+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Chrononaut Phenomenon and Covert Projects

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Post The Chrononaut Phenomenon and Covert Projects

Hello Avaloners,

my first post here. Thank you for accepting me into your community!

I have recently retired early and am considering starting a mid or late year PhD likely in sociology (for my own enjoyment), exploring the Chrononaut Phenomenon (Time Traveler Phenomenon) and it's potential links to supposed covert projects. Perhaps there is a list of such material on this site or numerous threads where the information is compiled. Unfortunately I do not know Avalon well enough to find my way around. So forgive me if I am treading old ground.

I wonder if those of you who know about such things might provide me with a list of individuals connected to the phenomenon or time travel and or space travel related experiences or alleged projects, such that I might review what others have said to make my final decision about whether to go ahead or not with my PhD. It is such a confabulated and confusing subject, that I think considerable research maybe useful to determine whether it's worth pursuing.

As an avid old school sci fi fan and former scientist, I have long being interested in the subject but only now do I have the time to look more seriously into it. I am afraid I am not up to date with the latest conspiracies or ideas about what can or has been done.

It would be useful however if in addition to such a list, you might be able to summarize what kind of projects exist, where I might find further information, what kinds of travel mechanisms they reportedly used (technology, RV, multilocation, projections etc.). I am also curious about the latest conjecture about how such travel can be done, who outside of covert projects might be doing it, as well what might be the reasons for time or time/space travelling. There must be some motivator behind these alleged activities?

My interest is in both the apparently objective phenomenon and the purely subjective and speculative. I am curious about what is real and why this subject seems of such great interest to humans at this time. There seems to be a great deal of false information or planted information becoming popular but I am sure amid such falsities there are kernels of what is real.

This is a fascinating subject to me in terms of what may or may not be happening and in terms of how people relate to the subject both psychologically and sociologically.

Any efforts towards helping me to compile such a list would be most appreciated!

Best wishes to all,
    Robert.
    Last edited by Robert deTree; 3rd June 2019 at 12:19.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

aoibhghaire (3rd June 2019), avid (4th June 2019), bennycog (4th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd June 2019), BMJ (3rd June 2019), Chip (3rd June 2019), Constance (3rd June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Iloveyou (4th June 2019), Intranuclear (3rd June 2019), Jad (3rd June 2019), James (4th June 2019), justalight (4th July 2019), Justplain (6th June 2019), Mark (3rd June 2019), Mike (5th June 2019), mountain_jim (3rd June 2019), Nasu (5th June 2019), panpravda (3rd June 2019), rgray222 (5th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Tintin (3rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

Default Re: The Chrononaut Phenomenon and Covert Projects

A very warm welcome to the forum Robert
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

aoibhghaire (3rd June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd June 2019), BMJ (3rd June 2019), Chip (3rd June 2019), Constance (3rd June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Jad (3rd June 2019), mountain_jim (3rd June 2019), Nasu (5th June 2019), Robert deTree (4th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Greetings Robert

welcome to Avalon. I live not very far from you and have visited Portland many times

If you click on Advanced search in the top right hand corner of the Avalon page, and do a search on "time travel" (include the inverted commas) you will pull up enough threads to keep you occupied for a few months

enjoy

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

aoibhghaire (3rd June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd June 2019), BMJ (3rd June 2019), Chip (3rd June 2019), Constance (3rd June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Jad (3rd June 2019), Lefty Dave (4th June 2019), Nasu (5th June 2019), Robert deTree (4th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you Tintin and leavesoftrees !

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Is anyone aware of the legitimacy of Looking Glass and the many different aspects of that project ?

Cheers,
    Robert.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

That sounds really fascinating, Robert!

There is plenty of great empirical evidence on the validity of remote viewing or cognitive bilocation, and plenty of anecdotal evidence, but I've yet to come across anything solid on actual physical time travel.

A strong time-bending effect occurs sometimes in cognitive bilocation, such as the subject seeing specific physical structures at the location being viewed that were demolished decades ago, but this, much like the concept itself, is like riding wild horses. These things happen, but they're often times unpredictable in timing and magnitude, and often whimper out when being tested - a singer who sings great at home, but can't replicate it as well on stage.

That might be a good place to do some sleuthing.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Robert deTree (4th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Variant (here)

There is plenty of great empirical evidence on the validity of remote viewing or cognitive bilocation, and plenty of anecdotal evidence, but I've yet to come across anything solid on actual physical time travel.

A strong time-bending effect occurs sometimes in cognitive bilocation, such as the subject seeing specific physical structures at the location being viewed that were demolished decades ago, but this, much like the concept itself, is like riding wild horses. These things happen, but they're often times unpredictable in timing and magnitude, and often whimper out when being tested - a singer who sings great at home, but can't replicate it as well on stage.

Variant, can you please say more about "cognitive bilocation" as opposed to physical bilocation or multilocation, as I am not aware of this term ?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Constance (5th June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm also wondering if anyone has any comments on the accuracy of future predictions regarding RV. Bright Garlick has spoken about the lack of understanding of what he refers to as Conjoined Space (a term given to him by his ET friend) and that each future looked at exists as a different space. https://etandi.wordpress.com/?s=remote+viewers

That seems to be a very different way of looking at time travel to me than the conventional modality. Could it be that we have our ideas about space/time, the space time continuum all wrong ? In which case all endevours to investigate time travel could be barking up the wrong tree ?

Cheers,
    Robert.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Constance (5th June 2019), Debra (4th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), meeradas (5th June 2019), mountain_jim (4th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Love the idea of raising a doctorate on this topic, Robert deTree. I have been curious about it for awhile.

I once had an experience one morning about 10 years ago when I observed a man walking down a main road. He was so out of place - and the instant thought was - he’s a time traveller. I was driving at the time on this busy road and deliberately slowed down as this impactful thought overtook me. I was quite shocked - because it came out of the blue and I believe to this day that my instant download of intuition was telling me something important. All I can say it was something about the way he was walking and what he was wearing - it was all of not of the time - the rest was pure feedback.

Later, I read the accounts about John Titor ... there’s something about that case too.

Please share more about what first attracted you to this field of interest, Robert. I want to know more.

Also, welcome to Avalon
    Last edited by Debra; 4th June 2019 at 11:57.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Constance (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

Quote Posted by Robert deTree (here)
    Quote Posted by Variant (here)

Variant, can you please say more about "cognitive bilocation" as opposed to physical bilocation or multilocation, as I am not aware of this term ?
    Certainly! Cognitive bilocation implies your cognition or rational awareness is both observing a cliff in southern China and still within your body making occasional remarks about the cliff to the experimenter. I’ve heard it used when referring to experiences that were remotely viewed using chemical “pressers,” like tetrahydrocannabinolic acid or N-dimethyltryptamime, so I thought to include both.

It’s more or less the idea that even when CEO leaves town to do some sightseeing, the janitor stays behind sweeping the office.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2019), Constance (5th June 2019), Debra (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), mountain_jim (4th June 2019), Robert deTree (5th June 2019), RunningDeer (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,488 times in 861 posts

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Avalon

I don't know if this is useful to you but I remember over 20 years ago that the Damanhur Community in Italy provided a course in time travel.

http://www.damanhur.org/

I'm not up to date if this course is still provided: But here are the details at the time.

OLAMI DAMANHUR UNIVERSITY

PHYSICAL TRAINING COURSES FOR TIME TRAVELERS

The beginning of a training course and selection structured in a series of levels that can lead to becoming a Temponaut.

A two day intensive to check if you have the appropriate physical disposition for time travel

An opportunity to learn the basic knowledge necessary needed for survival in time and geographic conditions that are very different from those of today.

A close friend of mine was there at the facilities, but was concerned over the ethics of this process.

Regarding teleportation: I know of one scientist (retired from ESA in space dynamics) who successfully with three other scientists teleported a lizard over 10 metres on the island of Tenerife, Spain in 2016. It was a private experiment. Since then rudimentary experiments have been into tachyonic antitelephone (TAT). First successful demonstration was in April 2019 to a science meeting in St Andrews University, Scotland.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

Constance (5th June 2019), Debra (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), meeradas (5th June 2019), Robert deTree (5th June 2019), RunningDeer (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,889 times in 1,036 posts

There is a road local to me in Liverpool that is very popular called Bold Street. Few know of the weird history surrounding the area, from the red gnome sightings to the time slip stories that abound. I've heard from friends years ago of them being freaked out by weird shadow people on that street late at night.
    Here is a few from a thread I found that might interest you in regards time portals etc - I'm sure even this one location warrants a little investigation.
    Makes you wonder how many similar locations there are - or if the location shifts.

