Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #2741
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,685 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

As Sandy said, that was beautiful and brilliant, young man. I could spend a day or two replying to that one, but briefly…

I keep stressing a comprehensive perspective, and posts like Ilie’s show me that what I am going to attempt might actually bear some fruit. But a comprehensive perspective is truly comprehensive, it embraces the obvious and the subtle, the scientific and the spiritual, the political and the historical, the rational and the intuitive, the no-nonsense horse sense of the scientist and the vision of the artist, and it must begin in the heart. As my readers know, I grew up in an inventor’s workshop, and my initial orientation to the energy issue was technical:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hop#post469741

and then it was the businessman’s perspective, and then it was having global political really jammed down my throat and watching almost nobody make the grade, as they failed their integrity tests:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy1.htm#burn

and all the while I was on a spiritual odyssey, with a voice in my head guiding my life’s biggest decisions:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#voice2

and gradually a perspective dawned on me that I did not know was called comprehensive, but only discovered it after reading Fuller’s work:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/roots.htm#fuller

Yes, Ilie, energy funds complexity and higher levels of thought. The brain is an energy hog, and research has confirmed that when people are in fear, especially chronically, their frontal lobes actually shrink.

At an NEM meeting, as people were talking about the ZPF, I said, “Where do you think that energy comes from?” IMO, the ZPF field is divine in nature, and if our hearts are not in the right place, we are not going to successfully tap it as a civilization, and I mean it in practical and mystical ways – because they are conjoined.

There are multiple dimensions of the FE conundrum, and it really has to do with love and fear, and becoming truly sentient. Love and FE are joined at the hip, and this has very practical and mystical aspects of it, and people who obsess on one facet of it, such as thinking that the tinkerer in his garage has a prayer, or that all we have to do is meditate and our problems are solved, or that we just need a bunch of money, suffer from tunnel vision that is going to fall short of seeing the big picture.

Seth said that at the atomic level there are little black holes and white holes, with energy entering and leaving this dimension continually. I thought that that was tantalizingly close to describing the electron, which seems to appear and disappear, being in more than one place at once, etc. Is energy only transformed, never destroyed, or is it being continually created by some Creator? I believe that love is the energy of creation, and I suspect that it is truly infinite, although it sure does not seem that way on Earth.

Again, I rarely do it, but I am going to do a little quote, and this is from Homer-Dixon’s The Upside of Down. For a white science kind of guy, he understands a lot about the energy issue, and in a section about the Roman Empire’s thermodynamics, he wrote this:

“We readily agree that energy is vital, but it’s harder to grasp its role in our affairs. When we think of energy, we usually think of the gasoline that fuels our cars, the electricity that lights our homes, and maybe the natural gas and coal that we burn in our power plants. In other words, we think of energy as fuel, and we tend to think that it’s useful because of the immediate service that this fuel provides – services like transport, light, and heat.

"Of course, these are critical services, but energy’s role in our lives is actually much more fundamental, essential, and subtle. We extract energy from our environment to create order out of disorder and complexity out of simplicity. We often use this order and complexity, in turn, to help us solve problems we face – for instance, to shelter ourselves from harsh environments and to protect ourselves from attack. Put simply, societies with access to lots of energy are generally more adaptive, resilient, and better at solving problems.”

Time for bed.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 15th March 2013 at 06:30.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (15th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Chris Gilbert (16th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (15th March 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd March 2013), sandy (15th March 2013), Tane Mahuta (16th March 2013), write4change (16th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2742
    Thanks

Hi:

OK, to continue with the rise of Europe. Anthropological studies have shown that wherever agriculture appeared, civilization came soon behind it. Also, agriculture and cities appeared everywhere on the planet that they were going to appear before European contact, independently, within a few thousand year period. Agriculture began in Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Western Hemisphere between 10K and 7K years ago, with the Fertile Crescent the first place where agriculture appeared. From 2K to 5K years later, cities appeared, wherever agriculture appeared. The defining characteristic of cities is the development of professions, and cities, it should be fairly obvious, are an invention of humanity. Cities were always dependent on an agricultural hinterland for their food (AKA primary energy), and low-energy transportation lanes were required for cities to form, and the transportation lane, combined with the hinterland that could be exploited, defined how large cities could become. By far, the best ancient transportation lanes were on water, either lakes or rivers, or in the case of the Mediterranean, a relatively placid sea. Transportation via waterway took only about 1% of the energy that transportation via land did, with water’s low friction (energy wasted to get useful work). It also took far less time and overcame what is called “the tyranny of distance” in transporting goods to cities, particularly perishable food.

The greatest city on Earth in Old World antiquity was Rome, and it was able to exploit the Mediterranean’s entire periphery, with fleets shipping food, wood, and slaves into its maw. Rome was the world’s largest parasite. In the New World, its greatest pre-Columbian city, Tenochtitlán, was similarly situated in the midst of a great lake, and was able to exploit its periphery.

Cities have always been attractive to those living in the rural hinterland, for several reasons. There was the “bright lights” effect, but there was also a pushing effect, where the “surplus population” that peasant life produced left for a better life. Cities allowed for quick communication of ideas and information (writing probably could not have been invented in a rural environment), social opportunities not available in rural life, and entertainment and amenities that rural life could also not provide. For the same reasons that cities were energy concentrating devices, they also became wealth-concentrating devices, and cities are where elites appeared, along with pronounced social hierarchies. Slavery is an artifact of civilization. The elites became elites because they could, not because they performed a valuable economic function. Elites are largely an urban phenomenon and have always been a kind of parasite on the body politic, but they were able to exploit scarcity to their benefit, and they invented or commandeered the day’s ideologies to their benefit, making royalty “divine” and justifying their palaces, bejeweled crowns, and harems, and the people played along.

Cities were always death traps, until the twentieth century, with life expectancy shorter in the cities than in the hinterland, sometimes dramatically so. But the attractions of cities, and the push of the surplus population from the hinterlands (large families were the peasant’s road to wealth), kept the flow of people and energy going to the urban centers.

As I have written plenty, cities have never really been sustainable, partly because agriculture has never really been sustainable. Only by making the time-frame small enough can the case be made for sustainable agriculture. Agriculture wrecks natural processes, imposing artificial environments onto nature. Can we really improve on nature? We can certainly make nature serve humanity, which is what the Domestication Revolution was all about, but was it really an improvement on nature? Do we care if we improve on nature? Is it even desirable? As long as we need to eat, the issue of nature and civilization will be controversial (at least until we master FE). Humans have been altering Earth’s ecosystems ever since our ancestors learned to control fire, perhaps two million years ago:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#cooking

and the first thing that humans did when they spread across the planet with their advanced toolset and social organization was drive all the easy meat to extinction:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn5

The Domestication Revolution is currently thought to have been initiated due to Malthusian population pressures, after humanity burned through its primary energy supply. Humans have been burning through their primary energy supply ever since, whether it was forests and the soils that were briefly “liberated” by deforestation, or today’s fossil fuels.

About the only agriculture that has been relatively sustainable has been tree-based, such as olives. The Amazon rainforest appears to be the remnant of Earth’s largest orchard:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#amazon

It was sustainable for humans, but not for the plants and animals that used to live there. The milpa system:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milpa

has been sustainable, but only because it lets the land recover between crops. That is not really very sustainable, and is a far cry from abundance. An argument for improvement on nature can be made for the terra preta soils found in the Amazon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

but they were always made human-friendly at the expense of the local plants and animals. Humans have merely been a disruptive species, in the large view. It perhaps was not always that way for all peoples, but it sure seems that way. Hunter-gatherer men always fought each other in territorial disputes (protecting their energy supply), with about a quarter of all hunter-gatherer men dying violently. And violence and warfare only escalated in its scale since then, with soldiers being one of the first professions, along with prostitutes and farmers.

As I have written before, the Western Hemisphere was “behind” the Old World in its development. One reason was the lack of draft animals. But New World crops such as maize, potatoes, manioc, and other crops such as sweet potatoes, were highly superior to Old World crops, as far as their energy efficiency went. Potatoes were several times as energy efficient as wheat, and when a place such as Ireland adopted the potato as its staple crop, its population exploded. Northern China and Africa had similar population increases after New World crops were introduced.

I have to run off to work soon, but, in brief, just as the spread of humans meant the extinction of the megafauna, and the spread of domestication was disastrous for most species in the human vicinity, except those species raised for human consumption, the rise of Europe and its conquest of the world was a disaster for all the peoples it conquered, with the political-economic systems commandeered for European benefit. Just as domesticated animals may have had “good lives” at least until they were slaughtered, while all other animals suffered, some local peoples who proved useful to the Europeans found their lot in life “improved” as they helped exploit their neighbors for European benefit. That was a universal dynamic, wherever Europeans appeared. The longest holdouts to European domination were China and Japan, as they knew the empire game and refused to let Europeans intrude, at least until they could no longer resist them.

The rise of Europe was a disaster for the world’s peoples, and its dynamics are still felt today. In coming posts, I am going to explore the domestic situation in Europe, and how its encounters and conquest of the world’s peoples happened, and what the resultant political-economic dynamics were, with an inertia that is still with us, and is the primary reason why the so-called Third World is such a disaster today, with huge, shanty-town cities in Third World nations. On balance, the city may not be such a great invention. With FE, the primary reasons for cities to exist virtually disappear, and that does not mean that humanity becomes a bunch of rubes, but that a true symbiosis with nature becomes possible, along with a standard of living that leaps up a few orders of magnitude for all peoples, and that is just for starters.

Again, I don’t consider Michael Roads’s accounts of future Earths to be fantasy:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/visions.htm#roads

I know immensely accomplished mystics who have visited similar realities and come back with valuable information and even inventions. I have long used that loving reality that Roads visited as one of the stars that I steer by (but I encountered his account long after my initial FE days, so the revelations that attended discovering his account was more like, “Ah, somebody did it”), and have long pondered the dynamics that resulted in the civilization that Roads visited, and two primary upshots were that they mastered love and energy, which also led to their high sentience, and they all reinforced each other. The primary difference between that one and the hellish world that Roads visited was that the other one was based on scarcity and fear, with everybody out to exploit everybody else, and in that reality, everybody was a loser, even those at the apex of the food chain, feasting on human fear.

This weekend, I will be able to make some quality posts, and will likely be able to do so in the coming next two weeks, before my work hurricane heats up again, but in May I begin my labors on that essay, and 2013 will see me finish it. For better or worse, it will likely be regarded as my magnum opus, and I need to raise my game to produce what I envision, and we will see how it goes.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th March 2013 at 03:46.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Chris Gilbert (16th March 2013), Eram (16th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (15th March 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd March 2013), Ol' Roy (18th March 2013), sandy (15th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (16th March 2013), write4change (16th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #2743
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier
    and two primary upshots were that they mastered love and energy, which also led to their high sentience
    I still struggle with what leads to what . They seem to take the lead alternatively and as you said next: "reinforce each other".

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), kudzy (16th March 2013), sandy (16th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #2744
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Wow Wade.. this may sound cheesy
    but inspite of that clear and present danger.. as a newcomer here I want to thank you from the breadth/depth of my personal evolution in self sovereignty thus far, for your unquestionable ability to encircle, yet expand my orbit of gnost..
    You and your material are a much needed and welcome source..

Halleleujah that you are here

H.
    Last edited by Hazel; 16th March 2013 at 08:52.

8. Link to Post #2745
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

Well Wade, I finally finished your last two months of posting. I do that periodically when this site upsets me, I come here to remember why it was so important to me in the beginning and what it has to offer for serious seekers. Ironically, I read some posters who said they could not understand why they were dreaming about 9eagle9 and modwiz and that night I had a dream about you. LOL You were urging me to pack up and move already. Since I had just recently done that, I found it strange but I discount nothing and it was very real feeling.

I have enjoyed your encapsulation of the history of the world viewed thru the terms of energy use. I think about it. since moving to Texas again the energy issue is ever before me and the ridiculous choices we make leading to massive waste of just about everything. I need to do some more thinking but there maybe a need for a serious look at the energy of corruption.

I am past hallelujah but I remain pleased that you remain persistant and present.
    Last edited by write4change; 16th March 2013 at 14:34.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), kudzy (16th March 2013), sandy (16th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013)

10. Link to Post #2746
    Thanks

Hi Recap1:

Welcome to this thread.

Hi Ilie:

Your post is a little synchronistic, as usual, because I got up to make a post on what I am doing and why, and your question kind of lies at the crux of it.

Those people did not stumble into that heavenly world:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/visions.htm#roads1

They made it that way. As Roads’s mentor said, they did it because they chose love. The people with my greatest respect have/had loving hearts. They were usually men, and men aren’t encouraged to say that love motivates them, but their actions spoke louder than their words:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paths.htm#scouts

Dennis is as talented as I have ever seen or heard of, but if his great heart was not leading his efforts, he would not have gotten anywhere. Brian O was a great man of conscience, and following your conscience in this world is not easy, but it begins in the heart. The hells of the astral plane are filled with “smart” beings:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/spirit.htm#hell

That hellish world that Roads visited was also filled with “clever” beings, but their motivation was entirely self-serving:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/visions.htm#roadsblade

Their spirit vision was dead, and nature spirits completely abandoned that reality. It is a valid path of learning:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/spirit.htm#serving

but I prefer something else, and am trying to help educate and empower people who want to help make that heavenly world manifest, or one a lot like it. We can begin to move in that direction today, and it begins in the heart, but there is the matter of our heads. Those people were not Level 19s:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#level19

but still needed to eat, and they formed a perfect partnership with nature, one that I think most people dismiss as fantasy, but I don’t. And you can’t make a world like that without mastering the energy issue, and their world ran on FE. Abundance can’t happen without energy abundance, and here is where I come in with what I will be attempting. I am going to be trying to help as many as I can reach as comprehensive an awareness as possible, but energy will be the centerpiece of it. If a person develops a comprehensive awareness, energy will necessarily be the center of it. That quote that I just made of Homer-Dixon is apropos:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post648832

Also, when people choose love, then the power of creation is theirs. That is why I keep stressing that love and FE and joined at the hip, and they are joined in both mystical and practical ways. Those who see the issue in purely scientific-technical terms are missing the big picture, as are those who come from the New Agey perspective that you can find in movies like The Secret:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/purpose.htm#newage

The mystical dudes are rarely practical, and I regularly see them abuse their abilities and calling, milking the herd and building their harems:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/opinions.htm#mystical

“Choosing love” is another way of saying, “acting with integrity,” and I know that very few people on the planet today do so, and that is something that I learned the hard way:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#why

I have known since the 1980s that I am looking for needles in haystacks, and the past twenty-plus years have only reinforced that position, and I realize that those needles are even far rarer than I once supposed. As I and my fellow travelers tried to get people to just think about FE, it was incredible how deeply-entrenched their denial was, and from people who you would think would be natural allies, such as environmentalists:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ist#post646730

of the free software movement:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/freesoft.htm

or the radical left:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/radleft.htm

or the Peak Oilers:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/hooked.htm#introduction

and so on. There is no group on Earth that is really “at home” on the FE issue, and everybody who has played this game eventually found out. The process was so dismaying that people such as Brian O openly wondered if humanity was a sentient species:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/brianmem.htm#sentience

It was only after encountering Bucky’s work:

that I realized that what I was doing was being a comprehensivist, and encountering Bucky helped crystallize the paradigm that I had been groping after for many years, and at about the same time, it finally dawned on me that what people like Brian and I were encountering was a general addiction to scarcity:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/hooked.htm#misinformation

or perhaps more accurately, people had spent their entire lifetimes adapting to scarcity, and the idea of abundance completely unmoored them. They were truly afraid of abundance, as it was completely outside of not only their experience, but they did not even dare to imagine it, and would flee from the implications. But abundance is how Heaven on Earth will happen, so those people were choosing hell over heaven, or whatever you want to call humanity’s sled ride to oblivion that we are on today. I think, however, that it is largely because they truly have no idea what heaven will look like, and can’t believe that it can exist in physical reality. And I know that the only way that they are going to even imagine that it can be that way is if they can see it with their own eyes, similar to the Doubting Thomas dynamic. Machiavelli was right:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#machiavelli

And when I realized that, I also realized that trying to talk people into thinking about FE and heaven on Earth was not going to work. At the same time that I was figuring that out, I allowed Brian O to recruit me into helping found NEM:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/brianmem.htm#nem

and that experience only further reinforced my lesson. FE newbies constantly try to proselytize their friends, family, and colleagues on “the message,” but it is a huge waste of time, and dangerous. The world will only begin to wake up to FE and abundance when they can see it demonstrated, and have no doubt about it, demonstrating it is my goal, but lone ranger garage tinkerers and the like do not have a prayer, for several reasons. The day that an inventor with the goods gives it to a worthy group to take it forward, then it might go somewhere. Until then, it is all newbie foolishness, and potentially deadly foolishness. I have played the fool myself, so I am speaking from way too much experience in these areas. I am about the only person on the FE world stage today who actually has experience in going through the FE meat grinder, and if you can survive the experience, that education is second-to-none.

So, my perspective was developed from nearly forty years in this realm, and I realized not only that energy runs the show and Godzilla has had FE in his hip pocket for probably longer than I have been alive:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/camelot.htm#underground

but almost everybody on Earth has absolutely no idea how the land lies. And I don’t mean that Godzilla exists and is vigilant, but they don’t understand how energy runs the world and what the potential of FE is. That is the problem, not Godzilla. For the past ten years, my goal has been to just make FE thinkable:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/scarcity.htm

Making it thinkable is Square One. There is one heck of a lot more to it than that, but it is a start. And the FE issue brings up all sorts of crazy responses. Again, this is the biggest issue on Earth, by far, and you will see a million flavors of denial, or half-cocked newbie suggestions about running out and “doing something,” or newbies like Foster and friends seeming to compete with each other on repeating lies about Dennis:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post634069

Again, almost nobody has the right stuff today. I am looking for needles in haystacks, and my search has not yet really begun. But first, I need to hone my calling card, which my upcoming essay is intended to do. This is my life’s work, the world rides on the energy issue outcome, and humanity’s fate may well be decided within my lifetime, so I am feeling quite a bit of pressure to make it my best effort. I also know that Godzilla is watching, so I am trying to go about this in a way that is not overly vulnerable to his antics, and you can even see people at Avalon doing his bidding (likely unwittingly; they are just protecting their scarcity-based perspectives) where I am concerned. It is far, far worse in truly “public” forums. The trolls come running wherever I appear in public:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/critics.htm#troll

Avalon has been a welcome “distraction” for me. I was not planning on engaging the public until I saw that Bill came to the same conclusion that I did: all-comers forums with anonymous participants are troll-havens, and productive discussions about issues like mine are impossible to have in those settings.

When I get that essay published and begin my efforts, it will be in an invitation-only setting, with real people, not ones hiding behind pseudonyms. This effort is not going to work with anonymous participants, and not just for the other participants, but those around the world who will be watching. But at the beginning, that will be fine, because the “jobs” of the people I am looking for is to do their homework, and they do not need to do that in the public eye or really even be involved in the conversation. They will be spectators at first, and after doing a lot of homework in developing a truly comprehensive perspective:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#developing

they may have something useful to contribute. This will not be an elite effort, unless achieving heart-centered sentience can be called elite. The only price of admission is acting from the heart and doing the work. Anybody on the planet can do it, but today, less than 0.001% of the population will, and that is OK, because I think that I don’t even need to find that many. High sentience has never been experienced on this planet before, except for stray voices here and there. There has never been a choir before.

What Ilie has been doing these past two years plus is exactly what I have been looking for. I mention a book, and he gets it and reads it, and has insightful things to say after reading it. I mention key experiences in my development (the non-life-threatening ones ), and Ilie chases after them. And his posts are rarely short of brilliant:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post648630

As I have stated repeatedly, his efforts have been the gold standard of what I am looking for, and it gives me hope that what I am about to attempt is not some Peter Pan fantasy, but something that may make a dent.

Time for chores on this busy weekend.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th March 2013 at 16:33.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Elly (18th March 2013), Hazel (16th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (16th March 2013), sandy (16th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (17th March 2013)

12. Link to Post #2747
    Thanks

Hi Write4Change:

Over the years, people have said that I was in their dreams, or they saw an apparition that they thought was me, and so on. Well, if it was me, this earthly personality sure does not know anything about it!

Good luck in your adventures. Like California, Florida, New York, and Washington D.C., Texas is a “Heart-of-Darkness” state, and the evil runs deep there, and, obviously, the energy issue is more central there than it is in most other places.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th March 2013 at 16:40.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), sandy (16th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), write4change (17th March 2013)

14. Link to Post #2748
    Thanks

Hi:

A number of related events came up recently, and I need to make my strategy clear. Just as I have said that Ilie is the gold standard of what I am looking for, he does not need to leave Romania to do the work or join the choir. I am trying to take advantage of a new technology to increase my ability to reach people and interact with them, but there are no conferences or talk circuits in my plans. Those are not only useless, but are death traps in this field. The military tried to kill Brian O after he mounted a conference on the UFO issue, and when Mallove was murdered a few days after we lined him up to be our first speaker:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/brianmem.htm#portland

Brian began planning his move to South America immediately afterward, and moved to South America within days after that conference ended, and I did not blame him. Dennis put on the biggest FE gathering in world history:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/dennis.htm#philly

and in the end, it was a completely useless undertaking, and Godzilla merely raised his game to a new level with us:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/other.htm#sting

The CIA's and Godzilla’s agents were probably swarming at our NEM conference.

When Dennis put on his biggest FE show up to that time, Mr. Deputy was in the audience, and was readying his search warrant the next day:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#mr

I will never be part of a conference again, not unless a true choir of several thousand forms and I am not necessary for its survival. Those who need to press the flesh to begin to understand this stuff are not in my target audience. If I have to travel for people to begin to get the message, then I will be risking my life, and I have had enough of that in this lifetime. I am meeting my target audience way more than half way. Those whom I am looking for are like Ilie, plain and simple.

When I see FE conferences getting mounted (by people that I already know do not have the right stuff, or are newbies), or medical guys doing the chicken salad circuit, speaking at New Age expos and the like, all I can think is, “Lambs to the slaughter.” What I am attempting is not suitable to the usual ways that people try to go about things. FE will be the biggest event in human history, and the old skins will not hold the new wine.

Time for chores.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th March 2013 at 17:45.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), Chris Gilbert (17th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), sandy (16th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (17th March 2013)

16. Link to Post #2749
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Dear Wade sending my love and courage to you and your family.

17. Link to Post #2750
    Thanks

Hi:

Once in a while, I read my work on the Internet, usually when it is reproduced somewhere besides on my site, and I get to approach it like other readers do. Sometimes I read it and am not immediately sure that I wrote it, and other times my reactions are, “Not bad,” or “That needs more work!” I had occasion yesterday, for one of the only times that I have done it, to read most of the last month of my posts on this thread, and I am sympathetic to my readers. Not so much because it often repeats itself, but because it is dense, complex, lengthy material. It can’t be easy to read. I am the author, and I kind of felt overwhelmed reading it all. I apologize to readers who feel bored by the repetition or daunted by its length, but they probably stopped reading a while back. For those who dutifully plowed through it, it can’t be easy reading, especially if they take the links. There is one heck of a lot there, and it can be very challenging, emotionally and conceptually. But the goal is to help develop a comprehensive perspective on these issues, and if people do the work, I think they can get there. Ilie said the repletion was helpful. Maybe it is, but some already arrived there, and the repetition is unnecessary.

My upcoming essay is going to be very dense and challenging, and there will not be much repetition in it, but its themes will be very familiar to readers of this thread since July. This thread since July, although it meandered, usually in response to reader posts, has been sketching the theme of my upcoming essay. There will certainly be new material in the essay, and new insights, but the basic theme has been sketched on this thread (I am not through yet, and what is ahead on this thread might be more interesting to readers than what I have already written, as it will deal with the modern world). In May, I will likely update my summary of this thread:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/public.htm#avalon

and a section will be devoted to the summary of this thread since July. I think that when I write that essay, that I will be referring to that summary as an outline of what I will be writing.

I have a busy day of chores ahead of me, and we will see if I find time for another post today.

Best,

Wade

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Elly (18th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), Ol' Roy (18th March 2013), sandy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #2751
    Thanks

Hi:

As usual, I have been working far too hard lately. This kid is getting worn out. Yesterday, I had a nice, long talk with Mr. Professor’s widow. His involvement in my adventures wrecked and shortened his life:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#journey

and he went to his grave happy that he could help. I find myself thinking a lot of Brian O these days, and how his life was another sacrifice to the cause, his life shortened by running afoul of the evil-minded people who run things:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/brianmem.htm#attack

He died happy. I think of Dennis’s journey, which I still find hard to believe at times, and I was there for the darkest chapters of it. The blood of the saints soaks the soil of this milieu. As I think what I have been through and what I am trying to do, the gravity of it impresses itself on me sometimes, as I grow old. This is what I spent my life on. It was certainly no path to anything resembling worldly success, but it has been a path that I somehow survived. As I can see the end of my life on Earth coming before too many more years pass, the price of my path sometimes makes me think.

Are we really worth it, as a species? Should I take up drinking again and just try to eke out my last days, hoping that I meet my maker before it really hits the fan on this planet? There are days when I wonder. But the questions don’t last long. I know that I poured my life into doing this, while the masses are completely oblivious, praying for their lottery numbers to come up while they punch the clock. I will soon be taking the last break of my career, to spend most of it shining up my calling card, the card that might just cost me my life. Sometimes I wonder about my sanity, doing this. All the millions that I passed up, all the life’s experiences that my peers take for granted that I will never know, such as having a family. That voice in my head has a lot to answer for. But, if I had it to do over, would I do it again? I think so. But would I recommend that path to anybody else? No way, not unless people want to throw their lives away on what can sure seem like lost causes.

There are only so many years in a lifetime, and only so many hours in a day, and I have spent my most productive ones on this gig. Some days, as I survey the carnage of those who have trod the path and what it has cost me and those around me, it can be very sobering. But the biggest event in human history is not going to be easy to accomplish. The hero’s route to FE does not appear to be a viable path. Can the singer’s route make a dent? As I think about that question, it seems a little crazy that I have essentially devoted the last 25 years of my life to finding out. I doubt that I have it in me to stop now. As with Mr. Professor, as with Brian, and as I am sure will be the case with Dennis, I will be doing something in this realm until I take my final breath. It is just what I do, but today is one of those days when I sit back and really wonder what the heck I think I am doing. The feeling will likely pass by the morning, as I get into high gear once again, make more big posts here, keep my nose buried in tomes, and so on.

Best,

Wade

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Chris Gilbert (18th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (18th March 2013), Elly (18th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), Ol' Roy (18th March 2013), sandy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #2752
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Hi Wade,

You sound very tired my brother and rightfully so. Burning the candle at both ends is something you do well but it does shorten your wick :-) Please take care to nurture your own heart often as we both know that there is not a big line up of others to do that for us even if they recognize we need support. So many are running on empty and don't even know it and IMO that is why they have nothing to give. It is not only oil, etc that has peaked, but I think that all energy has peaked on this planet in all ways.

Tax season is here and I'm sure your employer will be expecting greater output than your 110% energy expenditure already thus slow down is my caution. We are not going anywhere or at least I'm not and can wait while you also nurture and rekindle your life energy and spirit first and foremost.

Thank you for your honesty and for venting your exasperation with the way reality is and for trusting us to know that you need to do this as much as anyone here and maybe even more.

P.S. I love being 65 and being out of the work force................65 is only a number and I may look it but I sure don't feel it but then I have been accused of being immature at times Growing older without the worry of work and all the social structures has created the best years of my life and I predict your senior years will be the same~~~

Truly take care of yourself, get more sleep as it is the best healer of all that ails a person and it is true when they say there is nothing better than a good nights sleep. May angels sleep on your pillows tonight>>>Blessings and Love
    Last edited by sandy; 18th March 2013 at 05:10.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Elly (18th March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), Ol' Roy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #2753
    Thanks

Hi:

Ah, I knew you would try to cheer me up, Sandy, my darling. Oh, I am definitely worn out, hence my upcoming sabbatical. I am not a tax accountant, but it is still the busiest time of the year, with the 10-K, proxy, and the rest of that corporate fun.

But that was more of a, “What am I doing?“ post, which drove home some more while talking with Mr. Professor’s widow. I asked for family news, and she did not want to tell me, warning me that it was not good, as her family still suffers from my days with Dennis. Vengeance still seems to be taken on her family for Mr. Professor’s standing up to the gangsters. If it is not active vengeance, it is the lingering effects of them, all these years later. People still live in fear in Ventura. My days with Dennis comprise the gift that keeps on giving. I still have people around me who think of Ventura in terms of home, and like moths to the candle, they keep going back, running into authorities and raining grief into my life. I tell them to not admit that they know me. They tell me how “bitching” Ventura is, and my reply is, “If you stay out of jail, I suppose so.”

I clearly recall thinking in the fall of 1987 what the air strike on us might look like. I actually cautioned people that I hired that we might not be in business in six months. We outlasted that estimate by maybe a month or two.

What I did not know was that I would still be feeling the reverberations 25 years later, that I would still see people living in fear, and still suffering. That was the surprise. The attacks on friends and family have been extremely painful, but what was more dismaying were the attacks coming from my friends and family, attacks that happened as late as last year. You could not have convinced me of that thirty years ago.

I still hear from people, with some regularity, who want to “do something” about this FE stuff, and my best advice is, “Don’t involve your family, friends, and co-workers in it.” The world will only wake up to FE and abundance when it can be demonstrated to them. Otherwise, they will remain fast asleep. Can I find enough needles? Will I get taken out before I can find out? By those around me, while Godzilla does not even need to lift a claw, once again? We will see.

Just this morning, I was once again reading about our imperial adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan:

http://news.yahoo.com/decade-most-cr...110806443.html

http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...fghanistan.pdf

The very way that the questions are framed emphasizes our imperial egocentrism, but I suppose is expected, given that it came from the mainstream media. What I found surreal was them putting up numbers that suggested that the people of Iraq were rather narrowly against the invasion, with only a little over half not cheering the invasion. Mind-boggling. The Iraqi people are not that stupid. Only the stupidest Iraqis think that helping Iraq was the motivation behind our invasion:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...817/17iraq.htm

and they all had to have come from the oppressed minorities like the Kurds, but that had to be the Kurds with zero sense of history. We have sold them out a few times before:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#kurds

and will do so again, when they stop becoming useful. My coming posts are intended to deal with Europe’s conquest of the world and the colonial era. That era is far from over. I wonder if when the British invaded alongside the Americans, in both Iraq and Afghanistan, whether they held up banners that said, “We’re baaaack!” Those poor people in that part of the world have been imperial punching bags for a long time, and when oil became so central to the industrialized world, their fate was sealed, it seems.

Time for a little shut-eye.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 18th March 2013 at 15:23.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Chris Gilbert (18th March 2013), Elly (18th March 2013), EsmaEverheart (18th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (18th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), sandy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

25. Link to Post #2754
    Thanks

Hi:

I only have a little time this morning. Lately, I have been reading about colonialism and capitalism, from an economist’s perspective. As I will make clear in my upcoming essay, I see three levels of economics. One is concerned with money and who gets it. That is called the financial economy, and it is only accounting and not real. But when the masses think of economics, that is what they almost always think of. Money, taxes, banking, Wall Street, etc., is all about the financial economy. It is not only not real, no real solutions will come from there. It is almost all about the exchange aspect of economics, and no answers will come from that level, not in a world of scarcity. The financial economy is what I call the egocentric level, where everybody is trying to get theirs. Capitalists tend to think at this level of the game.

I have written plenty on this thread of that brand of economics, and how little respect scientists have for professional economists, especially those who boil everything down to money. At best, that exercise is full of simplifying assumptions that disconnect the subsequent analyses from reality, and I have written about it plenty already:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...sts#post514540

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post494211

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post643684

The next level is the real economy. It is about real measures of human economic activity and welfare, such as bushels of grain, barrels of oil, life expectancy, people per household, time and amount of transport, cars produced, and so on. It is involved with real world measures, and real-world economists realize that money is a very imperfect measure of economic activity, and most real-world economic analyses does not deal much with the financial economy. I call it the anthropocentric economy, as it is solely concerned with human welfare. Communists tended to think at this level of the game, but they have focused almost entirely on social organization, when that is also not where the real action is. The real action is energy – where it comes from, how we get it, what we use it for. Social organization is usually a mere byproduct.

The next level, and the level that I am going to try to get my readers thinking in terms of, looks at the entire planet and accounts for the wellbeing of all life, not just human life. It does not just measure how many tons of ore were mined or how many barrels of oil were burned, but what the impact of that was on both humanity and the species that we share the planet with. Species abuse and extinctions come into those economic equations, as does human abuse and extinctions, which even the communists tended to ignore in their ideological approach. Scientists tend to think at this level, although because we all need to eat, they too can have their awareness trapped by the prevailing political-economic paradigm. The Soviet Union spawned many Marxist scientists, to dubious effect. The West has capitalist scientists, to often evil effect, such as how fluoride became “medicine,”

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/fluoride.htm#compulsory

how the AMA promoted cigarettes:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#cigarettes

and the many rackets that we have in “medicine” today:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#lessons

What all of those efforts have in common is that they are mounted under the rubric of scarcity, and it becomes a kind of zero-sum-game, where abuse is justified as being necessary to reach a goal, like that famous quote from Robespierre, where you have to break eggs to make an omelette, which was repeated with gusto by Darwin, Lenin, Stalin, Condoleezza Rice, and others over the years. It is a quote that the egg-breakers make.

I have been reading Paul Bairoch’s work lately:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bairoch

and while he was always careful to state the limits of his economic analyses, I think that they were too limited. For instance, he makes the case that colonialism and the Industrial Revolution was not a causal connection, and that the West did not really industrialize on the back of the Third World, but that its exploitation only came much later. One part of his analysis I agree with, in that the awesome sufferings endured by the world under Europe’s boot did not immediately result in huge amounts of goods making their way to Europe, but he was almost completely silent on the primary upshot of the colonial era: stealing three continents from the inhabitants, as they were removed by genocidal activities. The Western Hemisphere was the richest material “find” in world history. Without an entire hemisphere (including Australia) to steal and plunder, Europe’s economic experience would have been a very different one. The New World was a huge safety valve to get rid of Europe’s “surplus population,” and there is no telling what would have happened to Europe without it. That stolen land also led to history’s richest and most powerful nation.

The economic effects of those events were covered lightly, barely at all, by Bairoch, but I will cover them soon, in more depth than I have so far.

Time for work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 19th March 2013 at 05:43.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (19th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), sandy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #2755
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I'd like to think that Wade's Choir just got a boost. If part of the Choir's job is to sing that free energy exists everywhere (and not be tuned-out by skeptics), then it seems like very good news that the nano-brains at CERN have announced the "God Particle" because - critically for free energy advocates - the underlying message is that there is a pervasive, invisible energy field everywhere in the universe.

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    Quote Posted by Owen K Waters (article)
    The past few days have seen an exciting announcement from the world of science. The existence of the God particle has been confirmed by the CERN particle physics laboratory in Switzerland.

The God particle, known in scientific circles as the Higgs boson, depends upon the existence of a “Higgs field.” The Higgs field permeates all of space and gives particles their property of mass. This resurrects the idea of the “aether” as a universal field.

The aether concept went out of fashion a century ago and sent physics into a cul-de-sac from which it can now escape. The recognition of the most fundamental field in the universe re-opens the doorway to the much-coveted idea of a Unified Field theory that will explain all fundamental forces.

The popular science press reports the discovery of the Higgs particle as one of the most important scientific advances of the past 100 years, proving that there is an invisible energy field that pervades the vacuum of the known universe and gives mass to the smallest building blocks of matter. Without this field, they deduce, there would be no planets, stars, or life as we know it.

In a previous article, I proposed that the all-pervasive aether or Higgs field be called the “God field.” Let’s face it, if a Nobel Prize in Physics recipient can call the Higgs boson the God Particle, then we can call the Higgs field the God Field! The important thing is that the aether, the fabric of space, is once again being recognized and this recognition will remove the blockage that was holding back our understanding of the laws of the universe...

by Owen K Waters
    (emphasis mine)

What say you, Wade? Is this not helpful to the choir: to be able to assert that free energy exists everywhere, and that with that question out of the way, it is time to "discover" how to extract that energy.

Dennis

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), kudzy (19th March 2013), sandy (18th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

29. Link to Post #2756
    Thanks

Hi Dennis, old buddy:

Einstein himself argued for the need for an ether, which was an upshot to his general theory of relativity:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post488963

Yes, the Higgs Boson may well make the ether fashionable again:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ggs#post583020

There is plenty of theory out there on this subject. The main point that I make is that there is not really any such thing as empty space, and my readers really do not need to know much more than that. And whether we want to call the ZPF etherons (LaViolette), orgone (Reich), or any one of the thirty names that Jeane Manning has collected:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post636893

I get wary of hanging my hat on any theory. Rife’s and Naessens’s scopes defy orthodox optical theory, and Brown’s Gas’s transmutational properties defy conventional physics. I know that a great deal of energy technology has been buried, and plenty was FE. All the theory in the world pales beside what my friend was shown:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/camelot.htm#underground

or watching Sparky Sweet’s device in action:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/brianmem.htm#sweet

There will be some scientific stuff related to energy in the choir’s hymnal, but it is too easy to get sucked down the theoretical rabbit holes that big-talking theorists can dig. Most of it is invalid. If orthodox theory begins to embrace the possibility of the ZPF, that is all well and good, but is a tiny little baby step in the right direction. As long as White Science operates under the umbrella of “national security” and capitalist imperatives, it is not going anywhere, not on the FE front.

Going to bed now.

Best,

Wade

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Dennis Leahy (19th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (19th March 2013), Limor Wolf (24th March 2013), sandy (20th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013), write4change (19th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #2757
    Thanks

Hi:

As I have written, the ocean-going sailing ship was the greatest energy technology of all time, to that time, when Europe learned to sail the high seas, where a ship under sail could generate several hundred horsepower:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...wer#post591797

Portugal was the first out of the gate, and slaves, gold, and spices were their predilections. Also, coming from a land where total war was the game, they easily conquered the peoples they found. At Goa, the Portuguese invaders slaughtered several thousand defenders of the city:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...d_colonisation

and quickly set themselves up to control the spice trade:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#spice

The Spanish were next. Wrong-way Columbus was trying to find a different route to the spice trade and stumbled into the New World:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#azores

Magellan continued Spanish attempts to wrest the spice route from Portugal:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#_edn14

but the Portuguese spice concessions were left alone, even after Spain annexed Portugal:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#annex

The Reformation sparked numerous wars in Europe, with Catholic warring against Protestant, culminating in the Thirty Years’ War:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/war.htm#thirty

which was Europe’s bloodiest to that time. And science and technology was on the rise and, as usual, advances were put to military use. The nation with the best navy was going to win. The mast was the prime mover for a sailing ship, and tall, straight trees were coveted, and Britain’s Atlantic invasions were partly to secure wood for its fleets. When the English invaded Ireland, it quickly deforested Ireland to build its fleets. The invasion of New England was partly motivated to seize mast wood, which eventually contributed to the American Revolution:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...sts#post602338

As Fuller noted, technological advances were first used on ships, when having superior navies was important:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/roots.htm#ships

Huge scientific projects were undertaken, such as creating a way to measure longitude:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longitude#History

So, science, technology, warfare, and colonial exploitation were interacting dynamics that marked the rise of Europe, and nobody on Earth could resist the juggernaut. But it would be a mistake to think that Europeans were really all that smart, either. For hundreds of years, they ignored the numerous times that the peoples they were conquering cured their sailors of scurvy:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#scurvy

which led to the deaths of about a million sailors. Spain and Portugal had the imperial stage to themselves for a century, and the Spanish were primarily responsible for history’s greatest demographic catastrophe: the depopulation of a hemisphere:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/columbus.htm#genocide

and in the USA, we celebrate the man who initiated the carnage:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/columbus.htm#why

After 1600, the Dutch, English, and French joined the fray, with the Spanish and Portuguese quickly becoming imperial has-beens, mere shadows of their former imperial glory. First and foremost, it was superiority of violence that led the Europeans to prevail. Not only did they have the energy technology to move their violent men around the world, bent on plunder, but they all had militant ideologies, and racism began its steep ascent, to further reinforce their murderous activities.

Tropical diseases killed off the white people, so wherever the climate was suitable, the Europeans invaded and stayed, becoming “settlers,” such as North America, non-tropical South America, Australia, South Africa, and elsewhere. The last two significant places on Earth not dominated by Europe were China and Japan, and they stayed free by knowing how the empire game was played and did not allow Europeans into their lands. They eventually succumbed to the West, too, it taking two nuclear bombs to bring Japan to heel:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/war.htm#dropping

But I get ahead of myself a little. What really led to European ascendance was its ability to wrest more energy from the world. The toolset of the Europeans allowed them to quickly deforest North America’s Eastern Woodlands and put it to the plow, and they exterminated everything in their way, including Indians, bison, and the passenger pigeon:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#pigeon

At least until the soils were gone, European technology could wrest vastly more energy from the environment than the gentle ways of the Indians, supporting far higher populations. The so-called American Dream was based on genocide and plunder. The Great Plains have lost about half of their topsoil to American plow agriculture, in less than two centuries. A couple of years ago, I again visited my family’s homestead in southwestern Kansas:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#kansas

and agriculture is dying there, as they have drained the Ogallala Aquifer dry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallal...dwater_storage

It is a gentle preview for what may be just around the corner, with our unsustainable practices.
    Time for work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th March 2013 at 04:44.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Chris Gilbert (20th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (19th March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (20th March 2013), Limor Wolf (25th March 2013), sandy (20th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013)

33. Link to Post #2758
    Thanks

Hi:

As the tenth anniversary of our invasion of Iraq has arrived, various retrospectives have been published around the Internet. I saw this “radical” one yesterday:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...ed-past-decade

Even in the “radical” accounts, the death toll of the Iraqi people is not even mentioned:

https://sites.google.com/site/iraqih...e/polya-gideon

and if the Iraqi dead are even mentioned, the propaganda press says stuff like maybe as many as 100K Iraqis were killed:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=18759281

I wish they would not mention the numbers at all, if they are going to make obscene “estimates” like that. But even in the critical accounts, 100K seems to be the magic number that is now going down as the official estimate:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richar...b_2904285.html

The Iraq War Logs are not going to be anything close to comprehensive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_death_toll

The Lancet and ORB surveys were the only statistically valid ones, and have been predictably attacked in public, while privately, the Lancet survey was called “close to best practice” by a British expert when it came out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_...cial_reactions

What is it about Americans, where even the “radicals” cannot bring themselves to mention the awesome death toll that we inflicted on a nation that never did us any harm? Hitler had more excuse for invading Poland than we did for invading Iraq.

In Iraq, they “celebrated” the anniversary yesterday with a bunch of car bombings:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92I04Q20130319

Iraq won’t recover in a hundred years from what we did to them. Iraq once had the best medical system and the best educational system among the Arab nations, and it was the most secular Arab nation. It will probably never gain those distinctions again.

In 1911, the British navy changed from coal to oil:

http://www.epmag.com/archives/digitalOilField/5911.htm

and the fate of the Middle East was sealed. That is almost all that anybody really needs to know about all the strife in the Middle East for the past century. For somebody who has been writing about Iraq since 1991:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#jesus

I am just about out of words. What we did will eventually take its place next to Hitler’s and Stalin’s crimes, but what we have done to Iraq and Afghanistan is just more of the same in our imperial trajectory:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#toll1

Our imperial death toll since World War II is reaching 20 million people, and the suffering of countless millions, even billions. That is just what empires do. Everybody now admits that Karl Rove made that boast that we are an empire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality-based_community

It was nice to see somebody admit it in our halls of power. Of course, people like Rove will never swing from a Nuremburg noose alongside his buddy George W., because winners never have to submit to war crimes trials. Only losers do.

I have a little time this morning, to get back to the rise of Europe. To get a little Marx-ish, those imperial rivals in Western Europe all had slightly different ways that they approached their imperial projects, but the basics were still the same: make ships that could sail the oceans, arm them to the teeth, kick indigenous butt, and then exploit the hell out of them. Technologies and techniques were invented by this imperial player and that, to soon be emulated by its rivals, as they all vied for supremacy. There were feedbacks amongst them, but it was all based on their ability to wrench energy from the land, use the wind power and low friction of the oceans, and inflict violence in a truly irresistible way on natives who had never seen such a thing. Cannons, steel swords and armor, horses, man-eating dogs, and the ships that transported them (along with the diseases that the filthy Europeans carried), and the genocidal attitudes that came with them, overwhelmed the New World’s natives.

The Europeans were all looking for easy economic kills, and the Spanish epitomized the attitude with their lust for gold:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/savings.htm#biggest

When the English joined the fray, gold was also their initial obsession, and stealing Spain’s plunder is what made Francis Drake a “sir.”

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#english

In the end, gold rushes are simply counterfeiting operations, stealing from one’s neighbor, and a mere generation after the loot from the conquered peoples in the New World began to pour in, the Spanish crown had the first of several bankruptcies that charted its decline as an imperial aspirant:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/savings.htm#bankrupt

When the awesome suffering of the natives is taken into account, the century of Spanish plunder of the New World is a leading candidate for history’s most evil enterprise. When the Portuguese invaded the Amazon, they hoped for gold-plated civilizations to plunder like the Spanish found, but soon had to content themselves with sugar plantations, which quickly exterminated the natives, just like the Spanish did in the Caribbean, and Brazil and the Caribbean were soon repopulated by captured Africans to work those sugar plantations, and the world’s most dramatic slave era was off and running:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#sugar

In the first century of plunder and genocide of the New World’s natives, the primary “benefits” to Europe were two addictive substances, tobacco and sugar, and worthless metals in the form of gold and silver. None of it had any intrinsic value to Europe, and an entire hemisphere was depopulated to get it:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/war.htm#wealth

When the English, French, and Dutch got into the game, the northern lands they encountered had no easily-plundered gold or could support sugar plantations, so they went after the first “product” from the New World that brought any economic benefit to Europe at all: fur. The fur trade had already exterminated the fur-bearing animals of Eurasia, and it would quickly drive all of North America’s fur-bearing animals to the brink of extinction:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#fur

Even though fur had an economic value because of its heat-conserving properties (the energy game once again), the quick extinction of the beaver in the Eastern Woodlands was largely done for fashion, as beaver-skin hats became quite the rage in Europe, at least while the beavers lasted. That was only a preview of what would happen to the passenger pigeon and bison, not to mention the Indians themselves.

So, the early days of the European imperial experience was an economic catastrophe, and few monarchs could understand how stupid it all was, from an economic perspective, which is always what it is all about, in the end. Or the economic “benefit” was like a sugar high, literally, not in the least bit sustainable. The English and Dutch, however, were already on the ascent to industrialization, which I will cover soon. The English were behind the Dutch on the industrialization curve, but their close relationship would see the English copy much about the Dutch experience, and by 1700, the English had overtaken the Dutch. The 1700s were marked by an imperial horserace between Britain and France, as they laid claim to as much of the world as they could, with the French being the losers, having to content themselves with lesser “finds” such as Southeast Asia and the less lucrative parts of Oceania. The British got Australia, New Zealand, and the choicest tropical islands, while the French got the scraps.

The British, however, being an island nation, were socially backward compared to the more cosmopolitan French and Dutch, and it showed in their attitudes toward the American Indian, which was the most openly exterminatory of the imperial rivals:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#exterminate2

Perceptive Spanish, beginning with Columbus, lamented the vast genocide of the natives, as they did all the work. The extermination of their slave base is what put the damper on Spain’s imperial ambitions in the New World.

After the vast genocide of the 1500s, the native population in the New World bottomed about at around 5-25% of its pre-invasion population before 1650, and then began a slow recovery. The Western Hemisphere to this day is quite under-populated compared to Eurasia, and that reflects the genocide of the 1500s. With a widowed hemisphere, then came the “settlers” from Europe, which was really the big economic boost that Europe gained from its imperial adventures. The New World is history’s most lucrative “find,” and history’s richest and most powerful nation was built on that “virgin” land. The ideology of wide open spaces begging to be “settled” came from that era, and that ideology is still with us today:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#carl

Spain’s stupidity aside, an economic practice and ideology took root in those early imperial days, known today as mercantilism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercantilism

The basics of mercantilism were to violently conquer the foreign peoples and establish political control, and then direct the economy. Mercantilism was really a large slavery operation. The conquered lands were de-industrialized and then provided a service function to the European economies, providing cheap labor and raw materials. In return, Europe would ship products formerly made by the natives, wiping out their industries, and bleeding the subject nations dry by controlling the terms of exchange. Capitalism was a direct descendant of mercantilism, easily seen in the writings of the classical political economists. What is called global capitalism today is a direct descendant of those imperial mercantilist days. Of course, in business school, the stark realities of mercantilism and the subsequent capitalism were not taught to me in business school:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lies.htm#colonialism

as I was regaled with Adam Smith’s tale of the pin factory:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post623703

and how evil the Soviet Union’s economic system was. The origins of capitalism have been given plenty of ink over the centuries, with Marx frankly remarking on the bloody, coercive origins that the classical economists passed over in silence, and I will cover some of it in coming posts.

What I will make clear, however, is that to separate capitalist development from mercantilist development, and to remove it from the general ascent of Europe, as it learned to sail the seas and conquer the world, is the kind of hair-splitting that too many scholars engage in, to dubious effect. It was all an energy game, and each important innovation of those times was about gaining and using more energy. In that regard, practice was far ahead of theory. Coal was used in England after the trees were gone, and inventing a way to bake the impurities from coal so that it could be burned like wood for smelting, to be used for the iron production that Britain industrialized with, with Watt’s steam engine being the seminal event:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#industrial

were the events that made the Industrial Revolution possible. The science to fit a theoretical framework around those early industrial breakthroughs did not come for nearly a hundred years later. That is partly why I cautioned recently about getting too enamored with our theories:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post650705

The big breakthroughs, and many are suppressed and sit in Godzilla’s Golden Hoard today, are where practice was far ahead of theory (at least orthodox theory ). Einstein’s special theory of relativity came a generation after the experimental evidence was in hand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michels...ley_experiment

that supported it.

Time for work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd March 2013 at 04:15.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Akasha (20th March 2013), CdnSirian (21st March 2013), Dennis Leahy (21st March 2013), Elly (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (20th March 2013), Limor Wolf (25th March 2013), sandy (21st March 2013), Sunny-side-up (17th May 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013)

35. Link to Post #2759
    Thanks

Hi:

In 2002, when I finished my site, I boiled down the rise of humans into three factors:

1. Energy

2. Our hands

3. Our brains

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#rise

That may seem too obvious to some, but any explanations that stray from those dynamics can get tangled in their underwear. A couple of years ago, I succinctly stated what drove the epochal stages of the human journey:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#succinct

In all of the study that I have been doing over the past several years, I have seen nothing to change it. It not only explains where we have been, but also hints at where we can go. It always has been, and always will be, The Energy Game. Everything else is a sideshow.

After I finished my site, I discovered Bucky Fuller’s work. He not only articulated many things that I was groping to say, but he said them in ways that helped crystallize my thinking, in a paradigmatic way. One of his more valuable insights was that political systems competition was no help at all in resolving our central problems:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/roots.htm#politics

What capitalism, communism, socialism, and all other political-economic ideologies have in common is scarcity, and they are all concerned with who gets the benefit of the scarce resources. All dominant ideologies, not just the political-economic ones, are predicated on scarcity:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#dominant

and abundance makes them all obsolete.

But those scarcity-based ideologies were all predicated on what we call civilization. Civilization formed as a result of agriculture:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post649001

and agriculture developed due to population pressures. Humans drove all the easy meat to extinction as they spread across the planet:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn5

and domesticating plants and animals was a direct response to food scarcity. Early agriculture was not a boon to human health, however, and humans shrank in stature where agriculture was developed. But the land could support more people, so population densities could increase, as more energy could be wrenched from the land. A Japanese rice farmer can get 10,000 times more energy from a patch of land as a Cro-Magnon hunter-gatherer could:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ese#post591237

Wherever agriculture appeared, cities were not far behind. Cities had many benefits to humans. The development of professions was dependent on cities, and the close human interaction of urban environments allowed for relatively quick communication of ideas, information, social contact (we are social animals, descended from monkeys), and cities facilitated the spread of inventions. Urban amenities that were not possible in rural environments appeared. Elites appeared, as parasites on the body politic, and dominated the resultant economic/political/social hierarchies. The greatest adversaries of the ruling classes are those they rule. When elites battle, they battle atop the substrate of the system that creates exploitable masses. The early potentates were all men, reflecting the male superiority of inflicting violence (which also made them the preferred hunters), and they all either invented or corrupted the day’s ideologies into making them the representatives of divinity on Earth, and they all had harems, palaces, and other monumental architecture devoted to them. That dynamic is with us to the present day, in one form or another. Elite luxury goods formed the basis of early trade networks, as they reinforced elite status. There has been an auspicious change to that in the Industrial Era, particularly lately, where people like me can stand in line with the world’s richest man:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#gates

and nobody notices him. I was just trading email yesterday with a former CEO of mine, with a personal worth in excess of $100 million, and he used the same bathroom as I did, prepared his meals in the same lunch room, and he knew my name before I knew who he was. The high technology revolution, at least on the USA’s West coast, has been egalitarian in ways that have not existed before, and it points to ways of being that have not yet been seen on this planet.

Inventions such as writing could not have happened in rural environments, and the first writings the world over were accounting for the elite haul. In coming posts, I am going to explore the city and how the rise of Europe, with its resultant Industrial Revolution, changed cities in many ways. Cities are primarily energy concentration devices, and FE and the attendant technologies, both those in public use today and kept under wraps by Godzilla, makes most of the reasons to have cities disappear. In fact, there becomes no compelling reason to have cities, and the idea of elites also disappears (which is why they so avidly suppress FE – their very existence depends on suppressing it). And if we still have some cities, they will be radically different than what we see today. They will not dominate the local vicinity, conquer nature, and the like. FE and attendant technologies, such as antigravity, along with advanced materials and communication technologies, make human “civilization” independent of needing an agricultural hinterland to exploit (and the rural peoples), independent of where the “resources” are, because with abundant, clean energy, all resources become abundant and wherever you want them.

But I need to trace the development of the rise of Europe and how industrial civilization developed, so that what is possible with FE becomes more obvious. That is really about the entire point of my work. FE will create a break from the past that will be far more dramatic than what the Industrial Revolution did, and the most important aspect of it will be the end of scarcity. We have never seen that before:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#advanced

but what I consider the best thread on the Internet explores what becomes obsolete with the advent of abundance:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...by-Free-Energy

and the more people who can focus their attention on that, in a productive way, the choir will be on its way to forming. An abundance choir has never been heard on Earth before, and if it gets going, the harmonic effects may well catalyze the situation that can overcome both humanity’s inertia and hyper-elite suppression of FE and attendant technologies, and a mind-boggling epoch of the human journey can be directly ahead. Or, we may continue to fail the test of our sentience that our current predicament as a species presents us today, and we will fall all the way down the hill to self-extinction, while taking most complex life with us. As Bucky said, we are facing Utopia or Oblivion:

I know which one I choose, and am trying to find others to help me manifest it.

Time for work.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd March 2013 at 04:14.

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd March 2013), Chris Gilbert (22nd March 2013), Elly (22nd March 2013), EsmaEverheart (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (24th March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (22nd March 2013), Limor Wolf (25th March 2013), sandy (21st March 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013)

37. Link to Post #2760
    Thanks

Hi:

Attached is a pic from my backyard this morning. Those in the Great White North won’t be impressed, but after a mild winter without even a hint of snow at home, I woke up this morning to that. Spring is sort of here.

Cities originally formed in warm climates (it is also thought that they did not form in the human’s ancestral home, the tropical rain forests, because life was too easy there, with fruit available). It was an energy dynamic, as technologies had to improve, in numerous ways, to make cities in colder climates feasible. Until horse-drawn heavy plows were invented and other agricultural advances, the kind of farming that could support the cities of northern Europe was not much in evidence. The great era of city-building in Northern Europe, from 1000 to 1300, was marked by a doubling of agricultural output and a 50% increase in productivity. The spread of windmills and watermills during the same era:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post607647

was a huge energy boost for Western Europe, and it really could be seen as the beginning of industrialization, harnessing non-animal energy for the first time on Earth of any consequence. Also, at the beginning of the Medieval Warm Period, Europe’s forests had recovered from Rome’s rapacity, and the Medieval Warm Period was an orgy of deforestation. The boost of environmental energy from the climate of Medieval Warm Period, combined with improvements in agriculture (some them came back with returning Crusaders),combined with all the new land brought under the plow, and the energy from the wood that was “liberated” to get at that “virgin” soil, combined with the introduction of the Greek teachings that led to humanism and science making its rise:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ism#post646102

and Europe was ascending, long before Columbus stumbled into the New World. Then the Medieval Warm Period was over, and in 1315, the party began to end with a huge famine, followed soon by wars and the plague:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post595655

Europe became a hell on Earth then, but it still kept its cities largely intact, with the influx of the surplus population from the countryside. But the peasant’s life got a little better in that with the population decline, wages went up, reflecting labor’s scarcity. The rise of cities meant the waning of feudalism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudalism

Island nations such as Britain and Japan became socially backward compared to their continental brethren, and that can be seen today in the reverence for anachronistic royalty in those two nations, which no other industrialized nation has. The British Isles actively eradicated not only its forest, but all competing animals. Bears were the first to go, going extinct a little after 900 AD, with the wolf last sighted in England in 1486, last one sighted in Wales in 1576, and the last one sighted in Scotland in 1743. In the 1500s and 1600s, England waged a war on all animals that might compete for food:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#auk

That exterminatory attitude would soon be focused on the American Indian:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#english

At the same time that all competing animals were being exterminated, the peasants were being kicked off the land with the Enclosure Laws:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ure#post622798

The Game Laws forbade them to hunt their food:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post623427

and those laws ended up creating the workforce for the first factories in England. The Industrial Revolution was initially a rural phenomenon, as the energy source was the mills that had to be on rivers and streams in the countryside. In fact, the cities of the time were never the leaders in industrialization, as they were not built for it and did not have the available energy. The industrial cities of Britain were new or small cities or former villages, which grew from the mills, such as Manchester:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester#Early_history

Birmingham:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birming...y_and_medieval

Belfast:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast#Growth

Places such as Cromford sprouted up around a mill that was established there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromford

The great city of London had almost nothing to do with early industrialization. This was not so unusual. The proto-industries that served Rome were in the hinterland, where access to wood, the primary industrial energy supply of the day, was available:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post562534

Coal was not a significant industrial energy source until two things happened: the impurities could be baked out of it so that it could be used for smelting, and the first practical heat engine was developed for drawing water out of coal mines:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post646102

Then the Industrial Revolution began to gather steam, pun intended. Capitalism is about the social organization to exploit workers in favor of the masters in a different way, by making people cogs in machines. Those early mills and factories were hellish places, and inspired the writings of Charles Dickens, who was forced to work in a factory as a boy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles...ns#Early_years

Those horrific working conditions also inspired Karl Marx’s work.

While industrialization began in the countryside, it did not stay there, and there was an interplay of city and countryside that was mutually stimulating, which is something that also goes back to the dawn of civilization. Cities could become parasitic, like Rome did, or they could interact with the countryside, where inventions from the cities made their way to the countryside. But the Industrial Revolution was not directly fostered by any of Europe’s big cities, but it began in the hinterland. That initially rural character would define Britain’s great offspring, the USA. I have to go to work, but there is a lot to write about those dynamics, and it will take some time.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3-22-13 - small.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	20903  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd March 2013 at 01:37.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (24th March 2013), Krishna (24th June 2016), kudzy (22nd March 2013), Limor Wolf (25th March 2013), sandy (22nd March 2013), Tane Mahuta (26th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 536 FirstFirst 1 38 88 128 138 148 188 238 536 LastLast