+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Bill Ryan

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Bill Ryan

I have been following Bill Ryan for a couple of years since I first happened upon the Project Camelot videos on Youtube. I had no intention of ever registering on the forum until I read a couple of threads the other day where Bill came under personal attack, with certain individuals demonising him for his passionate defence of some of his good friends.

Bill is a man of great integrity, intelligence and loyalty. Nobody should ever question that.

Many people, including some members of this site, believe themselves to be spiritual people, talking a load of mumbo-jumbo trying to sound enlightened. All this, 'turn the other cheek', 'be passive' nonsense will not get you anywhere in life. The people who believe in these mantras are total walkovers. Sheep, for want of a better word. Destined for mediocrity.

The posters attacking Bill for his outburst are living in a dreamworld; they are emotionally weak. It is totally dishonorable for any person to stand by and let people they care about be defamed, especially in public on something as far-reaching as the Internet. Anyone this weak of mind will not survive.

Bill has achieved what he has because, in addition to having the 'positive' traits of being a nice guy, articulate, honorable, knowledgeable, seeking the truth, he also displays what we consider some of the 'negative' traits such as anger and the ability to use cutting words. Far from detracting from his character, it makes him a very well-rounded individual. Balanced, because he has his positively oriented goals but he is no walkover. If he was weak, he wouldn't have got anywhere near as close to the truth as he has done, so you should all be grateful for him.

Many of you need to understand that positive and negative, good and bad are at opposite poles along a continuum. The balance is between the two. Everything in the universe is of the positive and the negative: birth of stars, death of stars; love and hate; happy and sad. Without the dark there can be no light. This is basic. Don't crumble when you see people display 'negative' traits ('positive' and 'negative' are subject to individual interpretation): understand why they are doing it.

To post this defence of Bill was the only reason I joined the forum and if this is the last post I am allowed to write, then I am happy with that. His treatment has been appalling and committed by people who, I am sure, consider themselves 'spiritually evolved' or at least on the way towards it. You should realise that you have a long way to go.

My last words are to Bill: you are doing a fantastic job and I will continue to watch you with a great deal of interest from the shadows.

2. The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to darkstar For This Post:

000 (7th January 2011), 42 (7th January 2011), ace (28th January 2011), Adaiahsshadow (28th January 2011), Arrowwind (7th January 2011), ArtyCarl (7th January 2011), ASIA (15th January 2011), Atticus (24th January 2011), bashi (7th January 2011), bennycog (15th January 2011), Bill Ryan (7th January 2011), Bright Garlick (14th January 2011), Caterpillars Lens (28th January 2011), Corncrake (7th January 2011), CyRus (24th January 2011), Dream (7th January 2011), Enquiring1 (14th January 2011), Equinox (24th January 2011), EsmaEverheart (14th January 2011), Ethereal Blue Being (23rd January 2011), Fred259 (28th January 2011), Gajanana (28th January 2011), Garry Irwin (14th January 2011), Generous (7th January 2011), Globetrotter (8th January 2011), grannyfranny100 (8th January 2011), Heart-2-Heart (14th January 2011), Icecold (14th January 2011), Isthatso (7th January 2011), John Parslow (7th January 2011), JohnBlues (8th January 2011), jorr lundstrom (2nd February 2011), kari (15th January 2011), ketikoti (29th January 2011), KosmicKat (7th January 2011), LiveFree (24th January 2011), Mandala (9th January 2011), meeradas (14th January 2011), MorningSong (7th January 2011), NancyV (7th January 2011), noxon medem (4th February 2011), paul1972 (9th January 2011), Sebastion (7th January 2011), selaviv (7th January 2011), Shikasta (7th January 2011), SKIBADABOMSKI (14th January 2011), slipknotted (24th January 2011), Sol Va (7th January 2011), StephenW11UK (7th January 2011), str8thinker (8th January 2011), Terra (15th January 2011), tgn333 (25th January 2011), theguardian (8th January 2011), vericocha (7th January 2011), yaksuit (8th January 2011), Zook (7th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Default Re: Bill Ryan

While I agree with what Darkstar says, I would recommend not limiting yourself to the nuggets of information that Bill digs up. His work with Kerry in giving whistleblowers a chance to get their messages out, letting the audience assess the validity or otherwise of the messages should be a model of information dissemination for the internet age. But at the same time it is up to every one of us to do our own research, compare and contrast. Verify whatever you can. As Richard Hoagland says, "the lie is different at every level". I suggest that the corollary is that "the truth is different at every level". Not meaning to suggest that the truth changes, but what we see of a larger truth certainly varies depending on where we happen to be when we see it.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

ASIA (15th January 2011), Ba-ba-Ra (7th January 2011), Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), irishspirit (7th January 2011), Mike (28th January 2011), ponda (14th January 2011), Sebastion (7th January 2011), StephenW11UK (14th January 2011), tgn333 (25th January 2011), truthseekerdan (7th January 2011), Zook (7th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Well said.

Equally, I would extend the above sentiments to many here who hold contrary views/visions to that of Bill ... but are just as decent, honest, committed, justice-oriented, benevolent, knowledgeable, wise - well, let me just unload the entire set of lexical descriptors for the enlightened (here and now). Of course, balance behooves me to also add this: and at times, failing to achieve in full or wise measure, those same qualities.

ps: All in all , I think we've navigated the contentious issue of Charles rather satisfactorily. I mean, everyone here on Avalon still has their heads and wits about them. Certainly, there have been Charles in the historical record that have not been as fortunate figuratively or literally (e.g. Charles I).
    Last edited by Zook; 7th January 2011 at 14:19.

6. Link to Post #4
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by darkstar (here)
    The posters attacking Bill for his outburst are living in a dreamworld; they are emotionally weak. It is totally dishonorable for any person to stand by and let people they care about be defamed, especially in public on something as far-reaching as the Internet. Anyone this weak of mind will not survive.
    My view on that is that we can, and should attack ideas/views/comments, trying to argument the attack. However, we should never attack the person behind, that is, ad hominem arguments. It is not exactly the case here but close enough to have raised more than one eyebrow. Bill Ryan, being the founder of PA, has even more responsibility than regular members because his words carry much more weight. We are humans though, and these days emotions ride high.
    Last edited by Wood; 7th January 2011 at 17:14.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (7th January 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

I have been following Bill Ryan for a couple of years since

Many people, including some members of this site, believe themselves to be spiritual people, talking a load of mumbo-jumbo trying to sound enlightened. All this, 'turn the other cheek', 'be passive' nonsense will not get you anywhere in life. The people who believe in these mantras are total walkovers. Sheep, for want of a better word. Destined for mediocrity.

What a very arrogant view you have sir!

To sign up to this forum to express such contempt for people that have spent a very long, = and dedicated path to obtain the enlightenment in which they now enjoy, is borderline destructive.

Why you feel that you have the right to trample of peoples belief and system of living because they choose to express this in defence of themselves and there beliefs is beyond me.

To say one is emotionally weak because they choose not to believe everything that they read, watch or are told is only showing your own weakness and willingness to be lead.

For anyone to take anything that people discuss in these interviews as 100% truth; is a follower and a grasper. Do you own research, find your own answer, discover your own truths.

Yes, Bill has done extremely well in getting this information out in a manor that will appeal to everyone. Bill has done this is an intelligent and respectful way, delivering interviews that are not about him, but the source.

However, to say that people do not have a right to question this, whether at this, or other forums, is nothing more than an attempt at censorship, which if I understand, we are all again and indeed, was responsible for killing Avalon 1.

Be Safe

Irish
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Arpheus (7th January 2011), ASIA (15th January 2011), astrid (8th January 2011), bennycog (15th January 2011), BrianEn (7th January 2011), Celine (7th January 2011), DawgBone (7th January 2011), Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), jasonzwsa (14th January 2011), kesom (7th January 2011), Ontarioguy (7th January 2011), shijo (29th January 2011), Smith (28th January 2011), StephenW11UK (14th January 2011), truthseekerdan (7th January 2011), Wood (7th January 2011), Zillah (7th January 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Thank you irishspirit !I agree with your point of view.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

ASIA (15th January 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

you only joined to say that,well i think your intentions of joining to defend someone's integrety, who, by what you've said, you know from youtube video's say's it all about your intentions in coming here and say peeps here are livin in a dream world and your saying you know bill has great integrity, intelligence and loyalty........................................... how could you know this..........

man if we took how people come across on video sher mel gibson would be one step down from god..........................

i think if we hav'nt noticed anything else this week we've noticed that bill is more than capable of standin his own ground................

has the join up censorship been changed,i was under the impression that to join here you have to fill in a questionare so that bill/mods can see if your worth inviting to our little party here .....................and you got in just to say that which is basically stirring up old arguements.................

it seems its all down to who's ankle your grabbing around here which is wrong in so many ways..............................but on the cause must go

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Hey kesom

You..........................might want..........to clean......................your.....................keyboard........to............fix the sticky...................keys
    Formerly Known as Aztar
    Spectrum Radio Network co-Host

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

their called pauses scott but well done very smart of you,they'll be impressed i'm sure lol

15. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

If Bill feels the need to express anger go for it Bill!

Anger is not the issue. We all have anger and push any fuzzy newage or "enlightened" one hard enough you will find it.

To be human is to have the capacity for anger, and fear I might add. They are emotional guideposts and tools to reflect how you perceive the world and to give you the energy to do something about it.

Emotions should not be repressed but expressed. How we act though that emotion determines our capacity for manefesting wisdom and enlightenment. Bill spends most of his time channeling his energy to good work. To withhold emotions is to stiffle ones total energy system, and cause disease.

Strong anger and fear can be destructive, but rightly guided by heart and intellect they can be a motivating force for great and positive change.

I trust Bill has right heart and intellect.

An angry rant in defense of a friend is hardly worth discussing.

Lets talk about the guys with nuclear bombs and chemical weapons...
    The child molestors and racial hate mongers
    The GMO producers and the energy controllers.

Even Christ got angry at the money changers!
    Give it a break!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Holly Lindin (14th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,451 times in 32,921 posts

------------

Anyone can become angry - that's easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right reasons, and in the right way - that is not easy.

Aristotle

18. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Astra (14th January 2011), Caren (14th January 2011), Celine (7th January 2011), EsmaEverheart (14th January 2011), Ethereal Blue Being (23rd January 2011), Fred Steeves (14th January 2011), Gajanana (23rd January 2011), grannyfranny100 (8th January 2011), Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), Limor Wolf (13th January 2011), LiveFree (24th January 2011), Mike (28th January 2011), noxon medem (4th February 2011), Sebastion (8th January 2011), silentghost80 (14th January 2011), Smith (28th January 2011), Star Gazer (24th January 2011), StephenW11UK (14th January 2011), Wood (7th January 2011), Zillah (8th January 2011)

19. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Bill Ryan is doing a good job, there is no doubt about it. Also, one can respect the defence of friends. One can argue about where we were on the spectrum of necessity on that one until the cows come home, but I don't want to any more - what is done is done. Are we not past this one now? It was not the first, and it probably wont be the last, but at least we are moving forward - and right now this forum is the most interesting it has been in a long time.

None of us are perfect

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 7th January 2011 at 22:13.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Richard (7th January 2011), Ross (7th January 2011), Sebastion (8th January 2011), Wood (8th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Quote The posters attacking Bill for his outburst are living in a dreamworld; they are emotionally weak.

As I read darkstars above quoted sentence, I did not read it as
    Quote To say one is emotionally weak because they choose not to believe everything that they read, watch or are told
    As I see it, our personal interpretation of the written word can cause mis-communication of what the writer is trying to convey.

Just my humble opinion

Ross

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (14th January 2011)

23. Link to Post #14
    NinjaPhil

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ------------

Anyone can become angry - that's easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right reasons, and in the right way - that is not easy.

Aristotle
    Agreed, I've not been here long so I'm sad to say that I don't know you all as much as I'd like to yet but from an outsiders viewpoint reading what went on I was personally upset about the dowsing post and relieved when Bill stuck up for the whistle-blowers. The problem with the internet is that it allows people to post very damaging comments from the safety of distance and dissociation and a comment like that will make a lot of people instantly think - without even speaking to these people or maybe even watching the videos - believe that these people are liars.

I'm not saying that I 100% trust them all, or that I follow anything Bill or whistle-blowers say to the word but I do believe that the debate should be in a decent and appropriate way. I think it is absolutely important that there is discussion and investigation on all topics and that everyone should do what they can to find out for themselves, but wouldn't it be better if we could do this in a less aggressive way?

I think we are all awesome people here which is one of the main reasons I finally signed up and whilst there has been a tremendous amount of intelligent posting since the Charles video I am slightly worried that rather than investigating the new situation, there has been this element of side-track instead. Debate is good, lets focus on the future - what does the Charles video mean, how does it really change things and how do we continue the dialogue in a meaningful way that is beneficial to both parties?

I hope as a new member I haven't upset anyone with this post, I genuinely think you are all amazing people and emotions are riding high in this new situation. If I have tread on anyone's toes, please feel free to PM me.

Phil

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NinjaPhil For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (14th January 2011), Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), NancyV (8th January 2011), Ross (7th January 2011), yaksuit (8th January 2011)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ------------

Aristotle
    well who could argue with aristotle lol

bill what i said was no way directed at you,it just pisses me off that people who only have the intention of contributin to arguements get to have a say here,i dont post much myself cause i realise so many people could be wrong so i just try and gather as much info as i can from here and sorta think my own things about it all,i do try and push people to be a bit nicer to each other the odd time and thats my lot i guess

i completely understand you gettin piossed off over the dowser and speakin your mind to him,i know what its like to have good friends and damn anyone who says a bad word about them so i applaude you for standing by there memory it shows strength of carachter,especially in your position as forum admin or founder should i say

and not a pause in sight,just for you scott lol

peace and love everyone

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kesom For This Post:

norman (18th January 2011), Scott (7th January 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Hi darkstar, I guess you chose that name for a reason.

What is truth for you, might not be necessarily for me or anyone else for that matter...
    Truth is respecting other people too. For you might be irrelevant, as for me is truth.

Do not accept anger, fear, condemnation, and do not carry it in your mind. Try to live and enjoy the 'now moment'. A 'better world' starts with changing the self first.

Be blessed my friend ~
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

Holly Lindin (14th January 2011), noprophet (7th January 2011), Zillah (8th January 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think darkstar is a great movie

"Hey Guys How can it live like that when its just full of air?"

"Goody for you you,ve volunteered to clean the elevator shaft. Explosive bolts will release the floorplate in five seconds"

"Try Phenomenology"

"I think I've found it I think I've found a way"

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kesom (here)

and not a pause in sight,just for you scott lol

peace and love everyone
    Great big HUG!!

Just for you kesom
    Formerly Known as Aztar
    Spectrum Radio Network co-Host

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Post:

kesom (8th January 2011)

32. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

darkstar, Bill is a good guy, we have the right to say what we feel, for example, I think Bills words when talking about "you tube' and David Ickes hand was a bad generalization when he called them the idiots on You tube... I use you tube lol, But even though there are many idiots on there were not all idiot's,

But see I don't see that it's bad to say, I disagree with that generalization, but also I know on that same hand that Bill is man enough to let that slide off his back, he is more than capable of handling himself, this was just an example ok? I know it's great to defend your hero, and to be honest Bill is one of mine but I do not always agree with him, it's not a crime, I know that he will not always agree with my point of view at times but that does not mean that point of view is not understood,

The importance here that you have missed is that this is Avalon, we have many people with many views, gamesmanship is always welcome, as is intellectual debate, there is no point in attacking the founder of this forum, because truth be told if people were really attacking Bill each and every Avalonian here would stand beside him, shoulder to shoulder, and that I do believe, and if darkstar you were attacked I would call you my brother and stand with you, but when two brothers fight, let them sort it out, it's best not to take sides, but to ensure that the foundations are strong even after a tussle, I hope you understand what I am saying here, because it's important.

bu and I don't think he has been attacked by people unless there is something I am missing, due to the latest interview people are questioning his judgement in this matter, not everything but this particular interview, but also we do not have the intel or facts that Bill does.

I think it sufferers from Pete Peterson syndrome, it was an important interview indeed, but a lot of the juicy stuff was off record, and if people can read between the lines it's too bad because at this stage in the game we can't break down every single syllable and spoon feed hint's and tips, Bills latest interview was full of information, but you have to break the water to find them.

After a rough couple of months we stayed the course, we have showed resolve, some left, some stayed, some left and came back it's all good, but don't just join up to attack a great man whilst trying to belittle the people, that man works so hard to provide for and help educate, at least stay, make post's and I ask you to test your mettle in this environment, because this not always love and light and you have to have thick skin at times, but don't be the critic that watches the battle from the hill and the ride down and shoot the survivors, simply join the battle and look at you feet afterwords.

33. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

As an edit, I will ask that you look up Morihei Ueshiba, and look again at love and light, Aikido is about passive action, and sometimes being passive against a overwhelming force will cause the force 's energy to destroy itself through deflection. Being a great martial artist is about knowing when to attack, and knowing when to be still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast