+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-murder activist savagely murdered in her own home

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Anti-murder activist savagely murdered in her own home

Quote Farm-attacks activist found brutally murdered on her Makhado farm

Police are on the hunt for an employee of Annette Kennealy, who was found murdered on her farm near Makhado in Limpopo.

Netwerk24 reported that Limpopo police spokesperson Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe has called on one Kenny Ramatshimbila, who resides in the Mauluma area in the Vhembe district of Limpopo, to report to the Makhado police station for questioning. He reportedly lived on the premises and has subsequently disappeared.

Kennealy, 50, was an activist against farm attacks and related murders.

[...]

"On arrival he found the deceased inside the house lying in a pool of blood, with multiple stab wounds. The whereabouts of the deceased's employee is unknown at this stage."

According to Maroela Media, Kennealy's body was found with several wounds to her head. A hammer and iron pipe were found next to her body.

Kennealy was outspoken about farm murders, Her last Facebook posts highlighted the issue.
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-farm-20190522

There are those who believe that farm murders aren't a real problem in South Africa, and then there are South African farmers.

At what point does feigned or willful ignorance become complicity in murder? Seems to me that the level of criminal negligence in this situation goes far beyond the abuse that previous generations took before revolt and independence bids. Ironically, it seems the only functioning police force in South Africa is the private force employed by the farmers.

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Anti-murder activist savagely murdered in her own home

This is what happens when you forget the rights of your neighbors and that they deserve the same level of respect as you. Generations ago the superiority of the white race dominated the world like no other time in history, aided by technology. Instead of working with indigoneous peoples the white race decided to dominate and subjucate.

And so now when the shoe is on the other foot they cry bloody murder.

The children of the subjugated have long memories...

Not that the situation deserves the suffering but it could have been completely different. Instead, greed won out over the heart - as always.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Cipher (22nd May 2019), Karila (22nd May 2019)

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    At what point does feigned or willful ignorance become complicity in murder? Seems to me that the level of criminal negligence in this situation goes far beyond the abuse that previous generations took before revolt and independence bids. Ironically, it seems the only functioning police force in South Africa is the private force employed by the farmers.
    I hate to even suggest this, but this might have been prevented if she had a way to defend her self (such as a gun or a guard dog)

I'm not sure I understand where the negligence and ignorance lies. I mean, murderers exist - they aren't going anywhere. This seems like a targeted attack which could NOT have easily been prevented. In an ideal world, there wouldn't be any murderers, but since there are - we need to be prepared to defend ourselves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Valerie Villars (22nd May 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    This is what happens when you forget the rights of your neighbors and that they deserve the same level of respect as you. Generations ago the superiority of the white race dominated the world like no other time in history, aided by technology. Instead of working with indigoneous peoples the white race decided to dominate and subjucate.

Not that the situation deserves the suffering but it could have been completely different. Instead, greed won out over the heart - as always.
    It sounds exactly like you are arguing that they deserve what is happening to them now. It's sad, but ever since the Frankfurt School, the West has been increasingly taught to hate itself and even seems to encourage its own destruction. Everyone else is untouchable, but god damn those dirty whites.

I don't suppose it would matter to you in the least that the Bantu Africans committing these murders actually arrived in South Africa after the Dutch colonizers. Other African tribes lived in South Africa before that, such as the Zulu, but the Bantu later invaded and colonized the land themselves. So, your history is a little bit lacking, despite your trying to use it to justify murder.

I would imagine, according to your logic, that the Bantu now also deserve a similar fate.

7. Link to Post #5
    Panama Avalon Member
    Thanks

I really try to avoid getting involved in these types of discussions because more often than not it's interpreted as if I'm trying to convince someone to consider an alternative to their world view.

Race, religion and politics are polarizing topics. Most people form their believes based on how issues reflect on their individual situation in life and their personal experiences and rarely take the time to imagine how 'other' people are impacted as a whole. You talk about 'the west has been increasingly taught to hate itself ', I've been hearing that a lot lately. If by the 'west' you mean the established power structure that for centuries has used race, religion and politics to subjugate
    those deemed to be other than or less than, then yeah, it's a thing worth hating. Apartheid is something worth hating, slavery is something worth hating, genocide is something worth hating. Those are heinous crimes against humanity. It doesn't matter who the perpetrators are. Those were/are actions usually inspired by an individual who later formed a collective of like minded individuals with the power to impose their will on those regarded as being less than. You don't have to look very hard to see how humans have treated other humans in-humanely. Im not referring to neighborhood turf wars or _________ on _________ crimes (fill in the blanks), I'm referring to people who fall under a specific ethnic, religious or political group as a whole. I can't even begin to imagine the depth a person has to sink to to view another life as being worth less then their own based on those differences.

These atrocities are not unique to the 'west', they have existed for thousands of years in one form or another and on many continents. However, the ink (or should I say blood) is still drying on the minds and hearts of the people who don't yet have the benefit of time to 'get over it' just yet. And if you don't have to live through the constant reminder of the effects of those injustices, you really can't tell those who do how to feel or the best way to 'deal with it'.
    Last edited by Cipher; 23rd May 2019 at 01:07.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cipher For This Post:

Pam (23rd May 2019)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

This kind of thinking perpetuates victimhood and is promoting and rationalizing the same behavior that you complain about in your post. First of all, no one deserves or warrants being slaughtered in their own home, no one. Second, I highly doubt this woman has done anything that you attribute to the white race. Why should she be held accountable for something that happened in the past? The best apology for bad behavior is correcting that behavior, which I believe is being attempted at this time. How is torturing, butchering and slaughtering farm families going to make things better? Do you feel you should be accountable for the actions of your ancestors? Are you aware that there was was a lot of conquest of land among the blacks as well, or do you conveniently leave that out of the narrative.

In your estimation how many generations will it take to account for the sins of the white race? Do you realize that your attitude is detrimental to the black race as you are promoting their victim status. Do you think encouraging anyone or any group to think of themselves as victims is beneficial? Wouldn't your compassion and empathy be better served uplifting and encouraging all humans?
    Last edited by Pam; 23rd May 2019 at 12:50.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd May 2019), BMJ (27th May 2019), wondering (23rd May 2019)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    I hate to even suggest this, but this might have been prevented if she had a way to defend her self (such as a gun or a guard dog)

I'm not sure I understand where the negligence and ignorance lies. I mean, murderers exist - they aren't going anywhere. This seems like a targeted attack which could NOT have easily been prevented. In an ideal world, there wouldn't be any murderers, but since there are - we need to be prepared to defend ourselves.
    This woman was betrayed by one of her employees on the farm. I can understand her letting her defenses down, who expects a employee to butcher you?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd May 2019), petra (23rd May 2019), wondering (23rd May 2019)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    In your estimation how many generations will it take to account for the sins of the white race?
    And remember that the people saying this stuff are the exact same people who cry that separating illegal immigrants from their parents during the detainment process is wrongfully punishing children for their parents' mistakes.

So children can't be held responsible for their parents' mistakes, unless it's white people, apparently, because every white person must be held collectively responsible for every crime that any white person ever committed, even hundreds of years ago. And we won't even ask what every other race has been up to in the mean time.

And separating children from parents (which always happens during any type of arrest) is a horrendous, Hitlerian evil, but mass murder is no big deal.

This is what happens when you take your morality lessons from insane people who don't even have a sense of logic, let alone anything resembling religion or spirituality.

14. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)

This woman was betrayed by one of her employees on the farm. I can understand her letting her defenses down, who expects a employee to butcher you?
    Betrayed by her own employee... wow... well that's certainly unavoidable. It's impossible to protect against betrayal. They must have been a very good actor.... :/
    I realize I have a pretty negative worldview, I'm just cynical because the way I look at it - if I wanted someone dead badly enough, they'd be dead. Conversely... if someone wanted ME dead badly enough... _I_ would be dead!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Pam (25th May 2019)

16. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

In your estimation how many generations will it take to account for the sins of the white race? Do you realize that your attitude is detrimental to the black race as you are promoting their victim status. Do you think encouraging anyone or any group to think of themselves as victims is beneficial? Wouldn't your compassion and empathy be better served uplifting and encouraging all humans?
    It might take a couple of generations. Without relatively recent focus on the consequences of colonialism on native populations...maybe more. What happened to this woman is really terrible and unfortunately will not be investigated by the current government. But as other posters have pointed out, it has to be seen in context.

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Maybe what people should be asking is what motivated the employee to kill her.

Notice how you never see anyone even make a single accusation of "racism" in the South African press as all of this is going on. That's a significant omission that people should not be glibly ignoring.

18. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

The point is not the victimhood or the justification. Instead, the point is that none of it needed to happen, had we shared the planet and our wealth and expertise without strings with the entire world- as is only right. We did not do it because of greed and the need to dominate. So now we see the unprivelidged striking out - inappropriately perhaps but getting even is never pretty.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd May 2019), Cipher (23rd May 2019), Pam (25th May 2019), petra (23rd May 2019)

20. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The point is not the victimhood or the justification. Instead, the point is that none of it needed to happen, had we shared the planet and our wealth and expertise without strings with the entire world- as is only right. We did not do it because of greed and the need to dominate. So now we see the unprivelidged striking out - inappropriately perhaps but getting even is never pretty.
    I boil this problem down to "some people are not happy unless others are unhappy"
    "Need to dominate"... pfft. I don't even know what that's like, nor do I understand it - but I DO know it is a huge problem. If we could get rid of that, maybe the rape would stop too. Dare to dream.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (27th May 2019), Ernie Nemeth (23rd May 2019), Pam (25th May 2019)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

How are the "kill the Boer" Bantu underprivileged when they control the government, police, and media? What else do they need to be given?

23. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

"what else do they need to be given." ---V from the Mountains

That's a revealing statement, Voice. It was what....the white's pedagogic benevolence given like a gift to the Bantus? Were the Bantus not part of the apartheid system that was in place up until the late seventies or early eighties? That's recent.

24. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    "what else do they need to be given." ---V from the Mountains

That's a revealing statement, Voice. It was what....the white's pedagogic benevolence given like a gift to the Bantus? Were the Bantus not part of the apartheid system that was in place up until the late seventies or early eighties? That's recent.
    The country has been under Nelson Mandela's ANC for about thirty years now.

So is the problem that whites still need to give up more in South Africa, or the ANC just needs more time to stop destroying their country worse than it was before? They have made the situation worse. How does that mean they need more time?

See, this is a perfect example of what is wrong with racism today. You seem to think that white people are the only ones who can be racist by default, and not only that, but that they ARE racist and the source of all problems by default. Whites have virtually no political power in South Africa anymore, the country is a total wreck, whites are being murdered on an epidemic level, and you STILL want to blame it on whitey. Have you ever taken the time to consider where you got these inner beliefs from?
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 23rd May 2019 at 17:04.

25. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Greetings and salutations:

It's sad, but ever since the Frankfurt School, the West has been increasingly taught to hate itself and even seems to encourage its own destruction. Everyone else is untouchable, but god damn those dirty whites.
    Not exactly true, as that is not what the Frankfurt School was all about.

I don't suppose it would matter to you in the least that the Bantu Africans committing these murders actually arrived in South Africa after the Dutch colonizers.
    Not true. The Bantu peoples began arriving in Southern Africa a few hundred years AD.

I would imagine, according to your logic, that the Bantu now also deserve a similar fate.
    The idea of "just deserts" is a difficult one unless you are coming from a Karmic and, therefore, spiritual standpoint. Nature seems to happen and people seem to do what they do, regardless of ethnicity. There is only one multiversal human family and we all share certain aspects of beingness that run the gamut of polar expression. If those Bantu people at some point abused others, murdered others for their land, then yes, they would indeed deserve a similar fate. The time frame of that karmic recompense would then be at issue.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th May 2019), BMJ (27th May 2019), Pam (25th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Hello.

It's sad, but ever since the Frankfurt School, the West has been increasingly taught to hate itself and even seems to encourage its own destruction. Everyone else is untouchable, but god damn those dirty whites.
    I wouldn't mind a better synopsis, if you want to give me one.

I don't suppose it would matter to you in the least that the Bantu Africans committing these murders actually arrived in South Africa after the Dutch colonizers.
    Not true. The Bantu peoples began arriving in Southern Africa a few hundred years AD.
    These are pretty vague terms, but I did some digging and it looks like no one is completely sure when these migrations to specific areas took place in the interior, and it seems you are correct that Bantu people were within parts of the modern borders of South Africa already. I have a feeling that the reason the record is limited might be because Europeans took a long time to get off the boats and deeper into the interior themselves.

The general Bantu migration pattern, for those not familiar, is typically presented as something like this:

But even that doesn't seem to be so certain:

Quote How these languages spread into southern Africa remains uncertain. Today archaeologists agree that the forbears of such Bantu speakers as the Kalanga, Karanga, and Venda achieved a height of material cultural development in the tenth and fifteenth centuries. They built beautiful structures, pits and fortresses, including the Zimbabwe Ruins, which spread across Zimbabwe into Botswana. These fortresses are also found at Mapungubwe and other places in the northern regions of South Africa.

Whites first encountered Bantu-speakers in the eastern Cape in the 16th century,and in the central interior at the beginning of the 19th century.
    https://www.sahistory.org.za/article...ing-term-bantu

The first Dutch to settle in South Africa were shipwrecked (on a ship ironically named the Nieuwe Haarlem), so I guess you could say they were refugees. That was in 1647, and after they were rescued, the Dutch came back and built a trading post along their sea route to the East Indies. I've never read the primary accounts of all of this but I'm sure it would be very interesting material.

The Bantu arrived in South Africa as part of their centuries-long migration that included plenty of warfare against the people already living on the land they were invading (as well as among each other), including the "pygmies."

The idea of "just deserts" is a difficult one unless you are coming from a Karmic and, therefore, spiritual standpoint. Nature seems to happen and people seem to do what they do, regardless of ethnicity. There is only one multiversal human family and we all share certain aspects of beingness that run the gamut of polar expression. If those Bantu people at some point abused others, murdered others for their land, then yes, they would indeed deserve a similar fate. The time frame of that karmic recompense would then be at issue.
    Karma to me is just cause and effect, and I have trouble believing it is a form of unfailing divine retribution. Stalin died peacefully in his sleep at a relatively old age for such a brutal dude. Where was his karma? And that's on an individual level, where paying for actions makes more sense. People paying collectively as a race for something they may have had nothing to do with personally, or I guess what you might call "racial karma," makes even less sense to me as an idea.

Anyway, nothing about the murder and other crime sprees going unchecked in South Africa right now is a good thing. If murdering innocent people generates bad karma, then that type of retribution must also be a karmic sin, creating an endless cycle of violence. And that actually is probably what is going to happen.

28. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Hello.

I wouldn't mind a better synopsis, if you want to give me one.
    Well, from what I recall in Grad school critical theory is about critiquing ALL institutionalized systems and the Frankfort school eventually ended up diversifying their analyses from one extreme, Capitalism, to Communism. They shifted psychoanalysis and also merged some things as well as a synthesis to look at both the failures and the successes of Western civilization with a critical eye toward improvements. What I took from all of that and what I believe many who have seen it as a useful stance to take when looking at systemic issues, is that the original conception of these systems, capitalism, socialism and communism, as separate and equal was wrong from the getgo it seems. To make a human civilization work, there has to be some combination of all of these means of organization augmented by technological development that is not only consumptive in nature but also altruistic, in that there is a certain level beneath which all members of a society are protected from falling.

These are pretty vague terms, but I did some digging and it looks like no one is completely sure when these migrations to specific areas took place in the interior, and it seems you are correct that Bantu people were within parts of the modern borders of South Africa already. I have a feeling that the reason the record is limited might be because Europeans took a long time to get off the boats and deeper into the interior themselves.
    That is certainly correct. The interior was dangerous for Europeans, not just because of hostile native folk, but also the heat and the creatures, large and small. You might be interested to understand that there was actually a westerward migration of what has been called Bantu people from the Nile Delta into Western Africa, with the influx of the Southwest Asian civilizations who overran Egypt in the late BC era (2500 BC-0). The migration southward from West into Southern Africa occurred in the millennia since, as the San People are apparently the original inhabitants of the landscape, exemplified by the Xhosa and their "click" language, a remnant of that civilization.

Karma to me is just cause and effect, and I have trouble believing it is a form of unfailing divine retribution.
    I would agree with that. Simple and remorseless. I would also tender the possibility that "unfailing divine retribution" could also be cause and effect, just take out the "divine" part.

Stalin died peacefully in his sleep at a relatively old age for such a brutal dude. Where was his karma? And that's on an individual level, where paying for actions makes more sense. People paying collectively as a race for something they may have had nothing to do with personally, or I guess what you might call "racial karma," makes even less sense to me as an idea.
    If you add in the generations of the descendants of people who committed those atrocities and looked, actually looked, at the general state of these groups, psychologically and materially, what might your conclusion be in regards to the potentiality of karma being "passed down" like epigenetics, "unto the 7th generation"?

Anyway, nothing about the murder and other crime sprees going unchecked in South Africa right now is a good thing. If murdering innocent people generates bad karma, then that type of retribution must also be a karmic sin, creating an endless cycle of violence. And that actually is probably what is going to happen.
    Yes. Until someone, or some group, breaks the cycle. Finally.

+ Reply to Thread