There are quiet a few accounts like the one below at the link - even more if you delve deeper

Time Slip Story #1

Frank & Carol

In this first tale, Frank set off with his wife to go shopping in Liverpool back in 1996. His wife decided that she wanted to go and buy a book at Waterstones the large book store, and they started to walk towards the area of the shop. As they approached Bold street, Frank decided to go to another shop first, but bumped into a friend, and stopped to chat in the street. His wife went ahead without him.

A few moments later, Frank said goodbye, visited his shop and turned to go back to meet his wife. After reaching Bold Street, he headed on towards the bookstore. As he approached, he glanced up and was surprised to see the name, Cripps above the door. As he was about to cross over to see what was going on, a van swept past him with the name Cardin’s on the side. The van drive honked his old fashioned horn and drove past.

Looking around, Frank suddenly realised that things were not quite what they should be. He looked at the cars driving past and realised that they were all old fashioned vehicles such as people would drive back in the 50s and 60s. And then he noticed the people. Men were wearing hats and macs, and the women were dressed in head scarves, full skirts and had old fashioned hair styles such as women wore just after the war.

By this time, Frank was beginning to feel slightly freaked out. He carried on crossing the road and headed towards the store. As he got closer he noticed through the window, handbags, shoes and umbrellas. Suddenly he saw a young woman standing looking totally bemused, up at the shop sign. She was wearing modern clothes and as she saw him approaching, smiled at him.

Frank went into the shop, closely followed by the young women. When they entered he was surprised and pleased to see that it had indeed turned back into a bookshop. The young women smiled, shook her head and said, 'that was strange, I thought it was a new clothes shop!' then she walked away looking extremely puzzled.

This may sound an unlikely tale, but the odd thing about it is that Frank was in fact a former Police officer who was used to dealing in facts, and definitely wasn't the type of person who would believe in the paranormal.

Frank never stopped talking about it. Was this a time slip? Evidently Cripps was a women’s shop that sold clothes and other goods, and Cardin’s was also a well known Liverpool firm that owned vans around the time Frank found himself in.

This happened to Lynda on Bold Street around the late 90's.

I stepped out of Central Station next to the Lyceum and put my foot on the road to head across to Waterstones.

In a split second the scene changed ... and a hansom cab went past me heading towards the cathedrals ... followed by lots of people in what I can only describe as being like the people on the Quality Street tins ... I'm hopeless at history so I don't have a clue what era they were.

It was the hats I noticed most as I tried to take in what I was seeing. The ladies wore bonnets with brims and the gents wore top hats and dark suits.

Several couples walked straight past me as if they didn't see me. I immediately thought I must have walked into a film set but there were no cameras about ... and anyway I couldn't have because when I stood on the pavement everyone was in the present time ... yet as soon as I stepped onto the road ... everything went into a different dimension.

At first I was confused and scared ... and then just really scared as I thought about what would have happened to me had I been unable to step back into the present time again.

Time Slip Story #9

St. Lukes Church

At the top of Casey Street are the remains of St Luke's church, which suffered major damage in the May Blitz of Liverpool during World War II.

One evening about 11 years ago, Mr C was in Liverpool city centre. It was December, and he had been to the Hi-Fi shop which was situated at the top of Bold Street.

He was now on his way to meet a friend for a drink before going home. The weather was cold, and the streets were icy. Mr C made his way to Casey Street, then turned down the side of the church.

As he passed the church he looked up, and was surprised to see that all the lights were on inside the church. He thought how unusual it was, as the church was derelict, not even having a roof. Occasionally there was a light shining in the porch, but nothing more. Mr C was amazed, but assumed that the church had been renovated since he had last been past it.

Shortly before Christmas, Mr C was again passing St Lukes. However, this time he noticed that the church was again in blackness, and was derelict and locked.

Later, Mr C read Tom Sleman's story of the church, and his "blood ran cold".

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_t...entral_caused/
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 4th June 2019 at 20:36.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Constance (5th June 2019), Debra (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Justplain (5th June 2019), meeradas (5th June 2019), mountain_jim (5th June 2019), Robert deTree (6th June 2019), RunningDeer (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Debra :

Thank you for sharing those unusual observations. Actually my interest has two points of origin. Firstly when I was a biologist, I often wondered how the development/adaptation of organisms large and small could be influenced by energy fields or what Sheldrake refers to as the Morphogenic field and I wondered if there might be a temporal element to that - information flowing backwards and forwards in time. Secondly I was also friends with Bright Garlick for a short while (he helped me to obtain funding to plant trees on my farm when he was the manager of a local environmental network) and when we met he spoke about Conjoined Space and explained how he was told that there is only space and that the other spaces (Conjoined Spaces) are actually different lives (what we see as parallel lives). He told me about some of his experiences of being aware of these concurrent lives but how some of them seemed to be at different times. At that stage he said he wanted to write a book about Conjoined Space and real life experiences of it but he changed his mind because he has been unwell with cancer and didn't want it to return (which it did). That made me think about some peculiar experiences that I had in my own life and I realized that I too have had similar strange experiences that could be better explained by Conjoined Space. I wondered if all our notions of time and space are based on misconceptions. Bright was apparently married to someone who profiled the future in a secret project (by going there - physically bilocating) and that made me very curious about how many secret projects were devoted to some sort of time travel. He said that his ET friend had told him it was impossible for any human to physically move to another time but that a small number (3 I think he said) were able to bilocate there. The rest was all viewing at a distance using RV or technology. He said that the aliens controlled what we do very tightly, so we don't cause harm to people in other times or places and that certain natural laws prevent certain types of travel.

To sum up. I now have lots of time on my hands. I thought of going back and doing a PhD in philosophy, systems engineering (developing models for novel root cause analysis for real world problems) or looking at some aspect of sociology or anthropology. I don't need to get a job out of it because money is no longer an issue. So It's about finding something I can enjoy exploring. And I think that this might just be my cup of tea. But I need to do a lot more looking to see whether the subject is worth pursuing. I'd like to start this year if I can but I may start next year if I need to spend longer looking into it. Perhaps it is a new and emerging field! Time Travel studies!

I believe that Bright maybe right and that a lot more people are having time related (Conjoined Space) related experiences than we realize. I'd like to explore that and see where it takes me. It maybe difficult to find a professor/supervisor interested in the subject who can remain open to it as I am but I believe I can find the right person. I'm currently in discussion with someone at Melbourne University who seems open to the idea but we'll see how it goes. I figure if I'm going to explore the subject, I may as well get something out of it and who knows, maybe I can put it to use sometime in the future!

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers,
    Robert.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

Constance (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Justplain (6th June 2019), mountain_jim (5th June 2019), RunningDeer (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Hi Robert

Welcome to the forum fellow Victorian!

There is a thread called Proof of time travel by Jane Tripp.

Jane is a member here but she hasn't visited Avalon since January 25th, 2018. She is very bright and knowledgeable, and her work is highly fascinating.

Edited to add: I have a very deep interest in time travel too.
    Last edited by Constance; 5th June 2019 at 02:41.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Jad (6th June 2019), Justplain (5th June 2019), mountain_jim (5th June 2019), Robert deTree (5th June 2019), RunningDeer (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you Did You See Them. These are just he sort of Time Slip tales that I find intriguing and have myself experienced 3 times. I suspect this phenomenon is much more widely found than we realize.

A good blog that may hit a note with you is Portals of London: https://portalsoflondon.com/.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Hi Robert

Welcome to the forum fellow Victorian!

There is a thread called Proof of time travel by Jane Tripp.

Jane is a member here but she hasn't visited Avalon since January 25th, 2018. She is very bright and knowledgeable, and her work is highly fascinating.

Edited to add: I have a very deep interest in time travel too.
    Thank you Constance, I will look into Janes work and see what I make of it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert deTree For This Post:

Constance (6th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Did You See Them (6th June 2019), RunningDeer (6th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread