Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #4181
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I am finally tackling that American Empire essay edit, and am through with the timelines. What a brutal task, and a few post ideas rolling around in my head for a while will make it into this one. Most are not new to my writings, but I am going to weld them together into something a little paradigmatic.

Mass extinction studies have yielded various reasons for the events, and most seemed to be a confluence of factors, although some factors ranked higher than others. For some of them, life itself contributed to the extinctions, such as the hydrogen sulfide events. But complex life driving other complex life to extinction has probably been pretty rare, especially for a mass extinction. When it has happened, it was usually when previously separated biomes became connected, generally through land masses colliding, and one the most spectaculars ones was only three million years ago, when the land bridge formed between South America and North America. Then North American mammals invaded and drove entire families of South American animals, which had evolved in relative isolation for about 60 million years, to extinction.

But that South American extinction was probably exceeded by the human one, as that founder group spread across the planet and drove all the easy meat to extinction. Also, all other human species were driven to extinction, and Neanderthals had the most spectacular exit, which was probably a bloody range war that lasted for thousands of years.

But an even more spectacular one may have begun about 500 years ago, as Europeans learned how the sail the oceans and quickly conquered the world. Many human groups were driven to extinction (Bahamas, Tasmania) or about a 90% decline or so (the Americas, Australia), and for those continents closer to home - Africa and Asia – the peoples were largely enslaved, and while it was rarely the kind of wholesale genocide that it was for those more remote lands, it was still an unmitigated catastrophe for the conquered and enslaved peoples. Europe's expansion is easily history's greatest crime, and it continues to this day, as the USA inflicts genocide in Western Asia in its oil-control activities.

Those catastrophes were far more than simply killing off vast numbers of people. The bedraggled survivors no longer controlled their destiny, but served the European overlords. Take Latin America, for instance. Spain in the Western Hemisphere in the 16th-century is arguably the greatest demographic catastrophe ever, and when the century ended with some small fraction of the native population of a century earlier, the remaining civilizations were largely built around mining activities, such as at Potosi. So, the surviving natives of Latin America were reduced to mining and plantation activities, as were the peoples of India and elsewhere, and the trajectories of their societies were violently altered by European intervention. We will never know what kinds of civilizations may have eventually appeared in the Americas.

The poverty and suffering that we see today in India, Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia and vicinity, Arab nations, and elsewhere are a direct result of European conquest, genocide, and exploitation, which still continues, but in neocolonial fashion, as occasionally admitted by insiders. Those peoples were actively prevented from following their own path of development. It would have rarely been "pristine" development, but their path of development was prevented by the prerogatives of the conquerors.

To this day, I hear members of my peer group – white educated American men – justify it all as bringing "progress" to the world, or making the world "safe," or attending to our "legitimate" interests as our military and CIA rapes the world's peoples. And again, declassified documents show us what those apostles of "progress" really thought. All of that justification and rationalization is pure ego, and pretty dark path stuff.

For the Spanish genocide, it was a side-effect of a century-long gold rush. For the English and American genocide in North America, it was wresting Earth's richest continent from its inhabitants. For their genocides elsewhere, it was just "business," as they say in the Mob.

And in a world of scarcity, the awesome crimes are alternately celebrated, sanitized, censored, flushed down the memory hole, and the like. People do that to reduce their cognitive dissonance. In a world of abundance, would anybody play those games? I would like to find out.

Time for bed.

Best,

Wade

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (4th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), Nine (4th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #4182
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wade,

I can not yet comment on your last article.....

I tried various ways to read the document I mean devices....the desk top playing windows or the mac....or simply to put the PDF on to my Kindle.....

I am using the desk top with an older computer...I downloaded the PDF version with links....I use firefox upon that old desktop...

I am seeing a pattern already of complex life coming from simpler life and that upward movement comes with an energy penalty and that some type of consciousnesses is directing all of this...

At least for me I abandoned fundamentalism in all its forms and so at least I did something right....

The other thing I want to say to you is your kindness towards my ignorance.....

It is simply a mind blowing fact that on earth all is a very fragile way of life with little needed to destroy it all and it appears that much that we are is from a use of energy upon this planet. From the cellular level to the cosmic this new science seems to answer many questions.

This is a very large and difficult idea to absorb and so I must continue reading more tomorrow....

From Ozzy's Crazy Train:

"All aboard! Hahaha

Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe. it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
    Life's a bitter shame
    I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers,
    I've listened to fools
    I've watched all the dropouts
    Who make their own rules
    One person conditioned to rule and control
    The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming
    Driving me insane

I know that things are going wrong for me
    You gotta listen to my words, yeah, yeah

Heirs of a cold war,
    that's what we've become
    Inheriting troubles,
    I'm mentally numb
    Crazy, I just cannot bear
    I'm living with something that just isn't fair

Mental wounds not healing
    Who and what's to blame
    I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train "

thanx Wade...

Nine

4. Link to Post #4183
    Thanks

Hi Nine:

You may be more perceptive than you think. Yes, life is pretty delicate, or perhaps more accurately, complex life is delicate. A lot of single-celled life is pretty tough and can survive where complex life cannot. But even that life is amazing that it even exists. Life really is a miracle, and energy and consciousness are the only two things that fundamentally exist, and they are related. Just how they are related is the crux of the materialist/mystical divide. It is one of those polarities that I mentioned in a recent post. Integrating them is the key. Rank materialists, or airy-fairy mystics, miss the boat. What we do here is important, but this is not the only game in creation. We are here for a reason, and my understanding is that it is to develop our consciousness though the physical reality trip, which is a harsh one. Although there is nothing easy about, this is where the quickest growth happens. Or so I am told.

Yes, humanity has been on the crazy train for some time, and love is always the answer. I specifically designed my essay so that laypeople could begin to develop comprehensive perspectives. For somebody like you, my essay will probably be tough sledding, but there are great rewards in the process. Yes, in the end, it is all about energy, and it has always been that way. A scientist would say that everything in our universe is energy. It has played a central role in life on Earth since the beginning, and tapping new energy sources have been the Epochal Events that propelled the human journey.

We are on the brink of the biggest Epochal Event so far, and perhaps the biggest one that we will ever have, but the ultra-elites who have run the show from the shadows for a long time are presently preventing its manifestation in the public sphere, so that they can keep playing their ultra-elite games. FE threatens their game, and they know it. A lot of the crazy train stuff has them to thank, but humanity plays along, in its egocentrism and addictions to scarcity.

Back to editing.

Best,

Wade

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (4th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

6. Link to Post #4184
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Hi Wade,

I'm an avid reader of your work, but I haven't dropped in to say hello yet. So...hello!

When it comes to Free Energy, it is easy for me to see the great benefits it would have to society. I am an organic farmer, and it is clear to me every single day when I'm out in the gardens and fields that it is heart-breaking that FE technology is not already present in our daily lives.

I have lived in some of the most rural of places, and have regularly interacted with Amish families. I have done it all: I know what it's like to have crop failures due to pestilence, drought, flood, human miscalculation; I know what it's like to be full of anxiety about how much food we'll have reserved for winter; I know what it's like to painstakingly chop wood so I can survive the winter; I know what it's like to be at the mercy of the vigor of the soil; I have seen the honeybees gradually die out over the years due to pesticides/herbicides weakening their immune systems and succumbing to parasitic mites; I have seen small family farms get torn up by the government for not complying with regulations; I have done back-breaking work in all weather conditions to plant, cultivate, and harvest crops; I have seen farmers get down on their knees next to their row crops in despair because they won't be able to feed their families; I have seen it all.

Most people have no idea the troubles farmers are exposed to on a daily basis, whether it's political or domestic. The amount of physical, mental, and emotional exertion that must go into managing a small organic farm is beyond what words can describe, and unless you have dipped your feet into farm work, it is impossible to fully understand. Most people in this world live in urban areas and haven't a clue where their food comes from. All they know is that their super market shelves are stocked, but they do not understand the amount of blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into bringing that food to their tables.

For those who are eco-conscious but live in urban areas, what people imagine life on a farm is like and what it actually is are completely different. And that is such a shame, because small-scale, organic farmers are at the forefront of trying to break out of the matrix, and it is difficult. It is a constant struggle to grow enough food for winter. Winter is the bane of humanity's existence, and if you read the Bible correctly, you'll understand that winter is what Hell is supposed to symbolize. It is difficult to live in the present moment, because winter is always knocking, ready to kick you in the face. Most people who live in urban areas have no idea what winter is like when you must prepare everything yourself, instead of relying on gas/electricity/food that is provided for you all times of the year.

Though small organic farmers are some of the most aware, happy, spiritual people I've come across, they still don't fully understand the problems of believing in the legitimacy of government. They generally don't get much further than questioning the effectiveness of the current president, but for the most part they are still clueless. Though, I've noted that small-scale farmers are also generally stubborn, and quicker to fight back against injustice and tyranny than the average citizen.

But I am awake and aware to what is going on, and every time I try and explain things like the concept of Free Energy to farmers I come across, I am looked at like I'm a nutcase. I do my best to plant seeds in the minds of farmers, with the hope that they will sprout when given the proper amount of mental nourishment. But I realize just how much FE will benefit humanity, because working on a farm provides the fundamental essence of life: manipulating energy for sustenance.

Every time I operate a bulky, gas-guzzling tractor that crushes the soil and disturbs wildlife; every time I use a scythe to painstakingly mow a field of grass; every time I fell living trees to burn large amounts of wood to cook food or warm my body; every time I despair because a frost kills a crop; every time I hoe a row and hand-weed vegetables; every time I take the truck in to be repaired; I fully realize how much the establishment of Free Energy will be the single greatest event in the history of humanity.

I am a conscious, fully aware farmer, and I want to be one of your singers.

Cheers,

Robin
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (4th November 2014), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Melinda (4th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014), vmk22 (4th November 2014)

8. Link to Post #4185
    Thanks

Hi Robin:

That was one hell of a song, and thanks for singing it. When I see posts like that, I think that there is some hope for us.

Tryouts for the choir can be on this thread and others at Avalon. I am most interested in aspiring singers reading my big essay and engaging in discussions of its subject matter. You have already been through the invaluable learning experience of trying to sing to your social circle and been treated like you were crazy. It is that way with every social circle on Earth right now. I get it from all of my pals, whether they are scientists, academics, farmers, Joe Averages (like Samwise ), high tech wizards, and so on. Scarcity is the song that everybody knows by heart, and the song of abundance truly scares them. It will continue to be that way until FE is delivered into their lives. Only then will they begin to understand.

I am highly sympathetic to the plight of farmers trying to break free from The Machine. At home, I only shop for groceries at PCC, which is the most successful cooperative in the USA. Oh, they could be so much more, but they are trying.

In doing what you do, you have a keen insight into what life was like before the Industrial Revolution, when starvation was a constant specter. The peoples of industrial nations have largely forgotten those times, and look at pre-industrial peoples today as primitive and backward, and as I wrote in last night's post, the West largely made them that way, or perhaps more accurately, purposely kept them there in that "primitive" state so that they would never be able to use or want the industrial resources that we need (energy, mostly).

So, I look forward to hearing you sing, and my thread is yours.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th November 2014 at 15:12.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (4th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Melinda (4th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014), Robin (5th November 2014)

10. Link to Post #4186
    Thanks

Hi:

Before I get to my daily chores and editing my American Empire essay, I want to further respond to Robin's wonderful post. Since the 1980s, one of my heart's desires has been to approach engineers, architects, farmers, and other professions that are keenly aware of the limits that energy scarcity places on their endeavors and have them imagine how their profession would change if energy was no longer a constraint. At first, their minds would be blown, which is why almost none of them can even imagine FE and abundance today. Unfortunately, FE has to be delivered into their lives before they can begin to even imagine it, as that is how deeply scarcity is baked into human awareness. My attempts at even approaching people who argue for post-scarcity societies have largely fallen on deaf ears so far, believe it or not.

But when they can get over that hump, this world begins to come into view. In each of their professions, they can take those ideas much further than I can. If we get over the FE hump, this kind of world can begin to come into view.

Godzilla is definitely watching, but if that stampede of sentient lambs ever gets going, I doubt that he will be able to do much besides watch, and I know that members in his ranks secretly hope that that stampede would succeed.

Back to work.

Best,

Wade

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (4th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014), Robin (5th November 2014)

12. Link to Post #4187
    Thanks

Hi:

As an addendum to Robin's post today, I have long written about how I woke up. My mystical awakening and that voice in my head were only little spurs to send me on my journey. My days in LA and Skid Row were a dose of reality, and preposterous events like rescuing that hooker were only a gentle prelude to that voice leading me to Dennis. That was when class really began, and four years later, my life was wrecked and I was radicalized. My mother's "my son the criminal" scrapbook tour was barely even a blip on the radar, with what I lived through. As I staggered from my home town, I set about trying to understand why the world worked so radically differently than I was taught that it did, and its ultimate fruit so far is my big essay. I don't expect to do anything like it again in this lifetime.

During my studies over the years, the reasons for social animals being social became clear, and social navigation is considered to likely be the primary stimulant for the human line's growing brain. The greatest adversaries that humans had were other humans, but social behaviors have pre-sentient roots, although people are still so oriented around them today. But the epochal changes in humanity's social behaviors were a result of the Epochal Energy Events, not a cause. In this, I find that almost nobody can really understand, which is why FE newcomers immediately want to chat up their social circles about FE and are dismayed by the reactions that they receive. Nearly all social behaviors are rooted in survival and are largely based on fear. That is why those trying to reach people on something as epochal as FE receive fear and denial about 100% of the time. People fear change and they react to the FE and abundance idea via pre-sentient biological programs (AKA instinct), and their sentience is particularly short-circuited when their fear mechanisms are engaged. When people are in fear, their neocortex literally shuts down and they revert to semi-sentience. I seek those extremely few needles in haystacks who have conquered those programs, and that can only be done with love. Social managers have played humanity like musical instruments since the first civilization, and those population management techniques became scientific in the 20th century.

Trying to reach people on a social level will not work with the FE message, not for far more than 99% of them. If I cannot do it in my social circles, how can FE newbies do it in theirs? Nevertheless they all try it out, and the best of them always come back to me with, "Well, that did not work," and they may be willing to really begin listening to what I am saying. Those mired in social awareness and population management ideologies are not going to begin to understand a message of FE and abundance, as their allegiance is to what feeds them in a world of scarcity. They will not be reached by talk. It is critical that anybody that I seek gets over that hurdle. I have watched so many FE aspirants crash and burn over that one. Again, hardly anybody today can even distinguish the psychopaths from the saints, as they rely on their social awareness (i.e., social cues) to make their determinations, and that is the easiest way to deceive people. Jesus of the New Testament berated those pious Pharisees with their phony postures and displays, and said that by their fruits people would know them. That advice still holds, and Jesus's most enlightened statement may have been "love the enemy," which is another way of saying that there is no out-group.

Seeing past social awareness is required for people to develop comprehensive perspectives and become useful for what I am trying. I am not going to allow my effort to devolve into another social movement (like the New Age or "progressive" movements, such as environmentalists), and the price of admission is learning the abundance song and singing it. I know that almost nobody on Earth is willing or able to do that today, but I only need to find 0.0001% of the global population for my plan to work, and we will see how it goes. It will not be easy, but the biggest event in the human journey will not fall in our laps.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th November 2014 at 01:54.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014), Robin (5th November 2014)

14. Link to Post #4188
    Thanks

Hi:

I am busy editing my American Empire essay, and did not realize until this afternoon that today is Election Day in the USA, and another meaningless national ritual is taking place. The USA has been a plutocracy since the beginning, when its first president was the nation's richest man, its first Supreme Court justice's favorite saying was that those who own the country should run it, and it got much worse a century later, when Robber Barons rather openly ran the nation. To this day, if David Rockefeller does not anoint you, you can forget about becoming president. The USA's president is little more than a lackey, and he knows it. The last president who thought that he could make an impact was Jack Kennedy, and he was rudely abused of the notion.

It has been really sad to see people around the world look to the USA as some sort of savior. We are nothing of the sort. I was just reading about the USA's stance on recent Ukrainian elections, and it is the kind of hypocrisy that I have come to know and love. I had recent exchange with a Ukrainian friend who thinks that the USA is the good cop on the beat over there. Sigh. The USA never cares about any other nation. We are the modern-day Rome, but the empire is in its waning days.

All of that political maneuvering and military posturing is meaningless in the face of burning through our primary energy source a million times as fast as it was made. It is like arguing over who gets the best berths on the Titanic.

As usual, it will be up to a tiny fraction of humanity to initiate the next epochal phase of the human journey. That is what I am trying to help amass. It will take a level of collective sentience and integrity never before seen, but if 100,000 people can shoulder that load, nobody will have to play the hero/martyr. That is my dream, and we will see.

Best,

Wade

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #4189
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wade,

Your post the last one....was just spot on about the American kabuki theater presented as elections in america or as Mark Twain once said that if elections really matter they would be illegal....he...effing he...

All you get to keep on that one is your sense of humor....

And to your fine article....I was reading about some fish that went in to a cave and about a dynosaur that just vanished to live or he hid out....

Nautiliod and the Lystrosaurus...who survived the extinction in there time thought about or someone thought about how they could hide and live on but the story ends tragically with both of their demise.....

And so though surviving they were badly weakened and so were defeated by the other who had more energy to fight....

And so this scenario reminds me of a sect of mostly orthodox Christians that gather up all types of gear and food for the end of times event ....and are referred to as preppers.....

That seems to be a bad plan looking back at earths real history.....many even here on our dear Avalon seem to think that this is the way to go....

Your plan sounds a whole lot better....

thanx

Nine
    Last edited by Nine; 5th November 2014 at 07:11.

17. Link to Post #4190
    Thanks

Thanks Nine:

I did not know of this Twain quote:

"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

but it is a great one, and I am pleasantly surprised that he said that. Twain was probably the USA's greatest writer, and his best work was censored.

The way that so-called democratic systems operate, to provide the illusion of choice and control for the masses, is quite something. People such as Chomsky have pointed out the structural features of the system that presents the appearance of serving the masses, but really is all about controlling the rabble and keeping them at bay. And structuralists do not even acknowledge Godzilla's existence, which is another layer of power and control that keeps the lid on the important stuff like FE.

Energy and raising our consciousness are the big games. Nothing else matters much. As I keep stating, they are related, and our big consciousness-raising events followed the energy events and were dependent on them. While we are mired in scarcity-consciousness, there is really no way out. But only a relative few of us would need to get over the hump to abundance awareness to manifest it for humanity.

Mass extinctions, adaptive radiation "golden ages" and living fossils are important subjects, and can serve to highlight how our world has worked. As I have written, energy surplus is the best measure of species and societal viability. So, prepping will not provide any answers, not for global civilization, and certainly not for any individuals or communities. I wrote a little prepper tale at Avalon years ago.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th November 2014 at 13:21.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #4191
    Ilie Pandia

I guess voting is a form of continuing to play the rigged game. But then not-voting will it do any good?

I've been contemplating this issue, because we also have elections over here, this month.

There is a huge campaign to "show up and vote!" and the main argument for that is: "If you do not vote, then the person you do not want in office will get there, because his or her voters will show up!". I know it's a rather silly argument. If you try to explain that it does not really matter who takes the office, then you're accused of not caring for the future of your country and of trashing your "right to vote" that your ancestors have spilled their blood for.

It's rather clear to me that, in the grand picture, it does not matter who gets the office, since none will touch the FE issue (they will not event mention the word "Energy" to begin with), nobody will talk about E.T.s or consciousness. Various branches of Christianity and interpretation of the Bible are OK.

So, is the vote meaningless? If I look at it as choosing the lesser evil, perhaps it has some meaning, at least locally. Women will vote with the person that promises more "equality". Is that wrong? I don't think so, but at the same time I realize how in a FE world such problems will cease to exists.

So what do you think will happen if people stop voting? I initially I though a crisis would ensue and in that crisis a lot may wake up. But now, I am not so sure... it looks like even if nobody showed up, on the news it will say that enough showed to have a result .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Muzz (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #4192
    Thanks

Hi Ilie:

Great comment and an important subject. For the audience that I seek (that choir), they should come to realize that voting is about one-millionth as important as helping FE happen. As Fuller noted, politics, especially retail politics that is little more than show business in the USA (and I doubt that it is much different anywhere else), will not solve any of our big problems. I see a similar attitude that you cite around retail politics when I am asked about hybrid cars and if they are some kind of answer. Participating in retail politics is like buying a hybrid car: a meaningless gesture that lets people feel good that they are making a dent, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I have written about hybrids (including electric cars) here before. About 40% of the USA's electricity is made by burning coal. So, an American hybrid car (that uses electricity in some form (which is not generated by its engine) for its power) is burning coal to get nearly half of its external electric energy. State-of-the-art electric plants get around a 40% thermal efficiency, which is higher than the 25-30% or so in automobile engines (at least the stuff that is not suppressed), and if you take line losses into account (but offset those against refining and transporting gasoline to the cars), maybe, just maybe, a hybrid could be slightly more energy efficient than a gasoline-powered car, but coal is far more environmentally devastating than oil, in the mining and burning, but we also have oil-control genocides happening today, so we really are comparing evils, especially when FE is considered. The entire hybrid issue is meaningless in the face of burning up our primary energy source a million times as fast as it was created. Unless we solve the energy problem, and fast, the rest literally won’t matter, and retail politics is probably not even hacking at branches, for the most part, but pretending to. Epochal Change is the only thing that is going to save our bacon, and virtually nobody on the planet today even begins to understand that. But if the needles do, that may be enough.

Best,

Wade

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Muzz (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #4193
    Ilie Pandia

@SamwiseTheBrave,

I've enjoyed your post very much. I has reminded me of my grandparents, who were also farmers and I got a glimpse of just what kind of work that implied when I was a child and I had to help. I have also seen how this titanic work affected the human body. Granted they are much healthier and strong than most "city folk" but the effort shows in their bones. They were always busy with preparing for the winter with very little surplus.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014), Robin (5th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #4194
    Thanks

Hi:

In response to Ilie's comment, farmers, engineers, scientists, and others who work directly with energy, or study it, have a big advantage in understanding how energy runs the show. As I have written about the first economists, the Physiocrats, they understood that wealth came from land, even though they did not really quite know why, as the science of energy was not yet developed, and they had yet to understand how the captured solar energy of photosynthesis was what made the land valuable.

A concept that I have been trying to make clear is that energy feeding a machine is about 10 times as effective as feeding a human, for getting work done. People have to rest, sleep, etc.

Today, the West's food system burns about 10 calories of fossil fuel for every calorie delivered to the dinner table. I have seen farmers say that the only basis for their wealth was the sweat of their brow, as if that energy-driven farm equipment did not exist, and all the really hard work is performed by the crops themselves, with their trick of turning sunlight into digestible calories. What a trick! Humans can't do it (except perhaps Level 19s ).

Best,

Wade

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (5th November 2014), Nine (5th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #4195
    Thanks

Hi:

I am madly editing my American Empire essay and might finish today if I am lucky. I wanted to briefly address something in my previous post. That machines are ten times as effective as using energy as humans are is not just because humans cannot devote all of their energy to work. A big reason for the life on Earth portion of my big essay, which is half of it, before humans arrived on the evolutionary scene, is to help readers develop an understanding of how we came to be. How did eyes develop, muscles, our brains?

Again, I am no materialist, but the history of life on Earth is full of failed experiments, and it sure looks like a lot of trial-and-error led to the bodily structures that we take for granted today. Muscles are certainly not all that efficient, but they work. An engine designed by an engineer can be more effective than a muscle, especially when the engineer can work with refined metal instead of biological molecules.

If you look at the Rube Goldberg devices that enzymes are, they sure as heck do not seem very efficient at getting two molecules to react, but they work. They speed up reactions by millions of times, so that seeming inefficiency in the trial-and-error that ended up in an enzyme sure had a hefty return, when they can speed up reactions by millions and even billions of times.

Again, just putting on our thinking hats and pondering those situations are important parts of developing a comprehensive perspective. The more that we do it, the bigger picture that we begin to see, and that comprehensive perspective can begin to gel. That is a major purpose of my essay.

Best,

Wade

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Nine (5th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #4196
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Greetings Wade!

I've been watching quietly from the loft for a long time. Thought I would finally chime in a little.

The other day, my 6 year old son told me, once he grows up he wants to play Minecraft as long as he wants. I told him, "Why not do it for real, and travel all over the globe helping people build things that they need?"
    He didn't seem too interested in my little vision of the future. But it's one that I hope to see come along someday.

Been thinking about all the things that FE could change for a while now. I think if those doors get pried open, our history from there will be something to behold. I sure hope I get to be around to witness it all.

I like to think about what the timeline of developments could look like from then on. For example, you and others have talked about how the current scarcity paradigm could evaporate as a result. This I hope would be one of the next dominoes to fall. Because if just those two things come to pass, then the first thing we will need, in my opinion, will be a fully mature language translator. (Wait! Stick with me now, stick with me here. :- )

I'm thinking like an earpiece that we keep in one ear that translates everything we hear into our native language. Because my hope is that we will reach a point where people will begin to stop and rethink what it is they really would like to do with their life. And speaking for myself, I think I would take the opportunity to start helping in places that need it. We could start to take a look at the logistics involved in helping, for example, the folks in some downtrodden village in Haiti construct large scale sewage and wastewater systems. Sort of like a Bulldozins Sans Frontieres. :-) And if the logistical and economical barriers to endeavors like this start to dissolve, then the language barrier will need to as well.

I bet a lot of people, given a chance to stop and consider what we would like to do, and not be faced with the usual barriers preventing us from doing it, would kick off a period of effort aimed at correcting many of the ecological problems we've created here. I know there are people who would love to be able to spend time on the ocean, figuring out ways to clean up the damage we've done to our waters. We've all seen the articles about the islands of trash floating in the pacific, and the pools of oil waiting for any creature unlucky enough to get carried into the Sargasso Sea.

*sigh*

But we've been conditioned here to think that it's not feasible for anyone to just strike out and change their life and find ways to get into things like that. Too many barriers.

Maybe someday.

P.S. I definitely think civil engineering will get a lot of focus for a while. But the eventual progress of technology will most likely sideline those efforts at some point. Because if we can teleport from one place on the globe to another, then we usher in what will likely be called the Teleportation Age. Will there still be countries/borders at that point? Ah, that's getting a little too far ahead, I suppose. (But it's still fun to think about. :- )

30. Link to Post #4197
    Thanks

Hi:

I am going to tear myself away from editing the American Empire essay for a little while and make this post. It is going to be about the benefits of developing a comprehensive perspective. When I wrote that voting in elections was about one-millionth as important as helping make FE happen, I am not exaggerating and am probably being conservative. This is where developing a comprehensive perspective comes in helpful, which is the main point of my big essay. And since I weld FE into that comprehensive perspective that explores the epochal significance of the energy events of the human journey, unique insights can come with digesting that essay, and conversations can be had that will not be found anywhere else on Earth. I am going to give an example, and it relates to my "one-millionth" observation.

When that founder group left Africa 60K years ago, over the next 50,000 years, they bred from 300 to five million, for an increase of more than 10,000-fold. In proportional terms, it is the biggest population explosion in the human journey. That expansion came at the expense of all other human species and all the easy meat.

The Domestication Revolution "only" saw a 200-fold increase, and the Industrial Revolution "only" has had a seven-fold increase so far, and will likely top out below ten.

Australia and the Americas had many candidates for domestic plants and animals. But the invading humans killed off the easy meat so fast that no animals were domesticated in Australia, and only a handful in the Americas. In Australia, they also had many candidates for domestic plants, but they never domesticated any, and perhaps no animals were domesticated because no plants were. With the exception of the dog, all other animals were domesticated when human populations became sedentary due to agriculture.

So, Australians got "stuck" at the hunter-gatherer phase of existence, and I consider it doubtful that natives of the Western Hemisphere would have industrialized anytime within the next ten thousand years. Today, there are only two places on Earth that scientists are sure had "pristine" development (meaning that the people invented it themselves) of the Domestication Revolution, in Mesoamerica and the Fertile Crescent. It is quite possible that those two instances influenced all other instances. We only know of four pristine civilizations (add China and Peru). The Industrial Revolution began in only one place: England.

Studying mass extinctions and civilization collapses brings into sharp focus that it is not always onward and upward. Nothing is foreordained, and sh*t happens in physical reality. So, why did Australians never invent agriculture? In the two places where agriculture was certainly invented, and in the four pristine civilizations, it appears to be the case that virtually all local meat had been hunted to extinction, so hunters no longer dominated, and women began growing crops. Because women brought in more calories than men, their status rose, some of those early societies became matrilineal, and they were peaceful. It is currently thought by scientists that unless there was a peaceful interlude in those overhunted areas, when people were nearly forced into raising crops, agriculture may have never been invented, and the entire planet would be inhabited by hunter-gatherer peoples, no more than ten million of them, and they would have constantly been at war with each other, battling over their territories. That is the state-of-the-art understanding today, and I'll bet that it is not far from the mark.

The Rousseauian idyll was a fantasy in which people pined for a golden age that never was. Only with industrialization did humanity put aside many of its most brutal practices. We are certainly not out of the woods, as industrial civilization begins collapsing.

So, here we are, on the brink of the Fifth Epochal Event. Bizarrely, the technology has long existed to make it happen, but is being suppressed by the global elite for reasons of power. Do we get over the hump, or slide back down to the bottom of the hill? And it will be a long way down, possibly even to the extinction of the species. The collapse of industrial civilization will not be pretty, and nuclear wars certainly cannot be ruled out, as the world's powers fight over the last easy oil. We are seeing the early stages of that fight today, playing out on the global stage, with the USA the leading belligerent at this time.

So, imagine that you were an aboriginal Australian who had the foresight to see that if nobody was able to create a peaceful place where agriculture could begin, that Australians would never get past their hunter-gatherer phase, and would be doomed to an existence of constant territorial warfare for the next 50,000 years. If you were that aborigine, what would you have done, what sacrifice would you have made, to try to get your people over that hump?

Humanity stands at a similar precipice today. We will either get over the hump into the Fifth Epochal Event, or global civilization will continue its decline and eventual collapse. The USA has been declining for 40 years, ever since its energy consumption peaked. The world reached Peak Oil in 2005-2006, and it will decline just as the USA has, but from a far lower initial plateau.

So, here we are. If only 0.0001% of the global population musters a little integrity and sentience, the Fifth Epochal Event will be a done deal. Compared to that, how important is voting?

But only when a comprehensive perspective is attained does that picture come into view. Only when people develop comprehensive perspectives can analogies of Australian hunter-gatherers and FE make any sense. Readers do not have to master the material in my big essay, but becoming conversant with it is required for being in the choir, because if an aspirant cannot at least begin to see that big picture, they will go hacking at branches, rush out and "do something" that can actually be suicidal, disappear into rabbit holes that are dead ends, etc.

Side-effects of that comprehensive perspective presented above are that a lot of New Age and "mystical" ideas begin to fall by the wayside. Humans had the mental and cultural equipment to domesticate plants and animals at least 60,000 years ago, but neither the need nor the opportunity presented itself. Human brains were actually larger 30,000 years ago, so domesticating plants and animals certainly was not an astounding mental feat. It was certainly no more impressive, relatively, than making the first stone tool or controlling fire. So, those creation myths or New Age and "channeled" tales that some space brothers or ascended masters came to Earth and taught people how to domesticate plants and animals seem pretty farfetched. If so, why did they punish Australians so? The state of the science explains the events pretty well, and invoking divine or ET intervention is certainly not necessary and seems like an easy way out and some kind of magical answer. I am not saying that there are no ETs, or that they are not visiting Earth, but what was their role in our development, if any? I hear plenty of tales, but I am skeptical of many of them, and only when they come into the open, if they come into the open, are we likely to find out.

Similarly, studying early civilizations, and how elites clambering to the top of the new hierarchies was common in all civilizations, leads to the idea that it was a kind of "convergent" societal evolution. They all had similar features, and elite-aggrandizing architecture was one of them, and they were all made of stone, at least for what has survived. I am skeptical of the "mystical" and "advanced technology" explanations behind megalithic architecture. I am not saying that there is nothing to pyramid energy, but all of the "star gate" and "ley line" explanations sure seem like a big stretch. If you look at Egypt's necropolis, you can see that it was put at the most impressive spot that the pharaohs could pick, overlooking the Nile Delta. That is almost certainly why it went there, not some mystical, esoteric energy explanation. The necropolis was just a seminal instance of elite self-aggrandizement to wow the commoners and justify the elite "job" of controlling the Nile's flood. When the floods failed, so did the divine status of the pharaohs.

Again, all early elites played the same game, whether it was Sumer, Egypt, Mesoamerica, China, or Peru. All of that "mystical" hocus pocus really detracts from seeing the big picture and refraining from hacking at branches and disappearing down rabbit holes. The first time that somebody makes the case of advanced technology in ancient civilizations, when they are not pointing to stone artifacts, they will have my attention. Stone Age people were good at working in stone! So were Bronze Age and early Iron Age peoples. Similar to the domestication issue, it really is an insult to those ancient peoples to think that they could not have done it on their own, but needed ET or ascended master help. If they really had some advanced technology, where are the remnants of that technology? I constantly encountered people speculating that such fine stonework could not have been accomplished with the tools of the day. I have yet to encounter a specialist in the field who thinks that way. Plenty of self-styled archeologists make the case for it, but I have never seen anything convincing, and that comprehensive perspective, which places those early civilizations into the context of their times, makes it pretty clear how valid all of those New Age and "mystical" explanations are. For many years, I heard about how the Mayans and Anasazi "ascended." As I performed my studies, it became clear that both civilizations collapsed because they overtaxed their environments and became susceptible to epic droughts of their time. That kind of stuff is just some of the chaff on the fringes, and mountains of it exist.

Literalist interpretations of ancient texts, whether they are made by religious fundamentalists or academics like Velikovsky and Sitchin, are in the same chaff bucket, as far as I have seen. There are a lot of those distractions out there. The energy issue is the big one, especially FE and the Fifth Epochal Event. All the rest is noise, including voting.

Back to editing.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th November 2014 at 21:52.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (5th November 2014), Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Melinda (6th November 2014), Nine (6th November 2014)

32. Link to Post #4198
    Thanks

Hi Seeker1972:

Thanks for writing. That language issue I have addressed my visionary chapter (race and nations would also quickly disappear, probably not in my lifetime, but they would be heading there quickly), as well as ocean cleanup, and the end of architecture and civil engineering as we know it. But they would only begin to play games that they currently have a hard time imaging, like domesticating the solar system. A lot of it will happen at a speed that might seem impossible or undesirable today, but I have found that humans can adapt pretty quickly. The Industrial Revolution is only 300 years old. In 300 years, I think that a world like this is attainable. I will not live to see it in this lifetime, but I can help launch us at it, and maybe I'll incarnate there in my next lifetime, to inspect my handiwork.

Thanks again for writing. It is nice to hear from the lurkers.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th November 2014 at 22:02.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (7th November 2014), Joseph McAree (5th November 2014), Krishna (25th June 2016), Limor Wolf (6th November 2014), Melinda (6th November 2014), Nine (6th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #4199
    Ilie Pandia

Hello,

I am going to play the devil's advocate here and try to answer this question:

Quote So, imagine that you were an aboriginal Australian who had the foresight to see that if nobody was able to create a peaceful place where agriculture could begin, that Australians would never get past their hunter-gatherer phase, and would be doomed to an existence of constant territorial warfare for the next 50,000 years. If you were that aborigine, what would you have done, what sacrifice would you have made, to try to get your people over that hump?
    I would firstly try to educate them on my insight and if that fails, I'd organize a hunting party and kill all the easy meat until there is none left. There will be plenty of food for a few days and then there would be agriculture or death!

This answer is based on the idea that man only changes when faced with deep crises. I believe that it is actually used as an explanation (at some level) to justify the crisis we find ourselves in! Some may believe that we need to burn Rome to the ground before we being to let it go and evolve into something else...

While reading Wade's essay I had this visual of Earth a bare planet, no life on it. Commenting if it was beautiful or not, "right" or "wrong", useful or useless in the Universe, I think is meaningless, because I would do it through my human filters.

Now go fast forward at great speed! At some point life showed up! And it was a battle to survive ever since... Imagine the first life form was red... a red dot. And that expanded and invaded all the places that it could, until it run own of whatever energy form it was consuming... Almost the entire planet was red... with a few yellow dots at the fringes. The red life form dies (runs out of energy) and now the yellow form invades the planet and spreads all over it can... The process happens over and over again... one form runs out of energy and another take it's place: a form that can "eat" what others cannot...

We now have the green life forms (the plants) that invaded the planet! Strange to think of a nice forest as an invasion force is it not ? But it is! Can we say that forests are truly in balance and (provided humans do not interfere) plants will be here forever? Is this green life form more beautiful that the red life form? Is it more deserving of this planet? It is parasite? A virus?

Run the clocks a few hundred million years into the future... What life form will dominate then?

Preserving "nature" can be seen as an effort to turn this planet into a static. To "freeze in time" the domination of the current life forms present, is it not? But make no mistake... at the fringes the next life form just waits for its chance to take over!

A formidable foe Life is! Ever changing... unrelenting...

I rest my case!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (7th November 2014), Joseph McAree (6th November 2014), Limor Wolf (6th November 2014), Melinda (6th November 2014), Nine (6th November 2014)

36. Link to Post #4200
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Run the clocks a few hundred million years into the future... What life form will dominate then?

Preserving "nature" can be seen as an effort to turn this planet into a static. To "freeze in time" the domination of the current life forms present, is it not? But make no mistake... at the fringes the next life form just waits for its chance to take over!

A formidable foe Life is! Ever changing... unrelenting...

I rest my case!
    This is an interesting line of thought!

It is indeed easy to think of preservation or even abundance as equaling a "static" state, but another option is to think of abundance being coupled with "dynamic" change that is a form of coevolution, rather than competitive.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th November 2014), Joseph McAree (6th November 2014), Limor Wolf (6th November 2014), Melinda (6th November 2014), Nine (6th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 536 FirstFirst 1 110 160 200 210 220 260 310 536 LastLast