Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 10703

Thread: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

1. Link to Post #1621
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,684 times in 7,526 posts

Default Re: WADE FRAZIER : A Healed Planet

Hi:

I am currently reading The Upside of Down by Thomas Homer-Dixon. It is a rather establishment-ish effort, taking at face value the 9/11 events, completely ignorant of Godzilla’s existence, and quoting Lovins instead of O’Leary on energy matters, but it is a fairly good effort, as far as describing the problems in somewhat multidisciplinary fashion.

Homer-Dixon outlines five “tectonic stresses” underlying industrialized civilization, and they are:

1. Population stress arising from differences in the population rates between rich and poor societies, and the spiraling growth of megacities in poor countries;

2. Energy stress – above all from the increasing scarcity of conventional oil;

3. Environmental stress from worsening damage to our land, water, forests, and fisheries;

4. Climate stress from changes in the makeup of our atmosphere;

5. And, finally, economic stress resulting from instabilities in the global economic system and ever-widening income gaps between rich and poor people.

Homer-Dixon acknowledges that energy is the centerpiece issue. His book studies the fall of Rome in particular, but is about the collapse of all civilizations as they run out of energy (a la Tainter, Heinberg, etc. http://www.ahealedplanet.net/hooked.htm). Like so many similar efforts, he is capable of describing the issues, in a kind of white bread way that accepts too many establishment presumptions, but even with his rather run-of-the-mill understanding, the problems that he describes above are very real and looming.

However…

FE can make all of them go away, almost overnight. This weekend, I will get into how FE makes them all go away. One of the most incredible aspects of my journey is seeing learned people like Homer-Dixon capably describing our civilization-threatening problems that hinge on energy, and yet be totally ignorant of the solution to all of it that is here, today.

More this weekend.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2012 at 01:54.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

ajyana (6th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd March 2012), eaglespirit (3rd March 2012), jcocks (3rd March 2012), Jean-Luc (23rd March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), kudzy (4th March 2012), Limor Wolf (10th March 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (3rd March 2012), Patrikas (3rd March 2012), Prayer Warrior (6th March 2012), sandy (3rd March 2012), seko (9th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #1622
    Thanks

Hi:

Here is the rest of that post. Thomas Homer-Dixon, as with other writers on this subject, calls energy the “master resource.” That is because when energy is scarce and costly, in Homer-Dixon’s words, “everything we try to do, including growing our food, obtaining resources like fresh water, transmitting and processing information, and defending ourselves, becomes far harder.” Homer-Dixon further says that, “most of the five stresses spring from our troubled relationship with nature.”

In a brief prelude to my energy essay, all life on Earth is primarily concerned with the acquisition, preservation, and use of energy. The earliest life forms were aquatic and chemosynthetic:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn1

and some eventually “learned” how to capture sunlight. The early life forms were all unicellular. The primary waste product of photosynthesis is oxygen, and a billion years or so of photosynthesis oxidized Earth’s surface. Oxygen is highly reactive and won’t float around intact for long. Photosynthesis made oxygen plentiful, and after everything was oxidized that could be on the surface and in the oceans, oxygen rose to the high atmospheric levels that we take for granted today. That atmospheric oxygen prevented hydrogen from escaping to space through the atmosphere. Otherwise, Earth would look like Mars, with evidence of oceans that long ago evaporated to space.

Oxygen is generally deadly to life forms, but those that adapted to oxygen eventually also “learned” to take advantage of oxygen to “invent” cellular respiration that was nearly twenty times as efficient as anaerobic (oxygen-free) means of generating energy. That great increase in energy output made multicellular life possible.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#aerobic

Today, it is thought that bacteria were enveloped into other unicellular organisms known today as archaeans, and that is where the two primary energy generators in cells came from: mitochondria and chloroplasts:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn2

Those organisms with chloroplasts did not need to move to find their energy; they just had to be in the sunlight. Those organisms became plants. Those without chloroplasts had to move around to get their energy, and they developed muscles to move and became animals.

While the sun’s output is thought to have slowly increased over the billions of years, the energy available to Earth’s life forms has varied widely primarily because of the dynamics of the tectonic plates of Earth’s crust and the atmosphere’s carbon dioxide content. Earth has had hot periods and ice ages, as the energy content of Earth’s surface fluctuated.

Several hundred million years ago, which is a recent event on the geological time scale, multi-cellular life forms began to colonize land. It is now thought that the effects of the colonizing life forms actually led to the appearance of rivers, and life terraformed Earth’s land. Those chloroplast-bearing life forms led to the colonization of land, and they eventually learned to grow above the surface. It is thought today that they originally learned to grow upward to spread their seeds, but it also became a way to outcompete other plants for sunlight. Plants eventually “learned” how to grow the polymer lignin and grow taller and not be dependent on water pressure to keep them upright, and trees were born. As trees grew, they created a still-air boundary layer between the atmosphere and the land, which became the haven for Earth’s land-based ecosystems. Captured sunlight powers all land-based ecosystems, and the run-off of organic matter via the rivers is also what provides a significant proportion of the nutrients for ocean-based life.

Land-based ecosystems host nearly 100% of Earth’s biomass today. The life forms that developed muscles because they did not have chloroplasts ate the plants, which is called grazing. The ones with muscles learned to eat each other, too, which is called predation. Some plants “learned” to develop a symbiosis with animals that has yet to be exceeded; flowering plants provide energy to animals via their fruit, and the animals spread the seeds without harming the host plant.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#flowers

Over the eons, land-based ecosystems have gone through several phases, as different life forms dominated. About 65 million years ago, an asteroid impact killed off the dominant animal class, dinosaurs, and a previously marginal animal class, mammals, came to dominate. Some tree-dwelling mammals developed paws that could grip tree limbs, and primates were born.

When some primates learned to harness fire, they began the path to humanity:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#fire

Their brains grew, they walked upright, and they eventually attained the social organization and technological prowess to become the planet’s most fearsome predator, and they expanded their range across the planet.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#predator

They quickly killed off all the easy meat, and when that was gone, they domesticated plants, animals, and each other. The local and stable energy supply provided by domestication led to social hierarchies and what we call civilization.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#domestication

But that entire journey rode atop the energy situation. Humans learned to concentrate energy in fires to smelt metal. Before humans learned to smelt metal, the only non-life-form tools that they used were stones and ice. Smelting metal enabled humans to easily deforest the land and plow the soil to produce plants that provided human-digestible energy. Such practices wreck the ecosystems, however. A short-term energy gain resulted in a long-term ecological disaster. A forest used to run virtually unbroken from Morocco to Afghanistan, but it is long gone, largely replaced by desert, as Fertile Crescent humans removed the forests and kept the land denuded, which even changed the climate in those deforested lands. Most of the Amazon’s rainfall, for instance, is recycled from the rain forest largely via plant transpiration, and does not come from the oceans. Deforestation, plow agriculture, and grazing ungulates created positive feedbacks that exacerbated the dynamics, creating the arid conditions that we see in many places around the world today. The “solution” has been to pump water from below the land. That level of water extraction is only possible today by using the energy provided by fossil fuels.

With civilization came economic hierarchies, which resulted in political and social hierarchies, because there was not enough to go around. In an agriculturally-based economy, people are primary assets, especially for those further down the hierarchies, and women’s status universally declined with the advent of civilization (they were good at breeding workers, which became an enforced status, similar in ways to slavery). Being a great ape, men have always dominated the species due to their superiority in inflicting violence, but it is not a universal condition. The bonobos found themselves in an economy that allowed for different social organization that overcame the male penchant for violence, and bonobo social life revolves around sex and cooperation, not violence:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#bonobo

Humans are between bonobos and chimpanzees, as far as the relations between the sexes goes. Becoming sentient has been a mixed bag, however. Monkeys and apes are social animals. Social behaviors are largely survival-oriented, and that social heritage deeply influences humans today, as herd behaviors predominate in many ways. From way back in humanity’s past, it was fleetingly realized that physical reality is only part of creation, but as humans were domesticated and elites appeared as they clawed their way to the top of the hierarchies, they invented organized religion, which always justified the status of the elites, who always engaged in conspicuous economic consumption as a mark of their status (harems, palaces, bejeweled crowns, corpulence, spectacular grave goods). Just like all ecosystems ride atop the energy situation, so do all economic systems. The problems of elites are as old as civilization.

However, the increasing energy use of industrialized societies made many oppressive institutions obsolete, such as slavery and the systematic subjugation of women.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn7

All people desire freedom, happiness, sex, full bellies and the like, but in a world of scarcity, there is only so much to go around, so while many institutions and ideologies that justified economic hierarchies have vanished into history, others are still around:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#dominant

The hyper-elites know the game they are playing, and they have been managing the scarcity game on a global scale for long, long time. It has become a science at their levels, and I have run into them and borne the brunt of their antics:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#seattle

They are real, but they really are a symptom of humanity’s condition, not a cause, even though when they focus on taking out individuals, the individuals do not really stand a chance. They are well-heeled parasites, for the most part, and really do not know how else to be. Their primary goal is keeping the Great Herd asleep and easily manipulated, and, so far, humanity has obliged them. While they can keep the lid on disruptive technologies, FE chief among them, that make the very idea of elites obsolete, they will stay in their position, although their position is becoming increasingly untenable, partly because of the vast damage that humanity is doing to the very ecosystems that support them. It is reaching runaway conditions, and it is possible that without those suppressed technologies coming forward, humanity is going to fall off the rails soon, wiping itself out and taking a much larger fraction of the ecosystem with it than it has already.

But to return to Homer-Dixon’s list in my previous post:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post440998

How could FE impact those tectonic stresses? First and foremost, energy stress would disappear, and all the other stresses are directly dependent on the energy situation, which I will briefly summarize here. The ecosystems damage is entirely related to how we derive our energy, from “harvesting” the oceans and forests of their energy-driven bounty to razing the forests to plant crops, to grazing animals, to the damage that mining does (with FE, there would not be any mining waste, as all elements are useful, and mining waste directly reflects the point where the returns on energy use diminish to where it is not worth it to further refine the mined material). All fresh water exists due to the solar-powered hydrological cycle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle

Humans, like our great ape cousins, are designed to eat fruit. It is our ideal food, but as we migrated beyond our natural range, we engaged in many practices that led to sufficient calories (at an awesome price to the ecosystems) but was not really what humans were designed to eat. The root and seed crops that provide most of humanity’s dietary energy are far from ideal foods, and have led to a great deal of human health problems. Also, the crowding and filth of cities has bred disease since the dawn of civilization.

The global variation of energy availability that we call “seasons” is why humans have such impoverished diets. With FE, fruit and any plant food imaginable can be grown in indoor environments, anywhere people want them, such as on Mars, if they wish. The thin layer of the ecosphere would no longer need to be commandeered in the service of the human lifestyle.

Solve the energy scarcity problem, and the problems of ecological damage, economic scarcity and the resultant hierarchies, even the very idea of rich and poor, would quickly vanish. Urban environments exist primarily due to energy scarcity. Cities are really energy-concentrating devices. With FE, as abundant energy is locally produced, anywhere anybody wants it, the perceived need for cities will largely vanish. The urban phase of humanity will be seen like the hunter-gatherer phase or the phase where slavery and the subjugation of women was seen as “natural.”

With FE, the world can look like this before long:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/visions.htm#roads1

I am shooting to raise enough awareness in enough people to catalyze the transition to a world where realities like that become feasible. It can only happen if energy is abundant, and energy abundance has proven to be a virtually unimaginable idea to the vast majority of humanity (and the global elites actively foster that blindness), and I am just trying to make the idea thinkable.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/scarcity.htm

I just sketched a tale that my upcoming energy essay with plumb in some depth. What I wrote above is about how I see the situation, in its broad strokes. The advent of FE would be the biggest event in the human journey so far, by far:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#chart

Everything else that is happening on the human scene right now is just noise, and little of it is pleasant noise.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, but wanted to get this post launched.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2012 at 15:11.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (3rd March 2012), David Hughes (4th March 2012), Debra (14th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd March 2012), eaglespirit (3rd March 2012), gripreaper (4th March 2012), Isthatso (5th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), kudzy (4th March 2012), Limor Wolf (15th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (4th March 2012), Patrikas (4th March 2012), sandy (3rd March 2012), Scott (4th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #1623
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi:

Here is the rest of that post. Thomas Homer-Dixon, as with other writers on this subject, calls energy the “master resource.” That is because when energy is scarce and costly, in Homer-Dixon’s words, “everything we try to do, including growing our food, ...

Humans, like our great ape cousins, are designed to eat fruit. It is our ideal food, but as we migrated beyond our natural range, we engaged in many practices that led to sufficient calories (at an awesome price to the ecosystems) but was not really what humans were designed to eat. The root and seed crops that provide most of humanity’s dietary energy are far from ideal foods, and have led to a great deal of human health problems.

Best,

Wade
    Wow Wade, I am just stunned by your comprehensive overview. What a journey you just took us on - from single celled life to life with FE. Wheeeeeeeeee! :~)

Of all the things to pick out of that essay, I got sidetracked on one minor point. If this opens a food debate, or (worse) a vegan vs omnivore debate in the middle of your thread, I will apologize and spin off a new thread to keep us all from being waylaid. The point I got sidetracked on was the one I highlighted in the snippet of your post that I quoted.

Perhaps you could just point me to the material that would help me understand how fruit alone could meet human dietary needs. In her book Green for Life, Victoria Boutenko makes a compelling case that humans should look to wild chimpanzees for dietary lifestyle advice, and shows that chimpanzees eat a diet of nearly half greens and half fruit (with the occasional twig and insect thrown in for fun.) Following this book is a new dietary experiment for me, and has just begun, so I have no time-tested conclusions. I have been vegan for a couple of decades, but fell into the trap of cooked foods, including lots of roots and grains.

Again, if this is too distracting in this thread, I'll start (or you can start) another thread, maybe here or here. I just love your mind (well, the rest of you too!), and want to tap into your source or experience for making the above statement.

Since I concur with bonobos on the ideas of making love not war and on cooperation rather than competition, maybe it's time to find out what wild bonobos eat. :~)

Gracias, amigo.

Dennis

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

eaglespirit (4th March 2012), Isthatso (3rd March 2012), Limor Wolf (15th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (4th March 2012), Patrikas (4th March 2012), sandy (4th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #1624
    Thanks

Hi Dennis:

Humans cannot eat just fruit, at least not very well. People have subsisted entirely off of bananas, but I would not recommend it. The great ape diet is about two-thirds fruit. The rest is leaves, seeds and the chimpanzee is the most carnivorous great ape, with a few percent of its diet meat and insects. They are also the most violent great apes. Humans began eating a lot more meat as they migrated past their natural range, and some theories have meat eating causing the expanding human brain, although it is controversial.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#_edn4

The evidence is pretty strong that humans have evolved to eat cooked food to some extent, but that comes with big downsides, too. The ideal human diet is probably about half fruit, about a quarter vegetables, and the rest the higher density starch and protein foods, most of that being cooked, although it certainly does not need to be meat. Cooked food is a different issue than processed and preserved food. Food processing and preservation is where a lot of the toxins in the human diet arise, as well as all the industrial age chemicals.

Big subject, but that is a start.

Best,

Wade

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (3rd March 2012), Debra (14th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd March 2012), eaglespirit (4th March 2012), gripreaper (4th March 2012), Isthatso (4th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (15th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), sandy (4th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #1625
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Gasp - Wade you must both speed read and speed type, non? Ditto Dennis' comment, I am amazed at how much you cover...whew. Have added that author to my book list.

Just added to mine, "Dies The Fire" trilogy by S.M. Stirling. I am on p. 18 and after an MP blast - from as yet undisclosed - not only is the grid out, but even watches, batteries and flash lights don't work. Wow. I didn't know about that. Planes fall out of the sky - well I'm sure the rest of the mammoth disaster is apparent. Looking forward to how our hero gets through the three books.

Then I'd like to look at Thomas Homer Dixon. Have a great weekend!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

eaglespirit (4th March 2012), Limor Wolf (15th October 2012), sandy (4th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #1626
    Thanks

Hi CdnSirian:

I don’t think I read that fast, but I probably do, comparatively. I read a great deal of intellectually-challenging material, so I doubt that I read much of it quickly, unless I am reading different perspectives on similar subject matter, then it takes less time to digest. It was not until I looked at one of Homer-Dixon’s notes that I realized that I read one of his other books a few years ago, Environment, Scarcity, and Violence. The guy lives in Toronto, and I sometimes catch a whiff of the White Liberal Male bias in his writings, so you are warned.

That said, multidisciplinary works on the trajectory of civilization where energy is front and center is subject matter that everybody should be acquainted with, as that is the back of the beast that everybody in the civilized world is riding on, whether you work in an office building or live on a farm. That is a big thrust of my upcoming essay, but I obviously take it further into the big arc of the journey of life on Earth. The bigger the picture we can all see, the easier it is to avoid getting lost in the weeds. The devil is in the details, too, and that is partly why you see so few comprehensivists running around. It takes a lot of work. Fuller proposed a comprehensivist curriculum that some schools have actually followed. The race between education and catastrophe is on, for sure.

Actually, I have poor small motor control, so my typing skills are atrocious. That is a big handicap in playing the high tech game, for sure, but I compensate in other ways and squeak by.

P.S. I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy, and I have seen Stirling's stuff in the bookstore but never took the plunge. Might take a peek one day.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2012 at 05:34.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (4th March 2012), eaglespirit (4th March 2012), gripreaper (4th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), kudzy (4th March 2012), Limor Wolf (15th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), sandy (4th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #1627
    Thanks

Hi:

Before I run of to work, I want to present my view in light of the above:

As it sketches, and as all the comprehensive perspectives that I have seen echo, energy is the name of the game on Earth and always has been. Going from our fossil-fuel powered civilization to an FE-based one will dwarf all previous epochal transitions of the human journey:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#chart

Nothing else comes close. I am not into Kaku’s way of seeing it, such as controlling all of the energy in a solar system or galaxy, which seems a bit grandiose. Humanity living abundantly and harmlessly on our little orb is plenty to have on our plates.

When you begin to see the big picture and the juncture that we are at, all retail politics, “protest,” and the million branches that people hack at become pretty pointless, and is like fighting over who gets the best berths on the Titanic. If we don’t solve the energy issue, and pronto, the rest will not matter. When people begin to understand that the technology exists to not only make those “tectonic stresses” evaporate overnight, but to also make Earth look something like this in short order:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/visions.htm#roads1

but we don’t get any right now because Godzilla is busy playing the power-and-control game over humanity, and about 99.99% of humanity is completely oblivious, content to chase their self-interest above all else, it can be a heavy load to bear. Many people have poured their awareness into 80-proof bottles of solace and other dysfunctional coping mechanisms when they begin seeing the big picture. When Brian O asked if humanity was a sentient species, it was a fair question, knowing what he had been through:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ins#post425888

When people get past denial of FE:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#level1

which is rarely, they nearly invariably then go through various fear and denial phases regarding the FE situation, including thinking that they can sneak past Godzilla or pretend that he is asleep or dead, or can be defeated in battle, and they can become the Bill Gates of Energy, etc.

Arriving at an enlightened and productive understanding of the issues and potential is like walking the razor’s edge, and requires a comprehensive perspective. I call it Level 12:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#level12

Tunnel vision won’t work, but it characterizes a great deal of the activism that I have seen, and some is understandable because they have to focus to survive the minefield, because few can survive for long. I have had to cart the corpses off myself, so I know what they are up against. But, I came to realize, after a long time, that the standard routes of activism and capitalism do not have a prayer on this playing field. Because almost nobody even wants to see the big picture, my task is not an easy one, but I did not see anybody really even trying. Brian kind of did, but his perspective was influenced by his American nationalist indoctrination and his self-admitted co-dependent relationship with Washington D.C., which is common with virtually every American FE activist and inventor that I have encountered. We are all force-fed the red, white and blue Kool-Aid from our cradles:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/america.htm#flag

and it is very difficult to shed our scarcity-based indoctrination in its many flavors:

But people can’t reach Level 12 while dragging that baggage with them. They have to let it go, even if it has given them comfort over the years. Until enough people can walk that razor’s edge to Level 12, all FE activism is likely doomed, as the very few with the right stuff to play that game are easily picked off, one at a time, if their “allies” don’t take them out first. Awareness first, then action, but awareness comes from experience and few can survive getting much FE experience, so I am trying something a little different:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#developing

and we will see how it goes.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 4th March 2012 at 20:31.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th March 2012), David Hughes (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), eaglespirit (4th March 2012), Elly (6th March 2012), gripreaper (4th March 2012), Isthatso (5th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (5th March 2012), Ol' Roy (5th March 2012), Patrikas (4th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012), Scott (4th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #1628
    Thanks

Hi:

In looking at Homer-Dixon’s list:

I see that I could have been more explicit about the climate change aspect. With indoor farms and dwellings that can be made as durable and portable as we can imagine, whatever Earth decides to do does not matter much, as far as human welfare is concerned. Humans will no longer be at the mercy of the weather and natural disasters. But that does not mean that we don’t clean up our mess. With FE, the current 392 PPM of atmospheric carbon dioxide could be brought down to the pre-industrial 280 PPM fairly rapidly, if we wanted to. Likewise cleaning up all dumps (we would mine them), hazardous waste facilities and the floating garbage patches in our oceans:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch

would be easy and even fun to do. I would happily spend time on that job. There would not be any human drudgery in any of it, but the wise implementation of technologies that can clean up our messes pretty easily. Earth would like it, too.

Also those global economic stresses would disappear. The stresses are all energy-scarcity-related, including the exploitation of cheap labor the world over by the capitalists. With free energy, computers and robotics, with great advances on the robotics and computing end also kept under wraps like FE is, as is advanced materials science, cleaning up our mess would be child’s play.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 5th March 2012 at 05:15.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), eaglespirit (6th March 2012), Isthatso (5th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (5th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #1629
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Wade

Great posts as always and love the site.

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of anyone (individual or group etc) that have attempted to advertise the general concept of free energy out there at a grass roots level in the past and how they attempted this? I'm not talking about a particular device but the concept alone as you are championing?

I remember your story about about handing out leaflets to a show Dennis and you were holding and only 30 or so turned up. I'm wondering if there's any other ways to go about this (in addition to what you're doing now) to slowly get the message out there. Even if it's seeing a FREE ENERGY sticker plasted somewhere, and then more info over the course of time.

I suppose the aim would be to trickle feed the concept into people's conciousness with more and more detail until the point is reached where people are demanding to know why the heck this isn't being developed on-mass and why all those patents are sitting there repressed.

Kind of like how people on the net currently describe something as going viral or 'trending'. Yep there's Godzillla, and I'm under no illusion that he could be tip-toed past or battled 1 vs 1, however, get enough people aware and pissed off and you suddenly have a swarm of nats biting Godzilla's ass from every direction and he doesn't know where to turn or strike first.

Basically, awareness on-mass of the concept and possibility of free energy, as you've mentioned before and what you're trying to do now (correct me if I'm wrong).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerge For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #1630
    Thanks

Hi Nerge:

Well, I am punch drunk from my day in the office, so I will happily reply, “No! I am not trying to get a swarm of gnats going, and I am not really shooting for mass awareness right now.”

This is what I am trying to do, briefly:

1. Help people think comprehensively, so that they can see how central the energy issue is and always has been ( see above https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post440998 ):

2. Use my “credentials” as somebody who has been on the free energy front lines to help convince people that organized suppression of disruptive energy technologies is not some “conspiracy theory,” but all too real (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#make );

3. Further use my credentials to help convince people that it is not all just suppression happening, but free energy and related technologies already exist and have probably been around for longer than I have been alive (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/camelot.htm#underground );

4. Help people see what those suppressed technologies are capable of accomplishing in the right hands (ours ) (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#advanced );

5. Help them see that just lending their awareness to the issue is what is desperately needed right now, not would-be warriors and other gnats who want to take on Godzilla (or tinkerers who want to sneak by him), but just those who can maintain a loving, intelligent awareness and focus on what is important;

6. If I can help get several thousand Earthlings thinking in that way, and even just discussing it at an intelligent level (I am only asking that about 0.0001% of humanity achieve that state), it can help catalyze another hundred thousand to get there - they will be the awake and the awakening of humanity;

7. If that many people devoted about 1% of their effort toward the problem in a somewhat coordinated fashion, overcoming the organized suppression would be easy.

That is all that I am trying to do. That might seem easy, but it has never been done before (or even tried before, as far as I can tell), and it is incredibly difficult, because the people who can get to that fifth level listed above are less than one-in-a-thousand in the general population. More than 99% of humanity is simply in denial, and not just about FE, but about most of how our world really works. They sold out their hearts and awareness in exchange for security, or so they think. They will begin to wake up to FE when it is delivered to their homes (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#machiavelli), and are no help at this stage.

I wrote about handing out those flyers to help make the point that I have been there and done that, and eventually saw how futile it was. There has been plenty stated and written about what Dennis and I were doing in the media and on the Internet, but it is mostly just lies about what we were doing, from national TV shows (this is just one of several than have been on in recent years https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ine#post412345 ) that feature lying “skeptics” (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/skeptic.htm ), and lying scientists (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#libel), and many pretenders who think they are contenders. When your own mother saves those lying articles about her “criminal” son (https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post400492 ), then you begin to see how the swarm of flies ends up seeking the steaming piles instead of harrying Godzilla.

More to write, but not tonight. Going to bed now.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 6th March 2012 at 16:24.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

eaglespirit (6th March 2012), Isthatso (6th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), kudzy (6th March 2012), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), Mike (6th March 2012), Nerge (9th March 2012), Patrikas (7th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #1631
    Thanks

Hi:

Before I rush off to work, I want to reiterate for the hundredth time what I am not trying to do.

1. I am not trying to inspire garage tinkerers to “secretly” make an FE gizmo in their garages. You can’t do to secretly, not from Godzilla (although I hear from foolish newbies all the time who think they can), it is lot harder than the would-be tinkerers would have you believe, and playing the secrecy game is self-defeating.

2. I am not trying to get some kind of mass movement going, and by that I mean trying to attract the attention of people watching their favorite TV show who flip the dial to some FE spectacle for a few minutes before flipping back to what the Kardashians are up to now.

3. I am not trying to get people stampeding after some FE business opportunity; such herds are easily stampeded in whatever way Godzilla wants them to go. You cannot out-herd the master shepherd.

4. I am not trying to raise money to get some FE inventors and scientists in a room to go at it. Been there, done that. That is easily taken out, and such efforts usually self-destruct in orgies of greed before Godzilla even needs to roll out of bed.

5. I am not trying to wake up my friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to FE. If you find one in a hundred among your friends and family who really get it, other than attacking and ostracizing you, you are doing well. If you try doing it at the office, then you had better plan for what your next job will be, and fast.

6. I am not encouraging anybody to quit their day jobs to go chasing after FE along the many avenues that have been tried; for those who want to sacrifice their lives on the FE altar, they need to go someplace else to throw their lives away, like look up Dennis.

7. I am not trying to find a new target for “protestors” to focus on, or get people to approach Wall Street, the White House, the Pentagon and other perceived “power spots,” beseeching them about FE. Been there, done that, several times, and it is a fear-and-victim-based awareness that goes those routes, and the game is rigged, believe me. It is time for a love-and-creator-based awareness to manifest. Without love being the centerpiece, no effort stands a chance.

Those are all avenues that I am not pursuing. I have either participated in all of those avenues or watched others try. They are all either dead ends or insanely risky, and I am trying to do something different. There are no five-minute solutions to this conundrum.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 6th March 2012 at 16:24.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th March 2012), eaglespirit (6th March 2012), Gardener (13th March 2012), Isthatso (7th March 2012), jcocks (8th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (7th March 2012), Ol' Roy (6th March 2012), Patrikas (7th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012), seko (9th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #1632
    Ilie Pandia

From Star Wars: "He will learn patience..."

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th March 2012), Isthatso (7th March 2012), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), sandy (6th March 2012)

25. Link to Post #1633
    Thanks

Ah, yes, Master Ilie-wan, the student may yet learn, with time…

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), sandy (7th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #1634
    Thanks

Hi:

I am about to get a very brief break from my work hurricane, where I “only” have a couple of sixty-hour weeks coming up sandwiched between eighty-hour weeks and moving. When I fast during such hurricanes I need less sleep, so I have some time to read (on the bus, usually), and do a little writing. As mentioned earlier, I am reading The Upside of Down, which is mainly about energy and civilization, and uses the Fall of Rome to illustrate its thesis. There is some important original work in its pages, but like the perspectives of typical white males, the book suffers from serious misconceptions about how the world really works. While it echoes one of my primary themes about the human journey:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#succinct

it also makes the case that the three things that we have going for us are science, democracy and capitalism, and the crux of my site may be that all three “legs” of our supporting stool to help us avoid oblivion are false gods.

Similarly to how what we today call Christianity and Islam, for instance, are really the outcomes of political battles engaged in by power-hungry people, and neither religion much resembles the visions of Jesus and Mohammed, what we call science today is a pale imitation of the real thing, and is even an inversion of it at times.

The technologies under wraps today make the physics texts look like cave drawings:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/camelot.htm#underground

The greatest physicists did not buy the materialistic fables that are told in the halls of science today:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#mystical

but a hack such as Carl Sagan promoted materialistic fairy tales while unfairly attacking anything that strayed from his faith:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/dennis.htm#sagan

Microscopes that not only overturn optical theory but show how the founding theories of life itself are deeply flawed:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#rife

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#naessens

have been around for longer than I have been alive, and about all that they have met has been organized suppression by the medical racketeers, which brings me to that other leg of our salvation stool, capitalism. Like religion and science are illusions of truth, capitalism and democracy are illusions of freedom. There is no such thing as a free market, and there has never been a real democracy. They sound good on paper, but have never been seen in the real world, although, similar to the fairy tales of religion and science, the examples of democracy or capitalism presented to us are Big Lies.

As Fuller said, the political actors are puppets of the economic interests:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/roots.htm#economic

The sitting American president, supposedly the leader of the world’s richest, most powerful and freest nation, is nothing but a pretty face, not in the loop at all regarding the vitally important issues of our day:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/journey.htm#presidents

Even CEOs of household-name corporations are nothing more than figureheads, totally out of the loop regarding the important stuff.

Our so-called science, democracy and capitalism are elaborate illusions, and Western children are brainwashed into the fables as ardently as the most indoctrinated child living in a totalitarian society. The way the brainwashing works is to get them while they are young:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/intro.htm#paradigms

and force-feed them the Kool-Aid as soon as they can walk. In a world of scarcity, the brainwashing works, because playing the game offers material and egocentric rewards. It is a trap, and a species-threatening one.

Similar to Gandhi saying that Western Civilization would be a nice idea, so would an enlightened “religion,” or a real democracy, a real free market, a real free press and a real science (the greatest science of all is the science of consciousness). All of those illusions are carefully contrived by the people who really run the world, and you have never heard of any of them. Part of my point is that those people are real; I bore the brunt of their activities when my life’s work became a threat to them:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#hitting

but they are not the root of our problems: we are. It is time to wake up from all the lies that we have been fed from our cradles and grow up and become a responsible species. The sorry spectacles that we see on the world stage today are anything but the actions of a grown-up and sentient species. In order to do that, we need to let go of the comforting illusions, all of them. Anything less will see us trapped into the low orbits of the scarcity-based ideologies that we have all been fed:

The Upside of Down has the energy part right; energy runs the world and always has:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#revolutions

but the author has put his faith in the false gods of our modern indoctrination. The masters say it best: it is all about love. Anything less is the path of disaster. We are really here to learn the lessons of love. And love is the greatest energy of all:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#greatest

It is as simple as that.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th March 2012 at 00:23.

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

cayman (9th March 2012), CdnSirian (10th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2012), DoubleHelix (10th March 2012), eaglespirit (9th March 2012), Isthatso (10th March 2012), jcocks (12th March 2012), JRS (10th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), Nerge (9th March 2012), Patrikas (9th March 2012), sandy (10th March 2012), ThePythonicCow (9th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #1635
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Nerge:

Well, I am punch drunk from my day in the office, so I will happily reply, “No! I am not trying to get a swarm of gnats going, and I am not really shooting for mass awareness right now.”

This is what I am trying to do, briefly:

1. Help people think comprehensively, so that they can see how central the energy issue is and always has been ( see above https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post440998 ):

2. Use my “credentials” as somebody who has been on the free energy front lines to help convince people that organized suppression of disruptive energy technologies is not some “conspiracy theory,” but all too real (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#make );

3. Further use my credentials to help convince people that it is not all just suppression happening, but free energy and related technologies already exist and have probably been around for longer than I have been alive (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/camelot.htm#underground );

4. Help people see what those suppressed technologies are capable of accomplishing in the right hands (ours ) (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#advanced );

5. Help them see that just lending their awareness to the issue is what is desperately needed right now, not would-be warriors and other gnats who want to take on Godzilla (or tinkerers who want to sneak by him), but just those who can maintain a loving, intelligent awareness and focus on what is important;

6. If I can help get several thousand Earthlings thinking in that way, and even just discussing it at an intelligent level (I am only asking that about 0.0001% of humanity achieve that state), it can help catalyze another hundred thousand to get there - they will be the awake and the awakening of humanity;

7. If that many people devoted about 1% of their effort toward the problem in a somewhat coordinated fashion, overcoming the organized suppression would be easy.

That is all that I am trying to do. That might seem easy, but it has never been done before (or even tried before, as far as I can tell), and it is incredibly difficult, because the people who can get to that fifth level listed above are less than one-in-a-thousand in the general population. More than 99% of humanity is simply in denial, and not just about FE, but about most of how our world really works. They sold out their hearts and awareness in exchange for security, or so they think. They will begin to wake up to FE when it is delivered to their homes (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#machiavelli), and are no help at this stage.

I wrote about handing out those flyers to help make the point that I have been there and done that, and eventually saw how futile it was. There has been plenty stated and written about what Dennis and I were doing in the media and on the Internet, but it is mostly just lies about what we were doing, from national TV shows (this is just one of several than have been on in recent years https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ine#post412345 ) that feature lying “skeptics” (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/skeptic.htm ), and lying scientists (http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#libel), and many pretenders who think they are contenders. When your own mother saves those lying articles about her “criminal” son (https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post400492 ), then you begin to see how the swarm of flies ends up seeking the steaming piles instead of harrying Godzilla.

More to write, but not tonight. Going to bed now.

Best,

Wade
    Thanks for the response Wade, appreciated.

I believe I follow what you're saying there and I do see how energy is the key to all of this. So much of our own energy is sucked out of us and our lives simply trying to survive (if you can call it that) instead of really living; living the lives that FE would allow that is.

Do you have any practical suggestions for those who have become truely aware of FE and how central the enegy issue is, on how to spread the message further and to aid in these efforts? (sorry if you've covered this on your site and I've missed it)

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerge For This Post:

Melinda (7th June 2012), sandy (10th March 2012)

31. Link to Post #1636
    Thanks

Hi Nerge:

Good question. Big subject. Yes, there are places on my site where I make specific recommendations, such as here:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#developing

The essay that I have been preparing to write for several years is intended to help people think comprehensively about the energy issue, and I give a preview of it here:

But it is very difficult for people to see the big picture on this stuff, for several reasons, but the most important is whether they want to. That is the most important thing. Not really wanting to understand the big picture is what keeps people in the unawareness and denial levels of the free energy onion:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paradigm.htm#level0

which is where more than 99% of humanity currently resides. After many years of witnessing literally thousands of reactions to the idea of FE, I came to realize that even the dimmest among us can fairly easily glimpse at least some of FE’s ramifications, but it quickly overwhelms them, as the world as they know it would end. They are deeply afraid of that, so their violent reactions of denial can really be something to behold, even if Heaven on Earth can be the outcome of FE’s implementation. The negative reactions can even become more extreme from people who are supposedly trying to solve our energy problems, such as Amory Lovins, leading environmentalists, and even “visionary” efforts such as The Venus Project. Brian O discovered that the hard way back in the 1990s, as he played the Paul Revere of FE:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/paths.htm#revere

and so has anybody else who has played this game at the high levels. My upcoming essay will more consciously comprehensive than this one from ten years ago:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm

which I wrote before being introduced to Fuller’s work:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/roots.htm#fuller

which really crystallized my thinking on the issue of scarcity and abundance. I was being a comprehensivist without knowing that there was an idea or word for it. Once I took in Fuller, the tableau became much clearer for me, and I am really looking forward to finishing that essay, although the prospect can also be daunting.

With that, I will give a little preview of an aspect of my upcoming essay. Whether the study is biology or the rise and fall of civilizations, energy is always the central issue, and there can be interesting and valid similarities. Biologists have come to understand that longevity is directly related to how organisms acquire and use their energy. For animals, the mitochondria are their sole energy generators. Oxygenic respiration produces nearly twenty times the energy that anaerobic respiration and fermentation provide, and made complex life forms possible. But oxygen is highly reactive, and oxidative stress is the primary vector of what we call aging. As mitochondria generate energy to power the cells, they create free radical byproducts, and those free radicals inflict oxidative stress on the surrounding tissue. Free radicals essentially steal electrons from neighboring molecules, and when that happens it disables the molecule that lost the electron. Free radicals damage biological systems in that way. As organisms age, the mitochondria, through reproductive errors, get creaky and throw off increasing amounts of free radicals in proportion to the useful energy molecules that are produced. Think of it like a car’s exhaust. As the engine ages and eventually wears out, it becomes less efficient and more polluting.

There is a rule-of-thumb for mammals that the bigger they are, the longer they live. A mouse and an elephant both have about the same number of heartbeats per lifetime. Birds live far longer than similarly-sized mammals, and the current thinking is that birds are the most energy efficient animals on Earth. Flying is the most energetically-demanding activity on Earth, and birds have lungs that get fresh air on both the inhale and exhale, giving them far more efficient respiration than mammals, which is why birds mastered the air. In order to generate the energy needed to fly, their energy-generating capacity while flying is far greater than when they are rest. Think of a bird as a high performance engine that is usually idling. There is a lot of “slack” in the bird’s energy system, and that capacity that is available but not continually used provides great resilience in the bird’s energy systems, and their mitochondria age far more slowly than a mammal’s does, comparatively, which is why they live so long.

Similarly, a civilization that is always riding the ragged edge of its energy production abilities, without much “slack” in the system, is not very resilient. That is why pre-industrialized societies are as socially rigid as they are, because there is no slack in the system. Everybody had better be helping to grow food (except the king and his retinue, of course ), and they are deathly afraid of a bad harvest where everybody starves. Consequently, there cannot really be much freedom in such a system:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lessons.htm#_edn5

When you start understanding how we all ride atop the energy situation, from Bill Gates to a starving child in Africa, you begin to see the big picture.

My upcoming essay is intended to help people see it, but again, I am not trying to attract the masses’ attention. Pursuing the truth is hard work in our world, and few are really suited to it, and probably only older souls really have much of a chance. Most prefer the comforting fictions served up by the indoctrination systems:

because buying into them can assure the believer a full belly and egocentric strokes. There is more to write, but I need to get on with my chores that have been neglected as I have been working the long hours lately.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 10th March 2012 at 01:46.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th March 2012), DoubleHelix (10th March 2012), eaglespirit (10th March 2012), Gardener (13th March 2012), Isthatso (10th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), Nerge (17th March 2012), sandy (10th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #1637
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    From Star Wars: "He will learn patience..."
    Surely don't you mean "Patience, he will learn"? O.K.! Just messing with you!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Melinda (7th June 2012), sandy (10th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #1638
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wade, thanks for another long reply to - whom/whatever. (not "whatever in the "everything's so boring" way). Our hopes, dreams, visions and power - never boring.

Empathy, re chores. They never go away.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Gardener (13th March 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), sandy (10th March 2012)

37. Link to Post #1639
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

... it echoes one of my primary themes about the human journey:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/upcoming.htm#succinct

it also makes the case that the three things that we have going for us are science, democracy and capitalism, and the crux of my site may be that all three “legs” of our supporting stool to help us avoid oblivion are false gods.

Similarly to how what we today call Christianity and Islam, for instance, are really the outcomes of political battles engaged in by power-hungry people, and neither religion much resembles the visions of Jesus and Mohammed, what we call science today is a pale imitation of the real thing, and is even an inversion of it at times.

Best,

Wade
    This is like listening to some long classical music piece that has a number of crescendos, the crescendos coming in waves.

I have a pretty good feeling that back in the days when community and some family communication involved the telling and retelling of stories around the fire, that the storyteller got better and better at telling the story. I've seen the same with the very best stand-up comedians - who are, of course, storytellers.

Wade, this post had that quality. Like an art object that we might walk round and round, looking from multiple angles, finding the same level and degree of artistry from any angle.

I'm not "blowing smoke up your skirt" (one of my favorite mixed metaphors) or fawning to stroke your ego, but rather letting you know that the work you have put into honing your message (what is called "rhetoric" in a classical Trivium education), is paying off.

Dennis

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th March 2012), eaglespirit (10th March 2012), gripreaper (10th March 2012), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), sandy (10th March 2012)

39. Link to Post #1640
    Thanks

Hi Dennis:

Consider the smoke blown. Yes, my writing has become better over the years, and that is just from doing so much of it. I still have the first book that I wrote in 1991, as therapy to try to make sense of what I survived in Ventura. The basic theme is the same, but the style has certainly matured.

My first and second sites, in 1996 and 1999, had a long way to go, and hiring an editor in 1999 was the best move of my writing career. I learned the lessons of my writing career via her red pen. My writings improved so much after her editing lessons that one professional writer friend doubted that I was the author of my 2002 site.

I write professionally today, but I write technical business documents. I still have a long ways to go. I began to like writing only about ten years ago. It is hard work, and when you are getting all the red ink from your editor, you realize how far you have to go.

I must be getting close to those 10,000 hours that they say it takes to gain competency at any complex task, and making these Avalon posts are indeed helpful in honing my skills and message. Good writing, IMO, is simply writing that gets the message across as efficiently and effectively as possible. Writing about my subject matter is challenging in that I can tell how difficult it is for people to understand it. It comes from a different paradigm, or at least points to one, so, as Ilie and others have seen, I keep repeating the message in slightly different ways. It is also great patience training!

I come from a family of writers, but my ancestors also used their abilities to hurt people, and I think that my job is to help heal the family karma to some degree.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, but might make a post or two.

Best,

Wade

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2012), eaglespirit (10th March 2012), Gardener (13th March 2012), Isthatso (10th March 2012), Krishna (23rd June 2016), Limor Wolf (16th October 2012), Melinda (7th June 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), NeverMind (10th March 2012), Patrikas (10th March 2012), sandy (11th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 536 FirstFirst 1 32 72 82 92 132 182 536 LastLast