+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Presuming the world was all love....

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

Default Presuming the world was all love....

Presuming the world was all love and that fear was non existant in every way. How do you feel or believe the earth would be run? Do we still have a money system in place or is everything free for choosing within reason. Would it be exciting or would it be boring?
    Would we be all in cities of gold here upon planet earth or would we all be clumped together in different styles of living?
    Would there be an abundance of love or lots of it?
    How could we achieve a lot more loving moments upon our great planet earth? Just a question of thought?

Angel

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (26th June 2019), EFO (26th June 2019), Frank V (26th June 2019), Franny (27th June 2019), Inaiá (14th July 2019), Jad (26th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Default Re: Presuming the world was all love....

Ideally, money (or any kind of barter) would no longer exist, and we would all be doing things for one another ─ both on an individual level and in terms of our service to society at large ─ on a purely voluntary basis, from the heart. A job done from the heart is a job well done, while a job done for money is only a compromise that you bring yourself to because you somehow need the money.

Brian Brainwash™ ─ sorry, I couldn't help myself ─ was mocking me (behind my back) in a Skype message to one of my friends not too long ago and saying that I got my economic ideas from (and I quote) "a '70s TV show", but what he was actually alluding to was a discussion I had with another member over in our neck of the woods regarding the economy model of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" ─ which is not from the 1970s but from the late 1980s and the 1990s.

In "Star Trek: The Next Generation", people don't work for money anymore, but to better themselves in their personal evolution, and so as to serve society. They do what they do because they love doing it, whether it's cooking food in the galley of some starship, or whether they're engineers, or scientists, or archeologists, or teachers, or whatever. Among many other things, that was Gene Roddenberry's vision of and for the future, and I think that we should at least aspire to get there.

Quite obviously, we cannot go on the way we do now. We are exhausting Earth's resources, we are destroying the very environment that allows us to remain alive, and we are behaving as barbarians toward our fellow human beings, and even toward animals. Personally, I am more often ashamed of being human than that I would be proud of it.

Just my two Eurocents, at today's exchange rates.
    Last edited by Frank V; 26th June 2019 at 17:40. Reason: grammatical correction

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

A difficult question, but interesting once you take the time to think the scenario through.

One thing that quickly came to mind is money (or whatever currency would exist). The need to have this currency to exchange for goods and services brings greed to many people.

Greed creates a problem for trying to love everyone. But then, based upon a person's perspective, they could probably reason why and how their greed is displaying love in some way.

Another thought - if everyone was loving everyone, what happens to those that are not displaying it as well as others?

Emotions are so entangled at times and we are all different and unique - if we were all the same life would be boring.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (26th June 2019), Frank V (26th June 2019), Franny (27th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th July 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    A difficult question, but interesting once you take the time to think the scenario through.

One thing that quickly came to mind is money (or whatever currency would exist). The need to have this currency to exchange for goods and services brings greed to many people.

Greed creates a problem for trying to love everyone. But then, based upon a person's perspective, they could probably reason why and how their greed is displaying love in some way.
    But we know that this is false, and it could therefore just as easily be reasoned away.

Another thought - if everyone was loving everyone, what happens to those that are not displaying it as well as others?
    Well, if and when it comes to someone who cannot display love at a given point in time because of certain circumstances, then patience and understanding from their environment will eventually bring them to the point where they too will begin to display love and commitment, because those things are embedded in every human soul. Even animals possess those qualities.

If on the other hand we are talking about psychopaths, then they would be ostracizing themselves, because then the natural reaction of their environment will be to avoid them, if not to banish them outright. In a worst case scenario, if the antisocial person physically harms someone, they might get their head bashed in.

It's a very natural system of checks and balances.

Emotions are so entangled at times and we are all different and unique - if we were all the same life would be boring.
    Yes, but if the emotions are there, no matter how deeply hidden under some layer of grief, distrust, frustration or whatever, then there is hope.

7. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

I am greatful for your responses to be honest. I love the idea of no money. I love the idea that personal evolution provides jobs to serve others. Well If people are struggling with receiving love then you can have personal training to provide that type of love to others. Like nowadays you have to ask if you can hug someone. What is so wrong with a hug even if it's a sidestep one?????????/
    Loving world be definitely no war or hunger. I feel every one is entitled to a home and if someone wished to live in the forest they should be allowed too as long as they preserved nature.
    I think that the government should have a group of various people from all walks of life who are able to step in and debate any indifferences created instead of one Queen or parliament who are so out of the league with everybody else.
    I think that if everybody was at least kind more in today's world and stepped in to help each other more. That is a form of love.

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

Well, isn't it easier to answer this question with a negative?
    Imagine if the world was full of hate. Mothers hate their children and their fathers. Of course this would have to be true for animals too.
    As you can see, in a way the world would be nice and clean and all animal life would stop, but the world would be just fine.
    No progress, no pollution, no technology, no cooperation, nothing but plants and bacteria.

The problem with all love is that it MUST include love of all life, and if so, then humans must become breathairians and live like plants.
    Somewhere there is a balancing factor that will have to limit growth.
    Are we talking about love amongst humans only? Maybe a few other creatures too? Aliens?
    What are the boundaries of this love?
    Who or what is excluded?

To answer any question, the assumptions must be spelled out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

greybeard (13th July 2019)

10. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I picture a world where energy availability is not a concern for anyone.

A little bit of early investment on the part of individuals and the basic necessities of life become self-sustaining, drawing energy from a tiny, mobile device and requiring only basic maintenance. With that one innovation our world could transform itself into a utopia.

Still, there is the human condition. It is this that must be addressed. How do we counter the forces of division? How do we educate those blinded by dogma? What common goal could we rally behind?

The USA rallied its people to achieve the peaceful goal of landing a man on the moon in nine years! (let's leave the obvious argument aside) It may be possible to rally the majority of people to a similar goal. One that may take a little longer to accomplish but still very much doable.

The ability to travel between the stars!

Together, in harmony, we could turn our economies into a vessel for the creation of those technologies necessary for inter-stellar travel. There are many areas of interest, much basic research to do.

But the very first change would be in the manner in which people are empowered to do their part. The entire infra-structure would need overhaul, and there would be many jobs created as priorities would change and resources spent elsewhere than traditionally spent.

Everyone would be accounted for and receive basic subsistence, regardless of their service or lack thereof. Other measures would also be taken to ensure everyone is looked after according to their specific needs. That is the only way to keep the peace - and our eye on the prize.

And the reason for this goal? Because once it is realized, the individual can never be coerced to join a group and relinquish autonomy for the sake of survival. The individual will finally truly be free and sovereign as never before.

Love is already here. It just needs to find purchase in the hearts of humankind empowered by a goal worthy of their collective effort.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

greybeard (13th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I would suggest looking at Shadowman book
    SM recommends reading all of it--which I did
    However perhaps you could start here and read two parts then to get context read from the first chapter

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1301410
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Intranuclear (13th July 2019)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I imagine a sort of group forum where people can state what they need and be matched with someone who can help fulfill their dream. Everyone has something to share, it's just a matter of drawing the right resource connections up so people get what they need/their excess shared.

You have to look at problem solving from a different direction when trying to make a love-based world. For example, a problem I solved yesterday. There's a bird feeder outside of my window–hours of fun for the cat. However, there's a squirrel that likes to eat the sunflower seeds out of the bird seed mix. Almost everyone I know picks the solution of "scare the squirrel away when we notice it." Or maybe "use a birdseed mix without sunflower seeds." Or "make the bird feeder hostile to squirrels in some other fashion." I put a bowl of sunflower seeds below the bird feeder. The squirrel is currently enjoying the tasty bowl of sunflower seeds made easy to access, still just as entertaining for the cat, and no longer making a big mess and dominating the bird food. The problem was solved with love.

I think a lot of the time we ask, "how do we get rid of this problem?" But we should be asking, "How do we solve this problem?" That's what a love based world looks like–a whole lot of problem solvers, and need connectors where there weren't before. I used to go around and knock on doors and sell people phone, internet, and TV packages. Crap job, but you know what blew my mind was how often people would feed me dinner–right before they would screw me out of my commission by taking the competitor's offer when they phoned to cancel and change providers, as the business goes. Yet still abundance came to me. You wouldn't think. It might really depend on the neighborhood. It got me thinking about crazier levels of hospitality. That merely wearing a logo from a recognized company was enough to get me invited in for dinner over a sales pitch. What if we had people going around asking people what they needed, and that was their job, just going around and finding out what was needed in their neighborhood, then having meetings after the survey to find out where they could make connections between the right people. It's like this entirely new field needs to exist, one of facilitating sharing enmasse, for a love-based economy to work.
    May the Force be with you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ti For This Post:

Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread