Page 122 of 536 FirstFirst 1 22 72 112 122 132 172 222 536 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #2421
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Part of the fear people have when it comes to letting go of their ideologies and assumptions relates to all the mental and emotional energy they've poured into said thoughts over time. It's easier for most to accept being miserable so long as they're "right", smart, etc. The thought of having been wrong all along is too threatening to their sense of self. Finding a sense of identity that does not depend on attachment to mental ideology and abstract theories will be needed for many to move forward in that regard. It could be thought of as attaining an inner abundance that will allow an outer abundance to manifest.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th October 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (29th October 2012), Melinda (28th October 2012), mosquito (29th October 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th October 2012), sandy (29th October 2012)

3. Link to Post #2422
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,684 times in 7,526 posts

Hi Enishi:

Yes indeed, that desire to be “right” is also part of our conditioning, and we are fed that perspective almost in our cradles. I think that once the scarcity paradigm is popped, rigid adherence to ideologies will largely disappear, because adhering to them does not help us get fed. The popular ideas of right and wrong will likely diminish and even disappear. People will stop settling for lies and half-truths because they feed them. But how to get there? That is the hard part. More than 99% of humanity today slumbers in the ideological beds that they were fed and further reinforced for themselves, and they are not going to wake up until a concrete reality is demonstrated to them. Machiavelli was right on this score:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#machiavelli

It took many years and many attempts to attempt to connect with the public, in Level 10 ways:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#level10

to see how truly in thrall people’s awareness was to the ideology(ies) of their choice. I have likened it to even imagining the reality and potential of FE is like traveling to a distant star system. The vast majority never even leave Earth orbit or even realize that they are Earth-bound and space flight is even possible. And for the few who get off the ground, virtually none can escape Earth’s gravity. And for the few who do, they almost invariably get trapped in the orbit of a celestial body. For some, they end up in a solar orbit. For others, the gravity well of Jupiter traps them. For others, they get lost in the Oort Cloud, or are seduced by the attractions of the quasars and other galactic spectacles.

Today, almost everybody in the FE field has inventor-itis, thinking that laboratory tinkering and raising money will get us over the top. None of them have ever put disruptive energy technology on the market, in a way that can be disruptive. Dennis is still the only person on Earth that I know of who has, and when I see inventors and their allies think that they can sneak right past Godzilla or the lower level predators, or pretend that Godzilla does not exist, that is the equivalent to getting trapped in solar orbit.

If we had to wait for everybody to do the work and wake up before FE was a material public reality, we would likely have to go extinct a few times as a species before the souls began to figure it out. I doubt that we have the time to do that, and I don’t relish living through a complete collapse of global civilization, and we are on the brink of that in more than one way.

I really do not expect anybody to learn the lessons that I did, nor do I encourage people to try, unless they want to throw their lives away on the learning experience, and survive it if they are lucky. That is why I came up with this choir idea. Virtually nobody can even imagine abundance today. And if they even glimpse it, they quickly want to go “do something,” and they all go chasing headlong into inventor-itis, raising money, trying to start a stampede, and so on. Been there, done that, so I am trying something different. I am also doing this in way that does not ask the participants to risk their lives, although I constantly see newbies go chasing after the Killer Bunny (https://youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg ), no matter how I try to dissuade them.

If several thousand people could let go of their scarcity-based ideologies long enough to just imagine abundance, it might be enough to catalyze the shift and bring FE into a public reality. That is my game, and we will see how it goes. Learning how to sing the abundance tune is anything but easy, and those close to you will usually rather see you strung up than sing it with you. Singing is far different than the braying of the herd, and the herd sees it as a great threat, because the singing is about ending the world as we know it, and all that the masses can see is the loss of the familiar, even if what is familiar is hellish. You really have to experience it, quite a few times, before the entrenched nature of their awareness can really be understood. My fellow travelers spent many years beating their heads against those walls, and I am trying to do something different.

When Joe Average can see and touch an FE device, especially when one is delivered to his home, then he will begin to wake up, and not before then, I am sorry to say. In the wake of 9/11, it became obvious that anybody thinking that Americans, for instance, will be able to shed their nationalistic indoctrination (which is crippling to gaining an understanding of how the world really works), is living in a fool’s paradise. Ben Franklin said that those who abdicate freedom for security deserve neither, and will likely get neither. The same goes for sentience. Self-serving ideologies such as American nationalism become more deeply entrenched in times of fear, as people readily abdicate their sentience for the promise of security. That is one reason why you see very few Americans contributing to this thread, and if I did it in a truly public, all-comers forum, the trolls would come running (some of whom are professionals (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/critics.htm#troll ), and the masses support their activities.

As a brief P.S. to my human journey posts, my environmental narrative is open to challenge, and it is currently in vogue to deny that we have any real environmental problems, especially human-created ones, as a reaction to the “environmentalism” that hails from the imperial nations, where the rich nations tell the poor nations how to do it, and even dictate it.

I see the situation as similar to Global Warming. Just because Global Warming has become a political football does not make Global Warming a myth. I agree that “imperial environmentalism” is self-serving on the part of the imperialists, but that does not mean that deforestation and plow agriculture are not catastrophic for the soils, and there is substantial evidence that killing off the hydrological cycle that the forests create and maintain desiccates the land. Over in the so-called “Fertile Crescent,” there are literally hundreds of ancient cities that not only were abandoned because the surrounding land could no longer support crops (all the topsoil was eroded away, and the ruins look like moonscapes), but many of them are buried under silt (which was life-giving soil, before deforestation, plow agriculture, and “progress” displaced it). The ruins of the once seaside city of Ur are more than a hundred miles inland:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post554340

buried by the silt of deforestation and plow agriculture. The USA’s Great Plains have already lost half of their topsoil. In another hundred thousand years, the next glaciation will make more of that kind of soil, if we have not already mucked up the cycle irreparably. A critical part of my message is that, with free energy and related technologies, dominating and wrecking environments for human benefit would become a relic of history, like slavery.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 30th October 2012 at 05:39.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Carmody (30th October 2012), CdnSirian (29th October 2012), Chris Gilbert (29th October 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Elly (30th October 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (29th October 2012), Melinda (29th October 2012), mosquito (29th October 2012), Muzz (29th October 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th October 2012), sandy (29th October 2012), scarletfire (30th October 2012), Tane Mahuta (29th October 2012)

5. Link to Post #2423
    Thanks

Hi:

Briefly, I have referred to guy’s blog before, and he promotes the Peak Oiler arguments, and here is one of the latest:

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogoct12/...stly10-12.html

Again, the Peak Oilers understand that energy runs the economy and always has. That is to their credit (interesting to see them also call tar sands and shale oil, “the dregs,” as I have been). Their arguments and evidence are very worth digesting. The Peak Oilers, however, are completely blind to FE, and I have found it to be a willful blindness, such as with Heinberg:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/hooked.htm#heinberg

and, boy, is it a small world in this stuff. Heinberg was Velikovsky’s personal assistant, and I just finished reading the latest from Velikovskian apostate Leroy Ellenberger as I began this little post. Peak Oil, FE, Velikovsky, and the fringes. They are strangely related.

Time for bed.

Best,

Wade

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st November 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), EsmaEverheart (30th October 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (30th October 2012), Limor Wolf (31st October 2012), Melinda (30th October 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (30th October 2012), sandy (30th October 2012), scarletfire (30th October 2012)

7. Link to Post #2424
    Thanks

Hi:

I have only a few minutes before I have to run off to a long day at work. I will likely be fairly quiet for the next two weeks, with work stuff, including travel. So far, I have avoided posting on the road. Next year, as I get that essay written and other activities, including getting some of my life list items checked off, I will likely be taking a couple of months off from posting, as I will be on the road, both in the USA and in Europe. But that is all a long way off.

I’ll get those life’s experiences posts done, and then get back to Rome. But that is all kind of a warm-up for what happened with the rise of Europe and industrialization. I have already written very extensively about a lot of it on my site, but not quite in the energy-centric way that I plan to. The early days of industrialization are interesting in that coal power was actually given a run for its money by water and wind power, which preceded the use of coal and through innovations stayed competitive with coal in the early days of industrialization. But wind power (sailing ships, mostly) was intermittent, the wind could blow from the wrong way, making travel harder, and in the end, coal-power steamships did not have to rely on the wind, and ended up hauling far greater payloads, and could meet the schedules of an industrializing world.

Similarly, water power is what ran the early mills of Great Britain and the colonies that became the USA. The rivers on the Eastern seaboard all had mills put on them, which ran early industry. As coal was discovered and mined, coal power eventually displaced water power, but as with wind, it was not an immediate victory for coal. But in the end, coal power was not geographically dependent, especially as the railroads got built, and as those deforesting “settlers” engaged in history’s most spectacular deforestation:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#extinct

they used coal to power their new civilization. During the middle of that frenzy, the power of oil was tapped, and electricity was discovered and used, which further transformed industrial civilization. That is some of the territory that I plan to cover in the coming month or two, to complete this series of posts. It is an energy tale above all else. In some ways, it is fascinating, in others, depressing. But there is potential in the story, potential that FE can unleash like nothing else can. You have all seen me cover some of the highlights before:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#advanced

but I am going to go pretty deeply into it before I am finished.

Time to run off to work.

Best,

Wade

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

4evrneo (30th October 2012), CdnSirian (1st November 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (30th October 2012), Melinda (30th October 2012), Muzz (1st November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (30th October 2012), sandy (31st October 2012), scarletfire (30th October 2012)

9. Link to Post #2425
    Thanks

Hi:

Sorry, but my day job is a little too demanding right now, and it will be this way through the end of next week. Then I expect to have something approaching normal for the rest of the year. I am pretty excited about next year, where I will be able to devote about half of the year to writing. I am regularly asked if I will make a book out of any of my writings, and the answer is no. I will only publish my work on the Internet, for free. Anything else can become the devil’s flypaper in this field. The energy essay, however, will be book length, and I will do some user-friendly things such as provide that essay in .pdf style, also, so people can print it if they want. I will have given up about a million dollars of lost income to do my research and writing, so it can be called a life project, which came after I got my clock cleaned while pursuing FE. I suppose it can be called a sacrifice, but I don’t really see it that way. I asked for it, and I have no regrets, but there are only so many hours in a day and years in a life. I am getting old, I gave up “frills” such as owning my own home, having a family, and I lost many friendships and family relationships along the way, while watching my fellow travelers go through hell, have shortened lives and the like. Nothing about the path has been easy, but I probably did about ten lifetimes of learning in it, and it is possible that it will help humanity turn the corner. When I was younger, I hoped that my efforts will not have been in vain, and I still hope that, but in the end, all we take with us is our consciousness, and I suppose that that has really been the journey of my life – to develop it.

Off to work.

Best,

Wade

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st November 2012), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Fred Steeves (31st October 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), Melinda (31st October 2012), mosquito (3rd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (31st October 2012), sandy (1st November 2012)

11. Link to Post #2426
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    I am getting old, I gave up “frills” such as owning my own home, having a family, and I lost many friendships and family relationships along the way, while watching my fellow travelers go through hell, have shortened lives and the like. Nothing about the path has been easy, but I probably did about ten lifetimes of learning in it, and it is possible that it will help humanity turn the corner. When I was younger, I hoped that my efforts will not have been in vain, and I still hope that, but in the end, all we take with us is our consciousness, and I suppose that that has really been the journey of my life – to develop it.
    Chin up Wade. It's the bottom of the 9th, tie game, and you're on deck.

12. Link to Post #2427
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Hi Wade, any idea when your "Energy Essay" will be finished?...

Will make interesting reading as to F/E.

Thankyou for the awesome thread...

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st November 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Melinda (31st October 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (31st October 2012), sandy (1st November 2012)

14. Link to Post #2428
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

I love to picture a world where an abundance of free energy makes a cleaner, brighter, safer and more compassionate home for everyone. Truly, and wholly, a healed planet. Thanks to this thread I’ve found a place where others are sharing in that vision, with their generous hearts and applied minds.

Very much looking forward to that essay. Already it’s sewing the seeds for a more harmonious world, even while it’s only in its growing stages.

Wishing you good things sir, to complete your work.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st November 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), mosquito (3rd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (1st November 2012), sandy (1st November 2012)

16. Link to Post #2429
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

I feel a deep appreciation for your writings, Wade, and warmest regards to all who contribute to this thread, every time I read here.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), Melinda (1st November 2012), mosquito (3rd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (1st November 2012), sandy (1st November 2012)

18. Link to Post #2430
    Thanks

Hi Fred.

Ah, the pressure when I was in the game with Dennis was infinitely greater. Not saying that this is easy, but I am no longer in the trenches. Playing at choir-building, not army-building – a different game. Seen enough FE blood and guts for one lifetime. Dennis is still taking his swings.

Hi Tane:

If I had to guess, it will be about a year from now. I plan to continue to sketch its outline on this thread for a couple of months, and this process is actually good for me, helping to organize the thrust of what is coming, and letting me know where I need to do a little more work. The final product is going to be pretty polished, putting my best foot forward, so to speak.

Hi Melinda:

We will see how this goes.

Hi CdnSirian:

Glad you hung around.

Best,

Wade

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (1st November 2012), sandy (1st November 2012)

20. Link to Post #2431
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi Fred.

Ah, the pressure when I was in the game with Dennis was infinitely greater. Not saying that this is easy, but I am no longer in the trenches. Playing at choir-building, not army-building – a different game. Seen enough FE blood and guts for one lifetime. Dennis is still taking his swings.
    Hi back at ya Wade. Just in case I wasn't clear, I didn't mean physically going to bat. I haven't been in the trenches like you, atleast in this lifetime, but I have been at this long enough to know that any true change comes from within, not from without. The choir is already rehearsing, you haven't noticed the occassional stops and starts, and off notes?(LOL)

Cheers,
    Fred

21. Link to Post #2432
    Thanks

Hi Fred:

I have a few minutes before I go catch the bus. I replied to this thread a minute ago:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post577606

There is a dance between the inner and outer worlds when we play the physical reality game. All that we take with us when we leave is our consciousness, but it develops by what we do in this physical world. The materialists, those Young Souls, think that this is all there is, in their youthful folly, and their developmental stage is when they rack up the biggest negative karma and can blow up their planet:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/spirit.htm#age3

One channel once said that virtually all the spiritual development that souls get by coming here is by just taking care of the physical body. Physical reality provides challenges and lessons that can’t be had anyplace else. Inner work has its place, but living one’s inner knowing on the stage of physical reality is the big test. Lots of people live in caves, trees, and the like, doing the inner work, but that is the easy part. Living it in the world is the hard part. The outer affects the inner, and the inner the outer. Seth once said that you can grow either way. My ultimate goal is impacting our physical reality in a positive way. Then it will be easier to do the inner work. A “master” may scoff at that, but I am also free to scoff at cave-dwelling “masters.” I have been asked to help heal somebody’s brain who had a traumatic injury, and I will begin that work tonight. It is inner work that manifests in physical reality, somebody’s brain this time. I will make clear the connection between the inner and outer world, never more clear than when working with the brain. Healing work uses both.

Best,

Wade

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Buck (5th November 2012), DoubleHelix (3rd November 2012), eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), EsmaEverheart (1st November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), Melinda (1st November 2012), Muzz (1st November 2012), Patrikas (2nd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (1st November 2012), sandy (2nd November 2012)

23. Link to Post #2433
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Quote Originally posted by Wade Frazier : Lots of people live in caves, trees, and the like, doing the inner work, but that is the easy part. Living it in the world is the hard part. The outer affects the inner, and the inner the outer
    That sentence gave me a new insight, or maybe strengthened what I already suspected as someone who until a couple of years ago used to live mainly in my inner world (cave) : it goes both ways.

If there is anything possible to do in order to support this person's brain injury and help your healing , Wade, please vocal it out, there is nothing like a concentrated effort. I am sure everyone reading this feels the same. in the mean time, I can vision the cells of the brain and the tissues fuse into healthy brain cells. the brain seems to be working as a hologram, the body functions are located in certain known places, but memories and consciousness seems to be scattered all over the place, if indeed consciousness lays there. I read in Michael Talbot's 'The Holographic Universe', that the brain has an unusual feature and it does not suffer from pain, It is possible to make a surgery on a person's brain while he is awake (the skull and scalp is anesthetized) without causing any pain. The brain is a fascinating organ.

Wade, you were requested to assist with the healing, I hope my question will not sound insensitive in any way, since I do wish with all my heart that this person will heal and will regain his/her health and balance, but what if someone's soul has other plans? what if there is a specific path that someone needs to follow and this injury has a reason?

In this instance, I will pray for the greater good and the most perfect path that this soul needs, sometimes hidden from our eyes. I remember what you wrote about this issue and about former healings that you were able to help with, including the girl with the cancer. in any way and with any outcome it must help and hasten the situation to go in the right direction. my prayers are for smooth recovery at this time.

Blessings,

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 1st November 2012 at 16:41.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), EsmaEverheart (1st November 2012), Melinda (1st November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (1st November 2012), sandy (2nd November 2012)

25. Link to Post #2434
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    ...If there is anything possible to do in order to support this person's brain injury and help your healing , Wade, please vocal it out, there is nothing like a concentrated effort. I am sure everyone reading this feels the same...
    What a thoughtful post Limor. Thank you for making my day a better one.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (1st November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd November 2012), sandy (2nd November 2012)

27. Link to Post #2435
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Best wishes for the Healing and for the Healer
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (2nd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd November 2012)

29. Link to Post #2436
    Thanks

Hi:

Thanks for the kind thoughts, all. With Sandy sending her wishes, the healing is assured. That is a big subject that you bring up, Limor, and I have a few ways to describe some of what you are alluding to. I am going from memory, but I think in The Aquarian Gospel version of Jesus healing the lepers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleansing_ten_lepers

Jesus not only said that the man who gave thanks was healed by his own “faith,” but that he would stay well, while the other nine would get the disease again. Disease has its purpose. When I worked on that girl with leukemia:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post194267

that was my last death-bed “healing.” I felt so badly after she died. Her mother later told me that the healing efforts were actually a great success. The next three days were blessedly peaceful for that girl, and her hospital room was transformed from a place of fear into a place of love and peace. I am teary as I think back to her death. She apparently reincarnated back into her mother’s life a few years later via a relative. Her mother really did not believe in reincarnation, but some mystics told her that the daughter came back, and her mother became convinced by evidence that mounted. Maybe the girl had unfinished business. One way to look at that situation is that the daughter took that healing energy and made an easy exit, because she was going, no matter what anybody did. Her soul had other plans.

Even in Western medicine, it is acknowledged that a big part of healing is the desire to be healed. Nobody can be healed against their wishes, and when it is time to check out, nothing can keep us here. But the soul has plans that the personality is not aware of, and no healer worthy of the moniker is foolish enough to force the issue, and only offers the healing energy to be used to the highest and best benefit of the recipient.

The first night of healing work in this current stint went well, and it will continue for a while. We will see how it goes.

Best,

Wade

P.S. Eaglespirit is back!
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 2nd November 2012 at 13:34.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Buck (5th November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (2nd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd November 2012), sandy (2nd November 2012)

31. Link to Post #2437
    Thanks

Hi:

Back to personal experiences, and then back to Rome. After that voice suggested that I study business:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice

I threw myself into studying business and capitalism. During my last year at the junior college in Ventura, I was a janitor cleaning lawyer, accountant and investment advisor offices. As I took out the trash, I read The Wall Street Journal, I began to play the market at age twenty, and I was a wild man, shorting casino stocks, buying options, and I nearly gave my broker a heart attack by trying to buy a copper futures contract. The deals that he talked me out of would have been big winners, and I think that the gambling gods will not let me make money that way. I broke even with all of my gyrations.

I was at the top of my classes studying business, and got the record test score on the national accounting exam at my university, but in my last year of college I burned out on academia. The hardest classes were my favorites, but I had several classes that were not intellectually challenging, but the instructors turned the classes into drudgery or memorization or some similar task, to make the classes seem formidable. By the time I graduated, I was eager to be done with college and get into the real world.

But I was also done with Southern California. I was introduced to hiking in the mountains, the Swiss Alps and the Cascades, as a teenager:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/pics.htm#matterhorn

and was hooked. I still am.

The only area of accounting that I did not like was income taxes, and I was determined to never do income taxes. But whoever was guiding me had plenty in store on my path, and one of them was the issue of working in the real world. I got out of college right in the teeth of the worst recession in forty years, in 1981-1982. While the LA accounting firms, the big prestigious ones, rolled out the red carpet for me, the last place on Earth that I wanted to work was in LA. I was determined to go home to Seattle, but accounting jobs were scarce. I decided to take lifestyle over career and moved to Seattle, determined to find work, and I found it as an accountant at a small CPA firm. It is still one of the most brutal jobs that I ever had. And I am sure that the voice in my head had something to do with it – all I did for my first post-collegiate stint was income tax returns. I hated that there was an entire profession dedicated to determining a person’s tax liability to the state, and there I was, a part of it. And they just threw me right into it, doing tax returns on my second day on the job. About the second week, I got a headache that lasted from when I woke up to when I went to bed. I had it for the rest of my tenure at that job, which was about three months. I thought that it might have been due to the climate change of moving from California to Seattle in the winter, but I now know that it was my first stress incident, and far from my last.

They laid me off soon after April 15th, and I crawled back to LA, defeated. I have written about my LA days on this thread, so will not belabor them:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post406928

but they were my welcome to the real world, as I worked in a hellish environment. But I want to back up a little to my back injury. I was a multi-sport athlete with the world-class throwing arm, but I really did not fit the jock mold very well. I was around plenty of world-class athletes, some became world-record holders, some became professionals, and I saw their swagger and single-minded devotion to their craft. You had to eat, drink, and sleep your event if you wanted to be a world-class track athlete. I had too much going on in my life to do that, so I was more of a dabbler than I was a dedicated athlete. I was also the only student I knew who did not get help from my parents. I paid for all of my college expenses, although I lived in a Golden Age, getting an essentially free college education, before Ronald Reagan and friends began dismantling the California social system. When I went to school, California ranked first of the fifty states in spending per capita on schools. Today it ranks last, but it has a great prison system!

But while I was working, getting straight A’s and “dabbling” in athletics, my friends were playing another game that I was not familiar with. The 1970s in Southern California became legendary for its debauchery. While I was studying The Aquarian Gospel and Seth, my friends and associates were burning through women like there was no tomorrow.

Some of my closest high school friends went to UCLA, and I visited them in my freshman year. LA is where a pretty high proportion of the world’s most beautiful women have flocked to, especially around Beverly Hills, where UCLA is, and it is also close to Hollywood. And those early days of women’s liberation and the availability of birth control, it kind of became a free-for-all. When I visited my friends on the UCLA campus, I was standing on a sidewalk near the university union, and some babe jogged up across the street and gave me a high-wattage smile, a “hello handsome” look that I had never encountered before or since. As she smiled at me, I thought that she must have been smiling at somebody behind me, and I looked behind me but nobody was there. I turned back to her megawatt smile. I looked down and walked away, kind of unsettled by the experience.

My close friend at UCLA joined a fraternity the next year, and it was the same year that Animal House came out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...s_Animal_House

During his first year at that fraternity, the fraternity president gave a speech at a nearby model school – women learning to be models. When his speech was done, he pulled off a precursor to that Andy Kaufman stunt when he invited the audience to milk and cookies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ka...egie_Hall_show

The fraternity president invited the student body of the model college to their fraternity house for a little socializing, and two buses were waiting outside the model college, and the models-in-training filled the buses and were served campaign on the trip to the fraternity house. You can imagine how it went at the fraternity house. That orgy became legendary. Several years later, as I began my career in LA, I again heard about it from a senior accountant whom I worked for. The 1980s in LA were the years of cocaine and the “I have a BMW, therefore I am” mantra during the Reagan Greed Years, with people like Michael Milken becoming poster boys for the excesses of that era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Milken

But while my friends were attending orgies with models and such, I was living the chaste life, studying mystical material, working my way through school, being a vegan and the like. But in my senior year of college I sought one last achievement of meaningless athletic glory, and tried to become an all-American in my event. At six-foot one-inch and 140 pounds, I was not going be an all-American javelin thrower, and I gave up my vegan ways:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/veggie.htm#vegan

My other closest friend finally kind of settled down with one woman, a former cheerleader and athlete, a babe with a capital B, and he cheated on her habitually, all of his friends hit on her but me, so she began to throw herself at me, and after a year of that, I broke down and lost my virginity with her, for my life’s greatest crime. Plenty of people contributed to that bittersweet event, but it was my fault for allowing myself to get sucked in like that. I then lived like a monk until I met my wife several years later, avoiding the women who threw themselves at me.

A few days after losing my virginity, I injured my back in a weightlifting incident, in the middle of my back, where the emotions chakra is. I still have the injury, more than thirty years later, and I will take that injury to my grave, as a daily reminder of my life’s greatest crime. As I look back, it seemed almost perfectly symmetrical, where being involved in collegiate athletics at the national level, with womanizing being the order of the day, gave my ego an inflation then a beating. In LA, it was about to become far more pronounced.

I went from getting record test scores to being told that I was stupid and did not know anything. That is how the accounting profession breaks in its newbies. In one respect, they were right, in that the academic experience is only a precursor to really learning the ropes of the profession, but as I was to discover, I had entered a completely worthless profession, although it would take me several years to realize it:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#believing

What the hell did that voice have in mind for me?

More later, but it is off to work for now.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd November 2012 at 04:27.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Buck (5th November 2012), Elly (3rd November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (2nd November 2012), Limor Wolf (3rd November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd November 2012), sandy (5th November 2012)

33. Link to Post #2438
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Hi Wade,

Not only did you notice the subtleties in your life in an uncommon way, but you write about it in a flow that is very easy to read and accept. Connecting the dotts in your life the way you do, indicates on a perceptiveness which is quite unusual, but nevertheless necessary for the job you are doing.
    (the non profit job )

It may sound out of place but I hope it is o.k to write it down
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 3rd November 2012 at 06:52.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Elly (3rd November 2012), Nine (16th December 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (4th November 2012), sandy (5th November 2012)

35. Link to Post #2439
    Thanks

Hi Limor:

Your observations are always welcome. You see with your heart, and that is what is most important.

I have a little time this morning for writing, and we will see how far along I can get.

Those days in LA were by far my life’s unhappiest. But even then there was compensation. I got away to the Sierras whenever I could:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post196769

I joined a number of meditation groups, mostly related to Silva Mind Control, and the LA Silva instructor became one of my best friends. He was a protégé of the legendary Burt Goldman. I mummified fruit and did other experiments:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ied#post574885

Even though I stopped watching TV when I was eighteen:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post573930

I have been a movie fan since I was a teenager, and the movie experience is still something that I do regularly, but in my old age I am pretty picky; it has to be a good movie to get me into a theater. And in my first year in LA, I lived close to Westwood and Hollywood, where the best theaters were, and I saw at least a couple of movies a week, most weeks, and I saw plenty of foreign films. Running into movie stars was a weekly experience, often while going to the movies, but also on the street, in social situations, and so on. I acted in high school, recruited by my drama teacher, and even did a screen test when I was about ten. That came with the territory of growing up near Hollywood. Hollywood stars are people, too, often poorly adjusted ones. Lots of ego and greed in LA, but also lots of people trying to make a living by being creative. That is not an easy dance by any means. Through Silva, I met one of my best friends in LA, and he was an aspiring filmmaker who ended up making award-winning films.

While in LA, half of my friends were either in entertainment, used to be in entertainment, or were trying to break into entertainment, and that meant music, film, TV, books, and other media, although New York City was more where the publishing action was. One pal was a porn flick producer. LA was also the heart of the porn industry, but the San Fernando Valley was the center of it instead of Hollywood. My porn flick producer pal got into the business like so many others did: he was trying to get a break in Hollywood, but doing porn was a way to make money until he got his break. He was an aspiring screenwriter, and one of his ideas was The Divorce Game, which was the logical successor to The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game. Only in 1980s LA could a cynical game like that be pitched, and I doubt that the show ever got made. But he made money making porn flicks, and the “talent” in the movies were often drug addicts. He said that the star of one of his movies, an eighteen-year-old angelic-looking babe, was a Quaalude addict. The porn industry was the underbelly of the entertainment industry, but my friends regularly told me horrific tales of the reality of Hollywood, especially in the movie industry. The slime factor could be pretty extreme. Just last month, Susan Sarandon came forward with her casting couch story:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/15/su...elle-magazine/

but hers happened in New York. LA was full of that stuff, too. Ronald Reagan managed the Black List back during the McCarthy Era. What a charming man:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/war.htm#reagan

He met his wife Nancy because she was on the Black List, wanted to get off it, and Ronnie was the man to see. Nancy reputedly was the best in Hollywood for giving out sexual favors:

http://www.ocweekly.com/2001-02-15/f...ll-it-a-davis/

and I don’t know how she persuaded Ronnie to take her off the black list, but their romance soon flourished. When Ronnie was still making a living as an actor, his directors would send women to Ronnie’s trailer to “blow off some steam” to relax him for his scenes. That kind of stuff was standard operating procedure in Hollywood.

As I have written:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post406928

my professional life in LA was a blur of inventories and the other disagreeable work in the office, with my career quickly going nowhere, if I wanted to ascend in the ranks of public accounting, which I did not want to do. I have written about the stress symptoms that blossomed during the busy season, and they came back and did not leave during my third busy season:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ath#post327642

I stopped going to movies so much, got out of LA whenever I could, developed a drinking problem, just getting a six-pack of beer on the way home and drinking it at home, and other sad coping mechanisms. I was also crazy loyal to my company, and spent two winters in a row living out of town on that big savings and loan job:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#getting

(which got me out of LA, so it was not so bad ). But the shark tank of my professional life, the cognitive dissonance of not being sure that what I did was benefitting society, the unfulfilled dreams of changing the energy industry and related goals, and living on a huge slab of smoggy asphalt with thirteen million other people, took its toll. I was shaking from stress, dreading the next day, and the same day that I was told that I could leave the company on my own terms, my “friends” threw another dramatic, larger-than-life situation into my lap, testing me, as I rescued a hooker from one of her customers:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post406934

When I went back to LA in February of 1986, I was happy that I would be leaving public accounting, but I was shaking from my stress symptoms. I was highly marketable, from my years at the big CPA firm, but I also resigned myself to the idea that I was trapped in LA. I had tried to find work in Seattle the previous summer, but was shut out. So, I began to have interviews in LA, but my heart was not in it. After an interview where I made it clear that I did not want to work too many hours (the kiss of death to that interview ), a weekend spent in Bishop with my friends, and a talk with my boss who was letting me leave the company on my own terms, but who lined up an interview for me in an industrial wasteland town, I hit rock bottom, more than eight years after that voice suggested to me that I might like studying business:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice

I was all out of ideas, trapped in the hell of LA. So, for the second and so far last time in my life, I prayed for guidance. It was a truly desperate prayer. I felt backed into a corner with no way out. After my desperate prayer for guidance, I fell into a dreamless sleep. When I awoke the next morning, the voice was not as dramatic as that first time, but the thought crept into my head in the first hour of waking, “Hey, why not move to Seattle now? You would likely starve, but it would be more fun than living in LA. What do you have to lose?” A person could argue that the thought was not as alien as the first time, when it suggested looking into studying business, but the thought came totally out of left field. I had resigned myself to years in LA the summer before, when I could not find work in Seattle, and figured that I would have to build a huge war chest to wait out a long look for work in Seattle. Starving in Seattle was an instantly appealing idea. It was not totally a leap of faith. I could live with my grandparents again:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#kansas

and that was truly a blessed experience. I lived with them for about six months in total, and those were some of my life’s happiest times. When I heard that voice again, I was on my way. I gave notice that morning, a Tuesday, and by Saturday I had moved all of my possessions that could not fit into my Pinto wagon into storage at my father’s house in Ventura, and on Monday I was rolling into Seattle, determined to find work if it took me a year:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice2

The previous two years, I worked almost daily on Apple’s Macintosh, and I regularly used some software from a Seattle start-up. I have always been a technology geek, and computers and information systems always came effortlessly to me, and when I moved to Seattle, that start-up was doing well, and I am sure that I could have gotten a job with them. They did their IPO soon after I moved to Seattle, and that start-up, Microsoft, was going places. But before I could go chasing after a job at Microsoft, that voice had other plans for me, as I walked straight into Dennis’s company. It felt like a lightning bolt hit me. Little did I know that I was jumping from the frying pan of LA into the fire of life with Dennis.

I have written plenty of the incredible learning experiences that I had during my years with Dennis:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#why

but I have left plenty out of my memoirs, and I will add a few ones now. When I had that interview with the man who became my boss, he talked about how he was risking his life by working with Dennis, but that it was the most fulfilling work he had ever done. I got high atop my soapbox in that interview, and talked about how inventors were the unsung heroes of our society. My idealism was on full display, and there were no other contenders for the job after I was finished. They moved their factories the next week, and about ten days after my first interview, I met with Dennis and his wife, and in retrospect, Dennis and I both knew that something was up during our first eye contact:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...act#post414784

Little did I know what I was in for. I still look back and wonder if it all really happened, but that voice and all that came after it was all too real. I eagerly worked long hours for about three months, largely for free as it turned out, reconstructing the company’s records. Then my boss, that idealist who was risking his life by working for Dennis, helped engineer the theft of Dennis’s company. I could go on for quite some time on what I saw during those days, watching the many betrayals of Dennis, and the abandonment, to where two months after his company was stolen, I was the only person left who still wanted to work with Dennis. I chased him to Boston as he tried to rebuild the effort, and he got his first free energy idea the day after I got to Boston:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#chasing

Dennis tried to talk me out of chasing him to Boston, but I would not be dissuaded, and he relented. When I got there, there was a painting they made that was on the wall of their bedroom, about the ten lepers and the one who returned:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post577994

It was about me chasing Dennis to Boston. Dennis and his Jewish wife are super-Christians, and it was only the first time of several when they described my activities as some kind of divine intervention. I don’t know where that voice came from or what it really intended, or even if it really had my best interests at heart. All that I know is that it come through when I asked it to, and once when I did not ask for it (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice3 ), which angered me and sent me into the dark phase of my midlife crisis, which lasted for four more years (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paths.htm#crisis ). Having that voice in my head became part of the folklore around Dennis, and being described as some kind of messenger for God is strange and ego-challenging, to put it mildly. Was that all really divine intervention? I know that when Mr. Professor and I ended up rescuing Dennis from the dark hole that Godzilla’s minions had thrown him in:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#it

that it was divine intervention, spurred by my sacrifice, but getting to that desperate state is not what I would wish on anybody. But if that voice and whatever intervened to spring Dennis from jail are related, nobody has told me yet, and I am not sure that I want to hear the answer. All in all, I have no regrets, but what a crazy ride that all was. But here are some anecdotes that I have not previously disclosed.

Dennis later said that I was literally shaking in my interview with him and his wife the day that they hired me. I was so stress fried from my LA days that I had rings under my eyes like a raccoon. When I got the job, I moved out from my grandparent’s home and lived with an aspiring screenwriter who moved to LA the next year, to be where the action was, and we ended up in LA together, which you could not have convinced me was possible in that wonderful spring of 1986, which was the happiest year of my life. When I last saw him before I chased Dennis to Boston, he said that I looked twenty years younger than when I met him several months earlier. When I chased Dennis to Boston I was completely recovered from my LA days stress symptoms, as I pursued my life’s work and got to hike in the mountains every weekend. Oh, what a joyous time that was.

When I lived with my roomie, about a month after I began working for Dennis, there was a night when I laid on my sleeping pad (my bed had not been shipped up from California yet, with my other personal possessions) that I used for hiking. I was in an altered state all night long, half-dreaming about what I had walked into with Dennis, with my spirit exhilarated in a way that I have not experienced since then. It felt was like I was floating above the floor all night long. The first night that I slept the night with a woman, it was like that, and I had it once after I came back from Europe and had not golfed for a few months but would golf the next day with the new clubs that I bought from my unused Europe money (I was a legendary cheapskate on that European trip, spending only thirty dollars on myself in our two-month tour http://www.ahealedplanet.net/spirit.htm#europe , and my tour guide wrote a book of her life, and she noted my cheapskate record among all the many tours that she led). In my life, those are the only three nights that I had like that, with that night in 1986 being the last one.

While I joyously worked for free that spring of 1986, thinking that I was finally pursuing my life’s work with those who also were dedicated to the cause, my boss was plotting the theft of the company from Dennis. He purposely kept me from the area of the business where I would have seen what he was up to, and in June of 1986, he made his move. By June of 1986, I was one of the relatively few people who came to the office to work each day, with the company nearly dead. Dennis very much wanted me to reconstruct their books, and I worked for a promise of stock in the company, and I was ecstatic with the promise of a miniscule piece of the action. I was just happy to be there.

One morning, I got to work and Dennis and his wife were nowhere to be seen, and some people that I had never seen before were milling around the office. I just kept working, not knowing what was up, and a man I had never seen before came over to my desk and introduced himself. My boss came up behind him and intervened. He said that something was happening at work and that I should probably take the rest of the day off. So I did, but I had no idea what was happening. Later that day, I got a call from Dennis. He said that my boss was making a play to steal the company from Dennis, but it did not work. I was shocked, and at that moment I began to lose a lot of innocence, which was a ride that would not end until I left Ventura four years later, with my life shattered.

About a dozen of us “loyalists” who were not part of my boss’s conspiracy met at Dennis’s house that weekend. That is when I helped move Mr. Inventor’s inventions and related equipment into Mr. Engineer’s barn, so the thieves could not seize them:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#inventor1

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post414080

That Monday, I was back at my desk, that time with Dennis and his wife running the office, and my boss and his co-conspirator, our general counsel, nowhere in evidence. As I sat there and worked, however, in came my boss and the general counsel. They expected that their ploy would be successful, they left a great deal of incriminating evidence in their offices, and they were there to recover them. I will never forget that scene as it played out in front of my desk. Dennis came out of his office and bodily blocked the door to my boss’s office. It looked like it would come to blows for a minute, with them trying to push Dennis out of the way.

My boss and our general counsel had committed crimes that merited time behind bars, but if you work on behalf of the forces of darkness, wittingly or not (I think they were motivate by greed, and not part of the effort by the electric companies to wipe Dennis out), you don’t have to worry about the “justice” system getting ahold of you. The legal system attacks were reserved for the man who made things happen, not the criminals and parasites that smelled blood and flocked to the effort, waiting for their opportunity for plunder.

My boss and the general counsel left, but they prevailed in a shareholder’s meeting later that week, in what was blatant theft. My boss was using his own negligence in completing the stock transaction that took Dennis’s company public to instead steal the company from Dennis. It was plainly a criminal act for anybody with the slightest acquaintance with stock transactions. It would be like opening a bank account and the bank saying, “Hey, thanks for the donation. This is my money now!” It was the first of many mind-boggling instances of the “law” working in the real world that I would experience over the next several years. Martin Luther King Junior once said something like, “Let’s not forget that everything that Hitler did was legal.”

The night before my boss stole the company, I was the security for the office, sleeping on a couch in my sleeping bag at the office, with people praying for my safety that night. The next day, when my boss was successful with his theft of the company, which he pulled off as the inside-job accomplice to a group of criminals who stole the company of Dennis’s financier a couple of weeks earlier:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#financier

there was a moment of truth at that shareholder’s meeting, when the theft was obviously going to be successful. The ringleader of the criminals took the podium and told the assembled crowd of hundreds that they did not need Dennis anymore, that they would take over the company and save the day. When he made that statement, a cheer went up from the crowd. I looked across that crowd in disbelief. The very same people who I had seen sucking up to Dennis in the previous months were cheering as his company was stolen. It was my first salient moment of awakening:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#salient1

When the crowd shouted “Give us Barabbas!” before Jesus’s crucifixion, it probably looked a lot like that scene at the shareholders’ meeting. As Dennis later said, that cheering throng inherited the wind. Dennis left the state in days to try to rebuild the effort, with his wife and children only a few days behind him. Those dozen “loyalists” quickly fell by the wayside, one-by-one. I befriended all of them in those days, but they all bowed out pretty quickly, with one installer going to work for the thieves (who later testified against Dennis in Ventura – a long, sad story there – he was loyal to getting a paycheck above all else). Two months later, in early August 1986, I was the only “loyalist” left, and only two of them bowed out with honor. Mr. Engineer, who was basically unemployable, an old man with bladder cancer, went home to Ellensburg, to wait for Dennis to make something happen. After Dennis tried to talk me out of following him, and after I spent two dispirited weeks looking for work again, I called Dennis again and said that I would sleep on a floor to help him rebuild the effort. All I needed was food and a floor to sleep on. That won Dennis over, and I began planning my move to chase Dennis out to Boston.

My unseen “friends” threw many tests at me as I prepared, the last of which was improbably spending the last weekend in Seattle with a woman whom I also met through preposterous, way-larger-than-life circumstances, and I drove from Seattle in tears. Not only was I once again leaving Seattle for my so-called career, but that time I left behind a lover who soon ended the relationship.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#chasing

Leaving Seattle to chase Dennis to Boston was about the hardest thing I ever did. I went to Boston via California, pulling maintenance on my car at my father’s house, seeing my friends in LA, meeting Seth for the first time:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...der#post260477

and towing a trailer with my CD collection, some of my books, and some cherished personal possessions and records that Dennis and his wife stored in Mr. Engineer’s barn. I slept in my car at rest areas on the way to Boston, and on the last day, I began the day in Tennessee and did not want to sleep in my vulnerable situation with that trailer, in the crime-ridden East Coast, so I drove all night and rolled into Boston on a Sunday morning at about 8:00 AM. I really did not know Dennis all that well by then. I was highly impressed with how he dealt with the slings and arrows in Seattle, but we really did not know each other. Within moments of my arrival and a big bear hug from Dennis, he said that I was an enigma, but he trusted his god that I was sent there for a reason. I then told him about Mr. Mentor’s influence:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#glimpse

and my dreams of changing the energy industry. Then our relationship really began. It is a long story, but Dennis was in Boston to basically bail out one of his salesmen who invested his family’s life’s savings into Dennis’s efforts. Dennis tried to bring in a competent investor to make the salesman’s family whole and take them out, but they fought him every step of the way, treating him like some wayward salesman whom they had to corral. Their house is where I lived during the first month in Boston, in one of the first solar homes in the USA (built in about 1950), which somebody was attempting to get historical landmark status for recently, and I hope they get it.

The day after I got there, I took Dennis to a facility where they made electricity using low temperature hot water, at about same temperature as the output of Dennis’s heat pump:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#new

That was when Dennis got his first free energy idea. I don’t know about the reader, but as I write this, I am continually amazed at all the synchronicity, the bizarre events that led to stunning moments of realization, and so on. Throughout it all, I kept my eyes and ears open.

Although 1986 was my life’s happiest year, I also starved. I ended the year about 20 days into what became my life’s longest fast so far, of 45 days. I did it because it was cheaper than eating. I drank a gallon of apple juice a day. I was also my first real winter, where I learned to drive on snow and ice, as it was a hard winter. We got a storm that dropped 4-to-6 inches of snow, every other day, for two weeks. The snow was two feet deep in the yard for about two months. And in that snowy winter, Dennis and I stayed up late into the night regularly in the living room, and I heard the story of his life, and what a life. Many of his life’s events are simply incredible, totally unbelievable to most people, like something out of a Walter Mitty fantasy, but to Dennis, they were just the adventures of somebody who followed his heart:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#dennis

His life’s events were about to become even more preposterous. During my fast, I took temporary work, and my last week of it was working at a Kennedy foundation in their payables department, and saw from the inside how the Kennedys were kind of treated like royalty in Boston. Not everybody thought of them that way in Boston, that was for sure, but when I worked in that foundation, the reverence and even awe that the Kennedys were held in was obvious.

We had just moved into that house where we spent the winter, and I used my earnings as a temp to pay the gasoline bill that I racked up driving across the USA, and Dennis finally got an investor lined up to make that salesman’s family whole and take them out, but the family wanted no part of giving up any stake that they had. The investor easily saw that Dennis was the main attraction, not that salesman’s family. I was just waiting for Dennis to start to make something happen, then I would quit the temp job and help him rebuild. Then the investor got a glimpse of the game that Dennis was planning to play with FE, and he got scared and pulled the rug out from under Dennis. I did not know it, just doing my temp thing and living in the house’s attic, but when the investor pulled out, he screwed Dennis by essentially stopping payment on his first installment (less than $2K, as I recall), of which Dennis sent $500 to Mr. Engineer and used the rest to pay the rent on our house. Mr. Engineer was already driving out to Boston, about in Montana at the time, and on Monday, Dennis’s rent check and the check to Mr. Engineer were going to bounce. Dennis was high and dry. As he later wrote in My Quest, when stuff like that happened, he just “looked up” and let God take care of it. It was as inside joke pun only known to me and the few others who lived there, because when he looked up from his bed, it was the floor of my bedroom. It was another time when Dennis saw his God acting through me. I don’t know about all that, but the next day was one of my life’s most memorable.

I asked Dennis on Saturday morning if I should keep temping at that Kennedy foundation, or did the investor come through, as the big meeting with him was the night before, when Dennis “looked up” when he went to bed. He said that the investor got cold feet and that I should just keep temping on Monday. I then asked Dennis for some of the details of what happened. I was going on almost pure faith that I was there for a reason, and just helping Dennis rebuild was the only thing on my agenda. Dennis told me that the investor was going to put up $20K to get Dennis going again, but got cold feet. Sometime in the next two hours, I asked Dennis if all the guy had to do was put up $20K to be his 50/50 partner, and he said yes. I replied, “If I come up with the $20K, can I be your partner?” Dennis later wrote that it was an effort for him to not laugh, coming from a man who was fasting because it was cheaper than eating. But for the next two hours, I called my friends and family, and my Monday morning, $25K was on its way to my bank account, and we were off and running. What Dennis did not tell me was that the investor was only putting up $20K as a down payment on a $1 million investment to be his 50/50 partner. Not knowing that ended up costing me dearly later, as my investors began to attack me.

I originally was not going to take a stake for myself at all. I wanted to heal the world and make my friends and family rich in the process. I also guaranteed that I would pay back their investment if our venture failed. Dennis heard my naïve notions and told me to take a 20% stake for myself. I then gave one share of our stake to Dennis, so he had control and did not have to worry about what happened in Seattle repeating itself, and Dennis insisted on control of his companies ever since. I called our investment group Better World Investors, and Dennis eventually named one of his companies Better World Technologies, after he got out of prison.

And I have already given some of the highlights of what happened after those events. An old girlfriend, whom I once considered marrying (super babe, as usual, but not very bright), was one of my smallest investors, who put up $500, began to question my motivation a couple of months after I raised the money, and I had four consecutive painful conversations with her where she accused me of ripping her off. After the fourth conversation, I was in tears in our kitchen and Dennis said to pay her twice what she invested and get rid of her, and he then made a tape to my investors where he said that he was making my guarantee good now, and that I would not be on the hook afterward, where my investors would either get double their money back or sell half of their stock for all of their money back. One friend took us up on the offer (Mr. Professor was in the picture by that time (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#mr ) and eagerly bought out anybody who wanted out). In December 1988, in the worst month of my life (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#it ), by far, on the day after I filed for bankruptcy, and the weekend before I began my job at that medical lab (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#experience ), my second largest investor, a friend who advised me to marry that old girlfriend, and who put her on the phone for our last sad encounter, and whom I begged to sell some or all of his investment the year before, called to tell me that he had gone and sold his investment behind my back to some people who were now hopping mad that he had sold them an investment in a “scam,” and that I needed to make them whole. I spent the next year paying that off ($5K), and my relationship with that friend was never the same although I instantly forgave him. Years later, he spread a rumor that got to me about how I was screwing him with his investment. That is the effect of a guilty conscience at work. I have had to do an immense amount of forgiving of those around me over the years, and my experience I think is a great example of never doing business with friends and family, even for the most idealistic and benevolent of motives. I guess on the upside, you will really find out who your friends are, but most friendships and family relationships will not survive the rigors of the experience, even when it is far more innocuous than what I lived through.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, and I will be out of town for most of next week, so I will be pretty quiet for the next week, although I may get another post done this weekend.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th November 2012 at 05:54.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Elly (4th November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (4th November 2012), Limor Wolf (5th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (5th November 2012), sandy (5th November 2012), Tane Mahuta (3rd November 2012)

37. Link to Post #2440
    Thanks

Hi:

I have some time. Boston was the transition from the happiest year of my life to the worst year of my life. 1986 ended with me literally starving, but happy I was there. After I raised the money, we began planning our first Greatest Energy Show on Earth, to tell you how much P.T. Barnum is in Dennis’s blood:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#barnum

In that picture of Dennis in the pulpit at the Old South facility, I was sitting below him out of the picture, as his sidekick in the show. We did not demonstrate much in front of about 35 people that night, but we kept doing shows. While some people were impressed, they also said that we were bravely crazy, inviting the wrath of the energy oligarchy. We landed right in the middle of a huge nuclear reactor controversy that Michael Dukakis used as a political football for his run at the presidency the next year:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ook#post421441

We had one of our shows a quarter mile from the front gates of the Seabrook Nuclear Reactor. When Dennis got his audience with Seabrook’s chairman of the board soon afterward, they admitted that their technical people were in the audience for our show. We also heard from some inside connections that all the electric companies in New England held secret meetings about what to do about us.

Right about that time, Godzilla showed up, with our first friendly buyout offer:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#ten

I would have been an instant millionaire, but that was not our program. The local authorities were also sharpening their axes, looking to take us out:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#middlesex

Dennis wanted to groom me to be his protégé. I had some talent, but not like him. I don’t think that I ever met anybody more talented than Dennis. His package of talent, heart, and courage I have never seen in anybody else or even heard of it. Today, Dennis is the only person I know of who meets these qualifications:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#howmany

We knew that we were being targeted, but did not know where the attacks would come from. They began coming from inside, as people tried to sideline Dennis and steal the business, etc.

At one of our shows, the head of the DOE for New England attended and asked very politely how close we thought we were to delivering FE. When Dennis and I spoke at DOE hearings ten years later:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#yull

again, the DOE person was gracious and even enthusiastic, but they were not the people calling the shots.

About that time, a billionaire came to our hole-in-the-wall offices to sniff out the business opportunity, and we had a global-branded business test our heat pump, as a prelude to getting involved with us. Long story there, but it did not work out, to Dennis’s relief.

From working for free and offering to sleep on the floor, things changed fast, and those were the hardest days for my ego. That was when I had fleeting delusions of grandeur:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/conun.htm#grandeur

Anybody who plays at those levels of the FE game must address that issue. The advent of FE will be the biggest event in human history, by far, and the immensity of the situation can seduce the ego. It took me a few months to get over that, and being attacked by a former girlfriend and others only accelerated the process, and my stress symptoms from my LA days quickly came back in full blossom in the spring of 1987. I was back to drinking pretty heavily.

It was not my decision to move to Ventura in the summer of 1987, and I did not find out why we really moved there until I read it in one of Dennis’s books. That last place on Earth where I wanted to move was back to Southern California, but I was not calling the shots.

The Boston operation never really got off the ground, but within a couple of months after hitting Ventura, Dennis found the next rocket ship:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#ventura

and then they quickly lowered the boom on us, but Godzilla first made the legendary billion dollar offer for Dennis to go away:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#offer

A couple of months before Dennis got that offer, I began going into a general physical collapse, from some pretty relentless stress, as they rained the death blows at us. I eventually asked Dennis to buy out my shareholders. Because of those dynamics, I also did not know about Godzilla’s big offer until I heard Dennis talk about it in show in the summer of 1996, when he was flying high again. Dennis and I have never discussed that offer, other than to agree that taking a bribe like that was unthinkable. Selling out like that was the opposite of what we were all about.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th November 2012 at 11:49.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Elly (4th November 2012), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (4th November 2012), Limor Wolf (5th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (5th November 2012), sandy (5th November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 536 FirstFirst 1 22 72 112 122 132 172 222 536 LastLast