Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How many of you meditate?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

Default Re: How many of you meditate?

Quote Posted by Rich (here)
    Quote Posted by Arak (here)
    Yes, I do meditate. Used to meditate daily, but then I started to lose interest to this world and thought that it is better to rocus on something else.

I enjoy basic meditations alot, but sometimes I see and experience things that are far from emptying the mind. This said I'v met angels, demons, aliens, spirits, Jesus and experienced the precence of God. These might be just some products of my very vivid imagination. Or then not. Hard to say.
    Does it have a lasting or permanent positive affect on you?
    Yes. Meditation changed my life. After I had been doing it for a year or two I quit eating meat and drinking alcohol. I felt those two made my connection to God/Source weaker. Meditation also connected me and my wife. It was the first topic we privately spoke about. That was over 7 years ago now.

When I meditate I feel better after it. It also helps to reduce the pain I am experiencing because we are ruining this planet.
    Last edited by Arak; 26th June 2019 at 19:57. Reason: Typos

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Omi (27th June 2019), Rich (26th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), Shadowman (30th June 2019), Wind (26th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by ndroock1 (here)
    I studied meditation in a weekly 2hr yoga / meditation class for 6 years. Of the things I have learned, one of them is that meditation is not something you talk about ... Those who know don't speak, and those who speak don't know.
    Good thing we're typing!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (27th June 2019), meeradas (27th June 2019), Rich (27th June 2019), Shadowman (30th June 2019), Wind (27th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Good thing we're typing!

Oh, a wise guy, eh? (or maybe a crackpot crack )

Truth be told, since crossing the "Bridge of Death" () I haven't taken a single breath, let alone meditating, speaking or typing.

Before awakening I meditate, speak and type. After awakening miraculous speaking, miraculous typing, miraculous laughing

Those who are innocent (without beliefs) fare better approaching the "bridgekeeper". Who is the bridgekeeper? None other than the mind (and yes, the mind can be tricked/silenced). Some hilarious wisdom from the serpent crew...

In Lak'ech
    tim
    Last edited by Shadowman; 27th June 2019 at 01:04.
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (27th June 2019), meeradas (27th June 2019), Rich (27th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), Wind (27th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Speaking of Python - From "The Real Life Adventures of Shadowman". Seems relevant, lol...

Chapter 12 - The Sleeping Fine

Some years later, around 1998, SM was visiting one of his favourite coastal towns. During this time SM was exploring Buddhism and the meditation created by the Buddha called Vipassana. SM loved it’s simplicity. He had always been drawn to direct and elegant techniques, as opposed to convoluted ritual and mumbo jumbo. What could be more simple than sitting quietly, with eyes half closed, and watching the breath enter and leave the nostrils?

Buddha had indicated that every individual who awakened could raise the consciousness of the planet and be of great benefit to humankind, creating an ever expanding field of truth and compassion. Some referred to the energy around a living Buddha or Enlightened Being as a Buddhafield.

On arrival in the town SM had checked the carpark at the beach, as he knew the local Rangers were quite strict. There was no overnight camping allowed in the carpark. The signs specifically stated No Parking from 1 am - 5 am.

SM loved to meditate to the sound of the waves. The next morning SM proceeded to the carpark at around 5.15 am. It was quite a cold morning so he elected to meditate in the drivers seat of his car.

He had been meditating for about 30 minutes when he heard footsteps near his car. SM opened his eyes to see a Ranger placing a ticket under the windscreen wiper on the passenger side of the car. SM alighted and asked the Ranger what the ticket was for. The Ranger stated the ticket was for sleeping in the carpark.

SM informed the Ranger that he had been meditating, not sleeping, and had specifically not come to the carpark until after 5 am to adhere to the rules and regulations. The Ranger responded by telling SM that he could either pay the $130 fine, or tell it to the local judge.

As it turned out the fine was administrated by a State Fine Bureau in Sydney, some 800 km away. If SM wanted to contest the fine he would have to incur both the travel and accommodation expenses.

SM elected to write to the State Fine Bureau. The letter went something like this;

With the World on the brink of WWIII and Nuclear Annihilation
    While meditating to increase compassion and unconditional love
    I’ve just been fined $130 for sleeping...
    and I wasn’t even asleep!
    Monty Python eat your heart out

There followed a brief explanation of the facts, including the posted signs and the Rangers comments. I then advised them that not only would I not be paying the fine, but could envisage my coming jail stay as follows;

Me - “So, Vinny, what’d they get you on?”
    Vinny “The Knife” - “Murder, with 38 stab wounds, how bout you?”
    Me - “Sleeping, but........ I didn’t do it”

Later in the evening, Vinny, disbelieving my professed innocence, would watch me closely while huddled in the cell corner, as my heavy eyelids would begin to gradually close completely, menacingly threatening to sleep.

It would be remiss of me, however, not to see things from Council’s point of view. What is really needed is a War on Sleep. Forget the War on Terror. In fact, why even wait until people sleep to fine them. Think of how much more funds Council could raise if you fined them for yawning! Any fool knows that someone yawning is probably already contemplating going to sleep!

We must think of the children! They can’t be exposed to people sleeping in cars. We all know where that slippery slope leads. What next? I’ll tell you what next - Parks! Beaches! Gosh darnit, by the side of rivers!

SM signed off on the letter with a few choice quotes;

“Foxes have holes and birds have their nests, but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head and rest” - Jesus

“Whoever says that the Tathagata goes or comes, stands, sits or lies down, he does not understand the meaning of my teaching” - Buddha

“Go ahead, make me snore” - Dirty Harry

Someone at the Bureau must have had a sense of humour, as they waived the fine. SM has since been fined for walking (across the road, while the Don’t Walk sign was flashing, with no cars visible for 100 metres in either direction). He is now awaiting the introduction of legislation, so that he can achieve the trifecta, being fined for sleeping, walking and breathing.

Shadowman now knows rules and laws have their place in society, but a little common sense in enforcing them, wouldn’t go astray.

Reference Song - Always look on the bright side of life - Monty Python
    Last edited by Shadowman; 27th June 2019 at 01:20.
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Rich (27th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), ulli (27th June 2019), what is a name? (27th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

From multidimensional man
    https://www.multidimensionalman.com/...mind_like.html

The Loss of Ego Identification

There are many ways to loosen the grip of our egos. One very effective way is by nurturing a feeling of unconditional love or surrendering to the stillness of the moment. The mind can never harbour two feelings or two thoughts simultaneously so we are free to make a decision. By focusing attention on unconditional love, our preoccupation with our inner drama will quite simply dissolve because it no longer receives the life blood of our attention. With meditation and practice we will cease to be the involuntary participants of our internal dialogue, the idle chatter of our thoughts and their obsession to pay homage to our past and irrational concerns for the future.

Attention focused on unconditional love is one way to free us to embrace the present and harvest its rich fruits which can be found in the stillness of the moment. Though there are many other ways and it is up to the individual to pick out the most suitable path which suits the individual’s temperament.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Arak (27th June 2019), greybeard (27th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), Shadowman (30th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2