Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 10694

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #8361
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,632 times in 7,518 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Thanks Krishna:

I didn’t buy the paper, but read the press release. Interesting and timely. I finished Darwin’s Unfinished Symphony over the weekend. If nothing else, that finding supports de Waal’s contention that chimp social intelligence is equal to humanity’s.

For me, one of the most interesting questions of human evolution is how and why the human line’s brain grew like it did. My essay update will have plenty more on that topic. Suzana’s work is important on that score, and Darwin’s Unfinished Symphony explored that question. Growing the human-line’s brain was an energy event, and the author of Darwin’s Unfinished Symphony, Kevin Laland, made the case that there were positive feedbacks that led to runaway conditions of brain growth. Nothing like that brain growth has been seen before in the history of life on Earth.

One concept of evolution is that an innovation, especially a costly one like a growing brain, which is a huge energy hog, had to provide immediate benefit to its owner, or else it would not have evolved. Laland’s hypothesis is that the growing human brain was linked with new behaviors that provided more energy (fires, tools, the development of language), which required more brainpower but paid for themselves by acquiring more food; and not just more food, but higher-quality food, such as meat and food that had been predigested by cooking.

As an aside, Noam is prominent in Laland’s book, as one of its central concerns was the development of language, which, with the control of fire, Darwin considered humanity’s two greatest achievements. Laland presented a framework that had several features in it, which explained why language would have developed, and one of which was, again, that it had to have immediate benefit, even in its most rudimentary form. Laland’s hypothesis is that language developed as a way for parents to teach complex skills to their offspring, such as increasingly complex methods of food acquisition and processing, including the making of stone tools. Acheulean tools are the first ones in the human journey to show obvious craftsmanship, which meant social learning. Stone tools have been discovered that are more than three million years old, which was about the same time that the human line’s brain began its runaway growth.

So, social navigation may not be the stimulus for the runaway brain growth, but social learning may be. Of course, it centered on the energy issue, as usual. It was definitely an energy event above all else, and human evolution was inextricably wrapped up in it.

This entire area is a fascinating one and, for me, it goes back a lot further, to the appearance of mammals on the evolutionary scene. Mammals had relatively large brains from the beginning. The thinking today is that they needed larger brains for their larger sensory needs. They were marginal creatures from the beginning, losing out to their reptilian cousins, and lived a nocturnal and marginal life during the entire reign of archosaurs. They had to survive on brains, not brawn, and that braininess indeed took on new importance for primates, which subsisted on fruit and lived in the tropical canopy.

During the cooling and drying Oligocene, some marginal monkeys (which themselves evolved during the greatest cooling period in the past 250 million years) left the canopy and became apes. Ground-dwelling apes lost their adaptations to the canopy, such as tails, and became bigger. Their brains grew too, but not as much as their brawn, which Suzana’s work supported.

But even if humans are “merely” linearly scaled monkeys, brain-wise, losing their brawn and growing their brains was a major evolutionary event. Humans are a hyper-social species, and our growing sociality was very likely intimately entwined with our growing brains, even if it was just social learning and the development of language to facilitate it.

Again, this is one of the more fascinating subjects in human evolution, and a consensus seems to be developing on this issue. Positive feedbacks between energy acquisition, brain growth, and using those growing brains for ever-more sophisticated tools and social behaviors (group foraging, hunting, controlling fire, and the related teaching, which included the development of language), likely led to the runaway conditions that resulted in behaviorally modern humans.

The human line’s evolution was originally just like other animals, as it slowly moved along with environmental adaptation. Then, with the rising brain and new cultural behaviors, there was a symbiosis between genetic and cultural change, as one impacted the other (they co-evolved). Human evolution has been greatly accelerated since we became behaviorally modern, and the different races are part of that evolution, and maybe Ashkenazi Jews are a lot smarter than Australian aborigines, at least with the “intelligence” that we prize so much, but they aren’t different species. Far from it. The differences between the most and least “intelligent” people on Earth are trivial compared to the gulf that separates humans and chimps, for instance.

Today, cultural change in humanity has far outstripped biological evolution, as human cultures dramatically evolve through the Epochs. The greatest evolutionary changes happened before humans became behaviorally modern, and the changes since we became behaviorally modern have mostly been cultural, which has been all about increasing energy capture being put to new uses, such as new tools, new social organization, and new ideas, which has accelerated in the past several centuries, particularly with the rise of Europe. Laland was refreshingly frank that all of those human “advances” are also making Earth uninhabitable, and drove Earth’s easy meat to extinction, as humanity conquered Earth. With all of those “advances,” the question of whether humanity is really a sentient species is a fair one. Will the trend of increasing “intelligence” correct itself, as humanity drives itself to extinction, or will we finally become truly sentient? Stay tuned. That question may well be answered in this century.

In the Fifth Epoch, if we get there, geographic and genetic isolation will end, as will races and nations, and everybody’s IQ will be in what we call the genius range today. It is not too hard to foresee that outcome, but, as usual, it will depend on the energy issue.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 6th November 2019 at 11:23.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th November 2019), Franny (6th November 2019), Joseph McAree (6th November 2019), Krishna (5th November 2019), Reinhard (5th November 2019), Servant Limestone (14th November 2019), Valerie Villars (5th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #8362
    Thanks

Hi:

I have been working on my essay update, and have largely finished drafting those new early chapters, although I am sure that they will receive plenty of revision before I publish my essay update.

I always have the audience that I seek in mind when I write, and I step back at times and critically review my efforts, to see how close I am to realizing my vision. An artist’s work is never done, but I have not really revised the essays on my site much after I originally published them. To be sure, over the past 20 years, my work has become more comprehensive, and it has been reflected in my revisions, but they really only broadened and deepened the material, and strengthened their connections to the rest of my work, not change their thrust. Western medicine is a racket, the media is a propaganda factory, the global elites rule because the mass of humanity has abdicated their responsibility, free energy and antigravity technology are on the planet today, the spooks do what spooks do, etc. In a world of scarcity and fear, I don’t expect that any of that will change much.

If I had to trace my idea of a choir, in a way, it goes back to the beginning of my writing efforts, going back to 1991. I still had interaction and a short stint with Dennis ahead of me, but I was pretty much done thinking that the businessman’s path had much of a chance in 1988, and after my second stint with Dennis, I was certain that it would not work, for all of Dennis’s heroic efforts, which people have to see to believe.

Treating my audience fairly and keeping them safe have always been my primary goals, and to present my material as honestly as I could. I operate under the constraints that people in this line of work do, as I can’t name all of the names that I could, and have generally had to wait until people were dead (1, 2). Many of the names are readily publicly available, and Dennis’s books, particularly his The Alternative, provide plenty of names, but I have not made it too easy for the idly curious and naive, who can easily get into trouble in this milieu, in many ways.

I put plenty of meat on the bones of Dennis’s heat pump (1, 2, 3, 4), Mr. Mentor’s engine, Dennis’s ingenious and benevolent marketing plans, Brian’s odyssey, and other unassailable facts, so that the people I seek have plenty to chew on. My adventures with Ed’s bio is the small stuff, but work like Ed’s serves to flesh out the big picture of how our world really works and how to change it for the better. I offer the opportunity to help support the biggest leverage point on Earth, by far, and do it in a way where people are not risking their lives. And I do it all for free.

The opportunity is there, for those with the right stuff and willing to do the work, and if they have the right stuff, they will do the work. I can’t afford to aim low with some kind of lowest-common-denominator approach, trying the short-cuts. I have seen where those go. I have to aim high.

Best,

Wade

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th November 2019), Franny (8th November 2019), Joseph McAree (6th November 2019), JRS (6th November 2019), Krishna (6th November 2019), Reinhard (6th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #8363
    Thanks

Hi:

Some odds and ends…

Caitlin Johnstone wrote an excellent article on Noam and Ed’s observation on how the spectrum of debate is limited in the USA.

Wikipedia’s propaganda methods are drawing more attention, and see how the ubiquitous Philip Cross joined that party, too.

I am buying this book, and here is a sample of it. It is obviously very familiar territory for me, and we’ll see what I learn from it. Noam is interviewed in it, and he does not go in for conspiracies much, but is more into structural models like Ed’s. As I have long written, organized suppression is around 90% structural in nature.

Yesterday, I wrote about how I treat my audience. My work is not for the faint of heart, and I have watched many heads explode over my work, such as this section. It has the effect of chasing off readers who should not be there, which is one of my goals. I am no longer subjected to troll-swarms, so I have found a situation that works for both me and the people I seek. Most of my pals lurk in the shadows, helping out but avoiding the spotlight, content to let me have the stage and catch the flak.

But I am also racing against time, on a few fronts. Heading off the catastrophe is a primary goal, but helping usher in the Fifth Epoch tops it. Writing my big essay was a feat and what I may become best-known for, and I feel a lot of pressure to get the update done and a likely book to follow it, while I can still do it. I am juggling an insane amount of information to do that, and time is running out for my brain. My father has dementia, my mother had it, as did her mother, and losing my mind is my greatest fear. I don’t want to be here if that happens.

The good news is that I am on a mission to lose weight and keep entropy at bay a while longer, and my career is very intellectually demanding, which keeps the brain working hard. If I can do what Ed, Noam, and Howard did, keeping the pedal to the metal to the end, I’ll take it, but the years are definitely taking their toll. We’ll see how long I can keep it up.

Best,

Wade

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th November 2019), Franny (8th November 2019), Joseph McAree (9th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Melinda (8th November 2019), Reinhard (8th November 2019), Servant Limestone (14th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #8364
    Thanks

Hi:

Here is a brief addendum to recent posts. When free energy newcomers rush out to tell their social circles the “good news” of free energy, I always try to dissuade them from that, and the best of them come back to me, chastened by the experience. They find out that nobody wants to hear about it, and worse, they risk being ostracized, and careers have ended due to that kind of proselytizing.

I try to dissuade them because I have been down that path a thousand times myself. When I discuss it with people, I am not describing a book I read, a clever YouTube video that I saw, and the like; I am describing events that I participated in, which I have richly documented in my work. And I don’t indiscriminately tell anybody within listening range, but am very careful about whom I discuss that information with. With professional colleagues, I generally only do it with those who have seen me in action and respect my professional abilities, and I usually do it on their last day on the job where I work. It was the very rare event when they were really interested and risked having their worldview changed. The best reactions that I get are that they understand what I encountered, don’t doubt the reality of it, and are happy that I learned it the hard way instead of them. They respect my journey, but are not about to get involved in anything like it. They just hope to die before it really hits the fan. That is about the best reaction that I get. The rest are levels of indifference and denial, and I have watched people embrace certain death over giving me the benefit of their doubt, which is solely based on the brainwashing that they have received. You have to see it to believe it.

Those reactions were only variations of my journey’s primary lesson. In a world of scarcity and fear, people just don’t care about anything outside of their immediate self-interest. They can extend their caring to their family and social circles, and there are evolutionary reasons for that, but to actually raise their awareness to the big picture of what is happening on Earth today, and being willing to even entertain the idea that it can be different, is far beyond where more than 99% of humanity is today. Those are just the numbers, numbers that I discovered the hard way. Of course, that grim realization flies in the face of what the political class and activists want to hear, and you will see a million ways that so-called activists hack at branches, or how the political class in the USA is entranced by the political theater happening today, which amounts to exactly nothing in the big picture. The people who really run the world don’t even care who the American president is. They are all puppets that operate several levels down the food chain.

These days, I regularly read about some Global Warming protest, or how the best and brightest are trying their best to solve our energy issues, and I can only shake my head at it. Not one of them has the right stuff to help right the ship. The people that I seek are far less than one-in-a-thousand in the general population, and if I can’t find them or even get much interest from anybody, with my undeniable credentials, which chance do free energy newbies have, who rush out to proselytize to their social circles? My layers of the free energy onion were developed over thousands of reactions over many years.

There are not any short-cuts for this, but beginners constantly seek them, looking for the “philanthropist” who will cut the big check, the “angels” at the Pentagon (I am not kidding – I have literally witnessed that, and I spoke at Department of Energy hearings myself), and so on. This is going to be a long slog, and if I am very fortunate, I will live to see humanity turn away from the abyss, but I am not counting on it. This path has been teaching me patience. For now, the people I seek just need to learn to hit the notes. That shouldn’t be too hard, right?

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 8th November 2019 at 16:04.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th November 2019), Bluegreen (9th November 2019), Caliban (8th November 2019), Chris Gilbert (8th November 2019), Franny (8th November 2019), Joseph McAree (9th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Krist (9th November 2019), Reinhard (8th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #8365
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,637 times in 2,654 posts

I have read your posts for years, amazing, such accurate recall, great references. A great talent. Thank you into the future.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th November 2019), Franny (8th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th November 2019), Joseph McAree (9th November 2019), Krist (9th November 2019), Wade Frazier (9th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #8366
    Thanks

Thanks for being out there, avid. Lots of my pals lurk in the background, and those who quietly digest this material are helping raise the vibe.

I’ll keep doing this as long as I can, and just might help make a dent.

Wade

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

avid (10th November 2019), Bluegreen (9th November 2019), Chris Gilbert (9th November 2019), Franny (9th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th November 2019), Joseph McAree (9th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Krist (9th November 2019)

13. Link to Post #8367
    Thanks

Hi:

I have written about it before, that I do what I can to help my readers and pupils move into the awareness that free energy and other exotic technologies are already on the planet, and what their transformative effects can be. I hand out homework, I list the qualities that I seek, I try to make my journey and those of my fellow travelers as real as I can. It is not the view that you can get from the library, cubicle, or YouTube videos.

I can appreciate how difficult it is for people who have never traveled any of that ground to get where they need to be, if they are going to be useful for an effort like mine. How can I relate that voice in my head, my radicalizing day on the witness stand and other awakening moments, my epic note-trading session with Brian, sitting in Owen’s study, hearing about my spook relative’s secret life from his wife, who knew more than she was supposed to, hearing about elite plans to terraform Mars (from people close to them) as their ultimate survival enclave, listening to the awe in Mr. Advisor’s voice as he described watching Sparky’s device work, listening to my close friend describe his underground technology show, which he was kidnapped for?

I can only help so much. People have to have had their own awakening experiences, first. I can’t wake them up; they have to come to me already awakened. I don’t recommend awakening to work like mine. Heads can explode, and that is never my intention, but that is what can happen when unawakened people encounter my work. The people I seek have to already be traveling that path from unawareness to knowledge. Such fruits never fall in our laps, but must be pursued. Those trees have to be climbed, etc. The siren song of our conditioning constantly plays in all societies, but it is quite pronounced in the West, as brainwashing the public is a key function of our media and indoctrination systems, and in ways that not even Ed and Noam suspected.

When I meet with my pupils, I give them many details that I am not at liberty to publicly disclose these days, as I try to help them over that threshold of doubt. The documentary trail alone is a rich one, much richer than what I publicly disclose, for those who do the work. But there is nothing like being there. However, for those far enough along the path, I can help them vicariously get a little more data, to help them see the big picture of what is happening on this planet today. And these are people who have been doing the work. The rest of humanity will only begin to awaken when free energy is delivered into their lives. They aren’t going to awaken with anything less, and that is normal. I seek the freaks.

There are a few more details to relate on my note-trading session with Brian. He discussed some of Mark’s journey, and it was very familiar territory for me, in ways that I can’t publicly discuss and may never be at liberty to. The first time that I heard about a global cartel, as something other than a conspiracist construct, was from Brian that day, as he discussed his pal Jon Rappoport’s work. It made perfect sense, given my adventures, and a few years later, I heard Greer’s description of the same group. I had read conspiracist literature since before the raid, but I did not trust a lot of it, as the evidence could be thin and circumstantial, and conspiracists tend to grind paranoid axes. So, the idea of a global cabal was not entirely new to me, but to hear about it from people close to me, who had encounters with it, brought it to a new level of reality, and what I encountered on my wild ride with Dennis began to make a lot more sense. We were definitely a threat that had to be dealt with, and the so-called Black Hats and White Hats became undeniably involved within weeks of my becoming Dennis’s partner, were likely involved in the Seattle events, and I am on their radar today, although likely low on it.

When I began hearing tales from those close to me, of their encounters with the world’s power structure, it began making far more sense to me. But if I had not been awakened by my own journey, I would have probably put it on the mental shelf of “interesting; maybe true, but maybe not.” The people that I seek can’t leave their awareness there, but have to get over that hump. But it also takes great discrimination. There is a ton of conspiracist chaff and disinformation out there, and I am constantly approached by people under that sway, unable or unwilling to sift the wheat from the chaff. This journey is anything but easy.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 9th November 2019 at 14:33.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (25th November 2019), Hym (9th November 2019), Joseph McAree (9th November 2019), JRS (9th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (18th November 2019)

15. Link to Post #8368
    Thanks

Hi:

There was another recent “what a surprise” moment in unearthing evidence of the human journey. I have long written about it, that the elephant family was the most successful land mammal until the rise of humans. Both evolved in Africa, and were both very successful when they left it. The elephant family beat the human line to the Americas by more than 16 million years. The Western Hemisphere had several species of elephant-family members, including mammoths. They thrived in every environment that they could live in, from pole-to-pole and ocean-to-ocean. They are one of the smartest animals, they have a prehensile trunk – quite a manipulative asset – and they were so large that they had no effective predators. They were also opportunistic feeders that thrived throughout our recent ice age, and they suddenly went extinct soon after humans arrived, just when the most recent glacial period was ending, so conditions became even more favorable for the elephant family, but the climate change hypothesis is continually invoked to explain their sudden and complete demise, and for our cousin human species, too.

The myth of the peaceful, non-hunting savage is an enticing and enduring one, but is a false one. My essay update will go a bit deeper on those topics. Humans happily slaughtered all the easy meat that they could, and slaughtered all competing species, including our cousin human species. People are reluctant to admit it, however, so we have a great deal of ink spilt on the idea that humans are naturally peaceful and would not hunt animals to extinction, and couldn’t, even if they tried.

But the elephant family suddenly went extinct, throughout the entire Western Hemisphere, soon after the greatest predator in Earth’s history arrived, but those events were a coincidence. There are still factions of scientists who make the case that humans had nothing to do with the megafauna extinctions or that their impact was modest. I see that as little more than in-group defense in the guise of science. Members of the elephant family were the mother lode of hunters, and you would have to have quite a set of blinders on to think that those two events were unrelated. That can also be argued to be from the tunnel vision of specialists. The global pattern is painfully obvious: wherever behaviorally modern people appeared in the past 50,000 years, the easy meat quickly went extinct.

So, in Mexico, a mammoth kill pit was just unearthed. It is causing scientists to think that humans may have hunted mammoths after all. Imagine that. In the kill pit were also horses and camels, both of which evolved in North America, which thrived for more 40 million years, to suddenly go extinct soon after humans arrived, but climate change did them in. It is a cousin to thinking that the USA exports freedom and democracy.

When humans left Africa and began conquering Earth, it didn’t matter what the climate did: all the easy meat was doomed. The Golden Age of the Hunter Gatherer was a short one. Then it was back to tough times, and it became violent, very violent, as humans became territorial again, as they filled up the planet. This is not hard to understand, but there is great resistance in many corners to those ideas. With the discovery of the mammoth kill pit, another leg of the resistance gets kicked out from under it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th November 2019 at 15:30.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (25th November 2019), Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (18th November 2019)

17. Link to Post #8369
    Thanks

Hi:

A UN official just issued a warning that Assange risks death under the conditions of his imprisonment. That article pointed out the awesome hypocrisy that a “whistleblower” is being lionized in the American media today, when the “whistleblower” is a spook just doing his job. Real whistleblowers are crucified. In these neo-Orwellian times, it is no surprise that the very term “whistleblower” would be turned on its head by the media. Ed would have a field day with this. Beyond hypocrisy, indeed. Assange’s treatment is not far from Milosevic’s. Here is another astute article on what Assange’s crucifixion means to the West, as the pretense of press freedom is being openly abandoned.

Noam and Ed regularly noted that what the USA and its little buddies in the West accomplished in genocide, violating human rights, and the like, while portraying them as missions to spread freedom and benevolence, and getting the public to swallow it, far exceeded anything that any totalitarian regime ever accomplished, similar to the censorship of Twain and Orwell. It is a surreal time to be alive.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th November 2019 at 16:17.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (25th November 2019), Gracy (10th November 2019), Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (18th November 2019)

19. Link to Post #8370
    Thanks

Hi:

Well, the world’s largest mountain glacier has now started to retreat, just like every other glacier on Earth, but there is still all manner of Global Warming “skeptic” out there, and the media has had a tradition of giving them equal coverage to nearly 100% of the world’s climate scientists, who not only don’t doubt that Global Warming is real, but that human activities are responsible for it. It is another one of those “Duh!” moments, when reality trumps ideology (and/or scientific illiteracy) for those with eyes to see.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th November 2019 at 15:59.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), kudzy (13th November 2019), Reinhard (18th November 2019)

21. Link to Post #8371
    Thanks

Hi:

On a lighter note, the hiking never stops, and took my wife out for a little hiking this morning. Even with the weather being drizzly, it is still magical, attached. We saw one person on our hike.

My wife is a cat person, so we have had cats for most of our marriage (if we live another 20 years, we will have had cats for about 44 of the 50 years that we will have been married by then). I don’t let them into my study often, as they can turn my computer off, among other mischief, and attached is a pic over the summer of them playing in my office.

Last year, I took my niece hiking, and when she asked about some hiking dangers, I told her that bears and cougars were really not risks here, with the last fatal attacks in our state about a century ago, and then a fatal cougar attack happened a few weeks later, only a few miles from where we were hiking. So, I finally got some pepper spray, which I pray that I never use.

My parents were born and raised in Bellingham, and some close friends retired there nearly 20 years ago. Two of our cats are buried under a tree on their land, which is several idyllic acres in the hinterland, not far from where my father was born. Attached is a picture from their neighborhood. That cougar is “serenading” them at night, and the wife does not want her husband to do his training runs now. Cougars instinctually chase runners. For most fatal cougar attacks that I have been aware of in recent years, such as in California and Colorado, it was a runner or bicyclist that was attacked. Big, slow hikers like me are likely not attractive prey – the perks of being big, slow, and fat.

We get a bobcat in our yard, but having a cougar in your yard tops that.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 11-19 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	41809   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 11-19 2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	41810   Click image for larger version

Name:	cats 19.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	41811   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	41812  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 11th November 2019 at 02:14.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

avid (11th November 2019), Chris Gilbert (11th November 2019), Franny (11th November 2019), Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Krist (11th November 2019), kudzy (13th November 2019), Reinhard (18th November 2019), Servant Limestone (14th November 2019)

23. Link to Post #8372
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

They got a nice cougar picture Wade, and in the daylight too! Best wishes for not encountering it without a nice, solid barrier between the two of you.

I have few of my own cougar stories. In the 1980s I lived at the end of a 1.5 mile dirt road in the mountains that was not snow plowed in the winter. I had to park my car on the side of the main road and walk home. If I wanted to go out that night I would walk out, take the car, and walk back home when I returned from my activity.

Late one night when I was walking back home by the light of the moon I noticed, to my consternation, that there were cougar tracks following my outward bound tracks. Although there were signs of the cougar before and after this, happily, I never saw the cougar itself.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krist (11th November 2019), kudzy (13th November 2019), Wade Frazier (11th November 2019)

25. Link to Post #8373
    Thanks

Hi Franny:

Stalked by a cougar, how fun!

Once, while off-trail, way out there, scrambling across a mountainside, I encountered cat tracks at a watering hole. Probably cougar. Once, while driving down a logging road, in my rearview mirror, a big cat crossed the road behind me. Maybe a cougar. That is it, for me and big cats. A cougar attack is more likely than a bear attack in Washington, although a big guy like me, lumbering along, is not a tempting target for a cougar, fortunately.

I keep my wife and niece close while I hike with them, so that I can come to the rescue if needed, but the odds of something like a cougar attack are very small. About 99% of the people who die in these mountains die of falls, drowning, and getting lost and dying of exposure. That cougar attack death last year was the first in this state in nearly a century, and the last bear attack death was about a century ago.

I have seen lots of bear sign (tracks, piles) over the years, and had several encounters. Once, we were nearly charged by a mother bear, as we nearly came between her and her cub, but if you keep a respectful distance, they leave you alone. The bigger risk is having your food on a backpack stolen by bears. That happened to a pal once, but I have never come close to having that happen. Some of our world is still wild. In this world, I don’t know if “wild” describes it. It is something far different from this one, or our past, I would wager.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 11th November 2019 at 15:49.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (11th November 2019), Joseph McAree (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), kudzy (13th November 2019)

27. Link to Post #8374
    Thanks

Hi:

This is far from complete, but it is a good start on a new early chapter in the essay update. I can't reproduce the links in forum software, but I reproduced a little of the formatting, to make it a little easier to read. This should give a good idea of what I have been working on. I am now going to start my revisions of existing chapters, beginning with the beginnings of warfare, domestication, and civilization.

Best,

Wade

This Essay’s Key Ideas and Themes

This essay presents many ideas that are important for understanding its themes, and key ones follow.

The forces. Mainstream physics currently recognizes four forces in our universe:
    • The strong and weak forces, which govern the primary dynamics within atoms;
    • Electromagnetic force, which arises from the interaction of electrically charged particles;
    • Gravity is the attraction of all objects in our universe to each other.

The strong and weak forces hold atoms together, tapping the strong force is the key to nuclear weapons, and the weak force governs the decay of unstable (“radioactive”) atoms into smaller atoms. Electromagnetic force is a property of electric charges (today’s convention is that electrons have negative charges and protons have positive charges), and magnetism arises from the “spin” of electrons. What we call light (photons) is electromagnetic radiation. The forces create what are called “fields,” such as Earth’s gravitational field. In theory, Earth’s gravitational field (and your body’s gravitational field) interacts with distant galaxies, but that effect is currently unmeasurable by today’s scientific instruments. Einstein’s theory of general relativity presented the idea that gravity was really a distortion of the space-time continuum by the objects in them. Einstein once said, as a kind of a joke, that if you removed the objects from our universe, space and time would go with them.

Energy. As Richard Feynman said, we do not really know what energy is. There are two basic kinds of energy that physicists have defined: potential and kinetic. Potential energy is bound up in forces in equilibrium, and once that equilibrium is upset, that potential energy becomes kinetic energy, which is the energy of motion.

Most of the energy described in this essay is kinetic, and even so-called potential energy can be thought of as kinetic at times. What is called chemical energy is stored in orbiting electrons, and when that energy is stored in a chemical bond, the electrons orbit farther from the nucleus, similar to the potential energy of picking up a rock before you drop it. Einstein’s E = MC2 presented the idea that all mass is merely a form of energy (which means that we don’t know what mass is, either), and the last years of Einstein’s life were spent in pursuit of the Unified Field, which would unite the four accepted forces into one framework.

Other energy concepts used in this essay include the ideas presented below.
    • Temperature is a concept relating to lateral molecular movement. The more movement per unit of time, the higher the temperature.
    • Heat is the transfer of energy between masses, generally by direct contact or radiation.
    • Work is a measure of how much energy is transferred to a mass.
    • Power is the idea of work produced or heat transferred over a period of time. The faster that energy is expended, the more power that can be generated. With electricity, the concept is generally expressed as the kilowatt-hour, or kilowatts produced per hour. With mechanical energy, horsepower is a common measure, which was based on how much work a horse could perform.
    • Efficiency is a concept relating to how much energy expended results in work versus how much is lost to disorder, also called entropy.
    • An energy gradient is the concept of the potential energy that lies between two energy states. The higher the gradient, the more potential energy that can turn kinetic, and the more work can be performed (and more efficiently). The gradient idea can be visualized as a paved hill with a wheeled cart at its top. The taller the hill, the more work can be expended as the cart rolls down the hill, and the steeper the hill, the faster (more powerfully) the cart will roll.
    • Recoverable energy is the idea of how much energy in a source can be extracted from it.
    • Energy return on investment (“EROI”) is the idea of how much energy is recovered versus how much energy is expended to recover it. Energy sources with high recoverable energy and high EROIs are the most coveted on Earth, and Middle East oil tops that list, partly because of oil’s versatility and ease of use. There are no coal-fired airplanes or automobiles.
    • Energy capture is the idea of actively gathering energy into a system, to be used immediately or later. Photosynthesis is the process of capturing the photon energy produced by the Sun and turning it into chemical energy.
    • Surplus energy is energy generated in excess of the energy used to capture it, and, if stored, is ready to be used if needed. Stored surplus energy is like money in the bank, be it an organism, ecosystem, or economy. The greater the surplus energy, the greater the system’s health and resilience.

Resilience is the ability of a system, be it an organism, ecosystem, or society, or even inorganic constructs such as machines, to withstand the disruptive shocks that accompany existing in physical reality. Stuff happens, and a system’s resilience determines whether it can survive the shocks. Surplus energy is the primary coin of resilience for organisms, ecosystems, and societies.

These energy concepts are often used in other contexts, such as the idea of political power, which is how a political-economic actor can direct the work of others, be the actor a person or organization such as a corporation or state. But those seemingly non-energy contexts in fact rely on energy concepts, although they are often not thought of that way. Without physical power, there is no political power. There are no hungry kings.

Feedback effects. Interacting dynamics can amplify or reduce their resultant effects with feedbacks. A feedback can be positive (amplifying) or negative (dampening). Positive feedbacks can result in runaway conditions, and negative feedbacks can help dynamics stay in equilibrium or eliminate them. An example of a positive feedback is a nuclear chain reaction, such as in a nuclear weapon. As an unstable atom disintegrates into simpler elements, it releases subatomic particles such as neutrons, and high-energy radiation such as gamma rays. When that happens in nature, the effect impacts whatever it hits, often tearing electrons off of atoms or causing other damage, but the process soon ends. But when a disintegrating atom does it near other unstable atoms, such as uranium or plutonium, the ejected neutron collides with nearby unstable atoms and causes them to disintegrate. When enough radioactive material is brought together, it forms a “critical mass” that will produce sustained nuclear disintegration. Make it even more concentrated, and the decay becomes “prompt critical” and produces the runaway conditions that make nuclear weapons work or result in disastrous nuclear accidents.

Organisms generally maintain chemical and temperature equilibrium through negative feedback processes, such as hunger pangs when energy is running low or the release of hormones that triggers effects that reduce high blood pressure.

In human affairs, positive feedbacks can produce virtuous or vicious circles. In ecosystems and human societies, feedback effects can produce boom and bust cycles. In evolutionary terms, adaptive radiations are booms that result in a “golden age” for the fortunate species, and mass extinctions are busts that clear ecosystems for the next boom, often enjoyed by a survivor of the bust that was previously a marginal member of the ecosystem.

Ultimate and proximate causes. In order to understand how things work and why events happen, which is the raison d'être of science and much of historical investigation, it is necessary to distinguish various dynamics and rank them in importance. An example is the temperature of Earth’s surface, why we have lived in an ice age for millions of years, and how humanity’s activities are warming Earth’s surface. The ultimate cause of Earth’s surface temperature is the Sun. If not for the Sun, Earth’s surface would be solid, with no ocean and a scant atmosphere, within three degrees of absolute zero, or about -270o C, and obviously no life as we know it. The Sun has been slowly growing brighter over its lifetime, there are variations in its output, and the sunspot minimum in what is called the Little Ice Age likely corresponded to reduced solar output. However, the change was on the order of far less than 1%, and scientists consider it unlikely that the Sun’s output has fluctuated significantly over its life so far, so the hot and cold phases of Earth’s history had other variables likely causing the changes. During the past four billion years, the heat from Earth’s interior has had negligible impacts on Earth’s surface temperature.

After that ultimate cause of Earth’s warmth that dwarfs all else, there are proximate causes, and the most important of them are gases in Earth’s atmosphere that trap radiation, of which water and carbon dioxide comprise the two primary ones. Water, however, only lasts in the atmosphere for about a week before coming out in precipitation and is unevenly distributed, while carbon dioxide lasts for more than a century and is evenly distributed. Carbon dioxide levels set the atmosphere’s temperature, and its variation over the eons has been the most important determinant, after sunlight, of Earth’s surface temperature.

Earth’s surface has a carbon cycle, in which volcanoes spew carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, sedimentary deposition in the oceans moves carbon to the bottom of the surface’s carbon cycle, and oceanic plates are subducted beneath continental ones as carbon is returned below Earth’s surface. The volcanism that resulted from the formation and breakup of a supercontinent ended an ice age and initiated a hot period on Earth that lasted about 200 million years, when dinosaurs dominated Earth’s landmasses. About 50 mya, Earth began cooling off again as volcanism waned, and for the past 35 million years, Earth has been in icehouse Earth conditions, and ice sheets began forming at Antarctica.

After sunlight and greenhouse gases, the next most important variable of Earth’s surface temperature has been the position of the continents. Antarctica has been near the South Pole for several hundred million years, and Earth’s ice ages during that time have always begun there. The other continents have moved more than Antarctica has, coming together and breaking apart in a cycle that is around 500 million years long. The gradual closing of a seaway that circled the equator contributed to the cooling, and the ice sheets on Greenland began forming 14 mya, during another cooling phase. When the gap between North and South America was finally bridged about three mya, our current ice age was on its way.

Changes in Earth’s orientation to the Sun likely comprise the next most important variable in our current ice age. Earth does not orbit the Sun in a circle, but in an ellipse, its axis of rotation is at a tilt from the Sun (which is why we have seasons), and its axis of rotation wobbles and the eccentricity of its orbit changes, which the scientist Milankovitch first described. Those fluctuations are primarily due to the gravitational effects of Earth’s neighboring planets. There are several periodic oscillations regarding Earth’s orientation to the Sun, including those which operate on 100,000, 41,000, and 21,000 year cycles. Over the past million years, ice sheets have grown and retreated roughly on the 100,000 year Milankovitch cycle, while the shorter cycles have also made their impact. Milankovitch cycles seem to have caused the advance and retreat of the continental ice sheets that have buried northern North America and Eurasia, and positive feedback effects have amplified the effect. But scientists are always producing alternative hypotheses, and one is that variations in solar output are more influential than Milankovitch cycles in our ice age.

During interglacial warm periods, carbon dioxide and methane are released from Earth’s soil and ocean sediments, which is a positive feedback that leads to more warming. There are myriad positive and negative feedbacks to the current process of Global Warming, but human activities dominate the proximate causes, and the carbon dioxide from burning Earth’s hydrocarbon deposits trumps everything else; it contributes about a hundred times what volcanism does today.

If a contest was held to determine how to best turn Earth from icehouse to greenhouse conditions, the winning entry would be to mine and burn all of Earth’s hydrocarbon deposits. Humanity may achieve it soon, and the last time that Earth went from icehouse to greenhouse conditions, the greatest extinction in the history of complex life happened.

Longer-term trends have also impacted Earth’s surface and its inhabitability. Earth’s carbon cycle has been inexorably burying carbon, and the carbon dioxide content of Earth’s atmosphere has gradually declined over Earth’s history. Life on Earth is being slowly carbon-starved, and plants have adapted to it. Around 600 million years from now, carbon dioxide levels will decline to the point where the photosynthesis processes of most plants, including trees, will no longer work, and forests like today’s will vanish. Even those plants that will survive longer, mainly grasses, which use a more carbon-efficient process today, will eventually die out, and animals will go with them.

The Sun is about 30% brighter today than it was 4.5 bya, soon after it formed. In a billion years, it will be another 10% brighter, and will evaporate Earth’s ocean around then. Earth’s ocean is thought to lubricate the tectonic plates, so that they can move. The end of the ocean will mean the end of tectonic plate activity as we know it (and declining radioactivity in Earth’s interior also slows plate tectonics and reduces volcanism), and Earth will become geologically inert, similar to the Moon and Mars today. By that time, only microscopic organisms will survive on Earth, similar to how it was before the rise of complex life, and they will eventually die out, too, before the Sun grows into a red giant and engulfs Earth.

While those longer-term trends will have ultimate-cause impacts for life on Earth, in the near-term, other dynamics predominate, and the greatest is humanity’s mining and burning Earth’s hydrocarbon deposits, to fuel its industrial age. Do we really want to see how this experiment might end?

The ideal and process of scientific investigation. While precursors can be found in history, in Renaissance Europe, which was influenced by the reintroduction of Ancient Greek teachings that were preserved in captured Islamic libraries, what is today called the Scientific Revolution began, and the first works of modern science were published in 1543. The process of observation and developing theories to explain them became ascendant, and today’s scientific method was developed. The ideal is proposing hypotheses that purport to explain a set of phenomena, and then testing those hypotheses against reproducible observations. Scientific hypotheses are those that can be proven false (also known as falsifiable), based on observational evidence, and only those hypotheses that have survived numerous attempts to falsify them graduate to the status of theories. Some theories get called “laws,” but that is a quasi-religious conceit.

Like all ideals, the real world presents challenges to achieving them, and the history of science is marred with the influence of vested interests, human foibles, and other issues. The seductions of the success of applying the scientific method also led to a rise in materialistic philosophy, and various schools of related thought such as logical positivism and scientism appeared on the intellectual scene, although the greatest physicists rejected such ideas.

That stated, this essay, particularly its first half, is reliant on the findings of modern science, particularly in areas in which the distortions and corruption by various interests are likely minor.

Orthodox physics and its limitations. Isaac Newton’s Principia is the most influential work in the history of science, which guided physics for two centuries. Newton himself was not too impressed with his work, but it was adequate until the late 19th century, when the most delicate experiment to that time called into question Newton’s assumptions of absolute space and time. Scientists grappled with the findings that challenged Newtonian physics for a generation, until an obscure clerk in the Swiss patent office proposed his theory of special relativity, and modern physics was born. The same year as he published his theory of special relativity, Albert Einstein published the paper that won him his Nobel Prize, in which he explained the photoelectric effect with the idea of “quanta,” which was the notion that light came in discrete packets of energy. The idea of quanta was not entirely original with Einstein, as his friend Max Planck and others previously proposed it, but his application of the idea to light was original, and Einstein was an unwitting father of quantum theory, which Werner Heisenberg took much further. Before the rise of quantum theory, Einstein generalized his prior work in relativity, and the primary upshot of relativity theory was that space and time are relative.

In the decade after Einstein became an unprecedented scientific celebrity when a key prediction of general relativity was confirmed, Heisenberg invented his matrix mechanics, and relativity and quantum theory represent the two pillars of orthodox physics today. Both Einstein and Heisenberg had flashes of insight to thank for their theories, and neither one of them were too impressed with their theories, as far any kind of ultimate explanation for how the universe works (1, 2), but a quasi-religious materialism has dominated the scientific establishment for generations, as many scientists have organized into a kind of priesthood.

Another father of quantum physics also became an inspiration in the hunt for DNA’s structure. As with Einstein and Heisenberg, Erwin Schrödinger was not overly impressed with science’s explanatory ability. Einstein and Schrödinger were quite opposed to key ideas that quantum physics rested on, with its negation of the idea of causation and the introduction of randomness and uncertainty. Einstein battled against quantum physics for the rest of his life, believing it to be an incomplete theory. As Feynman once said, nobody really understands quantum mechanics.

The first major application of Einstein’s work was building nuclear weapons, and Einstein considered his advocacy for the USA to develop them before the Nazis did to be his life’s greatest mistake. The stakes of science grew enormously in the 20th century, and my bizarre journey taught me that technologies older than I am have been developed in clandestine enclaves on Earth that render today’s orthodox physics into quaint notions of how the universe works. With extremely few exceptions, orthodox scientists cannot even entertain the truth of that situation, and denial and fear dominate their responses. After several years of receiving those reactions, my astronaut colleague began openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species. Even the orthodox theories have huge holes in them, which renders any reactions of “impossible” to the idea of free energy to be highly irrational, at best. Today’s orthodox theories assert that 95% of our universe is comprised of dark energy and dark matter, neither of which has ever been observed. Some of the giants of physics were onboard with the idea of untapped energy sources that are ignored today, but you wouldn’t know it if you only listened to the “skeptics” hold forth with their cocksure pronouncements.

Along with those technologies, which include free energy and antigravity, the other primary upshot that my fellow travelers discovered on their journeys, and we were all either scientists or scientists-in-training, was that the materialistic models of consciousness that dominate scientific theory today are false. We all discovered it through our experiences, not some theory or teaching, and I have called what we experienced our mystical awakening, although the “discovery of our innate paranormal abilities” is another way to state it. Today’s orthodox scientists have not even begun to comprehend the role of consciousness in our universe, and until science begins to explore that territory, it will be playing a small game.

Evolutionary concepts. The idea of evolution is simply that nothing ever stays the same. The only constant in the universe is change, and it applies to life, too. The idea of evolution goes back at least to the Ancient Greek philosophers, but it came into flower with the 1859 publication of Charles Darwin’s The Origin of Species. Since then, evolution rapidly ascended as the explanatory mechanism for the diversity of life on Earth. Today, it is generally accepted that all life on Earth today is descended from one organism. The rise of evolutionary theory has been a checkered one, with some scientific factions turning it into a quasi-religion, with its adherents as dogmatic as the most fervent religious fanatic (there are likely evolutionary reasons for this ), but the explanatory power of evolutionary theory is unmatched in the life sciences, and its basic tenets have largely survived and have been further developed since Darwin’s time. A large portion of this essay is devoted to sketching the journey of life on Earth, it necessarily deals with evolutionary concepts, and some key ones follow.
    • Other than the first life, all life arrived on Earth via reproduction. While life may have arisen from inanimate matter around four bya, ever since then, life always arose from life via reproduction.
    • DNA is the latest repository of the information that life needs to successfully reproduce itself. From the beginning, life had to produce a “blueprint” for reproducing itself, and the first blueprint was not DNA. RNA preceded DNA as the reproductive blueprint, and was likely preceded by other informational molecules.
    • DNA does not always stay unchanged during an organism’s lifespan, to be bestowed on its descendants. At the bacterial level in particular, pieces of DNA can be exchanged between organisms, even species, and DNA can change within an organism’s lifetime (called mutation).
    • Many key evolutionary events likely happened once and then spread through reproduction. Some of those possibly unique events are:
    • When a bacterium learned to capture sunlight, more than three bya;
    • When a photosynthesizing bacterium learned to split water to get the electrons needed for photosynthesis, perhaps more than three bya;
    • When two bacteria joined into one organism and the complex cell was born, around two bya;
    • When a water-splitting photosynthesizing bacteria was captured by an complex cell, and plants were born, around one bya, give or take a half billion years or so;
    • When a complex cell learned how to reproduce sexually, about one bya, which allowed for faster evolution.
    • Other evolutionary solutions were independently attained by what is called convergent evolution, as distantly related species developed similar solutions to similar problems. Whether biological features in diverse species were independently developed or the result of common ancestry is a key question that scientists pursue.
    • Innovation can happen in the reproductive process through DNA replication, or the innovation can happen in an organism’s lifetime and be passed to its offspring through reproduction.
    • In general, life has continually invented new ways to acquire, preserve, and use energy. In that way, there has been “progress” in evolution.
    • A feature the evolved for one purpose can be used for new purposes (called exaptation).
    • When a species finds itself in advantageous circumstances, it can grow its numbers, populate other environments, and have rapid evolutionary changes as it adapts to new environments, which is called an adaptive radiation.
    • Species have their own life expectancies, and extinction can come in myriad ways. Also, entire ecosystems can come under stress that wipes out most species of complex life, which is called a mass extinction. This is an area where Darwin got it wrong, as he subscribed to Charles Lyell’s uniformitarian philosophy. Because of that, a dogmatic taboo against studying mass extinctions, or even admitting they were possible, prevailed in English-speaking nations for more than a century, which only ended in my lifetime. Now, studying mass extinctions has been called a fad in some scientific corners.
    • Genetics did not exist as a science when Darwin was alive, but it has arisen in prominence since his time, and the discovery and analysis of DNA has been a key trend. However, DNA does not tell the entire story of how life develops and evolves, and the rise of epigenetics in the past generation is one of the many unexpected developments in life studies.
    • The rise of humanity has caused many evolutionary events (such as wiping out the megafauna, domesticating plants and animals), and human evolution itself has accelerated due to human activities. Human culture and its impact have now outstripped evolution as a source of innovation. Today, humanity is either on the brink of a mass extinction that could exceed all others in history of complex life, or we could finally begin to act responsibly and usher in an unprecedented Epoch for both humanity and Earth’s denizens, in which humanity lives in abundance and peace while helping heal and partnering with Earth’s ecosystems.

Pristine instances of events. Many trends in the journey of life on Earth and the human journey seem to have been initiated by one event, such as some of those listed above, usually some kind of invention, and the invention spread through species, ecosystems, and societies. This essay is more concerned with how the pristine instances happened rather than how they spread. The spreading was fairly simple: copying. As an innovation was copied, there was usually variation in the copying, and it could lead to other innovations, but as with ranking ultimate and proximate causes, the initial invention was the key event, and everything that came after it was a far easier process. Sometimes, key inventions could be arrived at independently. The concept of convergent evolution conveys the idea in biology, and events in the human journey, such as the development of domestic plants and animals, and civilizations, were, to a degree, independently developed, as behaviorally modern humans developed similar solutions in their isolated states across the planet during the past 12,000 years. However, there is only one pristine instance of industrialization, which happened in England, and that event influenced all other instances of industrialization.

Energy’s role in the journey of life on Earth, and its Epochal role in the human journey. This is the primary theme of this essay, as it explores energy’s role in the beginning of our universe, the formation of our solar system, the journey of life on Earth, the human journey, and what the potential is of those sequestered technologies that are older than I am.

My intention for this essay is to communicate these ideas:

The role that energy plays in our universe, including:
    • How star systems form, live, and die, including ours;
    • How Earth evolved, from its fiery beginnings to becoming a “water planet”;
    • How life appeared and learned to harness energy, at ever-increasing levels;
    • How complex life appeared and evolved, including complex ecosystems;

How humanity arrived on the evolutionary scene, including:

• How and why primates appeared;
    • Why some left the trees and became apes;
    • Why some apes left the rainforests and learned to walk erect;
    • How they began making tools in a way never done before on Earth, and the subsequent runaway growth in the human-line’s brain;
    • How they learned to control fire, which in short evolutionary order led to the appearance of Homo sapiens and their conquest of Earth;

How humanity learned to harness new energy resources to propel its growth and prosperity, including:
    • Earth’s large animals;
    • Plants and animals conducive to domestication;
    • Earth’s forests;
    • Fossil fuels;
    • Non-chemical energy, of which nuclear, hydroelectric, and direct solar energy are the best-known;
    • What are called exotic energy sources, such as zero-point energy;

How humanity has pushed Earth’s ecosystems to the brink with its energy practices, in a number of ways, including:
    • Destroying ecosystems for human benefit;
    • Burning fossil fuels to the extent that it has measurably affected Earth’s atmosphere, and in ways that portend dramatic changes in Earth’s climate;
    • Various chemical pollution dynamics;

How humanity can become an environmentally harmless and economically abundant global civilization, in which poverty, most disease, and warfare become distant memories, while acknowledging:
    • The current sequestering by global elites of the technologies that make that transition feasible, as well as the organized suppression of independent efforts to develop such technologies;
    • Humanity’s inertia, which has not has not only not helped, but has often served to thwart such independent efforts;

I am going to put aside my discussion of those exotic technologies until late in this essay. The next several hundred pages are devoted to discussing the role of energy in our universe, the journey of life on Earth, and the human journey. That discussion is designed to help the reader develop a comprehensive perspective of these issues, as I have found that without a comprehensive perspective, people are easily led astray when navigating these subjects. This essay is intended to help people stay grounded, focus on what is important, and prevent them from becoming too distracted by the three-ring circus that surrounds the free energy milieu, which is full of charlatans, provocateurs, and other assailants (1, 2, 3), “skeptics,” the greedy, the gullible, megalomaniacs, and the like. Today’s free energy field is in a state of arrested development, with its focus on free energy inventors and theorists and the businessman’s approach to manifesting free energy. The inventors virtually all seek riches and fame, as do most theorists and entrepreneurs. The lure of free energy is often irresistible to those in the milieu or those close to it, and delusions of grandeur beckon.

This essay ends with the approach I am taking, arrived at from a lifetime of making attempts, commiserating with fellow travelers, and observing numerous independent efforts.
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 12th November 2019 at 02:49.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (11th November 2019), Joseph McAree (16th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Krist (12th November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019)

29. Link to Post #8375
    Thanks

Hi:

Boy, is Philip Cross ever busy! A spin-doctor’s work is never done. Cross darted into the fray on the article on the spook founder of the White Helmets, which has long since been exposed as a propaganda operation. That spook founder recently met an untimely demise, and Cross and friends were all over cleaning up that little mess, getting that spook ready for sainthood. Jimmy Wales has openly defended Cross.

It may well end up like with Ed, Noam, and the media. Their scholarship has proven to be unanswerable by the mainstream, so they get smear campaigns instead. Anybody with a clue knows how worthless the media is, but it just keeps churning out the propaganda, because most people fall for it, enough so that the Eds and Noams of the world just don’t matter. On political-economic matters, Wikipedia is proving to be little more than a propaganda outlet, but as long as the masses fall for it, it will keep chugging along, and I’ll get my annual begging email from Jimmy because I once donated $5 to Wikipedia.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (13th November 2019), Joseph McAree (16th November 2019), JRS (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019), Servant Limestone (14th November 2019)

31. Link to Post #8376
    Thanks

Hi:

Some odds and ends…

It looks like Philip Cross is a real person, but is likely being used by interests like Murdoch, as a sock-puppet, and is likely not the only contributor using his account. Intelligence connections would not be surprising in the least. Last year, a series of articles began, exposing Wikipedia’s corruption. We’ll see when the next ones come.

A great deal of libel is at Wikipedia, and like what happened to me regarding Ed’s bio, Wikipedia’s claim of neutrality is fraudulent. It very actively plays editor of the content, with a pronounced ideological bias, which mirrors Jimmy Wales’s biases (in which selfishness is elevated to a virtue), naturally. Wikipedia is particularly hostile to alternative medicine, elevating “quackbuster” Barrett, who is as cranky as they come, like some kid writing in his mother’s basement, to a “reliable source.” I have been aware of Gary Null’s work for more than 40 years, and his Wikipedia bio was so libelous, and dominated by Barrett’s drivel, that Null’s attorney unsuccessfully tried to get Null’s bio deleted at Wikipedia.

With anonymous coward editors and admins, secretive processes for banning people and other decisions, Wales’s defense of shills such as Cross, etc., Wikipedia has devolved into a parody of an encyclopedia for anything with political-economic relevance. Ed’s bio is libelous, while that White Helmets spook’s bio is going to remain hagiographic, if Cross has anything to say about it. Wikipedia will have a day of reckoning, and we’ll see if I live to see it.

I have been reading American Conspiracies and Cover-ups, and in ways, it is an example of how conspiracists can miss the boat. The author has interviews of Noam and Ralph Moss, for instance, but the author kept grinding the conspiracy ax, over and over, while Noam and Moss kept repeating that there did not need to be a conspiracy theory to explain how the mainstream media and Western medicine worked. Conspiracists continually bark up the wrong tree. I am not saying that conspiracies don’t exist or are not relevant. Far from it. My life was wrecked by a global conspiracy, but most of the damage was done by our allies and the structural corruption of the system, not by the conspirators. They don’t have to work that hard, in general. A nudge here and there, and let the evil system work its magic. More than 90% of organized suppression is structural. That interviewer kept focusing on the retail elite such as the Bilderbergers and the CFR, and Noam kept replying that those were not exactly secretive organizations. Other than a few factions of some organizations, you have never heard of the people who run the world.

Here is an example of how conspiracists miss the boat. In the Noam interview, the interviewer brought up the JFK hit and Vietnam. Noam replied that who killed JFK was not important, but whether there was a policy change with Johnson was the primary issue, and Noam concluded that there wasn’t. IMO, Vietnam is kind of a red herring with the JFK hit. JFK was killed because he tried to end the Cold War and pissed off Wall Street and the Eastern Oligarchy. JFK’s focus was on the Soviet Union, not Vietnam, although JFK was a reluctant imperialist, which was established well before his presidency, such as his support for post-colonial Africa. No American president before or since ever treated Africa that way. In the author’s notes at the book’s end, he at least mentioned the Cold War angle on JFK’s death. Too bad he didn’t bring it up with Noam.

JFK tried to end the Space Race soon before his murder, he pushed through the test ban treaty, both of which were designed to help end the Cold War, and Doug Caddy’s amazing testimony fits perfectly with the real reason why JFK was murdered, and policy definitely changed (look at what happened to the Alliance for Progress), but since the ET policy is not public anyway, and was taken out of the hands of the presidency after JFK (Carter tried, but got nowhere, and Clinton was afraid to try), a document analyst like Noam is never going to see those documents. As when I contacted Noam back in 1992, these are subjects that he will never know much about. It is just a limitation with him, as it was with Ed, and it is understandable. There are only so many years in a life, and ETs and free energy are far beyond the pale for Noam, Ed, and that interviewer.

The ETs and their attendant technologies comprise the targets of the big cover-up, and everything else is the small stuff, but that conspiracist author never even came close to going there in his book.

I have been reading Elizabeth Rauscher’s last book, on the exploration of consciousness. The results of many experiments were in the book, and what struck me was how talented a psychic Rauscher was. She did many remote viewing experiments, in which there was a target image and she drew them with remarkable accuracy. That book presented many target images and her drawings. It does not take much effort to falsify the materialistic models of consciousness.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 15th November 2019 at 03:23.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (14th November 2019), Joseph McAree (16th November 2019), JRS (15th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019), Servant Limestone (15th November 2019)

33. Link to Post #8377
    Thanks

Hi:

Caitlin Johnstone is definitely one of my favorite journalists, giving me that little dose of humor that I got from Uncle Ed’s work. Her recent article on the military coup in Bolivia is typical. The media can normalize anything that the Empire wants, no matter how criminal, bloody, and evil it might be, and her using a Peanuts cartoon is charming.

The USA’s standard of living has been declining ever since it hit peak energy use back in the early 1970s. And as Orwell predicted, the media keeps up with a drumbeat of everything being better than ever. When I saw the Trade Center towers smoking on 9/11, I knew that my efforts were too little and too late. I didn’t know exactly what the future held, but I expected an imperial rampage, and in the days and weeks after 9/11, it was obvious that the people of my great nation were losing their minds. Insane people are coming to prominence in the USA, and what I see today is reminiscent of tales of Rome’s slow-motion collapse.

Of course, this can all be easily changed, but it will take an unprecedented act of integrity and sentience, and it can be accomplished by a fairly small group. That is my game.

On a lighter note, I watch the traffic to my site, and last night I saw links from a site I had never noticed traffic from before, and I checked it out. It was from a plagiarism-checker site. I have been plagiarized and impersonated on the Internet, and have been accused of being the plagiarist, when it was easily provable that I was the one being plagiarized. During my bizarre encounters with Wikipedia over trying to give Ed’s libelous bio a makeover, I was accused of plagiarizing myself, to enter surreal realms. Anybody familiar with my work knows that I have never knowingly plagiarized anybody. I have certainly never tried to pass off anybody else’s work as mine. For better or worse, my work is highly unique, with its own inimitable style and approach. There is nothing else like it on the Internet. Whom could I plagiarize, without changing my style? So, it will be interesting to see what might come of that plagiarism checker activity to my site.

Best,

Wade

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (17th November 2019), Joseph McAree (16th November 2019), JRS (16th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Krist (15th November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019), Servant Limestone (18th November 2019)

35. Link to Post #8378
    Thanks

Hi:

I read some Global Warming news yesterday. I have been following the issue for the past 30 years, and I have noticed that even the most “alarmist” projections are turning out to be conservative. Scientists are constantly surprised at aspects of the melting of the world’s ice, especially at Greenland and Antarctica (2, 3, 4). This past year probably set a new record for ice melting in Greenland. The ocean could easily rise ten feet in this century, for starters, as humanity pumps carbon dioxide into the atmosphere like there is no tomorrow, to fuel our industrial societies. It is difficult for non-scientists to appreciate what is happening. It is likely that nothing like it has happened in the past four billion years on Earth, it is so dramatic. What humanity is doing is happening in an eye-blink on the geologic timescale. Arguably the only event that would be comparably abrupt was the bolide event that wiped out the dinosaurs.

But I get denial and “skepticism” from people, and I have had people who sever the relationship when their self-serving, business-as-usual oxen get gored, and they usually don’t even know the Global Warming basics. In the USA, it is a close cousin to people who are “skeptical” that evolution is a reality, as they turn to their Bibles for their “facts,” which tell them that the universe is about six thousand years old (or even that Earth is flat). There are outright phonies in the Global Warming “debate,” whom the media gives the stage, as if their interest-conflicted opinions have any validity.

But what has truly been surreal is that virtually everybody is oblivious to the idea that the solution to this problem and many others is older than they are, and there is often active hostility from the people who say that they seek solutions, and it can be the worst from the so-called educated and scientists, which initially blew Brian away. Ignorance, denial, indifference, fear, and hostility (and murder attempts from the people managing the situation - 1, 2, while talking heads in the field shamelessly lie about it) – that is the terrain that people such as Brian, Dennis, and I have had to navigate for many years. And if people show any interest, that can be worse, as they fly off in a million unproductive directions, which are often life-risking. Those are all variations of my journey’s primary lesson.

I accepted long ago that I seek needles in haystacks, but even I have been surprised at how few and far between people with the right stuff are. But I can’t afford to lower the bar, to get distracted on issues that don’t amount to anything, as people approach me with “the answer,” which are only their self-serving delusions talking, as they grind their particular axes (and refuse to do the work that my approach requires), advocate “bright idea” short-cuts that have been tried thousands of times, etc. If nothing else, my path has been teaching me patience. All that I seek today are people who can learn to hit the notes. The rest will come later.

Between now and year-end, I plan to get a lot done on my essay update. If I am fortunate, I’ll publish it next year, to be followed by a book, which will only be an abridged version of the essay.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th November 2019 at 15:13.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (16th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019), Servant Limestone (18th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #8379
    Thanks

Hi:

I want to expand a little on those interviews with Noam and Ralph Moss that I wrote about recently. They are great illustrations of my theme of awakening. Unless somebody is awakened, work line mine will either seem meaningless or a great threat. In Noam and Ed’s writings on the media, not only did they stress that conspiracies are not necessary to explain how the media works (although Ed said that conspiracies indeed exist and can have important impacts), they emphasized that journalists by and large were honest and industrious. They just worked within a false framework that was built around the myth that the media was a seeker of truth. All institutions have their sustaining mythologies, and from what I have seen, particularly in the rackets, the mythology is based on the Big Lie that the institution/profession serves the common good, when in practice, it delivers the opposite.

They all operate that way, in that everybody drinks the heroic Kool-Aid, and anybody who fails to is weeded out, and usually quickly. Only naïve fools like me, who still believed in the Easter Bunny, would dare question the founding mythology. You might call Ralph McGehee exceptionally naïve, working for the CIA, thinking that his efforts were a cross between missionary work and the Peace Corps. It took him 16 years to finally awaken to the evil that he was part of, and he nearly did not survive the experience. Similarly, you could call Dennis exceptionally naïve, believing the Horatio Alger tales and embracing American nationalism as his religion, even after killing people in Vietnam. Like Ralph, Dennis nearly did not survive his moment of awakening. The CIA’s headquarters are filled with zombies, counting their days to retirement and pouring themselves into a bottle each night, to deal with their cognitive dissonance.

Only the truly honest person will begin to have those dissonant thoughts, when their eyes tell them that their beliefs might be a little askew from reality. Few do. Again, this was my journey’s primary lesson, which I was able to generalize and apply to virtually all areas of human endeavor today. In a world of scarcity and fear, this is just how our world works.

Similarly, in Ralph Moss’s interview, he not only dismissed the conspiracy angle, but even lauded people that he knew at the FDA, who were dedicated to their mission. However, what Ralph did not say, and may not appreciate, was that those FDA people, who avidly wipe out or freeze out alternative treatments, believe in their mission via a combination of brainwashing and being unwilling or unable to think about why all alternatives are attacked for “quackery,” when that “coincidentally” lines the pockets of Big Pharma. Moss even took it easy on Fishbein, who was arguably the greatest quack of the 20th century, designing the “research” to “prove” the beneficial qualities of an asbestos cigarette filter, as he led the war on quacks. You couldn’t make it up if you tried.

Long ago, I wrote that the studies showed that coronary bypass surgery was useless, if increasing a patient’s life expectancy was the goal, but anybody who dared challenge the dogma soon found their careers over. Well, well, well, a major study was just published that confirmed those old studies. We’ll see how many more doctors might awaken a little.

I have more to write on this, and I’ll do it tomorrow.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 17th November 2019 at 05:37.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (17th November 2019), Joseph McAree (17th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019)

39. Link to Post #8380
    Thanks

Hi:

This issue of conspiracy or structural constraints can be subtle stuff. As with so many areas like this, if not for my wild ride with Dennis, I would likely not have anything worth saying about these issues. I would still be a naïve cog in a corporate wheel, but probably retired by now from my capitalist plunder. If that voice had not led me to Dennis, I might have worked for Microsoft and would be a millionaire many times over. And I had other millionaire opportunities that my path led me away from, but I certainly can’t regret any of it.

The structural constraints all arise from power relationships within political-economic dynamics. If rich people own the media, then those who work for the media will be attending to the interests of those rich people. Duh. Sometimes it is very conscious, but they usually just “internalize” the prevailing value system and labor under the delusion that they act freely. This is an aspect of social animals, which humans are. Herd management and groupthink are key aspects of how human organizations work, whether it is a corporation or society.

A few weeks after I met Dennis, I saw a TV news reporter lie her ass off about Dennis. She deliberately lied. Of the thousands of people who got the tax credit when they followed Dennis’s instructions for applying for it, that reporter found one person who screwed up, was initially denied, and that man became the centerpiece of her news segment, as she made the case that Dennis’s heat pump was a scam that did not qualify for the tax credit. The only way that one could say that the woman reporter was being honest was to provide the “she is a blithering idiot” defense.

So, conspiracy or idiot? I have seen this play out innumerable times during my journey. I watched Mr. Skeptic deliberately lie, repeatedly. When his lies were exposed, he simply made up new lies, as he duped the gullible. Mr. Skeptic was too clever to be stupid enough to “accidentally” do what he did. So, he consciously lied, and became a media darling because of it, who was featured in all of the TV media attacks on Dennis. The question then becomes if he did it as part of his job, or if he did it out of some twisted ego needs.

The timing of his appearance and his slinking away once Dennis was run out of the USA, after his 15-year campaign, has me more than half convinced that he was on somebody’s payroll the entire time. It is more psychologically interesting if his vendetta was free-lance, but he was likely being compensated somehow for his efforts. I was amazed at how naïve Sterling Allan was, being duped by Mr. Skeptic’s “affable skeptic” charade.

There is no doubt about Bill the BPA Hit Man or Ken Hodgell – they were on the payroll, as contract agents, kind of like my close relative was. When our technical material was stolen by the deputies in the raid, it was clearly a crime, and I strongly doubt that they stole it to peruse at their leisure.

When Dennis got those phone calls in the night from the so-called White Hats, at around the same time that we got the friendly buyout offer, and they added a couple of zeroes a year later, delivered by the CIA, before they lowered the boom on us, there was no longer any doubt that we had been targeted by an international conspiracy, but I didn’t get all of the pertinent details until several years later. When I finally did, a lot more became clear, and it is only in the past decade or so that I saw the bigger picture of why were such a threat in Ventura and had to be taken out. Our effort threatened to upend the entire GC applecart.

But that was not my big surprise. My big surprise was how the same people who gave Dennis a standing ovation on the day that I met him cheered as his company was stolen a few months later. My big surprise was that my own mother would campaign against me, never even asking for my side of the story as she completely swallowed her employer’s Big Lies. My big surprise was how easily Hodgell recruited Mr. Stooge and duped Mr. Engineer and Mr. Researcher when Dennis was arrested with his million dollar bail. When the dust settled in Ventura, Mr. Engineer had the honesty to tell Mr. Researcher that they were the world’s “saps.” Not many people are capable of an admission like that. During my first stint with Dennis, in Seattle, Boston, and Ventura, the people that I saw who acquitted themselves honorably amounted to less than ten people. If there had been fifty people like Mr. Professor and me, we would not have been stopped and the Fifth Epoch would be here by now, but there were only two of us. Our heroism cost us our lives, and Dennis should not have survived. I was young enough to survive the experience, while Mr. Professor wasn’t, and for Indiana Jones, he kept on going, incredibly.

By the time I staggered away from my home town, to never return, I had long since been radicalized and learned my journey’s primary lesson. The past 30 years of study and writing has been the small stuff.

So, I had already been through the meat grinder before I ever heard of Noam and Ed, structural analysis versus conspiracy theories, the history I was never taught in school, etc. I always brought my radicalized perspective to my studies, and I have a lot more to write about this structural/conspiratorial divide.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 17th November 2019 at 16:51.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (25th November 2019), Hym (17th November 2019), Joseph McAree (17th November 2019), Krishna (22nd November 2019), Reinhard (17th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 535 FirstFirst 1 319 369 409 419 429 469 519 535 LastLast