Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8741
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,684 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I have been reading Noam’s Understanding Power this past week, and if you ever dropped a rock into his head, it would never hit bottom. Understanding Power is an adapted series of talks that Noam gave in the 1980s and 1990s, and like Barsamian’s interview-books, it is an easier reading experience than Noam’s written books. Ed was a better writer than Noam was, and in books like Understanding Power, you can understand Noam, the man, better, see his great heart at work, and what his concerns and interests are. Even when attacking him, his hack critics admit that his range and depth of thought is unequaled by any public intellectual on Earth, and it is easy to see why.

But I am going to make this a coda to my recent posts on Ralph. Ed was open to the idea that a conspiracy took out JFK, and was intrigued by my information on Gary’s John Tower conversation. Noam wrote a book that made the case that the CIA would not have been motivated to take out JFK. And as with my previous post on Ralph, I have had to understand the limitations in his, Ed’s, and Noam’s work, and within those limitations, their work was unparalleled, but none of them dealt with a lot of the reality that I encountered on my journey, and those subjects are vastly more important – the most important subjects on Earth, IMO – and the spooks play their role; not civil servants such as Ralph, but the contract agents and those working for private interests.

We got a little taste of it with John Perkins’s book, but even that only touches the surface of it, as Perkins was in “middle management” and nowhere near the top. The reality that my fellow travelers and I encountered can only be discovered by activities such as these:

Few, if any, of us were remotely prepared for what happened in the wake of those events, and those realities are far, far beyond what one will encounter by sifting through government archives, declassified documents, and media presentations, both in print and on TV. I can appreciate that Noam, Ed, and Ralph would not touch subjects like those, but it also meant that their work only dealt with a subset of the reality on Earth, does not acknowledge who really runs the show (and the so-called radicals have an ideological objection to the existence of such interests), and other limitations. When those limitations are understood, then such work can be extremely valuable. In a way, my work is similarly limited, as I don’t stray far past my experiences and those of my circles, which that list above represents.

Today, I am bombarded with all manner of conspiracist presentations, related to the coronavirus pandemic and other issues (and the heroic Trump is humanity’s last hope! ). I regard very little of it as valid, some such sources openly admit that their work is disinformation, and I still get presented information from poisoned wells such as those. Other than Ralph and a few others, I don’t trust what so-called whistleblowers report (at least those not behind bars or similarly skewered); almost all of them are compromised in some way, either being phonies from the outset, either free-lancers or spooks doing their jobs, or being fed disinformation or compromised in other ways. What is very evident is the nearly complete lack of discernment and paranoia amongst most in the conspiracist crowd, and my work can get lumped in with those highly dubious sources, unfortunately.

The spooks play a prominent role in all of that, and are a power unto themselves, but neither Noam and friends, nor the hyperventilating conspiracists, really see the big picture of what is happening. I’ll take the work of Noam, Ed, and Ralph over the wild yarns of so-called whistleblowers and conspiracist fantasies any day. Getting to the truth of what is really happening in Earth today, and how to right the ship, which is sinking fast, is like walking the razor’s edge. Vanishingly few people are fit for the task, I relinquished any judgment of the situation long ago, and keep trying what I think can make a dent.

So, Ralph’s, Noam’s, Ed’s, and Howard’s work was of the highest integrity, but it also pays to understand their work’s limitations, or mine.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 29th May 2020 at 17:04.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2020), gord (31st May 2020), Harmony (30th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), Reinhard (2nd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #8742
    Thanks

Hi:

As usual, I have several writing projects happening at once. I am finished with Ralph and the CIA for now, but the last post for now there is a good segue to that thread that I began on getting over the hump.

That list of events that my fellow travelers and I experienced you can take to the bank, as far as their authenticity goes. The only one of those that could be credibly questioned, in my mind, is the last, on UFOs’ flying over. That they flew over is not doubted, that they responded to those of us on the ground sure seemed to be the case, in my first two encounters, but if people want to challenge our interpretation, that is their right, but there is nothing like being there: armchair “skepticism” is worthless. For the others, there is no uncertainty to make the case for, other than just calling us all liars, but much of it is well-documented, such as putting the world’s best heating system on people’s homes for free, what happened when Dennis did, and what happened to us afterward, as we pursued free energy, or Brian’s qualifications.

The vast majority of people don’t even care about any of those events (while most in the peanut gallery, officialdom, and the media lie about them, or debunkers idiotically and dishonestly ply their trade), even when they choose embracing certain death over even questioning their conditioning. At best, the masses will have either a paranoid or tabloid-titillation orientation to those subjects, and are usually in some form of denial, if they are aware at all. The vast majority of humanity is going to stay on the scarcity and fear side of the hump until the Fifth Epoch arrives, and I accepted that long ago. I don’t seek to engage the masses; been there, done that, several times. Nobody is home.

There is no institution, governmental, corporate, or charitable, no “progressive” or environmental organization,” other than the few already devoted to the issue (and they are all stuck in the field’s state of arrested development), which even credits the possibility of free energy and the Fifth Epoch, while the technology is older than I am but has been subjected to history’s greatest instance of organized suppression and cover-up. It is joined at the hip with the ET cover-up, and a lot of the technology that my friend was shown likely came from “captured” ET technology. Don’t expect any “philanthropists” to help, either, as they sit on the sidelines like vultures, ready to swoop in to commandeer the effort when there is easy money to be made. But try to find anybody to productively engage on that issue: they virtually do not exist, but are stuck on their side of the hump, in many ways, such as Salla’s USA-worship.

These are all really just more examples of my journey’s primary lesson, as people get stuck in their comfort zones, and I long ago realized that I seek needles in haystacks. But what about those needles? How can they get over the hump to be productive participants in the most important issue on Earth? I have listed their qualities plenty of times and do not need to belabor it, and this series of posts will be on that hump and how to get over it, for each stuck group. No group will get over that hump before the Fifth Epoch, but members of each can, particularly when they finally recognize how stuck those groups are and why. From what I have seen, it all revolves around an addiction to scarcity, in one way or another, and that addiction can be very subtle.

I’ll take Noam for instance. He denies that the murder of JFK was in any way significant to how the USA operates. I read it again last night in Understanding Power. You can take it to the bank that Oswald was no Lone Nut assassin, and neither was Ruby. They were both up to their eyeballs in the operation that killed JFK, but, as Oswald said before Ruby permanently silenced him, he was the unwitting “patsy” in the operation, which became the MO for the next generation of American assassinations and attempts, with a “Lone Nut” with intelligence connections served up each time, and Noam dismisses all of that as unimportant. In a way, he is right. All retail politics is unimportant, everywhere on Earth. None of it is anywhere near the levers of power on Earth. In my opinion, the office of the American presidency was permanently demoted with JFK’s murder, and what the GCs told Greer, nearly 30 years ago, that the sitting American president and head of the CIA were completely in the dark on the important issues, kind of sums up retail politics in the USA: it is all for show. Near his life’s end, Brian informed me that electoral politics in the USA was a “dead end,” and he would have known.

Interestingly, Noam said the same thing: electoral politics by itself is meaningless. Only strong grass-roots efforts have a chance of favorably impacting the political process, but Noam and friends deny the very existence of those levels of power and control that my circles encountered when they tried making a dent. I later saw Noam’s pals invoke their ideological objections to even the existence of such interests. And that, more than anything else, is why the “Left” is stuck where it is, and it took me many years to finally understand. They have embraced the rationalist-materialist paradigm, and instantly reject anything that does not conform to it, while calling conspiracism a form of religious zealotry, while their own position amounts to adherence to only a different kind of faith, which is easily falsified with only a little work, and history’s greatest scientists had no use for that faith, ironically. The “Left’s” blindness is intentional.

Noam called the situation of free energy and its organized suppression “tantalizing” when I first contacted him in 1992, but he quickly dismissed the issue. I have yet to see anything that he has done since then that even acknowledged the possibility of free energy, while he calls Global Warming humanity’s greatest existential risk, when free energy would solve the problem almost overnight, as a side-effect. That entrenched denial can be awesome to witness, and Noam is in my pantheon. If he is among the best of the best, and is as stuck as he is, what chance do we have? Well, I have not given up yet, and keep hunting for those needles and making my material as good as I can. The coming essay update and probable book may well be my last, greatest effort on that score, and we will see how it goes.

For now, it is back to my upcoming essay on the Propaganda Model and Wikipedia, and the concurrent effort to update Ed’s bio, and then it is off to the essay update.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 31st May 2020 at 16:18.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th May 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (1st June 2020), gord (31st May 2020), Joseph McAree (1st June 2020), kudzy (30th May 2020), Reinhard (2nd June 2020), Servant Limestone (31st May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #8743
    Thanks

Hi:

After nearly a month with my Kindle, I am getting the hang of it. I resisted going to electronic books for many years. The closest situation to this in my life was in 1994. In my day job at that trucking company, I bought and maintained our computers, which were PCs running on DOS, before Windows existed (everything before version 3.1 was junk, and it took Microsoft ten years to finally copy Apple’s operating system sufficiently). When Apple’s PowerPC laid an egg, I was forced into joining the evil empire for my personal computers, and I have been on Windows machines ever since. They have come a long ways since 1995, I’ll grant them that. It is not lost on me that Amazon and Microsoft are headquartered where I live, for one of my life’s many ironies.

With electronic books, you kind of rent them. Oh, I have rights of ownership, of a sort, as long as they stay on the Kindle, and I went that way because Amazon will likely be around for the rest of my lifetime, and if so, I won’t lose the books that I bought electronically through Amazon. I may end up losing most of my library as I downsize my life, but likely won’t lose the Kindle books.

The Kindle is a buggy little device, but not fatally so. I can live with it. There are definite disadvantages to the Kindle over paper books, but there are also some nice advantages. One is the instant access. While working on my new essay and updating Ed’s bio, I came upon National Security Cinema. I had already cited the main author, Matthew Alford, in Ed’s bio, but National Security Cinema was the basis of his work. When I came upon his work again, in an interview in this Kindle book, I decided to buy National Security Cinema, and was reading it a few minutes after ordering it through Amazon. It is hard to overstate that kind of convenience. I hope that I live to see the end of copyright protection and intellectual “property,” and that will only happen in the Fifth Epoch, when everybody is richer than Bill Gates and the idea of “property” becomes obsolete. People won’t write, produce art, or do anything to make money so that they can eat and have a roof over their heads, but for the love of it.

National Security Cinema is a groundbreaking work on how the military, CIA, and FBI have influenced Hollywood for the past century. The military has been the most influential, by far, but the CIA has been very active since the 1940s and even before the CIA was established, by its OSS predecessor, but the FBI has been less active since Hoover’s tenure ended. Those national security agencies were involved with literally thousands of films and TV shows, and much of the CIA’s involvement, for instance, is still covered up. Basically, those organizations not only influenced the making of those films and TV shows, but they could also prevent them from being made. Their influence often turned the original scripts on their heads, changing them from anti-military to pro-military, such as the Ironman movies. In the end, nearly all movies and TV shows that those national security organizations influenced burnished the images of those organizations, and if the shows presented some warts, it was nearly always in the context of rogue actors who betrayed the benevolent intentions of those organizations.

National Security Cinema also showed how the “helping hand” was often not even needed, as the jingoist Rambo movies, American Sniper, Munich, and other movies already glorified militarism (in Munich, Mossad was glorified by the same guy who made Saving Private Ryan into such a flag-waver), without any assistance from those organizations.

In the interview in Propaganda in the Information Age, Alford again stressed that the Propaganda Model was not as applicable to entertainment as the news, but that there was a similar process. He also made a good point that the Propaganda Model’s news filters seemed passive, while the term “propaganda” usually refers to more active deceptions than just filtering out what is objectionable. I think that the concept of “amplifier,” as well as filter, may help make the structure clearer, and Ed’s work clearly showed how plainly false stories get turned into the “truth” in media mythology, even long after being exposed, such as the Bulgarian Connection on the assassination attempt on the pope.

Ed and Noam’s Propaganda Model was always about describing how the media operated, not how effective it was, but Alford discussed studies that showed how viewers became pro-torture when it was positively depicted in the TV show 24, for instance. The USA has long been Torture Central.

I think that it is obvious that such propaganda has an impact on public perceptions. I was raised with the brainwashing, just like my fellow Americans, and left home thinking that Junípero Serra was some kind of hero, along with Columbus, Washington, Custer, etc. It wasn’t until after my first radicalizing stint with Dennis that I began to awaken to all of the fake hagiography that I was raised with, as genocidists and mass-murdering thieves were transformed into saints and heroes.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 31st May 2020 at 16:08.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (1st June 2020), gord (31st May 2020), Joseph McAree (1st June 2020), kudzy (31st May 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Servant Limestone (31st May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #8744
    Thanks

Hi:

I just expanded this section of Ed’s bio, to partly address my previous post, to read:

A chapter of TPMT dealt with the marginalization of the PM in mainstream academic literature, to the extent that academics were advised to remove all references to Chomsky from their work, so that they would not risk the “costs” that they might bear for publicly agreeing with Chomsky’s positions. That chapter’s author, Piers Robinson, stated what Chomsky also did: the PM can be applied to academia and other intellectual pursuits.

Robinson discussed the actual creation of propaganda, not just how the PM’s filters produced inaccurate reporting by allowing favored facts to filter through while others are filtered out. Robinson observed that actual lies of commission are relatively rare and are a “high-risk political strategy,” which can end political careers if exposed. Howard Zinn wrote about a similar dynamic in academia. Robinson noted that lies of omission are the standard means of propaganda production, along with exaggerating facts germane to the propaganda goal, to create skewed presentations to deceive audiences, which even the propaganda’s creators may not be entirely aware of. Robinson argued that studies of such dynamics of propaganda creation in the Western media could be used to meaningfully extend the PM.

Robinson discussed the Bush administration’s campaign, aided by British intelligence, going back as far as 1991, to portray Iraq’s WMD as an imminent threat, in order to justify the 1990s sanctions regime and the 2003 invasion, but the WMD claims were later shown to have no basis in earthly reality.

Robinson noted how Amnesty International became a conduit of propaganda dissemination, such as when it held a press briefing in 2011, during the USA-led NATO bombing and invasion of Syria, on the Gadaffi regime’s alleged human rights violations. However, a subsequent Amnesty International investigation could not corroborate any such claims of human rights violations.

Robinson discussed the White Helmets operation in Syria, and how it has been portrayed in the media as an organization of independent humanitarians. But it was founded by a member of British intelligence (who committed suicide in 2019), at least one government document has shown that the White Helmets organization is funded as part of the USA/UK’s regime-change strategy for Syria, it only operates in opposition-held areas, has undoubtedly been used for media propaganda purposes, and a film about them even won an Academy Award in 2016.

Robinson wrote that the PM has entered public consciousness, and that:

“The model and their work has been a major service to critical thinking and, ultimately, democracy. It is the experience of this author, with 20 years of teaching in higher education, that many more students today are aware of the structural failings of mainstream media than was the case in the 1990s. Referencing and talking about the Propaganda Model seems to elicit fewer smirks and knee jerk reactions than was the case 20 years ago. Progress has been made.”

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 31st May 2020 at 17:13.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (1st June 2020), gord (31st May 2020), Joseph McAree (1st June 2020), kfm27917 (3rd June 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Servant Limestone (31st May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #8745
    Thanks

Hi:

While I read Understanding Power, Noam teed off on the Kennedy administration from the beginning, and I have been reading up once again on the JFK administration and JFK’s eventual murder. Noam made the case, in a book and elsewhere, that the CIA was an obedient servant of the presidency. You sure won’t get that idea when reading The Devil’s Chessboard or JFK and the Unspeakable, which RFK, Jr., endorsed, for the first time that the Kennedy family publicly endorsed the conspiracy angle on JFK’s assassination, although they told the Soviet Union mere weeks after JFK’s murder that he was killed in a domestic conspiracy, and their message revolved around the murder weapon, which they did not believe was genuine. I don’t, either.

My reading of JFK and the CIA is very different from Noam’s. Even though the John Tower conversation clearly shows CIA involvement in JFK’s death, Tower spoke of the CIA more as chumps that the real assassins used. Maybe so (but highly doubtful), but JFK and the CIA never saw eye-to-eye, from the very beginning. A few things bother me about Noam’s stance, which include:

• The difference between JFK the man and his administration;
    • Noam said that the JFK administration’s policies were indistinguishable from his predecessors and successors – just more imperialism – so that there was no reason to murder him, from a policy perspective;
    • That the CIA obediently did JFK’s bidding;
    • That trying to understand why JFK was killed is a waste of time for the “Left,” and has served to distract it.

This will take more than one post to cover, and it is a painful area for me, as Noam is in my pantheon. Ed was onboard with the idea that JFK was taken out by a conspiracy, and one of LOOT’s cover stories was the JFK hit and how the Establishment was attacking Oliver Stone’s JFK before the movie was even finished.

In ways, I agree with Noam. In Understanding Power, Noam discussed how presidents were relatively powerless, going with the elite program, as huge forces impinge on the office. I have said for many years that American politicians have to sell their souls to get to any national elected office. The last time that I voted for president was for Nader in 2000, and I learned my lesson, as Ed also did. The game is completely rigged, and Trump is an aberration, riding to office on the frustrations of the abandoned American worker.

JFK’s outlook was dramatically impacted by World War II, as his brother and many friends died in it, and JFK was cynical about the glories of war, particularly after the USA gratuitously dropped atom bombs on Japan. Europe’s imperial powers were greatly weakened by World War II, and its colonies sought freedom as soon as they could, and India, Africa, Indochina, Indonesia, and elsewhere began agitating for the end of colonial rule. JFK was an open advocate of decolonization long before he became president. He was friends with fellow Irishman Joe McCarthy (who even dated JFK’s sisters), but never signed on with his witch hunts (JFK’s dad was a McCarthy fan, but JFK wasn’t). JFK was anticommunist, which was the American religion of the day, but his approach was dramatically different from what preceded and succeeded him.

The Dulles brothers sold Eisenhower on a “cheap” form of foreign policy, which amounted to threatening the world with nuclear attack and covert action, which was a lot cheaper than invading Korea, for instance.

Noam often laid the Vietnam War at JFK’s feet, but I regard it as kind of bizarre. Indochina has been invaded by imperial powers for thousands of years, going back to early imperial China. As Europe conquered the world, the French got Indochina as a consolation prize in its competition with the British, and British industrial might was the difference. When World War I ended, Ho Chi Minh petitioned for Vietnamese independence, and did so again during World War II, as he led the effort against the Japanese invaders, and then fought off American-backed efforts for France to recolonize it, which ended in 1954, the same year that the USA overthrew Guatemala’s government, the year after it overthrew Iran’s government, as the Dulles brothers’ first imperial act of the Eisenhower administration.

When World War II ended, the world’s colonized peoples took advantage of European weakness and sought independence. Early in his political career, JFK made famous speeches that were sympathetic to decolonization, and he was the most tolerant president of communism during the entire Cold War. His Peace Corps and Alliance for Progress were attempts to use the carrot instead of the stick in his anticommunist efforts.

During one of Allen Dulles’s infamous presidential briefings, Eisenhower ordered the murder of the Congo’s first elected leader, and it was carried out only a few days before JFK’s inauguration. The photo of JFK’s getting the news, after he had been in office for a month, is an indelible image. The CIA knew that JFK would never authorize such an act, and in all of Noam’s criticisms of JFK, I have never seen him mention JFK’s African stance, which was an about-face from Eisenhower’s. While Eisenhower privately called African diplomats “niggers” and asked that they not be invited to the White House, JFK openly embraced them and even invited them into his private residence at the White House, to meet Jackie and the kids. Those African diplomats never forgot those acts, and some of JFK’s staunchest allies were African leaders.

What I find ironic is that what the USA did to Indonesia, and how the USA supported the multiple genocides that Suharto inflicted, which Noam and Ed wrote about from the beginning, was another 180-degree turn, that time from JFK’s stance toward Indonesia. Sukarno actually coined the term “Third World” and led the non-aligned movement, and JFK was sympathetic and respectful. Not only did JFK host Sukarno in April 1961, soon before his murder, JFK accepted an invitation to visit Indonesia, and also planned to visit the Soviet Union, as JFK attempted to end the Cold War. You won’t find any discussion of that in Noam’s writings.

When JFK was murdered, on his desk was an appropriation bill for Indonesian aid that JFK would have signed as a routine measure, but Lyndon Johnson refused to, which signaled a dramatic shift in early 1964, and the next year Sukarno was overthrown in a genocidal coup. JFK would have never authorized something like that.

Allen Dulles was the de facto leader of the Warren Commission, and soon afterward, he made his animosity toward the man who fired him very clear, stating:

That little Kennedy….he thought he was a god.”

During the examination of JFK’s bloody clothing, which horrified the other Warren Commission members, Dulles cracked a macabre “joke,” “By George, the president wore a clip-on tie!” But Noam completely absolves the CIA of even any motivation for JFK’s murder.

There is a lot more to write on this subject, and I’ll work it in as I work on Ed’s bio and my new essay.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 2nd June 2020 at 00:48.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2020), Gracy (1st June 2020), Joseph McAree (1st June 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #8746
    Thanks

Hi:

I have been asked to comment on current events, and was thinking about doing so, anyway, so here goes. When I wrote that 2020 would not be dull, I had no idea.

In many ways, humanity has its toes over the edge of the abyss, and whether we make it over the hump or not will come down to integrity and sentience. I see no other way out. The ETs or GCs are not going to come save the day, and there are not enough like Dennis, Brian, and the like on Earth today for the heroic approach to work. It is up to the rest of us, and we have to learn to paddle our own canoe. The technology to usher in the Fifth Epoch is older than I am, so this is not really an issue of technology. As long as humanity lives in scarcity and fear, this nightmare will continue, and might get far worse.

The USA is history’s richest and most powerful nation, and has far and away committed more crimes since World War II than any other nation. Blum’s Killing Hope is getting dated in ways and will never be updated again, as Blum died recently, but it is still the single best volume on that subject. Noam and Ed wrote on the subject since the 1960s, when the invasion of Vietnam heated up. As Uncle Howard wrote, in scale, intensity, and duration, the USA is history’s most racist nation.

So, committing vast international atrocities while at home, racism, bigotry, sexism, and the like are alive and well, if under siege in ways, is nothing new in the USA. I have written plenty that Hitler was not so much an aberration as the logical conclusion of the Western mentality. He literally modeled his plans for Eastern Europe after the Anglo-American experience in North America: invade and exterminate the natives, to make way for the racially superior “settlers.” Hitler learned his antisemitism from one of the USA’s leading industrialists, whom the Third Reich bestowed a medal on. As Noam has written, when Hitler rose to power, the Third Reich modeled its race laws after American race laws, but they considered American race laws too extreme, so crafted a watered-down version of American race laws.

I am too young to have been aware of the Watts Riots, but the Rodney King verdict riots are a vivid memory, obviously. The same county “justice” system that kangarooed Dennis into prison, where the authorities repeatedly put him in position to be murdered by the inmates, rendered the King verdict. While I am sympathetic to Gary’s rendition of the trial and why that verdict was rendered, I doubt it.

Lynchings were performed in festive atmospheres in the USA not that long ago. The beginning of Howard’s awakening was when a blow from a policeman’s club rendered him unconscious when he was a teenager and participated in a protest. Racism is largely a European invention. Until Europe began sailing the high seas and conquering humanity, it was the rare person who traveled more than a few miles from where he/she was born. Heck, my father was born and raised in Bellingham and never got more than ten miles from where he was born, until he was 16, the same year that he saw his first black person, who took a break as the train passed through town. During humanity’s agrarian Epoch, few people ever left the villages where they were born. It was only when humans could get on a boat in Europe and get off on a distant continent, where people always had a different skin color, that racism made its rise into a hallowed institution.

The enslavement of Africans is one of the greatest demographic catastrophes in the human journey, and they were first brought to the Western Hemisphere when the enslaved natives died out under the European lash, in the human journey’s greatest demographic catastrophe, as an entire hemisphere was depopulated. As I have written plenty, slavery as an institution was as old as civilization, and only ended when the Industrial Revolution’s machines made brute human labor uneconomical, not because humanity suddenly grew a conscience. Only three centuries ago, if you had tried to decry the evils of slavery to your fellow humans, everybody would look at you as if you were insane.

As Howard wrote about, while slavery was always primarily an economic institution, in the European Transatlantic phase of it, rising racism played right into slavery, and they mutually reinforced each other. Humanity has always treated outgroups terribly, and enslaving people of different skin colors and cultures came naturally to Europeans as they conquered humanity. The justifications for that benighted institution came in the earliest days of it, in the debates in Spain that Las Casas participated in. The English never held such debates during their imperial ascendance.

When antebellum slaves were taught to read, only one book was allowed: the Bible, which approved of slavery (Jesus certainly did not, but the editors were busy). The Anglo-American chapter of slavery is kind of unique. Because North America was always the richest continent on Earth, environmentally, its life expectancy was the highest on Earth from the beginning of the European invasion, and slaves usually lived around as long as the master class, unless they were considered expendable, as Indians were. So, the long life-expectancy, as well as the economics of North American plantation slavery, with its tobacco and cotton, which was not amenable to 24/7 operation, as Caribbean sugar plantations were, allowed for something unique: in North America, they could breed slaves. So, North America only received a half million slaves from the slave trade and bred the rest, and people born into slavery are far easier to manage than those captured and coerced into it. All the way to the USA’s Civil War, Southern slave owners not only made economic arguments for slavery, but also pointed to their Bibles to justify it.

When American slaves were finally freed in an industrializing USA, their ride was not easy. In the beginning, their lives could actually be worse, as a slave at least had guaranteed food and shelter. Sharecropping former-slaves lost those guarantees, and many even worked on the same plantations that they were slaves on and worked for the same master, but as employees instead of property. In some ways, the deal could be worse, and Southern racists have long promoted the reminiscences of former slaves of their halcyonic slavery days, but all that that showed was that humans could reminisce about anything, even the good old days in the death camps.

Jim Crow and lynchings soon made their appearance in the “liberated” South, and continued until my lifetime. One hiking pal grew up in Mississippi, eventually married a black woman, and told me that when he was a teenager, he worked at a gas station. He told me that he cleaned the gas station’s bathrooms, kind of. There were three bathrooms, one each for men, women, and “colored.” He cleaned the men’s and women’s bathrooms, but never the “colored” one, which became a stinking hell hole. I had long known about such practices, but that happened in the 1970s, after all of the so-called advances in the Civil Rights 1950s and 1960s!

The postwar boom was humanity’s most prosperous period, which ended with the first oil crisis, and the American standard of living has declined ever since. The postwar boom was a time of unprecedented increase in the black American standard of living, which has also declined ever since.

So, in that context, American racism is alive and well, and like with the Rodney King issue, about the only reason for what is happening today is that recording devices are far more prevalent, so these murders by American policemen and policewomen are being recorded by bystanders and broadcasted to the world via the Internet.

In recent days, there have been robberies and shootings near my home, and cities are going on lockdown, which even exceeds the COVID-19 lock-downs, as Trump is sending the military to American cities. Grim times. Maybe these days will awaken a few more people to what is happening and the stakes of the game. It won’t take many for my plan to work. In the Fifth Epoch, not only will racism end, but race will also.

What will it be, my fellow humans: heaven on Earth, or hell on Earth? The muddle-through middle-ground is quickly vanishing. If we don’t turn the corner in my lifetime, we might not ever turn it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd June 2020 at 23:51.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), Dennis Leahy (2nd June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (2nd June 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (2nd June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), kudzy (2nd June 2020), Mike (2nd June 2020), onevoice (3rd June 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (2nd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #8747
    Thanks

Hi:

Well, right after I made my previous post, I got news that my town just got put on curfew. Fun times!

Best,

Wade

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), kudzy (4th June 2020), onevoice (3rd June 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8748
    Thanks

Hi:

One coda to this morning’s post….

The USA’s imperial depredations, from the very beginning, had an intensely racist character to them (American slaves were 3/5s of a person in the hallowed Constitution). The American postwar similarities to Nazi Germany were no accident. The USA eagerly hired death camp Nazis and whitewashed their backgrounds, to give them a makeover and turn them into American heroes, which directly impacted my life.

And just like Nazi Germany did, the USA treated Russians, Slavs, and Serbs as not-quite-white, which was evident in our war against Serbia, the demonization of Russia to this day, and so on.

But, the worst treatment was reserved for non-whites. We would have never dropped atom bombs on white people, the fighting in the Pacific Theater in World War II was an intensely racist affair, and the “Mere Gook Rule” accompanied our genocides in Southeast Asia. Similarly, our victims in Oil Country are called “towel-heads” and the like, and a slaughtered Albanian civilian was given about 25,000 times the media attention of a slaughtered Hutu refugee. These are time-honored ways to dehumanize the people we murder, and what happens today in American civilian society is an echo of that. We can’t ameliorate just one of them: they are joined at the hip.

Best,

Wade

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), kudzy (4th June 2020), onevoice (3rd June 2020), Reinhard (3rd June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #8749
    Thanks

Hi:

Long before anybody ever glimpses the higher levels of Earth’s power structure, it is evident how low-ranking elected officials are, even American presidents. JFK is the last president who didn’t quite understand his place in the pecking order. How he was treated was not lost on his successors, and while he was alive, he often remarked on how limited his power was. He could not force people being liberated from colonialism to embrace capitalism. He felt the power of Congress to impede his activities, although he felt relatively powerless when he was in Congress.

Today, there is all manner of stürm und drang over the “deep state,” and how it is trying to take Trump out, as he does not seem as pliable as Hillary. Actually, Trump and JFK are similar in that way, in that they did not come through the normal ranks of career politicians, but were rich long before they began their political careers, and Trump even more so, as the presidency is the only public office he ever filled.

When JFK came to office, the CIA had helped kill the Congo’s first elected leader only a few days previously, and JFK was not notified for nearly a month. What became the Bay of Pigs operation was already in motion when JFK took office. In my first quarter at the university, I had a management class taught by an ex-CIA officer and proud of it. He wrote the textbook we used, and one of the case studies was the “groupthink” that led to the Bay of Pigs debacle. But in JFK and the Unspeakable, the real story of the disaster is told, not for the first time, but in a lasting and relevant medium. When Allen Dulles made that disdainful remark about JFK, it was to a young journalist who would help Dulles tell his side of the Bay of Pigs operation.

In Allen Dulles’s notes that would have been the basis of his Bay of Pigs story, he told of how the CIA intended to manipulate JFK, who had serious misgivings about the operation from the outset. As one of his friends remarked, Dulles was never so happy as when he was overthrowing governments. As he showed in Iran and Guatemala, he knew how to do it, and Dulles never expected that rag-tag band of CIA mercenaries to overthrow Castro on their own. His notes revealed that the plan was for the CIA operation to secure the beachhead, announce their counterrevolutionary government, and wait for the USA and friends to provide open military support. JFK, from the very beginning of his presidency, was against the idea of any American combat troops. The CIA’s Bay of Pigs operation was intended to goad JFK into sending in the American military to “assist” the mercenaries and provide air support at minimum. Otherwise the operation would fail, and JFK would be publicly humiliated. When JFK backed off, it stunned the CIA, and as JFK would say, “They had me figured out all wrong.”

As this article states, the leading researchers are not far apart on who performed the JFK hit and why. My Rosetta Stone will always be the John Tower conversation, and it fits right in there, pretty much perfectly. The real assassins brilliantly sucked in the CIA, FBI, and military bureaucracies, and had allies who were in CYA mode from almost the very beginning. That was ingenious. Officialdom would never admit its participation, even to the slightest degree. I regard the Operation Northwoods revelations as only the icing on the cake.

But Noam has never productively engaged those facts that I ever saw, and repeatedly failed to understand the distinction between JFK and the administration that he inherited. Mere days after the Bay of Pigs disaster, there was a coup attempt in France, and de Gaulle made no bones about it: the CIA was behind it. JFK told France that he was unable to control his spooks, but immediately set out to fix the mess. He soon made a trip to France, to assure de Gaulle, and had Jackie in tow, who was fluent in French and obviously dazzled de Gaulle. JFK and Jackie were the original rock stars in the White House.

The next year, de Gaulle was nearly killed in an assassination attempt by CIA-related hit men, in an ambush that looked very like the operation that killed JFK in Dallas, and de Gaulle himself had no doubt that they were related. JFK soon removed all covert action responsibilities from the CIA and gave them to the military, began defunding the CIA, fired the top CIA brass, including Dulles, and installed his brother Bobby to overlook the CIA. JFK told a high-ranking official, in the wake of those events in the spring of 1961, that he wanted to break the CIA into a thousand pieces and “scatter it to the wind.” When JFK was murdered, the first thing that Bobby did was walk into a CIA office and accuse them of doing it.

A month after the assassination, Harry Truman wrote an article that called the CIA an out-of-control spook organization that was wildly at variance with his intention for it when he authorized its founding. Nobody with a clue missed the timing of Truman’s article, and Dulles, spook to the end, soon met with Truman, tried to get him to disavow that article, and later authored an outrageous disinformation memo, stating that Truman was demented and did not even recognize the article as his. To the contrary, clear-headed Truman stuck to his position until his death.

In Understanding Power, Noam said the “Left” wasted so much time and energy trying to find out what mafia members performed the hit, but I have not seen a serious researcher who really cared all that much. Hit men are hit men, and they likely were either mobsters or CIA contract agents, maybe even brought in from outside the USA, but serious researchers care far less about that than who employed them and why, and on that score, Noam’s Rethinking Camelot is a failure, sadly.

Noam makes the case that JFK’s withdrawal plans for Vietnam are mispresented, and that JFK would not have withdrawn for anything short of victory. However, his stance on Cuba and Laos, for instance, belies that idea. JFK backed off on both. From the very beginning of his presidency, JFK had to shoot down the Joint Chiefs and other military advisors, who were eager to drop nuclear weapons on Vietnam and elsewhere. That lunacy partly inspired Dr. Strangelove.

JFK was surrounded by spooks and hawks, and did his best to reign them in. But they prevailed, and as soon as Johnson assumed the presidency, it was an about-face on most of JFK’s foreign policy stances. Even Castro was more sympathetic to JFK’s Alliance for Progress than Noam was, Castro eventually admitted that JFK and Khrushchev were right in how they handled the Cuban Missile Crisis, and finished by saying to American officials in 1978 that JFK “was an outstanding man.” JFK had back-door discussions with Khrushchev and Castro after the Missile Crisis, soon pushed through the test-ban treaty, repeatedly proposed a joint American-Soviet mission to the Moon, and planned to visit the Soviet Union in 1964 and formally end the Cold War. You won’t find Noam discussing any of that. I am with Uncle Mike on this one (1, 2). Soon before JFK was murdered, Dulles wrote from his “retirement” and stated that JFK had erred in trying to get the world to love the USA. Dulles argued for fear and respect, not love.

In December 1963, a month after the assassination, Johnson told the Joint Chiefs, “Just get me elected, and then you can have your war.”

Unlike Noam, Ed largely confined his work to media analysis, and did not get in as much trouble as Noam did with his wide-ranging work. As great as Noam is, he did not always get it right.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd June 2020 at 16:11.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd June 2020), gord (4th June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), Reinhard (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #8750
    Thanks

Hi:

I am not sure what was more untenable in the official explanation: framing Oswald as a Lone Nut, or Ruby. Gary knew that Ruby was no two-bit hustler, but a high-ranking mobster. Since Ruby was a Jewish mobster, the Jewish angle on the JFK hit deserves to be taken seriously. I doubt that they were the masterminds, and just the hired help, but help that also wanted to see Castro overthrown so that the Mob could set up shop in Havana again. This issue is directly connected to my life, in ways that I cannot publicly disclose today, but what I can disclose is that my stepfather was there with the Rat Packers, when the Mob ran Vegas. I have lots of Mob connections, unfortunately.

Eisenhower stated that when he saw Ruby shoot Oswald on national TV, it felt like he was living in a “banana republic,” and he did not need to amplify his MIC speech.

With JFK’s death, several dramatic changes immediately were set in motion. A joint mission to the Moon was out, and the Space Race was back in, which saw me live in Houston. Instead of JFK’s visiting Sukarno in Indonesia (Sukarno actually had a facility built, in preparation for JFK’s visit), instead of a visit to Khrushchev in the Soviet Union, to officially end the Cold War, instead of a withdrawal from Vietnam, the CIA fomented a coup in Indonesia in 1965, and a million or so civilians were murdered, with avid CIA assistance, the Cold War heated up, and the USA instigated the Gulf of Tonkin incident, to justify the escalation in Vietnam. Not only did Mr. Mentor invent a bomb that ended warfare and did not harm people, one of his innovations was used to fake the Gulf of Tonkin incident (the second “incident,” I believe).

In 1967, Daniel Ellsberg, before his Pentagon Papers fame, met with Bobby Kennedy, and asked about why JFK would not commit ground troops to Vietnam. Bobby angrily replied that he and Jack visited Vietnam in 1951 and saw what the French recolonizing effort was like, and Jack never wanted Americans to do that. It was a catastrophe for all involved. What Johnson did was a 180-degree turn from what JFK intended.

Best,

Wade

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd June 2020), gord (4th June 2020), Gracy (3rd June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), kudzy (4th June 2020), Mike (3rd June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #8751
    Thanks

Hi:

For a little addendum to my recent racism and police posts (1, 2), there are many pernicious aspects of this situation. The militarization of the police began in the 1950s, with the Civil Rights Era and McCarthyism, and has been glorified in the media with SWAT shows, including one that airs today. There are long-standing laws to keep the military from acting as policemen, but Trump’s recent announcement, of calling in the military, is another sign of the times.

The USA has long had the world’s largest prison population, and people of color are highly overrepresented in them, for another racist aspect of our system. When Dennis was in prison, the inmates were self-divided into mutually hostile groups: whites, blacks, and Latinos. Nobody was supposed to cross those lines, but Dennis did. And because the first attempt by the prison officials to have him murdered by the inmates failed, as his intended assassin became his protector instead, Dennis was alone in being able to cross the racial lines. So, racism can also be self-enforced by its victims.

In the good ol’ American capitalist way, prisons have been getting privatized in my lifetime, and there are instances of states’ signing contracts with the private prisons, guaranteeing a minimum level of inmates, and there are cases of judges’ getting commissions for each person sent to prison. I have even heard of it here in Seattle, in which one judge a pal knew of sent somebody to prison each week, whether “justified” or not, as if he had a quota to reach. Heaven help anybody before that judge on a Friday in a week that he had not yet sent anybody to prison. Talk about perverse incentives. Michael Moore estimated that up to half of the USA’s prison population is innocent of the crimes that they are incarcerated for, which may well be a reasonable estimate, and the Kangaroo Court that we found ourselves in is not that unusual, particularly for California. On a related note, my favorite county is making the news again!

We even have a new era of slave labor, in which prisoners work in factories that have been moved into prisons, where the labor force is, in the strongest sense, captive. Back in the 1990s, when Bill Gates reigned as Earth’s richest human, there was a bit of a scandal in Washington when it was reported that Microsoft used prison labor in Washington to ship its software. But they still use it today. Look at this roll call of companies that use prison labor. There is no sign of this practice letting up, and Microsoft actually recently agreed to treat its prisoner-workers better, which has echoes to the defenses of Founding Fathers such as Thomas Jefferson, as his defenders stressed how well he treated his slaves, although he never freed any in his lifetime, and the ones that he freed upon his death were likely his children. So, Bill Gates, that noted “philanthropist,” will have future defenders who will note how well Microsoft treated its prison laborers, as they will excuse that practice.

With the spate of recent police murders of black citizens in particular, there have been calls to change police training, which has become increasingly militarized and treats the citizenry as the enemy. Grim times, but this can all end, if I can find those needles in haystacks.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th June 2020 at 13:47.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #8752
    Thanks

Hi:

I really could go on and on regarding the JFK hit, but let me try to wrap it up with this post. For starters, my goal has always been far more modest than that of most JFK hit researchers, who nearly invariably try to solve the crime. The crime will never be definitively solved. All of the best evidence was destroyed long ago, there has been too much muddying of the waters, much of that was intentional, as it has been with the ET cover-up, and the independent researchers have often been their own worst enemies. My goal has always been to just demonstrate that the so-called “investigation" of JFK’s murder was a farce from the beginning, and putting Allen Dulles on the commission, who despised the man who fired him, made it very clear, for those with eyes to see, how it was all going to turn out. The Warren Commission was a whitewash effort from the outset. Dulles was the de facto leader of the Warren Commission, and sent a “Lone Nut” book to all of the other commission members before they first convened, to grease those skids.

My unique distinction in the JFK milieu is that I was Gary’s friend, and you can take his reporting of the John Tower conversation to the bank, in that Gary reported it to the best of his recollection. Gary also tried to solve the crime, as professional investigators are wont to do, and tagged Jewish mobsters as the masterminds, but I doubt it. That Gary thought that way was very understandable, and Jewish mobsters were involved with the JFK hit, from Ruby’s involvement alone, whom Gary knew was no two-bit hustler, but a high-ranking mobster. Neither Oswald nor Ruby were Lone Nuts, but were part of the operation that got JFK killed. Ruby was in on it, while Oswald was a soon-to-be-dead chump, in his words, the designated “patsy.”

Of the many interactions that I have had over the years on the JFK hit, one of the most amazing was being approached by the original Watergate attorney, who guessed the identity of the gangster judge who helped make Gary’s life so miserable. That same attorney was told by E Howard Hunt that JFK was killed over the ET issue, and that makes perfect sense to me. However, I see the ET issue as more of a “last straw” issue, as plans were made to take out JFK long before he tried to end the Cold War and got serious about proposing a joint mission to the Moon with the Soviet Union. My guess is that that issue is where the ET issue arose, as NASA expected to encounter ETs on the Moon, which Greer has reported for many years, and that situation influenced Brian’s Moon-landing “skepticism.”

I have written about my painful disagreement with Noam on who had motivation to take out JFK. I am with Uncle Mike (1, 2) on that issue. While JFK was not far enough to the Left for the likes of Noam, he was not nearly far enough to the right for the Eastern Oligarchy and Military-Industrial Complex (“MIC”), who took JFK out, in my opinion. Ike warned of the MIC in his farewell address. David Rockefeller was JFK’s public policy adversary when he was president, which you can read more about in Battling Wall Street, and the Rockefellers helped ruin my life, so I don’t write about these subjects as some dispassionate scholar, but a fellow target.

The Dulles brothers, John McCloy (another Warren Commission member), and the Bushes, were Rockefeller fixers for their entire careers, and they all worked with the Third Reich, as either investors or enablers, and Allen Dulles and McCloy helped clean up the backgrounds of death camp Nazis, to turn them into American intelligence and Space Race heroes. The Rockefeller Empire went way back with the Third Reich and even before, to its cartel agreements with I.B. Farben, the inventor of Zyklon B and which ran the rubber works at Auschwitz, as German corporations clamored for concentration camp labor.

Dulles may well have been involved with planning the JFK hit, but his primary role on the Warren Commission was burying any and all evidence that Oswald was not a Lone Nut, including all of his intelligence and CIA connections. As Schweiker said, everywhere that you looked at Oswald, his intelligence connections leapt out at you.

The two best efforts that I have seen in the past generation on the JFK hit have been JFK and the Unspeakable and The Devil’s Chessboard. Both authors got in a little over their heads at times and made understandable mistakes and may have chased a red herring or two, which comes with the territory, but JFK and the Unspeakable is the best book that I know of that makes the motivation to kill JFK clear, while The Devil’s Chessboard is an Allen Dulles bio, which chronicles his preposterous journey.

There are so many instances of the Warren Commission’s burying the evidence, alteration of witness testimony, the untimely demise of witnesses, usually violently, that people really need to have their heads in the sand to believe anything that the commission came up with, including the ludicrous Magic Bullet theory. Gerald Ford’s reward for championing that theory won him the presidency, and he nearly got taken out twice, which would have put a Rockefeller on the throne, who also may well have been involved with planning the JFK hit, along with Hoover, Johnson, and Bush the First.

It seems that Dallas was just the latest in a line of assassination attempts that previously failed, such as in Chicago, Florida, and even earlier, which Richard Case Nagell seems to have foiled, and the Secret Service agent who tried to notify the Warren Commission of the Chicago plot (whom JFK hired to be the first black man to protect the president), was kangarooed into prison and force-fed brain-scrambling drugs, in something straight out of Orwell. What happened in Dallas was eerily similar to the attempt on de Gaulle’s life the year before, and de Gaulle was certain that JFK was taken out by a similar, CIA-run, operation.

JFK made too many enemies amongst the Eastern Oligarchy, taking on Wall Street, refusing to do the bidding of his hawks and spooks, and saved humanity as a result, and his attempts to pull out of Vietnam, going back to the beginning of his presidency, was arguably the last straw, but Vietnam was really small potatoes compared to making peace with the Soviet Union, which Kennedy was avid about, especially after barely averting a nuclear holocaust.

For all that swirled around JFK and his murder, I doubt that the GCs were involved, and it was more of a national issue, but they would have certainly taken interest when he snooped into the ET issue, which also shortened Brian’s life. In my opinion, the JFK hit was initiated from the Rockefeller side of the house somehow. While it is possible that they did not hatch the plot, per se, they were likely the final authorizer on it, and David Rockefeller handpicked all presidents since JFK, who all had no illusions about how expendable they were. They were all in the dark on the important matters on Earth, mere puppets reciting their lines, and George Bush the Second even had trouble doing that.

The office of the American president, and all elected officials on Earth, are way down the food chain of power on Earth, a hierarchy that the Left denies even exists, and that is one of their greatest failings, while the Right tends to paranoically focus on it, and both camps are united in thinking like victims. We have to think like creators, not victims, to get out of this mess, and creators create with love.

There is more to write on this thread’s topics, but I want to leave the JFK hit behind for now. More than almost any other public event, the JFK hit and its cover-up clearly demonstrate the complete illegitimacy of our current system of government. Retail politics is all for show, and the system is not worth believing in.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th June 2020 at 15:11.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2020), gord (4th June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #8753
    Thanks

Hi:

Because of my relationship with Gary, the JFK hit will always be a topic in my writings, and this post will try to create a sort of index of my writings on the subject.

My site’s essays are always going to be the most carefully written part of my work, and I deal with the JFK hit at length here.

I have also devoted a lot of forum work to the subject. My work on Gary and the JFK hit has been discussed in forums ever since I first published that essay in 2001. This thread dates back to 2005, and I joined that discussion for a brief time. I joined this discussion in the same forum in 2015.

During that effort, I made a thread devoted to Gary, which is in my forum, here. After forum members asked me to move it from that other thread from 2015, I made that thread on Gary at that forum. As is too typical when I post at forums, soon after I began that thread on Gary, a forum member trolled it. In true troll fashion, he did not challenge anything that I wrote about Gary and the JFK hit. He posted links to these two disinformation articles on Dennis (1, 2), the first of which I have written on before, as an example of when a psychopath took his mask off. That troll’s post consisted of those links, a picture of P.T. Barnum, and this quote, “There is a sucker born every minute!” That was the extent of his post, I let him know that trolling that thread in that way only exposed himself, I advised him to stop, and he made another sarcastic post, quoting Shakespeare that time. The next day, that forum’s admin erased my thread! I am too familiar with trolls and admins allying against me, and never posted at that forum again, but there are important posts at that forum, before I made that thread for Gary, which survives in my forum, here. I also made some JFK posts on another thread, beginning here.

I also have many JFK-related posts in my primary Dennis thread, beginning here. As I posted that thread on Dennis, a hopelessly naïve admin chased me out of another forum that I had been invited into, which I was also posting that thread to, but that forum was dominated by trolls and was even subjected to a criminal attempt to steal the forum, right after I joined it. That admin’s “research” on Dennis amounted to surfing the Internet and concluding that since I was about the only person on the Internet who did not libel Dennis, the libelers must be right, I was wrong, and I was promoting a criminal like Dennis. That admin was not intelligent enough, it seems, to understand that Dennis was long gone from the energy business when I made those posts, so I don’t know what he thought I was “promoting,” and that forum soon went defunct. The fact that I was the only person on the Internet backing up my writings with documentation (and the only person who actually participated in those events), not lies made from the thin air, sailed right over that admin’s head. Those have been typical forum experiences for me, and I will no longer post at troll-filled venues. I have never had an Internet oasis quite like the one that Bill and friends have hosted at Avalon.

I also recently began a thread on the JFK hit and related issues, here, and just finished the JFK part of that thread.

So, I expect that future JFK posts will largely be made to my JFK assassination thread (and I am also posting here (1, 2)), but we’ll see.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th June 2020 at 14:54.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2020), Joseph McAree (4th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #8754
    Thanks

Hi:

This will be a getting over the hump post. When people get over that hump, they attain these understandings:

On getting over the hump, events such as these (a subset and variation of the list, here), can go a long way toward getting over the hump:

While all of the events on that initial list can wake people up, the above list awakened all of the participants to realities of energy and technology that won’t be found on evening news shows. If those experiences did not get all of us all of the way over the hump, they at least took us partway there. We all at least knew that the current system did not welcome innovative energy technologies. Our fellow traveler who got his underground exotic technology show had no doubt about it afterward, while others got to various levels of awareness of the issue. What my close friend witnessed was not very surprising to any of us and is common knowledge in the milieu today. Nothing about human behavior or what technologies are in Godzilla’s Golden Hoard can surprise me. That just came with the journey.

I long pondered how to get people up that curve and over the hump, short of having free energy delivered to their homes. This might be the toughest nut to crack on Earth, and after witnessing thousands of reactions to the idea of free energy and the Fifth Epoch, I made this list of the levels of awareness, from the top of my head. Nearly everybody on Earth (around 99.99%) is stuck in something below Level 12, and Level 12 awareness is what my effort seeks to cultivate. To live on the initial side of the hump is to live in scarcity and fear, with the rest of humanity. On the other side lies abundance and love.

In our Camelot interview, Brian stated what people needed to get there. People can’t get there while rooted in their armchairs, embracing their comforting ideologies. Everybody that I know who truly awakened only got there via experience, usually by chasing their ideals. Until somebody has at least begun their awakening process, work like mine will either be seen as meaningless or a threat to their existence. They won’t begin to awaken until free energy is delivered into their lives, not before then, and that is normal. It makes no sense to judge the situation, but to just work with what we have to escape it. There is likely some cosmic reason for it, and the realization that the means become the ends has informed my efforts from the outset.

However, for those who have awakened to some degree, this series of posts is intended to help them escape their remaining indoctrination and conditioning, so that they can get over that hump.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th June 2020 at 14:06.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2020), Bluegreen (11th June 2020), gord (6th June 2020), Harmony (5th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), kudzy (5th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #8755
    Thanks

Hi:

As I read Understanding Power, Noam mentioned this book, by Rajani Kanth, on how the dispossession of the peasantry in England was critical to forming the first workforce of the Industrial Revolution. At $100 for a copy of it, I am going to pass. I read an excerpt from it, and have been reading this book of his for the past day, which was still $30 for a Kindle copy. In that Kindle book, the author argued against “modernity,” and called capitalism and socialism two poles of the materialism that came from the Enlightenment. That is all territory that I have already covered in my work at length, and I doubt that I can improve much, if at all, on my summary of the early economists and the violent way that the workforce of the Industrial Revolution was originally created. That author also discussed how men are primarily responsible for this world’s ills, of violence and exploitation, and it is also territory that I have long covered in my work.

As I write my essay update, we’ll see how much I end up reading that kind of scholarship. I have reached a stage of diminishing returns with stuff like that, as I am familiar with the main arguments and evidence, and I am the one advocating something that sinks all of those intellectual ships: abundance.

The Fifth Epoch will be the first one based on absolute material abundance, and I have pretty much not been able to find an academic or intellectual on Earth capable of even imagining it, which is normal. Their work is all about scarcity, and their “solutions” are all about reshuffling the deck of scarcity, whether it is famine relief, worker rights, capitalist critiques, environmentalism, and so on. Abundance ends the entire intellectual ballgame, and I think that it is part of why work like mine does not find much traction among “intellectuals,” as it upends their entire applecart. It is one of the reasons why I write in popularized style, not academic style.

The closest thing that I have seen to my work is called “post-scarcity,” but when I have reviewed those works, they have all fallen far short of the Fifth Epoch. For one thing, I have never seen energy abundance as the cornerstone of their post-scarcity scenarios, but it is all about AI, automated factories, and finding better ways to harvest solar energy. Those are only ancillary aspects of what the Fifth Epoch portends, and without energy abundance, the rest can’t happen.

Richard Stallman is considered one of the founders of the post-scarcity idea, but when I engaged him for a month, back in 2006, he was a heavily entrenched Level 3. We began receiving Level 3 responses in the earliest days of our free energy journey, and one of my watershed moments on that score was being kicked out of Owen’s home in 1990. I got Noam’s attention for an hour or two back in 1992, but I have never seen him even hint at the issue in his talks, as he calls Global Warming humanity’s chief existential risks these days. I could never get Ed’s interest, tried to introduce him to Brian several times, and Ed was honest enough to admit that energy and economy was a neglected area of his studies.

Encountering Heinberg and the Peak Oilers was educational, and came right after reading some of Uncle Bucky’s work. I took a page from Bucky’s work, and finally concluded that I was witnessing an addiction to scarcity. I later generalized it to an addiction to their scarcity-based frames of reference. I have seen nothing in the years since then to revise my opinion, and only get more confirmation as I watch people who say they seek solutions studiously ignore the one that solves nearly all issues, almost overnight, and the technology is older than I am!

It was mind-boggling to witness at first, but I now understand that it is normal, and is essentially just another variation of my journey’s primary lesson. None of those so-called intellectuals, even the greatest of them, could be persuaded to get out of their comforting intellectual easy chairs and pursue reality, especially the kind that my fellow travelers and I encountered. The reality that we encountered simply collapses those laboriously constructed houses of cards, and that is what I think I encountered repeatedly. What we discovered was simply too threatening to their sense of reality. In the end, it is just another variation of the challenges of becoming a truly sentient species, and I’ll agree with Kanth on the intellectual traps of the Enlightenment.

Those limitations on all intellectuals do not mean that we should not be literate, or scientifically literate, but for what I am attempting, my big essay is written at the level of scientific literacy that my approach requires (and the illiterate can’t read it ). It is really not that heavy of an intellectual lift. The most challenging part is for people to discard what they think they know, which is almost entirely indoctrination and conditioning. The people I seek have to have awakened already, and be ready to discard the comforting fictions of their conditioning. I recently discovered, via my nephew, that translators are quickly going out of business, as any web page can be quickly translated to most languages, so this Spanish translation of some of my essays is pretty much obsolete today. So, my potential audience is now virtually anybody who is literate with an Internet connection.

In a way, this is a “getting over the hump” post, which shows some of the ways that so-called intellectuals are stuck, even the most “enlightened” and “free thinking” of them, as they just can’t let scarcity go, even in their imaginations. That is just one of the many reasons why I say that the world as we know it will end in the Fifth Epoch, and on some level, almost everybody understands that, which is why they refuse to imagine it. Not everybody does, but the people who are willing and able to are very few and far between, and with few exceptions, such as Bucky and Brian, I have almost never met an intellectual who did, as they smoke their pipes in their armchairs. That is one reason why I became Brian’s biggest fan when he published Miracle in the Void, and carried his spears to the end.

It took me a long time to finally let all of that go and relinquish any judgment of the situation. It is just what it is, but as I plumb the intellectual depths out there, it is kind of amazing how uniform their delusions are, as they think that they are free thinkers, when they are as trapped as butterflies in a jar.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), gord (6th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), kfm27917 (8th June 2020), Melinda (6th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #8756
    Thanks

Hi:

We’ll see how much of this makes it into Ed’s bio (most likely will), which I drafted this morning.

Best,

Wade

In 2019, Propaganda in the Information Age: Still Manufacturing Consent (“PIA”) was published, which was edited by MacLeod and dedicate to Herman’s memory. PIA began with MacLeod’s discussion of the PM in the 21st century and its continued relevance, in which MacLeod quoted Robert McChesney’s introduction to a reprint of Herman’s assessment of the PM in the 1990s:

“The genius of Manufacturing Consent was that it opened an entirely new way of understanding the news media, not only for activists and people on the left, but also for more than one generation of students and young people trying to make sense of it. It introduced them to a new way of viewing the world from a critical perspective, and understanding the importance, possibility, and necessity of social change. There is no doubt that it is the most widely read and influential work on how to understand the US news media. It remains so, and is more relevant than ever, three decades after its publication.”

In MacLeod’s introduction to PIA, he discussed not the only the continuing relevance of the PM, but how its features had become widely accepted by consumers of Western media after a series of media scandals, and that in the USA and UK, journalists were some of the least trusted professionals in those societies, ranking below real estate agents and bankers and slightly above politicians, who were the least trusted professionals in the USA.

In MacLeod’s 2018 interview of Chomsky, which was PIA’s first chapter, Chomsky discussed his writing efforts with Herman, going back to CRV, how Manufacturing Consent was received by the media, and the continued relevancy of the PM in the Internet age.

In PIA’s second chapter, Zollmann discussed the PM in the 21st century, including the PM’s genesis in Herman’s work before the publication of Manufacturing Consent. Zollmann proposed additional filters (technology, agency (in which journalists actively advanced corporate and state interests in their reporting), gender, and race) to update the PM. In that chapter, Zollmann discussed research results on the media in Europe, including the issue of CIA-directed Cold War propaganda campaigns, and how class conflict, sexism, and racism distorted journalism. Zollmann wrote that while the media seemed to become more “fragmented” in the 21st century, his “analysis suggests that the PM is more relevant today than ever before.”

In PIA’s third chapter, MacLeod assessed the strength of the PM’s five filters in 2019, in the context of the rise of the Internet and social media, with the concomitant decline in the print and TV media. However, MacLeod concluded that media content remained virtually unchanged during that transition to the Internet, and that the PM’s five filters had been strengthened in the 30 years since the publication of Manufacturing Consent. MacLeod discussed the dimming relevance of the anticommunism filter, and like Herman, Chomsky, and others, argued that it should be more generalized, to portray external threats to societies, which could arguably be generalized to any society. MacLeod cited a 2017 survey of nine Western nations, and in none of them did the majority of the public agree with the idea that the media performed adequately in “distinguishing fact from fiction.”

In PIA’s fourth chapter, MacLeod discussed the rise of Russia once again as an American propaganda target in the 2010s, after the American-supported coup in Ukraine, NATO’s aggressive posture toward Russia, Russian support for Syria’s government, which the USA was trying to topple, and the media hysteria over alleged meddling by Russia in the 2016 American presidential election, which as of 2020 has no credible evidence to support the allegation. The media heavily promoted the salacious allegations against Donald Trump contained in the so-called Steele Dossier. It was later revealed that the Hillary Clinton campaign commissioned a British spy to write the “dossier,” which provided no evidence for its wild, tabloid-style allegations.

The media frenzy reached a crescendo with Washington Post’s promotion of a crude smear campaign perpetrated by PropOrNot, which was staffed with anonymous accusers. PropOrNot labeled hundreds of American websites as Russian fronts, including Naked Capitalism, which was cited by CNBC was one the best financial blogs on the Internet. Although Washington Post soon distanced itself from PropOrNot’s effort, in the wake of public outrage, media platforms such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter soon rewrote their algorithms to reduce traffic to those named sites. AlterNet, for instance, had a 63% reduction in traffic to its site as a consequence, which proved financially crippling. MacLeod argued that this new period of McCarthyism did not come from the political right, as it did in the early days of the Cold War, but from the center, as the mainstream media sought to re-establish its “hegemony over communication.”

The American media’s reporting on Russia became so extreme in 2017 that it became the greatest discrepancy, by far, in media coverage versus public interest. While about 35% of the American public had heath care as its top issue of interest, and less than 10% cared about reporting on Russia, which was ranked sixth, the media devoted only a few percent of its coverage to health care, and more than 70% to Russia.

MacLeod concluded his chapter with:

“Herman described the Russian narrative as amusing ‘fake news’ while Chomsky declared it a joke: ‘half the world is cracking up.’ However, the return of the fifth, anti-Russian filter has dramatically increased tensions between the two states most equipped to destroy the world. The fate of the planet is no laughing matter.”

In PIA’s fifth chapter, Oliver Boyd-Barret examined the PM’s third filter, news sourcing, on reporting events during the USA’s interventions in Syria. He examined “deflection propaganda,” which was intended to misdirect the audience’s attention from important issues to propaganda targets. Boyd-Barret discussed the long history of deflection in the American media, particularly during foreign interventions, such as Guatemala in 1954. Boyd-Barret noted how Winston Churchill dispatched British spy William Stephenson to the USA to manipulate the American public into supporting the USA’s entry into World War II, as before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, about 80% of Americans opposed American involvement in World War II.

Boyd-Barret’s chapter focused on how the deflection propaganda process was applied to the American intervention in Syria, including the complicity of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, which adopted very low standards of reporting on alleged human rights abuses in Syria, so much so that Human Rights Watch became a conduit of a CIA disinformation campaign against Syria.

Boyd-Barret discussed the role of the White Helmets, which received more than $100 million of taxpayer money from the UK and USA and has been described as “al-Qaeda propaganda sidekicks.” Boyd-Barret discussed how the White Helmets produced fake videos from staged attacks, made to appear as attacks by the Syrian military, which the BBC aired in its Panorama documentary as genuine. Boyd-Barret described how the White Helmets were recorded luring hundreds of trapped women and children into what became the Rashideen massacre and staged a fake chemical weapons attack, which the media reported as genuine and which the USA’s government used to escalate the American intervention.
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th June 2020 at 23:58.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), kfm27917 (8th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #8757
    Thanks

Hi:

As the previous post and one from last week attest, I am back at it with updating Ed’s bio and the new essay, and this is going to be fun, kind of. I was just thinking of Philip Cross’s deletion of a link to my site, on the grounds that my work is self-published.

Mekong.net is self-published, also, and has no business being in any article at Wikipedia, for the same reason why Cross recently deleted a reference to my site. Mekong.net is a one-man operation of a self-confessed former janitor who professes no scholarly pretensions, and his work shows it. But because he smears Noam and Ed, somehow Mekong.net is elevated to a reliable source at Wikipedia. While Cross hunted for Wikipedia references to my site to delete them, he actually spruced up the reference to Mekong.net on Ed’s bio. This is the kind of off-the-scale hypocrisy that Ed long wrote about regarding the media, which is so far over the line that Ed had to come up with chutzpah to describe it.

So, while Cross is some kind of self-styled Wikipedia lawyer, his disparity in treatment of self-published sources is in keeping with the hypocrisy and irrationality of the entire affair with Ed’s bio.

But it is also far worse than that. Those are just the procedural irregularities of Cross’s behavior and those of that rude admin who erased my work. My essay that Cross deleted the link to is actually the only place on the Internet that presents the documentary record on Bragg’s lies about his age. It has been considered the final word on the issue since 2007, when I first published it. Nobody yet has made any credible rebuttal to my presentation, media articles and books have referred to it over the years (1, 2), and I have long seen Russian authors cite that essay. Nobody has ever credibly disputed what I presented (although some have tried to dismiss it by calling me a “conspiracy theorist,” as if that makes the documentary record vanish). The only way to credibly dispute that essay is to allege that the documents I present are forgeries, but they are all obtainable in the public domain. Bragg has no defense; he lied about his age, in order to bolster his image as a “life-extension specialist.”

On the other hand, Mekong.net’s writings about Noam, and to a lesser extent, Ed, are arguably libelous, and at best, greatly misrepresent their writings on Cambodia. The same goes for Sophal Ear, whose only “notability” is through attacking Noam, but somehow his libelous master’s thesis has been elevated to another “reliable source” in the smear campaign against Noam and Ed. Cross has even defended including Ear’s libelous master’s thesis as a source on Ed’s bio, because it has been cited by assailants of Noam and Ed. So, Cross even admits that self-published sources of “lowly origins” can somehow become notable if they are amplified in the right-wing echo chamber, and even if they are plainly libelous (and seemingly because they are libelous, as no professional has stooped that low). This is a variation of the old saw, repeat a lie often enough, and it becomes the truth.

Like the worst sophist, Cross makes up his “logic” as he goes along, to fit his agenda, and Jimmy Wales has always leapt to Cross’s defense, although “Cross” is likely not really a person, but a team. This situation is going to fittingly become the centerpiece of my upcoming essay, tentatively titled, “The Propaganda Model and Wikipedia.”

Oh, how far Wikipedia has fallen, if it ever really earned honestly given high regard.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th June 2020 at 22:29.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), kfm27917 (8th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #8758
    Thanks

Hi:

I am working on my Ed project, but was recently thinking of making another “sex” post, and saw this this morning. Rowling has been at the center of this firestorm for some time now, and I have written on the subject plenty. I have been loading up my new Kindle, and was reading Angels in the OR this past weekend. It impacted me in several ways. The author had a poor rural upbringing in Texas, like that hillbilly side of my family, and I was again reminded of a part of my heritage that I put behind me as fast as I could. Their lives revolved around mundane jobs that usually took a toll on the body and mind in some way, inebriants when not working (or sometimes when working), the Bible, trashy TV shows, and tabloids if they read at all (and racism and xenophobia is alive and well in that milieu), and the dance between the sexes, which in that milieu could be awful to witness (like giving your lady a good punch in the face, if she “deserved” it), as people could become one-dimensional caricatures.

Like Joe Bageant and Dennis, the author of Angels in the OR, Tricia Barker, escaped her roots with her intelligence. She was in a traffic accident that she likely caused when she was 22, flat-lined for a couple of minutes on the operating table as they repaired her broken back, and had a classic NDE. When she came back to her body, the mission she was given was to become a teacher. She tried it but became rather itinerant, and ended up in South Korea around 1997, teaching English, which was easy to do back then and even until now, as the peoples of East Asia know that learning English is good for their upward mobility. A childhood friend did it in Japan in the 1980s, and was the ticket out of Japan for a lucky babe, as they had a brood of children in Ventura after he returned with his bride in tow. Actually, after being back in the USA for a couple of years, he returned to Japan to pick her up. I actually don’t have much respect for white guys who do that, but Japan at least has less socio-economic disparity than the USA and Thailand have (or Latin America, for instance), and I have seen many white American nerds play Casanova in Asia, bring back Asian brides, and are dismayed when she sends money back to Asia and tries to bring her family to the USA (which can include her children), as they didn’t understand that the woman sacrificed herself for her family, as a kind of high-end prostitute, not much different from the other milieus that I have seen that in.

My company has a factory in South Korea, and I have long known of Korea’s suffering, as it has been a center of the East-West conflict for many years. I have long written about the suffering of women, in many ways, how the Industrial Revolution liberated both women and slaves, and none too soon. South Korea, like Taiwan and Singapore, was able to rapidly join the Fourth Epoch because the West used it strategically against communism. When the USA invaded Korea, it was a land of peasants, but that has changed dramatically in my lifetime. But when Barker was in South Korea, she was mistaken for a prostitute once, as she smoked on a street corner with sunglasses on, in her naïveté, and she was raped not long afterward. The rapist knew he would not face any penalty for his act, as she would simply be laughed at by the authorities if she tried to press charges. I admit that I was kind of shocked, as it happened only a generation ago, and rape was a constant risk for Korean women. I heard that it has gotten better since then, even if marginally. Barker’s story is largely one of trying to avoid sexual harassment and exploitation and her bad decisions in that department, but from her background, she was always trying to escape her roots, but it was a long struggle for her.

The Fifth Epoch can come none too soon. I see these days of identity politics, when people can “identify” as black, the other gender, giraffes ( ), and the like, as a form of insanity, which the medical racket happily enables (“We have pills and surgeries for that,” as they line up customers for life, and encouraging children to go tranny I see as misguided at best and evil at worst). My wife and I are nearing the end of the Sense8 series, and the Wachowski sisters, formerly brothers, have portrayed just about every sexual situation you can name in the series. Gays playing straights, straights playing gays, a transsexual “lesbian,” quasi-orgies with all of them, etc., they seem to be trying to break down any and all sexual prejudices, and maybe it succeeds in a way.

I have stated it plenty, that our souls do not have genders, neither does “God,” and when souls incarnate as humans, they bounce between the genders. As Michael has stated, humans are definitely odd, as far as sex goes. The kind of polarity of the sexes that humans have is rare in the universe, leads to plenty of “interesting” ways to evolve, and that Indian author I was recently reading proposed that men and women are actually subspecies of Homo Sapiens, to take the idea to its extreme, and I have even seen channeled material state something similar.

Forcing men and women in Seattle to all use the same bathrooms is just a sign of our insane times (I have not been in a unisex bathroom since my bizarre introduction last year, and won’t again, if I can help it). In the Fifth Epoch, people are going to be comfortable in their own skins, and won’t be mutilating their bodies for fashion, aping the other gender, and the like. Tattoos, piercings, transsexual surgeries, and the like will be as seen as simply part of the crazed barbarisms of this Epoch.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 9th June 2020 at 14:45.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), gord (8th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), kfm27917 (8th June 2020), Mike (8th June 2020), Reinhard (8th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #8759
    Thanks

Hi:

I have been getting in my fair share of hiking lately, if not quite as much as I would like. It is as gorgeous as ever this time of year, and on Sunday, a little magic happened. When I hiked with Brent, it was usually early morning, and sometimes after work in the early days of our relationship. Now, I often hike in the afternoon, and usually own the trails, rarely seeing anybody. On Sunday afternoon, I was the only car at the trailhead, so I knew that I would not see anybody. About a quarter-mile up the trail, it enters the forest. I had not seen a deer in years on that mountain, probably several years, and after only a few steps into the forest, my presence startled a deer coming down the trail at me. There were two of them, and they moved off the trail about 20 meters or so, and I snapped pictures like a paparazzi and got some video clips.

While the sun was out when I began, it was peeking through clouds that looked ominous, as they can be in the spring. It was raining pretty good when I encountered the deer (perhaps they also knew that encountering a human would likely not happen that afternoon, in a storm). One was obviously a buck, with its antlers just coming in, and as you can see in the attached pics, I think that they were both bucks. The other one’s antlers were not as far along as the one nearest to me, but you can see that the antlers were beginning to come in. It was a magical encounter. It also began hailing, as it did in May, but this one was far worse, raining buckets as well as hail. As one pic shows, the trail became a stream, and that white along the trail is hail. I cut the hike short. I had rain gear on, except for my pants, which I rarely wear, although I could have taken a few minutes and put them on. My pants were soon soaked, and I decided to head back. By the time I got back to my car, the Sun was out again. The trip was reminiscent of Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony in Fantasia.

Best,

Wade

P.S. Hey Bill. How is your ankle healing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 6-1-50.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	43781   Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 6-20 tiger 2.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	43782   Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 6-20 tiger bucks 4.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	43783   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger hail 6-20.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	43784  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 9th June 2020 at 15:01.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Bluegreen (11th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), gord (9th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), Krist (12th June 2020), Maria777 (10th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #8760
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,433 times in 32,921 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    P.S. Hey Bill. How is your ankle healing?
    (Thanks for the beautiful photos! )

My ankle healed super-fast, THX. I declined all the advice on 98% of ankle injury websites to ice it. (Icing seems to me to delay natural healing, as the acute/temporary inflammation is there for a good healing reason — just as one shouldn't reduce a fever unless it gets dangerous.)

I was hiking again within a week with no problems at all apart from a little discomfort, but it's important to keep it exercised and the ligaments strong. However, from here on out I won't wear training shoes any more, as I often do: I have proper boots, which are a little heavier but of course offer much more support. The whole thing did give me pause for thought about what I may have done, on my own, way up high and miles from anywhere. I know you understand!

The lockdowns here have meant that it's only changed to be okay in the last few days to travel to the high mountains nearby, so that'll be a good stress-test, maybe in the next week or so. I'm looking forward to that!

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (9th June 2020), Bluegreen (11th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Joseph McAree (9th June 2020), Kate (9th June 2020), Krist (12th June 2020), kudzy (9th June 2020), Wade Frazier (9th June 2020), Yoda (10th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 536 FirstFirst 1 338 388 428 438 448 488 536 LastLast