Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 10702

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8721
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,673 times in 7,525 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I see this new essay taking the rest of this month to complete, but we’ll see. This morning, I want to briefly discuss my approach and ideal for it. The ideal is not just something nice to aspire to if convenient, but might be the only way to get there. These days, many millions of Americans have way too much time on their hands, and I am being bombarded with all manner of conspiracist fare, from Bill Gates to the CDC to retail politics, and so on, which usually revolves around this pandemic. I have clearly expressed my views and don’t need to belabor them, but I have rarely seen such hyperventilating conspiracism as I have witnessed lately, from microchips in mandatory vaccines to global depopulation agendas, and so on. I am not saying that such plans do not exist, or that there may not be the means to attempt to achieve them, but hacking at the branches of these situations is not going to help much, if at all, and I have often seen where it has been counterproductive. An industrial waste is added to my tap water today, as compulsory “medicine,” and it has been that way in my natal city for 50 years. These are by no means new issues, and activism has not come close to making a dent. My fluoride-free dentist spent his entire career in Seattle, which was fluoridated the entire time. The medical racket won’t end until capitalism does, and only free energy will kill capitalism, as it is the only engine of abundance. Eliminating scarcity is the only way to kill all of today’s dominant ideologies, and they will all go at the same time, when abundance and love, instead of scarcity and fear, become our daily reality.

It is a delusion to think that if the GCs and friends are exposed, as well as their agendas, then all is well, and we all float off to some kind of ideal future. As Brian stated long ago, only combined positive intention has a chance of making a dent, and I realized long ago that the lowest-common-denominator approach of mass activism does not stand a chance for the issue that towers above all others. Next to free energy and manifesting the Fifth Epoch, everything else is noise. We are not going to get there via protest, exposing elites and their agendas, retail politics, and so on.

I see what I am attempting as being completely free of coercion, elite exposure, and the like. In the Fifth Epoch, the world will end as we know it, and elites will become obsolete, but I don’t see that coercion has any place in making it happen, and any attempts at coercion will sow the seeds of the effort’s destruction. That is a Young Warrior delusion. When nations, money, and cities as we know them end, it will be because they no longer make any sense in the Fifth Epoch, and everybody will easily understand. But they won’t understand until the Fifth Epoch arrives, just like with all previous Epochal transitions.

The Fifth Epoch is not going to arrive via a mass movement, as hardly anybody on Earth even cares or they are committed to their scarcity-based ideologies, because that is how they survive in a world of scarcity and fear, and they won’t even begin to understand until those ideologies become meaningless in the light of the Fifth Epoch. It only takes a tiny fraction of humanity to manifest the Fifth Epoch, but they are also going to be highly unusual people, with rare qualities. They are far from superhuman qualities, but unusual nevertheless. Truly, anybody can make that grade, but it takes caring, hard work, and a willingness to discard nearly everything that we think we know, and those have proven to be hurdles that almost nobody has ever cleared. Heck, even Ed and Noam never came close.

So, I keep focusing on the task at hand, and writing about Ed and Noam is not a waste of my time, but helps illuminate how our system works today. It won’t work that way in the Fifth Epoch, but understanding how the system works today helps prevent the people I seek from hacking at branches, such as thinking that if somebody like me just got a fair shake in the mainstream media, or got some politician’s or “philanthropist’s” attention, or some environmental or other “progressive” organization, that it would be an easy path to the finish line. The media and politicians will only begin to awaken after the race is over, it has always been that way, and I don’t see any reason why it will be any different this time, especially with how I saw Dennis treated, how Ed’s bio is being treated at Wikipedia, etc.

Back to work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st May 2020 at 16:01.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st May 2020), Chris Gilbert (21st May 2020), Franny (21st May 2020), Joseph McAree (22nd May 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st May 2020), Reinhard (21st May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #8722
    Thanks

Hi:

I knew that Philip Cross’s deletion of a link to my work was no random act. I looked at his contributions, and it looks like my NASA Nazi thread inspired him, especially its finale, as he helped spruce up a relevant hagiography at Wikipedia immediately before removing that link to my work. Go Phil, go.

Best,

Wade

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st May 2020), Franny (21st May 2020), Joseph McAree (22nd May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #8723
    Thanks

Hi:

As a coda to this thread, death camp Nazis get hagiographies at Wikipedia, while the Jewish Ed Herman is libeled, and it looks like my NASA Nazi thread inspired one of Ed’s chief libelers at Wikipedia, whom Jimmy Wales has gone out of his way to defend, as he spruced up the Wikipedia biography of one of those German space heroes whom I wrote about, immediately before hunting for a reference to my work from Wikipedia and deleting it. Those are far from unrelated dynamics, and you could not make this up if you tried.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st May 2020 at 18:41.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), Joseph McAree (22nd May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #8724
    Thanks

Hi:

As another coda to the NASA Nazis thread, on how their backgrounds were cleaned up by the Americans, so that they could become Space Race heroes, if you read The Devil’s Chessboard, for instance, you are treated to surreal situations, such as when American military investigators were hunting for Walter Rauff, while Allen Dulles’s crew was literally hiding him in a safe house in Italy, to prevent his capture by the U.S. military for war crimes prosecution, or partisan Italians who wanted him dead, for very good reason. Rauff eventually escaped to South America and became an advisor to Pinochet’s Chile. Pinochet’s catastrophic tenure was completely due to the CIA’s actions, in one of their most notorious operations, going back to the 1950s, when Allende would have won the election if not for the CIA’s interventions. When Rauff finally died in 1984, hundreds of old Nazis attended his funeral in Chile, and group cheers of “Heil Hitler” and “Heil Rauff” were heard, as it became a Nazi celebration. You couldn’t make this up.

The bottom line is that there isn’t anybody whom the Americans brought over from Nazi Germany that was above suspicion, and Einstein campaigned against the idea of hiring any of them. So, anybody making the case of the clean Germans who came over really has an impossible task. They were all dirty, in one way or another, and so much was covered up, by both the Germans and Americans, that we will likely never know how deeply that black rabbit hole goes. I am sympathetic to people who do not want to know, but sticking our heads in the sand is no answer.

I actually have more dogs in that fight than I can publicly discuss, too, as my close relative was also in that milieu. It is the stuff of nightmares.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st May 2020 at 22:29.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Inaiá (29th May 2020), Joseph McAree (22nd May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #8725
    Thanks

Hi:

I am getting the hang of my new Kindle, as I prepare for downsizing my life. It is kind of glitchy, but I can live with it. I have long written about my mystical awakening when I was 16, and I became quite the mystical student after that. I can’t overemphasize that mystical awakenings can only come through experience, not a literature review or teaching, and any worthy “gurus” help their pupils gain their own experiences.

Last year, as I began downsizing my library, getting rid of the fluff, about ten or fifteen years of the Sedona Journal of Emergence went in the recycling bin. I kept a few issues, kept all of my Spirit Speaks and Connecting Link issues, I believe, which are two defunct channeling magazines, and oh, the stories I could tell. There is definitely a spectrum of quality in the milieu: some is New Age pabulum, while other stuff is very astute and high-minded. I recently mentioned that I reread a lot of the Michael Teachings recently, and came away with a new appreciation of it. But even in the best of them, I can be surprised by the political-economic naïveté in evidence, which likely reflects the channel’s naïveté more than the source, especially if they are Americans. That has been kind of a constant, and as my political-economic views matured, I could look back at the material and kind of shake my head. Was the material playing to the naïveté of the audience, only giving them what “truth” they could handle, even if it wasn’t really the truth?

That stated, I read this afterlife book on my Kindle, which is not channeled, per se, but more of a review of channeled works, with the author’s interpretations. Some very good works come out of that approach, and I consider that book to be one of them. I also read this book on my Kindle, which is the best channeled work that I have seen in a long time. But even then, the channel said that you have to be a Saddam Hussein before you can become a Mother Teresa. Heck, Mother Teresa was a phony, and Saddam was not nearly as malevolent as the West portrayed him. He was a choir boy compared to Suharto and other American clients. Iraq had the highest standard of living among Arab nations, and was the most secular Arab nation, before the USA decided that Hussein had outlived his usefulness, and my great nation committed the greatest crime of the 21st century so far against Iraq, which has been one of the greatest genocides since Hitler. Iraq would be infinitely better off if Hussein still ruled, similar to how Libya had Africa’s highest standard of living before the USA overthrew its government and murdered Gaddafi. So, when even the best of the channeled works cannot rise above the propaganda, that is how “New Age” has become an epithet in awakened circles. A more apt analogy would be that that you need to become a George W. Bush before you become an Ed Herman.

That said, what I appreciated in rereading Michael and those two books on my Kindle is how the human journey on Earth is still very much a work in progress, as well as the human afterlife. What is happening is far from perfect or what was really intended (which A Course in Miracles also states, for instance), and is a mess that courageous souls are here to help fix, but we probably all had a hand in making it the mess that it is.

That recent channeled book frankly discussed how the human ego is still very much a work in progress, and kind of a mistake. The ego was intended as a vehicle to focus the soul in physical reality, so that it could be grounded here to do its work, but the planners “f***ed up” a bit, to put it nicely, and made the ego too focused in physical reality and too disconnected from its origins on the other side of the veil. So, today’s edition of the human ego is due for an overhaul, to bring it more back into alignment with the spirit world from whence it came, so that the experience on Earth is not so hellish. That afterlife book echoes that perspective, stating that what we call “hell” on the other side is diminishing, and will one day be closed for business, at least for earthly humans, as this all gets fixed.

That afterlife book discussed how terrible it is for people to believe that oblivion awaits them at death, or some hell, if they did not play their cards right in their religious practices. It creates a great amount of confusion and pain for afterlife newcomers. That book laid a great deal of the responsibility for this “sorry state of affairs” at the feet of organized religion. The love that permeates the other side, and the lack of judgment that welcomes us back, which is largely missing from the catechisms of organized religions, as well as the baseless fears that organized religions pump people full of, if realized by their flocks, would completely undermine the social control games that the churches play, as they play the fear and mindf**k cards to keep the pews and coffers filled.

So, the human journey has kind of been a screw-up from the beginning, as scarcity and fear have dominated human awareness from the beginning, and that is due for an overhaul. That recent channeled book was describing so much of my work that as I turned the pages, I almost thought that I would read something like, “Wade, this is meant particularly for you.” It was that eerie of a reading experience at times, which, of course, can provide challenges to my ego ( ), but what came through loud and clear is that what I have been doing with my life has been on the practical end of manifesting that age of healing that they all discuss. It seems that I am on the right track.

What was particularly interesting about that recent channeled book is that it called all consciousness a form of energy, and that energy, for the lack of a better term, is love, which is the force of Creation. I have long written that scientists only know of two things in our universe: energy and consciousness. I have long thought that consciousness (the Creator’s consciousness) gave rise to energy, but that book stated that energy gave rise to consciousness. Whatever the right answer is, they are evidently joined at the hip. Maybe the best summary of the Creation Story is, “In the beginning, there was love.” But, what has always informed my efforts is that a loving approach is the only one with a prayer for what I am attempting. I learned that one from the very beginning of my journey.

I was reading the new issue of Scientific American last night, and once again had to shake my head. One article was another attempt to lay a materialistic explanation on NDEs, similar to Blackmore’s pathetic attempts. How arrogant and foolish. None of them seem to realize that materialism is a religion. It is little more than another religion built on a false faith. The greatest scientists knew the complete folly of attempts like that, but it does not stop the train of the hacks from continuing to run on time. I consider organized skepticism to be a criminal enterprise, and it has many adherents in the scientific establishment. John Horgan is one of the few from the ranks of orthodox science who even questions the mission of organized skepticism. The “skeptics” are zealots and criminals for the Establishment, and some know very well what they are doing, not simply blinkered by their adoptive ideologies.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd May 2020 at 18:00.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2020), earthdreamer (25th May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), Inaiá (29th May 2020), Joseph McAree (22nd May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #8726
    Thanks

Hi:

Ed was such a prolific writer that I doubt that I will ever find and read all of it. This morning, I read a chapter that Ed wrote in 1986 of a book on the media and politics, in which he first wrote about his Propaganda Model (“PM”). He compared his PM to the “newsroom gatekeeper models,” which focused on newsroom influences on the news process, while largely ignoring the larger forces at play, which Ed discussed in his PM.

What was particularly interesting in his 1986 essay is that he made the Soviet shoot-down of the KAL airliner an example of his PM, devoted extensive analysis to it, and compared it to the American media’s coverage of other airliners that were shot down or bombed, but committed by either friendly regimes (Israel’s shooting down a Libyan airliner in 1973), Savimbi’s UNITA claiming to shoot down an Angolan airliner in 1983), or enemy regimes (a Cuban airliner brought down by a bomb in 1976, and an Indian Airlines plan taken down by a bomb in 1955, intended to assassinate the Chinese leader at the time). Ed showed the starkly different media reporting, depending on who the victims were. As fate would have it, after Manufacturing Consent was submitted for publication, the ultimate pairing with the KAL airliner happened, when the USA shot down an Iranian airliner, and the captain who did it was awarded a presidential medal and given a hero’s welcome when he arrived back in the USA. Once again, you could not make this stuff up, and the brazenness of the double standards applied, in this situation and countless others, went so far past mere hypocrisy that Ed began using “chutzpah” to describe it.

It is the same kind of chutzpah that has the same people libeling Ed in his Wikipedia biography while simultaneously sprucing up the bio of a German Space Race hero, whose mentors were death camp Nazis and who produced a Disney movie and wrote a children’s book on the wonders of nuclear energy.

What was also interesting about Ed’s KAL discussion is that not only was that “civilian” plane accompanied by an American spy plane as it flew over sensitive Soviet Airspace, on the same night that the Soviet Union was testing a new missile, but a Space Shuttle was also launched the day before the event, also in position to perform surveillance, as well as a ferret satellite, used for spying on the Soviet Union. The KAL 007 flight was far from an innocent civilian flight.

I’ll be updating Ed’s biography after I publish the upcoming essay, for a few odds and ends.

Best,

Wade

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), gord (23rd May 2020), Joseph McAree (25th May 2020), kfm27917 (26th May 2020), kudzy (25th May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #8727
    Thanks

Hi:

Below is what I drafted today on Ed’s bio, which will go here:

Best,

Wade

In 1986, Herman wrote a chapter of Communicating Politics: Mass Communications and the Political Process, titled “Gatekeeper versus Propaganda Models: A Critical American Perspective.” In that essay, Herman discussed the “newsroom gatekeeper models,” which focused on newsroom influences on the news process, but which tended to ignore the larger forces at work. Herman incorporated those underemphasized forces into his nascent PM, which included the ownership, advertiser, and news source filters that his and Chomsky’s PM would later include. Herman also discussed the anti-Soviet ideological influence, including the Red Scare of 1919-1920 and the McCarthy era of the late 1940s and early 1950s, which supplanted New Deal-style efforts in favor of the Cold War arms race.

In that essay, Herman introduced the pairing analysis that he often used afterward, to quantify media bias. Herman noted that the primary determinant of the media’s coverage of any subject seemed to be the “political implications.” Herman briefly discussed the spectacular double standards evident in the media’s coverage of elections in El Salvador and Nicaragua, as the El Salvadoran death squad regime’s “elections” in 1982 and 1984 were depicted as paragons of democracy, while a 1984 Nicaraguan election held by the Sandinistas’ revolutionary government was declared a sham.

That essay’s case study was a comparison of the media’s coverage of the Soviet Union’s shooting down of Korean Airlines Flight 007 (“KAL 007”) in 1983 to coverage of several other airliners that were either shot down, claimed to have been shot down, or bombed: those performed by friendly interests – Israel’s shooting down of a Libyan airliner in 1973 and Jonas Savimbi’s and UNITA’s claimed shooting down of an Angolan airliner in 1983 – and those performed against enemy states – the bombing of a Cuban airliner in 1976 by CIA-trained terrorists and the 1955 bombing of an Air India flight, which was intended to assassinate the Chinese Premier Chou En-Lai but killed 11 high-ranking Chinese officials instead, for which the Chinese government accused the USA of complicity.

In the case of KAL 007, the airliner strayed hundreds of miles off course, to fly over sensitive Soviet military facilities on the same night that the Soviet Union planned to launch a new missile. Herman wrote that the KAL 007 pilot and Korean Airlines had longtime close relations with the Korean CIA, that American intelligence had long used commercial airlines for espionage purposes, and that KAL 007 had been accompanied by an American spy plane during its flight, which were all facts that the American media did not disclose while accusing the Soviet Union of a monstrous crime. Herman wrote that key claims made by the American government and media, such as that the intrusion of KAL 007 into Soviet airspace was accidental, that the Soviets knew that they were shooting down a civilian plane, and that KAL 007 had not been properly warned or was prevented from responding by a technical malfunction, were all later persuasively shown by independent investigations or official admissions to be false or dubious.

Herman, as he would do in subsequent studies for the rest of his life, performed a quantitative analysis of the media’s coverage of all five events, which showed a dramatic skewing of coverage. For instance, Time and Newsweek devoted 1,490 column inches of coverage to KAL 007, but no coverage at all for the Angolan airliner, even though it happened during the media’s uproar over KAL 007. Herman also performed a qualitative analysis of the language used by Time and Newsweek to describe the Soviet and Israeli shoot-downs. The coverage of the Soviet Union’s action was accompanied by words such as “ambush, “barbaric,” “liars,” and “slaughter,” while the Israeli action was described with “blunder,” “tragedy,” and “error.”

As Herman and Chomsky’s next effort was going to press, a more relevant example of Herman’s propaganda model happened, when the USA shot down an Iranian airliner in July 1988. Herman later wrote about the dichotomy of the media’s treatment. Shooting down an Iranian airliner in broad daylight as it flew over the Persian Gulf was explained away by the American government and media as a “tragic error,” and the media made no comparisons to the Soviet shoot-down of five years previously. The American media even spun responsibility for the event onto Iran, even as the American warship was in Iranian waters when it shot down the airliner. Herman further noted that the captain who shot down the Iranian airliner was given a presidential medal and given a hero’s homecoming when he returned to the USA.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 26th May 2020 at 04:42.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), Gracy (24th May 2020), Joseph McAree (25th May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Satori (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8728
    Thanks

Hi:

The trails on federal lands opened on Friday, so I have to make some hiking hay while the sun shines. I have been getting out a lot since the local lands were opened up a couple of weeks ago, with some pics attached, including from one afternoon when we got hailed on, and had to seek shelter under a fallen log.

This morning, I added this text to this part of Ed’s bio:

Chomsky made several observations regarding the PM, which he called “one of the best confirmed theses in the social sciences,” which were:
    • The PM had long been advocated by various social managers, in order to manage the “bewildered herd” of the citizenry on behalf of the elite;
    • The PM is largely the expected outcome in a business-dominated society;
    • The public largely believes that the media is disseminating propaganda, not the truth;
    • The media itself will never discuss the PM, as that discussion would threaten the foundational illusion of the entire enterprise.

Chomsky stated that testing the PM’s validity took a lot of work, and that in order to test that validity, they had to choose the most difficult situations, in which the media claimed victories in its independence from and corralling of the power structure, such as the Vietnam War or the Watergate scandal. When those events have been tested, they still strongly confirmed the PM.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 5-10-20 1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	43685   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 5-17-20 1.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	43686   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 5-17-20-2.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	43687   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger hail 1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	43688  

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th May 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (24th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (24th May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), Joseph McAree (25th May 2020), kudzy (24th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (24th May 2020), Sadieblue (26th May 2020), Satori (24th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #8729
    Thanks

Hi:

I want to provide some recent examples of where my studies take me. In my work on the new essay and updating Ed’s bio, I was reading Understanding Power, which was odd in that the notes to it are on the Internet. The very first note was about Kennedy and how his policies in Latin America were a direct precursor to Reagan’s death squad regimes. I had read enough to have some doubts about it, and Noam called Kennedy’s Alliance for Progress a sham from the outset. Other authors are far more sympathetic, and this paper, for instance, lays part of the failure of the Alliance for Progress to JFK’s untimely death.

In Understanding Power, I also read about the USA’s stance toward India, and Noam discussed how the USA’s food aid after Indian independence was used as a kind of geopolitical weapon. Noam cited the New York Times, and I found one article, here. Chomsky briefly discussed a famine in India in 1950-1951, but I could not find any mention of it on the Internet, not even by Sen. But, in looking at Understanding Power, I found that Noam was referring to this book, and note 109 briefly described just what Noam was referring to. To wit:

“[W]ith hundreds of deaths due to starvation already documented, American officials generally acknowledged that India was experiencing the first stage of a very real famine. If the United States did not provide assistance, Indian officials estimated that ten to thirteen million of their countrymen would perish. The Truman administration was also aware that the United States Commodity Credit Corporation held approximately 319 million bushels of surplus wheat in reserve and that a 2-million-ton shipment to India would require only 75 million bushels. In short, India's need was well known, the crisis was extraordinarily urgent, and the United States was in a strong position to help.

“On the one hand, George McGhee's N.E.A. [Office of Near Eastern Affairs] eyed the political benefits to be reaped by a prompt and positive response. . . . On the other hand, the Department of the Treasury and the Bureau of the Budget voiced reservations over the cost of assisting India. . . . While Acheson [U.S. Secretary of State] and McGhee had not categorically made food aid contingent upon a reorientation of Indian policy, the linkages were obvious. . . . By early April 1951, five months had passed since the Indian government had first asked for assistance. No reliable statistics exist on how many additional, famine-related deaths occurred during this period. . . . During 1950 and 1951, as millions of Indians struggled each day to survive on as little as nine ounces of foodgrains, American policy makers sought to work India's distress to America's advantage.”

Why could I find no mention of this in Sen’s work, or anywhere else, for that matter? I have mentioned my wariness of Sen’s work before, as he and Drèze take it easy on the West. Maybe there was not quite a famine, but India rescued itself from the brink of one. Sen’s stats seem to show that.

I also found myself reading on Winston Churchill and the 1943 Bengal famine. Churchill defenders go after Polya, who is one of my favorites on this subject, as the academic fur flies. A recent study (1, 2) indeed laid the Bengal famine at Churchill’s feet.

So, trying to get at the truth is like a minefield, even among redoubtable scholars. You have to divine what each is emphasizing and leaving out. It is no easy feat.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 25th May 2020 at 17:23.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2020), Franny (25th May 2020), Joseph McAree (25th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #8730
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

The fast and the frugal: Divergent locomotory strategies drive limb lengthening in theropod dinosaurs by T. Alexander Dececchi, Aleksandra M. Mloszewska, Thomas R. Holtz Jr., Michael B. Habib, Hans C. E. Larsson

An interesting paper focused on how energy efficiency made T. Rex a top predator. Long limbs allowed them to amble farther possibly tiring their prey, the parallels to human hunting strategies are striking.

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi:
    Why could I find no mention of this in Sen’s work, or anywhere else, for that matter? I have mentioned my wariness of Sen’s work before, as he and Drèze take it easy on the West. Maybe there was not quite a famine, but India rescued itself from the brink of one. Sen’s stats seem to show that.

I also found myself reading on Winston Churchill and the 1943 Bengal famine. Churchill defenders go after Polya, who is one of my favorites on this subject, as the academic fur flies. A recent study (1, 2) indeed laid the Bengal famine at Churchill’s feet.

So, trying to get at the truth is like a minefield, even among redoubtable scholars. You have to divine what each is emphasizing and leaving out. It is no easy feat.

Best,

Wade

Ahh Sen.. I come riding to his defense again....

Seriously though, I read about the Bengal famine from Sen and understood that it was the responsibility of the British.

Sen talks very little about USA because his focus is criticism of Indian public policy and Indian leaders. Dreze invited Chomsky to India, it is a deliberate choice (I assume) not to talk about USA.

Fundamentally India could be on par with China today and the relative backwardness is the fault of Indian leaders.

Could it be better if USA was not an empire? Absolutely

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (26th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020), Wade Frazier (26th May 2020)

21. Link to Post #8731
    Thanks

Hi all:

Thanks Krishna:

I am not kidding, within the past hour, I was reading a little, at my favorite resource, on archosaur ascendance in the Triassic. That paper is basically on that theme. One of us was tuning in.

I get that Sen and Drèze don’t deal with the USA’s role, which makes their work of limited usefulness to somebody like me, but it was odd to read about an incipient famine that the USA played politics with, and it seems that we don’t even know if it became a famine or not, although Sen says that the last was in 1943.

I just finished reading the first chapter of Understanding Power, which was about the media, which was adapted from a talk that Noam gave in 1989. There is always something to learn from Noam.

I actually sat down to write a little about the ET/FE thing and Michael E. Salla, whom I am constantly sent info about. I am definitely not in his camp, and I am not into the entire noble American military versus the Deep State thing, and Salla is one of many like him who announces upcoming arrests as the military sets things to right. The American military is fundamentally evil, and looking to them to save the day is insane. They shortened Brian’s life, when he began snooping into UFOs.

I have been seeing such breathless announcements (it will happen next week! ) for about 20 years now, and I regard it all as disinformation, and what that does is encourage us all to become spectators, not agents of change.

Salla is one of many like him, academics who come to the USA and engage in hero-worship of the USA. His book from 2002 kind of says it all, as he portrays the USA as the hero of Yugoslavia, as it leads the world in “humanitarian intervention.” What a crock, and with delusions like that, I sure don’t trust anything that he has to say about how the American military is going to save the day.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 26th May 2020 at 01:02.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (26th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (26th May 2020), kudzy (28th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sadieblue (26th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #8732
    Thanks

Hi:

It is traffic time again. This thread went over 2.7 million views today.

Best,

Wade

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), gord (26th May 2020), Joseph McAree (26th May 2020), kudzy (28th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Sadieblue (26th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #8733
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    I get that Sen and Drèze don’t deal with the USA’s role, which makes their work of limited usefulness to somebody like me, but it was odd to read about an incipient famine that the USA played politics with, and it seems that we don’t even know if it became a famine or not, although Sen says that the last was in 1943.
    Wade,
    Most serious objections I have heard to Sen's theory that democracies don't have famines cite the case of Bihar "famine" in the 1960's, I have not seen them mention 1951. So I assume no famine, was there elevated mortality? Probably. Did USA play politics? Surely.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (26th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (26th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020), Wade Frazier (26th May 2020)

27. Link to Post #8734
    Thanks

Hi:

I am busily revising Ed’s bio and drafting the Propaganda Model and Wikipedia essay. I’ll publish both of them at the same time, as they are deeply interrelated. Those will attract some academic attention. I may make a brief mention in Ed’s bio of his libelous Wikipedia bio, as it is a confirmatory example of his Propaganda Model, just as his obituary in the New York Times was.

I have been hiking plenty recently, worrying the old body into shape for another season of hiking the high country. Attached are images from a hike that I took on Sunday with my nephew. This is my third trip, including my first in 2016 (1, 2), and I was likely the oldest person on the mountain this time. I have to get used to that idea.

I try to do at least one new hike each year, but I am also somebody who likes to redo the best trails. Life is too short, especially now, during the geriatric phase of my hiking career, to bushwhack up some nameless hillside with the hope of encountering wilderness magic. I only do the good stuff in my old age, and there is lifetimes of that up here.

Best,

Wade

Name:	teanaway 1 5-20.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	43704   Click image for larger version

Name:	teanaway 2 5-20.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	43705   Click image for larger version

Name:	teanaway 3 5-20.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	43706   Click image for larger version

Name:	teanaway 4 5-20.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	43707  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 26th May 2020 at 15:59.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (27th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (26th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #8735
    Thanks

Hi:

Yesterday, I discovered the first COVID-19 casualty in my life: Ralph McGehee. Ralph was the real McCoy, a whistleblower worthy of the title. Not many true whistleblowers ever got obituaries in the New York Times and Washington Post, especially obituaries that were not attack pieces (although the NYT and WP did a little spinning, as that is their job ). Even his Wikipedia bio is respectable. Ralph had a good run, living to 92, like Ed did. Here is the obituary that his family wrote.

I am going to make a thread/shrine for Ralph, and discuss my relationship with my friend in a way that I have not done before. With Ralph’s death, John Stockwell is the last one left from those early whistleblowing days. Phil Agee and Victor Marchetti are also gone. Along with Howard’s and Ed’s deaths, and Noam will be 92 this year, the end of an era is upon us.

I’ll start at the beginning. When I commuted to LA, of all places, working at the medical lab that nearly got put out of business by a government/media attack that was like what happened in Ventura, my AM radio in my Pinto only got a few stations. KFI went to a talk radio format, where I first heard Rush Limbaugh (shudder). One day in early 1990, a guest on somebody’s show on KFI was promoting a new magazine titled Lies of Our Times (“LOOT”). It might have even been Ed, but I seem to recall somebody younger on that show. I perked up at that interview, and put it on my list to look into.

Later that year, after I moved to Ohio, I immediately subscribed to LOOT and began my media education. I probably cannot stress enough that if our effort had not been on the receiving end of the media’s lies, almost from the day I met Dennis, I wonder if I would have ever even been interested in something like LOOT. Ed was LOOT’s editor, Ralph contributed an article to it (those were active days for him), and I saw an ad for Ralph’s book, Deadly Deceits, in LOOT, and soon ordered it. My days of study began in earnest in Ohio, and I read a vast array of material back then.

I clearly recall beginning to read Ralph’s book, and about halfway through, I put it aside. While it had a moving introduction, it was rather dry, as it chronicled his career as a CIA case officer. I was reading other material, and Ralph’s book sat next to my bed, half-read. After about a month or so of languishing next to my bed, I decided that I had better finish Ralph’s book. It is the duty of scholars to do that. I soon discovered that the first half of his book was just the warm-up. When Ralph was stationed in Thailand, he had his career’s greatest success, as he was able to expose the communists and reverse their progress in Thailand. But Ralph came up with the wrong answer. Contrary to the CIA’s and media’s assertions that the communists only got peasant cooperation through “terror,” Ralph discovered that Thailand’s peasants thought that communism was great, and that the communists got peasant cooperation by their helpfulness and vision, not threats.

When Ralph briefed William Colby and gave him the news, Colby’s reaction stunned Ralph. The CIA soon canceled Ralph’s successful program, he quickly found himself behind a meaningless desk at Langley, and he wondered what the hell had just happened. But Ralph was such a fervent Cold Warrior that he volunteered for Vietnam in 1968, which nobody sane did in those days. In Vietnam, Ralph finally figured it out, and nearly killed himself. The rest of the book is filled with a series of haunting revelations. It was one of the most influential books that I ever read, hitting me at just the right time on my journey.

The next six years were blessedly peaceful ones in my life, as those were the early years of my marriage, putting my wife through school, and it was just the two of us in Ohio. I studied incessantly in my “spare” time. But in my last years in Ohio, my relentless pace and job-related stress took its toll, and by early 1996, I went on Prozac for a few months, and it was a nightmare. I became Brian’s biggest fan in early 1996, just as Dennis came through town, as he began barnstorming the USA, and attracted attention from very high places, far beyond the sitting president.

In June of 1996, I stepped down from my position at the trucking company, and my protégé nearly keeled over in my office, a few weeks after he took over. He got out as fast as he could. He has done very well in a finance company in Columbus ever since, and when he has a bad day at the office, he just thinks about his trucking days, and is grateful for the job he has. Over that summer, I got off the meds (the last time that I was on any meds) and began smiling in the office, as I worked only half-time, transitioning the duties to my protégé, which was remarked on.

In September, I drove to Philadelphia, to witness Dennis’s final show that year, where 5,000 people attended in the arena where the 76-ers play basketball (the largest such gathering in world history). My new boss fired me for my absence to attend it (that is a long story that I won’t get into today), and Dennis finally coaxed me back into the saddle with him, after nearly eight years of trying. I asked for a month off before I began, and wrote my first website in October 1996. What a mess I made. I remember writing 50 pages of it in one day, and my first site had 600 pages of material, which may seem like a lot, but my site today is at least three times that size, and is scholarly and scientific in a way that my first site wasn’t.

As I wrote my first site, one essay was on my influences, I surely mentioned Noam and Ed in it, but I also wrote a little summary of Ralph’s book. Back then, Ralph was very active with his CIABASE efforts, and was easy to contact. I sent him my summary, asked if I had permission to publish it, and Ralph gave his consent. I might tell the tale one day, but my original site did not last long, and I went silent on the Internet from the spring of 1997 to late 1998, as I recall. I began to build my own site again around late 1998, but I might have the dates off a little.

As I began to publish again, I looked to see if any of my writings had survived on the Internet, and some had. One person reproduced my entire site, but most interesting was that my summary of Deadly Deceits was in quite a few places, strewn across the Internet. One site in particular featured it, which was run by a former intelligence official (a man named Hank, who went by The Golem, but his site is long gone). His site had some impressive members, such as April Oliver, who always stood by her Operation Tailwind work.

Hank and I struck up a cyber-relationship, and one day, I asked him where he obtained that summary of Deadly Deceits. He replied that he thought that Ralph gave it to him. All of those sites that hosted my summary of Deadly Deceits got it from Ralph, who used my summary as the defining summary of his work. I was surprised, pleased, and honored, and my relationship with Ralph began then, probably in late 1998, which I will discuss in a little depth in coming posts, and I’ll discuss my other intelligence connections, at least those that I am aware of.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 27th May 2020 at 17:38.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), Bluegreen (27th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), gord (27th May 2020), Gracy (27th May 2020), Joseph McAree (27th May 2020), kudzy (28th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #8736
    Thanks

Melinda has been busy, very busy.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2020), Franny (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), kudzy (30th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #8737
    Thanks

Hi:

Like Victor Marchetti, the only other dissident CIA employee back then who went through the legal channels to publish his book (Marchetti also wrote a book about his legal battle), Ralph engaged in an epic legal battle with the CIA. Even then, like Marchetti’s book, Ralph’s book is riddled with censorship deletions. Marchetti’s subsequent revelations were far more spectacular than Ralph’s, although Ralph’s were strong stuff, too, as Ralph implicated the CIA in the KAL shoot-down.

When Ralph finally ran that gauntlet in 1983, he was just getting warmed up. He was featured on Bill Moyers’s show in 1987, went on speaking tours, and his CIABASE began coming to prominence in 1993. CIABASE, like his book, was based on public-domain information. What Ralph did, literally anybody could do, but his harassment began then. Ralph published only a fraction of what he endured. I surfed around and didn’t find it, and it might have only been in emails to me (I may still have them, but they are deep somewhere in my email folders), but Ralph got worse than he put in that Internet post. As I recall, at least once, they actually tried to frame him for shoplifting, and on more than one occasion, his food at a restaurant was adulterated. Once, a toothpick was broken and inserted into the middle of his hamburger and damaged his mouth, which necessitated dental work, if I recall correctly.

Ralph’s treatment mirrored my journey in that way. When we were attacked by corrupt public officials and the media, as they did the bidding of their private-interest patrons, in a strange way, I actually had some professional respect for them. Watching psychopaths perform their evil labors was very educational and, I guess, somebody has to do it. What was far more heartbreaking was fielding the attacks from friends, family, and colleagues, who piled on, gratis, and who really did most of the dirty work. Ralph’s litany of bad behavior was almost completely performed by employees of the various establishments that Ralph patronized. That was my journey’s primary lesson, confirmed once again. What kind of people do that? I suppose, in defense of the local businesses, that maybe the CIA and local police tried to instigate far more harassment than Ralph received, but some or maybe even most people refused to play along, in The Land of the Free, but maybe that is wishful thinking on my part. It was disgusting to read of the harassment that Ralph was subjected to.

When we began corresponding, Ralph was getting ready to throw in the towel, as he was reaching 70 and his health was failing. In 2002, Ralph had a knee replaced. Actually, when I just went to my American Empire essay to find the reference, I see that I sent that letter to the editor in early 1998, which Ralph was amazed to see published, so maybe Ralph and I were corresponding before that. Maybe I’ll dig through my emails to see if I can find out for sure. Maybe our relationship went back to 1997. With Ed, we only exchanged email, but I eventually had a long conversation with Ralph.

When I marched ahead of the WTO meeting in Seattle in 1999, I traded email with Ralph, as he watched martial law enacted in Seattle the next day. Ralph appreciated my tale of the novel “interrogation” technique by one of our heroes in Vietnam. Around Fort Bragg are veterans like that machine-gun-happy one, where he lived when my relative knew him. He was so ruined by his Vietnam experience that he could not really live in civil society, so became kind of a ward of the state.

In 1999 or 2000, Ralph had finally had enough. He was going to retire and move to Florida, to be close to his children. He sold his 1,000-volume intelligence library for a song to a university, but I was able to buy a little of it. I would have happily bought his entire library, but did not have anywhere to put it. I imagine that it found a good home at that university. I ended up buying a book or two, and all of the LOOT issues from its inaugural issue in January 1990 to when I began subscribing in late 1990. That photo from the March 1990 issue, in my account of the New York Times’s “translation” problems, came from an issue that I bought from Ralph, and I am attaching a picture of the address label from that issue, as about my only memento of my relationship with Ralph.

Ralph and I corresponded at length in those days, and we had a long phone conversation before he moved to Florida. He said that my summary of his book was the best treatment that his work had ever received. I wrote that before I began writing publicly, and what you see today on my site is a refined version of the original one, which I did when I learned how important it was to Ralph (and I’ll update it once again, with his passing). Why did he consider it the best? I think it was because it takes one to know one. Ralph was an overgrown Boy Scout, like me, who had also been through the meat grinder, and my integrity radar lit up when I read Ralph’s book (as it did with Dennis, Brian, Mr. Professor, Howard, Noam, Ed, etc.), and if I may be so bold, it gave me insight into what made Ralph tick. I got it.

As I wrote this, I found other articles on Ralph’s death, such as here, and I was so happy to see how his family cherished him and was there at the end. His granddaughter interviewed him, here. There is more to come.

Best,

Wade

Name:	loot ralph.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	43723  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 28th May 2020 at 14:52.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2020), gord (28th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), Melinda (28th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #8738
    Thanks

Hi:

In 2000, Ralph was winding it down, more than 20 years after he began. It was all an act of conscience, of the kind that is all too rare in our world. Ralph sits near the head of my personal pantheon. Ralph’s adventures and courageous acts of conscience comprised a key aspect of helping me understand how our world works. He was a fellow traveler who went through the meat grinder, but in a different way. We all had variations on the theme of indoctrination and awakening, of Boy Scouts who eventually understood the depth of the lies, usually as we chased our ideals and became disillusioned.

Ralph was ultimately a CIA recruiting error. While he was an all-American boy, literally, as an all-American football player, he did not think in the black-and-white terms that the CIA preferred their “mesomorphs” to do, and was nearly rejected because of his thoughtfulness, which comes with an IQ of 142. But by 2000, Ralph had had enough, sold his personal intelligence library, shut down his CIABASE, and moved to Florida.

To this day, my site is about the only one on the Internet, outside of Wikipedia, that has much discussion of Ralph. Here are some excerpts from Deadly Deceits, and interviews with Ralph and his talks are scattered across the Internet (1, 2), but back in 2001, my site was pretty much it on Ralph, and there was one other person, a musician, who also devoted some work to Ralph’s story. I just dug through some of my emails; Ralph moved to Florida in July 2000, and I got an email from him in October 2000, which stated that the FBI was advising local businesses about Ralph, that dire security threat. Ralph wrote that it “sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory,” but it was all too real.

I was consulting part-time at my second software company in August 2001, and had not heard from Ralph since November 2000, when he gave me his new email address. Then, on August 11, 2001, I received the email that I reproduce here. Ralph faxed me a statement from the CIA, stating that his work was not a threat to national security. Ralph asked me to post it on my site and anyplace else that would help. I happily did so, here. A few days later, Ralph wrote that it helped take the heat off of him, but I doubt that it was all due to my actions; Ralph was being generous. Right about then, I drove to California for my fateful meeting with Brian, and a few weeks after that came 9/11. I watched my fellow Americans lose their sanity, as the USA went neo-Nazi and soon committed the greatest crime of the 21st century so far. The attacks on me through my public email address became so crazed that by early 2002, I stopped interacting with the public.

Soon after 9/11, being a heretic like Ralph was no fun, even if a retired heretic, and Ralph just wanted to disappear. He went very quiet, and even asked that artist to take down his Internet pages on Ralph. Ralph never asked me to do that, and I just left him alone. The last time that we exchanged emails was in May 2002, as he recovered from knee replacement surgery. Now that I think about it more, I likely had that long phone conversation after his move to Florida, and we discussed how his football days took their toll. He attended the 50th anniversary of Notre Dame’s national championship teams, and he said that the surviving players were nearly all accompanied by canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.

I always wished Ralph the best, and long had visiting him on my Bucket List, but it never happened, alas. So, the news of his death was sad, but it looks like Ralph enjoyed peace and his family in his last years, and for that, I am happy.

I am going to follow this post with my other CIA and intelligence connections and where Ralph’s work fits into my worldview, and I’ll discuss some issues that I have not publicly divulged before.

Best,

Wade

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2020), Bluegreen (28th May 2020), gord (29th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), Reinhard (28th May 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #8739
    Thanks

Hi:

My connections to the intelligence community go back to my childhood. When NASA recruited my father in 1966, he had to get a Top Secret security clearance, just as Brian did the next year. The Space Race was definitely a Cold War project that did not even need to happen, for one of the many ironies of my life, and that death camp Nazis were so key to the Space Race is bizarre and disgusting. The CIA and military intelligence were right in the middle of that, cleaning up the backgrounds of those Nazis so that they could be American heroes, helping them escape to South America, etc.

I nearly went to the Air Force Academy myself, as I digested that macho/patriot garbage in my youth (along with racism and bigotry), not knowing any better. It was my first, but not last, close call with that world, and I’ll reveal a little more about my close relative who was a CIA contract agent. I’ll never poll family members, to see what they do or not know about our relative, and I am going to let that sleeping dog lie amongst my relevant family members. They don’t need to be dragged into that, even if it is just the knowledge of our relative’s other life, and that household-name diplomat is still around. I revealed David Rockefeller’s name after he died, but will likely never do so for that diplomat. It just isn’t worth it, for a few reasons, which I don’t need to publicly get into, but people can imagine why.

The only reason why I know about my relative’s secret life is because an operation went sour and he had to have a bodyguard for some time, which he could not hide from his wife, so she was brought in a little. After their marriage ended, she told me about his secret life, under the promise to not reveal any of it, and while he was alive, I didn’t. They have both been deceased for a long time, so I am not jeopardizing anybody with these revelations, other than shedding a little more light on the spook world.

When I wrote that my relative drank himself to death, that is not an exaggeration, and one of the many anecdotes that I can tell of his other life is that one time, he was on a multiday bender, and got the call to go play spook in the middle of it. He replied that he was in no shape to go play spy, but they said that it was OK, and that they would fix it. The van soon arrived to take him to go play James Bond, and they injected him with something, and he went from falling-down drunk to stone-sober in minutes. That was some good stuff!

I don’t know many people my relative killed or how many lives he directly wrecked, but it was surely substantial, and unless you are a psychopath, it is not easy to live with those memories. As with Ralph, my relative was some kind of “patriot,” and the psychic income of serving one’s country, even if murderously, is part of their “compensation,” and makes them relatively cheap to employ. True psychopaths are more expensive to procure and use (and can go to the highest bidder), but can be highly effective in the proper situations. I am not that versed in that milieu, and don’t want to be, but I know enough to know that I don’t want to come within a million miles of it, and how it wrecks the lives of everybody involved.

Ralph came from the civil service end of the CIA, so had relatively clean hands, got a regular paycheck, looked forward to a pension, and the like. My relative was a contract agent, and life is very different for them. My relative’s spouse told me that if he had died in the line of duty, that she would get an under-the-table cash settlement, which I doubt would have been nearly what a CIA employee widow’s pension would have been like.

The Dulles brothers sold Eisenhower on a “cheap” form of imperial management, and drug running has long been a chief source of the CIA’s funding of covert ops. The entire exercise is not nearly as gold-plated as it might appear in spy movies (just like the life of a gangster is not so glamorous), and those spies were all expendable. Angleton’s confession near his life’s end kind of sums up the milieu.

But Ralph was a Boy Scout and drank that nationalist Kool-Aid, as did my relative (as did Dennis and Brian). Ralph finally woke up, but I doubt that my relative did, and Langley is full of zombies who kind of figured it out, and they shuffle through the halls, counting their days to retirement, and pouring themselves into a bottle each night.

I have other connections to the intelligence world, but most of my connections are because of the spooks’ interest in Dennis, and they also have not forgotten about me. I’ll get into that and how I see it all fitting together in coming posts.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 29th May 2020 at 01:25.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2020), Bluegreen (28th May 2020), gord (29th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), Reinhard (2nd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #8740
    Thanks

Hi:

I sketched out my early connections to intelligence (AKA “the spooks”), and I need to sketch Dennis’s, as he is the 800-pound gorilla of my life, my life was wrecked during my first stint with him, the spooks were definitely involved, and this is where the levels of the game come into play. Dennis was forced from home at age 13, expelled from high school when he was caught sleeping in the janitor’s closet, and joined the army as a paratrooping medic who wanted to become a surgeon and escape his agrarian roots. A month before his term of enlistment ended, he was inducted into a Special Forces mission to Cambodia and did his fair share of killing, actually, more than his fair share. That was his first brush with that world.

After his discharge, he went back home to Yakima, where he harshly awakened to the myth of American nationalism and nearly did not survive the experience. Then, he helped the FBI bust mobsters in Alaska and survived a couple of murder attempts. The lines between the FBI and CIA, and domestic and international spying and covert action, are blurry, and both organizations have crossed those lines plenty, but they have also had plenty of turf wars, joint efforts, and the like. Also, the CIA and FBI employed mobsters, as did the military, and those are just the federal government’s antics. On the privatized side are activities that beggar the imagination. Sitting presidents are way down the food chain of power on Earth, and they have known it ever since JFK was rudely put in his place. The CIA was definitely involved with the JFK hit, and if Stich was right, the FBI also helped plan it, as well as the Rockefellers, Lyndon Johnson, and George Bush the First. Nothing would surprise me on that subject, and Jack Ruby was no two-bit hustler, but a high-ranking mobster. The most ludicrous version of the JFK hit is that Oswald was a Lone Nut commie assassin who was killed by a Lone Nut nightclub owner.

That entire milieu, from low-level informants to the highest councils on Earth, is mind-boggling to consider, and few people can even think about these subjects without going off the deep end. I do my best to keep my writings limited to what I or those in my relatively small circle have experienced. There are many wild yarns out there, and a great deal is disinformation. Ralph and the few like him are about the only ex-CIA people that I trust to tell something resembling the truth. There are many fake and compromised whistleblowers. The real ones get sent through the meat grinder, and unless they do what Ralph and Marchetti did (or Gary and Stich), I take their revelations with a grain of salt.

When Mr. Big Time Attorney asked his pals at the CIA and FBI about Dennis, they confessed to having huge amounts of data on him, but I have never heard of the FBI’s coming after Dennis, and I wonder if some institutional memory is at play. Mormons helped wipe out and steal Dennis’s Seattle company, and helped wipe us out in Ventura, too. Many years later, when I heard Greer say that the Mormon financial empire is the most dominant member of the Global Controllers, it was one of those “hmmmm” moments of my journey.

When the CIA offered Dennis a billion dollars, on behalf of “European interests,” to fold up our operation in Ventura, that showed the private-interest aspect of the CIA, which is only half-jokingly referred to as the standing army of the Fortune 500.

Brian had a life-shortening encounter with the American military, after he co-hosted a UFO conference. When I told Brian, a decade later, about my friend’s underground technology show, his reply was, “So, he got a show from the spooks.” Brian was more interested in my CIA-contract-agent relative than he was that technology show, as those technologies are common knowledge in these circles.

So, these issues go way beyond what Ralph revealed in his book and subsequent work, but as with Ed and Noam’s Propaganda Model, for the issues they deal with, their work has been extraordinarily valuable.

I have assumed that I have been under constant surveillance since the 1980s, but the spooks just listen for now. I may have been subjected to some subtle sabotage, but I certainly cannot prove any of it and do my best to not get paranoid, which I have seen consume people’s sanity. Conspiracism can be a disease, but the spooks are very real and a force of their own.

So, I’ll wind down this Ralph thread for now, with maybe a coda post or two. Ralph was a great one, and it was a privilege to have known and helped him.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 29th May 2020 at 02:02.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2020), Bluegreen (29th May 2020), gord (29th May 2020), Joseph McAree (29th May 2020), Reinhard (2nd June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 536 FirstFirst 1 337 387 427 437 447 487 536 LastLast