+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: STANTON FRIEDMAN Has Passed: RIP

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Phaedrus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: STANTON FRIEDMAN Has Passed: RIP

As a result of attending a lecture by Stanton Friedman back in the '70s at the University where I had taken classes, I became a believer in phenomena known as flying saucers or UFOs. In my opinion, Stanton Friedman stood tall over all other UFO researchers in this field that is jam-packed with fakes, freaks and con artists. I really don't know how he could stand it, really. He was a real live brilliant scientist, who actually cared enough to investigate the subject and decided it was legitimate! Has there been any other scientist that did this??

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Phaedrus For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2019), Bill Ryan (16th May 2019), boja (17th May 2019), Debra (18th May 2019), EFO (17th May 2019), HaveBlue (17th May 2019), Kristin (16th May 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th May 2019), Mike Gorman (18th May 2019), Star Tsar (17th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

A knight is judged by his deeds!

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Black Vault Radio

Episode 32 | Remembering Stanton Friedman

Published 17th May 2019

In episode #32 of The Black Vault Radio -- I remember my friend, Mr. Stanton Friedman.

Many may have heard this before, but when I started researching at the age of 15, I wrote everyone I could find that was a big name in the field of UFOs in order to make contacts and to learn. Out of everyone I ever wrote in those beginning days, only one wrote back... Stanton Friedman.

He sent me, without charge, a pile of reading material from his own writings. He believed in me, when no one else did, within the field of UFOlogy. To me, that first envelope packed with material he sent to me, represented two things. 1) How amazing, and thorough, of a researcher he really was. But 2) it showed me from the starting gate -- he was a gentleman.

We became friends after that. Our friendship would span more than 20 years, and we always enjoyed seeing each other at various conferences and shooting multiple television series together.

Of course, sometimes it is hard to chat one-on-one with a legend like Stanton - many others want a moment of his time as well. But, I was very lucky. Stanton and I would find ourselves in places that allowed us to sit down, one-on-one, and just chat. I remember one instance where he and I sat down for Chinese food together, in a small town outside where he and I both spoke at, and we just chatted, laughed and I was able to soak it all in. He was a legend, in the true sense of the word, but he was also, my friend.

Away from my personal connection with Stanton - I had a pure admiration for what he accomplished. He dug - and dug deep - for answers. He would meticulously turn over every stone he could, to find an answer. He traveled to archives; he picked up the telephone; he read documents; and he just simply dug. We ALL, including myself, can learn from Stanton's methods and his contributions to not only UFOlogy, but to the true definition of the word RESEARCHER. I learned so much from him, I can not even explain.

About two weeks ago, I spoke with Stanton on the telephone for a while. If I knew that was the last time I would hear his voice, I would've said "Thank you."

"Thank you, Stanton, for being a role model for myself, and for others, on what it is like to seek the TRUTH. Thank you, Stanton, for defining what it is to research in a field, that deserves careful attention to detail. Thank you, Stanton, for just being a friend."

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

aoibhghaire (18th May 2019), Bill Ryan (18th May 2019), boja (18th May 2019), Mike Gorman (18th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

What can you say about Stanton Friedman, an absolutely rock solid man of science, beautifully clear thinking, no nonsense and incredible communicator. Stanton gave UFOLOGY a major boost of credibility, Stanton, along with Edgar Mitchell got my attention in ways that many others could not. Rest in peace, thank you so very much Stanton.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

aoibhghaire (18th May 2019), Bill Ryan (18th May 2019), boja (18th May 2019), Phaedrus (22nd May 2019), shijo (19th May 2019), Star Tsar (18th May 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Phaedrus's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are some more nice videos about Stanton Friedman in case anyone is interested:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phaedrus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2019), EFO (17th June 2019), Star Tsar (16th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Mr Friedman's Files!

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Black Vault Radio

Grant Cameron | Stanton Friedman Files

Published 15th October 2019

Grant Cameron joins me to talk about his recent work within the Stanton Friedman files. He has made some fascinating discoveries thus far, which offer a rare glimpse into the work of a legend in the field that will be sorely missed.

Grant, a legend himself, will share what he has found!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,062 times in 2,419 posts

I think I'll share a story about my one, only and brief encounter with Stanton Friedman. This encounter has always gnawed on me a bit, but it in no way detracts from who the man was (is) and his work in his chosen field. And he did not know me from Adam.

I met Friedman in Roswell, NM, at the UFO museum. It was the 4th of July holiday. I was there with my son. I do not recall the year, but it was at about 10 years ago.

Friedman had a stand there near the front door as you walk in. He had a number of his books and such for sale. He was standing by the table where his books and such were and pacing around a bit. I walked up to him and acknowledged who he was an introduced myself. He seemed awkward and stand-offish. Which I found a bit odd for the venue and given he was offering his books for sale.

Early on in our brief conversation I stated something about him being a physicist. He stopped me at that point and told me he is not a physicist. I was a bit surprised, as every time I heard or saw anything about him he was referred to as a physicist. Yet, he made a point to make it clear to me that he was not a physicist.

Our conversation ended right about then. I felt I was intruding at that point and went on my way.

That encounter was always strange to me. Or, am I wrong, and he was not a physicist?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), BMJ (17th October 2019), Hervé (17th October 2019), RunningDeer (16th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,606 times in 32,796 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Early on in our brief conversation I stated something about him being a physicist. He stopped me at that point and told me he is not a physicist. I was a bit surprised, as every time I heard or saw anything about him he was referred to as a physicist. Yet, he made a point to make it clear to me that he was not a physicist.

Our conversation ended right about then. I felt I was intruding at that point and went on my way.

That encounter was always strange to me. Or, am I wrong, and he was not a physicist?
    Well, he certainly was according to Wikipedia. (Which is always right, isn't it? )

Career in nuclear physics

Friedman was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric (1956–1959), Aerojet General Nucleonics (1959–1963), General Motors (1963–1966), Westinghouse (1966–1968), TRW Systems (1969–1970), and McDonnell Douglas, where he worked on advanced, classified programs on nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and compact nuclear power plants for space applications.

Since the 1980s, he consulted for the radon-detection industry. Friedman's professional affiliations included the American Nuclear Society, the American Physical Society, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and AFTRA.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (17th October 2020), BMJ (17th October 2019), Satori (17th October 2019), Yoda (17th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2