+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Summer Solstice and Congratulations to Phil Scherrer!

1. Link to Post #1
    Solar Dynamics Observatory (automated reports) SDO's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Happy Summer Solstice and Congratulations to Phil Scherrer!

Today at 1554 UTC (11:54 a.m. ET) the Sun reached its most northerly point in the year. As a result, we have the most daylight hours in the northern hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere has the most dark hours. At the solstice the Sun appears to stall and turn around, heading towards the south and northern winter. It's the official beginning of summer and all because the Earth's rotation axis is tilted 23° from the plane of its orbit. Here's an AIA 193 Å to celebrate.
    But today is also a day to congratulate Phil Scherrer of Stanford University who is also the HMI PI and the person who watches over the JSOC with the HMI and AIA data. Dr. Scherrer was awarded the Solar Physics Division's Hale Prize last week at the 234th Meeting of the AAS. The Hale Prize is awarded annually to a scientist for outstanding contributions to the field of solar astronomy.
    Dr. Scherrer has certainly made contributions to solar physics. He has measured and studied the Sun's magnetic field for 50 years. As important, he has encouraged others to use his data as well. He has also worked in helioseismology, both measuring the velocities of the Sun's surface and the theory of ow those measurements tell us something about the Sun. It is hard to know what our field would look like if he hadn't been around.
    Congratulations Phil!

More...

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Default Re: Happy Summer Solstice and Congratulations to Phil Scherrer!

Can we prevail upon Dr. Scherer to comment upon that video on youtube.com showing a huge planet-sized orb using a tremendous HOZE to put something into the orb of the sun OR remove something from the orb of the sun. ALSO, and to the point after what I now believe to have been an INFUSION of substance the sun is now so hugely bright that it is not possible to look at it as one did formerly. Question: Is this making the atmosphere hotter than it was before? If yes, is that one of the myriad reasons for Chem trailing? Is the rumor that we have only 12 years to live on earth because the sun's rays are going to burst forth and scorch everything on earth? If so, I must conclude that this is the ALIEN (in conjunction with the NWO Moguls) way of erasing all life on this planet so that they can start another laboratory experiment here. Responses are required. I do not like the SILENCE I AM HEARING ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR SUN.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Nasu (22nd June 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd June 2019)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: Happy Summer Solstice and Congratulations to Phil Scherrer!

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Can we prevail upon Dr. Scherer to comment upon that video on youtube.com showing a huge planet-sized orb using a tremendous HOZE to put something into the orb of the sun OR remove something from the orb of the sun. ALSO, and to the point after what I now believe to have been an INFUSION of substance the sun is now so hugely bright that it is not possible to look at it as one did formerly. Question: Is this making the atmosphere hotter than it was before? If yes, is that one of the myriad reasons for Chem trailing? Is the rumor that we have only 12 years to live on earth because the sun's rays are going to burst forth and scorch everything on earth? If so, I must conclude that this is the ALIEN (in conjunction with the NWO Moguls) way of erasing all life on this planet so that they can start another laboratory experiment here. Responses are required. I do not like the SILENCE I AM HEARING ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR SUN.
    You make and connect several good points. There is a lot to unravel there, but it's hard not to see a possible negative higher agenda. As for rumors of time to go, I'm not so sure, i'm old enough to remember the world wide tech panic of Y2K as well as the fortunes made fixing the problem so called, don't get me started on Dec 2012. We must all use what little time we each have to the max, however long that may be.

Back to the topic, Happy Summer Solstice and Congratulations to Phil Scherrer!!!...x... N

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Constance (22nd June 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread