+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truth Seeking or Click Bait??

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Default Truth Seeking or Click Bait??

There are days when I think that I am just about done with the Alternative Community/Truth Movement/Fake Whistleblowers, dodgy interviews, and fantastical claims with absolutely no supporting evidence. Why do I keep coming back for more? Am I delusional? Am I addicted to I drama?

Today is one of those days. I have just finished reading the entire “Mark Richards” thread and I am left with some broad brush impressions.

1. The Alternative Community is hell bent on destroying itself. For example, on today’s home page at PA, there are two prominent threads. One regarding the Richards scenario and another whose aim is to destroy David Wilcock. The Richards thread, appears to be started by a Member who is or was actively involved in the pending documentary. From what I can ascertain, he is unhappy about the presence of CW Chanter in the film and Chanter’s attempts at co-opting the material. So rather than bowing out, he appears to be turning the whole thing into a labyrinth of mind bending minutia that only insiders would understand. Why? Why not just bow out and let the documentary stand on its own legs? And Kevin Moore? I personally would appreciate not being sold your documentary via PA. Finish the thing and let the sun shine in! The same holds true with the Wilcock Character Assassination. Why not just let his material flop? Caveat Emptor. If one is naïve enough to invest in snake oil? I can understand why some might want to provide a “heads up” to other members, but to ramble on and on and on about someone who is obviously the Alternative Community’s version of a tent revival seems a bit distracting. Let me elucidate a bit further as to why these types of occurrences are damaging (in my opinion):

A. There is a lot of scary, unbelievable, threatening and REAL stuff going on right now. Stuff that any “awakened” individual should be vehemently protesting from every rooftop. But instead? Their attention is diverted, subverted and diluted to the point that they are chasing their tails in a vain attempt (def: all talk no action) to discern truth and/or focus on what’s really important. One good example? Facebook’s new “dangerous” list.
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...ok-censorship/

https://www.blacklistednews.com/arti...llowed-to.html

B. The Alternative Community as a whole has immense influence and power. They are some of the most lucid, articulate and well- read individuals anywhere. I thought that the members of the Community knew the enemy. But I might be wrong, as would be evidenced by their rabid and misdirected attack on ONE ANOTHER. All the while, the power brokers, the elite, the corrupted, continue their evil deeds. And what is the Alt Com doing about it? Arguing about Corey Goode, David Wilcock and Mark Richards. Seriously? How about starting a thread on the tyranny of John Bolton and devising a plan to get him out of power! Now that would be awakened!

Yes, there are many visible people in the Alt Com who for whatever reason, don’t do their research (sorry Kerry, but you can’t always follow your instincts), but I cannot believe that we would waste time lambasting them when world leaders follow “bad intel” (aka, contractor/lobbyist pressure) and take REAL ACTION that destroys lives on a daily basis.

So, IMHO, I think it’s time to call the Alt Com’s bluff. Are you really into exposing truth, effecting change and making a difference or are you just, dare I utter the words… click bait!?

The Alt Com as a whole has a serious problem, I am not directing my comments at Project Avalon in particular. Project Avalon is a better quality organization, but sadly, some of its participants seem more interested in (as has been quoted on the aforementioned threads) Jerry Springer drama versus meaningful research into topics that actually matter and discernment. And it’s these threads that seem to have prominence over some really good material posted by thinking Members. Please reconsider this approach. Your voice is power. Please don’t waste it. We truly do not have much time left. David Icke’s “Totalitarian Tiptoe” has become a full on Flamenco dance!

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

angelfire (7th May 2019), avid (6th May 2019), Bill Ryan (6th May 2019), Bluegreen (6th May 2019), Bob (6th May 2019), boja (7th May 2019), DeDukshyn (7th May 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th May 2019), Deux Corbeaux (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), frodo13 (7th May 2019), happyuk (6th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Intranuclear (6th May 2019), Kryztian (6th May 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th May 2019), Matt P (7th May 2019), Mercedes (8th May 2019), Mike (6th May 2019), Mike Gorman (8th May 2019), MythKitty (8th May 2019), Nasu (7th May 2019), norman (7th May 2019), onawah (6th May 2019), Rosemarie (7th May 2019), Sadieblue (8th May 2019), Sandy123 (6th May 2019), Sunray (9th May 2019), Tintin (7th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Valerie Villars (6th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019), wondering (6th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

Default Re: Truth Seeking or Click Bait??

Ditto!

But perhaps an analogy:
    Two ants arguing or fighting over who has the right to take a piece of grain to their respective hive, while an elephant unaware simply steps on them.

I have been the ant many times and may very well still be one, but I am tired of the argument.
    Oh, and I don't want to be the elephant either.

I am sure the analogy can be expanded to include the introduction of a benevolent hunter who shoots the elephant and saves the ants

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

AriG (6th May 2019), BAKONI (7th May 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), Sunray (9th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Valerie Villars (6th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019), wondering (6th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Standing ovation..

Like Doty said when discussing his work in counter intelligence, when handling the alternative community. "He didn't have to do much, the community itself did his work for him".. And that is sad. But it is true...

I couldn't agree more.... And I think it is wonderful that you started a thread about such things. If we address the largest elephant in the room, and we ask that everyone touch it, we can all recognize it is an elephant and move on forward united in our goals...

I keep clicking on some of those threads, thinking that in engaging, I can in someway "set an example", and get people more focused on what matters.. The facts. The issues... Not the drama.. When I am confronted with drama, I can't get that nonsense away from me fast enough. I don't even want it around me long enough, to even begin to develop tools to address it! But I will process it and learn something from it.

I have been feeling much the same way as your post reflects recently. So thank you for that. I think it fair we as a community address this... If we want to move forward as a whole and truly be the change that we wish to see...

So in that spirit, I am adding this reply, and I will start a thread in the next few days addressing an actual issue that concerns me.. (Not sure what just yet) and as the one who posts the thread, I will do my part in trying to keep it on topic and productive.. And if no one wants to engage, I will pick anther topic that I find equally as "Pressing" for the community to address... And I will address it.

I promise to my community, it won't be about what T Shirts Goode is promoting, or what comic books he is peddling. Nor will it be about the bright white color of Wilcock's new veneers.... If I want a little comic relief? That is why I joined other sites.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

AriG (6th May 2019), Bob (6th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Intranuclear (6th May 2019), Mercedes (8th May 2019), Nasu (7th May 2019), Rosemarie (7th May 2019), Sandy123 (6th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Valerie Villars (6th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)

Standing ovation..

So in that spirit, I am adding this reply, and I will start a thread in the next few days addressing an actual issue that concerns me.. (Not sure what just yet) and as the one who posts the thread, I will do my part in trying to keep it on topic and productive.. And if no one wants to engage, I will pick anther topic that I find equally as "Pressing" for the community to address... And I will address it
    Denise,

I think that your critical issue thread idea is fantastic! You very well might be able to rally the great minds of Avalon around a common cause for good! That is so important. The forces at work, attempting to dilute our will aren't counting on someone taking real action. Thank you for doing this. I am eagerly anticipating participation in your meaningful threads!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Thanks for this-- and please don't skip the threads on vaccines and 5G, two very critical issues, where real action can be taken now in various ways.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

angelfire (7th May 2019), AriG (7th May 2019), Denise/Dizi (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), Mercedes (8th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    I have just finished reading the entire “Mark Richards” thread and I am left with some broad brush impressions.

1. The Alternative Community is hell bent on destroying itself. For example, on today’s home page at PA, there are two prominent threads. One regarding the Richards scenario and another whose aim is to destroy David Wilcock.
    Thanks for this sentiment and stating it so clearly, however, I must say, that I disagree with you (cordially) almost 100%. I think that the Mark Richard thread is incredibly important and some of the work on David Wilcock (which is dispersed over several threads) is also vital too. I would even say that these are areas where Project Avalon is excelling and doing a real service to the Ufology/Conspiracy community, where we are actively bringing new information forth, analyzing it and making an important contribution.

Like Corey Goode, both David Wilcock and JoAnn Richards are frequent speakers at conferences and have both their followers and their detractors, that is, the are polarizing figures in the community and the ranks of division often form around them and their stories. Unfortunately, choosing a side should not be like choosing between two breakfast specials at a diner. At most, only one story can be the essentially true and correspond with reality and history. There are techniques to ferret out the truth, and we trying to apply them here. We are looking at evidence and testimony, we are looking a predictions and evaluating if they came true or not, we are trying to organize events on timelines and look for contradictions and do what ever it takes to uncover the facts and make sense of them, all to get a clearer picture of who is telling the truth, all so we can share this with the greater community, and hopefully end the division and get the community to focus on the stories that have a greater chance of being genuine.

Project Avalon is a great source on why David Wilcock is full of baloney. Unfortunately, when I talk to people who know a little bit about ufology they sometimes get a gleam in their eye and say enthusiastically "Have you every heard of David Wilcock?" Unfortunately, Wilcock gets the attention and the money, and the hard working serious ufologist who have done important, relevant research and speak at conventions at their own expense get ignored. Mean while foolish people gloat at David Wilcock who has a new prediction about how we are all going to be flying with the unicorns next year.

Project Avalon is a better quality organization, but sadly, some of its participants seem more interested in (as has been quoted on the aforementioned threads) Jerry Springer drama versus meaningful research into topics that actually matter and discernment.
    For the record, I totally hate that type of drama and like many on the thread am seeking to keep the participants grounded, and sticking to the facts and putting information out there. Of course this drama is unfortunately unavoidable: we have people closely attached to a murder victim, and someone else attached to a person in prison for decades who she claims is wrongly accused. They all have a big stake in this matter and it is a burning issue for them. If you can filter the Jerry Springer drama out of this thread, what is left is quite remarkable because you have a lot of opposing participants in this story all communicating together right here on Avalon. Never the less, it can be quite frustrating reading this thread, sorting through the drama to get to the information, and what you are left with is not a clear answer, because this thread is a work in progress, it is a working attempt to get to the truth.

Yes, there are a lot of other incredibly important stories out there and there is plenty of room for more threads, so please bring them here. There is plenty of room on Avalon for more good discussions, but also understand that the research on Wilcox and on Mark Richards is actually happening right here on Project Avalon and these threads are important.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AriG (7th May 2019), Denise/Dizi (7th May 2019), Deux Corbeaux (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Franny (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Intranuclear (7th May 2019), toppy (7th May 2019), Violet3 (8th May 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    I have just finished reading the entire “Mark Richards” thread and I am left with some broad brush impressions.

1. The Alternative Community is hell bent on destroying itself. For example, on today’s home page at PA, there are two prominent threads. One regarding the Richards scenario and another whose aim is to destroy David Wilcock.
    Thanks for this sentiment and stating it so clearly, however, I must say, that I disagree with you (cordially) almost 100%. I think that the Mark Richard thread is incredibly important and some of the work on David Wilcock (which is dispersed over several threads) is also vital too. I would even say that these are areas where Project Avalon is excelling and doing a real service to the Ufology/Conspiracy community, where we are actively bringing new information forth, analyzing it and making an important contribution.

Like Corey Goode, both David Wilcock and JoAnn Richards are frequent speakers at conferences and have both their followers and their detractors, that is, the are polarizing figures in the community and the ranks of division often form around them and their stories. Unfortunately, choosing a side should not be like choosing between two breakfast specials at a diner. At most, only one story can be the essentially true and correspond with reality and history. There are techniques to ferret out the truth, and we trying to apply them here. We are looking at evidence and testimony, we are looking a predictions and evaluating if they came true or not, we are trying to organize events on timelines and look for contradictions and do what ever it takes to uncover the facts and make sense of them, all to get a clearer picture of who is telling the truth, all so we can share this with the greater community, and hopefully end the division and get the community to focus on the stories that have a greater chance of being genuine.

Project Avalon is a great source on why David Wilcock is full of baloney. Unfortunately, when I talk to people who know a little bit about ufology they sometimes get a gleam in their eye and say enthusiastically "Have you every heard of David Wilcock?" Unfortunately, Wilcock gets the attention and the money, and the hard working serious ufologist who have done important, relevant research and speak at conventions at their own expense get ignored. Mean while foolish people gloat at David Wilcock who has a new prediction about how we are all going to be flying with the unicorns next year.

Project Avalon is a better quality organization, but sadly, some of its participants seem more interested in (as has been quoted on the aforementioned threads) Jerry Springer drama versus meaningful research into topics that actually matter and discernment.
    For the record, I totally hate that type of drama and like many on the thread am seeking to keep the participants grounded, and sticking to the facts and putting information out there. Of course this drama is unfortunately unavoidable: we have people closely attached to a murder victim, and someone else attached to a person in prison for decades who she claims is wrongly accused. They all have a big stake in this matter and it is a burning issue for them. If you can filter the Jerry Springer drama out of this thread, what is left is quite remarkable because you have a lot of opposing participants in this story all communicating together right here on Avalon. Never the less, it can be quite frustrating reading this thread, sorting through the drama to get to the information, and what you are left with is not a clear answer, because this thread is a work in progress, it is a working attempt to get to the truth.

Yes, there are a lot of other incredibly important stories out there and there is plenty of room for more threads, so please bring them here. There is plenty of room on Avalon for more good discussions, but also understand that the research on Wilcox and on Mark Richards is actually happening right here on Project Avalon and these threads are important.
    I understand your position, but you did mention "money" and sadly? That's probably what the click bait is all about, because it doesn't take a twenty page thread to ascertain that the Mark Richards story is hogwash, and that Wilcock is a Charlatan. The point that I am obviously not making is that there really isn't room for all of this (IMO) because it detracts and deflects from the real issues that threaten us all. I truly don't understand why a thinking person would want to wile away hours on Alt Com incest versus the REAL issues that are going to blindside us all in a not too distant dystopian future. In other words, Nero "fiddled while Rome burned". Aren't we supposed to be immune to the brainwash? Aren't we supposed to be awakened?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Thanks for this-- and please don't skip the threads on vaccines and 5G, two very critical issues, where real action can be taken now in various ways.
    Onowah, can you link me to these threads? The forum is so heavy with posts. Thanks again! Ari

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I understand your position, but you did mention "money" and sadly?
    With Wilcox, yes, there is a lot of money. But frankly, I don't think that is his primary motivation. He is just a very shallow thinker.

With Mark Richards, no, I don't think we've found a definite money trail to big money on this one, and I am not 100% convinced this is hogwash. With Wilcox, yes, we are trying to prove him to be a phoney and get him off the stage, but with Mark Richards, I want to know the truth for myself. I am not 100% convinced that this story is hogwash. It might be "obviously so" for some people, but I have spent a great deal of time looking into this story and have found no smoking guns.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I understand your position, but you did mention "money" and sadly?

With Mark Richards, no, I don't think we've found a definite money trail to big money on this one, and I am not 100% convinced this is hogwash. With Wilcox, yes, we are trying to prove him to be a phoney and get him off the stage,
    Kryztian,

This might seem irrelevant, but in your quote above, who is "we"? You almost sound as though there is some collective working on these stories. By no means do I mean to sound antagonistic at all, but your use of "we" really got my attention.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Onowah, can you link me to these threads? The forum is so heavy with posts. Thanks again! Ari
    With all due respect, this comment speaks volumes re your awareness of topics being discussed on Avalon.

Corey Goode and Wilcock have quite a history that includes individuals coming forward who have not only been duped of their time, by getting sidelined from credible researchers, but burnt financially. Let alone those who have/are recovering from the devastating effects of being seduced into cult mentality.

My investment here is to help Avalon hold steadfast as gatekeepers to hobble and contain charlatans so that younger generations, beginning their journey of discovery, have half a chance of not wasting valuable time on rubbish. This is also why it is important for these topics to continually revive into the daily feeder. Newbies, who are doing due diligence searching, then have a chance of easily finding evidence based critiques to prompt them to search for older threads.

I would suggest that you skip over topics that don’t interest you and spend your time digging into causes that do interest you; and yes, sadly there are bucket loads. Far too many for any one individual to cover, so spreading ourselves over a range of them is productive and is why I appreciate the due diligence being done on other topics that I look at, but don’t contribute to.

I think the suggestion for us all to come together on specific topics only is retarded and dangerous. Why would we hobble ourselves that way giving unchecked passage for charlatans to reign with no accountability?

I do appreciate your comments and the fact that you spent time reading all of the Mark Richards thread but it would take considerable time to get a handle on the Wilcock/Goode saga. Suffice to say, it is definitely not “click bait”.

The WE, as in Kryztian’s comment, are members, like myself, who spend endless hours researching charlatans within the community – and this is all very well documented on the forum; for example in my case, in many of the Goode/Wilcock threads.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Chester (3rd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (8th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)

With all due respect, this comment speaks volumes re your awareness of topics being discussed on Avalon.

Corey Goode and Wilcock have quite a history that includes individuals coming forward who have not only been duped of their time, by getting sidelined from credible researchers, but burnt financially. Let alone those who have/are recovering from the devastating effects of being seduced into cult mentality.

My investment here is to help Avalon hold steadfast as gatekeepers to hobble and contain charlatans so that younger generations, beginning their journey of discovery, have half a chance of not wasting valuable time on rubbish. This is also why it is important for these topics to continually revive into the daily feeder. Newbies, who are doing due diligence searching, then have a chance of easily finding evidence based critiques to prompt them to search for older threads.

I would suggest that you skip over topics that don’t interest you and spend your time digging into causes that do interest you; and yes, sadly there are bucket loads. Far too many for any one individual to cover, so spreading ourselves over a range of them is productive and is why I appreciate the due diligence being done on other topics that I look at, but don’t contribute to.

I think the suggestion for us all to come together on specific topics only is retarded and dangerous. Why would we hobble ourselves that way giving unchecked passage for charlatans to reign with no accountability?

I do appreciate your comments and the fact that you spent time reading all of the Mark Richards thread but it would take considerable time to get a handle on the Wilcock/Goode saga. Suffice to say, it is definitely not “click bait”.

The WE, as in Kryztian’s comment, are members, like myself, who spend endless hours researching charlatans within the community – and this is all very well documented on the forum; for example in my case, in many of the Goode/Wilcock threads.
    You have turned an honest conversation into a hostile confrontation and I will not buy into your alphabet agency tactics. I am not suggesting that the forum retards, I am suggesting that it focuses and eliminates the waste, and to be honest, spending endless hours attempting to discredit Wilcock is waste. Why aren't you spending hours investigating the corruption in government, business, MSM? Me smells a rat! And that is why, IMHO, that true investigators are silenced. Its funny. You and Krystian are expressing extreme concern over my observations versus the other members who are in agreement (thus far). And you do it with such vitriol. Hmmm.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Moderators? Please close this thread. It is obviously taking a turn toward a direction that was never intended. I have my answers. I know where I need to spend my valuable time. Thank you

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

With Mark Richards, no, I don't think we've found a definite money trail to big money on this one, and I am not 100% convinced this is hogwash. With Wilcox, yes, we are trying to prove him to be a phoney and get him off the stage,
    Kryztian,

This might seem irrelevant, but in your quote above, who is "we"? You almost sound as though there is some collective working on these stories. By no means do I mean to sound antagonistic at all, but your use of "we" really got my attention.
    Good question, not that I was thinking about who "we" referred to. But if there is a "collective", then yes, those of us at Project Avalon that are investigating, trying to uncover the truth, no matter where it leads us. "We" is just the people on these threads making observations, putting forthing information and asking questions. No secret societies here!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Kryztian,

Good question, not that I was thinking about who "we" referred to. But if there is a "collective", then yes, those of us at Project Avalon that are investigating, trying to uncover the truth, no matter where it leads us. "We" is just the people on these threads making observations, putting forthing information and asking questions. No secret societies here!
    LOL Maybe it was a "royal" we Nonetheless, i have opened a can of worms. And that is very telling. Thank you for your responses.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), Mike (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019), petra (8th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Sure Ari. This thread is the newest one on the subject of vaccines, but it's a good place to start: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1288363
    ...Delight has been doing a great job of leading the search for some of the most recent and most frightening info on vaccines.
    If you have not been keeping up with it, I guarantee it will shock you, and the title of the thread doesn't even begin to say it all.
    There are a couple of older vaccine threads too, which give lots more history, so you might want to start at the end and work backward with those:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post832752

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1072174

This is the premiere thread about 5G, started back in 2017, :
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...light=vaccines
    Exomatrix, who started the thread, also does a lot of work on other online venues to bring the 5G issue into clear focus.
    Also:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1251440

Thanks for asking!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR]
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), Mike (7th May 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

I find reading, learning about charlatans in any industry interesting. Sometimes less is more though. The Mark Richards thread held my interest for the first few pages. Easy to see he's a liar by that point.

The alternative community is simply alternative to mainstream, Ari. It's unlikely the masses who've turned their back on consensus reality will ever be united in determining what is most important in a field of similar but not entirely identical interests.

There is an upside to this. There are ideas in the alternative community that may be quite paranoid, fundamentalist, bat **** crazy. As there is a lack of unity in the alt community these ideas will never gain the traction they might otherwise achieve.

Even ideas that may have some element of truth to them could be dangerous if a strong consensus formed around them. For example, the idea that we are not in control of our minds, that aliens invade our thoughts. I am intrigued by this idea. I think it might be true, but in a very limited way. Would it be a good thing for the alt community to form a strong consensus around this idea? What if it did permeate the mainstream? Imagine how weird that would be, what it could lead to.

Anyway, now I'm rambling. I guess my point is, sometimes a lack of unity is a good thing. This helps me relax a little with regards the potential for new religions emerging out of an area where we lack concrete understanding. I think, (if I can speak for those who are studying Good and Richards,) they feel these cons are a real danger for other reasons. And let's not forget the sheer annoyance factor of watching someone lying through their teeth and getting paid for it!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Mike (7th May 2019), onawah (8th May 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

I totally get what Ari is talking about here. And yet, it's all quite layered.

There is a Bukowski book on my bookshelf titled "War All The Time"; that's the alt community for you. We're often at war with the mainstream - and justifiably so in many instances. We're at war with many of the personalities in the alt community as well - sometimes justifiably so but sometimes overzealously; and finally, we're often at war with each other(almost always needlessly). We're a sensitive bunch (myself included) and having been manipulated nearly all our lives by our schools and religions and media, it's no mystery why.

In short, there is tension everywhere.

It's all very serious, and yet if one takes it all *too seriously* a nervous breakdown will undoubtedly be waiting. I like to joke around a great deal. It keeps me sane. It carries me into that undefinable space where i'm aware of the gravity of some of these topics, and how entrenched i am in them on this physical plane, but also keeps me distant enough in some oblique way that i know perhaps spiritually i'm much bigger than all of this. basically it gives me balance. humor is my trick.

everyone would do well to find their own personal trick. we will always be at war with the mainstream, and there will always be battles with various alt personalities - we likely can't stop that. but we can stop warring with each other. that's very much in our power. so i think it's prudent to start there. it's a tough world, so lets not make it any worse.

The infighting in the "alt community" is especially tiring. Exposing one phony whistleblower only seems to create 2 more. They're like bloody cockroaches. Ari makes the very valid point that people like Wilcock and Goode and Smith shouldn't require endless threads to expose them. I said something very similar recently: to paraphrase myself, it was something like ,"Goode and Wilcock aren't the problem, they're easily exposable. It's the audience that's the problem."

and what we're finding now (well we've likely always known) is that there is no "alternative community" - there's a very large group of individuals who all feel very differently about most of this stuff. recently it seems to be separating into 2 basic groups - the facts and science crowd vs what's left of the new age crowd..which has kind of morphed into this fictional space-faring, quasi star-wars sort of cult thing..

Ari is right - we'll likely never help them to see the light. it's largely a waste of time and energy.

but there are newbies who are just coming along who could use a bit of a road map. i think the info we provide on Goode and Wilcock etc is valuable for them. plus, although we are a very different kind of "alternative community" than the new-agers, we tend to get lumped in by the general public; if we want to be taken seriously we must strive in some way to differentiate ourselves from that crowd.

but we musn't get lost in doing that; we must not exhaust our energy in that one arena. I think that's partially what Ari is saying. Our priorities may be a little backwards at the moment. and honestly, i think we're guilty of using many of these distractions as a form of escapism. It's a means if burying our heads in the sand. It's much easier to focus on the Goodes and the Wilcocks than it is to actually affect change in the real world. The latter takes much more courage and energy, and is much more terrifyingly "real", while things like UFO's and the SSP - though important - can easily qualify more as entertainment sometimes.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th May 2019 at 05:17.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019), petra (8th May 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR]Moderators? Please close this thread. It is obviously taking a turn toward a direction that was never intended. I have my answers. I know where I need to spend my valuable time. Thank you
    I hope you don‘t !!!
    I hope you don‘t insist on that, Ari!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

angelfire (7th May 2019), Deux Corbeaux (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Mike (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019), petra (8th May 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Iloveyou (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR]Moderators? Please close this thread. It is obviously taking a turn toward a direction that was never intended. I have my answers. I know where I need to spend my valuable time. Thank you
    I hope you don‘t !!!
    I hope you don‘t insist on that, Ari!

I'm pleased to announce that Ari has allowed us to keep the thread open

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

angelfire (7th May 2019), Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Iloveyou (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), norman (7th May 2019), onawah (7th May 2019), petra (8th May 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

You have turned an honest conversation into a hostile confrontation and I will not buy into your alphabet agency tactics. I am not suggesting that the forum retards, I am suggesting that it focuses and eliminates the waste, and to be honest, spending endless hours attempting to discredit Wilcock is waste. Why aren't you spending hours investigating the corruption in government, business, MSM? Me smells a rat! And that is why, IMHO, that true investigators are silenced. Its funny. You and Krystian are expressing extreme concern over my observations versus the other members who are in agreement (thus far). And you do it with such vitriol. Hmmm.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Moderators? Please close this thread. It is obviously taking a turn toward a direction that was never intended. I have my answers. I know where I need to spend my valuable time. Thank you
    And there it is . . . the ridiculous assumption that I, (and others), only spend our “valuable” time on what another may deem is “waste”. Let alone the somewhat conceited attitude that I should give up my sovereign choice of what to expose as corruption in favour of someone else’s choice.

Not that I am inclined to have to justify myself, but for the sake of clarity and in the interest of conversation from differing opinions - FYI: I invest all of my spare time into not only investigating global corruption, but raising awareness of such with others, as well as working collaboratively on projects, many of which I facilitate in my local environment, for example, Biophilic Cities.

Not sure what you are smelling . . . but it certainly isn’t a rat!

P.S. Wilcock/Goode come under “Business” corruption.
    Last edited by Gemma13; 7th May 2019 at 06:00.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Did You See Them (7th May 2019), Kryztian (7th May 2019), petra (8th May 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Maybe the problem starts with the assumption that an ‚alt-community‘ does exist at all. Maybe it existed long time ago. Before or in early Internet-days. In my perception there are only individuals or really small groups who gather and work together for a special goal, for a certain amount of time. The ones whose intent is to do serious research and education, as well as those who gather to distract, exploit and attack anything that moves just one step away from mainstream (though the latter are certainly controlled by the players in the shadows).

To me the continued forced propagation of the ‚alt community‘ - idea smells like NWO: gather them all in one place and then attack. Then again, there‘s the human need to belong somewhere, to identify with something. It is a place where we are most vulnerable and easily be played upon. There are so many traps in all that. So difficult to cut one’s own path alone but not isolated. Well, now I‘ve digressed.

Post update:
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    . . . and what we're finding now (well we've likely always known) is that there is no "alternative community" - there's a very large group of individuals who all feel very differently about most of this stuff . . .
    . . . read your post just now
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 7th May 2019 at 06:51.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

norman (7th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast