Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 10694

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #7561
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,632 times in 7,518 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I just posted out the Word files that I used to compose my additions to my articles on Ed. They are here:

I also put out my work on Brian’s bio, at least as of 3-10-11.

All Earthlings (Martians do not have my automatic permission, but they can nicely ask. ) have my permission to use those files however they wish. It also contains Wikipedia code that is not my work, but that code is already at Wikipedia, available to anybody, so I don’t think that anybody can come after me legally for giving away this work that took probably 100 hours or so of coding effort. This post ends my efforts at Wikipedia.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 15th July 2018 at 19:19.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (16th July 2018), Hym (17th July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (16th July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Reinhard (19th July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (16th July 2018), Smell the Roses (15th July 2018), Sophocles (16th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (16th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #7562
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wade, For the first time in my life. I realize what you are up against. I am not sure I fully understand it yet.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (16th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #7563
    Thanks

Hey Krishna:

You get a gold star for your performance this weekend. I greatly appreciate your effort, old buddy, and I won’t minimize what happened this weekend, but what I lived through during my adventures with Dennis made this weekend look like a picnic. Nobody is coming to arrest me. I am already kind of laughing about it. We’ll see if anybody picks up the ball, and it looks like Prop9 is going to give it the college try. It would be nice if some others came to the party, but I have my doubts. It is usually a handful against the forces of darkness. That is just what it is. I don’t want you to get banned from Wikipedia, so you can back off for now.

There is a lot that I am up against, and I don’t want to get too “conspiratorial” about what happened this weekend, but, as I wrote, I don’t see where that oh-so-rude admin has a leg to stand on regarding erasing my work, KGB-style, but I am finished with trying to get justice in a rigged court. They can just make it up as they go.

As you probably noticed, not only is Philip Cross a disinformation professional, and is likely really a group of people with intelligence connections, but “he” did not even need to roll out of bed, as the admin and the other “editors” have “his” back. The founder of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales, has publicly defended Cross, so it looks like Wikipedia may have already been captured by the intelligence community, so I would not expect the admin to buck what the founder openly supports. As Ed might say, the values are internalized and are not even consciously acted on. That admin might even believe that he just saved Wikipedia from a lawsuit over copyright violations and plagiarism, from perhaps me and Ed’s and Brian’s estates.

As you can tell, that was a “kill the messenger” moment at Wikipedia, and only one or two need to be on the payroll, if that, and then the mob does the dirty work, gratis. I learned those lessons 30 years ago.

I am finished with this phase of my bio project for Ed, and am putting it behind me. I was planning to enjoy what is left of the summer up here in the spectacular Pacific Northwest, without any heavy lifting for my writing work, and I’ll be pretty busy at my day job. It is time to move on, and I was planning to reply to your other recent posts. Interesting material.

Love,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 16th July 2018 at 06:52.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th July 2018), Franny (16th July 2018), Hym (17th July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (17th July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Reinhard (19th July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (16th July 2018), Servant Limestone (24th July 2018), Smell the Roses (16th July 2018), Sophocles (16th July 2018), Valerie Villars (16th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #7564
    United States Avalon Member Invictos's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Wade

I would like you to read these texts. This has everything to do with your work. Almost everything you've been talking about and writing reflects your life experience, except the opinions and concepts of other people associated (with you).

I keep reading your texts, and then I come back with some questions and reflections.

The Freedom Journey

The Great Love

Nature and Natural Disasters

The Power of Knowledge

The Fate of Nations

Thanks
    Last edited by Invictos; 16th July 2018 at 20:01.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Invictos For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #7565
    Thanks

Hi:

I really don’t want to spend too much time on the issue, but a couple of people are trying to pick up the ball for Ed at Wikipedia, and they are going to have a very hard time of it. I was looking at the edits and discussions of those who oppose them, and they have actively libeled Ed and have made their hostile stances quite clear. Their agenda is obvious. It is a chorus of imperial hacks, and their ringleader is a professional libeler, whom the co-founder of Wikipedia has openly defended.

One of the amazing, or perhaps not, aspects of the attacks on Ed is their preventing even any presentation of Ed’s chief theoretical construction, the propaganda model, and its predictions, which would expose the reasons for why the only material currently being allowed at his biography is his work on “nefarious bloodbaths,” which is dominated by the attacks on his work, which always misrepresents his stance, which was about how the media treats nefarious bloodbaths. So, their constant hammering on and, in general, lying about Ed’s writings on Cambodia, Yugoslavia, and Rwanda, is actually a proof of his and Noam’s propaganda model in action. It is like dismissing Einstein as a crank without ever mentioning relativity. It is Orwellian to the max.

I am crazily busy at work, and won’t come up for air for a couple of weeks. I was already planning to take it relatively easy on writing over the rest of the summer, but even my posts will suffer over the next few weeks. I’ll respond to them when I can.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 17th July 2018 at 15:46.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th July 2018), Franny (18th July 2018), Hym (17th July 2018), Invictos (17th July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (17th July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Reinhard (19th July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (18th July 2018), Smell the Roses (17th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #7566
    Thanks

Hi:

I already plan to make lemonade out of the lemon of how Wikipedia has treated me and my work. Again, I have been through infinitely worse on my journey, so, even though my biography project for Ed took most of my “spare” time for the past year and more, I was able to produce a biography that will have to do until a professional biographer does Ed’s life justice, if one ever comes along. I would hate for my bio to be the last word on Ed’s life. It should be one of the first words, not the last.

Although almost none of my effort on Ed lives at Wikipedia today (however, the Wikiquote page survives for now), there are benefits to having one’s own private publishing conduit, and I expect that my bio of Ed will outlive me. Too bad that Ed’s bio today at Wikipedia is an exercise in disinformation, but that is par for the course for the great. Societies honor their living conformists and dead dissidents.

An essay is germinating in my head, and I have tentatively titled it, “Ed Herman, the Left, and My Life’s Work.” Ed’s work was significant in my life in more than one way. One member of the peanut gallery at Ed’s bio at Wikipedia called my Wikipedia bio of Ed “hagiography,” soon after reinstating libelous material about Ed that others removed. Actually, I really don’t mind the label of “hagiography” much, because Ed was a saint. Dennis, Mr. Professor, and Brian will always head my Pantheon, but Ed sits in the second circle, with Howard and Noam. They all are/were great, great men, whom it was an honor to interact with.

That essay is going to go into some detail of my latest encounter with Wikipedia (and I don’t expect to have others – I have finally learned my lesson), but it won’t be some “woe is me” tale, which I have never written, but it will be about how Wikipedia has become a propaganda organ that actually confirms Ed and Noam’s propaganda model, even though Wikipedia is supposedly a non-profit effort, with its main “product” created by volunteers (but sometimes well-paid “volunteers” that work on behalf of various vested interests).

But that is only going to be a point of departure for how an effort like Wikipedia can become a disinformation mill, and it will go into my encounters with Ed and the Left, back to when I first heard of Noam in 1989, and the next year I heard of Lies of Our Times. It will cover my growing appreciation of Ed’s work, which led to our correspondence, which began in the late 1990s and continued to his life’s end.

But Ed’s life and mine had overlaps that surprised even me as I studied to write his bio, and his work influenced mine to no small degree. Learning at his scholarly feet might well be the high point of my scholarly career. There won’t be another like him in my life.

I tried to introduce Ed to Brian several times, to no avail, and that is emblematic of the Left’s limitations. Brian wanted to enlist the Left in our free energy efforts, but nobody is home in the Left on the really big issues, so big that I had to invent “Epochal” to describe them, just like environmentalists, New Agers, etc.

But even though I was never able to interest the Left in free energy and healing humanity and the planet with it, there was plenty about their work that is germane to mine. It is important work, when its limits are also acknowledged (reshuffling the deck of scarcity is no real solution). Ed lived in the ivory tower, but did an awesome amount of good while seated in his lofty perch. The huge shoes that he leaves behind might never be filled.

Best,

Wade

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (21st July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (20th July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Reinhard (19th July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (21st July 2018), Smell the Roses (20th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #7567
    Thanks

Hi:

I have a little time to reply to posts. To Krishna’s latest, yes, new findings generally push back the dates of when evolutionary trends began. The date of the first life on Earth may be pushed back by hundreds of millions of years. The beginnings of dinosaurs is a very controversial area these days, and fascinating to follow. The idea that sauropods began going big 30 million years earlier than previously thought is no big surprise. The Triassic is a highly contentious area of study. That hominins got out of Africa by 2.1 million years ago is also not surprising. The early migrations out of Africa comprise another area of great controversy. Those hobbits may have been australopiths, and they controlled fire. That pan-African evolutionary scenario has been gaining steam in recent years. That has been one of my subjects to write about in the big essay update.

Yes, Krishna: probably all landmark legal decisions were political acts. The legal system is an integral part of the political system that looks after elite interests, first, and occasionally some crumbs are allowed to fall off the table for the masses to nibble on, and the postwar boom created enough prosperity so that even high-caste Indians could get some of those crumbs.

Hi Invictos:

I am kind of past my channeling phase, which began more than 40 years ago. To me, channels can give pep talks and impart their otherworldly perspectives, which can be inspiring indeed, but when a channeled source claims to be God (such as Walsch’s books), call me a bit skeptical. All of those tales of life in other star systems are just tales to me, and we will find out when the ET issue comes into the open. For now, there is plenty of speculation and little evidence, but I can guarantee you that the global elites are all over it. Maybe it was in there somewhere, but I did not see any practical advice in righting the ship in that “God-channeled” work (other than “think differently”), and I am about making free energy happen, not preparing to survive a human-made catastrophe. All Epochs have been built on their energetic foundations, and it will be no different for the Fifth Epoch. Unless free energy happens, the rest can’t. I am not trying to reach the masses with clever talk.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st July 2018 at 03:40.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Invictos (14th August 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (21st July 2018), Smell the Roses (20th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #7568
    Thanks

Hi:

As I recently wrote, I am going to make lemonade from the lemon that Wikipedia served up, and this coming series of posts will be the raw material for a new essay, which has been on my list of things to do for years. The territory will be familiar, but there will be new material, and it will ultimately deal with my effort to help initiate the Fifth Epoch.

I was a bookworm from the time I could walk and was raised to be a scientist, although I did not shake my mother’s bad habits until I became an adult (tabloids at 13, and TV at 18). I read the newspaper daily, from age 9 or so, beginning with the local newspaper, graduating to the LA Times when I was in college, and during my first stint in LA, I subscribed to the Christian Science Monitor, thinking that I was getting alternative news. I had a lot to learn, and my lessons began when I met Dennis.

The day that I met Dennis, he spoke in front of a thousand people or so, with several camera crews recording his talk. A week or so later, I saw the only positive TV account of him that I know of, by a Canadian TV station. A week or so after that, I saw the version presented by a Seattle TV station, which was in the Big Lie category, which was my first inkling that the news might not have been about discovering and reporting the truth. The next three years was an education of the kind that you can’t buy, and when I read an “investigative” report on Dennis in the LA Times, in early 1989, I said to myself, “They can just make it up as they go.” I met Gary Wean about a month before reading that LA Times article, I had long since been radicalized, and two months after meeting Gary, Mr. Professor and I sprung Dennis from jail, in the biggest miracle that I ever witnessed, which we all knew was a case of divine intervention. It was our “friends” at work once again.

I cannot recall that exact date, but it was around the same time that we sprang Dennis from jail that a roommate told me about some guy named Noam Chomsky, and I had never heard of him before. The next year, in early 1990, while driving to my job in LA of all places, I heard on the radio somebody who might have been Uncle Ed promoting a new magazine titled Lies of Our Times (LOOT). I was so ready for its message, and after I moved to Ohio later that year, one of the first things that I did was subscribe to it, and my education in the alternative media began, although the first page of my first issue of LOOT is still the one I remember the best, as the New York Times could make it up as it went along. All newspapers can make it up as they go, and the TV news was worse. That sums up the American media, although it would be many years before I wrote my first essay on the subject. When Ralph McGehee was forced into the rocking chair by his friends at the CIA, as he was silenced in the Land of the Free, I bought what I could from his intelligence library, including the LOOT issues that came out before I subscribed to it, so I have every issue from LOOT’s existence.

LOOT was the beginning of my media studies, and the past year and more of studying Ed’s work, so that I could write his bio, is probably the last such stint in my lifetime, of studying how the media operates. In those days of study in the early 1990s, on a vast array of subjects, I got my hands on all sorts of alternative media literature. Noam wrote an article in LOOT every month, Ed was LOOT’s editor for its entire existence, as well as its leading writer, and I had a growing appreciation of Ed’s lucid writings. Even though I was an eager student, it still took me about two years to really understand what Noam was saying. After two years of study, the movie Manufacturing Consent came out, which was about Noam’s life (which briefly featured Ed), and a month or so after watching the movie at Ohio State (it was the most popular documentary in Canadian history to that time, which played on national TV globally, but it has never aired on an American TV station, which proved Noam’s point in spades), I was driven from my sleep to write a 17-page letter to Noam, about how nobody, anywhere, mainstream or alternative, even mentioned free energy, other than attacks on Dennis. Imagine my surprise when I received a gracious reply from Noam a couple of weeks later, as he described my letter as “tantalizing,” but he said that he did not know anything about the subject and advised me to seek an “expert.” Well, there weren’t any, so I had to become my own.

We traded letters a few more times, and I sent him my second “book,” which was really a diary of my days with Dennis and Ralph Hovnanian’s quotation collage, and our correspondence ended on a friendly note. I was given the polite brush-off, but I never held that against Noam. He had plenty on his plate, and his attention to my correspondence out of the blue was an honor and delight.

I read Manufacturing Consent in the early 1990s, and soon got my hands on all of Ed’s writings that I could. When I wrote my site as it largely stands today, in the late 1990s, I began corresponding with Ed. As with Noam, Ed was easy to reach and a pleasant correspondent. Ed was a better writer than Noam, very witty, and I began calling him Uncle Ed back then, and I even have an email or two from Ed, signed off with “Uncle Ed.” Those early days of media studies and correspondence with Ed and Noam were a generation ago, and what a privilege to be in the audience while those men were in the primes of their political writing careers. The USA may never see any others like them, along with Uncle Howard and a few others. Uncle Noam is going to go down in history as one of its leading intellectuals and arguably the greatest that the USA ever produced, while most Americans have never heard of him.

This post begins what will be quite a series of posts, which will be grist for that essay.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 20th July 2018 at 15:33.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (21st July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (21st July 2018), Melinda (21st July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (21st July 2018), Smell the Roses (20th July 2018)

17. Link to Post #7569
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

Hi all I've just wanted to share with you a 2007 mainstream media article about who edits wikipedia:
    https://www.wired.com/2007/08/wiki-tracker
    http://virgil.gr/page/2016/10/4/wikiscanner
    No longer operational due to "maintenance costs" (yeah right)...

It also has its own entry in the wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiScanner
    Last edited by Robert J. Niewiadomski; 21st July 2018 at 13:53. Reason: typo
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

Krishna (21st July 2018)

19. Link to Post #7570
    Thanks

Hi:

I put up what the original Ed Wikipedia articles looked like, before my contributions were erased:

The links won’t all work, but most seem to.

What happened was not too surprising, unfortunately. What I hoped was that, of course, my changes would be edited (that is what Wikipedia is all about), but that the basic framework would survive relatively intact, as well as the key information. I could see my sections on Rwanda, for instance, get trimmed down into fewer categories, but that the basic information would survive. I expected the peanut gallery that is “managing” Ed’s bio today would do their libelous best, and I would have to do battle, but my work was erased and I am forbidden from editing anything related to Ed, because I had corresponded with him and he “wished” that I would help make his bio better.

Obviously, my changes to Ed’s bio are the most dramatic, turning his bio from the libelous stub that it is today to something that does his life and career justice. Realistically, my only “crime” was predominantly using primary sources, Ed’s writings, rather than the secondary literature, but it was an article about him, and he has not had a professional bio written yet. Ed and Noam’s propaganda model has been written about plenty, but the mainstream “notable” sources are not going to, because Ed and Noam’s work exposes them. That is a Catch-22 that can keep their work forever on the margins, which Ed might have called a structural constraint. I would be have been happy to see what kind of muting of my supposedly POV language would have looked like. I thought that it was pretty neutral to begin with, but I am admittedly close to the material. Editors are nice to have. I was curious as to what an honest edit would look like, and Prop9 began on that, before the admin swooped in and erased everything.

One section that I added to the propaganda model, on its predictions, is like adding relativity’s predictions to an article on relativity, and Noam was the author of the model’s predictions. It is hard to take exception to that, and it makes the attacks on Ed and Noam’s writings on Cambodia, Yugoslavia, and Rwanda – nefarious bloodbaths – understandable. That is pretty much all that Ed’s bio at Wikipedia is today. The article as it stands today is an exercise in disinformation. The subsequent assessments section seemed appropriate to me, but I would have expected some editing.

I thought that my rewrite of the Political Economy of Human Rights article would survive almost intact, although, of course, Noam’s assailants would come running, to continue the smear campaign against Noam on Cambodia.

For the Manufacturing Consent article, I merely added summaries of the book’s chapters, added information from the 2002 edition and balanced out the reception section a little. I left in Gitlin’s inane comments, which Fred Gardner ably critiqued.

Prop9 is trying to improve Ed’s bio, but has an uphill battle. I’ll watch with interest.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 21st July 2018 at 13:15.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (21st July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (21st July 2018)

21. Link to Post #7571
    Thanks

Thanks Robert:

Yes, people rampantly edit articles about themselves (the CIA, Pentagon, and the like have been very active, for instance), but since they do it anonymously, they get away with it, while honest efforts like mine get erased. This is Wikipedia’s “evenhandedness” in action once again. I certainly did not make the plagiarism “crimes” that I was accused of – the idea of plagiarizing my public-domain self is insane – and even the copyright “violations” that I was accused of are on shaky ground (most of those same quotes live on the Wikiquote page that I built for Ed, and the Wiki-censors don’t seem to have a problem with that), leaving my last “crime,” which was corresponding with Ed over 20 years and offering to make his Wikipedia bio better. I was taken to task by the rude admin for my talk page comments on a German scientist who was the sidekick of death camp Nazis, whose bio has been openly managed by his son into an outright hagiographic article. At Wikipedia, Ed gets smeared, while a close associate of death camp Nazis gets hagiographic treatment, and I get taken to task for pointing it out. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. That is the kind of behavior for which Ed said “hypocrisy” was not strong enough to describe, so he began using “chutzpah.”

But I had the book thrown at me, with my work erased, among insults and threats from the admin.

Apparently, my real “crime” was exposing the fraudulent edits made by a disinformation effort that Wikipedia’s co-founder has openly defended, and trying to give Ed’s life a little justice, amongst all the libel thrown at him. I had crashed the smear party, and for that, I was taken out back and shot. Of course, different reasons have to be proffered for the treatment afforded me. The real reasons cannot be stated.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 28th July 2018 at 23:24.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (22nd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (21st July 2018), kudzy (21st July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (21st July 2018), Valerie Villars (21st July 2018)

23. Link to Post #7572
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I would guess that plagiarism claims are easy to fabricate against a comprehensivist of your calibre. (compliment: referring to your prodigious knowledge base)
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Robert J. Niewiadomski (22nd July 2018)

25. Link to Post #7573
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    You get a gold star for your performance this weekend
    Thanks Wade. I did not want to get involved at all. I was just getting out popcorn to watch the movie at Wikipedia. I knew wikipedia was bad, and that's why I never edited anything remotely controversial. My most controversial edits are on One Child Policy and they are not being reverted or obfuscated etc.. I find that strange. I can only conclude that China has moved on and does not care about criticism from the "West" about its one child policy.

Coming back to why I got involved. Wikipedia has gone from bad to toxic and abusive. I could not continue to stay a bystander when it became so abusive. I don't think of the abuse as coming from one admin, it is wikipedia that is toxic and abusive.

Quote I don’t want you to get banned from Wikipedia, so you can back off for now.
    I dont care either way. I am not a wikipedia editor or contributor. I contribute to the world, and wikipedia is a means to that end. If they ban me, then it is their problem, not mine.

Quote I already plan to make lemonade out of the lemon of how Wikipedia has treated me and my work.
    Please don't do this now. You can come back to this once you update your energy essay.

Finally since I won a gold star I want you to do a favor for me. I want you to read "Hunger and Public Action", "An Uncertain Glory: India and its contradictions", and "Education First!: From Martin Luther to Sustainable Development by Wolfgang Lutz, Reiner Klingholz". I am not entirely sure why I asking you to read them. But I feel that it might be useful when you update your essay. Thats your home work from me Wade 8)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Robert J. Niewiadomski (22nd July 2018), Wade Frazier (22nd July 2018)

27. Link to Post #7574
    Thanks

Hi Ernie:

I have seen the word “plagiarism” thrown around pretty indiscriminately during my writing career. It seems to be used in a one-size-fits-all way that I don’t agree with. I have seen these behaviors called “plagiarism”:
    • Wholesale theft of another author’s work, in both the ideas and sometimes even the words, calling them one’s own, and selling them for profit.
    • Using the exact words of an author and calling them one’s own, with no reference at all to the copied work, often limited to a phrase or two, but can even be paragraphs of copied writings;
    • Using the exact words of an author, but referencing the work, while some of the exact words, in a phrase, for instance, were not put in quotes;
    • “Plagiarizing” one’s own writings, and in my latest adventures at Wikipedia, even though I had given away the rights to my work on my home page, I was somehow guilty of “plagiarizing” my public-domain self.

That first instance of plagiarism is by far the most egregious, and is akin to the theft of a patent, which Mr. Mentor was victimized by repeatedly. That is the slimiest and arguably criminal form of plagiarism, numerous high-profile lawsuits have accompanied that kind of plagiarism, and anybody with the slightest familiarity with my work knows that I have never come remotely close to doing that, partly because I have never charged for my work. I have constantly given credit for where I got ideas from, such as here.

That second kind from the list above is also pretty bad, and it has happened to me. I also have never come close to doing anything like the second form, especially consciously. My work has drawn from a vast corpus of literature. It is possible that some ideas germinated from something I once read, which I did not directly cite, but it would have been inadvertent. I have constantly credited and cited seminal works, such as Uncle Bucky’s. I can guarantee that no significant source of ideas has ever failed to receive credit in my work.

That third one I may have been occasionally guilty of, and the only instance that I saw from that rude admin that could have qualified was this phrase, which that admin expunged from Brian’s bio: “O'Leary was specifically selected for a potential manned Mars mission when it was still in NASA’s program plan.” When I look at what is left of Brian’s bio at Wikipedia, a lot of it is still my work, so that admin had better completely erase Brian from Wikipedia! That “plagiarized” phrase has some interesting history, they are actually Brian’s words, as I had him write that sentence and made sure that it was never altered during the editing process, as Brian was the best qualified to write that sentence, and it is his unique distinction.

Brian’s astronaut bio at NASA’s site is my work, other than that “plagiarized” sentence from Brian, I had quite an adventure getting it published, and a leading space debunker took exception to that very phrase in Brian’s bio, enlisted a NASA historian to debunk it, in one of the most idiotic exercises that I ever saw, and Brian gave me the von Braun and Shepard anecdotes in case I had to battle with the debunkers over Brian’s NASA bio. So, even though the phrase had a note that linked to Brian’s NASA bio, which I was the author of, that phrase was technically Brian’s, and I did not have it in quotes. Guilty as charged. That was the only legitimate “plagiarism” that I saw identified by that admin, which led to the complete erasure of my work. Again, not a reversion, in which a person could see the editing history, but a KGB-like erasure, in which the reader will never know what I wrote, although I just tried to rectify it a little, with the version that I had back in March 2011. I have long hosted my original non-Wikipedia bio for Brian. Having my own publishing conduit comes in very handy. Think of the irony of Brian’s own words being on his Wikipedia bio, but not within quotation marks, and that was the rationale for erasing most of his bio.

I still can’t understand that fourth category of “plagiarism,” which seems to be the primary rationale for erasing all of my Wikipedia contributions at Ed’s and Brian’s bios. Although I gave away all of the rights to my writings on my site’s home page long ago, using my own words in my own writings is somehow “plagiarizing” myself, which went beyond the pale. Maybe an attorney can explain it to me one day. One thing is for sure: Wikipedia is not the encyclopedia for the masses, but is a disinformation campaign for anything with any political-economic impact on elite interests. How my contributions have been treated is exhibit A.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd July 2018 at 14:50.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2018), Franny (23rd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (22nd July 2018), Orph (22nd July 2018)

29. Link to Post #7575
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

There is a lot of territory to cover relating to your post. I’ll agree that Wikipedia’s failings don’t come from one source, but Wikipedia’s remaining co-founder is a neo-con, which explains plenty. I exposed one of his favorite editors. And disinformation professionals such as Cross have enabling “editors” that follow them around like remora, as it is with Ed’s current bio version. Those people generally don’t have consciences as we think of them, so they can be shameless, such as one editor at Ed’s bio that not only reinstated Cross’s highly misleading account, while incredibly calling it well-sourced, but he has cast aspersions at anybody at Ed’s article who is not participating in the attacks and trying to at least make the bio more neutral, accusing them of sock-puppetry and the like, making up his accusations out of the blue. It was similar to that rude admin’s accusing me of “canvassing” and other baseless claims. They can simply make it up as they go, with impunity, while people like me have their work not only reverted, but completely erased on the flimsiest of pretexts, and that rude, censorious admin kept hurling insults and threats at me. I expect trolls to do that, but not admins.

That recent foray at Wikipedia was an example of why I don’t join open-comers forums anymore. I learned my lesson long ago, and when the admins start in, as one did to a forum that I was invited into, it is time to move on. On anything remotely controversial and potentially impacting elite interests, Wikipedia is a miserable excuse of an information resource, and all-too-often, it is outright disinformation and libel, such as how Ed’s bio stands today. An impressive editor is taking up the gauntlet, and we will see how it goes, but I am not holding my breath. I bought my popcorn for the show. I will still likely link to Wikipedia in my essay update, but with an even stronger caveat.

I was already planning to take the rest of the summer off from serious writing, such as working on my big essay update, and I had already been planning for years on writing about my interactions with the Left, and was already planning on following my contributions to Ed’s work at Wikipedia with that essay that I am already roughing out in this series of posts, and I don’t plan to stop that effort, even with what happened at Wikipedia. So, this is not setting back my essay update effort any, and it will be very germane to my effort of building the choir.

On the homework that you gave me, I am looking at those two Drèze and Sen books that you mention, on a bookshelf on my office, and I’ll see if I can get to them before my essay update. Not sure if you are aware, but Ed cited Hunger and Public Action in his and Peterson’s shredding of Pinker’s imperial valentine. Pinker was citing a far right source, and Ed pointed out the “Structural Violence” in how India’s holocaust was ongoing but invisible in the West, while every crime and mistake by a communist regime was front-page news. That third book that you recommend is only available by Kindle, and I never get any works that way. A scholar, like any professional, cannot afford to rent his tools. Obviously, my work is all about education, so I doubt that I am missing much in that work.

We’ll see what of Drèze and Sen’s work makes it into my essay update. I am not too concerned in my work about bringing Third Epoch peasants into the Fourth Epoch, but bringing Fourth Epoch peoples into the Fifth. I know that your heart is with India’s peasantry, and what the British did to them is a historic crime, which I have written about plenty (1, 2), and we’ll see what makes it into my essay update, which might be the most significant one that I will ever do. It will likely take at least a year of my “spare” time to do, and I am in no rush. Then it will be off to more visibility work, building that choir, and I might even publish a book, which would be a highly abridged version of my big essay. There is a lot on my plate, and I am not getting any younger.

On a lighter note, attached are some pics from July hikes, including one to here, yesterday. I think that that is my ninth visit to that amazing meadow. My favorite aunt and uncle (who introduced me to hiking) took me there for the first time in 1990, when we did not see another person all day (and hiked through a herd of elk). Those days are long gone, as Seattle becomes a metropolis. Now, the trails are jammed. You have to work hard to avoid the crowds now.

Best,

Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	olallie 18.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	38521   Click image for larger version

Name:	rainier grand 18.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	38522   Click image for larger version

Name:	wade grand 18.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	38523   Click image for larger version

Name:	grand paintbrush 18.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	38524  
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 22nd July 2018 at 14:29.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2018), Franny (23rd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (22nd July 2018), kudzy (22nd July 2018)

31. Link to Post #7576
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wade,
    What if any is the relationship or effect of 1492 on Martin Luther, he wrote his famous theses in 1517 it cannot be coincidence that his writing had an effect right after the "discovery" of Americas. I also wonder what effect it had on his thinking and writing itself. Any thoughts.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Krishna For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018)

33. Link to Post #7577
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

Great question, and here is an article that links them. “Discovering” the Western Hemisphere eroded belief in the Bible’s infallibility (which made no mention of such lands), and that did influence Luther. It was quite a tumultuous time in Europe. I wrote that Charles V outlawed Luther at the Diet of Worms in 1521, which marked the peak of Hapsburg power, but that that event also marked the beginning of its decline and more than a century of warfare in Europe, culminating in the Thirty Years War, which was Europe’s most violent period until the Napoleonic Wars.

That is the short answer, and might answer your immediate question.

Best,

Wade

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (23rd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (23rd July 2018)

35. Link to Post #7578
    Thanks

Hi Krishna:

To your Martin Luther question, your buddy Ian Morris would also place Luther and what happened in a larger context. I think that it is legitimate to wonder how influential New World societies were in triggering the Enlightenment, and Europe’s rise of reason and science was definitely influenced by the reintroduction of “pagan” Greek teachings via captured Islamic libraries. I think that what Luther did was influenced by the same dynamics that caused the New World events, and the erosion of Biblical infallibility by discovering lands not described in the Bible was part of it. I would say that Martin Luther’s work and the “discovery” of the New World had the same ultimate cause, which was the rise of Europe. Luther and Columbus were affected by the process of European expansion. The printing press was invented a half-century before Columbus’s fateful voyage, and the Church intended to use it for further Catholic hegemony, but it backfired. Rising literacy ended up being a threat to Church authority. It was better for Church hegemony to have illiterate peasants, with a priesthood interpreting the “good book” for them, than a literate and rising middle class.

The 1521 Diet of Worms, in which Charles condemned Luther, happened at the height of his power, as his armies marauded through Europe, he was the Holy Roman Emperor, plunder rolled in from the New World (the Aztecs were conquered in 1521), and the Church had never had such success in recruiting members of the flock, with thousands of the native survivors baptized daily. But it soon began to unravel, and when Charles stepped down in 1556, the Crown was nearly bankrupt. In 1559, the infamous Index of banned books was first published, and wars soon raged across Europe. When the dust finally cleared in 1648, the Church would never regain its hegemony in Northern Europe. The fighting extended to the New World, and the big losers were the natives.

The fitful rise of science began then, too. One deforested imperial contestant turned to coal, and the Fourth Epoch began. Those were chaotic, seminal times, and untangling the dynamics is not easy. Morris credits the increase of Europe’s effective hinterland by learning to sail the oceans, and I will not disagree, but it was an unparalleled disaster for the world’s peoples, with an unprecedented demographic catastrophe that depopulated three continents, another continent had its people forcibly enslaved to replace the quickly decimated natives of the New World (and the Arab slave trade was nearly as bad), and that “stimulating” Transatlantic trade network was wholly evil, as its principle products were slaves, sugar (effectively a drug), rum, and gold and silver bought with millions of native lives. It was a rape-and-plunder economy. England’s first capitalist “bubble” was over the slave trade, and the rape of India began about when the Industrial Revolution began taking off.

For me, during my studies, seeing what Europe used its increasing technological prowess for (conquering humanity), and what the USA did with its postwar hegemony, it was all evil, in my opinion. White people had a chance to unite humanity with a rise of living standards that would be epochal in significance, but it used its advantage to slaughter and enslave humanity. You may be a high-caste beneficiary who is eating imperial crumbs, but the vast majority of your countrymen live lives of misery to this day, thanks to the rise of Britain. I wrote about Jimmy Wales being a neo-con, and that has plenty to do with the propaganda article on Ed today at Wikipedia. Wales married Tony Blair’s secretary, and met her at the capitalist enclave at Davos. I don’t need to remind too many people that Blair played Mussolini to Bush’s Hitler. When they had their pre-invasion “summit” in the Azores, it was literally hosted by a fascist (Portugal is Spain’s little buddy). I truly hope that Blair is remembered like Mussolini is, but that won’t happen at Wikipedia.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd July 2018 at 14:09.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (23rd July 2018), Franny (23rd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (23rd July 2018), ThePythonicCow (23rd July 2018)

37. Link to Post #7579
    Thanks

Hi:

To continue that thread that I began on Ed, the Left, and my life’s work, the essay that these posts will be grist for I don’t intend to be scholarly, but it will mainly be memories of my journey. I don’t plan to consult many books and other sources of information as I write it, but I will primarily ransack my memory.

I just took a short spin through my emails, and it looks like I began using Outlook in earnest in 2000. I used Netscape’s email program, as I recall, before then, but I doubt that I will find those emails. I have everything going back to 2000, I believe, but I think that I began emailing Ed before that. My first correspondence with Noam was 1992, I contacted Ralph McGehee in 1996, in preparation for publishing my first site, but I had no public presence for a couple of years soon after that, and if I had to guess, I think that I began trading email with Ed in 1998 or 1999. It was always friendly, and I really can’t recall what our first emails were about, other than praising Ed and eagerly sitting at his scholarly feet. Our first exchange that sits clearly in my memory is when Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch were campaigning to have Milosevic delivered to the kangaroo court tribunal at The Hague. I naively donated to Amnesty International in those days, and receiving their pleas to help their campaign to have Milosevic captured and delivered to The Hague was shocking. I asked Ed about it, and he agreed that it was scandalous. He said that he only donated to local human rights groups anymore, and he mentioned a few around the Balkans. I think that we traded those emails in 1999, or it might have been as late as 2000. Ed exposed Human Rights Watch as an imperial tool early on, and I asked him to do something similar for Amnesty International, but he said that he was not planning to, so it was nice to see him give Amnesty similar treatment in later years.

In those days, I contacted lefties, looking for free energy allies, but nobody was home. I had my email address on my site until 2002 and took on all comers, in those days of Internet innocence. Noam’s gracious response was one of the few that I ever received from the Left. One day, I wrote to Ed that energy was the basis of all economic systems, and that it was the key to humanity’s future, and he agreed, but his focus was on banking and the exchange aspect of economics, and he said that he needed to get into the energy issue one day, but he really never did. I certainly did not hold that against Ed; he was unparalleled as a media analyst, and had his hands full with that. Brian and I began collaborating in earnest in 2001, and Brian was a Lefty. I tried several times to introduce Brian to Ed, but Ed never took me up on it. It is a lasting source of sadness to this day. Back then, I saw it as the best chance that the Left had to begin comprehending the free energy issue. Brian and Ed were both former Ivy League professors and had plenty in common, going back to Vietnam Era protests.

During our NEM days, Brian said that his and my job was enlisting the Left, but nobody was ever home. Almost all that we got were catcalls, and Brian played the Paul Revere of Free Energy for several years before he began openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species. One of the more memorable groups were environmentalists, as Alden Bryant soon learned (and as I learned many years earlier), and I later learned that environmentalists had been treating free energy like the enemy since at least the 1970s. Everybody slammed the doors in our faces, and it took me many years to understand what we were seeing: a general addiction to scarcity, or, perhaps, a better way to say it would be that their adaptive behaviors for surviving in a world of scarcity stunted their perspectives, and when I discovered Uncle Bucky’s work in early 2003, it all began to become clear to me.

After receiving a polite silence from Ed after about a half-dozen attempts to interest him in free energy, and to also introduce him to Brian, I gave up and never tried again, after about 2004. I never held it against Ed, but it was emblematic of the problems in attracting the Left’s interest, which to this day is still the likeliest ally that I know of, but they have their ideological commitments that blind them to the bigger picture. I probably did not contact Ed much for the rest of my midlife crisis, which finally ended in 2006.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 23rd July 2018 at 14:03.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Franny (23rd July 2018), Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (23rd July 2018), Reinhard (25th July 2018)

39. Link to Post #7580
    Thanks

Hi:

I have an eidetic memory, and have only met one person whose memory I can tell is better than mine, and his is truly extraordinary. Like me, his memory is not as good as it used to be, but for many years, you could pick any day on the calendar from 20 years previously, and he could tell you, in detail, what he did that day. Mine is not nearly that good, but I have vivid memories of all years of my life, going back to age two, and I have been thinking about my early years of reading Ed’s work. 1990 was a particularly memorable year for me. I got married, Dennis got rooked into the plea bargain that nearly cost him his life, I had another great hiking summer, I moved away from the town where I was raised, never to return, began to put my wife through graduate school in Ohio, and began the studies that resulted in my site. My alternative media studies began that year, starting with my subscription to Lies of Our Times (LOOT). The first page of my first issue of LOOT is still the one that I remember best, as I saw that the New York Times could also make it up as it went along, which was a situation that I was all-too-familiar with.

To once again address Wikipedia’s charges that I am a careless plagiarist and copyright infringer, back around 2000, I asked Ed for permission to reproduce those images that I copied from LOOT. Since my site is non-commercial, I could play the Fair Use card for every quote and image on my site, but I virtually always ask permission, going back to Ralph McGehee and my 1996 site, which has led to some amazing exchanges (1, 2).

Ed was LOOT’s editor, and he was happy that I presented those images. LOOT was long-defunct by then, and Ed was happy to see some of LOOT survive in my work. One day back then, Ed wrote that what I had done with my site – putting my essays all under one roof – he hoped to do with his work one day. Alas, he never did, as his work is scattered around the Internet. But, frankly, Ed’s output was so prodigious that it would have been quite a task.

When I subscribed to LOOT, Noam was the main attraction for me. I heard of him for the first time the previous year, so I finally got to read the work of this obscure figure. As I have written, it took me about two years to really understand what Noam was saying, as it was so radically different from anything that I had been taught before. In a LOOT issue in the autumn of 1990 was an ad for Ralph McGehee’s book, and reading it was a seminal moment of my awakening.

Ed was not the main attraction for me in those early days, and I had no idea who he was when I began reading LOOT. I began subscribing to Z Magazine a year or two later, and have continually subscribed to this day. Somewhere in those first two years of media studies, I began to gain an appreciation of Noam’s sidekick. Ed’s work was easier to read than Noam’s, and Ed was pretty funny as a writer. Ed had a dry wit, and he dealt with very heavy material, such as genocides. That is not an easy dance, to inject a little humor into such dark material, but Ed deftly did it. I began obtaining books early in my studies, and steadily built my personal library that stands at about 2,000 books today. Manufacturing Consent was probably the first book of Ed’s that I bought, and by the time that LOOT’s final issue came out in 1994, I was decidedly impressed with Ed. It was probably around that time when his monthly articles in Z Magazine became the main attraction in Z for me, and I began thinking about him as Uncle Ed. From 1990 until his death, hardly a month went by that I did not read something by Ed.

When I wrote my site, largely as it stands today, between 1997 and 2002, I used a lot of Ed’s work, such as his The Political Economy of Human Rights, written with Noam. I wrote about the suppression of his first book with Noam, I reproduced Ed’s National Security State propaganda framework, I used Ed’s writings on Yugoslavia, I summarized the propaganda model, etc. He was firmly Uncle Ed to me, by the time that I contacted him in the late 1990s, and Ed did not disappoint as a correspondent.

Ed was not your typical Lefty. He did not have the “conspiracy phobia” that many in the Left did, and Ed was a structuralist extraordinaire. In his Doublespeak Dictionary, Ed wrote about the Magic Bullet and “conspiracy theories.” The cover story of one LOOT issue was about the forged backyard photos of Oswald. Ed was appreciative of my account of Gary’s adventures regarding the JFK hit. Those events had all happened by 2002, which was about the time that I tried interesting Ed in free energy and began trying to introduce him to Brian, to no avail. Ed was far from the only Lefty that I contacted in those days, but on the subject of free energy, only he and Noam ever gave me the time of day. All of the lesser lights blew me off, and I rarely even heard back from them.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 24th July 2018 at 13:45.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Joseph McAree (28th July 2018), Krishna (24th July 2018), kudzy (26th July 2018), Reinhard (25th July 2018), Smell the Roses (24th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 535 FirstFirst 1 279 329 369 379 389 429 479 535 LastLast