Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Straight Pride gets attacked during "pride month"

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    There is a stark distinction between not discriminating and placing the gay contingent on a golden pedestal. They certainly deserve to be treated with respect and acceptance, but do not deserve any special considerations. Their voice cannot stifle normal discourse and quieten the voice of freedom. Straight people must not be made to feel guilty or shameful for simply being straight.

But we all know there is an underlying agenda that isn't addressed in polite company and the media is awfully quiet on it. The whole gay/lesbian/bi/trans/non-specific refusal to identify agenda has been co-opted by those seeking to obliterate family and community standards. Break up the strength of a nation and control is much easier.

Perhaps there is an agenda, but an important thing to remember is this: the average gay person is not suggesting anyone feel guilt or shame for being straight

Suggesting they do is an intellectually shallow thing to say, respectfully.
    I did not mean to intimate as much. The purveyors of discord, not the individuals, are guilty of it.
    Who are the purveyors of discord in this example? Are not the spreaders of the perceptions of the discord the ones doing all the actually heavy lifting for them?
    That's likely a rhetorical question, as the answer is evident, but I'll say yes, you are correct. They sometimes, maybe often, do so out of ignorance. They do not realize they are part of something more sinister. We're all used and engineered to some extent.
    "They"? ... or "We"?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orobo (here)
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    ... like stating it is okay to be white.
    For some reason these neither are culturally acceptable at the moment.
    There's also this new thing where you aren't allowed to say "Merry Christmas" anymore. I get told this all the time by overly fearful white people. So I ask them "why not?". And they respond "Because you'll offend the Muslims, of course!". I ask in curiosity, "who told you this?".
    "Well, everyone just knows this!"
    "Who's everyone, and how do they know?"
    "You mean you don't know about this!?"
    "No, I don't, lets go find some Muslims and test this out."
    "No! You can't do that!?" - they would respond with terror in their eyes ...

I say "Merry Christmas!" to every brown person I see (I live in Calgary, Lots of non-whites, and non-Christians here). Not one is offended. Some return a hearty smile and "Merry Christmas!" back, others, just smile and say "thank you!". Not one gets offended in any form or fashion.

"Should we try this on Jews? Maybe it'll work on Jews?"

In reality, the only people I ever met that would get offended from receiving a "merry Christmas" were white atheists, not Muslims, not Jews, not Sikhs (Sikhs love Christmas and respect Christ BTW), etc. Yet I was told constantly by all my friends of a certain political bias, that this was a real thing, and they knew it 'as a fact!!' ... but it was a lie created out of nothing more than fear itself.

It really is amazing how a bunch of like minded white people can create an entire divide and conquer strategy on their own just because they are full of fear. That fear and the results of thinking within that fear and the words and decisions that spawn from it, are what is quite often creating the "chaos" that they also are reporting ... a fear that manifests, a self realizing "prophecy" ... but its all just an evil born out of a sick perception that is not reflected in reality.

I also knew this black lady, who always was complaining about how she's constantly a victim of racism. We were in the store buying some stuff, and the clerk was a bit of an ass - but equally to me as to her - just some guy having a bad day I guess.

"Did you see the way he treated me! Just because I'm black!"

I didn't point out to her that the guy was treating everyone very equally crappy, but it was obvious that at least in part, her perception of "racism" was created by A) her expectation of it even if it didn't exist and B) Her inability to observe anything outside of herself and her own mind.

It is these types of things that are going to destroy our freedoms. And guess who's going to make damn sure its going to happen? The same people who bitch about not being "allowed" to say Merry Christmas in Canada. Not the "Left" not the "Capitilists", "not the PTB"

It'll be brought on by these type of people that have strong political and other biases, creating discord out of their fear everywhere it doesn't exist.

... from the same mouths while local culture is being erased.
    I don't want to discount what you say, but there's still much of this that is a RESULT of what people think "in their heads" - this was my point.

In my example, it was the local culture erasing their own culture. They made a choice to not say "Merry Christmas" anymore. Maybe someone started that rumour, or maybe they started it themselves, but it was the local people, the local culture, the ones feeling like they were being "attacked" that decided that they weren't allowed to say Merry Christmas anymore. They chose that. Not the Muslims, not the "social engineering" squad, not the "Lefties" not the "PTB" ... THEY chose that for themselves. Sure, public schools are still trying to purge religion, and find that balance as their demographic changes, but that doesn't stop ANYONE from saying "Merry Christmas" to anyone. That's a personal choice. This is how it starts ...

Also consider that thinking like this gets into the heads of CEOs and people who make advertising decision, all which is entirely driven by money. As Earth's demographics become more mixed, the target demographic for business also does the same. It is just a result of this, but it is that initial disease that first, is "only in the heads" - as you put it, and it is from this location that the damage begins to occur, NOT actually from any external source. As I said, its like a self actualizing prophecy, and the PTB sit back and watch and laugh at us destroy ourselves.

This is how the world gets destroyed. Who you blame is irrelevant in this light.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th June 2019 at 21:08.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

conk (7th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (9th June 2019), Orobo (6th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Well yes, you are right. For a large part.

I think the social codes are very strong, so signaling, conforming, statusbuilding etc maybe win from a larger perspective about ones culture and its values, and what is needed to survive.
    Because these values and their meaning are phased out, in the media, in schools.

"Internationalization" is inevitable, as agent Smith said it right. But exactly where do you want it to go?

It is a development that works itself forward with the internet at its core, after TV did a great part already. But who decides the programming?

Also, we are pretty myopic. If one is a long trem thinker, or doer, it goes under the radar for most of the time. Maybe apart from some flare-ups, when you hold your position, and your breath, and wait till the commotion has subsided. Then one can continue, while feeding the next slight of hand. Plain simple magician stuff. Keep em dumb enough, not seeing the whole picture. And keep that up just two generations, and you're scot free.

But it has to be fed, led. There comes in the hidden hand. Where originates the first publication of a term, or an action, a change? Someone does it, and it has to be sustained. Not too slow, not too fast.
    And then there have to be politicians, to throw the change in the lap of society. On the right moment, when enough of a base has been formed. Some have read about whatever it is this time, some not. The media and the discourse strategies wil iron out wrinkles that will pop up. And then a new ruse will be launched, just in time to go further. I see it as all managed.
    The international character of the changes are a giveaway. My family is well spread out in Europe, so we see it. Feel it.

Some ceo's will get it "in their heads" and some are in on the plan and decide to, together with those other ceo's in the know to change the advertisements. So it is more than one nudge and the sitting back watching us destroy ourselves. There is work being done, constantly. And thus it does matter if there is someone to blame. That is why there is this forum. We love the minutiae.

My view is that people must be pushed to conflict. It is not readily there, it is a last resort. Think about false flags fx, narratives spun out. all that.

Someone is pushing and someone is paying.

Like you say it is the people themselves. At one point, though, the machinations of "the evil ones" will break the links to your past, your awareness about yourself, your value in your society, óf your society and the values it holds and needs to live well.

At thát point, is it still the peoples own fault?

love, O.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Yes, Strait people need to celebrate. For millenia, people have lived in narrow channels between two bodies of water, from the Straits of Magellan and the Straits of Hormuz to the Dardanelles and the Singapore Straits, and have endured ... oh .. wait a minute ... perhaps you didn’t mean “Strait” people but ... “Straight” people? As in heterosexuals? Okay then! Well then a quick piece of Queer Eye to the StraiGHt guy advice: if you belong to a certain affinity group, you might want to learn how to spell the name of the group properly.

So, at a gay pride parade you have:
    • Dykes on Bikes (usually leading the parade)
    • Drag queens on roller skates
    • Gay choirs (i.e. the ones that can actually sing in tune a capella)
    • Disco go-go boys on floats and backs of trucks
    • Colorful balloons, flags, leather, feather boas as well as some of the Americana you see at a small town 4th of July parade with a rainbow twist.
    • Village People impersonators blaring out music from floats that cause all sorts of passersby who don’t even know what the parade is about to spontaneously start dancing the moves to “Y-M-C-A”

Granted, most of these people go home and live the same mundane lives as everyone else, but they do know how to throw a spectacular parade!

So since parades are often there to promote come concept of dignity and equality, I have to ask you, Straight Pride people, what kind of parade will you create that is equally captivating and successful at the GLBT parade. You do want want the town to block off the main street for you for several hours and you are going to do a lot to build up the down town community and get people to the restaurants and spend money there right???? What could that possibly be? I would love to see Straight Pride people thrown parades year after year in cities all over the world that were as popular and successful.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 6th June 2019 at 21:52.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (9th June 2019), Post-Structuralist Comet (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), T Smith (21st June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

8. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

But it has to be fed, led. ...
    I want to engage your post a bit more, but I'm at work ... it was a good post.

But just on this snippet ... consider that, in my original example, the "can't say merry Christmas!" group is both the producer of loosh and the consumer of it - no one appeared to be "leading it" or even "starting it" -- it took on a life of its own - it became its own meme.

I'll be the first to denounce the media as controlled, but much of it is still controlled by money. They write inflammatory headlines and articles, re-print anything that their competitors / affiliates are printing without vetting ... while there is some manual control from the top, I won't argue there, don't lose sight that money is primary the target - sensationalist headlines and articles create loosh, and we are both the creators and consumers of that loosh. WE are.

Humanity is completely blind. It has come much more heavily to me, the realization of this. We don't understand how we all are the conduits of all the "evil" and "chaos" we see around us. Without us, evil ceases to exist. Not "them" ... US.

We are not recognizing the true energy flows, we think we are and we are lashing out at what we think we see but we are blinded by our own perceptions.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th June 2019 at 22:52.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), Universoul (8th June 2019), Valerie Villars (8th June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Straight pride is kind of like stating it is okay to be white.
    Also, it's good to see you back.
    Yes they are. The problem is the radical left is the only side you hear and they are the minority.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Clarity (12th June 2019), DeDukshyn (7th June 2019), Pam (7th June 2019), PurpleLama (7th June 2019)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by neutronstar (here)
    Yes they are. The problem is the radical left is the only side you hear and they are the minority.
    Very accurate, and, with sufficient control over politics and media, the noise this little group generates is enough to shift laws in the direction they wish for. Even if there is no mandate to actually do what they do, it keeps everyone confused enough to keep the lean on. I call that The Lean. That long term push hanging there for ages and ages.
    One group being able to hold on to their history is enough it seems. The one with the longest memory wins.

And I feel I know very little about where I come from. I really wish for this "inner knowing" stuff to be true. Otherwise I am a lost soul like any other squabbling over the crumbs.

O.
    Last edited by Orobo; 7th June 2019 at 07:16.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

Clarity (12th June 2019), DeDukshyn (7th June 2019), Pam (7th June 2019), PurpleLama (7th June 2019)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

don't lose sight that money is primary the target - sensationalist headlines and articles create loosh, and we are both the creators and consumers of that loosh.
    100%.

Not too long ago there was a drive by during a football game, not far from the stadium. Initially they reported it as a 'drive by', 4 people were shot. Then they went back and changed it to 'mass shooting in jacksonville.' 4 people is a massive amount of people?

'Drive by' in the ghettos of jacksonville is not news you click on, that happens constantly here. If you hear of a 'mass shooting' though then you drop everything and find out what happened.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Clarity (12th June 2019), DeDukshyn (7th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Pam (7th June 2019), PurpleLama (7th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (8th June 2019)

16. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by neutronstar (here)
    Very accurate, and, with sufficient control over politics and media, the noise this little group generates is enough to shift laws in the direction they wish for.

O.
    If only the more "aware" people like us could just learn to ignore it instead of spreading it ... If this is a social engineering thingy ... we certainly are reacting to it exactly as they want us to - to spread it, and with it spread the emotional reaction. They don't care if the emotional reaction is in support of or against. It serves their purpose equally either way.

The only way ahead is to stop giving it energy, and try to encourage others to do the same.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 7th June 2019 at 15:36.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), T Smith (21st June 2019)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Yeah Dedukshyn, that is the weirdest.

Whatever I do, any which way, I will be unknowingly supporting someone's plan that will not benefit the good.
    The thing I return to is truth. Let that be the lead, always. That is the best I can do, I reckon.

One pretty awake dude I know says he spreads his knowledge according to the morphic field-principle. Sounds neat, but not doing anything could be a trap also?..."trust the plan" right Quabblers?

Not giving "it" energy means one has to know what "it" is and your neighbour too, preferably. Which means reading and talking?

I deal with the barrage of info by doing stuff, good stuff, important stuff around the farm, while going through 1000s of hours of mp3s. Hence the ear avatar. Shutting up and listening. See my amount of posts since January 2011?
    Can't be bothered, have **** to do.

That balance leaves little to no emotional baggage to be bothered by. I can't even listen while sitting still. The flow of work through my hands is the key for me.

O.
    Last edited by Orobo; 7th June 2019 at 22:05.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Pam (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (8th June 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It was a bit rhetorical, meant as general statement to everyone to hopefully provoke some thought ... I didn't mean it to be directed at you, but maybe at some other people.

Not giving "it" energy means one has to know what "it" is and your neighbour too, preferably. Which means reading and talking?
    I disagree a bit. You (or "someone") needn't need to know what "it" is; what is required is to learn the ability to ignore emotional reactions and see only only the known facts as they lay in front of you. One needs to stop "believing" in "things" and start believing in themselves, and being honest with them self and living up to the standards they hold everyone else to.

Edit: I re-read what you wrote, and I think you may have meant "Giving 'it' energy means ..." -- if so, yes, you are 100% correct.

I deal with the barrage of info by doing stuff, good stuff, important stuff around the farm, while going through 1000s of hours of mp3s. Hence the ear avatar. Shutting up and listening. See my amount of posts since January 2011?

That balance leaves little to no emotional baggage to be bothered by. I can't even listen while sitting still. The flow of work through my hands is the key for me.
    Then you are already one step ahead of most.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 8th June 2019 at 01:05.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Mike (8th June 2019), Orobo (8th June 2019), Pam (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (8th June 2019)

22. Link to Post #32
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

The Tavistock institute, Committee of 300 etc... doesn't care what the public is fighting and distracted about. Just as long as they are fighting amongst themselves and not focusing their attention on where they ought to. THEM.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bubu (9th June 2019), DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Kryztian (8th June 2019), Pam (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

It was a bit rhetorical, meant as general statement to everyone to hopefully provoke some thought ... I didn't mean it to be directed at you, but maybe at some other people.

I disagree a bit. You (or "someone") needn't need to know what "it" is; what is required is to learn the ability to ignore emotional reactions and see only only the known facts as they lay in front of you. One needs to stop "believing" in "things" and start believing in themselves, and being honest with them self and living up to the standards they hold everyone else to.

Edit: I re-read what you wrote, and I think you may have meant "Giving 'it' energy means ..." -- if so, yes, you are 100% correct.

Your re-reading made you get it right.
    Preferably we wouldn't need to know what "it" ( the evil deeds ) is, but since we have been cut off from our roots it is a little harder. We have to read up, collect ourselves, and build up the awareness and hammer it into a solid guide for generations to come. There is a root why many lack the self love and harmony within, I think.
    This is one of the most positive angle I can think of. But we have to survive first.

The hypocrisy of the church about sexuality, the topic of this thread, was the vector that made me drop that power structure at age 12. I went on from there.
    Now there is a new "religion" again tampering with our base, our sexuality, and worse even....our genetics. Our genetic heritage, and our future. On all levels. Quite heavy, but I acknowledge the genius of it all.

A "silly" straight-parade could be the thing making some of the power visible. And it is. That is already a bit of a pay-off. I would state that it feels silly to some since the original gay pride parade feels silly. But one is not allowed to vent that.
    The mirroring into straight-land makes this underlying silliness visible.
    And some go into the trap of projecting these negative sentiments towards the reactionary straight pride, showing, unbeknownst to them, their feelings about the original "real" pride parade. That is what I saw inside me at least.

Because that is what I think it is; fluffed up silliness into holy canon ( if I said that right, sorry it is my 3rd language). With all respect for my gay friends and colleagues. And I can say that to them too, without being bludgeoned.

It is like the Canadian trans-people writing to Dr Jordan Peterson. They see they are being used. So I reckon the end of thát manipulation is in sight too, like the one of the black community in the US.

In Europe our kids are being tied up in front of the globalist wagon to fight against their elders. New level.

So it is a race now. Is society waking up in time before the power grid ( 5G ?) is in place?

I wonder how much reading it takes for the natural bull**** detector in us all being able to run independently and see in real-time the manipulations.

O.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Pam (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Your re-reading made you get it right.
    Preferably we wouldn't need to know what "it" ( the evil deeds ) is, but since we have been cut off from our roots it is a little harder. We have to read up, collect ourselves, and build up the awareness and hammer it into a solid guide for generations to come. There is a root why many lack the self love and harmony within, I think.
    This is one of the most positive angle I can think of. But we have to survive first.

The hypocrisy of the church about sexuality, the topic of this thread, was the vector that made me drop that power structure at age 12. I went on from there.
    Now there is a new "religion" again tampering with our base, our sexuality, and worse even....our genetics. Our genetic heritage, and our future. On all levels. Quite heavy, but I acknowledge the genius of it all.

A "silly" straight-parade could be the thing making some of the power visible. And it is. That is already a bit of a pay-off. I would state that it feels silly to some since the original gay pride parade feels silly. But one is not allowed to vent that.
    Like you can't say "Merry Christmas"? Here let me do it for you ... "I-think-Pride-parades-are-silly" -- I qualified that with "I think" ... and now no one can argue with me and I've said what I believe. (note: rhetorical for thought provocation, I actually don't have an opinion on them)

Because that is what I think it is; fluffed up silliness into holy canon ( if I said that right, sorry it is my 3rd language). ...
    -- you said that well.

I wonder how much reading it takes for the natural bull**** detector in us all being able to run independently and see in real-time the manipulations.

O.
    Reading isn't the requirement (and can be a detriment at times, depends on what you are reading), and for most of the "manipulations" (some are, some are just seen as such -- "can't say Merry Christmas anymore!" is an example still), the only requirement is simply not giving it any energy at all. It feeds off negative energy as much as it does off of supportive energy.

Hah! I re-read that again, and you may have meant "reading" differently than I interpreted it. If so, my apologies.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 8th June 2019 at 16:14.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Mike (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

28. Link to Post #35
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

This thread is funny.

There was never a time when straight people were murdered for having relations with a person. Tell me when a straight person was dragged behind a car until they died because they were straight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hbnrxxh5A
    You really should listen to that song, and specifically at 2:01 there is a news broadcast from the day with a person that would fit right in here in this thread.

"Im not excusing their actions, But it seems to be partially his fault and the partially the guys who did it. so you know, may be its 50-50"

https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-right...rdered-laramie

There are specifically laws targeting gay people's sexual practices while not being the case for straight people(although straight people can be put in prison for sodomy in some places still).

No one says it is not okay to be white or straight. Only people with the fourteen words in their mind think that other people think that is the case.

And if some people do think it is not okay to be white or straight THEN: **** THOSE PEOPLE. Yeah it is probably gonna shock some of you: I think all humans are okay to exist and im not a self hating white straight man.

The thing that we should be nailing down is: It is okay to be any kind of human.

Now stop trying to claim the victim mantle and create helter skelter and focus on the actual issues: Did you know Guantanamo Bay is still open and taking more business? This doesnt bother nearly as many of you as it should especially when in this thread we are having a pity party for ourselves.

And if you think Gitmo should be open and think there is a war on straight people by some secret gay agenda . . . .

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    This thread is funny.

There was never a time when straight people were murdered for having relations with a person. Tell me when a straight person was dragged behind a car until they died because they were straight.
    You really should listen to that song, and specifically at 2:01 there is a news broadcast from the day with a person that would fit right in here in this thread.

"Im not excusing their actions, But it seems to be partially his fault and the partially the guys who did it. so you know, may be its 50-50"

There are specifically laws targeting gay people's sexual practices while not being the case for straight people(although straight people can be put in prison for sodomy in some places still).

No one says it is not okay to be white or straight. Only people with the fourteen words in their mind think that other people think that is the case.

And if some people do think it is not okay to be white or straight THEN: **** THOSE PEOPLE. Yeah it is probably gonna shock some of you: I think all humans are okay to exist and im not a self hating white straight man.

The thing that we should be nailing down is: It is okay to be any kind of human.

Now stop trying to claim the victim mantle and create helter skelter and focus on the actual issues: Did you know Guantanamo Bay is still open and taking more business? This doesnt bother nearly as many of you as it should especially when in this thread we are having a pity party for ourselves.

And if you think Gitmo should be open and think there is a war on straight people by some secret gay agenda . . . .
    Like I said; got no time for thís. Sorry Prax, up your game. **** to do.

Ta-ra, O.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

31. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    This thread is funny.

Like I said; got no time for thís. Sorry Prax, up your game. **** to do.

Ta-ra, O.
    I think Praxis was more referring to the OP and sentiment of that message itself ... much of this thread including part of our conversation is not even on that topic. I might be wrong though, but that's how I interpreted that post.

But good call on not getting emotionally engaged.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

33. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

What would a straight pride parade look like?

People marching in and out of Divorce Court LOL!

Sorry but that is the image that popped in my head when I read that question.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (9th June 2019), GoingOn (17th June 2019), Orobo (9th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), T Smith (12th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

I don't necessarily have a problem with strangers waggling their sexuality in my face, gay or straight, but there's a place for it and it ain't the streets.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bubu (9th June 2019), DeDukshyn (12th June 2019), heretogrow (8th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

To me this is about people feeling small, feeling less-than. Our egos are fragile, most if not all are wounded. Wounded ego is terrified of feeling small, and so looks for ways to feel superior to compensate and hide from this uncomfortable feeling. I think everyone grapples with this to some degree. For those who belong to the group who is dominant in society, who have big wounds to their ego it can be can be confusing because even though they have the privileges of the dominant group...they secretly feel small and inadequate. When they see a group that they have always felt better than celebrated and given increased status in society they feel threatened and triggered...and so feel the need to take back some power so they don't feel even smaller. To me that is what this parade is really about.
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 9th June 2019 at 01:41.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bubu (9th June 2019), DeDukshyn (8th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (9th June 2019), GoingOn (17th June 2019), heretogrow (8th June 2019), Inaiá (11th June 2019), Sandy123 (23rd June 2019), T Smith (12th June 2019), Wind (9th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast