+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet Issues.........pls chime in with your experiences tonight

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 times in 786 posts

Default Internet Issues.........pls chime in with your experiences tonight

I am really having problems connecting to many alt Forums, Youtube sites run by alt media, Even Facebook videos or content that are presenting issues or concerns in "real time"....Yellow Vests, Iran, Australian Election, UK Brexit........all dead.

It has been posited that as egagement with the Middle East more deeply occurs ........we are just being shut off and will not be allowed to access alternative viewpoints.

My modem is fine, I have a fully fibre optic connection( well over 2 GB/s, I am in Toronto, Canada....my ISP says ZERO issues on their end or my end. Tested several times today.

Perhaps the brighter more technically minded members may care to chime in about potential workarounds for internet "blackouts" and intentional suppression of information...? I had to watch mainstream news tonight..........it was horrible!

Um......there are 40 potentially catastrophic issues you have not reported on but .....oh but someone bought new shoes...........and Madonna did a performance...........seriously? THAT IS NEWS?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th May 2019), chancy (20th May 2019), Constance (21st May 2019), Hervé (20th May 2019), Pam (20th May 2019), Satori (20th May 2019), wondering (20th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

Default Re: Internet Issues.........pls chime in with your experiences tonight

You could be experiencing what's to come. Suggest you try a minor ISP, not one of the majors. You might even get cheaper rates.

Here's a related article--
    The new Internet police protecting you from freedom of thought and speech
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-02-...nd-speech.html

(Video at above link)

Before the Internet was launched in 1992, our thoughts, values and beliefs were informed by our family and friends and by the books, magazines and newspapers we read and by what we heard on radio and saw on television. If we wanted to communicate with each other we would pick up the telephone, write a letter or meet face to face.

The Internet changed everything.

Full article and video here:
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-02-...nd-speech.html
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

Bubu (21st May 2019), chancy (20th May 2019), CurEus (20th May 2019), Hervé (20th May 2019), justntime2learn (20th May 2019), Pam (20th May 2019), Satori (20th May 2019), Tintin (20th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you for the link......powerful video, very well informed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Hervé (20th May 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello CurEus:
    Sounds like you are experiencing a normal problem these days. The kids get around this everyday of their lives by using VPN'S.

Very simple fix to your problem.

chancy

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

CurEus (20th May 2019), Hervé (20th May 2019), meeradas (20th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Not tech savy at all but my fix for this problem was changing browsers. Always used IE. Lately it often does not play vids I want to watch, telling me the video is recorded in an unfamiliar format. Firefox plays all those videos - and no redirects either.

In Canada VPNs were used to log onto Netflix and get American selections, which are far more comprehensive than in our country, for of course ridiculous reasons involving 'copyrights' or some such nonsense. They cracked down on that and many lost their memberships. So VPNs do not make you as anonymous as some think they do.

If I cared enough I might use it to download music from utube. But I don't care enough to bother. My 750 songs I have paid for many times over as I had to repurchase my favorites every time they changed mediums - record, tape, advanced tape, CD, and now digital. Not to mention the countless ads I had to endure over the years on radio...I have paid for my music, like everyone else, many times over.

They know who you are regardless what trick you use. And they also know what site you want to visit. If they want they can wipe you from the internet as easy as crossing the street. Just ask Alex Jones if there are work arounds for paypal...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Hervé (20th May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Today firefox refused to play 3/4 youtube videos. Just an Icon spinning around. Even copying the URL and going directly to youtube did not seem to help.
    I checked for updates etc and even used my paid VPN with no luck trying various countries....

Sometimes videos would play through Google Chrome or Internet explorer but not always.

I am wondering if Canadians are being censored or denied access to some things or if it something more.
    Odd through.....never had these problems before !

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

In Canada too. I find that the more people are surfing in my immediate area, the worse it is. It's a Monday, last day of long weekend. Everyone is at home and online. Am having similar problems, just not on alt right sites.

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

hmmmmmm AutumnW....but I have a direct fibre connection, so I expect that perhaps you are saying that our local servers ( am sure there is a better word) just may be overwhelmed....it's not the "connection" or speed per se but just local youtube servers or whatever just may be overwhelmed?

It is a holiday today......

Netflix, Amazon Video, Liveleak and paid services seem quite fine.....

But many alt sites just refuse to load thier linlks..and that is just "text" with some fairly basic graphics.

Am at work tomorrow and will check my office connection, although I do not like to surf much from it.mostly just email.

Firefox went quite wonky last week and broke most add ons....but this is across browsers... may need a new ISP!

14. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello CurEus:

Firefox did go wonky last week. All the add ons were disabled. Once the update was added everything went back to normal.
    I find if Firefox is not working correctly it's usually an update needed to fix the problem.
    Have a great day
    chancy

+ Reply to Thread