Results 7,801 to 7,802 of 7802

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #7801
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 times in 5,065 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

Dennis’s heat pump is the best heating system that has ever been on the world market. Mr. Mentor’s hydraulic heat engine was considered to be the world’s best engine for powering an automobile. Heat engines and heat pumps work in opposite ways along temperature differentials. Mr. Mentor’s pressure intensifier turned a low-pressure liquid into a high-pressure one, and then the working fluid could be used to power hydraulic motors. That is pretty simple and uncontroversial. As fate would have it (my “friends” at work again, I suspect), I work today at a company that takes advantage of that same pressure intensifier concept to get 100K PSI pressures, but they don’t use it to power hydraulic motors. High-pressure liquids have many potential applications. Mr. Mentor’s engine, as I recall, only needed 2K PSI or so. His engine was built and run in the Rose Parade, by a company that stole his engine, and I think that I might have heard of their fate a decade later. Kangarooing people like that into prison is an American specialty, especially in California.

I brought Mr. Mentor out to Boston, to assess what we were doing. Was Dennis just dreaming? Not only did Mr. Mentor not declare Dennis’s idea “impossible,” but he proposed his own free energy idea: marrying the panels of Dennis’s heat pump to Mr. Mentor’s engine. Before we got very far along that path (Mr. Mentor is why we moved the operation to Ventura, as I later discovered), along came Victor Fischer, who had another hydraulic heat engine that had been more extensively developed (what are the odds of that?), and Dennis jumped onto that horse instead, just before we had the boom lowered on us. Is it possible for hydraulic heat engines and flat plate evaporators to make free energy? I don’t know, but the standard interpretation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics says that it can’t be done. I’ll likely never have the chance to find out, as Mr. Mentor’s engine may not be built again, at least in my lifetime. And compared to what I know is in Godzilla’s Golden Hoard, heat engines and heat pumps are cave man technology.

For me, the lessons of Dennis’s heat pump and Mr. Mentor’s heat engine are about the fate of disruptive technologies in American industrial capitalism. The idea that the better mousetrap prevails in the “free market” is a fairy tale, and is one of many that the public is fed.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; Yesterday at 14:41.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (Yesterday), Krist (Yesterday)

3. Link to Post #7802
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 times in 5,065 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

To briefly return to the post that began my Free Energy Follies thread, my experience was by no means unusual in the field. Betrayal by one’s social circle, and by family members in particular, is standard in the milieu. When I traded notes with fellow travelers, or heard about others relating their experiences, betrayal by family members was a common theme. The story of the Biblical Joseph describes a pretty typical situation. I have murderers in my family, and they generally murdered family members. When I heard that my own mother was campaigning against me, it no longer even hurt anymore, as I had received both barrels of that behavior on my journey, and what my former girlfriend did was just a gentle preview. When I see gung-ho newbies rush out to tell their social circles the “good news,” I do what I can to discourage it. They just have to go out and discover the hard way that nobody is home in their social circles. Those in their social circles simply don’t care, even the “hippest” ones, and their feeding that gung-ho newbie to the sharks, if the opportunity presents itself, is normal. Taking the path of sociality for this Epochal effort is a guarantee of disaster.

Whistleblowers have described a similar process. These are all merely facets of my journey’s primary lesson. There is really nothing remarkable about it, although I would say that the perils and temptations of the free energy pursuit magnify those behaviors by orders of magnitude. For every beacon in the darkness, such as Dennis, Mr. Professor, and Brian, many more act criminally and despicably, turning into Orcs lusting after the One Ring, and those beacons on the darkness often became flaming martyrs, while the mob cheered and roasted marshmallows. I got my first taste of that when I had been at Dennis’s company for only three months, and it was only a gentle preview of what lied ahead.

One of the greatest Free Energy Follies is thinking that one’s social circle is going to truly support the aspirant, especially when the going gets hard, and it has always been hard, for every aspirant that I ever heard of. Their social circles usually made it harder, not easier.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (Yesterday), Krist (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst 1 291 341 381 391