13 43.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If there is a war with Iran, will it derail disclosure

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: If there is a war with Iran, will it derail disclosure

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Trump is definitely going to respond but in a measured way. It is going to be tit for tat for a bit and then it will fade until some additional aggression by the Iranians. This may seem somewhat irrelevant to many but Trump is a money man. Watching him over the past two years it is clear to see he keeps his eye on money all the time. When I heard that this drone cost $180 million, it tells me that he is not going to let this go unpunished. So I fully expect him to react sooner rather than later.

I recently met an Iranian couple that immigrated to Canada shortly after the Shah fell in 1979. They now live in the USA. They just returned from Tehran where they spent 3 weeks visiting friends and family. They did not paint a nice picture of the current situation in the country. First off the said the environmental situation is appalling, the air and water quality is barely acceptable, people have taken to wearing a mask when they go out. Jobs are extremely limited, wages are low and she went on to say that many professional people are working menial jobs just to make ends met. They said that virtually everyone is intimated by the government, too afraid to speak out or protest. They said that everyone they know has had family members or close friends put in prison at one time or another for suspected anti-government behavior. I spoke with this couple for the better part of an hour and at the end of the discussion, the woman was so distraught that she was in tears.

I have spent a good deal of time in the Middle East, Saudi, Bahrain, Iran, etc. I have not been to Tehran since that late '70s and at the time it was a fairly modern city and people seemed reasonably well off. They were friendly with the west and it was a great place to visit. I think the conditions of today are much worse than we are being told.
    I live there and i can confirm that the couple you have met are 100% right.The situation on poor provinces are even more severe.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhogar For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), Intranuclear (25th June 2019), Strat (25th June 2019), T Smith (26th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2