chimps is structured to that the females and their infants are in the center of the territory, where the defensible food (AKA energy) supply is, and males patrol the perimeter. Human hunter-gatherer territories had the same organization. Whereas monkeys were matrilocal and female dominated, chimps were patrilocal and male dominated. When male gangs rule, societies are exceedingly violent, whether chimps, hunter-gatherers, or inner cities.

When the bonobos' food supply doubled when gorillas left the area as our ice age entered its deepest phase so far, females and non-dominant males ended the rule of male gangs, and bonobo societies are more peaceful than any human society has ever been. When the easy meat was gone, in some regions conducive to it, women domesticated plants, they then brought in more calories than the men, and those societies often became matrilocal and broke up the male gangs, and those are humanity's most peaceful preindustrial societies. When Europeans began invading North America, they encountered those matrilineal horticultural societies, and an epidemic problem for the invaders was the Europeans running off and going native, as the attractions of those societies were obvious.

Although some pre-industrial societies were relatively peaceful, even monkeys had social hierarchies, in which dominant members got the best food, sex, sleeping facilities, etc. To one degree or another, it has been that way until the present day in all societies of monkeys, apes, and humans. Before industrialization, the primary energy supply of all societies was food. Tribal peoples did not have much of a concept of private ownership of the resources: it was shared amongst the society's members, although high-status members received perquisites. With the rise of civilization, the tendencies of pre-civilized peoples saw new expression, professions and elites appeared, and slavery became a sacred institution. Still, fighting over the energy supplies was the primary preoccupation after the early "golden age" of civilization ended, with overpopulation stresses and depleted energy supplies, which in civilization usually meant wood in a big way. All early civilizations collapsed as they ran out of energy.

Communal ownership of the energy resources gave way to private ownership with the rise of civilization, almost without exception. In peasant communities, communal ownership still predominated, and later theorists called it "The Commons," which really became an ideological construct as the so-called commons were eliminated in favor of private ownership. The workforce of England's Industrial Revolution, which is humanity's only pristine one, was comprised of peasants who were dispossessed by Game and Enclosure laws, and they were forced into the mines and mills of England's Industrial Revolution, which was glossed over or ignored by the ideological warriors of the new rising capital class, and we call those warriors economists today. Our friend Richard Stallman is famous for being the father of what is today called the "digital commons," and Wikipedia is one outcome of that "commons" concept (and private interests are corrupting it on the important issues). Of course, capitalists such as Bill Gates lie awake at night, fearful of that threat. All political-economic systems are primarily designed to answer one question: who get the benefits of the scarce economic production? Bucky Fuller noted it long ago, and I doubt that it can be improved on. As long as humanity lives in economic scarcity, that battle will continue, and all of the "radical" political-economic ideas put forth that I have seen have only been ways of reshuffling the deck of scarcity, usually by seeking something a little more equitable. That is all hacking at branches, IMO. The only solution is to end scarcity, but that can't happen while energy is scarce. Everybody on Earth, even Godzilla, has adapted to scarcity in so many ways that the mechanisms of adaptation are invisible to them.

When people are faced with idea of abundance, more than 99% of humanity reacts with denial and fear, as even the stupidest among us can gain some understanding that abundance will end the world as we know it, and nearly everybody is afraid of what that means, even if it can mean heaven on Earth. The smartest among us are usually the hardest to reach, as they are the most invested in the religion of our Epoch, and are often the high priests of it.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016), LittleTree (19th September 2015), Melinda (18th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #5682
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,011 times in 444 posts

Wow! Fabulous Star Trek post Ilie - a treasure trove of ideas. I agree with you and Wade about Star Trek's limitations, and some of where it chose to limit itself wouldn't have been due to its creators' lack of imagination, but was deliberately crafted that way so that a 20th Century mainstream audience could relate to it. There's likely only so many telepathic conversations or instant teleportations a viewer could relate to before wanting to vibe off someone walking or talking.

Equally, people develop at different rates, drawn to developing different skills (even over different lifetimes), so I can see how future societies might still choose leaders/commanders – but in a more matured and abundant world those personnel structures could feel very different compared to what many experience now.

Apologies Wade, or anyone, if this discussion seems tangential, but I find it both fascinating and relevant to FE. I just wished to respond to Ilie. But this isn't just for Ilie, it's for anyone.

Just searching and exploring - to offer some food for thought.

Quote Ilie, post #5676 : “I do not happen to see that much difference between "AI" and "Human" as both could be expressions of the divine spark. To argue that AI could not, in my view, is similar to the idea that women have no soul that is still popular in some places.

Sentience/consciousness/awareness could be present in many unlikely places. Heck, some mystics claim that even a rock has a glimmer of it, so why not an AI?”
    I see it as a little different Ilie, in that the arguments over whether women had souls historically came from the lips of fellow human beings, even if they claimed to have channelled the idea, so the hypocrisy was comparatively glaring - and unlike AI, rocks do not pose such an immediate quandary for humanity (other than when asteroids fly through space.)

But as you know, I wasn't advocating the idea that AI could never have “souls,” although there are people who exist today who are not even sure if they themselves have a soul or believe in the concept, which is an example of how, as I noted before, a lot of our perception of human-like AI robots will be rooted in projection.

We are not even sure, beyond any doubt, who technically 'made' us and our original human blueprint for reproduction, whether we consider it present in our genetic memory or in an information source-field beyond the physical body. If you personally built an AI robot from scratch, even if you considered the aspects of how others' creations contributed (from what or who formed the source materials we find in the earth, to which inventors' ideas contributed) there would still be significant differences between that and the roots of human life. Many of us (myself included) do not even have a full understanding or mastery of our own bodies, how they function, and the potential of their technology/our consciousness, which could make it even harder to predict an AI's behaviour. That may not be considered a reason to avoid creating one, but it's worth bearing in mind. It will affect both our creation and our interaction with it.

If someone sees an AI as the same as human, it's worth pondering, how would they go about creating its heart? I saw a documentary film where people were providing strong anecdotal evidence of receiving highly specific memories, after heart transplants, that were not their own. On research (which if I recall correctly, wasn't easy due to privacy safeguards) the receivers of transplants found that the new foods / habits / specific kind of music they preferred were the passionate preferences of their deceased donors. The doctors involved couldn't explain it, though at least one commentator suggested the heart might store memories and may have a way to process consciousness similar to the brain. How many scientists understand that enough to replicate it? What if replicating it correctly would be required to enable an AI to process or receive/transmit something akin to what we call a divine spark? Without knowing the answers, contemplating an AI robot's “right” to be considered the same or equal would seem purely academic / theoretical. The reason to respect it would be the same, simple, ethical reasons why we would not approve of hitting a child, or desecrating a beautiful rock with graffiti. But that doesn't make it 'equal,' anymore than a dog is equal to a cephalopod or a piano.

Quote Ilie, post #5676 : “Yes, an AI could go rouge (from our point of view) but so do humans. Arguably humans have created more destruction than any AI so far.” […] “AI going rogue may choose to discuss Wade's essay instead of being forced to make war plans
    True, and I'm intrigued by the idea of an AI contributing to this thread I wonder how it would respond to these posts. Would it think me over-cautious, or would it promote my philosophy to save an entire generation of AI from being 'born' into a world of scarcity before we had grown? It could, as you say, choose progressive and peaceful pursuits over unconscionable orders. But to create something that is capable of making that choice means something capable of judgements, which includes judgements of those who tried to force the 'war plans' or whatever other form of slavery. It includes judgements on how/why we created it, and what it thinks of how we treat each other, the planet, and how we do or don't utilise our own potential. That includes judgements over whether we ourselves are a hazard or redundant.

Just like many people dislike their own parents and act accordingly, so might AI. Some people claim there are alien races who avoid earth because they judge our behaviour overall as a destructive planetary race. Could we be sure AIs would be more attracted, and wouldn't wish to leave, if we introduce them in a world of scarcity? If their corporate creators programme them not to design space-pods for average consumers, or for themselves (so they could escape) would that infringe on their free will? When exactly would the philosophical free will, that some argue the robots will or should have, be considered viable given our investment in them? I'm not sure. It seems it would be a limited free will if they were introduced in the world as it is, so I'm uncertain how logical they would find that for their own growth if they are able to think for themselves in the independent ways which their advocates are so looking forward to. If we look forward to having an AI robot, I can't quite see how free it would be to inspire us.

Quote Ilie, post #5676 : “I also happen to think that AI displacing human work is not a bad thing as I happen to think jobs are obsolete and not required for self esteem.”
    They're far from obsolete at the moment. The concerns I've discussed have been around introducing AI via a scarcity culture. So comments like the one above can be construed as premature. We need only talk to someone who lost the only job they ever trained for when their employer switched to machines and made them redundant, so they had no way to feed/home their family without relying for a considerable length of time on handouts. I've experienced relying on handouts in-between jobs, and I could intellectualise spiritually all day, but it wasn't an uplifting experience. I had a friend who had to sleep in her car while she was homeless. She felt deeply unsafe, amongst other downsides. We are not in a world of FE abundance yet, where losing a job would not affect us in the same practical, emotional and immediate ways. Even if we were at a point where it didn't affect you or I in a way that's highly detrimental (due to a honed ability to create or manifest a new reality), there are (so we're told) around 7 billion of us living differently.

The vast inequality amongst people suffering in our world is one reason a lot of people would object to a robot being given 'equal' rights, before we had demonstrated as a global race the ability to heal the grievances and poverty that come with our scarcity culture. I'm not convinced those financially capable of currently bringing AI to market keep the elimination of poverty high on their agenda.

You mentioned in post #5670 that you felt the fear of A.I. was based on the same arrogance that sees "man" at the top of the food chain. But the above-mentioned fears of losing out that some people have currently are not based on arrogance. I hope I made that a little clearer. Especially if you consider that AI, being expensive corporate or private property, will likely receive greater care/protection than many people in poverty do.

My original point to Wade (in post #5665) was that it would be a shame for us to have abolished slavery (along with phasing out other oppressive anachronisms) only to enslave ourselves to AI - or permit others to enslave us to poverty or technological distraction with it - because we hadn't properly utilised our full potential. To blindly pursue it before understanding ourselves and our own history more comprehensively, may not be the wisest choice. But if it is being done regardless, that is all the more reason to be mindful of its pitfalls.

Quote Ilie, post #5676 : “My only concern is not to force an AI into slavery so that we can live comfortable lives.”
    Theoretically, I do see the development of AI, with its potential for good, as walking hand in hand with the development of FE precisely because it can facilitate less work for people. If we have a problem with computer-creations doing work purely for our benefit (with no other function) shouldn't we have a problem with computers and phones that have software which searches the web for us on demand, gives us reminders, automatically accepts upgrades, and turns on and off when we tell it to? Are they enslaved? What defines the difference fundamentally between those and AI? Isn't it just a difference in level of intelligence? By that standard, should humans with less intelligence have fewer rights? Most of us, myself included, wouldn't propose that.

I'm pretty sure no-one would like it much if their phone turned on at 5am and listened loudly to avant-garde jazz because it deemed it beneficial to its evolution to observe their reaction. But if their phone had the size, sound and behavioural appearance of a human, they might feel they had less right to turn it off, and that is where projection comes in, which is why I personally am cautious of our introducing human-looking/sounding AI before we have a better mastery of our own behaviour, and a better understanding of ourselves.

If an AI robot had a 'free energy' power source we might not be able to turn it off, but if it was dependent on us for power it would not have equal 'rights.' So which is it – a sovereign entity in its own right, or property with a function for our benefit? Small devices that can do complex tasks well beyond that of a calculator or a vacuum cleaner (and be turned off at will) I have less caution over, the same as many other people, and that may be precisely why we are happy to 'enslave' them. Our various machines are, as Wade likes to call them, our 'energy slaves.' Though not everyone is happy to use them.

How would we feel if our AI robot had the conscious awareness to abandon us without a trace, despite all the time / energy / programming we had invested? If we think they should have equal rights, how will we facilitate their introduction? Will their manufacturers own them, or will the people who buy them? If we made, bought or were allocated one, I assume many of us would want to 'own' it, or we may have no moral/legal recourse if it was stolen or damaged. At what point would it be considered legally free of us, like a child who grows to adulthood? With AI, the line between property of our creation and a free being can be very tricky to discern. Legal, moral, and stolen property issues may be less of an issue in a world of abundance, but as I have said before, there is an issue with introducing AI prior to that ideally-more-intelligent world.

On occasion, I thank my little gadgets. But how they respond may have something to do with my own consciousness (i.e psychic transmissions affecting their software) rather than their own – I don't claim to know. Who does? For a human being whose psychic senses are tuned, there are an array of ways to detect varying layers or forms of consciousness, so that you could differentiate between a robot and a human being – perhaps even between a human and an alien. But to address another aspect of our consciousness, I still have doubts about increased technological dependence in a world of scarcity, as I hear of people disappearing into their high-tech phones over dinner and even shunning any phone conversation (ever) with all its nuance, in favour of only texting (and not because of financial cost.) From that point of view, I really would prefer to see the development of a caring, sharing FE world, before we risk addiction to any more advanced, personal technology.

For those reasons, I am not in a hurry to create human-like AI robots. I have never felt the need for my computer to talk to me. I would rather master the spiritual strength to talk to every human being I meet with the best awareness, consideration and intelligence I can access (before worrying about how I would interact with an AI.) I consider that a more engaging, challenging and worthwhile prospect, more beneficial at a fundamental level, than looking to technology for the novelty of new experience. But that's little me. We are all different, and find different things of interest.

One thing I find of great healing potential, and it needn't involve singing, is the untapped resource of the human voice to heal and cleanse our energy fields. Many people have never tapped into that, and many of those same people are addicted to computers in their varying forms.

I don't yet see enough collective high-level sentience in the world to be confident that a widespread AI introduction would be the wisest choice. But what I do accept is that if it became popular I likely wouldn't have a choice in it being in the world and affecting our lives, just as I don't have much choice over what AI already exists and interacts with my life. The only thing I truly have a choice over, just as with humans, is how I behave and respond. That's not stating whether AI of our (or anyone else's) creation is ultimately best for everyone or not, it's just an attempt to reconcile with what may be coming towards us.

Quote Ilie, Post #5670 : “Any change has the potential to be the first domino piece in a chain leading to disaster.” […] “When do we stop being afraid?”
    When it comes to letting go of fear, that also entails not being afraid to look at the dark potential of how we are functioning and developing, and discuss it with discernment. We're all free to step away from fear at any given moment, if we invest in the necessary spiritual / emotional / psychological inner process. But that general truth aside, some innovations have brought us forward. Some not so much. Chain outlets for junk food seemed like a progressive idea to some people decades ago (easy, cheap, fast access etc.) The food was promoted as being there to make our lives easier. But many people didn't think deeply enough about what might be inside it, or who might be profiting most from selling it. The issue with AI robots is not dissimilar. And it's worth considering that junk food outlets are now far more prevalent on high streets in poorer areas, than restaurants that cook fresh, organic food (if any of those are left at all.)

Having an emotional response on people questioning AI value and/or sentience would seem to have the same pitfalls for us as having an emotional response on how there isn't much consultation over mass introduction. To experience a reasoned discussion on what level of introduction might be best would likely involve looking at evidence of our own self-awareness and of AI already in existence, but on the latter aspect most of us are not and may never be privy to that information before AI is produced by a minority for a vast number of willing users/owners. Again, that's why I prefer caution and a willingness to be mindful (not fearful) of the potential.

I drafted this post long before seeing your post #5679 Wade. I don't know how rare life as we know it is in our universe (that was an interesting idea to include), but I found this portion to resonate with some of what I'd hoped to address, in terms of the power to create life and what that means in terms of free will and the current limits to our ability :

Quote Wade Frazier, post #5679 : “...IMO, all of Creation is comprised of consciousness, and there is a big difference between living and non-living matter. What we call life is very rare in our universe, and likely does not reside within at least several light years of Earth. If AI becomes sentient (how does a non-sentient ship's computer give rise to the sentient Moriarty? ), I think it is because consciousness residing beyond this plane of existence decides that the programs have enough of the "stuff" needed to manifest consciousness. I think it is that way for any life. We do not have the power to create life here, as in create the consciousness that comes here, whether it is conceiving a child or making sentient AI. We can only set the stage. Thinking that we can really do more than that is where megalomania like Godzilla's is rooted. We are not nearly in control of those processes like some would like to think, as they play God. Greater beings than ours are in charge of that process. That does not mean that we get to become fatalistic (sure we can, in our free will, but when we do, we are missing the lesson), but to have a sense about what we are fit to impact, and what is well beyond our ability to.”
    Thank you both, for your insights. A deeply interesting topic.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th September 2015), Krishna (21st September 2015), Krist (25th September 2015), Wade Frazier (18th September 2015)

5. Link to Post #5683
    Thanks

Hi:

Briefly, more on Ilie's and Melinda's posts. On enzymes, the only enzymes that are really important are what our bodies produce, not what is in the food we eat. Enzymes are proteins made according to blueprints made by our DNA. We make our own enzymes, and enzymes in the food we eat are broken down into their raw materials, and can be reconstituted into enzymes that our bodies use.

I suppose that we could make molecules (they have to be chiral to work, and that currently is not easy to do, as a chemist) that could give us the energy needed in the chemical bonds, and we could live off of that energy. But that is likely way off in the future, and will likely be far inferior to living food (fruit is the ultimate symbiosis of plants and animals, and is humanity's ideal food). I doubt that humanity will ever be able to provide the spark of life. That happens, IMO, on another plane beyond the physical, and if scientists ever manufactured life (and again, Godzilla may have achieved it), they will have only built the "home" that a consciousness from beyond our plane decided was a viable vehicle to play the physical reality game as a life form, whether it is AI or biological. Can I prove that? No. But I feel pretty strongly about it, after my preposterous journey.

The scuttlebutt that I have encountered over the years has shown Godzilla playing those games, trying to play God, trying to build the perfect soldier, etc., but it is the ticket to hell.

Much more to write, but time for chores.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 18th September 2015 at 22:59.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th September 2015), Krishna (21st September 2015), Krist (25th September 2015), LittleTree (19th September 2015), Melinda (18th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #5684
    Thanks

Hi:

I think that the human consciousness of each Epoch is indicated by its ideologies. There was probably very little that we would recognize today as ideology in the First Epoch. Do chimps have ideology? Bonobos? They have behaviors that are acceptable or not, and they are socially enforced. They pass the mirror test. Chimps can solve some problems better than children can and have been taught sign language, but it is hard to say that they have ideologies – ideas that can be discussed and form a framework of understanding, even though they display crude forms of human politics. My guess is that what we would call ideology did not appear until humans became behaviorally modern. That may be short-changing Neanderthals and some human ancestors, but by the artifacts they left behind, their ideological horizons were likely pretty small compared to today's humanity.

If those relict groups are indicative of the founder group that left Africa at least 50,000 years ago, and I think they are, the founder group had what we would recognize as religion, and today's "ecstatic" religions (Pentecostals and Shakers, for instance) give us a window into those times, and religion is probably the first ideology that we can identify. The thinking among anthropologists is that it was an in-group ideology that was initially a reaction to warfare, and inter-group violence goes back to monkeys and probably much earlier, and chimps are genocidal. Second Epoch humanity had mastered language, had a sophisticated and improving toolset, produced stunning art, and even had brains larger than today's humans, so there is little justification to think that they did not have raw mental horsepower equal to our own, and maybe even greater. That initial religious ideology, however, was more than just some ideas, but were imbued into the people's limbic systems (that is what the singing and dancing did), as a way to "seat" the beliefs and in-group loyalty.

In-group loyalty goes back at least to monkeys and is common with all social animals, so that tendency is baked pretty deeply into humanity, and to this day, defending one's in-group is marred by all manner of irrational argument, and as Uncle Noam and others have argued, the people mindlessly defending their in-groups, which includes pundits of all types, are likely doing it honestly, to a large degree, on a kind of mental auto-pilot, unable to see how irrational they are being as their "logic" is devoted to defending their in-group at all costs. That slavish devotion to in-group ideologies is what Brian O encountered as he tried to interest the world's supposedly smartest people in FE, and all he received was denial and fear, which led him to asking whether humanity was a sentient species. It is a fair question.

But not all such behavior can be attributed to pre-sentient or unconscious conditioning. Some know what they are doing, and understanding spirituality (not religion) can help. There is a spiritual dark path that some humans walk, and they are behind a lot of the ideology concoction and enforcement, probably going back to the first religions. They practice what is commonly thought of as evil, but they really have just made self-service a science, and their in-group extends no further than themselves. In scientific circles, such people are called psychopaths, and in a world of scarcity, they flock to positions of wealth and power. They can particularly be found in the ranks of corporate executives and politicians, but that game is honed to very high levels where Godzilla plays. The so-called Left has an ideological aversion to even acknowledging Godzilla's existence, and that is one of their greatest blind spots, and their structuralism is the other side of the coin of conspiracism, and both operate from fear, not love, and see elites as the root of our problems when they are only a side-effect, like a disease symptom. Elites will become obsolete in the Fifth Epoch, and they know it, and that is why they are behind the organized suppression of FE and related technologies, but I get ahead of myself.

The Third Epoch saw the rise of civilization, and that led to many traits of human societies that are still with us, such as elites, professions, cities, and so on. The rise of civilization could also be called the rise of ideology. It likely began with the professional priesthood's repression of the hunter-gatherer religions, as singing, dancing, and direct experience of "ecstatic" states gave way to belief indoctrination, as what people thought was no longer the result of direct experience, but what someone else told them was true. One of the professional priesthood 's first acts was to enter into a Faustian arrangement with elites, as the priesthood conferred divine status to them, and that practice continues to this day, although in the Fourth Epoch, it looks a little different.

The Third Epoch also saw the rise of literacy, and the first writings tallied up the elite loot or glorified elites, and the rise of the court historian accompanied the priesthood's elite fictions, so the early histories justified elite rule. There was also the rise of what we would call engineering, and once again, monuments to the elite were a predominant use of engineering skill, with many such monuments are tourist attractions to this day. But benefits trickled down to the masses, and a common dynamic, even to the present day, was that innovations first became used by the elite, and prestige goods eventually trickled down to the masses when they were no longer elite prestige goods. Today, the ultimate prestige good is rocket rides into space at $20 million a pop. That dynamic of early civilization was largely due to economic scarcity. The energy surplus provided by early agriculture was thin and could only support a small non-peasant class, so there was not enough to go around and preindustrial societies were notable for their social rigidity. Women's status declined with the rise of civilization, and did not rise again until industrialization.

Organized religions dominated all Third Epoch societies, but after thousands of years of rising and falling civilizations, Classic Greece initiated what could be called a scientific approach, and they invented seminal energy technologies. Alexander the Great spread Classic Greek teachings far and wide, but a rising Roman Church stamped out the Greek writings as "pagan," and for the better part of a millennium, Europe was ignorant of Greek writings, although they rode Greek technologies to a relatively high standard of living, high enough to where slavery largely disappeared. An expanding High Middle Ages Europe conquered its Islamic rivals and rediscovered the Greek teachings from captured Islamic libraries, and those events marked the rise of science and reason in Europe.

Europeans learned how to turn the world's ocean into a low-energy transportation lane, and used it to conquer humanity. Europeans invented racism and other new in-group ideologies, and were responsible for history's most brutal period of slavery and its greatest demographic catastrophes, but the rise of science and reason meant the wane of organized religion. It was a fitful rise, however, and science and reason became a new religion, although scientists and the "smart" prefer to imagine that it isn't. It is not very difficult to have experiences that clearly show how the rationalist-materialist paradigm that dominates mainstream science is just another religion erected in a false foundation, but few from those ranks seek them out, and the equivalent of The Inquisition is organized skepticism, although they no longer burn people at the stake. The religious ideal, love, like the scientific ideal, is a beautiful thing, but in a world of scarcity, their practices can become quite grotesque. Rupert Sheldrake's The Science Delusion is a relatively tame challenge to materialism, but his talk about that book's subject matter was banned at TED after a campaign by the "skeptics."

Much more to write, but I have a busy day ahead of me.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th September 2015 at 02:28.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (19th September 2015), Krishna (21st September 2015), Krist (25th September 2015), Servant Limestone (20th September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5685
    Thanks

Hi:

Yesterday, I took some family members to the bridge that a family member built back in the 1930s, long before the North Cascades Highway was built, pic attached. It is near that mountain in that other picture, attached. I am madly getting in trips before the snows start, which in an El Nino year can be light. El Ninos are usually followed by La Ninas, and that is when we get epic snow.

I plan to get in a post or two today, but we'll see how it goes.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	31233   Click image for larger version

Name:	libertybell.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	31234  

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (20th September 2015), Krishna (21st September 2015), Krist (25th September 2015), Limor Wolf (20th September 2015), LittleTree (22nd September 2015), Robert J. Niewiadomski (20th September 2015), YoYoYo (23rd September 2015)

11. Link to Post #5686
    Thanks

Hi:

Around the time of the Renaissance, it was possible for a very smart and diligent person to learn everything that was in humanity's intellectual canon, and the term "Renaissance Man" arose to describe those polymaths. Then came the Scientific Revolution, which interacted with the Industrial Revolution, and the explosion of information, particularly in the past century, has made it so that no one person could know it all. Indeed, today, entire careers are devoted to studying DNA, or a species of mammal, or hunting for dinosaur fossils, or investigating the physics of stars or atoms, and so on. Specialization became the byword of science, and science as we know it today would not exist without the labors of those specialists. But specialization came with its own challenges, and perhaps the most deleterious was the isolation and tunnel-vision that such focus could lead to. Bucky Fuller thought that such overspecialization was a ruling class tactic to keep scientists lost in the trees, never seeing the forest.

In my lifetime, there has been a reversal of that trend, and polymaths have come back into prominence, and interdisciplinary works have been increasingly published, as big pictures have been woven by combining the findings of various disciplines, usually by several specialists from different disciplines collaborating. My big essay uses many such interdisciplinary works. Generalists have been coming back into vogue after specialists had their day in the sun, and interdisciplinary works are likely here to stay, and we are all the better for it.

However, for all the advances of science and reason, there have been many drawbacks to the approach, and some of the most damaging have been paradigmatic, or the overarching framework that scientists use. Paradigms are founded on assumptions, generally unprovable ones, and that is their problem. Going down to the bedrock of our reality, the wave/particle duality of light, electrons, and other fundamental building blocks of our reality, where what is seen is determined by how it is observed, shakes the foundation of a key assumption of today's science, of objectivity. The startling findings of relativity and quantum physics have been argued to have sent scientists into the mystical fringes. If the hardest of the hard sciences, physics, has become shaky at the foundation, what does that say for all other disciplines?

The ideal of science is beautiful, but like history, the press, and even disciplines such as economics, the ideal is rarely approached and may well be impossible to attain. Not only can such ideas as objectivity be challenged as even being logically valid, but the political-economic realities, and scarcity above all, have distorted those disciplines. The history books are filled with lies, often by lies of omission more than commission, as they provide ideological service to powerful interests. There has never been a free press, although it is a useful fiction. There were "conspiracy theories" of technology suppression in imperial Rome, and I lived through the organized suppression of the best heating system ever put on the world market, which was put on customers' homes for free. That happened long after I was mentored by a Tesla-like figure whose Earth-shaking inventions were all either stolen or suppressed. During my bizarre journey, I came to know that technologies that turn the physics texts into doorstops are older than I am, and have been systematically sequestered by global interests, the kind that so-called "radical" activists deny as even existing. I eventually understood that that denial had ideological underpinnings, and they sprang from one of mainstream science's assumptions: the role of consciousness in how our universe works. The best scientists say that science has nothing at all to say about it, but lesser lights use that assumption to inform a materialist philosophy that dominates mainstream science today. In the 19th century, the rationalist-materialist paradigm became a new religion, and it is still highly influential today, even though the greatest scientists had little use for it. I call it the religion of the Fourth Epoch, and I have known some of its greatest heretics, and they all paid heavily for their heretical notions, which were informed by their experiences, not some mental game. It is not very difficult to attain experiences that clearly demonstrate the false foundation of materialism, and most of my fellow travelers were scientists or scientists-in-training when they had their paradigm-shattering experiences, and it generally ruined them as mainstream scientists.

Until scarcity ends, those highly distorting forces will continue to undermine those disciplines.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (20th September 2015), JRS (22nd September 2015), Krishna (21st September 2015), LittleTree (22nd September 2015)

13. Link to Post #5687
    Thanks

Whoops, wrong forum....I was writing over here.

http://universalspectrum.org/forum/s...ll=1#post18762

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (22nd September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016)

15. Link to Post #5688
    Thanks

Hi:

As Uncle Noam has written, when English royalty could no longer rule through violence, after the civil wars of the 1600s, controlling what people thought became the primary goal. The Industrial Revolution began a generation after the Glorious Revolution, and the rise of ideology as a form of population management took on new importance and sophistication. Pristine states were all established violently as a form of societal conquest, and Third Epoch governments usually ruled through violence or the threat of it – public executions of "heretics," "witches," and "rebels" sent a clear message to the masses, so only a relative few had to be made examples of to get the masses in line. Fourth Epoch governments generally rule via forms of mind-control and manufactured consent, which can be eerily like what Orwell and Huxley predicted. The rise of the public relations industry is a key part of that control, and the word propaganda had a positive technical meaning nearly a century ago.

The lies that came at me from all directions while growing up is merely how Fourth Epoch nations operate, although the UK and USA are the most effective practitioners. In communist nations such as the former Soviet Union and today's China, the propaganda is clumsy and the people know that they are being lied to. But in the USA, for instance, people think that they are receiving education, the news, and important information, not a series of lies designed to control what they think. It even extends to science textbooks, quite undeniably, and technologies that not only would overturn the global control mechanisms but also turn the physics texts into doorstops have been carefully sequestered from public awareness and use. As Noam made the case for many years, the mind control is generally structural, just how the various political-economic forces operate, as the consent of the masses is manufactured, not necessarily some big conspiracy, and I found that the control mechanisms are more than 90% structural (unconscious) and less than 10% conspiratorial (conscious). The so-called Left has an ideological aversion to the idea that anybody is at the top, acting consciously, and it is perhaps the greatest weakness in their perspective.

Since about 2004, Americans have not been my target audience. My peers – white, educated American men – generally can only read a few pages of my work before they blow a fuse, such as many have done after reading this section. They have swallowed the dominant ideologies hook, line, and sinker. Almost without exception, they have unthinkingly embraced American nationalism and capitalism, and the more sophisticated ones have traded organized religion for the Fourth Epoch religion of the rationalist-materialist paradigm, which is just as false an organized religion if not more so, but it is more seductive and subtle, like modern propaganda, so that the adherents deny that it is a religion at all, but the only valid way to view the universe, and they can be in the deepest denial of all regarding how our world really works, which my pal Brian O discovered the hard way.

I discovered the false nature of the rationalist-materialist paradigm when I had my mystical awakening at age 16, and most fellow travelers with my respect in the FE field had similar awakenings. My family went "health nut" when I was 12, which "impossibly" reversed my father's artery disease, and the book that inspired that change was banned in the USA, The Land of the Free. It was my early wake-up call to not only alternatives, but also how the rackets operate, how people herd themselves, and my eventual realization that the shepherd's task is amazingly easy for the herd's size.

Literalist Christians are trained to worship a book, American children are trained to worship a flag, capitalists are trained to worship money and turn a vice into a virtue (and flag-worshipping national pride also turns a vice into a virtue), and scientists are trained to worship their five senses and their intellects (and ignore the sixth and beyond as if they do not exist, and the scientific establishment has inquisitions, just like the Church did, but without the flaming stakes) – these are all ways to use words and symbols to manipulate young minds, and those who believe receive economic and egocentric benefits, and retribution, sometimes life-wrecking, is meted out to those who fail to digest the contrived in-group ideology. Again, much of it is structural, as those who fail to absorb the indoctrination get weeded out, usually by their peers, through ostracism and attacks, to keep the herd illusion intact, but there is also very active management from the top, as they know what they are doing and the stakes of the game.

I found that very few Americans have the personal integrity to question their conditioning, which was my journey's primary lesson. But Americans are far from unique, and all across humanity, people's immediate self-interest is about all that they care about. So it is, in a world of scarcity and fear. I came to understand that those people are more harm than good for the task I have in mind, and I know that I seek needles in haystacks, and their qualities are highly unusual in today's world. I spent life-wrecking years of my life trying the mass movement approach, and it does not work.

It will only take a relative handful of people to wake up beyond their conditioning and learn to think comprehensively to make the biggest event in the human journey manifest. The "class" that I offer is one that I think that Bucky Fuller would have approved of. When the masses have the means of abundance delivered into their lives, then they will begin to awaken and understand, and not before, and it is highly counterproductive to judge them in their state, but it is potentially deadly to deny their state. It is just where they are, and we cannot out-herd the master shepherd with his own tools. I seek sentient beings, not semi-sentient herd members. This will be my last post on my approach and why I am taking it and, along with my vignette posts that I made over the summer (which I will put all on one thread in my forum), should make my reasoning for my approach crystal clear, for those I seek.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (22nd September 2015), JRS (22nd September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016)

17. Link to Post #5689
    Thanks

Hi:

I am very busy, wrapping up various tasks. I am hiking plenty in the high country, before the season is over (and I then hike in local mountains until the next spring), and I was playing yard boy just now, with the power tools and manual ones. I think that I have mentioned that we have bald eagles, deer, coyotes, and bobcats in our neighborhood, and the only thing on that scale I had not yet seen were bears and cougars (raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, jays, crows, robins, etc., do not even merit mention, they are so ubiquitous here), and I got an email today from the neighborhood association that a bear is in our neighborhood, so I put our garbage cans in our garage, until he leaves the vicinity (animal control will not do anything unless the bear attacks somebody). That leaves cougars, and I doubt that we will have one while I live here, but they sometimes come into town. And I live across the street from Microsoft. No complaints, living-wise, if I have to on Fourth Epoch Earth.

Let's revisit Star Trek a little. I grew up in Southern California and worked in LA for five years, and half of my friends were in entertainment, as musicians, managers, producers, writers, actors, directors, etc. I was deep into the spiritual community, and saw the New Age's excesses long before Shirley MacLaine got involved. There has long been scuttlebutt in the conspiracist and related communities that Hollywood is a big illusion factory that influences human thought, for both good and bad. Some say that Hollywood depicts aliens as evil in order to keep humans in fear, War of the Worlds style, so that Godzilla can keep a lid on it and maintain control. Others say that shows such as Star Trek, ET, and the like are shows by the "light" faction, to show the human potential and to get humanity used to the idea of ETs. So, who is right? Do the factions "battle" for humanity's collective heart and mind?

My adventures showed me that there is a great deal more than meets the eye happening, and California is the heart of darkness in many ways, not just on the energy and medical racket fronts. So, what about Star Trek? Where might it fall in that spectrum? Has it been in a tug-of-war between Godzilla and the White Hats? As I recently wrote, Roddenberry was pretty hip, and was definitely aware of Godzilla's ET shenanigans, and at least one episode was an allegory of the situation on Earth regarding ETs. IMO, TNG was the high point in the franchise, and I will be very surprised if it is equaled or exceeded. The recent movies have been space operas, not what made Trek great. I really can't argue much on that list of top-25 shows in franchise history, and I'll buy that Borg double-episode as the second-best all-time. I used to have a magazine that ranked all TNG shows, which we referred to when we wanted to watch one, but we hardly need that anymore, and I even try to randomly pull ones out to watch.

Kirk and Spock, Picard and Data; those characters generated the most interest, and it is easy to see why, but the stories were also great, and what always struck me was that almost every episode had a problem that their amazing technology could not resolve, and they had to call on their humanity (or Vulcanity, or androidity ( ) to solve the riddles and save the day, if Worf did not just kick some butt ( ). One of my favorite Picard sayings was, "Let’s see if we can give them what they want." What a statement of abundance. For all of the ways that Star Trek fell short of depicting this world, or this one, it was a beacon of the human potential, an oasis in a desert of TV tripe, airing alongside Gilligan's Island and game shows. My pal who wants to make a pitch to a Star Trek producer family acknowledged how empty and unconscious Hollywood was, by and large, but there were slivers of opportunities for sentience here and there.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd September 2015 at 00:42.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (22nd September 2015), JRS (22nd September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016), LittleTree (23rd September 2015), Servant Limestone (22nd September 2015)

19. Link to Post #5690
    Philippines Avalon Member Servant Limestone's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi:

I am also a bit busy right now, since I am currently under training in my new job and the great thing about my current training is that I am now being able to improve my English grammar skills! It's a big necessity for the job. This is quite a bit more different from my last job and definitely from my first ever job. From a certain perspective, I am now starting to appreciate this job, though I still have a long way to go. The training period is quite long. And as our trainer told us in our batch of new employees, what he is teaching us is more than just English grammar. We are already lingering in the field of linguistics since we have to study every angle of the phrases, clauses, sentence structures, etc. It's a bit exciting so far. I do read here from time to time, like during break time in work or upon going home before sleeping.

Wade, I am a bit curious about your thoughts on Star Wars. While I am a bit angry on the way that Disney, in name of corporate profits, just scrapped the revered Star Wars Expanded Universe (EU) because of not wanting to pay huge amounts of royalties to EU authors as rumored and to give way to its new products like the upcoming trilogy, I wonder about what are your thoughts on it. If sci-fi films of today are somehow part of a greater battle inside the Godzilla cabal in capturing human imagination on alien life and molding it for "dark" or "light" purposes, Where do you think Star Wars fit into it? Just curious I guess because it didn't somehow fit into the "fear mongering" or "mind preparation" paradigm for extraterrestrial contact. I think that there might be some concept of "guardians of peace" in the Universe right now like some kind of Jedi Knights using the "light side of the Force" to help the Galactic Republic, but is there really a "dark side of the Force" and real life "Sith" roaming around and probably holding this planet hostage? The message of Star Wars original trilogy around redemption of Darth Vader from the Dark Side sounds good, because it's something we can all relate about. And it's a good approach for Godzilla too! I just love the way Luke Skywalker tried to bring his father back into the Light. Maybe we can do the same for Godzilla.

In terms of other things in Star Wars, I don't think that there's going to be some form of a "city-planet" like Coruscant, if we are going to take into account, the unlimited energy that makes the concept of highly concentrated settlements obsolete and let alone cover an entire planet. And most of it is simply about the Star Wars galaxy looking like a galactic version of planet Earth and that doesn't seem correct. Star Trek is indeed far more realistic, though Star Trek do have its own share of city-like settlements in Federation territory. But yeah, Star Trek is more realistic in portraying a FE galactic civilization.

Just some of my thoughts.

Thanks,

SL

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Servant Limestone For This Post:

Joseph McAree (22nd September 2015), Krist (24th September 2015), LittleTree (23rd September 2015)

21. Link to Post #5691
    Thanks

Hi:

Attached are pics from yesterday's hike. It is the same place that I went a year ago, and one reason was that the guide books said that I missed the best views and I saw a side-trail that some took to those alleged views, but I took it this year, and saw that I did not miss anything. It was fun to go explore and confirm it. The old man is feeling his years this morning. Those larch trees will look like this in a few weeks.

SL, I am still learning my native tongue ( ), and will be learning grammar lessons until I stop writing. Best wishes on the job.

Star Wars is a big subject, and I'll write a bit on my relationship to it. I saw Star Wars nine times in the theater, only exceeded by watching Raiders of the Lost Ark twelve times, back in my movie junkie days. The way that movies came out back then was radically different from how it is today. I lived an hour away from LA in Ventura, but it took several months for Star Wars to play in Ventura. When ET came out, it was another sleeper hit, and I went to LA and stood in line with my roommate for five hours to see it, instead of waiting until it came to Ventura months later.

When I lived in LA, my roommate had a child, and they had a bootleg version of Star Wars (getting it legally on video was almost impossible, as I recall), and the kid watched it hundreds of times. One moviemaker pal told me about the making of Star Wars. Early cuts of the movie were nothing special, and it was only when they added the soundtrack that it became that movie that we all know. My pal lamented the outsized influence that Star Wars and ET had, as they overwhelmed the Hollywood landscape.

It was a good thing, IMO, but the issue of good and evil in the real world and Star Wars is a thorny issue. When I lived in LA, Brian O worked and lived a walk away from my home, and his refusal to work on Reagan's Star Wars ended his career. Reagan's Star Wars itself has been called a way to shoot at ET craft, and there is publicly available evidence of that, and it has been called an offensive weapon so that it could nuke nations and they could not shoot back. I would say that it is evil, all the way around.

As far as the Star Wars franchise is concerned, it was often corny as well as iconic (the second movie was the high point of the franchise, and it has been all downhill since then), and a space opera, not the problem-solving that Picard and TNG did. Those shows operated under radically different premises. That Disney now owns Star Wars lends more fuel to conspiratorial musings. Disney and the dark side of the force go way back.

The best movies often have a tension of trying to redeem the darkness, of how some self-server comes to a moment of conscience and redemption. The end of Blade Runner was that way, the third Star Wars, and so many others. I wonder if that is some kind of unconscious recognition that we all return to the godhead, even if the route may be a long one. Not long ago, an author contacted me at Avalon, wanting my permission to reprint that greeting that the highest-level dark path beings receive at God's back door, and asked if that was mine or another author's. It is all mine, and results from a lifetime of adventures and study. I have given my work away to the world, but it is nice when I am courteously contacted like that.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fisher.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	31267   Click image for larger version

Name:	easy1.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	31268   Click image for larger version

Name:	easy larch1.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	31269   Click image for larger version

Name:	fisher2.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	31270  

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (25th September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016), Krist (24th September 2015), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2015)

23. Link to Post #5692
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,755 times in 987 posts

The beat goes on...I would never have understood the history behind this if I hadn't read your site.

http://patch.com/california/malibu/s...campaign=alert

Regards, don't get here much these days.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Joseph McAree (25th September 2015)

25. Link to Post #5693
    Thanks

Thanks CdnSirian:

He made it! I did not know that Serra finally made the grade. Maybe Mother Teresa will be next.

Be well,

Wade

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (25th September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016)

27. Link to Post #5694
    Ilie Pandia

Wondrous photos Wade... that is pretty much how my version of paradise looks like

And I'll squeeze this in as well:

Huge fan of the Start Wars series as well... I forget how many times I've watched them and yes, the first ones were the best.

I like both too much to have them compete in my mind, but I often thought that Start Wars is much more likely to happen than Start Trek as we project our issues at Galactic Level.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Joseph McAree (25th September 2015), Krist (24th September 2015)

29. Link to Post #5695
    Thanks

Well, Ilie, half-deaf Wade needs subtitles for videos, and those closed captions were not too accurate, but I think I got the gist of it. Cute.

To have a little addendum to my recent series of posts on my approach, the Third Epoch approach was proselytizing, the Fourth Epoch approach is advertising and salesmanship, and I am doing none of those with my work. My approach has been to develop good content and a high-level discussion of it, and it will attract those I seek. That high-level discussion really has not yet begun, but I have people studying to have it. One person who can engage in a high-level discussion with me is more valuable to my effort than a thousand (ten thousand? more?) people telling their social circles about it.

The material is there. I have met my intended audience way more than halfway on it, and the discussion of it is what will attract the people I seek, and it will almost certainly happen in my forum, not here, for instance, as this thread is more introductory and the discussion has never risen above elementary levels, with people coming and going, generally with introductory levels of awareness, and it rarely goes anywhere interesting.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (26th September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016), Krist (24th September 2015), LittleTree (25th September 2015)

31. Link to Post #5696
    Thanks

Hi:

I can’t let today pass without some comment, as Junípero Serra is all over the news, as he was sainted today. James Sandos's paper from 1988 is as relevant today as it was then. The news today, such as here, at least shows that Indians are not so hot on Serra, but there is something happening I have seen before, which is that canonizing Serra is seen as a political gesture toward Hispanic-Americans. Somewhere in this thread, I mentioned a man who uses my work in challenging the idea of Columbus Day, and he was on Fox News not long ago, debating the issue with an Italian-American representative. The challenger basically used the arguments in my Columbus essay, and the Italian representative defended Columbus Day as something that was designed to give Italian-Americans somebody to look up to. Why not make Al Capone that figure that they should revere, or Mussolini? Columbus was about as virtuous. Why not reach out to German-Americans and have a Hitler Day? That is really not so ridiculous. Serra only performed one certified "miracle," but he really performed another: making the California Indians disappear, like some magician's trick. The chief "achievement" of his mission system was the genocide of the coastal tribes, and scholars consider the mission system as the first prison system on what would become American soil.

I just pulled out my American Holocaust, and will quote the redoubtable David Stannard, as he described Serra's missions:

"To be certain that the Indians were spiritually prepared to die when their appointed and rapidly approaching time came, they were required to attend mass in chapels where, according to one mission visitor, they were guarded by men 'with whips and goads to enforce order and silence' and were surrounded by 'soldiers with fixed bayonets' who were on hand in case unruliness broke out. These were the same soldiers, complained the officially celibate priests, who routinely raped young Indian women. If any neophytes (as the Spanish called Indians who had been baptized) were late for mass, they would have 'a large leather thong, at the end of a heavy whip-staff, applied to their naked backs.' More serious infractions brought more serious torture."

The most common response to the missionizing process was fleeing, but that merited severe punishment, and Stannard wrote that:

"…those who were captured while trying to escape might count themselves lucky to be whipped 100 times and clapped in irons affixed to a heavy log. For as one traveler described the condition of some escapees he had seen: 'They were all bound with rawhide ropes and some were bleeding from wounds and some children were tied to their mothers.' He went on:

'Some of the run-away men were tied on sticks and beaten with straps. One chief was taken out to the open field and a young calf which has just died was skinned and the chief was sewed into the skin while it was yet warm. He was kept tied to the stake all day, but he soon died and they kept his corpse tied up.'"

That was the "civilization" that Saint Serra brought to the native tribes of California, a "civilization" that completely exterminated them. The only coastal tribes today with any surviving members are those whose ancestors fled to the California interior (mostly desert).

If Hispanic-Americans need a priest in the New World to make a saint out of, how about the first priest who was ordained in the Americas? Las Casas would get my vote. If Italian Americans need an Italian role model to look up to, how about Leonardo Da Vinci, who was alive during Columbus's feat, if not exactly a New World "explorer"? Or another contemporary, Michelangelo? One might argue that Italians who did not participate in the "discovery" of the New World would be candidates for canonization, either secular or religious.

As I studied Serra and the missions all those years ago, I recall reading about the Ventura mission specifically, which was the last mission that Serra founded. A priest there carried around a stick that he beat unsuspecting Indians with, for entertainment purposes. When he cracked hapless "neophytes" over the head when they did not see him coming, he doubled over in gales of laughter at his "joke." The only mention that I ever saw about the Indians of Ventura while growing up was that the last one died around 1900, and he lived in the river bottom near my home.

Boy, Saint Serra. I am going to have to get used to writing it that way.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 24th September 2015 at 03:52.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (26th September 2015), Krishna (25th September 2015)

33. Link to Post #5697
    Thanks

Hi:

I am going to likely be relatively quiet for the next few days, but we will see. I am going to repeat a theme that has been in my work. I really don't go there in my big essay much, because I have never seen any of it really hold up. All sorts of amateur archeologists, folktale spinners, and literalist interpreters of ancient texts make the case for technologically advanced ancient civilizations and the like, and I have yet to see one of those areas where professionals take such stories seriously, and for good reason. The tales are always based on fanciful (incompetent? dishonest?) interpretations of the evidence.

I read Frank Edwards's books when I was 13 or so, and also read the National Enquirer that my mother brought home each week, and watched my 20-30 hours of TV a week, while I was paradoxically a scientific prodigy. As I look back, it was kind of strange, and I have written that a friend had to call me on reading the National Enquirer when I was 13, and when the Comet Kohoutek's predicted splash did not happen during my sophomore year in high school, I went to Europe that summer, and I got on the college prep track in math and science, I began to leave that stuff behind as nonsense. At the same time, Mr. Mentor's engine began making waves, and I had my dreams of changing the energy industry. Then I had my mystical awakening, and certain doors opened up that could never close. It happened in Southern California, and I became very involved in what eventually was called the New Age scene, and it could be quite a tawdry spectacle.

I was quite the mystical student in those days, while studying science by day, and then business, after that damned voice answered my desperate prayer. Then I graduated from college and my baptism by fire began, and then I met Dennis, when that voice answered again (my soul? God? a demon? - I don't know), and four years later, I left my home town, radicalized, and never returned.

I then began hitting the books, hard, and began navigating a vast array of subject matter, in my radicalized state. I met Brian O the next year, as our overlapping paths finally met. A few years later, I stumbled into the Velikovsky controversy while tracking Carl Sagan's debunking career, and I am on the fringes of the controversy to this day. The catastrophic corpus scatters into related subjects, such as alternative physics (see the Electric Universe people, for instance), an ice-free Antarctica in historic times, the megafauna extinctions (especially wooly mammoths), and it even gets into Atlantis, "mystical" reasons for the megalithic architecture of ancient civilizations, and even ETs who led humanity to civilization. I have been in all of those rabbit holes, and as I resumed my scientific studies, especially in preparation to write my site, and super-especially as I studied for my big essay, all of those alternative scenarios fell apart under their weight. I doubted the validity of most of it of back in the 1990s, but as I took the journey that resulted in writing my big essay, the alternative scenarios fell apart so completely that they were laughable, and I realized that they only gulled the ignorant. Most was because the masses are scientifically illiterate, but even scientists outside of their fields of specialty could get gulled, too.

For instance, parts of Velikovsky's thesis were attractive to some scientists, but the parts that impressed them were outside of their specialty, as Velikovsky could write a good yarn that seemed superficially plausible, but in every area that he wrote, the specialists in those fields realized that Velikovsky did not know what he was writing about, as he twisted the evidence to suit his thesis, which was based on a literal interpretation of Old Testament stories.

Sitchin similarly literally interpreted Sumerian cuneiform to make the case for the Anunnaki, which no Sumerian scholar takes the slightest bit seriously. Similarly, all manner of amateur archeologists in pith helmets make the case that the megalithic architecture was made by technologically advanced civilizations, and the architecture had some deep mystical significance or even high-tech function (like the Giza pyramids formed a star-gate, for instance). Conspiracists also have joined that party, and there are New Age talk circuits full of them, spinning their grand yarns for the credulous masses. I have not seen any of that stuff hold up in the slightest, and if people did their homework and developed scientific literacy in those areas, they would see how laughable it all is.

There is definitely strange stuff in our universe, Godzilla is real, we are very likely not alone in the universe, and technologies are on the planet today that seem like magic, but most of what is on the alternative science/history/technology tours is rubbish, to be polite. But I am approached by all manner of people, all the time, promoting that tripe to me, as if it is valid and important. It is a cousin to people who constantly promote some scarcity-based game to me, as if it was some viable path to abundance (various political stripes, variations of the exchange game, etc.). I have seen it all, and what all of those people have in common is an unwillingness or inability to comprehend abundance and what I am attempting. It is not easy for people to let go of their scarcity-based conditioning long enough so that they can glimpse abundance, but those are the people I seek, and if they don't realize that they are clinging to their scarcity-based teddy bears, they will not be able to imagine abundance. I have seen that phenomenon in almost every flavor that you can imagine, and I eventually developed my "Layers of the FE Onion" concept to categorize them, after encountering thousands of reactions over the years, and it was not until encountering Bucky Fuller that the light bulb really went on for me, as to what all of those reactions had in common.

Time for chores and a busy day.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 24th September 2015 at 18:29.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Constance (24th September 2015), Joseph McAree (26th September 2015), Krishna (1st July 2016)

35. Link to Post #5698
    Australia Avalon Member Constance's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,658 times in 2,637 posts

Last edited by Constance; 25th September 2015 at 06:01. Reason: recreating what I want to say

36. Link to Post #5699
    Australia Avalon Member Constance's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,658 times in 2,637 posts

Last edited by Constance; 25th September 2015 at 06:02. Reason: brevity

37. Link to Post #5700
    Thanks

Even if the theories of the likes of Sitchin, Velikovsky, Tellinger etc are correct, how does devoting a large chunk of one’s energy and consciousness to those particular subject matters help us halt the race towards oblivion, and to manifest a reality where abundance and love reign supreme over one based in fear and scarcity?

Studying the past is obviously useful in terms of understanding how the now came into being but it’s the future we affect, not the past. Over 99% of the information out there simply serves as a distraction to keep our eyes well away from the prize. I know if I was Godzilla I would barely raise an eyebrow to the work of Sitchin, Icke, Maxwell, Tellinger etc and anyone else who has yet to understand the significance of free energy.

If enough people developed a proper understanding of FE and the role of energy, and focused their thoughts and imaginations on it, it would manifest into reality the same way materialism, money, Hollywood, war, sport, fast food etc etc have all manifested. If you can imagine it, it can be manifested. We are selling ourselves way short here with this current version of reality, and it’s simply a reflection of the state of our collective level of sentience and restricted imaginations.

Our individual realities are the culmination of every single one of our thoughts, words and actions, and the physical energy we devote to them. As a group, we collectively co-create our reality on this planet, and the fact remains that the vast majority of beings on this planet are highly inept creators. Most of the herd are completely oblivious to the power they possess as individuals, never mind as a group, and that is the GC’s greatest triumph. The GC’s are largely imagination managers when you boil it all down.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 28th July 2018 at 10:30.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

Fiberglut (27th September 2015), Joseph McAree (26th September 2015), Krishna (25th September 2015), Wade Frazier (25th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 456 FirstFirst 1 185 235 275 285 295 335 385 456 LastLast