Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8181
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Thanks Krishna:

I am familiar with that starfish experiment, especially since it was done in my backyard. I have examined the tide pools in the vicinity of Paine’s experiment. I have witnessed how humans frighten off the top predators in my local woods. The human impacts on Earth’s ecosystems have been awesome, beginning with driving the megafauna to extinction. I find myself thinking about how even the “wilderness” that I hike in has been altered over the millennia by the human presence. Elephants used to roam it.

The dream that I have of this Earth might seem impossibly far away, but I also know that with free energy, it is not so far off.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (20th July 2019), Joseph McAree (18th July 2019), Krishna (19th July 2019), Servant Limestone (19th July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #8182
    Thanks

Hi:

I guess that I should have suspected it, but I wasn’t really thinking of it. Headline stories are coming out on why the faked Moon landing conspiracy theory still has legs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). The 40th anniversary was similar. Actually, I was planning to write an addendum to my post on Art and those happy childhood days, before I saw the headlines today. It is a top story at Yahoo! as I write this. The year before the Moon landings, RFK and MLK were murdered, and I am fairly certain that it was by the same interests that took out JFK. Now, there is a conspiracy theory with legs, and any cover-ups about space events are about UFOs, not faked Moon landings.

Not only did the USA use death camp Nazis to go to the Moon, and I have a new anecdote on that that is coming, but in 1969, the USA was in the midst of the greatest crime since Nazi Germany’s, as it committed genocide in Southeast Asia, and even outdid the Nazis at times, operated a torture school, etc. The land of the free. In my days of innocent childhood, I was oblivious to all of that, including Mr. Mentor’s invention of a bomb that would end war, which the Pentagon quickly suppressed.

Brian got swept up in the Moon landings issue, to his lasting regret. As I think about this subject matter, I could write for years on these topics, but I already have. I’ll just finish up with a new anecdote that I have not told before.

When that space debunker attacked Brian’s Martian credentials after I got his NASA bio published, I asked Brian for some ammo, in case I had to do battle with the debunkers and NASA. That was when he informed me that he believed that it was Alan Shepard who said, “You’d better be willing [to go to Mars]” in Brian’s astronaut interview. Brian added that von Braun was the reason why Brian was selected, as the first talent in the stable to go to Mars, which motivated von Braun for many years. The Moon was just a stepping stone for von Braun.

This came to mind because I was rereading some of my Operation Paperclip books last night. I still find it kind of mind-boggling that the USA eagerly hired death camp Nazis, with even a case of hiring a physician who had already been convicted of performing human experiments in the death camps. The USA found them useful, so a whole bunch of death camp Nazis got whitewashed and went on the USA’s payroll, and many of them became heroes in the Space Race, even hosting a Disney show. And we all watched, rapt, as Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the Moon.

When Brian mentioned that von Braun was why he was hired, he said that he heard it from one of von Braun’s German colleagues. Brian stated that it was a “bald” one, who told Brian, long after his astronaut years were over and von Braun was dead. I had no idea who that could have been, but Brian acted like I would know, as if “bald German” was enough. I filed it away in the back of my mind. Last year, in the wake of my adventures with Wikipedia on Ed’s bio, I bought several more Operation Paperclip books and read them. I studied the subject 20 years ago, but had not taken a recent spin until I began reading books on Allen Dulles and his penchant for Nazis, such as Karl Wolff and Karl Blessing.

As I read the grim tales of not only the Nazi activities, but how the USA covered them up, it began dawning on me that the bald German that Brian told me about may well have been Arthur Rudolph! Could a name like that really have slipped Brian’s mind? It could have. That was the year before Brian died. Rudolph was definitely von Braun’s most famous bald German colleague, and before the Nazi hunters got him, he was living a famous and honored retirement in California. It could well have been him that Brian referred to. I am amazed that it might have been Rudolph. I am far from sure of it, but it seems possible, even likely.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 19th July 2019 at 12:13.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (20th July 2019), Gracy (19th July 2019), Joseph McAree (19th July 2019), Krishna (19th July 2019), ulli (19th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #8183
    Thanks

Hi:

I am sympathetic to people who just can’t take in my journey and those of my fellow travelers. If I ever got to tell it all publicly, hardly anybody would believe it. A great deal of it is documented very well, and I do what I can (1, 2), but a great deal can’t be. When the CIA offers you a billion dollars to go away, before they lower the boom on you, such an offer won’t be in writing, and the courts will not be used to enforce such a contract. Those players sit high above any court on Earth. They do not shrink from using violence to enforce their will, but they can be very subtle in its application. All that an outside observer will see is a string of untimely and suspicious deaths, and the “skeptics” can be counted on go into overdrive to explain it all away as a “coincidence” or delusion, but I have always seen either deep and even criminal dishonesty accompany such debunking, or naïveté of the kind that one might encounter in a grade-school classroom.

When a dissident faction of the GCs “invites” you to an underground demonstration of exotic technology, your “invitation” is to be kidnapped, so there is once again no documentary trail, and you don’t even know where you were taken to or by whom. When Brian and I had our epic note-trading session, Brian was more blown away by my CIA contract agent relative than he was my friend’s underground show, which he did not see as very remarkable. If I named the household-named diplomat who came to my home to meet with my relative, most readers would be blown away, too, and denial would rear its head in most people who encountered that information. I have many wild connections to the events that I write about, most of which I am not at liberty to publicly disclose. When people such as David Rockefeller or Owen Dykema die, I am freed to reveal a little more. But a great deal I will never be at liberty to disclose publicly, to protect the innocent, the guilty, and myself. If began naming some of the names that I know, I am going to go higher on the radar, and I don’t need that. I don’t need high visibility to do what I do. Going on Oprah’s show is not going to help, and somebody like me would never be on a mainstream show, anyway, other than to be a disinformation target. I watched Dennis get slandered and libeled in the media almost since the day that I met him. I would not fare any better, while people such as Mr. Skeptic become media darlings, as they lie out of both sides of their mouths.

Because of the nature of this milieu, nearly anybody can come forward, without a shred of evidence, and claim to be some “insider” who is able to publicly talk about their “experiences” on the inside, or claim to have an inside track to what is happening at the GC and spook level. My advice is to take all such “revelations” with a grain of salt. Whistleblowers such as Ralph McGehee are the Real McCoy, and you can take what he revealed to the bank. When Greer’s Disclosure Project witnesses testified under oath, that was impressive, and nobody in my circles was too surprised when Greer’s team suddenly began dying of strange cases of cancer.

One reason why so much of my work is well-documented science and history is to help ground my readers. Too many want to dive straight into the spook and conspiracist stuff, and few are grounded or worldly enough to handle that journey, and they fly off in all sorts of crazy directions. People can end up in mental institutions when they begin grappling with that material. I have seen it happen.

With the latest blow-up at Avalon, for the first time in several years, I read some Avalon threads to see what was happening, and it was no surprise to see how various conspiracist “insider” talking heads have been exposed as poseurs. I don’t like naming names, but it is not difficult to discover whom I am referring to. Those poseurs were feted on the New Age/Conspiracist talk circuit, as they spread their disinformation to the credulous. They never had a shred of credibility with me from the outset, and I was bombarded with their latest breathless pronouncements. That disinformation circus is exactly what Ed Mitchell talked about, and serves to muddy the waters so much that sane people avoid the topics altogether. I have repeatedly tried to tell such credulous dupes that they were spreading disinformation, but it didn’t even slow them down. Very few New Age/conspiracist efforts that I see in cyberspace validly deal with legitimate issues, but are part of the three-ring circus of disinformation that dominates these topics.

I watched part of an apology by a Hollywood producer who provided credibility to some of those poseurs, and the entire approach, of using Hollywood production values to bring “credibility” to the topics, is a highly dubious strategy from the outset. People should not get their “education” from Hollywood productions. Movies and TV are powerful mediums, but you really can’t learn much from them. They are there to entertain, not inform. By and large, it is a poisoned well, and those passive mediums don’t encourage people to think and get out of their armchairs and go hunting for the truth. The truth is not going to be spoon-fed to us. As Noam said, if we want to truly learn, we have to do the work.

I am doing something very different from the standard New Age/conspiracist fare, but I get tarred with the same brush repeatedly. For those whom I seek, they will eventually understand, but only after doing the work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th July 2019 at 05:47.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (19th July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (19th July 2019), Krishna (19th July 2019), Reinhard (22nd July 2019), ulli (20th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #8184
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just ran into Project 100,000 (yikes wikipedia). Wade talked about cannon fodder, I should not have been surprised or horrified, but I am. There is a video on youtube that I heard (not linking to it).

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Franny (20th July 2019), Joseph McAree (19th July 2019), ulli (20th July 2019), Valerie Villars (20th July 2019), Wade Frazier (20th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #8185
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

Well, it is topical, anyway. Oh God, the terrible tales I have heard over the years. They were cleaning out orphanages back then, scouring for the cannon fodder. I was thinking of making a post on the many stories told me first and secondhand, of those days in Vietnam. Not because I sought them or wanted to play scholar, but it just came with the territory of being an American man of my generation.

Using Vietnamese for target practice (that one was even new to Ralph McGehee, who thanked me for publishing it), torturing captives to death in a festive atmosphere, killing them with one’s bare hands, and on and on. Many operations were “off the books,” in that the personnel were not officially on the missions (and many were contract agents, not even on the government payroll – AKA mercenaries), and many like Dennis ended up in Vietnam that way, in operations that will never be made public. One friend was actually brought to a base in handcuffs. Then they were taken off, a rifle was put into his hand, and he was going to be shipped ship off to Vietnam the next day (he deserted that night). Nerve gas missions to kill deserters, and a list of horrors that outdid the Nazis at times, have not been easy to learn or write about.

It was an honor and labor of love in many ways to write Ed’s bio, but one of the “best” parts for me was helping Ed’s writings on Vietnam live on in cyberspace, at least. His first two political books are becoming rare, and they were all about Vietnam.

So, I am not going to write a long post on the many stories told to me by the participants and those who knew them. I am going to go to bed and read a little fantasy, and wake up not trying to recover from writing a harrowing post.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th July 2019 at 14:57.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (20th July 2019), Joseph McAree (21st July 2019), Krishna (20th July 2019), Reinhard (22nd July 2019), ulli (20th July 2019), Valerie Villars (20th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #8186
    Thanks

Hi:

Well, today is the 50th anniversary of that famous walk on the Moon. I have been writing about it lately, and the many facets of it in American life and my life, from the whole faked Moon landings issue to the awesome imperial crimes that my great nation was committing at the same time, and there are many other issues to write about, connected to those days. My earliest stark memory of American life was watching JFK’s funeral when I was five. He was killed in a backfired covert-op that was likely related to his efforts to end the Cold War. JFK proposed a joint mission to the Moon with the Soviet Union, which would have effectively ended the Space Race. The ET issue was entwined with it, and that may well have been the last straw for the people who took him out. My next stark memory was watching the funeral of the Apollo 1 astronauts, and my father bailed out of the Space Race a few months later. The year after that, RFK and MLK were murdered, likely by the same interests that took out JFK, and American politics began seeming like a shooting gallery to my young mind.

The next year, Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the Moon, and the Mets won the World Series. Our teacher let us watch the final game on TV in the classroom (at Junípero Serra Elementary School). Mr. Mentor had already had his bomb that ended warfare suppressed, and he had already invented his engine, and the year after Apollo 11, the USA hit Peak Oil and my family went health nut, which was really the beginning of my awakening, in a process that took nearly 20 years, which culminated on the witness stand.

According to Greer, whom I always take seriously in matters like this, Armstrong and Aldrin encountered ETs on the Moon, and both came back to Earth “changed” men. Armstrong took a very low profile, and Aldrin was so rudderless that he tried selling cars before Brian got him a job. Brian’s life was shortened, courtesy of the American military, when he began poking into the UFO issue. I could other tell “insider” astronaut and UFO tales, and they were all covered up. The establishment lies through its teeth on that issue, as usual.

So, as I watched those astronauts walk on the Moon as my father and Art whooped it up, I literally had no idea what lied ahead of me, or how that day would become a marker in my life, in several ways.

Time to begin my busy weekend.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th July 2019 at 17:12.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Forest Denizen (21st July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Joseph McAree (21st July 2019), Krishna (20th July 2019), Valerie Villars (20th July 2019)

13. Link to Post #8187
    Thanks

Hi:

I just completed the task of changing all of the notes in my big essay into the style that I adopted when I wrote Ed’s bio. That was the main housekeeping task on my plate before I started revising it. It was kind of a dreaded task, and it is over now. I had to rummage through my library to find the cited books, so that I could add the year of publication for the versions I use. I have several stacks of books in my office now, which I will now return to their shelves. I made a big push this morning to get it done, before I tackle other chores.

My library’s organization falls a bit short of a library’s reference system, but it works well enough so that I usually don’t have to spend too long to find a book. But, sometimes, it becomes a real snipe hunt, and there have been times when I just bought another copy of it, rather than spend hours looking for it, and I unintentionally have multiple copies of a few works. That is not ideal, I know, but I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with, with the demands on my time, which are considerable, and I am not getting any younger.

When digging through my library in that way, it almost becomes a scholar’s life review, as each book that I see brings up memories around it, such as when I bought it and why, what I got out of it, etc. I have not read all of the books in my library, alas, but I try. There won’t be enough years in my life to, but what I am doing will have to be good enough for now. I have a unique message and style, as I attempt to get my ideas across to my target audience.

From Chomsky to Limbaugh, from channeling to physics, from history to fantasy, the two thousand volumes of my library cover quite a spectrum. While doing my note revisions, sometimes it got maddening to think about the scientific books that deny or minimize the human contribution to the megafauna extinctions. It felt a lot like the “scholarship” that denies or minimizes the American role in the genocide in Southeast Asia, or blames the communists for it, or, incredibly falsely portrays Noam and Ed as Khmer Rouge supporters. When I encounter that kind of “scholarship,” it is only another reminder of my journey’s primary lesson.

To try to make it clear for the hundredth time, which some people seem to be unwilling or incapable of understanding, I am doing something very unique, and scholarship and science has its place, in helping my readers develop a comprehensive perspective. To be proudly scientifically illiterate because of the limitations of the enterprise is like being proudly illiterate because not every word in every book is the literal truth. And when I get those kinds of responses, those very people turn around and parrot the New Age/Conspiracist gossip of the day, such as the idea that there is ET DNA in the human genome. Maybe there is ET DNA in the human genome, but that conclusion is not going to be reached by how I have seen it gone about in New Age circles. Molecular biology is a very young science, and there are no known changes to human DNA that require some kind of ET explanation. Only people playing to scientifically illiterate audiences can get away with making statements like that and not being laughed at.

About 20 years ago, and partly because of my past associations with Dennis, I would get approached by people who wanted to share with me a Biblical “science” that argued that Earth was only 6,000 years old and that evolution was invalid. And when I would dip into it, the material did not hold up to the slightest scrutiny. It was a strange and educational experience. There are literally people today who present and believe “scientific” evidence that Earth is flat. One pal has a friend who is onboard with the idea. A great deal of alternative scholarship and science is at about that level of validity. There is a mountain of chaff out there on the fringes, along with a few kernels of wheat.

I followed the Velikovsky issue, and read a great deal of material related to it, beginning in about 1995, which led to the Electric Universe people, Sitchin and friends, and so on. None of it was valid that I could see. Literalist interpretations of ancient texts, to support arguments that Venus erupted from Jupiter’s Red Spot and nearly hit Earth before it settled into its current orbit, or that Nibiru is out there, bringing the Anunnaki with them, is way out there and not the way that professional scientists and scholars go about their business, and for good reason. Those kinds of interpretations are little more than gossip and generally fly in the face of everything that professionals have learned about those subjects. Try to find a Sumerian scholar who believes in the literal truth of the King List, especially the antediluvian rulers, with reigns of 20,000 years and more. The Anunnaki stuff rests on a foundation about that firm.

The tales of the Old Testament are just that: tales. Interpreting them literally is pretty bizarre, frankly, but Biblical literalists think that there is some kind of magic involved, to bring God’s Word to the faithful, somehow surviving the distortions of the priesthood, translations, interventions by kings and emperors, to arrive pristinely to people today, in Shakespearean English, no less. The last time that I saw Dennis, I had to hear about how the Bible was the literal truth and Word of God. It all teaches me patience.

Maybe because I write a lot, it takes a lot for writings to impress me, and I am keenly aware of their limitations. But to be illiterate or scientifically illiterate is no solution, IMO. I work with what I have.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st July 2019 at 16:37.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (21st July 2019), Krishna (22nd July 2019), Reinhard (22nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

15. Link to Post #8188
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi:

With the latest blow-up at Avalon, for the first time in several years, I read some Avalon threads to see what was happening, and it was no surprise to see how various conspiracist “insider” talking heads have been exposed as poseurs. I don’t like naming names, but it is not difficult to discover whom I am referring to. Those poseurs were feted on the New Age/Conspiracist talk circuit, as they spread their disinformation to the credulous. They never had a shred of credibility with me from the outset, and I was bombarded with their latest breathless pronouncements. That disinformation circus is exactly what Ed Mitchell talked about, and serves to muddy the waters so much that sane people avoid the topics altogether. I have repeatedly tried to tell such credulous dupes that they were spreading disinformation, but it didn’t even slow them down. Very few New Age/conspiracist efforts that I see in cyberspace validly deal with legitimate issues, but are part of the three-ring circus of disinformation that dominates these topics.
    I've been lurking on the threads related to the recent blowup as well. It really drives home the error of assuming the GC's and their divide and conquer tactics, along with their hoarding of resources, is the main problem humanity faces. Not at all, they are just a symptom, and given that many are narcissists/sociopaths, probably have delusions of grandeur and greatly overestimate their power and control. The main problem is US, humanity. We are readily capable of bickering and creating chaos amongst ourselves without outside influence. All it takes is a few people with some narcissism or BPD mixed in to spoil the apple cart.

Thinking back over the past 40-50 years of history, it's good that awareness of how the world works and the GC's tactics has expanded amongst some of us, but really, in terms of those of us who lean towards the conspiracist angle, what has it all been for? Qanon and electing a narcissist like Trump, who scaled back environmental protections? That's the best we can do?! PATHETIC.

I enjoyed Stranger Things season 3 and the recent Avengers movies as much as anyone, but true transformation will be nothing like entertainment stories. On a meta level, people aren't all going to all band together to do good when a crises hits, the most you can expect is for them to band together to fight the outgroup, usually under the sway of a power hungry leader. While there will need to be people working together to change things, it can't be the usual us vs. them consciousness that humanity tends to fall into.
    Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 21st July 2019 at 20:20.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (21st July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019), Wade Frazier (21st July 2019)

17. Link to Post #8189
    Thanks

Thanks Chris:

Yes indeed, the GCs are merely a symptom of our collective malaise. We do most of their dirty work for them, gratis. That recent blow-up at Avalon, which even seemed to kind of spill over into my Avalon thread recently, is a great example of why I do what I do. With the possible exception of Bill, nobody is laying their lives on the line at Avalon, or even close. Heck, Bill’s entire “business model” is getting the stray donation. Avalon’s inspiration is noble, the people doing the work are volunteers and, as Bill wrote, the people involved in this latest melt-down were all “nice” people. And the disputes that led to the melt-down were over issues that don’t amount to anything, and few of the disputants had publicly known identities. They were at no risk at all.

So, imagine what it was like to mount free energy efforts under the capitalist model. Free energy under the capitalist model is beyond the dreams of avarice. I thought that I knew people, even family members, until I walked into that arena. I watched people turn into Orcs lusting after the One Ring. It was the education of my life.

As Dennis wrote, only “nice people” were able to get close enough to stick their daggers in his ribs. It was always “nice people” who tried to steal his companies. That was why after my first stint with Dennis, I decided that the entire businessman’s approach, even with Indiana Jones leading the charge, had faint hope of success. I have to qualify that a little, however. What we did in Ventura did present a threat, so much so that after Dennis refused their billion dollar offer to go away, they lowered the boom on us, in a way that we should have not survived to try again. It was only due to Dennis’s crazed persistence that he survived to try again, and then we reached new levels of the game, and I nearly went to prison for my troubles. After that stint, I was certain that the businessman’s approach would not work, and it has informed my efforts ever since.

When Brian asked me to found a non-profit with him, to merely help educate the public on free energy and its implications, I was game. I should have bowed out even before our first meeting, when one of Brian’s recruits looked at me like I was crazy when I described my radicalizing moment on the witness stand. Less than a year later, seeing who was involved, I was begging Brian to let me quit, but I hung in there until the day after our conference. It did not take long for the some board members to have a mutiny and boot Brian out of the very organization that he founded, and I was not surprised. It was a non-profit!

So, I keep doing what I do, seeking singers, not soldiers.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st July 2019 at 23:18.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (21st July 2019), Constance (23rd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2019), Forest Denizen (21st July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (21st July 2019), Krishna (22nd July 2019), Reinhard (22nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

19. Link to Post #8190
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Maternal mortality in USA is higher today than in 1990

This is one of the human development indicators that should have gone down or stayed constant as it did in UK, it fell in France and Japan far below USA.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Constance (22nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (23rd July 2019), Wade Frazier (22nd July 2019)

21. Link to Post #8191
    Philippines Avalon Member Servant Limestone's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys:

It's been a while.

I just want to drop by and say that it's been quite an eventful life so far. You know what Wade, I think I am in the middle of your phase in life in LA in those accounting firms and working in Corporate America.

I am in almost the same circumstance.

A lot has happened since I last dropped by.

Do you guys know of the Kyoto Animation arson attack lately?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_...n_arson_attack

As an anime fan, it feels like a 9-11 scenario for me. Feelings that are not good are building up inside you and since Japan has a death penalty, you wanted to be part of that lynch mob and execute the man or wish for him to be hanged or given the lethal injection.

It's not a nice feeling.

Speaking of fandom, I told you Wade before about my obsession with Star Wars films and the entire franchise.

Well that is continuing and I've accumulated enough of the Legends/old cannon Extended Universe material as part of it but maybe the recent Disney Star Wars have made me got a bit turned off by the entire thing already.

You know what replaced it aside from those anime series and films? The goddamn freaking good Star Trek.

Reading a lot in the Memory Alpha Wiki. And since getting into Netflix, Wow. The main timeline Star Trek before JJ Abrams remake is so good.

Deep Space Nine is amazing. Odo and Quark are my favorite characters as well as Dr Bashir and Chief O'Brien. Commander Sisko is awesome. Always love that concept of a space station near a wormhole rather than the starships travelling across the stars. That was an interesting twist.

I never got to explore DS9 so much since when I am watching Star Trek on the government channel when I was young, it's either the Original Series or the Next Generation that's been there.

But I do remember DS9 a bit since I remember Quark and Rom, barely, back then.

I think I got too obsessed with a finished galactic government since I always obsessed with a peaceful global cosmopolitan order with universal peace since I was young and my first introduction to Star Wars is the Phantom Menace and its "Republic". And then as I get to know the prequels, then comes the struggle for democracy against space fascism with Jedi spiritual mumbo jumbo at first, which I do love, before getting my radicalization moments that brought me into the space communism of Star Trek and understanding the context of what post-scarcity may appear through the lens of Star Trek more than Star Wars since Star Wars got too much into that continued cycle over millennia in that struggle between "good" and "evil" when it was seem never-ending. Well, with love and with end of scarcity, that struggle will be ending as we knew it.

Star Trek is definitely more radical than Star Wars and while I knew that from a certain level, I did not fully grasp and understand it until recently.

It's like I evolved. Hahaha.

There is not much to say for me really except that I am continuing to have my own journey here and I am trying to articulate all of this in written form in my own way. I may get to publish something here in Avalon again. We'll see. It's just a bit nice that as part of my journey that I got to be here and have more or less the "neo-Fullerian" outlook as early as my early 20s when for Wade and many others, it took them longer and through tougher roads.

But to let you guys know, this thing is definitely lonely and depressing stuff.

We will get out of this. Or at least we have to. For now, just let me indulge with my DS9 and Voyager and even the latest stuff like Discovery. Hahaha.

And just want to add this video related to Star Trek. Interesting first tidbit about the early galaxies.

Thanks,

Serg.
    Last edited by Servant Limestone; 22nd July 2019 at 13:57.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Servant Limestone For This Post:

Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (22nd July 2019), Melinda (24th July 2019), Wade Frazier (22nd July 2019)

23. Link to Post #8192
    Thanks

Hi:

Michael Klare has long written about the resource-hungriness that lies at the base of international relations, and oil always tops the list. He wrote a recent article on how American politicians learned long ago to never even mention oil, as they rattle sabers at Iran, invade Iraq, ignore the Saudi murder of a Washington Post journalist, etc. The pundits follow suit, rarely even mentioning oil in their analyses of why the USA invaded Iraq, which the media to this day regards as a noble mission gone awry, just as it did the genocide in Southeast Asia. If somebody wants to explain that situation, the factors that immediately come to mind are:
    • Personal integrity is the world’s scarcest commodity (my lesson);
    • Humanity may not be a sentient species (Brian’s lesson);
    • Naïveté, which Brian and I were both guilty of early in our journeys, as all of our fellow travelers were, which seems endemic among Americans, especially professionals.

Take your pick. It is likely a combination of them, and highlights why my task is like hunting for needles in haystacks. Awakened people are very few and far between on Earth, and always have been. People are social animals, and very few ever raise their eyes past their in-group conditioning and immediate self-interest, in our world of scarcity and fear. On the way to Level 12, each level has its traps to a person’s awareness. Probably only 1% or so get past ignorance and denial on the free energy issue, which can be quite sophisticated.

For the few who get past those early levels of ignorance and denial, a whole host of new pitfalls await, which swallows up more than 99% of them. There are many ways to become a casualty on the path to full awareness of the issues, including having one’s life shortened, and I could write quite the litany on how people miss the mark, from failing to see why scientific literacy matters, to disappearing down conspiracist rabbit holes, and so on. There really aren’t any forums on Earth that are comprised of members with the right stuff, who are awake, who know where the root is and refrain from hacking at branches, etc. If such a venue really existed, we would have had free energy long ago.

I long ago learned that there is no way that I can bait people into caring or waking up, which was Dennis’s great folly. All that I can really do is help shorten the learning curve for the people I seek. Building the choir is going to be the hard part. If that choir ever forms, whether I build it or somebody else does, the rest will be easy.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd July 2019 at 04:09.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (22nd July 2019), Constance (23rd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2019), Forest Denizen (25th July 2019), Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (22nd July 2019), JRS (23rd July 2019), Krishna (23rd July 2019), Melinda (24th July 2019), Reinhard (23rd July 2019), Servant Limestone (22nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

25. Link to Post #8193
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

Rising mortality rates are one of many indicators of the USA’s decline in its standard of living since the 1970s and Peak Oil. The surplus energy delivered by the so-called fracking boom is abysmal. I hike through a permanent homeless camp at my favorite local trailhead, and they are pretty normal people who live there, as I have come to learn over the years.

Hi Serg:

Welcome to corporate life! No, I was not aware of the arson attack. I can’t really keep up with the mass shootings and the like in the USA. Yes, societal vengeance is a primitive sentiment. Picard would never advocate it. Last year, Patrick Stewart talked about why he is coming back as Picard, which is mainly about how TNG inspires people about the future.

I have previously attached an image of my wife and me at the Star Trek Experience exhibit in Vegas, and I’ll do it again. My wife said that it was about as happy as she has seen me, and I’ll not argue about that. Happy to play tactical officer to my wife in the captain’s chair. Here is a wonderful thread on what it was like. I find myself often thinking about watching my wife drink a Warp Core Breach at Quark’s Bar, while TNG episodes played on the TV next to the bar. The bartender said that he never got tired of it, and he had been there for eight years. I took some video footage of it.

Trekkies can argue ad infinitum on which Trek was best, and they all had their virtues, but the first three were definitely the most influential, and when TNG and DS9 were on the air at the same time, that was definitely the golden age of Star Trek.

Yes, Star Trek is much more like the Fifth Epoch than Star Wars was. I watched the original Trek when it was on, while we lived in Houston, as it was almost a professional duty for my family to watch it. I stopped watching TV at age 18, but I watched an all-day Star Trek marathon just before I moved to LA. I did not watch TV again until my wife began watching TNG, when she watched the season finale for season 5. We began watching it the next season, which was also the first season of DS9. Today, I’ll spend an hour with my wife, watching something most evenings, but never commercial-interrupted network TV. We just finished the Game of Thrones series the whole way through. We did it several times while the series was on, which means that I have seen the first season five or six times by now. Definitely not the Fifth Epoch.

When you get down to it, TNG is the closest thing to embodying the Fifth Epoch that has been on TV, but DS9 was a more adult show in ways, and it had, I believe, the best character arcs in all of Trek. We watched Jake and Nog grow up on the show, and Kira Nerys may have had the most interesting progression on the show. But my wife liked Garak’s character the best, and we once just watched the Garak episodes straight through, as we did Q shows on TNG. In the Fifth Epoch, there are no galactic capitalists like the Ferengi. My wife’s and my favorite character on Thrones was the Hound, and my favorite TNG character was probably Quark, for the same reason as the Hound, as their nobler characteristics bled through, even though they fought it. Hands down, my wife’s favorite DS9 episode is In the Pale Moonlight, which is regularly in the top ten of Trek episode rankings.

But for all of its visionary aspects, even Trek at its best still falls far short of my vision for the Fifth Epoch, which is more along these lines. I don’t see much jockeying for position in the Fifth Epoch, command structures, and other vestiges of our human societies. Humanity will have grown out of those phases, and I know that it is hard to imagine, but all Epochal change has been. This is one of my work’s primary messages. Even I can barely imagine what life in the Fifth Epoch will be like. If we really want to live in the Fifth Epoch, it will take a Fifth Epoch approach, which is what my choir idea is all about. All of the failed approaches drag along the baggage of prior and current Epochs, which are rooted in scarcity and fear. The paradigm shift to the Fifth Epoch will be the greatest in the human journey, as humanity becomes a Type 1 civilization. In the Fifth Epoch, abundance and love will replace scarcity and fear as humanity’s primary operating principles. It won’t happen overnight, but once the foundation is established, the rest can happen. Without free energy, it can’t.

Time to go play corporate cog.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trek2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	41191  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd July 2019 at 14:49.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (24th July 2019), Franny (24th July 2019), Joseph McAree (23rd July 2019), Krishna (23rd July 2019), Melinda (24th July 2019), Reinhard (23rd July 2019), Servant Limestone (28th July 2019), ulli (23rd July 2019)

27. Link to Post #8194
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi Krishna:

Rising mortality rates are one of many indicators of the USA’s decline in its standard of living since the 1970s and Peak Oil. The surplus energy delivered by the so-called fracking boom is abysmal. I hike through a permanent homeless camp at my favorite local trailhead, and they are pretty normal people who live there, as I have come to learn over the years.

Best,
    Wade
    I understand what you are saying about surplus energy. However other countries (Japan, France etc..) have reduced MMR (maternal mortality rate).

At todays extraction rates of energy consumption, everybody can have a decent standard of life. We dont live in that world because we live in a chimp society and that is hardwired.

Sure it is not the fifth epoch and when the energy crunch intensifies it will get really bad really fast.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Joseph McAree (24th July 2019), Melinda (24th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #8195
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

I doubt that it is very valid to compare one industrialized nation to another on the energy consumption pattern, for something like maternal mortality, but it can be used to track the rising and falling standard of living for a nation, such as Japan or the USA, and per capita is the best measure today. You can see that the USA’s peaked in the early 1970s, and is down about 15% since then, as its standard of living has fallen. It is not a coincidence.

As has been discussed here, and I’ll do it more in the future, a great deal of so-called “human development” is cheaply done. The West’s demographic transition has been cheaply reproduced in non-industrial nations. But it was only the rising standards of living of an industrializing West that enabled the pristine demographic transition to happen. The rise of science, literacy, public health, and the like all rode on the coattails of that rising standard of living that rode on the coattails of an industrialization that rode on rising energy consumption. Without tapping the new energy sources, and coal in particular, the rest could not have happened.

As with Why Nations Fail, those debates that I saw on the demographic transition did not even mention energy, and as such, are going to have very limited explanatory capacity, debating secondary and tertiary factors while ignoring the primary one. Those kinds of myopic analyses are legion, similar to those pundits who can’t seem to see oil in the decision-making of the USA’s forays into the Middle East.

What is a valid comparison between energy use and nations is to tell what Epoch they are in, and even what stage, to a large degree. Energy consumption per capita between industrialized and non-industrialized nations is stark. Even though African bushmen can get cell phones, their nations are far from industrialized.

The USA’s per capita consumption is twelve times India’s, and that explains everything about their economic differences of significance. Everything else is noise. Kerala has cheaply reproduced the demographic transition, as has Cuba, which has about a sixth of the USA’s per capita energy consumption. A nation cannot be industrialized on the level of energy consumption that India or Cuba has, even though they can benefit from some of the cheap side-effects of industrial societies, such as the demographic transition, cell-phones, Internet access, and the like.

I’ll be writing a lot more about this in my essay update, and no, I don’t think that chimpness is hardwired. Bonobos changed, and so can we, and we largely already have, in many ways. Industrial societies are far less brutal than agrarian ones. On that note, I am piling up my books for the first topics that I will revise in my essay update, on chimps, bonobos, primitive warfare, and the beginnings of agriculture and civilization. It might be my most significant revision to my essay, and I am going after it first.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Forest Denizen (25th July 2019), Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (24th July 2019), Krishna (25th July 2019), Melinda (25th July 2019), Reinhard (25th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #8196
    Thanks

Hi:

As a brief addendum to Krishna’s and my recent exchange, Bucky wrote that before 1970, the means had been developed to provide all of humanity a first-world standard of living. But he also stated that we faced our annihilation at our own hands. His masterwork was titled Utopia or Oblivion. My statement for the choice facing humanity is: The Sixth Mass Extinction or the Fifth Epochal Event? One of the many paradoxes and shames of the USA is that from the beginning of the English invasion, life expectancy for the invaders was higher than in England, as they had invaded the richest continent on Earth, with intact forests and soils, and later, prodigious deposits of coal and oil, to quickly become history’s richest people. As with England and its imperial rivals, did the USA use its blessings to raise Earth’s peoples up? Hell no, they purposely held them down, and inflicted genocide after genocide, and enslaved entire peoples. The USA’s record around the world is abysmal.

For being history’s richest nation, the USA is a scandal on key human development measures today, far behind other industrial nations. That poor Cuba that I write about at times does not have any homeless people, for all of the “human rights” demonization that the USA has charged it with for the past 60 years, while I regularly hike through a homeless camp, of what are fairly normal people, and 19% of California community college students are homeless. We are becoming “Hobo Nation.”

And try to find the people, anyplace on Earth, to do anything about what is happening, other than ineffectual hacking at branches. Good luck with that. I learned long ago to relinquish any judgment of the situation, and just see if I can make a dent. I seek people who can learn the song and hit the notes, and they are going to be needles in haystacks. I knew that long ago, too. I hope to have another 30 good years ahead of me, and we’ll see how it goes.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 26th July 2019 at 02:46.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (26th July 2019), Krishna (25th July 2019), Reinhard (25th July 2019), Rosemarie (26th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #8197
    Thanks

Hi:

As I have written, I am going to have a new section of my big essay, introducing concepts that are important for understanding what I am trying to get across. I am going to try to make my work easier to understand, without watering it down. I won’t be playing to imperial conceits and the like, but I will also attempt to make many of the ideas easier to understand, and that will be partly accomplished by relating them to other ideas, to form that comprehensive framework. It does not take that much scientific literacy to understand my message. It is written at the popularized science level, not the specialist level.

For instance, when I recently wrote that energy consumption per capita is the best measure for tracking a nation’s rising and falling standard of living, that could be refined more, because energy surplus is really the best measure, and the concept of EROI is important, particularly as the USA’s recent fracking boom is mining hydrocarbons of poor energetic value. The USA is mining the dregs of its hydrocarbon deposits, which means a declining energy surplus, even as energy per capita consumption can rise or hold steady.

I am also going to get more into the kinds of energy. Food energy will always be the bedrock energetic reality for humanity. That will never change. Societies that produce a lot of food energy but little else are not going to have a high standard of living. Agrarian societies were like that, but even their food production was very vulnerable to the vagaries of the weather, the destruction of the forests and soils that made agriculture feasible, etc. Agrarian societies, like all human societies for all time, were not sustainable.

If energy goes into making food, it can feed a person, who can do work. But if a barrel of oil fed a machine, it could do ten times the work of feeding those calories to a human, and perform feats that are impossible for humans, such as barreling down a highway at 80 miles per hour, or flying across Earth or to the Moon. In that way, biofuels make a kind of sense, but it is also pretty grim stuff, to literally put human-digestible calories into gas tanks.

The standard numbers for Americans are that they consume about 100 times the calories in their diets. To deliver each calorie of food placed in a mouth, about ten calories of fossil fuels are burned. So, Americans consume about 90 times their food intake by using other forms of energy. And multiply one of those calories by the multiplier of ten when feeding engines, and that idea that every American rides on the backs of hundreds of energy slaves begins to become clear, and that explains why we are history’s richest people. Everything else is noise. I intend to make those ideas even clearer than I already have. Then the potential of free energy will become clearer. It makes this world feasible, and without it, that world is not feasible. I have found that it takes at least some scientific literacy to understand that. Not a whole lot, but some.

You can see New Agers advocate abundance all the time, but like economists, they don’t understand that energy abundance is the necessary precondition for any abundance concepts. They simply do not understand the basics of how our world works, and as such, their prescriptions are naïve and unworkable.

The people that I seek must get over that hump, just for starters. It is not a heavy lift. What is heavy for people is relinquishing their in-group conceits, and that rests on the integrity issue. There is no substitute for that. Without that, the rest is meaningless. Mutual self-interest won’t get us there, but combined positive intention can.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th July 2019 at 02:58.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (26th July 2019), Krishna (27th July 2019), Rosemarie (26th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #8198
    Thanks

Hi:

Since the forum can only handle four photos at once, I’ll split it into two posts. On Wednesday, I took my niece to the meadows at Paradise, on the flanks of Mount Rainier. So far, this summer’s weather has been cloudy and rainy for much of it, which is not unusual up here, but my niece was hoping for better Seattle weather this summer, in her post-graduate summer, playing between programs. We’ll see if the next two months can make up for a cloudy July.

Paradise is kind of a sacrifice zone among hikers, as it is a pure tourist place, the busiest part of Mount Rainier National Park, with some of Earth’s most spectacular meadows. The paths are literally paved at Paradise, for good reason, with the hordes of tourists. The meadows are largely roped off, but the Asian tourists had a hard time respecting the ropes, to my niece’s consternation. It must be a bit different in Asia. But the meadows are doing fine. Even as touristy as the park can be, people die there all the time. One tourist died just last week in the park. People die of stupidity in the Cascades, primarily from falls, drowning, and getting lost and dying of exposure; all are supremely preventable deaths. I have done my fair share of stupid activities in the mountains, and I am far more cautious in my old age. I can’t afford too much adventure anymore, but I have had my fair share in this lifetime. No regrets.

I took my niece off the pavement, to a little-traveled part of Paradise, overlooking one of Rainier’s many glaciers. It is the most glaciated place in the lower-48 states, with more than 30 square miles of glaciers, but like all of the other glaciers up here, Rainier’s glaciers are rapidly melting, with Global Warming. I tried to pick a nice day, but this summer, we began in mist, as we soon spotted our first marmot, on a rock that I have seen a marmot on for every visit that I have made to Paradise, pic attached. We saw about 20 marmots that day, if not more. I eventually stopped paying attention, as there were so many. Hoary marmots have no fear of people, for some of the few animals on Earth that don’t. I told my niece that on days like that one, as we started out in the mist, magic can happen, and a few minutes later, it did.

On a remote corner of Paradise, overlooking a glacier, we found a marmot den that had baby marmots venturing out. I had never seen baby marmots before, and we sat and watched them, from about 50 meters away, for 15 minutes or so. My camera’s telephoto feature was surprisingly good, getting a better view than I could see with my naked eyes. One of the attached photos shows the mother in the photo, to give a size perspective of the babies. They were about the size of guinea pigs. It does not get much cuter than that.

I’ll finish this account with the next post.

Best,

Wade

Name:	marmot rock.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	41246   Click image for larger version

Name:	marmots3.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	41247   Click image for larger version

Name:	marmots and mom.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	41248   Click image for larger version

Name:	paradise 2 2019.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	41249  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th July 2019 at 20:52.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th July 2019), Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (27th July 2019), Krishna (28th July 2019), Krist (27th July 2019), Rosemarie (27th July 2019), Servant Limestone (28th July 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #8199
    Thanks

Hi:

To finish up my trip to Paradise, as we watched the marmot babies (technically, “pups”) venture out, the clouds began to break, although my niece did not see the top of the mountain until we had left Paradise, to her disappointment. Then it got even more magical, as we were alone in fairy-tale meadows, attached. Those white flowers are avalanche lilies. After our sojourn was over, then it was back onto the pavement with the hordes. Paradise is also where the most popular route for climbing Rainier begins, and we saw climbers trooping their way up and down the trails. It is kind of a circus at Paradise, but I go about every five years or so, taking people there. For anybody who lives in or visits Washington, they should do Paradise at least once. That patch of pink heather in one attached photo is the kind of patch that you rarely see in the Cascades. The Paradise meadows were aptly named.

On the way home, I took my niece to the closest old-growth forest to Seattle, a relatively small patch next to a glacier-fed river that the loggers spared, and she noticed some Indian pipe that came up, attached. Earlier this month, I noted that it was coming up on my favorite local trail. The high summer is here, and we’ll see if I can make this a good hiking summer, as the previous two were kind of busts. The fat old man can still waddle up the trails, but he needs to lose 30 pounds if he is going to keep doing it much longer.

Best,

Wade

Name:	paradise 19 1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	41250   Click image for larger version

Name:	paradise 19 2.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	41251   Click image for larger version

Name:	heather 19 1.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	41252   Click image for larger version

Name:	indian pipe 19.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	41253  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th July 2019 at 20:48.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th July 2019), Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (27th July 2019), Krishna (28th July 2019), Krist (27th July 2019), Rosemarie (27th July 2019), Servant Limestone (28th July 2019)

39. Link to Post #8200
    Thanks

Hi:

I am finished with Zinnophobia. It could have used an editor to tighten it up a little, and it is decidedly informal, with many asides, but it is also a devastating critique of Zinn’s leading critics. It is kind of a Logic 101 class. Uncle Howard’s work is where I got the first inkling that the Columbus story that I was raised with might have been a little askew from reality, and his summary of how American scholarship dealt with Columbus was seminal. The Zinnophobia author acknowledged it, too, and presented an analogy a lot closer to today’s world.

When Morison published his book on Columbus in 1955, titled Christopher Columbus, Mariner, it was actually kind of a radical departure from the outright hagiography written about Columbus in days of yore, and I am not taking poetic license with “hagiography,” as there was actually an effort in the 19th century to have Columbus sainted. Heck, if they could do it for Serra, why not Columbus?

David Detmer, Zinnophobia’s author, wrote that the story of Columbus written by Morison, in which he extolled Columbus’s seamanship, while burying the story of genocide in a sentence, deep within it, would be like writing a book titled Adolf Hitler, Painter, which would have been a grand, romantic account of Hitler’s career as a painter, and the story of exterminating the Jews would be buried deeply in the book somewhere, in a sentence or two, but quickly relegated to being a minor blemish in the heroic tale of Hitler the painter. It is nice to see stuff like that, and it is all too rare.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th July 2019 at 23:42.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (27th July 2019), Joseph McAree (27th July 2019), Krishna (28th July 2019), Rosemarie (28th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 536 FirstFirst 1 310 360 400 410 420 460 510 536 LastLast