Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8541
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I could go on for many more posts on my cast of characters, such as the loyalists, the many obtuse Level 3s, such as Richard Stallman, “visionaries” such as the Venus Project founder, doomsayers such as Richard Heinberg, the many troll-infested forums that I have been in and the admins that then ganged up with the trolls (1, 2), to organized skepticism, to my adventures at Wikipedia (1, 2), to Bill’s oasis at Avalon, with over 5,000 posts and counting, to the pals and pupils that I have met along the way. I have had many thousands of interactions with the public since 1987, and it was all educational.

I am going to wrap up this thread for now, and finish it with what I learned through all of that. It all had an influence on my adoption of my current strategy.

Best,

Wade
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th February 2020), Chris Gilbert (19th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (18th February 2020), Franny (19th February 2020), gord (19th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), Marsha Piper (20th February 2020), onevoice (26th February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

3. Link to Post #8542
    Thanks

Hi:

In wrapping up this series of posts of the cast of characters on my journey, what did I learn through it all? More than I could have ever imagined, and if I had any idea what I was in for when that voice guided my steps (1, 2), to when I chased Dennis to Boston, to when I drove the truck to Ventura, I might have run away, screaming. I can’t regret any of it, but what a way to learn, and everything since 1988 has been the small stuff on my life’s learning curve. All of the study was merely developing a little more scientific and academic perspective on what I had already learned the hard way. When I encountered Noam and Ed’s work, it only put a scholarly sheen on what I had already experienced with the media. When I began reading up on the American history that I was taught versus reality, none of it was too surprising, including going to a grammar school named after a genocidist who became a saint.

Most of my vision of the Fifth Epoch was developed during my first stint with Dennis, and when I heard about my pal’s getting an underground technology show, or Sparky Sweet’s travails, or I encountered Uncle Bucky’s work and the comprehensive light bulb finally went on, they were only small incremental lessons that were more like the frosting than the cake of my radicalized awareness.

As Alison told me one day, their odyssey was really about learning about humanity, more than anything else, and more than 45 years after I got my first energy vision, I have to agree with her. So, some posts are coming on what I learned via that cast of characters, and how they influenced the direction that I have taken.

Best,

Wade

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (18th February 2020), Franny (19th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), Marsha Piper (20th February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

5. Link to Post #8543
    Thanks

Hi:

In summary, the cast of characters in my journey included:

I learned my life’s greatest lessons during my first stint with Dennis, and have summarized the key lessons that I learned from it, and other lessons learned along the way to where I am today.

What it really came down to was a search for people with the right stuff, and they exist, but are extremely rare. Those who play the game at heroic levels virtually do not exist on Earth, and I don’t really seek them. They are already engaged in their labors, usually are so wrapped up in their journeys that they are not going to have the time or interest in what I am doing. I wish them the best, and my effort may help them. I doubt that I or anybody else can round them up to try out the heroic approach to manifesting the Fifth Epoch, so it will be up to the rest of us.

But, I also know that the masses are not fit for the task, either. They primarily sleep the fitful sleep of ignorance, just trying to survive to the next day and temporarily sate their addictions. They will be the primary beneficiaries of the coming of the Fifth Epoch, but they are not going to help us get there. They are easily manipulated to cheer as people like Dennis are burned at the stake, and are their own worst enemies. However, when the background hum of scarcity and fear is removed from human societies, I think that the human potential can flower in ways that are hard to imagine today, while Earth also heals. As humanity’s surplus energy has increased, societies have become more humane, because they could afford to be. When there is plenty, there is peace.

The free energy field has been in a state of arrested development since before I was born, dominated by inventors with their gizmos, scientists with their theories, plants, dupes, gawkers, assailants, and even a “skeptic” or two, welcomed into our midst, incredibly. The naďveté of those in the field continues to astound me, and when the naďve begin to awaken they can become crazily paranoid, lashing out at their few true allies.

After licking my wounds for several years after my first stint with Dennis, enjoying married life and beginning my years of study, I began to engage the public, and it was a different kind of education. While I found pals and pupils here and there, it was largely a walk through the desert of denial, indifference, assailants, and the hostility of people’s defenses of the ideologies that feed them, both the obvious and subtle ones. My work takes them all on, as all of them are barriers to the level of comprehension needed for what I am doing. Our minds and spirits have to be freed from the song of scarcity for my effort to have a chance.

As I performed my studies and engaged the public, and joined one last mass movement effort, I eventually learned that what I was producing is known as comprehensive work, and I slowly learned that only people with comprehensive perspectives were going to be of any use for what I am doing. Otherwise, they hack at branches, disappear down all manner of rabbit hole, cannot refrain from proposing “bright ideas” that have been tried thousands of times, and watching that spectacle has been teaching me patience.

I eventually realized what all efforts that I had been involved with or was aware of were lacking, and I decided to mount an effort to simply raise awareness, to find people who cared, were awake, and who could do the work to learn the notes and hit them with me, and I long to hear higher notes than I can hit. If nothing else, nothing like the choir I have in mind has been heard on Earth before. The song of abundance has never been heard in chorus before, but it can help set the stage for the next Epoch to manifest, and like all previous Epochs, it will be based on our energy practices. Without new energy practices, that Epoch cannot manifest, and until the new Epoch manifests, almost nobody on Earth will be able to even imagine it, or even want to, and that is normal. I relinquished any judgment of this situation long ago, and am doing what I can to inch the ball down the field toward the goal. Those that I seek will easily recognize the merit in what I am doing and do the work. I don’t have to sell them on it. The problem will be finding each other, and a chorus on my end will help.

So, I am wrapping up this thread for now with this post, but will likely have stray posts to add to it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 19th February 2020 at 13:19.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (20th February 2020), gord (19th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), JRS (20th February 2020), Marsha Piper (20th February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

7. Link to Post #8544
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Greetings and Welcome Wade! It will take me some time to get to all the material you have posted but I look forward to stimulating conversations with you!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (20th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), Wade Frazier (19th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #8545
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)
    Greetings and Welcome Wade! It will take me some time to get to all the material you have posted but I look forward to stimulating conversations with you!
    The best place to start as an intro overview to Wade's almost unbelievable life may be this extremely interesting 2009 interview:

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (20th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (20th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (19th February 2020), Reinhard (21st February 2020), Wade Frazier (19th February 2020), Yoda (19th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #8546
    Thanks

Hi Geophyz and Bill:

My Camelot interview will likely always be my favorite one, as I won’t have another with Brian again, and Bill’s savoir faire is very unusual and welcome in this field.

Boy, my work has come a long way since my first site in 1996, when I would post up 50-page essays with no chapters in them. From the beginning, helpful readers have suggested ways to make my work more accessible, and I have tried to do that without watering it down. I think that the first chapter of my big essay boils down my journey and what I am attempting as succinctly as I can. I have been plunking away at revising my big essay, but will have to get cracking to get it finished this year, and I will likely follow it with a book, and then more interviews, etc. We’ll see how those plans work out.

I see, Geophyz, that you have a scientific background. That can be helpful for what I am doing. I look forward to your posts.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 19th February 2020 at 15:58.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (20th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (19th February 2020), Reinhard (21st February 2020)

13. Link to Post #8547
    Thanks

Hi:

When Bill wrote about my “almost unbelievable life,” it kind of struck me. Parts of it are hard to believe, even for me. This is one of the many challenges that I face in my work. I actually tone down my life’s story quite a bit in the public rendition of it, but yes, people do find it hard to believe, and even people who know me and find out a little about my “other” life find it hard to believe, and will challenge me on basic, documented, facts, such as my speaking at DOE hearings on the nuclear waste issue, or even Brian’s astronaut and Mars mission credentials. Easy stuff to prove, but I even get challenged and “debunked” on stuff like that. So, a voice in my head that led me on my journey, or my pal’s underground technology show, is far, far beyond what John Q. Public can even begin to digest. It is not the view that people can see from the cubicle, the TV news, or surfing the Internet, so it is unbelievable to them. In my small circle of fellow travelers, there is no doubt at all, and some of them can top my stories by a long way. Michael Hyson is one of them.

Those closest to me often try to downplay and normalize my life, almost in a kind of denial, to minimize my experiences, maybe so that they can handle it. I do try to live a normal life, I work in a cubicle in an R&D facility, crunching numbers for the capitalists, but I also have had many life experiences that simply blow people out of the water, and I really don’t like talking about my life much, because I often get that “skepticism,” denial, fear, and the rest, as people project their fears and delusions on me, and I am so tired of that.

So, Bill’s background allows him to take in my journey. Few really can. At Avalon, I don’t participate much beyond my thread, but I am aware of the subjects being discussed. Some are related to what I do, and one of the main reasons why I am at Avalon is that my journey fits right in on the strangeness scale. Most of what I see discussed in forums like Avalon are tall tales that have little documentary or other support for them, so my story is kind of mundane, and that suits me fine.

My story, or Dennis’s (which is far more unbelievable than mine is), or Brian’s, are only really important, IMO, for the lessons that we learned on our journeys. None of us tried to pursue bizarre experiences. We just tried to make a dent, none of us had any idea about what we were really getting into, and what we experienced just came with the territory of pursuing the biggest event in the human journey, although none of us started out thinking that way. Even today, Dennis does not really understand the magnitude of it, and Brian did not quite understand, either. If Brian had lived to read my big essay, he would have, and I am sure that he is cheering me on from The Great Beyond.

But our journeys were preposterous, and I have watched many people go off the deep end by merely brushing up against this material, which is why I state that people have to have both feet firmly on the ground to engage Wade’s World. It is not for dabblers, the faint of heart, and the like. That is why I so heavily document my work, so that people can do the dive. There is far more meat to my story, which is easily obtained, than I discuss publicly. One day, I may be freed to tell more about it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st February 2020 at 03:00.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (20th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), JRS (20th February 2020), Mike (20th February 2020), Reinhard (21st February 2020)

15. Link to Post #8548
    Thanks

Hi:

My previous post was on the surreal events in my life, but current events can seem more surreal to me. Key Antarctica ice sheets are in danger of collapse, and I might even see some of it in my lifetime. The so-called Global Warming debate has been a highly misleading spectacle that was fueled by the hydrocarbon lobby and a compliant media. The basics of global warming are indisputable, but even the recent high-profile pledge by the world’s richest man, in my natal town, no less, will be more of the “philanthropy” that I am so familiar with. For a mere 2% of what Bezos is pledging, the Fifth Epoch will arrive, and all of our environmental issues will be quickly solved as mere side effects. I am not holding my breath. Brian was beside himself at his life’s end at how free energy was completely swept off of the table in all “progressive” and “philanthropic” circles, as he got the door slammed in his face while those same organizations feted doomsayers such as Heinberg. Now, that is surreal.

It took me many years to finally understand what I was seeing: people’s addictions to scarcity and fear. It is like they know no other way, and as Bucky said, it is deeply baked into the human psyche. That is partly why I write that it will take a generation or two before the Fifth Epoch really “seats” in human awareness. It is unimaginable today, and even after it arrives, people are going to try to drape scarcity and fear all over it, as they do today, but they will eventually awaken, when faced with the reality. I don’t expect the masses to begin to awaken before then. It has been that way for every Epoch, and I don’t expect it to be different this time. Looking for needles

Best,

Wade

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (20th February 2020), JRS (22nd February 2020), Mike (20th February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

17. Link to Post #8549
    Thanks

Hi:

When Dennis let me move back home to Seattle in the spring of 1997, I began the studies and writing that led to my site today. I took nearly two years off, studying and writing, and I also had great hiking years, with some of the more epic backpacks of my life, including the trip to Image Lake via Spider Gap and the Lyman Lakes basin.

In early 1999, I was still studying and writing, but a college roommate bugged me enough so that I visited a recruiter and soon worked at my first Internet company. That did not last long, and I spent the summer of 1999 performing my studies for my World War II essay. The toll of that summer was high, it damaged my marriage, but it also provided more incentive to quit drinking, and the next year, I did, after trying to quit for ten years. If I had not, I might not be here today, as I quit just as my monster of midlife crisis arrived.

In the autumn of 1999, I was ready to take a break from study and writing, and got a consulting job at a transportation company (my trucking background helped my landing that gig, which was the most money that I had made in my life to that time). That is where I met Brent. I vaguely recall meeting him, and we must have talked hiking some, because he invited me to go hiking with him in early December, when I had been there only about six weeks. The hiking summers of 1998 and 1999 were trying for me, after I turned 40. Until then, I could sit at a desk for a year, strap on a pack, and do a 40-miler. But those two summers were difficult on the hiking front, as it became increasingly obvious that I could no longer get away with hiking that way. But three-season hiking was all that I knew, and particularly summer hiking, as the meadows opened up, and in 1998 and 1999, I did not start hiking until summer. In 1999, a knee gave me problems all summer, and the pain did not finally go away until the end of the season. Something had to change, but I did not know what that would look like.

Hiking in December was not something that I had done before. I preferred the high meadows, etc., like anybody who does much hiking. When I meet people, they don’t hear about Wade’s World. Almost more than ever, I am very cautious about having that conversation with people. With that hike, Brent introduced me to winter hiking. As we drove in his car to hike at what is now my favorite local mountain, I probed him a little, asking if he knew who Noam Chomsky was, and he was a fan. Well, we hit it off immediately.

In my days of summer hiking, the usual pattern was getting up early, driving at least a couple of hours to a trailhead, hiking all day, and returning home in the evening. What Brent introduced me to was driving less than 30 minutes to a trailhead, hiking for maybe three hours, and being home by noon. Not only was that new to me, but because of the winter hiking that he introduced me to, I became a year-round hiker, which was new to me. It was the hiking revelation of my lifetime. When you are only hiking for a few hours, rain and snow are not big deals, so the weather was not really an issue. One picture shows Brent and two close pals that I hike with today, on the coldest day that I ever hiked. It was around zero degrees Fahrenheit that day on top of that local mountain. We did not stay there long.

If I had not been hiking year-round for the past 20 years, my hiking career might have ended by now. Hiking year-round keeps me in shape so that I can still do it, and I plan to hike as long as I am able, at least into my 80s, like my uncle did.

Thus began my relationship with Brent, and we hiked together most weeks, even after work as well as on the weekend some weeks, from 1999 to when I resumed my career in 2003, at another Internet company, after finishing my site. We also backpacked together, beginning in 2000, and he went along on my midlife crisis trip, as we tried to get into one of the hardest lakes to get into in Washington, which also means the lower-48 states. He took that picture of me, attached, sitting with that lake in the background. We got snowed out soon after he took that picture.

I also took him to some of my favorite spots, such as that meadow that he is standing in. We always got along, and formed a fast friendship. Brent was a man’s man, and in the pictures that I have posted of us, you can see my arm around him, but that was never reciprocated, and in that, may be a hint of his eventual suicide.

You can also see that Brent could have stood to lose a few pounds in the earlier photos of him. He carried around about 35 extra pounds. I began fighting my weight in my early 40s, and it is a battle that continues to this day. But, as I write this, I am on day 28 of what may be the longest fast of my life, as I am determined to lose the lard and keep it off. We’ll see how that goes. Up until about 2010, Brent and I still got out several times a year, and got in a backpack in most years. But my life still took its toll, and my day job was an unrelenting hurricane for ten years. In 2007, I began to burn out from the relentless pace, and did not get out hiking every week. Brent had cultivated his hiking circles, I still have hiking buddies from those days, but as I hiked less and less, Brent joined an Internet hiking board, which grew to over 15,000 members, and he was their leader. Brent began taking out groups of 20 or so, that was not my scene, so we only got out a few times a year after he got involved with leading group hikes like that.

About the same time, Brent hit his early 40s, and I told him that those extra pounds would begin to take their toll. It was about when I expected his midlife crisis to hit, and the next time that I saw him, he had lost those 35 pounds, his wife also lost her extra weight, and Brent was a trim physical specimen for the rest of his life. He credited my observation as his inspiration to take off that weight, and it seemed that he weathered his midlife years without a scratch, and was even triumphant. Oh, how looks can deceive.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brent snow.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	42541   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade azure.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	42542   Click image for larger version

Name:	brent cady.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	42543   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger boys snow.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	42544  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st February 2020 at 13:21.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (21st February 2020), Krist (21st February 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

19. Link to Post #8550
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    If I had not been hiking year-round for the past 20 years, my hiking career might have ended by now. Hiking year-round keeps me in shape so that I can still do it, and I plan to hike as long as I am able, at least into my 80s, like my uncle did.
    Right on.

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    as I write this, I am on day 28 of what may be the longest fast of my life
    Do see our Water Fasting thread: ... there's a lot of good info (and personal accounts) there. One of our members, Flyswim, went for 40 days a couple of years ago. (Personally, I've never gone beyond 14.) 28+ is exceptional!

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (21st February 2020), kudzy (21st February 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020), Wade Frazier (21st February 2020), Yoda (22nd February 2020)

21. Link to Post #8551
    Thanks

Thanks Bill:

I began a fasting regimen when I was 17, and until I was 24, I did water fasts, as Bragg advocated, and the longest that I ever did was six days, and it was so hard. Then, I tried a juice fast that I had read about over the years, did one for a few days, and it was easy. Then I immediately did a 32-dayer, and it was effortless. My record is 45 days, when I fasted partly because it was cheaper than eating ( ), and we’ll see how this one goes. I might go another month. It seems that juice fasts cleanse as well as water fasts do, I used to fast while I backpacked, and my lifetime’s best backpack was done on a fast, by myself.

I will make a post one day on how, like with heart disease, science is finally beginning to catch up to what us empiricists have long known: fasting is a miraculous process. One pal cured his bladder cancer with a 70-day fast, and one pal did a 90-day fast, which is the longest that I have heard of.

I have not done a fast this long in several years, and I made the dietary changes in the past couple of years (no sugar, salt, flour, etc.) that I think that I can win the battle to keep it off.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd February 2020 at 03:50.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Joseph McAree (21st February 2020), kudzy (21st February 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020)

23. Link to Post #8552
    Thanks

Hi:

I am working six and seven days weeks these days, and only my fasting is allowing me to work that long and still do stuff like make my posts. Near the top of my list is getting the software so that I can have that conversation with Michael Hyson and publish it. I recently wrote of his colleague Elizabeth Rauscher, and one topic of discussion is going to be the similarities of human and cetacean brains, particularly dolphins. As usual, the energy issue reigns supreme. Big brains need a lot of energy to run, and there seems to be evolutionary convergence with big-brained animals. I have been reading articles on that (1, 2, 3, 4). My essay update will discuss it.

On an imperial note, this was interesting reading on the USA’s imperial project over the past generation. But this goes back farther, and the fall of the Soviet Union can be seen as a watershed moment. With the Soviet Union gone, the USA wasted no time in launching military adventures in the Middle East, whereas earlier, it had merely overthrown governments and fomented wars, such as between Iran and Iraq. It eagerly tore apart Yugoslavia, and once in a while, insiders would admit the real game being played.

As I write this, next to me is what may well be the last paper edition of Z Magazine, marking the end of an era. Ed contributed to the end of his life, on a wide array of topics, and in what may be the final issue, a cover story, as usual, is an interview with Noam on the USA’s international crimes.

Best,

Wade

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Hym (25th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

25. Link to Post #8553
    Thanks

Hi:

Back to Brent. He got a degree in journalism, which is kind of one of those worthless degrees in the USA, in which journalists are heavily indoctrinated to produce what they do, which is little more than propaganda. Brent actually met Ed Bernays while he was in college, attending a conference in New York. Brent never used his degree, and instead went into sales support, which was what he was doing when I met him. Being hip to Chomsky would not have been easy, and still be a journalist. In fact, being hip to people like Noam made Brent a black sheep in his family. His father was a high school history teacher who was a Rush Limbaugh fan, and Brent grew up with his father’s prized autographed picture of Rush on the wall in his home.

My father was a right-winger, too, but even I have a hard time imagining growing up with a father who was a Rush Limbaugh fan. That likely contributed to a lot of the pain in Brent’s life. I doubt that he did it on our first hike together, but before long, he imbibed inebriants on our hikes, and he did it on every hike that we ever took since the earliest days of our relationship. I have often wondered if his reliance on inebriants helped lead to his suicide. It couldn’t have helped. I wrestled with the bottle for 20 years before finally triumphing, and using inebriants to cope is far less than a healthy practice.

Our day hikes were usually the local affairs in which we were back home by noon, but we had epic backpacking trips, and that snowed out-trip to Azure Lake in 2000 was one of our early ones. Also in 2000, I took a loop trip, when I came close to dying, and in the early part of it, I saw White Pass for the first time. I took Brent there the next year, and pics are here and attached. It was an epic trip, and we came out on September 9, 2001, which was my last “emotionally up” day for the next several years. Two days later was 9/11, which is what began the dark phase of my midlife crisis, which lasted until Dennis invited me to the White House. I took another trip to White Pass with Brent immediately after Dennis’s visit, and a pic is here and attached. In fact, that one attached picture, as Brent is on the trail back to our camp, is a haunting image for me, symbolizing Brent in his heaven, on his way. There was a forest fire in the vicinity that day, which led to the smoky horizon, which has been an increasing issue in the past generation. So, trips to White Pass with Brent bookended the darkest phase of my midlife crisis, and there was something significant about that.

A year or two later, Brent introduced me to a young relative of his, who was 19 years old. His aunt gave him a free energy book to read, he became a free energy enthusiast, and Brent asked if I would be willing to talk to the kid. I did, on a couple of hikes, when Brent began to lead large groups, and he came by my house to talk, around 2008, as I recall. That became one of my lessons on talking about Wade’s World. The kid went off the deep end a few weeks later, in a psychotic break, around crazy paranoia of the GCs. He was in college at the time, but ended up in a mental institution, was diagnosed as schizophrenic, and his family blamed me for sending him over the edge, just for talking to him a few times about Wade’s World. Maybe what I did helped trigger him, but his father gave him psychedelic mushrooms the year before, on a rite-of-passage “vision quest,” and the kid was likely heading where he ended up, with my “help” or not. But that became one of many events which led to my being very cautious about whom I discuss Wade’s World with. That kid had to drop out of college and washes dishes in a restaurant, living in his parents’ basement, and is doped up with antipsychotic meds, the last I heard. I don’t consider him a free energy casualty, but one more cautionary tale on how you need to have both feet firmly on the ground to even begin to engage my work. I have watched people blow gaskets over my work ever since I first published it in 1996.

Best,

Wade

Name:	brent seattle.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	42560   Click image for larger version

Name:	brent white smoke.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	42561   Click image for larger version

Name:	brent white3.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	42562   Click image for larger version

Name:	brent white pass.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	42563  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd February 2020 at 19:54.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Chris Gilbert (22nd February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), JRS (24th February 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

27. Link to Post #8554
    Thanks

Hi:

As a little aside, the picture that Bill used to introduce me is from that 2006 trip to White Pass, taken in the meadow where our camp was. That picture seems to be the one most associated with me on the Internet. I can’t complain, but I may update the “official” photo of me on the Internet, as I become an old man.

Best,

Wade

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), Melinda (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

29. Link to Post #8555
    Thanks

Hi:

I have discussed some of this recently, and yesterday, I was at a family gathering, and discussed some of it. When my family went “health nut” when I was 12, it was really my first awakening moment, and the booklet that saved my father’s life was banned in the USA a decade later, because its thesis was “unproven and contrary to the weight of informed medical and scientific opinion.” Well, today that “unproven and contrary” thesis has been embraced by the medical establishment as the first line of defense against heart disease. I lived to see it go from the quacky/wacky and banned fringes to the mainstream. Of course, that skewered pioneer is likely not going to receive any credit, while the interest-conflicted mouthpieces for the food processors quietly fade away with their ill-gotten lucre.

Similarly, I became a vegan when I was 20, and while I was naturally ridiculed for that choice, it seemed harmless enough, and I was kind of a celebrity in Ohio, as people there had never seen vegetarians before. So, I felt like Rip Van Winkle when I saw an attack on vegetarians in an alternative medical journal in the year 2000, calling them all PETA fanatics and even invoking Hitler in the attack. A mere 20 years later, vegetarian meat substitutes are now the hot capitalist play, with Beyond Meat’s stock skyrocketing. I see that John Robbins has not written in his blog since 2012, but I wonder what he thinks about it. Oh, I will not eat Beyond Meat’s frankenfood, with its fake blood, etc. Real vegetarians don’t want to eat something that looks and tastes like meat, but isn’t. But I am amazed to see vegetarian diets become popular.

It is only in the past week or two that I have been seeing articles that again make me feel like Rip Van Winkle, as Western medicine is now beginning to embrace fasting, and a Nobel Prize was won a few years ago on pioneering work on autophagy, which fasting triggers. Yesterday, a relative said that he saw a positive article on fasting in the New York Times this past week. I have been considered bizarre for my fasting ways since I was 17, I have seen many “medical” articles attack fasting over the years, and now it is entering the mainstream. This is another “I never thought that I would live to see it” moment in my life. It is astounding to see it hit the mainstream.

When I wrote Ed’s bio, an academic wrote that the Propaganda Model is no longer as ridiculed in the classroom as it used to be, and that progress had been made.

So, what other ideas may come in from the cold and become common knowledge before long? I’ll take these:

That might all seem like a Peter Pan fantasy, but in light of those other events happening, which I did not expect to live to see, call me optimistic that my plan might have a chance of making a dent. If free energy makes its appearance in my lifetime, those realizations listed above all will happen, as a matter of course. When scarcity and fear are no longer the background hum of human societies, the world will end as we know it, but that won’t be a bad thing. The world that we live in deserves to end, and all of the self-serving intellectual houses of cards will collapse, as integrity and sentience (AKA love and enlightenment) become the byword of human societies.

What I won’t be doing is watering down my work and pandering to people’s delusions, to build enough “internal cohesion” for a mass movement effort. I am interested in enough people’s hitting the high notes, not lowering the bar so that people can still drag their delusions along with them. Others have tried and likely will continue to try those low paths, but they hold no interest for me. Somebody has to try the high road, and I am the last man standing among my colleagues.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd February 2020 at 17:49.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (24th February 2020), earthdreamer (28th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), JRS (24th February 2020), Reinhard (23rd February 2020)

31. Link to Post #8556
    Thanks

Hi:

A brief note on Assange, as his extradition trial begins tomorrow.

Caitlin Johnstone is carrying the torch, as are others, and she is good at pointing out not only the media’s hypocrisy, but its criminality. The media spins and covers for genocide regularly, so skewering Assange is small stuff for them, but they don’t seem to get it that they will be next, or they think that they will be servile enough to not get the Assange Treatment one day. The skids have been greased. It is so corrupt and evil that it beggars description, but I know this terrain all too well (1, 2), unfortunately. In the echo chamber of lies, Assange is a Russian asset, so is Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard, etc. Maybe they really do believe that everybody is an idiot, and that they can keep doing their Jedi Mind Trick on everybody. More likely is what I saw with Mr. Skeptic and the like; they know that you know that they are lying, but it doesn’t matter. They get away with it, anyway. Dark pathers rule the roost, in virtually every direction that you can look.

This is how our world works today. Grim times, but it can change. However, enough people need to care enough, first. That is the hard part.

Best,

Wade

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Denise/Dizi (28th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (24th February 2020), earthdreamer (28th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), JRS (24th February 2020), Reinhard (24th February 2020)

33. Link to Post #8557
    Thanks

Hi:

My will calls for my ashes to be scattered in upper Lyman Basin. I am attaching a pic from the first time that I saw Lyman Basin, from Spider Gap in 1986, on my lifetime’s longest day hike. It is over eight miles and 3,600 feet to Spider Gap from the trailhead. That rock you can see to my left is also in the 1997 and 2005 pictures of my sitting at the pass, and I took a picture from there on my first geriatric hike in 2017, and I’ll attach that pic soon.

Attached is also a picture from that day in Spider Meadow in 1986. Spider Gap is directly above me and a little behind me in that picture, at the bottom of that red mountain (the highest mountain in that picture, which is called Red Mountain) that slopes to the right. It is truly spectacular country, and I hope that I see it again.

In 1997, I took a 45-mile loop over Spider Gap through Lyman Basin to Image Lake to Buck Creek Pass and then out. That best backpack of my lifetime, on a fast, was in August 1988, as my life was falling apart. I have attached a pic from me at Buck Creek Pass from that 1988 trip. That 1988 trip was a bit of serendipity. I was originally heading to Buck Creek Pass, but the flies were so thick and harrying me that I missed the trail that went to it. About a mile past the turnoff to Buck Creek Pass, I realized that I missed it, but decided to just go exploring up the valley that ended at Chiwawa Mountain. When I got to Chiwawa Basin, (pic attached, with Fortress Mountain in the background) I left the trail and bushwhacked up a side-valley to Fortress Mountain, broke out of some brush to startle a herd of deer, led by a four-point buck (glad that I didn’t startle a bear ), and got to a meadow at the base of Fortress Mountain. I have attached a picture of my tent in that meadow. When I got there, weather hit, and I stayed in that tent for the next day and read The Left Hand of Darkness. To this day, it was one of my most memorable reading experiences.

In order to get the pics in, I’ll have to break this into two posts. This is all a prelude to my trip with Brent to Lyman Basin in 2005.

Best,

Wade

Name:	spider gap 1986.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	42575   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade spider meadow 86.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	42576   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade buck pass 1988.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	42577   Click image for larger version

Name:	tent chiwawa.jpg
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	42578  

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (24th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), JRS (24th February 2020)

35. Link to Post #8558
    Thanks

Hi:

The next morning dawned gloriously, and that picture of my tent at the foot of Fortress Mountain is taken of that morning, and I scrambled over Fortress Mountain that morning (and nearly died, as the mountainside began crumbling beneath my boots at one stage, and it was a long way down), and at the top the view was out of a fairy tale, with deer in meadows and Glacier Peak in the distance, and I made my way to Buck Creek Pass and over to Triad Lake, where I pitched my tent in another glorious meadow, pic attached. I read one of Carlos Castaneda’s books (Journey to Ixtlan) in that meadow below Triad Lake.

The next day, I hiked to High Pass, at the head of the legendary Napeequa Valley, pic attached. At Buck Creek Pass, I saw the first people since I began that trip, in the distance, at their camp. I did not talk to a person on that trip until I met somebody coming in as I was going out to the trailhead on the last day.

I said a prayer of heartfelt thanks as I left that meadow below Triad Lake, and the next day I was back with my favorite aunt and uncle. The day after that, I was driving back to Ventura, to begin the process of filing for bankruptcy, working in LA again, of all places, I would soon have my day of awakening on the witness stand, and 1988 was the year of my radicalization and my life’s worst year. But I got together with my future wife that year, and I had that idyllic trip to Santa Cruz Island, so, even in the depths of the darkness, there was still compensation, and hiking and scrambling in the Cascades that summer definitely helped.

Best,

Wade

Name:	chiwawa 1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	42579   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade napeequa 1988.JPG
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	42580   Click image for larger version

Name:	triad 1988.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	42581   Click image for larger version

Name:	triad 1988 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	42582  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 7th March 2020 at 14:03.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (24th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020), JRS (24th February 2020)

37. Link to Post #8559
    Thanks

Hi:

Perhaps the closest that I came to dying in the mountains was the summer after I was married, as I “tobogganed” down a mountainside, after visiting my first glacier. But nearly being hit by lightning, and scrambling across a snowfield without any ice ax or pole, is up there on the danger scale, and I was too young and stupid to know any better.

That same summer of 1990, I did the most rugged trip of my life, as my cousin and I hiked straight up a mountainside to Stout Lake. Attached is a selfie taken atop the mountain above Stout Lake. On the way out, it was kind of a controlled fall down the mountainside, hanging onto trees between descents and grabbing the next one on the way down. A sole on my first pair of boots came apart on that descent, I had to take a pack strap and tie that boot together. The trail in was only a few years old, but had not been maintained, and we had to negotiate dozens of blown-down trees. The trail is completely overgrown today, so very few people get back in there today. On the way out, in the dark, as I began to duck under a blowdown, I caught a branch in my eyeball. That was the closest that I ever came to losing an eye.

When I moved to Ohio, my cousin and I had trips on our list such as Azure Lake, but I worried that if I waited too long to return to Seattle, that I would be too old to do the really rugged ones. I was right. When I moved back in 1997, I was nearly 39, and I was getting too old to do stuff like that. So, my aborted trip to Azure Lake in 2000 I call my midlife crisis trip. My uncle who introduced me to hiking was a remarkable man. Uncle George simply lived for hiking, and was the patriarch of the Hi-Laker Club. At his funeral, the president of the club spoke, and said that if they ever erected a statue of anybody, it would be of my uncle.

George left behind a collection of 10,000 slides from his adventures that his family is still trying to sort through. My family had long since burned out from his slide shows, but I had a “professional” interest in his shows, and would watch his annual shows and ask questions about the places depicted in the slides. Search and rescue teams would take my uncle up in planes to search for lost hikers, as he knew the terrain better than anybody. My uncle documented each lake that he hiked to, for every year, noting the fish in them and conditions. He liked to get slide photos of each place that he visited, and he always tried to get to the tops of the mountains. When I returned to Seattle, he told me of a lake that he got into, but the store that he had his film developed at lost his images. The lake was so hard to get into that he was not going to be the one to revisit it for a prized photo. He needed a young idiot to get in there and take them, and he was in luck: one just moved back home to Seattle.

So, in 1998, I hiked into Sourdough Lake for Uncle George, to get his coveted picture. The hike to Sourdough Mountain lookout alone is one of the hardest day hikes in the Cascades, going 5,000 feet, straight up the mountainside. How I got there was to leave the trail at about 4,000 up and detour to Jeanita Lake, which was a great little spot. The next morning, it was up to the top of Sourdough Mountain, where I took a self-portrait, and then down the other side to Sourdough Lake. It was like coming down from Stout Lake, as I kind of tumbled down the mountainside to the lake. I was doing my studying for my site, and unlike the 1988 trip with a couple of small paperback books, I brought along two tomes (1, 2) that I used for both my Columbus essay and early parts of my American Empire essay. Oh, the things that you can still do at 40!

I still have that raft that you can see me in in 1986, I took it on that trip to Sourdough Lake, and it was a good thing. When I camped at the lake’s outlet, I could see that getting out was not going to be easy. The entire shoreline was cliffs. The outlet was the only level ground, and the inlet was the least steep part of the shoreline, where I could see a route out, but how to get there? I put everything into my raft and rafted across the lake. If that raft had sprung a leak and sunk on that little trip, I would have been in trouble, losing my boots and everything else. Probably not risk-of-death trouble, but it would have been an agonizing and bloody trip out. I won’t take risks like that in my old age. But I returned with Uncle George’s coveted slides.

So, two years later, I mounted my midlife crisis trip to Azure Lake, before I got too old to do it. We went in September of 2000. The previous month was when I first saw White Pass, and I came close to dying on that trip, too, sliding down the mountainside by mistake, after a long and tiring day of leading my party over miles of snow. Ten minutes later, while I was still shaken up by the fall, I had to lead us over a stretch in which one slip was certain death. I don’t want to face a situation like that ever again. When the Azure Lake trip arrived in mid-September, I had a bad feeling about it, weather-wise, but Brent was insistent. We were going to some very rugged country, and the beginning of the trip was the same route that I took to the top of Sourdough Mountain. Brent invited along his cousin, and when we got out of my car, Brent’s cousin put on about the equivalent of tennis shoes, and I got a bad feeling right there.

My tent that you see on that 1988 trip was nice, but cheaply made, and was really a summer tent. I tried to waterproof it better before that Azure trip, with Scotchgard. The first day, we camped at Jeanita Lake, as I did a couple of years previously, and Brent tried to lead a trip there 14 years later, but was weathered out.

The storm caught us on the ridge toward Azure Lake. Because of his cousin’s tennis shoes, we were stuck there, and my tent leaked the entire time. Brent took the attached photo of my tent. My sleeping bag was thankfully synthetic, not down, so it still worked decently for retaining heat while wet. But I spent two days in that tent, trying to keep warm, and when I stood up and did not even leave my tent to answer the call of nature, it took about four hours to get warm again. I read The Pristine Culture of Capitalism in that snowstorm, and my copy has water stains from that trip. In that photo of my tent, there is not much snow, but we were way below the ridge line. When the storm finally broke and we got out, there was about a foot of snow at the ridgeline where we hiked in.

My brother badgered me into taking that trip in August when I nearly died, and that snowed out trip to Azure Lake was the last time that I ever took along unprepared people on a backpack, or would be badgered into taking a trip that gave me a bad feeling. I became a trip Nazi after that. Unprepared people can put the entire group at risk.

This is partly to show how many trips Brent and I took. Epic trips were ahead of us.

Best,

Wade

Name:	wade stout.jpg
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	42587   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade sourdough self.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	42588   Click image for larger version

Name:	tent azure.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	42589  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 26th February 2020 at 14:55.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020)

39. Link to Post #8560
    Thanks

Hi:

So, that aborted trip to Azure Lake was my last trip with that tent. I gave it away to a friend of my wife’s not long afterward, who wanted something to car camp with in the summer. It was safe for that. I borrowed one of Brent’s tents whenever I backpacked with my brother during the next few years. When Brent took that picture of me in front of Azure Lake, we looked at our planned route across that mountain to the right of me, called Elephant Butte. I had always been part mountain goat, happily scrambling across mountainsides that scared Brent and my cousin, but as I looked for a route across Elephant Butte to Azure Lake, I saw a few spots that looked death-defying, and Brent took one look at Elephant Butte and said that he was not going to do it, and I did not blame him.

So, the snowstorm’s ending of our trip was kind of a formality. We got in over our heads with that trip, and I never did anything like it again. On the way out, after two days of a snowstorm, we were in clouds and had low visibility (maybe 100 yards). I always navigated on trips that I led. Brent got disoriented in the fog and wanted to march down the wrong side of the mountain, and I had to corral him and get him going the right way. But even so, in the clouds, I missed the trail that I took down a couple of summers previously, on my young idiot’s errand for my uncle, and the trail that we took ended at a rock wall, with a very sketchy route down it. It was rock climbing time, but going down, which is far more dangerous than going up. Brent and his cousin went first, and I went last. Before I did it, Brent asked where my car keys were in my pack, in case I had a bad fall while navigating the rock wall. That was a great prelude to taking that pitch. I made it down without incident, but after the Azure Lake trip, it was relatively easy backpacks for me. I had two bad trips in two months, and was done with risking my life on trips. There is plenty of awesome country up here to see without risking one’s life.

When that friend of the family died climbing last year, I have used that incident to try to caution inexperienced youngsters up here, who think that climbing and the like is just so cool. It is deadly cool. It is really easy to die in these mountains, and people do it all the time up here, as if they are all competing for the Darwin Award. Sorry, but the award for 2020 has likely already been won. They primarily die up here by falling, drowning, and getting lost and dying of exposure (hypothermia, mainly). Several years ago, a batwing suit guy jumped out of a helicopter in my hiking territory and was never seen again, and the remains of dead hikers are regularly found, such as here, near where Mr. Batwing disappeared. There are plenty less risky ways to have thrills, and every step that I take while hiking today is pure joy, as I am just happy that I can still do it.

So, Brent and I got out the next year to White Pass, which was marvelous, and my last emotionally up time for the next several years, and the next time was on the 2005 trip to Lyman Basin. What a wonderful trip that was. Between the Azure and Lyman trips, I am not sure that Brent and I did a backpack together. Oh, we day-hiked plenty, but I resumed my career in 2003, began backpacking with my brother almost annually, beginning in 2002, had the NEM disaster with Brian, and was in the darkest phase of my midlife crisis. A few months before the 2005 Lyman trip, I took my first trip to James Gilliland’s place, to watch UFOs fly by.

That Lyman trip was so epic that I have too many pics to share for one post, so will make a few posts on that trip. We went in my usual way, via Spider Gap. In the epic 1997 trip with my brother, we stopped for a photo in the upper basin, with Spider Gap in the background, attached. We camped at Lower Lyman Lake on that trip, and it was wonderful. We met a couple of scientists at Lower Lyman. One was collecting the various plants and fungi in the basin, while another was photographing the basin, to show how Global Warming was raising the tree line, so that forests were “invading” the meadows.

On the 2005 trip, we took the obligatory pic in Spider Meadow, attached. That was a record drought year, so the snowfield of the former Spider Glacier (a casualty of Global Warming) was mostly gone, and the creek next to our camp above Spider Meadow literally ran dry that night, as the snowmelt ceased at night. I have never seen that before or since. My brother was big into making campfires, so we had a fire each night, whether I wanted one or not. We camped three nights in Upper Lyman Basin, and visited Lyman Glacier at the basin’s head, which is steadily receding, attached. We had a spectacular time in the Upper Basin, camping where I took that picture of my brother in 1997. I had a new tent for that trip, which I still use for backpacks with my nephew.

Best,

Wade

Name:	upper lyman 2.jpg
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	42604   Click image for larger version

Name:	spider lads.jpg
Size:	316.8 KB
ID:	42605   Click image for larger version

Name:	fire lyman.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	42606   Click image for larger version

Name:	glacier boys.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	42607  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st March 2020 at 14:36.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (26th February 2020), Franny (26th February 2020), Joseph McAree (2nd March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 536 FirstFirst 1 328 378 418 428 438 478 528 536 LastLast