+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your thoughts on Denzel Washington Interview?- Inspiration from spirits

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Your thoughts on Denzel Washington Interview?- Inspiration from spirits

https://youtu.be/jXoo_WhC3jE

I am not quite sure which forum category to post this..

Any thoughts of this snippet of Denzel Washington’s 60 minutes interview? It is just a few seconds long starting at 0 min 47 seconds.

The only place I could find this interview was in a Christian video so please don’t let that distract you if that’s not your thing

I am asking this because I’ve read/heard many quotes from popular musicians and artists that allude to the idea of (quite a few) major artists receiving either material or performance ability from outside themselves (often mentioned synonymously with meditiation) and am intrigued by the perspective that many people within this forum hold as people I typically associate with don’t have much of an opinion.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Jax_realm; 29th April 2019 at 22:57.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jax_realm For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019), toppy (30th April 2019), waree (1st May 2019), yelik (30th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

Default Re: Your thoughts on Denzel Washington Interview?- Inspiration from spirits

I suppose this is also true of some mathematicians and physicists.
    For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namagiri_Thayar
    Srinivasa Ramanujan credits his mathematical findings to the Goddess of Namagiri. According to Ramanujan, she appeared to him in visions, proposing mathematical formulas that he would then have to verify. One such event was described by him as follows:

While asleep, I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood, as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing.
    I guess when you think about it we are all connected with everything in the universe, so tapping or tuning into other forms of knowledge whether they are correct or not should not be surprising. After all, that is what a radio does, and the mind is so much more powerful.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th April 2019), Constance (1st May 2019), Denise/Dizi (1st May 2019), Jax_realm (30th April 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019), meeradas (30th April 2019), toppy (30th April 2019), waree (1st May 2019), what is a name? (30th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,687 times in 640 posts

Default Re: Your thoughts on Denzel Washington Interview?- Inspiration from spirits

I would not be surprised if method acting was a way of drawing in spirits to help their performances.

Imagine if I went around pretedning to a pychopath, sending out a very low vibration. It wouldnt be long before a negative hitch hiker would have attached itself to me.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st May 2019), Denise/Dizi (1st May 2019), Jax_realm (1st May 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Is what it is.

Jax you may be interested into checking out Akiane....something. Can't remember her full name. She claims she heard gods voice as a child and he told her to paint and so she did. She is an absolute prodigy. She's older now, 20s I think, and makes millions off her paintings. The images/video of her painting at 8yrs old is jaw dropping.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st May 2019), Constance (1st May 2019), Jax_realm (1st May 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

The magical power of intuition.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st May 2019), Constance (1st May 2019), Jax_realm (2nd May 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Is what it is.

Jax you may be interested into checking out Akiane....something. Can't remember her full name. She claims she heard gods voice as a child and he told her to paint and so she did. She is an absolute prodigy. She's older now, 20s I think, and makes millions off her paintings. The images/video of her painting at 8yrs old is jaw dropping.

Thanks Strat! This young girl has a most remarkable gift, talent and skill.

This is a short video on Akiane Kramariks life to date.

The Prince of Peace - Akiane painted this when she was eight years old.

Attachment 40506
    Last edited by Constance; 1st May 2019 at 22:00.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st May 2019), enfoldedblue (1st May 2019), Jax_realm (1st May 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019), Strat (1st May 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wow thanks, mind blown
    Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Is what it is.

Thanks Strat! This young girl has a most remarkable gift, talent and skill.

This is a short video on Akiane Kramariks life to date.

The Prince of Peace - Akiane painted this when she was eight years old.

Attachment 40506

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jax_realm For This Post:

Constance (1st May 2019), ljwheat (2nd May 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Thumbs up Re: Your thoughts on Denzel Washington Interview?- Inspiration from spirits

Quote Posted by Intranuclear (here)
    I suppose this is also true of some mathematicians and physicists.
    For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namagiri_Thayar
    Srinivasa Ramanujan credits his mathematical findings to the Goddess of Namagiri. According to Ramanujan, she appeared to him in visions, proposing mathematical formulas that he would then have to verify. One such event was described by him as follows:

While asleep, I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood, as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing.
    I guess when you think about it we are all connected with everything in the universe, so tapping or tuning into other forms of knowledge whether they are correct or not should not be surprising. After all, that is what a radio does, and the mind is so much more powerful.
    yes : I do agree, about 18 years ago listening to the art bell radio show, he was interviewing a fellow,,(during the great Florida fires) short version, had the listening audience close their eyes, and spread, out there arms and slowly squeeze them back together, all the time imagining moving all the moisture the sky and onto the existing out of control forest fires. no rain in the for weeks forecast ,,,, and the fires were put out.
    meditation on one thing, on a grand scale. WORKED....... we are powerful indeed.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd May 2019), Constance (2nd May 2019), Jax_realm (2nd May 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,402 times in 10,153 posts

As a published BMI affiliated songwriter whose music is available on vinyl, CD, and DVD, I can confidently say I've never written a song in my life. I was just the first to hear it. The phrase I've always associated it with was 'tapping into the ether'.

On a good night, when the band is on, the music plays itself. I look at my fingers and am amazed at what I am doing at that moment.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Constance (2nd May 2019), Jax_realm (2nd May 2019), Justplain (2nd May 2019), meeradas (2nd May 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That blows my mind. I’ve read about so many major artists like Bob Dylan and Sting saying things to similar affect. If you don’t mind me asking, are you meditating when you “hear” your song for the first time or do you take part in any spiritual specific disciplines in order to be “in tune” in order to these receive these songs?

Also, if you care to answer this one, why do you think a spirit would bother to give you (or any one else) a song/acting ability etc?

Have always wondered this stuff a lot. Thanks for mentioning.

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    As a published BMI affiliated songwriter whose music is available on vinyl, CD, and DVD, I can confidently say I've never written a song in my life. I was just the first to hear it. The phrase I've always associated it with was 'tapping into the ether'.

On a good night, when the band is on, the music plays itself. I look at my fingers and am amazed at what I am doing at that moment.
    Last edited by Jax_realm; 2nd May 2019 at 04:22.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jax_realm For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd May 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

I believe John Lennon said (paraphrase) 'who knows where they come from, but the words and music just appear in your head'. I would think that this is often the person tuning into something 'out there', not necessarily a spirit coming and transmitting a musical message, tho that can possibly happen as well.

In the songwriting I have done, the music and lyrics usually start with a feeling and the lyrics follow, produced from an intention to express a certain mood along with ideas that go along with that mood. I heard Eric Clapton once describe how he gets his creativity, and it was something like he puts himself in a certain emotional space and the music flows through him from there.

So creativity can be a very emotional experience, although the intellect is intricately involved. And powerful art triggers these emotions in the observer, and if powerful enough, triggers a cathartic event.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd May 2019), Constance (2nd May 2019), Jax_realm (2nd May 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,402 times in 10,153 posts

Quote Posted by Jax_realm (here)
    That blows my mind. I’ve read about so many major artists like Bob Dylan and Sting saying things to similar affect. If you don’t mind me asking, are you meditating when you “hear” your song for the first time or do you take part in any spiritual specific disciplines in order to be “in tune” in order to these receive these songs?
    No
    I don't understand it myself
    Maybe Mr Washington is right

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Jax_realm (2nd May 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)

I've heard it called getting out of your own way

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Any thoughts of this snippet of Denzel Washington’s 60 minutes interview? It is just a few seconds long starting at 0 min 47 seconds.
    The only place I could find this interview was in a Christian video so please don’t let that distract you if that’s not your thing
    I am asking this because I’ve read/heard many quotes from popular musicians and artists that allude to the idea of (quite a few) major artists receiving either material or performance ability from outside themselves (often mentioned synonymously with meditiation) and am intrigued by the perspective that many people within this forum hold as people I typically associate with don’t have much of an opinion.
    Fundamentalists think that anything that isn't done in Jesus' name is satanic. If you say "I had a vision," then you are talking to Satan. If you say "Jesus gave me a vision," you're OK.

27. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Not sure it’s like that but thanks for the input
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)

Fundamentalists think that anything that isn't done in Jesus' name is satanic. If you say "I had a vision," then you are talking to Satan. If you say "Jesus gave me a vision," you're OK.

+ Reply to Thread