+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Life?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

Default What is Life?

A discussion between Tim Freke and Rupert Sheldrake about life, meaning, the universe, god/creator, imagination, and death.

Enjoy!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

amor (24th June 2019), Constance (25th June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (18th June 2019), drneglector (18th June 2019), East Sun (20th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (19th June 2019), Forest Denizen (18th June 2019), GMB1961 (18th June 2019), Ioneo (17th June 2019), Pam (18th June 2019), pueblo (17th June 2019), Satori (18th June 2019), Star Tsar (17th June 2019), thepainterdoug (17th June 2019), toppy (18th June 2019), Wind (18th June 2019), Words of Joy (19th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: What is Life?

will listen later. love rupert

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), Forest Denizen (18th June 2019), Pam (18th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

The kingdon of heaven is falling short because we are falling short, If it truly resides in us then it is encumbent upon us to realise it...

Nice mind opening conversation nice one Gnostic9
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), Forest Denizen (18th June 2019), Pam (18th June 2019), sunwings (18th June 2019), ulli (19th June 2019), Words of Joy (18th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Haven't completed listening yet, though at the 11:30 mark Rupert says "All of nature is shaped by the past". This basically is why our history lessons are false or incomplete. And also one of the reasons why there's no unity between the spiritual perspective of the past and the scientific perspective of our current day. The element or unity in this world that is trying to control the people on this planet, doesn't want the people to connect with their true history and their potential.

Rupert's remark reminds me of one of the samples used by Public Enemy on their album 'Fear of a black planet' "If you don't know your past, then you don't know your future" (1:33 in below video)

That sample has offered me so much food for thought. And I've come to a point, where I'm convinced the potential of the majority of people on this planet is being held from them by disinformation, misdirection and false history. If everyone would understand there's conscience beyond this universal realm, and that it takes personal choices in life to connect to this conscience, and there would not be an interfering element of control, then people would change their approach of life in this universal realm. If they would understand what it takes to connect to this conscience and would understand what the consequence is of connecting to this conscience beyond our universal realm, then I'm convinced their attachment to this realm wouldn't be as intense, and would make it easier to detach from it and focus on what is important as preparation for moving into the transcending reality of this universal realm. So much more is possible than people generally are aware of.

[Slobbe edit: added timestamp of video after edit of moderator]
    Last edited by Words of Joy; 26th June 2019 at 08:37.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

amor (24th June 2019), East Sun (25th June 2019), Pam (24th June 2019), Star Tsar (19th June 2019), wnlight (19th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I thought this was quite good, nothing new beyond my own musings, but good to see I don't think alone on some of these things.

I watched part one as well, not as good, but also interesting ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), ulli (20th June 2019), Words of Joy (24th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I just watched the rest of the video. Near the end of the video where death is discussed Rupert speaks about the Divine imagination and creativity, and offers the idea there may be other, greater forms of imagination than our own in our universe. (from 40:57-ish mark). I was pondering on that just now. My perspective is Rupert is putting it conservatively. I fully agree there's larger imagination than human's current imagination. I'd say there's also larger creativity than human's current creativity. And that higher form of creativity and imagination, which lies beyond our universal realm, call it Nirvana, Walhalla, Heaven or whatever, has been reached for at least billions of years by vast amounts of souls. These souls got their consciousness, their creativity and capacity enhanced, and have been evolving ever since they arrived to that state. Having learned that creating universes belongs to the possibilities, I, with my limited imagination, can only begin to envision how many universes have been created. I'm having a hard time envisioning how all these universes might be different from the one we live in. Or how other type realms might differ from universes. Or how this Walhalla/Nirvana/Heaven community functions taking into account their enhanced features.

I agree with Tim Freke when he mentions that the world beyond this universe grows with time passing by. Though I get the feeling his idea is limited by a perspective that has our universe centralized. My perspective is our universe is one of many, and before our universe was created, there already had been many other universes, from which souls evolved into the Heavenly realms. But essentially I think Tim has a point that consciousness has grown and expanded since the very beginning. It began with the Prime Creator, though grew/is growing and expanded/is expanding by the evolving souls also, making it an evolution for all spirits, including the Creator of our spirit, indefinitely. There is no limit to the capacity nor to the evolution. And for all this something I can't wait to move on to.
    Last edited by Words of Joy; 24th June 2019 at 07:30.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

amor (24th June 2019), conk (26th June 2019), Constance (25th June 2019), DeDukshyn (24th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th June 2019), Michi (27th June 2019), Star Tsar (24th June 2019), what is a name? (26th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Life is the consciousness of the Prime Creator which has separated into Files resulting from the main consciousness breaking into many possibilities, each of which resolves into a limited result. These limited results combine, recombine, and shuffle, producing new possibilities or time lines. This process continues and eventually extends into multi-verses of recombined conclusions. HIS or HER or ITS creations are thoughts. We are thoughts, ultimately. Consciousness consists of thoughts.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Antagenet (26th August 2019), DeDukshyn (24th June 2019), what is a name? (26th June 2019), Words of Joy (26th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Life is the consciousness of the Prime Creator which has separated into Files resulting from the main consciousness breaking into many possibilities, each of which resolves into a limited result. These limited results combine, recombine, and shuffle, producing new possibilities or time lines. This process continues and eventually extends into multi-verses of recombined conclusions. HIS or HER or ITS creations are thoughts. We are thoughts, ultimately. Consciousness consists of thoughts.
    As some of Earth's more ancient wisdoms would say, there is nothing but "dream" ... there is a big outside dream, and then there's our individual dreams of our lives within the big outside dream ... but dream is the only thing that exists.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

what is a name? (26th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

You have a kindly face "thepainterdoug." It shows a kindly life of the heart well lived.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), thepainterdoug (25th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    Haven't completed listening yet, though at the 11:30 mark Rupert says "All of nature is shaped by the past". This basically is why our history lessons are false or incomplete. And also one of the reasons why there's no unity between the spiritual perspective of the past and the scientific perspective of our current day. The element or unity in this world that is trying to control the people on this planet, doesn't want the people to connect with their true history and their potential.

Rupert's remark reminds me of one of the samples used by Public Enemy on their album 'Fear of a black planet' "If you don't know your past, then you don't know your future" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se65...l_I_VThF5&t=93). That sample has offered me so much food for thought. And I've come to a point, where I'm convinced the potential of the majority of people on this planet is being held from them by disinformation, misdirection and false history. If everyone would understand there's conscience beyond this universal realm, and that it takes personal choices in life to connect to this conscience, and there would not be an interfering element of control, then people would change their approach of life in this universal realm. If they would understand what it takes to connect to this conscience and would understand what the consequence is of connecting to this conscience beyond our universal realm, then I'm convinced their attachment to this realm wouldn't be as intense, and would make it easier to detach from it and focus on what is important as preparation for moving into the transcending reality of this universal realm. So much more is possible than people generally are aware of.
    What, in your opinion is the best way to make a majority aware of this reality?
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Words of Joy (26th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

AMOR / very thoughtful for you to say. thank you

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)

Rupert's remark reminds me of one of the samples used by Public Enemy on their album 'Fear of a black planet' "If you don't know your past, then you don't know your future" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se65...l_I_VThF5&t=93). That sample has offered me so much food for thought. And I've come to a point, where I'm convinced the potential of the majority of people on this planet is being held from them by disinformation, misdirection and false history. If everyone would understand there's conscience beyond this universal realm, and that it takes personal choices in life to connect to this conscience, and there would not be an interfering element of control, then people would change their approach of life in this universal realm. If they would understand what it takes to connect to this conscience and would understand what the consequence is of connecting to this conscience beyond our universal realm, then I'm convinced their attachment to this realm wouldn't be as intense, and would make it easier to detach from it and focus on what is important as preparation for moving into the transcending reality of this universal realm. So much more is possible than people generally are aware of.
    What, in your opinion is the best way to make a majority aware of this reality?
    Thank you for asking East Sun. That's an interesting question. I will answer really short, followed by a bit more extensive personal perspective.

To my opinion the best way to make a majority aware of this reality is to have people connect to the Spirit (or whatever one wants to call the Spirit: Amraity, amarati, amrit, amrita, Ambrozian water of immortaly, Hermes/Mercury, Holy Spirit, Mari or what more).

My perspective: I think I've mentioned before, that the people I know, that are connected to the Spirit, including myself, all get information that within a relatively short period of time (I learned within two generations) a split will take place between souls having a relationship with the Spirit and those that don't have a relationship. The split from my current perspective (and this might change in detail over time as my knowledge is growing) means, those connected will go to Nirvana, Walhalla, Heaven (or whatever one wants to call it) and a large number of those that are not connected will either die in a cataclysmic event and reincarnate at a later point or (which I expect is a smaller group) remain on earth. What I learned about ratio, between those connected and those not connected at the time of split, is a 40% connected vs 60% not connected. Now let's say, as an example, that the cataclysmic event would take place in 2050 and the world population totals 10 billion. It would mean 4 billion would have an active relationship with the Spirit. Currently my observation is we are nowhere near 40%. Not by a long shot. So something extraordinary will need to take place in order to get to those numbers. My conviction is strong, so I'm willing to say wondrous things (from an earthly perspective) will happen in decades to come. Because I'm working with the Spirit already I see things evolve and how more and more people are coming to know the reality of the existence of consciousness beyond our universe. To get back to my answer to your question and how I expect people to connect. There's a couple of scenarios I can think of that will make that people connect:
    1. people search for communities where actual connection with the Spirit is made, because for some reason (love is the most likely reason I'd say) they are attracted to it.
    2. people already connected to the Spirit inform and inspire others to connect to the Spirit
    3. people already connected to the Spirit pray for others, which materializes, convincing people of a higher consciousness, and makes them want to connect
    4. the Spirit touches people in a wondrous way, and through the experience makes them want to connect to the Spirit

All four scenarios (list is not conclusive) is nothing new. It's been like that. What I expect to intensify is the activity of the Spirit, causing more and more people to connect, which will then bolster points 2 and 3, causing an exponential effect in growth. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say: don't be surprised if more and more people turn to e.g. Pentecostal communities (this is a western perspective, I don't have extensive knowledge on how it evolves outside western countries), known for their connection to the Spirit, to learn for themselves how to connect and evolve. I can imagine many people to be skeptical. I know I was. And there's nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. Though if you notice people connecting to the Spirit happening more and more within communities, please remember the words I said about increasing connectivity to the Spirit and the importance of it for entrance to Nirvana/Walhalla/Heaven whatever one wants to call it. Based on personal experience I'd suggest to not wait with it and connect rather sooner than later, to be of help in advancing souls. Though in the end it's up to each person to evaluate the reality and follow their heart and/or ignore all of it and live with whatever might be the consequence. PM's are always welcome.

Oh and to do some more future talk: I expect the mainstream media to not cover growing interest in connecting to the Spirit at all. Then at some later point, when wondrous things begin to manifest in greater numbers, I expect religion to become forbidden, as these wondrous things will mean a decline of control for TPTB on this earth. From my perspective anyway: fun times ahead!
    Last edited by Words of Joy; 27th June 2019 at 07:16.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

conk (26th June 2019), Michi (27th June 2019), Star Tsar (26th June 2019), what is a name? (26th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

Hi I have not read all comments but I see it as though in the universe when we die we return to energy within love on various levels according to what we have learned or been enlightened from. When we come into life, we are given the reason to live is to physically use our senses and conscious direction with our heart to feel and enjoy life through love and touching etc. We are suppose to create heaven in a physical world so we can enjoy bliss, harmony, love, patience, peace and abundance all in one go in the physical plane because we don't have that full capacity to enjoy heaven like that in heaven.

I feel that we are suppose to be free from limited beliefs and fears etc on earth but society is controlled by dark ones who don't wish the majority to become fearless because they are scared they will lose their power.

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread