+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many of you meditate?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 times in 532 posts

Default How many of you meditate?

After reading the latest threads about the forum,
    I had this reflection about how meditation could help the general tone of comments and communication here.

First of all, what is meditation to you?
    For me, it's about not fully identifying myself to my rising emotions.
    Creating some space between I and I.
    It's about being, without judging or reacting to outside triggers.
    Being at peace with what is.
    Realizing the beauty of us all, warts and all and accepting the fact that nothing is perfect here , except the miracle of creation.

I can't say that I'm that all the time, it would not be practical unless you go off and live in a cave somewhere. ( I thought of that but not in this life !).

I try to log in here with all that in mind.
    Helps me to not get triggered so much.

In that state, I can actually see behind the written text.
    When someone writes honestly, from the heart, the text on screen takes on a 3D form and moves..
    There is space in front and back of the actual letters.
    When someone is fully associated with their ego and/or is deliberately nasty or not honest, the text on screen is very stale and flat.
    Even then, I silently bless this spirit who seems to be lost in a sea of emotions , whatever it is.

Forums are societies, these times are difficult for all.
    I like to think that all of us here are kind of the leaders of tomorrow for a better world.
    We are all here trying to understand how to change the world for a better place.
    At least, I hope so...

Imagine someone who has been played by the system for all their life and just woke up....
    How would they react when they show up here the first time thinking this is the place to learn , this is the gem they have been looking for all their lives....
    To quickly realize that it really is just the same as his old life, people bickering and fighting over opinions.

About 15 years ago I was a member of the Light seeds forum created by Michael St-Clair.
    He had this concept of creating what he called Radiant Zones.
    Self sufficient communities where "enlightened " people would live.

Just imagine one of those communities created by all of us here.
    For me, it would not be different than any old community or small town.
    In other words, it would not work , not as it is right now.

What do you want?
    Krishnamurti mentions that you are the society.
    If you want to change the society, change yourself .

I think proper, authentic meditation is a great way to do that.

Any ideas?

many blessings to all
    Last edited by Olam; 24th June 2019 at 11:48.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Anchor (24th June 2019), Baby Steps (24th June 2019), Bubu (24th June 2019), christian (24th June 2019), ClearWater (25th June 2019), Constance (25th June 2019), DeDukshyn (24th June 2019), DeeMetrios (25th June 2019), drneglector (24th June 2019), enigma3 (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), kfm27917 (28th June 2019), Omi (24th June 2019), pabranno (26th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), shaberon (25th June 2019), Sunray (27th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), ulli (25th June 2019), what is a name? (25th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019), wondering (24th June 2019), Words of Joy (25th June 2019), XelNaga (24th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: How many of you meditate?

I remember Michael St Clair well--he posted on the forum.
    There was a lot of interest at that time in self supporting communities off the grid. We tried to get one set up in the Highlands but we just did not have the land or funds to proceed.

I meditate about thirty minutes every night after a prayer of gratitude and the Gayatrie Mantra,
    Just sitting silent.
    If thought arise I either ignore or use Ramana Maharshi recommended Self Inquiry.
    The mind is pretty silent these days but its taken a while to get that degree of "Peace that passes all understanding"
    That Thou Art.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th June 2019), DeDukshyn (24th June 2019), DeeMetrios (25th June 2019), drneglector (24th June 2019), enigma3 (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Eva2 (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), leavesoftrees (25th June 2019), Olam (24th June 2019), Omi (24th June 2019), pabranno (26th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), shijo (24th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Meditating for me is connecting with universal energies. Communing with the selfless One. Recieving blessings and removing blocks and impediments.

I meditate every day, about a half hour. My main focus these days is keeping my energy level high and boosting immune function through body scanning and invigoration.

Twenty-one years now...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th June 2019), Constance (25th June 2019), drneglector (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), kfm27917 (28th June 2019), Olam (24th June 2019), Omi (25th June 2019), pabranno (26th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019), Words of Joy (25th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Yes to meditation. Various form at various times. To merge with who I really am, beyond form, beyond duality.

But you come to realize that meditation doesn't have a beginning or end.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th June 2019), drneglector (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), Olam (24th June 2019), pabranno (26th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Hello Olam and everyone on this thread,

Thank you for bringing up meditation and sharing your thoughts and experiences on it.
    I've been meditating for a long time too. As Caliban has mentioned, there is no beginning or an end to it. It's an infinite journey for each of our souls.

Meditation is actually not for every person, and it's one of those things that just cannot be forced upon another to practice when their life lessons are more focused on having experiences in their physical reality.

I also understand that some experienced practitioners of meditation would have their own preferred ways of meditating at their own times. It's completely fine too, I think it's wonderful how some of us here seem to have a daily routine in constructive ways.

Meditation or seeking spiritual truths shouldn't be any competition of who does it better, who's more experienced, who is wiser, etc. We're all here to help and support each other, as everything is intertwined and connected in the subtle field of consciousness. The young and the old, the fool and the wise, all come together to learn and grow our souls.

I feel that the key to this is to make continuous efforts to be respectful of each other and create a harmonious and peaceful place where everyone can feel comfortable and content. When there's an imbalance in the harmony or peace among people, bigger changes are inevitable for restoration. It becomes a learning experience for all of us to bring more awareness in building greater harmony and peace.

Wind and I have been organizing the Sunday Weekly Global Meditation.
    All Avalon members and guests are warmly welcome to join.

We're envisioning many people around the globe to join together, to strengthen the collective energy of positive intentions. If you can feel subtle energy and see the metaphysical things beyond our physical senses, you would know that meditation really has the potential to make positive changes that we wish to see in our lives, this Avalon community, human society, and the world.

As above, so below.
    As within, so without.

Namaste, blessings, light and love
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th June 2019), Constance (25th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), kfm27917 (28th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), what is a name? (25th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,256 times in 2,136 posts

Transcendental Meditation since 1977. I may not be a good student. The teachers say pay no attention to whatever is experienced during meditation. I want experience and sometimes I receive it.

Listening the the teachers in 1977, they said TM is like a jet plane compared to other methods. It has been many years. Maybe my jet plane ran out of fuel or maybe I had further to go. I certainly expected to be further along after all these years.

Sometimes I get very quiet and wonder where I am at the end of 20 minutes. On rare occasions I will hear a word or two. Never a complete sentence.

Meditations may be deep or stay on the surface. A few times during deep meditations, something has vigorously shaken my shoulders. Still wondering what that is about.

The teachers say TM is for stress relief. But there are advanced procedures (yogic flying) available for a significant fee.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 25th June 2019 at 00:04.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Arak (25th June 2019), Baby Steps (24th June 2019), Caliban (24th June 2019), DeeMetrios (25th June 2019), enigma3 (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), Rich (24th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), toppy (24th June 2019), Wind (24th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

Yes. But it is called non-meditation meditation. Dzogchen. I did tantra from 1970 till 2000, Dzogchen since then.

Meditation is either with an object in mind or without an object. Dzogchen is without an object. Just sit and observe. Getting in touch with the observer is all their is. So simple and yet so profound. When the observer is found (and that is pretty simple), sink into it and make friends with it. That alone can take one very far.

At first the observer will look outward. That is normal. After a certain time (all different for different people), the observer will begin to look inward. That's where the real difference in "meditation" awaits. And the most interesting journey begins. Grace is the only key that lets one in to inner worlds.
    Last edited by enigma3; 24th June 2019 at 20:03.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), kfm27917 (28th June 2019), leavesoftrees (11th July 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I studied meditation in a weekly 2hr yoga / meditation class for 6 years. Of the things I have learned, one of them is that meditation is not something you talk about, let alone discuss, it is something you practice. - Those who know don't speak, and those who speak don't know.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ndroock1 For This Post:

Anchor (24th June 2019), Andre (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), greybeard (24th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The sole goal of meditation is to still the mind.
    "That thou art"can not be discovered through experiences--words.

Its true it can not be spoken off --its not a thing, not an object, beyond definition, beyond concept.
    Finding out, what it is not, is helpful, neity neity, not this not this.

This talk may be found to be helpful.

Ps the talk is quite long but a lot is covered--why you havent got "it" is covered.
    The importance of mediation is covered.
    If you think youve got it that may well be ego.
    An intellectual understanding is not it.
    Nasargaatta was famous for asking people about their spiritual practise and their understanding--no matter what they said, his response was "That's not it"

Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 24th June 2019 at 21:49.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th June 2019), enigma3 (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Franny (24th June 2019), Le Chat (26th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Star Tsar (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

If I may use this thread to also promote one of my old threads on why I feel meditation is important (And it really, really is important!) ...

"Why you need to start meditating now!"

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...editation-now-

All the good stuff is mostly in the opening post there, so I'll post that here ....

Quote The importance of Meditation

While meditation has many uses and benefits, the main goal in meditation is to clear unwanted “static” from the subconscious mind, which tends to spill over into the conscious mind and saps a person of their confidence and ability to relax their mind, both of which have trickle down implications. The explanation for all this will unfold in this article.
    There are myriad ways of implementing a meditation strategy. Meditation isn’t a religious thing at all, although some religions do incorporate specific meditations. Meditation is also something that needs to be repeated regularly; freeing one’s mind of subconscious static isn’t a small feat and won’t happen overnight, yet at the same time, some of the benefits of meditation are instant. Other, more powerful benefits are seen when practiced over longer periods of time.

Why do we need to clear static from our subconscious and how did it get there? An important question. The human mind is a very complex thing; but for simplicity’s sake let’s consider the two main parts for now: The conscious mind and the subconscious mind. The main state of the conscious mind, sometimes referred to as the “ego”, is the judging and rationalizing part. It considers itself separate from yourself, and refers to you as “myself”, or “I”, or sometimes (funnily) as just “you”. It is the part that does your “thinking”; it might say (in your head of course) something like “I wonder what we should have for breakfast this morning? (referring to yourself as two (you and it))” or “You stupid idiot!” when you’ve done something stupid (sometimes speaking to you in the third person, which is also funny).
    It plans your day, before it happens, and it is constantly creating imaginary scenarios that aren’t real or have not even happened yet, then it evaluates these imaginary scenarios and comes up with outcomes – as if reality was static and this type of planning were actually effective in a real-time, always changing environment. The conscious mind, in its beneficial state is to be a tool used for learning, not for commanding simple daily activities or for inner dialogue with yourself.

The subconscious is much simpler; it cannot judge or evaluate, it just does. It is the hard wiring of the brain and also allows, instinct, reflexes, intuition, love (real love – not the imagined type), and higher levels of reasoning to flow through. The subconscious is an incredibly powerful tool when performing optimally, it is the bane of life when it has been programmed badly, and can serve a person anywhere in between. Because it cannot judge or evaluate, it takes everything that gets inputted to it at face value, as though it were the truth. The main interface that programs the subconscious mind is the conscious mind – or the “ego”.
    Careful attention, or not, to what one not only says, but even lightly thinks or believes has a huge impact on the overall state of the subconscious. Dare I make a Star Wars analogy? Jedi in training are always being reminded by their elders to “mind their thoughts”; Jedi have to be trained from small children – before the subconscious gets programmed with fear, etc. in order to be able to become the best their minds and bodies would allow. There is much sense to this lore; George Lucas obviously had some deeper understandings of things that supported the overall storylines.

A good way to explain the relationship between your conscious and your subconscious is with the example of learning a new sport or skill. First you use your conscious to analyze and evaluate what needs to be learned, it determines a method for that learning, and then consciously applies that method to you in the way of practice. After several iterations of intense practice (dreams play a part here too, but for brevity I won’t go into it here), the governance of the activity begins to move into the subconscious – what you are doing is programming your subconscious.

After your subconscious has been programmed, the new skill or sport requires much less thought – less conscious considerations to do the tasks, and eventually you may master it and could “do it blindfolded” or “know it like the back of your hand”; and eventually you may master it so well that while doing the activity – you can get into “The Zone” – the place where all your senses and reflexes are greatly heightened, because all the focus that might normally be on the distracting thoughts-no matter how small, is reverted to the subconscious, where there is no evaluation, there is no fear-no fear of failure – just doing. No thoughts arise in this state at all – this is “The Zone” that extreme athletes often refer to. This state can only arise when the conscious mind is completely silent.

The subconscious is thousands of times faster, more efficient, and more effective than the conscious could ever dream of; and the caveat is it silently influences your daily choices whether positive or negative – if you have a “comfort zone”, if you have any type of “routine”, then your subconscious has been programmed sufficiently via repetition to have an influence on your conscious – this is why it is often so easy to decide to move outside of your routine, but so hard to put into action – the programmed part of the subconscious is influencing your actions.
    This is why people often end up in abusive relationships over and over and over – their subconscious has been programmed in such a way that even while they don’t want to be abused, like a “comfort zone”, it becomes difficult to break out of.

With the subconscious influencing our actions beyond our conscious efforts, and the conscious thoughts and inputs constantly programming our subconscious, a feedback loop is created whenever we become engaged heavily in routine (even routines of thought patterns) That feedback loop is generally a downward spiral as it saps, creativity, adventure, enjoyment and everything else that goes with doing something “new”, but does make you more efficient at that routine, whether that routine is serving you optimally or not.
    Ever notice how small children don’t seem to have that problem? Their subconscious takes a while to get these routines programmed. It begs a question about our globally structured life culture: rise from sleep, go to work, work 8 hours, come home, eat food, pay bills, watch tv, go to sleep, rinse and repeat, but I digress.

The subconscious can be programmed with almost anything. You know that jerk from work? The guy who is just intolerable and a jerk to everyone and you swear will never change? You know the one; he spent years of his life thinking jerk thoughts and hearing jerk statements from others, and now he’s a jerk; or more accurately, he has been made into a jerk.
    Maybe as a child he was told by his parents what a little “jerk” or a “prick” he was, whenever he did something mischievous. Maybe after that he started thinking to himself that he actually was a jerk, “You are such a jerk! Why’d you do that!” perhaps he began to say to himself. Then in school that programming and feedback loop continues, as he acts out inappropriately to others, and gets told what an ass he is all the time. Well, by the time he’s a full grown adult, “Jerk” has been fully programmed, and the subconscious silently influences his actions – and he, and others, have no clue that this is not really him, this is how his subconscious has been programmed.

We are all programmed in this method, the main variable is “what have you been programmed with?” Is it then any mystery that children of abusive parents more often than not grow up to be abusive to their children? The subconscious of the child being abused takes everything as truth, it has no judgements, and becomes programmed with “this is how children are treated”. When that child grows and has children of their own, even though they may have vowed to never treat their children like they were treated, often end up in the same situation as their parents, and they don’t understand the mechanics of how this could possibly occur, since it is not their wish or desire at all to be abusive.

It is fear, negativity, doubt, poor rationalizations, and contradictions that we tend to program into our subconscious throughout our lives, mostly from our own conscious thoughts -- often disguised as “practicality”, that in turn cause us to act with fear, negativity, doubt, poor rationalizations, and contradictions, within our own actions and words, which in turn reinforces the programming.
    This feedback loop, is the main part that I call the “static.” The subconscious can be programmed to cause your conscious to continuously feed itself back random thoughts, or negative thoughts, often contradictory, on a constant basis, to the point where it becomes seemingly out of your control. Just stop thinking for 3 minutes. Try it. Not one thought at all … I bet it is not possible. You have far less control over your conscious mind than you like to believe. This is the static feedback loop in action. This affects everyone to varying degrees and is a part of the “human condition”. In extreme cases we label it as various mental diseases, such as schizophrenia, but it really is all the same phenomenon.

Meditations and affirmations are excellent and simple tools that work together to help break up this static and begin reprogramming the subconscious so that it works for you as opposed to against you. Science has shown us that when a person is in relaxed meditation, the brain shifts into what is called an alpha brainwave state. This is a learning state – it allows the subconscious to be more controllably and clearly programmed – it has been dubbed “The gateway to the subconscious mind”. When a person is engaged in some learning activity while alpha brainwaves are being promoted in the brain, the long term retention of that learning is multitudes greater than attempted learning while in Beta state (currently the normal waking state in humans). Beta state is most common state of the conscious mind and is used for logic and critical reasoning, but often result in stress and anxiety; this would explain why stress and anxiety are an epidemic in our society, despite all the comforts of a modern society. It is this state specifically that is often referred to as the “ego”; but the mind has 5 variable brainwaves states in which it can function. Interestingly, dolphin’s brains are almost always in an alpha brainwave state, except those who have been held in captivity for a time, their brains slowly shift toward almost entirely beta state where they become stressed, depressed and more prone to illness, just like humans. More info on brainwave states here: http://www.finerminds.com/mind-power/brain-waves/

In a nutshell, people need to have the ability to have complete control over the programming of their own subconscious, or else their environment, or the stress from maintaining a consistent beta brainwave state will do it for them. And by environment, I mean that anything you are exposed to programs your subconscious. Marketing is a multi-trillion dollar a year industry, because of how well it works. The pioneers of advanced modern marketing understand all this process very well. In addition to marketing, think of Hollywood, religions, tv, internet – all these are vying for the chance to program your subconscious – this is what it is all about. Don’t you think it should be you who has full control of the power of your own subconscious?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th June 2019 at 22:53.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), enigma3 (24th June 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (25th June 2019), meeradas (27th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), what is a name? (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 441 posts

Yes, I have been meditating for about forty years on and off (there were many years where I stopped. I think the longest period was about 7 years). At present, I am back into it with more commitment than I have had in a long time. I meditate in the mornings for about 40 minutes before the mind gets too caught up in the day. For me, meditation is much more than trying to quiet the mind. It is about connecting with my higher self and taking my consciousness to that frequency and residing in that vibration. Very much the going deeper and deeper concept that is talked about so much in relation to meditation. My practice changes my whole outlook on life and I can see how I become more positive and happy by making this daily connection with something more than the ego self. I use a mantra and visualization, but there are so many techniques available and I guess one needs to find the technique that works for them.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (25th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,188 times in 3,983 posts

Yes.

I go through things with the underlying intent that society is the place to show meditative virtues, increase of merit. It took a while to realize that other beings use it for far different purposes. I was very ignorant about ignorance, if that makes sense. In Buddhism, or in Mahayana at least, "Permanently Still Nirvana" is rejected and only "Temporarily Still Nirvana" of meditation, joined with virtuous worldly acts, is done. I would say it is a subject fit for discussion, since, at one point, I became so transcendent, I more or less became unable to act. It is not without pitfalls and attainments.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

greybeard (25th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I would love to get quiet enough to have conversations with Soul and Source. No imposters allowed.

I suspect that clear communication would help get me get aligned with Source and feeling very good.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 25th June 2019 at 02:13.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Constance (25th June 2019), Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (25th June 2019), meeradas (27th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I would love to get quiet enough to have conversations with Soul and Source. No imposters allowed.

I suspect that clear communication would help get me get aligned with Source and feeling very good.
    Dear Ron
    The highest teaching in the Vedas says that you are source --the Bible "I am that that I am."

If there is belief in oneness---non-duality then it is seen that you are already complete--already enlightened--you are just unaware. Thats where the longish video I posted above comes in.
    The Swami covers in depth all the reasons why one is unaware and how to over come all obstacles.

One can meditate till one is blue in the face--there will be benefits but Truth is not revealed.
    The mind has to be purified first through selfless service and other spiritual practices as outlined in the talk.

A long as there is identification with the story of me meditation is only useful up to a point.
    Meditating trying to get something gets you nothing.
    Who is meditating?
    Brahman--God--is the absolute--there is nothing that is not Brahman--you are That--you can not become what you already are--Getting in contact with highers self implies separation--you can not get in touch with what you are--no separation--what you are is That --the illusion is that you are something other than Self--a separate individual.
    If you want to believe in a separate God--Source- thats a different ball game and what Ive posted best ignored.

Chris

Ps as always I point to Tim's thread

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904
    Last edited by greybeard; 25th June 2019 at 06:58.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Rich (25th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)

In the morning I have half an hour or more communication with the Source, receiving my daily bread (Divine guidance), helping me to get rid of the ego, grow spiritually and help others.
    In the afternoon and evening I pray to thank for lessons, experiences and help, and pray for my family, friends and those in need. Further reflection is an ongoing process throughout the day, in the train, while walking, while cycling.
    Time in silence I agree is important. For body balance, reflection, and also for reception, I'd say.

@Ron, if one truly wants to wholeheartedly, one can ask in directed prayer, day after day. When dedication to connect is true, the request will be answered.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (25th June 2019), Omi (25th June 2019), Rich (25th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (25th June 2019), samildamach (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Yes to meditation even though iam a complete novice.ive not been to a class or received instruction,other than traineehumans wonderful obe thread which morphed into so much more.
    The one thing I've learnt for sure is that my life is linked to my meditation in a circle and a flow.
    If I bring spirituality into my daily life that flows into the meditation and the meditation flows into my daily life on and on.
    I have as a novice so many questions and the answers come so slowly it's like leveling up in a computer game and I've just hit level 2

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), Rich (26th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Meditation will bring the full suport of nature into our experience according to TM. "Water the root and enjoy the fruit." I like one allegory taught: As we journey the traffic lights will more often be green instead of red.

I strongly suspect that we all are extenions of Source energy on Prime Creator's forever journey of creation and self discovery. We are apertures through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.

Meditation may help dissipate the illusion of separation.

I shall continue with meditation and my support for freedom, well being, joy, love, truth and harmony, for all who want these things.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 25th June 2019 at 22:53.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (25th June 2019), Rosemarie (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019), Words of Joy (26th June 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Sandy123's Avatar
    Thanks

I started meditating 7 years ago. Didn't know much about it but knew I needed something in my life. In the beginning I started with trying to empty my mind. It took a year or so to achieve much success. I also follow the 2 videos below at intervals. I do have more images or symbols and a few messages, but it's when I'm not listening to videos. And that took about a year before I had the courage to let go of my ego. I had a lot of fear because of something that had happened to me 25 years before while trying to contact the paranormal realm. I always meditate early morning to watch the Sun rise. I also meditate while I'm working on my rock polisher making cabochons because I get so totally in touch with the stone in my hands, the beauty and individuality of each one. Right from the start I had a new feeling of love for humanity and earth and it came so naturally and easy. It makes me feel happy and more at peace.

This video is by Mooji who makes it vet easy to calm yourself and find your "I am"

[YOUTUBE][https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAtLGkHUhDM/YOUTUBE] This video is following the Gurdjieff meditation, also finding your "I am"
    We are the creators of our reality, what story are you creating?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandy123 For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th June 2019), greybeard (25th June 2019), Omi (25th June 2019), Rich (26th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

Yes, I do meditate. Used to meditate daily, but then I started to lose interest to this world and thought that it is better to focus on something else.

I enjoy basic meditations alot, but sometimes I see and experience things that are far from emptying the mind. This said I'v met angels, demons, aliens, spirits, Jesus and experienced the precence of God. These might be just some products of my very vivid imagination. Or then not. Hard to say.
    Last edited by Arak; 26th June 2019 at 19:49.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

greybeard (25th June 2019), Omi (26th June 2019), Rich (26th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (25th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Arak (here)
    Yes, I do meditate. Used to meditate daily, but then I started to lose interest to this world and thought that it is better to rocus on something else.

I enjoy basic meditations alot, but sometimes I see and experience things that are far from emptying the mind. This said I'v met angels, demons, aliens, spirits, Jesus and experienced the precence of God. These might be just some products of my very vivid imagination. Or then not. Hard to say.
    Does it have a lasting or permanent positive affect on you?
    I watched a youtube the other day in which he said there is no such thing as hallucination, because everything exists on some level. That makes sense to me.
    I've met other dimensional beings and they all seem as real as the beings here, I don't know if anything is ultimately real thou.

I do a few different kinds of meditations and they seem to have different effects.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Arak (26th June 2019), greybeard (26th June 2019), Sandy123 (3rd July 2019), Wind (26th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast