Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bill Ryan

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Bill Ryan

-----------

This has become a very strange thread!

Almost no-one has understood exactly what darkstar was saying, or why. Kinsuemei2 completely misread him! I fully agree with him, but I think he already knew that.

Non sequitur: My "Idiots on YouTube" comment is now infamous, and has often been taken out of context. It comes from this one minute video, which is great fun:

But - there is a preponderance of idiots who post comments on YouTube. Reading the current batch of comments is instructive... with some exceptions, it's like a baying mob with a hive mind: astonishing and just a little bit scary to witness.

The unintelligence is palpable. That sounds like a cheap put-down - but I'm afraid it's true.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Fredkc (14th January 2011), Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), Icecold (14th January 2011), John Parslow (8th January 2011), kinsuemei2 (8th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

No Bill you're absolutely right; we have to separate the simple fact of a lack of intelligence from the connotations of condescension associated with it. Some people are just unintelligent — an unpalatable truth is a truth nonetheless.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Limor Wolf (13th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

I'm glad you decided to post Darkstar.

Certainly there are all sorts of creative ways to present the same truth.

One way is to present it with a fist, forcing your comrade to become aware of its righteous fury.
    You do this in love because it hurts you to see your peer at such a lack of realization.

Another way is to present it through allegory, enticing your partner to become aware of its true nature.
    You do this in love because it hurts you to see your peer at such a lack of realization.

People fear death because they love life. People invoke death because they love life. People love life.

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kesom (here)
    their called pauses scott but well done very smart of you,they'll be impressed i'm sure lol
    Surely a pause would use a comma, or a long pause would use a full stop or period. At best they are ellipses... rarely more than three dots are required.

p.s. It's they're, not their.

Ha, don't listen to me, I'm only yanking your chain!
    Last edited by ScubaMonkey; 8th January 2011 at 01:43.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaMonkey For This Post:

SKIBADABOMSKI (14th January 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It is fun, and yes I often look at You tube comments and quiver, but I also accept that many comments are from people that are underage and "troll" as they say simply for the sake of it, also the unchecked level of hate groups on you tube is astounding it's insane. and looking back at my post, yes I think I might have misread Darkstar, I would like to hear more from him though.

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

A few words on the parabel of "turning the other cheak"
    as used by Christ and others.
    The classic interpretation is as follows : ( often misunderstood or falsified )

You have two cheaks ( sides to your personality.)
    The soft side and the hard side.

You allways try to meet the world with the soft side.
    If someone hits you on that one, you turn them the other.
    Last edited by noxon medem; 12th February 2011 at 03:19.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Caren (14th January 2011), HORIZONS (8th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The only thing i have to say about Bill Ryan is at least hes trying to do what he feels is right, and reguardless of my personal views he at least opened my eyes to many intelligent ideas, that deserve alot more thought than most people are capable of at this time.
    Everyones own intellectual level is different and rarely seen.
    Even bad information should be appreciated, and given that hes alot more open and available than most.Im at least gonna try to consider him sincere when i dont see the clear picture..
    After all if Galileo lived in the digital age, he might of at least been able to see some people.
    Few if any.
    That didnt watch the sun revolve around the Earth daily.Underneath a mountain of negativity .
    I dont see why theres a reason to think beyond the work you do Bill, thank you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xm15e2 For This Post:

Shane_Original (8th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by noxon medem (here)
    A few words on the parabel of "turning the other cheak"
    as used by Christ and others.
    The classic interpretation is as follows : ( often misunderstood or falsified )
    You have two cheaks ( sides to your personality.)
    The soft side and the hard side.
    You allways try to meet the world with the soft side.
    If someone hits you at that one, you turn them the other.
    Actually Noxon most people have four cheeks. Just an observation.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

Caren (14th January 2011), noxon medem (8th January 2011), ScubaMonkey (8th January 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Lol @ Ahkenaten... maybe we have two soft sides and two hard sides then lol...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Caren (14th January 2011), Limor Wolf (13th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    Actually Noxon most people have four cheeks. Just an observation.
    Yes, Ahkenaten, I know.
    But(t) normaly the other
    two are hidden .

Good thing I didn't mix in this one:
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

And, if you were serious,
    I just expanded on the dual
    logic that is allready contained
    in the parabel. The Other...
    Last edited by noxon medem; 8th January 2011 at 05:22.

18. Link to Post #31
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    No Bill you're absolutely right; we have to separate the simple fact of a lack of intelligence from the connotations of condescension associated with it. Some people are just unintelligent — an unpalatable truth is a truth nonetheless.
    This reminds me of a Golden rule..

Nagging is the repetitive speaking of unpalatable truths...

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Stumbled upon this thread, in the backwaters of the roaring stream of this periode,
    - and thought it could be even more usefull, if expanded and a bit redefined.
    I suggest the Avalon Forum can use this thread for personal (person to person)
    - Reflexions, advice, comments and constructive criticism directly to Bill Ryan.

Let me say here, that I trust you a lot, Bill, as a man of integrity and honest intensions.
    And am amazed, with respect, of your energy, determination, and results. Amongst others ...
    A lot of the weight and credibility of the "Rulers"-story depend on you, I know you know,
    and your trusted assosciates and contacts. You self have had a big change of perception the last half year,
    as described by below quote, so you can appreciate that many here need more time and info to go down the same road.
    So this thread could also be used to air and/or clear up things of more abstract emotional nature,
    concerning that, and you.

If those issues exist in the "forumers", this is a good time to do it.

If, for the common forum participants, like me, there is here a tricky chain, or layers, of trust, and even trust by proxy. And beyond.
    And that in a landscape, involving characters, where we know for a fact that deception and lie is on top of the toolbox.
    Maybe in the past it was the most convenient, and now they (and we) are stuck, or even trapped, in that game.

- A reflection :
    "Dropping a rock in the pond" as you so precise and profoundly put it, was maybe good for a litmus-test, but then what ?
    Were following developement so unpredictable ?
    To my mind a Catalyzing event is a closer description, or complementary to the Litmus-methaphore.
    ( speaking of Catalyzer, I want to post something about cats, but later. Interesting story )

You, and the inner group, who have a headstart on the rest, and then so suddenly, on a relatively unprepared forum,
    introducing a "trusted" spokesperson ("Charles") for (or of) these "evil" controllers, having caused so much suffering and pain, or so the story goes ..
    ( and plainly announcing they want to sicken and kill most of humanity, not forget )
    Given a so high potensial of causing strong, emotional, private and negative outbursts, that was a calculated risk, even here on this civilized forum,
    and the range of initial responses should clearly be expected.
    ( and I think it relatively fast cooled down, and now the tone is essentialy nice and tempered.)

Real or not, the "Rulers" know that they are objects of many negative projections and comments,
    maybe they deserve it, for being so secrecive, and ... ( but that aside )
    they (should) know that kind of perception and opinion is strong, not least in the "alternative community"
    ( because they have to be smart, in their own way, to be where they are, - that is a sound basic logic)

I will freely admit that I personaly could not stomack reading through all the
    youtube comments regarding your 1.1.11- interview with "Charles" on the "Rulers"
    I can understand if they expected (hoped) we would act better then the people on this forum:
    ( also go to show they are used to a bit of ruffient debate, in the U.K. :-)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=k7_hPRisHe8
    - this have to be fair use of a youtube-clip.

I basicly trust you, Bill Ryan, and partly even Charles, but behind that
    it is very unclear and shady to me at the moment, naturaly.

We are now it seems in a kind of intermission, breathing, in the process. The progress ..
    - Thought it good for this sort of thing to come up now, and not
    at a later point, when the focus should be somewhere else, and very different.

On top of all that comes trusting one self. Very tricky and complex position (towards that situation) indeed.

I see that you (or rather it, the situation ..) require here a leap of faith, or a period of suspended judgement, as eloquently put by another.
    I am familiar with the concept, and its cousin the willing Suspencion of Disbelief,
    a temporary contract between producers of movies and plays and their audience.
    Necessary to enjoy and enact in the presented illusion, or story.

My second, a more ironic, guessing of the delayed video is that they saw the generaly
    high standard of intellect and conduct here on the forum,
    and want to make a new version, with a proper (higher) content of thruth, data and story for us.

Since the "Rulers"-material and the "Charles"-interview was released, there was
    a faint echo in the back of my mind. Found the source back yesterday, and it directly inspired
    this post, and suggested, additional use, of this thread.
    The idea somewhat supported by Bill, if my interpretation of the quote is correct.
    A quote from someone I basicly trust, enough to take him up on a challenge.
    Bill Ryan, Post #4, 23rd July 2010 18:30, on this thread:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Gulf-oil-leak

Quote Re: Could this be the real reason for the Gulf oil leak?????????

-------------------

Swanny, I'm afraid this is nonsense. I addressed this quite some time ago.

To all: please - if you possibly can - familiarize yourself with all the posts and discussion on the forum on this topic before posting more stuff that is just not true and which helps no-one.

Please be smart and do your research. That's what we expect of Avalon members... not National Enquirer hysteria.

I understand that there are a bunch of threads to check out (all on the same Gulf Oil Disaster UPDATES sub-forum) - but so much of this has been covered before. It would take you maybe 10 minutes to see if this has been discussed earlier.

The material is not new and comes from this forum here. The person who made the video is simply reading the forum post:

http://shtf411.com/bp-illusion-of-a-...ill-t7065.html

That dates from 20 June - over a month ago.

"My sources go straight to the top." (he writes)

This is loose, generalized nonsense, written by someone trying to impress. Ask any geologist.

Avalon and Camelot sources do NOT "go straight to the top" (they never do). If I ever wrote something as woolly as that, I'd expect people to question me hard.

The asphalt volcano notion is the theory of the person who wrote the post, and he's seeking to bolster it by inventing a source.

He may or may not have interesting information to consider (although this is definitely not an asphalt volcano), but by pretending that he's heard it from an insider I think that he discredits himself.

Meanwhile, the spill is very real... not an illusion! (Ask Kindra Arnesen...)
    The specific lines in remembrance are emphasized by me, and call for a little comment, Bill ?
    - I would also like to emphasize the friendly, even humouros, notion motivating this post.

Going from that point of view, to where you are today,
    my question to Bill could be :
    In the autumn of 2010.
    What (when) was your "tipping point" ?

All well to you, Bill, and All.

Last edited by noxon medem; 12th February 2011 at 03:32.

20. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by darkstar (here)
    people who, I am sure, consider themselves 'spiritually evolved' or at least on the way towards it. You should realise that you have a long way to go.
    I say this a lot in my posts also and this almost exact statement just recently got me banned for a week (when one of these delusional "spiritually evolved" people had a qq over what I said). There are so many people on this forums who claim they are some how spiritually evolved and try to give people new age advice and state it as fact rather then their delusions, humans were given emotions for a reason and the "Passive" oh don't fight back or get angry people has no place in this world unless you are actively seeking to be enslaved.

Good on bill for chewing some one out, some times its completely appropriate especially with some of the nonsense i see peddled on this site. People have traded the sheep mentality of TV and the mainstream with a sheep mentality of new age documentaries and alternative news and have never developed any kind of bull crap filter at all, then have the nerve to say they are some how above someone else.

Its actually quite funny to watch people defend there statements by telling some one else to read or watch something they read or watched as proof of their statements truth when they have ZERO idea that what they watched or read was correct in any way shape or form.

AS i said they have traded one sheep mentality for another and are only wrecking any creditability that this community had with their crack pot ideas with no proof of anything.

If you are offended by the truth then this area of research is not for you ... telling some one the truth about what they are saying (as in its bullcrap) should not be a bannable offense on these forums as it has clearly been in the past. I was recently banned just for having a differing opinion then a mod and a few of his mates, then when I asked for an explanation of the ban I got a sarcastic response and my ability to even ask him questions was removed ... now where do we see this type of behavior ??? hmmmmm (OMG that guy has a differing opinion shut him up, shut him up)
    Last edited by Loki; 14th January 2011 at 01:55.
    Being offended is for people not smart enough to make a logical retort. myself 2009

21. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Quote I was recently banned just for having a differing opinion then a mod and a few of his mates, then when I asked for an explanation of the ban I got a sarcastic response and my ability to even ask him questions was removed
    Hi Loki,

You were put on read only for a week, you were not banned from the forum.

Your infraction was for Insulting and causing disruptive behavior.

This is a private party, INVITE ONLY. We expect all members to act accordingly.

You either did not read the Forum guidelines or you took no notice of them. I will draw your attention to these ones in particular:

RESPECT:

Disagreeing with various points or topics is natural, however we do require that our members be treated with respect. If a member’s conduct is seen to hurt the community spirit of the group and persist even after warnings to desist, they will be unsubscribed. Generally individual posts will be moderated first, and thus not appear on the forum, before the member is unsubscribed.

3. POSITIVITY

1. All members are expected to contribute to the positive energy and attitude of the forum. While healthy debate is a traditional and integral part of all critical inquiry, members are expected to be open-minded, committed to learning, and responsive to well-intentioned feedback.

2. Anyone who does not appear to be in alignment with the purpose and energy of the forum may be asked to leave.

Now that you are familair with how this forum operates I expect this 'argument' to stop.

Regards

Ross

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (14th January 2011)

23. Link to Post #35
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

method of presentation

24. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    Hi Loki,

You were put on read only for a week, you were not banned from the forum.
    Incorrect .. i could not access the forums or even get into my notifications, i couldn't not access the forum to read anything ... the mod removed my access to anything.

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    Your infraction was for Insulting and causing disruptive behavior.
    I did not personally insult anyone.

I was not disrupting the conversation as a few who did not get banned were arguing the same point i was i was in direct flow with the argument.

I made a few general statements which are nothing that hasn't been discussed on here before and in Project Avalon videos.

The mod was clearly abusing his power and BANED yes BANED me from access to the forums for disagreeing with his point of view, I couldn't even have a reasonable conversation with the mod in question because as soon as i questioned why i was banned he removed my access from the forums and gave me a smart arse response.
    Last edited by Loki; 14th January 2011 at 03:48.
    Being offended is for people not smart enough to make a logical retort. myself 2009

25. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Back on topic please.

Ross

26. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Loki,

I have PMed you, please read. I remind you also
    Quote Now that you are familair with how this forum operates I expect this 'argument' to stop.
    Now, back on topic.

Ross

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Scott (14th January 2011)

28. Link to Post #39
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

(Deleted by member for being off topic)

Off Topic Clarification:

MODS are the administrator's staff on a BB, they are needed to keep order and to make sure posters follow the rules of the board. They are necessary when members react with their hearts instead of their heads. Sometimes a discussion can become heated. That's human nature, it often happens.

For several years during the early 2000s I administered my own Bulletin Board in the US, at a time when the US citizenry was really going ape over 9/11. There was a lot of hysteria and many hot heads. It was hard work. If any member got the impression from my post above (now deleted) that I was not showing respect to the mods, that was incorrect. I support the MODS completely and respect their role.

To Loki: You need to not take this to heart. You weren't banned, the MODs were thoughtful in their approach to your breach of the rules. If you were invited here there must be a good reason.
    Take that onboard and resume your communication without the angst. If a member's view is getting to you its probably better to ignore them and move on to a topic you'd like to discuss. You can still disagree with someone by using a good argument free of insults.

End of off topic clarification....
    Last edited by Icecold; 14th January 2011 at 12:56.

29. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

My suggestion is to merge all future threads regarding Bill Ryan's person into this one thread. That way, those of us who don't feel the need to read about this can easily choose not to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast