+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Must-Read Titles

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Must-Read Titles

Hey, everyone. I'm working on compiling a list of Must-Read books on the topic of UFOlogy and the various other fields it inevitably bleeds into (archaeology, folklore, etc. ). Then I figured, many minds are better than one, so why not enlist some help to make a sort of joint project?

I'm looking for the créme de la créme, books that are widely considered to be cornerstones or of very high quality. The reason being, I'm going to call this list of books The Alarm Clock; books that will wake you up. The target demographic thus being those that are "asleep".

As such, it can't be anything too fringe or woo, as remember, the target audience would be primarily those that are totally materialist in their worldview, or at least, have never given anything esoteric or fringe much thought at all. In other words, I'm looking for educated, rational research and/or science based titles .

Authors like Richard Dolan, John Mack, David Jacobs, etc. Please keep it as objective as possible, since this is meant to sway skeptics, make the average person reconsider their worldview. As such, all titles need to be iron-clad in their research, or at the very least (in cases like whistleblower testimony), the sources, as fully vetted as possible.

Ideally, I'd like this to be the mother of all reference lists, one that people all around me field will be familiar with.

I was thinking of breaking down the list into 3 "levels", if you would.

Level 1 is the bare bones basic stuff. Establishes UFOs as a genuine phenomena. Includes relative proof of government involvement, maybe a book or two about some more of the more well-documented shady government programs to demonstrate they know more than the masses are told to believe. This should be a very gentle list, nothing too crazy yet.

Level 2 assumes you've accepted the reality of UFOs (not necessarily as being aliens, but at the very least, not hallucinations, hoaxes, or lies). It starts to kind of show you that there's a lot more to the phenomena than flying saucers, reverse-engineered craft, or even abductions. Things like details of abductions, historical records...basically opening the door a bit so you can peek inside.

Level 3, you've fully entered the room. No-holds-barred. But still solid, foundational work. Details of abductions like the hybrid program would be some of the basic stuff. Things like the work of Jacques Vallee, could go here. Maybe some relevant work by minds in other fields like Graham Hancock or Bigfoot researchers, so one could start connecting the dots that all fo these phenomena are somehow intertwined.

This is a list that I think is sorely needed. Researching this field is very difficult, and not beginner-friendly at all. I figured we can ease that burden somewhat.

I'd like to keep this thread a sort of living document; it can be regularly updated and books added to the list. That way, any level of researcher or hobbyist can also benefit from it.

To anyone reading this once the list actually exists, feel free to share it wherever. I don't particularly care about credit or anything like that, so no permission needed or whatever. Toss it around like candy.

Anyway, once the first few books are established, I will edit this first post and add the list to it. That way, it will be easy to keep referring back to as time goes on and this thread, hopefully, grows.

Thanks for your help!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th April 2019), Constance (27th April 2019), Franny (28th April 2019), Iloveyou (26th April 2019), Islander12 (26th April 2019), Ivanhoe (27th April 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th April 2019), Nasu (26th April 2019), Patient (28th April 2019), petra (26th April 2019), Robert deTree (2nd June 2019), Rosemarie (1st June 2019), silvanelf (25th May 2019), Star Tsar (31st May 2019), Tintin (31st May 2019), toppy (28th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Must-Read Titles

Tom Montalk's Fringe Knowledge for Beginners did a pretty good job of waking me up.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Constance (28th April 2019), Islander12 (26th April 2019), Patient (28th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

There was an old thread on this with too many titles:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ighlight=books

A lot of newer books seem to regurgitate older books without saying anything new.

Personally I find Dr David Jacob's book - Walking among Us, a must read and reread http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Davi...20Humanity.pdf

I am currently reading: Beyond UFOs: The Science of Consciousness & Contact with Non Human Intelligence (Volume 1)
    https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-UFOs-S.../dp/1721088652

It is an attempt to paint a larger picture of the whole UFO and related phenomena backed by an institution founded by Dr. Edgar Mitchell - FREE. Not an easy read as it is quite large and full of statistics and tables and methodologies but perhaps a most important book - of course I am only 20% through.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th April 2019), Constance (28th April 2019), Islander12 (26th April 2019), Patient (28th April 2019), silvanelf (25th May 2019), Tam (26th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

Also I find books to be too limiting. There are countless "must watch" videos out there and most are linked in this forum (most good ones).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

Constance (28th April 2019), Patient (28th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Intranuclear (here)
    Also I find books to be too limiting. There are countless "must watch" videos out there and most are linked in this forum (most good ones).
    I agree completely. In fact, being raised in this internet age, the vast majority of what I've learned, I learned through various avenues of online research.

But there's some great content to be found out there, and this is really meant to be more of an introductory, Something's Up 101 than a comprehensive roadmap of all things Fortean.

The idea is, once people have read this list, they'll end up doing a lot more research online and find forums like this one.

So for simplicity's sake, I figured we could start with books. They're readily available, convenient, portable, and don't require an internet connection.

If this ends up taking off, we could make a second list for videos, documentaries, podcasts, etc.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Intranuclear (26th April 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (31st May 2019), Patient (28th April 2019), Tintin (31st May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

What kind of archaeology are you interested in?

All of these topics are so massive that it's worth having an overall strategy before you even dig in, in terms of whether you want an in-depth understanding of one particular focus, or a very broad "big picture" understanding. I'm swamped with thousands of ebooks as it is, and I'm having to prioritize in that way. It's impossible for anyone to read every book out there within the current human lifespan.

12. Link to Post #7
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

For level 1, start here:

Above Top Secret-by Timothy Good

Although dated, this is still the best entrance-level crash course for those new coming into this phenomenon. Contains a wealth of research data, documents, and rock-solid witness testimony, from among others, the armed services themselves. Tim Good is still a leading voice in the UFO research world, he's the Richard Dolan of the UK and has been since the 60s. He has a long list of titles going back decades. Yeh, I'd definitely start with him.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Constance (28th April 2019), Patient (28th April 2019), Tam (31st May 2019), Tintin (31st May 2019)

14. Link to Post #8
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    Authors like Richard Dolan, John Mack, David Jacobs, etc. Please keep it as objective as possible, since this is meant to sway skeptics, make the average person reconsider their worldview. As such, all titles need to be iron-clad in their research, or at the very least (in cases like whistleblower testimony), the sources, as fully vetted as possible.

Ideally, I'd like this to be the mother of all reference lists, one that people all around me field will be familiar with.
    You mentioned John Mack and David Jacobs ... Here are some titles related to the topic of UFO abductions.

Quote David M. Jacobs
    The Threat

free book online: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/v.../thethread.htm
    Quote David M. Jacobs
    Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity

printed book
    Quote Karla Turner
    • Taken: Inside the Alien-Human Abduction Agenda
    • Masquerade of Angels

audio book in the Avalon library: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1058524
    online book:https://www.zersetzung.org/kt-books
    Quote Barbara Bartholic
    The Story of a UFO Investigator

pdf: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/a...vestigator.pdf

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Tam (31st May 2019), Tintin (31st May 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

It may sound a bit off topic, but I would suggest for your list (probably a level three!) a recent book called DMT Dialogues: Encounters with the Spirit Molecule.

My reasoning is that a strong cross over between the psychedelic experience and extraterrestrial phenomena exists. There are many similarities between information gleaned from altered states of consciousness and what sincere “contactees” report learning during their experiences.

The book I mentioned is one of the more concise, yet curious, titles on the subject - and there are thousands to sift through!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

earthdreamer (3rd June 2019), Tam (31st May 2019)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Variant (here)
    It may sound a bit off topic, but I would suggest for your list (probably a level three!) a recent book called DMT Dialogues: Encounters with the Spirit Molecule.

My reasoning is that a strong cross over between the psychedelic experience and extraterrestrial phenomena exists. There are many similarities between information gleaned from altered states of consciousness and what sincere “contactees” report learning during their experiences.

The book I mentioned is one of the more concise, yet curious, titles on the subject - and there are thousands to sift through!
    Ooh, thank you, Variant! I like the Level 3 idea, I'm actually going to add it in. As for the psychedelic thing...it's not all that off topic, really, considering how there's clearly an interdimensional layer to the whole ET thing (for lack of a better term, we will call them ETs to keep it simple), and DMT, in my opinion, has you explore any given dimension first-hand.

Another book on the topic of psychedelics, to add to it, would be "How To Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan. I 100% recommend it, it's truly unbiased in the best possible way. Scientific, open-minded, written by someone mainstream yet highly reliable and intelligent who is on their way to being more, aware, shall we say. In other words, a perfect contender for this list.

Side note, sorry I haven't been on this thread at all, life just kind of suddenly got very busy.

To anyone wanting to learn more about the interdimensional ETs thing would best start looking at the work of John Keel first and foremost, and then, Jacques Vallee.

I'll add some specific titles to the list.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam For This Post:

earthdreamer (3rd June 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    What kind of archaeology are you interested in?

All of these topics are so massive that it's worth having an overall strategy before you even dig in, in terms of whether you want an in-depth understanding of one particular focus, or a very broad "big picture" understanding. I'm swamped with thousands of ebooks as it is, and I'm having to prioritize in that way. It's impossible for anyone to read every book out there within the current human lifespan.
    Hey, sorry for the late reply, promise I didn't snub you, just got unexpectedly swamped.

When it comes to archaeology, any kind, really, that explores or at least seriously considers the possibility that either A) Humanity was a hell of a lot more advanced way back in the day than conventional wisdom would have us believe (think Sumeria, Egypt as some of the more obvious contenders) or B) ETs/what we think are ETs were influencing the people of that time directly.

Right now I'm not looking so much for an in-depth understanding, just an introductory list for someone who is still mainstream in their paradigm but is either starting to kind of figure out that there's something more to this world/reality than you can see at face value, or has the potential to figure it out.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam For This Post:

silvanelf (31st May 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    When it comes to archaeology, any kind, really, that explores or at least seriously considers the possibility that either A) Humanity was a hell of a lot more advanced way back in the day than conventional wisdom would have us believe (think Sumeria, Egypt as some of the more obvious contenders) or B) ETs/what we think are ETs were influencing the people of that time directly.

Right now I'm not looking so much for an in-depth understanding, just an introductory list for someone who is still mainstream in their paradigm but is either starting to kind of figure out that there's something more to this world/reality than you can see at face value, or has the potential to figure it out.
    Take a look at this short video from Brien Foerster. Afaik it would be at least very difficult to drill that hole through the stone using modern tech.

23. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Good categorization Indigris. Certainly useful for evaluating the field. Bright Garlick is working on a book regarding his personal contacts with a being of the Naelsa race. I believe it will make a valuable addition to the field. http://etandi.wordpress.com He's very different to most people in the field.

+ Reply to Thread