+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your health protocol, and how do you rate your health?

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default What is your health protocol, and how do you rate your health?

Everywhere I go I hear health issues. It seems that health maladies are everywhere and people are confuse of what works and what does not.Or what works best. Perhaps we can share our health protocols to compare and come up with what works in most people.

Also maybe its also better if we name our top 3.

then rate your health in a manner you wish to.

I will post mine later.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

AriG (24th May 2019), Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Forest Denizen (21st May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), jjjones (20th May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), petra (22nd May 2019), seko (21st May 2019), thepainterdoug (21st May 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: What is your health protocol, and how do you rate your health?

I take a scoop of "Beyond Tangy Tangerine," the Dr. Wallach mixture, every morning. It's the only "multivitamineral" that I've ever noticed a difference from. He says you can't just individually take a bunch of stuff, it has to be in the right proportion. You're supposed to take 2 scoops, but when he sells it in tablet form, it's only half the amount, so I figure that should do for the powder as well. My opinion of Wallach's "Youngevity" products: The Beyond Tangy Tangerine is his main contribution to health. All the other things he sells, including MSM, could just as well be gotten elsewhere cheaper.

I had been taking Dr. Vita 6-a-day multivitaminerals for at least a year, but my doctor said I looked malnourished based on my fingernails. That's when I switched back to the Tangy stuff.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), jjjones (20th May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), thepainterdoug (21st May 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Ok I will give it a go!

My life changed drastically when I started taking supplements as well as detoxing twice a year.

I detox in January, after the holiday folie and in September after the summer festivities!..

The detox is a Spiruline and water fasting for a week.
    Works for me, I feel like crap for the first 3 days as the body goes into heavy detox and I get the Herkimer effect symptoms.
    It then stabilizes and works wonders.
    Lots of energy, 4-5 hrs of sleep and I'm done and a very clear and sharp mind.

Here is the list of supplements I use which cured my blood pressure and heart rate which had a tendency to speed up for no reason.
    I split up the total daily amount in 2, take a set in the morning and after supper.

Amino Acid: L-Arginine 3000 mg a day
    Vitamin B complex : 1200 mg a day
    Probiotic 15 Billion CFU/g: I take the Bacillus Coagulans strain which resists stomach acid and reproduces for months.
    Choline Bitartrate: 500mg Good for liver functions
    Magnesium Bisglycinate: 500mg
    Vitamin K2 : 200 mcg Mobilizes Calcium in the right places
    D3: I use the sun....
    CBD oil to sleep
    Indole 3 Carbinol: 600mg This stuff is awesome, converts to DIM and helps reduce Estrogen levels in my body.
    I have lost weight in places that would never leave!.....just amazing..

:-)

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (20th May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), jjjones (20th May 2019), Maybee (20th May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Pam (21st May 2019), Tam (21st May 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Thats two for supplements and one for detox. Interesting!!! Lets see what this will reveal to us. Hope more will participate, On this Avalon uncontrolled unscientific study

I wish to see some wild and weird health tricks that work. Anyone please?
    Last edited by Bubu; 21st May 2019 at 00:03.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

For general health, I take daily:

5,000 IU Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol from Lanolin)
    1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder
    1 Teaspoon of Raw Honey
    1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
    750 mg of Turmeric with 5mg of Black Pepper Extract
    500 mcg of Methylcobalamin
    0.5 mL of Liquid Trace Minerals
    Varying Pre and Pro Biotic Supplements

To cope with my autism, I take daily:

2,000 mg of Omega 3 Oils
    500 mg of Ashwaganda
    400 mg of Magnesium Glycinate
    15 mg of Cannabidiol

So far, this is the winning combination for me, with the addition of regular osteopathic manipulative medicine and acupuncture. I also work to keep my sugar consumption below 25 grams daily, and generally avoid fast-burning carbohydrates, unless I'm doing some intense training or something very physically strenuous.

But the most important three things I do to enjoy good health are:

-Begin each day with a statement of gratitude.
    -Make sure to do something of value for the world around me each day.
    -Spend time each day doing something I love or something that gives me energy.

Overall health - 9/10.

Being on the autism spectrum is a daily struggle, and even with the best tricks, I'm still at a deficiency in some areas. I also have hearing loss from a previous issue that's since been solved. Those minor inconveniences aside, and in the larger scale of how I practice my daily life, they're truly minor, I feel better than I ever have.
    Last edited by James; 21st May 2019 at 01:17. Reason: Finished post.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), leavesoftrees (22nd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), petra (22nd May 2019), thepainterdoug (21st May 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Variant (here)
    For general health, I take daily:

5,000 IU Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol from Lanolin)
    1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder
    1 Teaspoon of Raw Honey
    1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
    750 mg of Turmeric with 5mg of Black Pepper Extract
    500 mcg of Methylcobalamin
    0.5 mL of Liquid Trace Minerals
    Varying Pre and Pro Biotic Supplements

To cope with my autism, I take daily:

2,000 mg of Omega 3 Oils
    500 mg of Ashwaganda
    400 mg of Magnesium Glycinate
    15 mg of Cannabidiol

So far, this is the winning combination for me, with the addition of regular osteopathic manipulative medicine and acupuncture. I also work to keep my sugar consumption below 25 grams daily, and generally avoid fast-burning carbohydrates, unless I'm doing some intense training or something very physically strenuous.

But the most important three things I do to enjoy good health are:

-Begin each day with a statement of gratitude.
    -Make sure to do something of value for the world around me each day.
    -Spend time each day doing something I love or something that gives me energy.

Overall health - 9/10.

Being on the autism spectrum is a daily struggle, and even with the best tricks, I'm still at a deficiency in some areas. I also have hearing loss from a previous issue that's since been solved. Those minor inconveniences aside, and in the larger scale of how I practice my daily life, they're truly minor, I feel better than I ever have.
    beautiful, thank you.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), James (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Terrible health. My protocol is I try to ignore it and not make it the center of my life. Everybody has their unique form of suffering. Mine is physical. Emotional suffering is worse.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), petra (22nd May 2019), Rosemarie (22nd May 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Terrible health. My protocol is I try to ignore it and not make it the center of my life. Everybody has their unique form of suffering. Mine is physical. Emotional suffering is worse.
    Can you please help classify this. Mind power perhaps or any fancy name together with Variant's;
    -"Begin each day with a statement of gratitude."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Bubu, I don't mean to inadvertantly criticize anybody else, if they are unable to step outside of their illness for long stretches. I guess it's just a blessing that my particular brand of illness isn't painful enough to keep me thinking about it constantly. Of that I am very grateful. I find when I am helping other people in significant ways, changing lives if I can, it is very good for me and these actions seem to rally angels on behalf of those I help and in my own behalf as well. The down side of that is I am often worried for other people and I wish I could relax more.

I'm not going to let this disease win. No way. It can rob me of every ounce of life strength but it is NOT going to defeat my spirit. (except on occasion!) I'm no saint. I can be a total bi*** so don't get me wrong. I know how awful I can be and that is part of my nature too. But I also know the secret to overcoming and I think more than any diet, this is it.

That....and vitamin E, gabapentin and topical magnesium. Best wishes to you and good luck with your struggles.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), petra (22nd May 2019), Rosemarie (22nd May 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Everywhere I go I hear health issues. It seems that health maladies are everywhere and people are confuse of what works and what does not.Or what works best. Perhaps we can share our health protocols to compare and come up with what works in most people.

I will post mine later.
    My top 3 what works

1. Knowing that before manifestation, everything begins in mind. I study Joe Dispenza, Bruce Lipton, Neville (Goddard). I listen to inspiring information. Right now I am listening To paul selig's Mastery books. This keeps information in my mind. Joe Dispenza teaches that we are the placebo. The placebo effect means to me that we should only do those things that we think will be helpful to us. The nocebo is that we should avoid all that we think will harm. Personally I do not sincerely believe that smoking organic rolled tobacco will harm me. I am not needing to smoke and never do when in my work day. I love smoking tobacco.

2. I first see myself as energy and information and a spiritual being expressing physicalness. I became a massage therapist and I benefit from giving massage as the flow of life force form the Uni aids ME also. I highly recommend body work given and received. I think it is the feedback to the energetic body of more awareness by releasing physical tension.

I learned to imagine tools that I use on my field. It started with hearing Robert Bruce talk about a "golden sieve" that is passed through the field. I elaborated my own "machine" that is much like a vacuum cleaner. I have developed it over the last several years but it is basically a 'box" with a button and plunger and dial.

I usually dial it to "send everything to source" and suck areas in my field that feel congested. I feel pain associated in my body with these congested areas. I also use it when i am feeling emotionally upset or when i get the anxious feeling that means to me I have taken on others energy. I don't protect myself except to make sure the bubble of my Me(mbrane) is intact. This vacumm also has cleared beginning cold symptoms. I never stay "ill at ease" long.

Another exercise I use is from Tobias Lars. It has to do with feeling the subtle envelope which is the perfect representation of the body and releasing blocks. You feel the soft energy by beginning with the hand. It is soft, light and the attention paid to it needs to be soft and light. Scanning the field is based on feeling the subtle body.

3. I use essential oils like oil of oregano. For instance I was developing a tooth infection that caused my jaw to swell. I put full strength drops at the tooth line (a couple) and within seconds the pain was gone, then in a few hours all the swelling.

A few years ago I started using a green drink brand called "Perfect food". When I drink it at night, I think it detoxes as I will see my under eyes less dark circled, whites brighter and there is no achiness during the day.

My beauty treatment is helichrysum oil which is an antihistamine and anti inflammatory... a beautiful oil. It helps with any itchy areas like poison ivy.

I have migraines and that is one place I use allopathy. I never leave home without Imitrex. I believe in the Imitrex and it works. So in a way, I would say that number 1 is my PRIMARY health practice.

I KNOW I am a powerful creator. I respect my beliefs as powerful filters. I can change my beliefs but as long as they are true for me, violating them is a No No.

Thanks... I am woowoo I think but that works for me.

I rate my health as excellent and getting better. Maggie
    Last edited by Delight; 21st May 2019 at 05:15.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), meeradas (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

1. Plant-based nutrition and eventually a raw vegan one is necessary. Especially during these times that the planet's energy is much subtler and sensitive. The spiritual and energetic consequences of eating meat are huge and we don't even have to talk about other issues like the environment, global economy, world food and morality.

2. Meditation and self-inquiry. Disentifying from the body-mind system and the constant bombardment of superficial external stimuli of our crazy society.

3. Unconditional Love to yourself and everyone else. It's very practical because it raises vibration, heals and makes the world a better place. Most illnesses are psychosomatic, so this is important to start from healing your own traumas.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), Pam (21st May 2019), what is a name? (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Bubu, I don't mean to inadvertantly criticize anybody else, .
    I dont know about others but I certainly dont see that in your first post. Its just that I am having hard time what to make of your post. You certainly brought out a valid health protocol. You see I am trying to classify the protocols presented. As was brought out by Maggie, manifestation, begins in mind.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

I will post mine later.

I rate my health as excellent and getting better. Maggie
    awesome that"s the magic word.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Olam, can you please elaborate on the spiruline detox. How you do it step by step.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

awesome that"s the magic word.
    I have posted on the pursuit of this magic here

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Olam, can you please elaborate on the spiruline detox. How you do it step by step.
    It's very simple, you can get Spiruline in compressed "capsules" or in raw form.
    Spiruline can get messy but I still prefer the raw form as I don't like swallowing big capsules.
    So I just mix the raw spiruline with quality water and drink it.
    Say one heaping tablespoon of that in a big glass of water.
    I can take as much as I want, so if I get hungry , I take another glass.
    Usually I end up taking two tablespoons of it a day.
    After the first 3 days, I might need less.
    Tastes like crap!......I see it as medecine.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Iloveyou (21st May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Pam (21st May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    My top 3 what works . . .
    Beautifully expressed, Delight. All of the above.

It is my approach, too. Just more basic, child-like, raw. Before sending things back to source I talk to the disease, the symptoms, loud and straight. I ask, listen and negotiate. Sometimes the symptom and I have to find a compromise, make a contract. I do not let it get away with excuses (‚It‘ being a part of myself, of course). The worse I feel (which happens very rarely) the more I regress and allow myself to feel and express what might be the cause.

That‘s top one. Next is fasting or at least eating very little. Reduce the intake (not only of food, of all main external influences). Usually I do it twice a year, unsystematically, without a protocol. Just following the ‚body-talk‘. Then nutrition. That’s work in progress, sigh . . . At the moment 70% vegan, 20% vegetarian, 10% omnivore. Still some bad habits, foolishly. Lots of excellent-quality olive oil. Basic supplements - Dr. Rath products - from time to time, plus vitamin D and K.

The only thing I was not able to resolve by now is teeth problems and gum disease. Dentist says, my mouth is a construction site. Meanwhile orderly, cleaned-up and well cared for, but unpredictable. I‘ve come to the conclusion that the cause for unexplainable bad teeth / gum problems lies in violation and injuries of the jaw region, in early childhood or former lives (torture). Because of permanent tension / contraction. For example. After having tried MMS, toothpaste based on bloodroot, sodium bicarbonate, Xylit and turmeric - hydrogen peroxide now seems to work best.
    Oil pull every now and then works great . . . but see: discipline

Thirdly trust in the body wisdom. It can resolve and heal everything by itself when we allow it without interferring too much (emotionally or mentally). The knowledge that disease is never my adversary. No fighting necessary. Compassion and understanding for the part of myself that causes it.

I‘ve always been blessed with a strong and healthy physical constitution. On a range between 1 and 10 I would rate my health with 2,5. Could easily be 1,5 with a bit of discipline. Oh gosh, I hate discipline

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), Pam (21st May 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,448 times in 32,921 posts

Great thread.
    1. I take a ton of supplements.
    2. I'm just about to start with a bunch of tonic herbs that Constance has recommended.
    3. I detox regularly, with periodic water fasts: see the Water Fasting thread.
    4. I eat very healthily, and don't drink alcohol (or take anything mood-altering apart from coffee).
    5. Importantly — I'm convinced — I exercise frequently with near-daily workouts (a half-hour hike with a 25 lb backpack 200 ft up a half mile hill and back again), and periodically venture out on strenuous long hikes into the high mountains.
    6. Twice daily, I use a Vielight intranasal laser (discussed here), which optimizes blood oxygenation.
    The reasons for all this! (i.e. what I'm compensating for)
    • I live at 9,100 ft (2775m). That means that I have 73% of the oxygen I'd have at sea level. (See this interesting calculator.) I'm now convinced that although it's great to live here, it has a long-term wearing-down stress effect on the body unless one's born way up high and has a hardwired genetic adaptation to high altitude (as Incas and Sherpas do, for instance).
    • I live in a rain-damaged, moldy house. I've only recently become aware of how serious the problem is: see my wake-up post here. It's crystal clear I now have to embark on a major project to replace all the moldy roof timbers, a huge job. It'll cost a lot, but there's no choice to be made. This might be the major factor affecting my long-term well-being.
    An interesting question about rating one's health.

I'm pleased to be able to handle long strenuous hikes in the mountains at high altitude, I'd guess better than 99.9% of people half my age. I'd give myself 11 out of 10 for that.

But when I'm at home, I often feel a little fatigued, and the discovery of roof mold (see above) explains that totally. At home, I'm something like 6/10, compared with how I'd like to be feeling (10). And that number has very gradually been falling over the last 2-3 years.

But I'm not ill or sick in any way. It's purely an energy thing, which is interesting — but of course, most important.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st May 2019 at 13:44.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Ben (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Constance (8th June 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Hym (23rd May 2019), leavesoftrees (22nd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), Rosemarie (21st May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019), Yoda (22nd May 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

For anyone that has not considered dropping meat or dairy from their diet, please hear my story...

It wasn't until I met my wife that things changed for me. When I went out with her, I would always eat a vegetarian meal - out of respect for her, but also to just try some new dishes. (She didn't care if I ate meat because that was my choice.) When I ate meals without her I would eat my regular meat based meals. Over a short period of time I found that my body was changing - I noticed that I just felt better after eating vegetarian.

As time progressed the difference in how my body felt became more apparent. I began craving fruit and vegetables instead of other snacks. One day I went into a fast food restaurant and my throat closed up and I began to gag - I was surprised because prior to that I felt completely fine. I realized that it was because they had started cooking trays of bacon and the smell was making me gag. I thought WTH? I love bacon!

My body showed me how I should be eating and I could no longer eat meat. Sinve changing to a vegen diet I have noticed a major change in my body and it also helps me with my sleep. Also, compared to many other friends who are the same age as me but are not vegetarians, I look 10-15 years younger than them. My skin is not as wrinkled and I still have most of my hair.

Going vegen is the best health choice I have made in my life.

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Ben (21st May 2019), Bill Ryan (21st May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Delight (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Hym (23rd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), Olam (21st May 2019), sunwings (22nd May 2019), ZenBaller (21st May 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

I'm pleased to be able to handle long strenuous hikes in the mountains at high altitude, I'd guess better than 99.9% of people half my age. I'd give myself 11 out of 10 for that.

Now I take that as superhuman feat which is of course very possible. I do have my little, not very secret, way of achieving a superhuman feat.

So far I am seeing 3 consistents: supplements, mind matters (anyone have a better way of describing this), and detox and have at least 4 varieties to try that I have never tried before.
    Last edited by Bubu; 21st May 2019 at 20:39.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (22nd May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice thread this one.

I treat geriatrics every day and it’s amazing how many people marching through their 90’s have lived largely unhealthy lives of smoking, alcohol and pretty crap diets of processed food. There are those amongst us who can seemingly do as they wish - ie no supplements, cutting out meat, dairy, gluten, fasting, filtered water etc etc. science will eventually establish the robust gene profile that makes up these individuals and will come up with a method to alter genetic profiles to rule out the big killers ie heart disease, cancer etc. Sadly, for many of us it really is a genetic lottery, and regardless of how “healthy” some of us may live - we’ve got genetic time bomb that’s ticking.

In saying all of that, my job is about doing the best I can to help those who irrespective of their fortune or misfortune of their genetic blue print is to advise on many of the interventions suggested on this thread, as most of us have a substantial influence on the number of years that lie ahead and more importantly the quality of those years.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Ben (22nd May 2019), Bubu (21st May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Mercedes (22nd May 2019), wondering (21st May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast