+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navigating the collapse

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Guide: Here to help

Thanks
    Thanked 15,017 times in 1,854 posts

Default Navigating the collapse

Crossing the bump in the road ahead, or more appropriately called the chasm ahead, will require preparation for some of us.

USA Watchdog, Greg Hunter, offers financial insights: Precious metals. Sounds right to me if you can afford it.

My opinion is that when the stuff hits the fan, it is critically important to have stored food and a plan to get clean water for as long as it takes to get to the other side.

Security will be another issue for some.

Those who fail to plan may be planning to fail, or simply go home. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Lessons are repeated until they are learned.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 16th June 2019 at 16:44.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Ioneo (16th June 2019), jc71 (16th June 2019), mountain_jim (18th June 2019), Nasu (19th June 2019), neutronstar (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (16th June 2019), Sadieblue (17th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Navigating the collapse

Hi Ron,

It's strange as I have been thinking there will be a need for this for years now and of course it hasn't happened, yet...

But I have dried food in the loft, water filters, weapons, gold, silver, so if there is a problem. my family will be ok for a while...

It's a strange thing as you don't want to contribute to the thought that there might be a big problem, but at the same time you don't want to kick yourself if there is and you haven't done anything about it when you could have.

Just look at the reports today of the whole of Argentina being without power for a while!

Regards,

JC

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

Nasu (19th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (16th June 2019), Sadieblue (17th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Guide: Here to help

Thanks
    Thanked 15,017 times in 1,854 posts

It is a balancing act. I suspect that focusing only on the worst that could happen is a magnet for that manifestation. And the converse is also true. Acting from inspiration is definitely the way to go. Denial of future events is no help at all.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

jc71 (17th June 2019), Nasu (19th June 2019), Rosemarie (16th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 times in 411 posts

I just clicked on the link in the above post that took me to your site. Awesome library of info!

I expect that you have made people here on Avalon aware of your site (and I have just overlooked it).

For anyone looking for easy access to survival and/or food and water strategy your site is great!

Thank you Ron!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

mountain_jim (18th June 2019), Nasu (19th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (17th June 2019), Rosemarie (16th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ron I have your site bookmarked, lots of good info there if
    anyone is interested.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Nasu (19th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (17th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

r/collapse
    comprehensive, frantic, depressing counting of the outer apocalypse, with a sidebar full of links to all things survival and coping.

12. Link to Post #7
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,065 times in 2,143 posts

I dont have a death wish but im not afraid to die either. thats enough preparation for me. who knows it might be better on the other density, maybe a more exciting new adventure.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Nasu (19th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (19th June 2019)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,703 times in 3,291 posts

Bubu. People like you are counting on your ingenuity and skill to get through whatever might happen.

There are still some things that might make that easier to do if some pre-planning were to take place.

The very first would be clean water. A way to filter water quickly would save a lot of heart-ache. Don't want to be trying to create a water filter while you are dying of thirst...
    Forget about it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Nasu (19th June 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

on second thought, we know that the elite wants us, the useless eaters all dead. I will not give it to them without a fight. I will live if only to see this people brought to demise and make to pay for their crimes. that being said we are going to need this https://www.instructables.com/id/Pow...a-Wood-Gasifi/ every village should have at least one . with this its possible to create another then another. with power everything can be created with ease. I have a hunch that the power sector will be hit hardest.
    IF TSHTF the first thing I will do is to go around the village and check if everyone is ok. then create a group that will check on the other villages. why would I do this? remember walking dead and other post apocalypse movies? its a psyop for us to kill each other. and then we also know that they are mixing and grouping people. Christians are more likely to distrust Muslims and vice versa and so on. checking on one another will make this psyop ineffective. I reckon they are destroying us by making us fight one another, therefore the solution is to take care of one another.
    Last edited by Bubu; 17th June 2019 at 13:54.

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Bubu. People like you are counting on your ingenuity and skill to get through whatever might happen.

There are still some things that might make that easier to do if some pre-planning were to take place.

The very first would be clean water. A way to filter water quickly would save a lot of heart-ache. Don't want to be trying to create a water filter while you are dying of thirst...
    if you mean me save your worries. im not gonna die of thirst even if TSHTF right now. we have plenty of natural water source around here. I can also make a biosand filter in a matter of 3 or 4 hours , if in case. I can also do the filter and boil or filter and sun. the only place I see water could be a problem for me is in the desert.

fear of death is one of the most efficient strategy use against the masses
    Last edited by Bubu; 17th June 2019 at 13:56.

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,545 times in 1,126 posts

I don't see end of days until society is completely morally bankrupt. I don't see that now. Keep being honest and honorable and the future will be peaceful, IMHO.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Nasu (19th June 2019)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    I don't see end of days until society is completely morally bankrupt. I don't see that now. Keep being honest and honorable and the future will be peaceful, IMHO.
    I agree with you. IMHO we are not heading to end of times I see the opposite to be true. good times ahead for humans. just keeping a rough plan in my head. plan prevents panic. panic is the worst killer on emergencies.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (5th July 2019), Justplain (17th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread