Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The spiritual or emotional aspect of physical disease

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default The spiritual or emotional aspect of physical disease

Hello to all,

I have some questions on how to help a person recover from physical illness by treating also the spiritual or emotional aspect of a person.

Its no secret to us that the human aspects goes hand in hand. They either help or burden the others. Thus treating a sick person will be taking a look at each of these aspects. I believe I have gain enough knowledge to treat the physical aspect but the emotional aspects, I am counting at the mentors of these group to learn from.

So, example I have a cancer patient to attend to how do I start with the emotional aspect.
    Shall I bring in a coach?
    What sort of expert ( we are all experts of some sort in different fields) do you recommend? How do I find them?
    If I cant find that type of person How do I fill the role or can I?

have a nice day

Julian
    Last edited by Bubu; 5th May 2019 at 22:04.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

AriG (5th May 2019), Constance (5th May 2019), Iloveyou (6th May 2019), Inaiá (5th May 2019), Mike (5th May 2019), Omi (5th May 2019), Pam (5th May 2019), Rich (5th May 2019), toppy (5th May 2019), Wind (8th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Default Re: The spiritual or emotional aspect of physical disease

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Hello to all,

I have some questions on how to help a person recover from physical illness by treating also the spiritual or emotional aspect of a person.

Its no secret to us that the human aspects goes hand in hand. They either help or burden the others. Thus treating a sick person will be taking a look at each of these aspects. I believe I have gain enough knowledge to treat the physical aspect but the emotional aspects, I am counting at the mentors of these group to learn from.

So, example I have a cancer patient to attend to how do I start with the emotional aspect.
    Shall I bring in a couch?
    What sort of expert ( we are all experts of some sort in different fields) do you recommend? How do I find them?
    Julian

Julian, dear heart for being a palliative care giver. Bless you and the work that you do.

First and foremost, it is important to remember that your charges don’t fear being dead- that’s the easy part. What they fear is that terrifying moment between life and death, the letting go. Will it be physically painful? Will they feel abandoned? Will they feel the struggle for the last breath? or will it be like drifting off to sleep wherein one literally loses consciousness, thus permitting vital bodily functions to cease?

So all you can really do is be that warm comforting hand that guides them into the next life with love and empathy
    ❤️

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Mike (5th May 2019), Omi (5th May 2019), Rich (5th May 2019), toppy (5th May 2019), Valerie Villars (5th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

According to ACIM sickness is a choice based on the false belief in separation:

The acceptance of sickness as a decision of the mind, for a purpose for which it would use the body, is the basis of healing. And this is so for healing in all forms. A patient decides that this is so, and he recovers. If he decides against recovery, he will not be healed. Who is the physician? Only the mind of the patient himself. The outcome is what he decides that it is. Special agents seem to be ministering to him, yet they but give form to his own choice. He chooses them in order to bring tangible form to his desires. And it is this they do, and nothing else. They are not actually needed at all. The patient could merely rise up without their aid and say, "I have no use for this." There is no form of sickness that would not be cured at once.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Omi (5th May 2019), Pam (5th May 2019), toppy (5th May 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Julian,

I like the book The Dictionary of Ailments and Diseases by Jacques Martel. He describes the emotional underpinnings for diseases, as he sees them.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norski For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Hym (5th May 2019), Inaiá (5th May 2019), Omi (5th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019), Rich (5th May 2019), toppy (5th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Everything that we experience is to learn more about forgiveness, unconditional love, peace, and harmony.
    Difficult situations such as having an illness or being distressed physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually, are especially great opportunities to learn and grow.

Each and every one of us are exactly where we are meant to be, to give and receive greater love.

Knowing and having deeper understanding of this can allow us to choose consciously or subconsciously whether to heal our wounds and strengthen ourselves to live longer in this earthly world, or to let go of the human life through experiencing death and continuing to learn about love in unearthly ways in the spiritual realms as eternal souls.

Have faith and trust that everything happens for a good purpose.

If you're in need of further assistance for your cancer patient's healing, I'd be glad to help.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Inaiá (5th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019), Rich (5th May 2019), toppy (5th May 2019), Wind (8th May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omi (here)

If you're in need of further assistance for your cancer patient's healing, I'd be glad to help.
    Hi Omni, thanks for the offer. Do you mean you can help from a distance? How?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Omi (5th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019), Rich (5th May 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

"Heal Your Body" by Louise Hay was so insightful that I regularly bought and gave away copies to those who were interested.

Norski, knowing Jacques Martel's book can you compare the depth of insights between Louise Hay's book(s) and his?

Thanks, Hym

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Constance (5th May 2019), Inaiá (5th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Hey Bubu,

These are some of my favourite self-help books/techniques. They are easy to follow, are very practical and appear to be highly beneficial.

The Sedona method
    Author: Hale Dwoskin

Core Transformation: Reaching the wellspring within
    Author: Connirae Andreas

By far, the most powerful and transformative form of emotional release work I have ever experienced for myself or for others has been EFT (The Emotional Freedom Technique): original founder, Gary Craig.

I've written about it here in this thread

The daily impact: short, purposeful techniques to energise and uplift you

One of the most impressive things about EFT is that you can take any book or modality of healing eg. You can heal your Life, The Sedona method, The Emotion code, NLP (Neuro Linguistic programming), Hypnotherapy etc. and use the phrases or the wording from those techniques, and apply it to EFT.

I've used EFT on people who have suffered all kinds of emotional trauma - anything from PTSD to 'stinking thinking' and people often experience immediate relief. I've seen the most painful experiences and traumas sometimes resolved in a matter of minutes.

The best part about EFT is once you teach it to someone, they can practice it and use it themselves. It is easy to learn and you can get highly creative with it.
    Viva la self-empowerment!

You can also use EFT to surrogate heal. You can use it on all your loved ones, pets and humans alike.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bubu (5th May 2019), Forest Denizen (6th May 2019), Hym (6th May 2019), Inaiá (8th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019), Rich (6th May 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thanks Constance, I'm reading the first book. And will Try EFT myself when feeling down.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Constance (5th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

I'm also integrating "Acupressure for Emotional Healing" by Michael Reed Gach and Beth Ann Henning, into my understanding of the causal... the healing... the self-liberation from emotional distress.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bubu (6th May 2019), Constance (6th May 2019), Inaiá (8th May 2019), Omi (6th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Hello to all,

have a nice day

Julian
    Hi Julian,

Do you mind providing some additional info about your patient? What part of the body is attacked by cancer? What is your relation with this person? What type of person he/she is?

Also, how do you plan on healing him/her, modern medicine, natural remedies, energy work?

I'm sorry about bunch of questions, but I believe every single detail is important..

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Bubu (6th May 2019), Hym (7th May 2019), Pam (6th May 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Hi Julian,

I can help you and your patient with remote energy healing.
    Energy can travel any time or distance.
    Perhaps you've heard of Reiki or Qigong before?

BTW, my username is Omi. Omni is another PA member, who seems to be away from the forum at the moment.
    I remember hearing about his difficulties towards the end of 2018, I sincerely wish him well.

Hiromi
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bubu (6th May 2019), Constance (6th May 2019), Hym (7th May 2019), Pam (7th May 2019), Wind (8th May 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member GMB1961's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 times in 120 posts

I am a qualified Sound Therapist and I have seen several people with life threatening cancer related problems and after one session with a lady she said to me that for that hour and thirty minutes she didn't think about dying. That session gave her time to regroup and let go of things worrying her. She rested and was better for days afterwards. I believe there are ways to make the body slow down naturally and in doing so make it easier to cope with their problems via the use of sound. Faithfully Glenn Brace Dip SHA Australia.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

Bubu (6th May 2019), Constance (6th May 2019), Hym (7th May 2019), Pam (7th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Hello to all,

have a nice day

Julian
    Hi Julian,

Do you mind providing some additional info about your patient? What part of the body is attacked by cancer? What is your relation with this person? What type of person he/she is?

Also, how do you plan on healing him/her, modern medicine, natural remedies, energy work?

I'm sorry about bunch of questions, but I believe every single detail is important..
    No I dont mind your questioning in fact I'm glad you asked. Because my curiosity kicks in. So I will ask, why is my relationship to the patient important for healing him and also the type of person he is. I'm really curios why you asked this perhaps you are unto something I have never heard before.
    Last edited by Bubu; 6th May 2019 at 18:21.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Hym (7th May 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Hi Julian,

I can help you and your patient with remote energy healing.
    Energy can travel any time or distance.
    Perhaps you've heard of Reiki or Qigong before?

BTW, my username is Omi. Omni is another PA member, who seems to be away from the forum at the moment.
    I remember hearing about his difficulties towards the end of 2018, I sincerely wish him well.

Hiromi
    Ooops sorry about the name. I will PM the details of patient. But first I will ask him for permission.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Hym (7th May 2019), Omi (6th May 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GMB1961 (here)
    I am a qualified Sound Therapist and I have seen several people with life threatening cancer related problems and after one session with a lady she said to me that for that hour and thirty minutes she didn't think about dying. That session gave her time to regroup and let go of things worrying her. She rested and was better for days afterwards. I believe there are ways to make the body slow down naturally and in doing so make it easier to cope with their problems via the use of sound. Faithfully Glenn Brace Dip SHA Australia.
    I will keep this and you in mind. My strategy is to approach the problem from all points. Especially if the person is already on the edge. Each treatment providing small relief will be significant when combined.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Constance (6th May 2019), GMB1961 (7th May 2019), Hym (7th May 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Hello to all,

have a nice day

Julian
    Hi Julian,

No I dont mind your questioning in fact I'm glad you asked. Because my curiosity kicks in. So I will ask, why is my relationship to the patient important for healing him and also the type of person he is. I'm really curios why you asked this perhaps you are unto something I have never heard before.
    Hi Julian,

It's probably nothing that you haven't heard before. I believe that the most important part of healing is for the "patient" to understand why he/she got sick in the first place. You probably know about many people who get sick, get cured, but after a while they get sick again from the same disease. Simple reason for that is that, although they got cured, they haven't changed the reason that got them sick in the first place. As it is said, you must remove/cure the root of the problem. Disease is a consequence, the root is almost always emotional or psychological.

Now, your relation to this person, and the type of person that you are helping are important because of the approach that you should take, in my humble opinion. If you are really close to this person, you can be more direct than you can be to a stranger. Also, if person is open-minded and self-aware, they are more prone to accept their own "faults" that caused the disease to manifest. If he/she is not, then they will probably not accept responsibility and everyone/everything will be a cause for their problem except for themselves.

Also, it's a different approach if you are healing a spiritual person or an atheist. The former can more easily understand how emotional/psychological/spiritual aspect could cause them to get sick, and to correct that "unwanted behaviour".

And all of this is especially hard with cancer patients. It's a tricky disease, and the mainstream view on it doesn't help either. Usually when someone realises that they have it, pretty much all hope gets lost, and negative thinking kicks in really hard. Which is probably the biggest problem, as is it very important for patient to believe, or should I say, to KNOW, that they can and will be healed.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Pam (7th May 2019), Rich (7th May 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I believe that the most important part of healing is for the "patient" to understand why he/she got sick in the first place.
    Yes absolutely, That is why if a person express interest on my services, the first thing I do is to give him something to read that will expand his awareness of why I am doing this or that. Then discuss it with him/her. If the person showed some interest then we proceed otherwise there is no pint in continuing. Faith is maybe a third of the healing process and its where healing starts.

I agree with most of what you said and thanks for bringing it out. However, dealing with a sick person on their mental and emotional level is a difficult task. Direct connection is a must on this aspect, IMO, simply because everyone is different.
    Last edited by Constance; 7th May 2019 at 22:21. Reason: fixed quote formatting

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Rich (7th May 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I think the core of all these emotional release technique is " I'm a bad ass, but its not my fault besides I can fix myself" in short "acceptance" which boils down to peace of mind which is the core of healing. How to arrive on that is what all this techniques and book, sound and all are trying to fill. Its really tricky out here in the city. Which ride do I take? its almost impossible to choose. have faith take the leap.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Rich (8th May 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Scotland Avalon Member what is a name?'s Avatar
    Thanks

Have you thought about using cannabis oil? Impacts both the physical and mental in beneficial ways due to balancing of the endocrine system - the system that regulates all the gland/hormonal output of the body.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

Rich (8th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast