+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Twilight Zone

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default New Twilight Zone

I checked back several pages on this section and didnt find anything about this show.

I have been watching the new twilight series and they have been interesting. They are being done by Jordan Peele through cbs.

https://www1.swatchseries.to/serie/t...ght_zone_2019_

I just watched episode 4 A Traveler
    https://www1.swatchseries.to/episode...19__s1_e4.html

And I wanted opinions on it. Very interesting episode.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Default Re: New Twilight Zone

Thanks for the links...but take care. When I went there Avast warned of an infection on the site but blocked it and allowed me on the site.

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default Re: New Twilight Zone

Thanks latte, I use noScript and Ublock origins and generally I dont get bothered with those types of things.

So having digested the episode I mentioned, I wanted to post some thoughts but be warned there are spoilers here.

So it focuses on a small town in Alaska that guards a power station that is critical for the defense of the Nation(planet?). THe whole episode focuses on a strange Xmas ritual that the town sheriff does and leads to a holiday party with a MIB. This is just a well dressed and smooth talking man who starts spinning stories.

He is able to sew discord between the party guest and generally causes infighting by the end of the party. The party breaks up because of the fights and then a small group is left. This where he causes strife between the sherrif and his deputies which leads to the deputy going to check the power station. Then it reveals that this MIB is actually something with Antennas. Then it look like a tall gray at one point.

The police are fighting the situation and trying to prevent whatever is going to happen but a civilian in the jail cell decides to go along with the alien agenda cause humans arent doing a great job.

The interesting thing about this episode is that the big reveal wasnt actually the MIB actually being an alien but rather the humans were more focused on the human to human issues not that this dude is from another planet. It was also interesting that they are seeding the notion of Joining the aliens since they might do a be job at running the place.

Also interesting that it present the classic alien invasion trope.

+ Reply to Thread