+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Don't be a Rabbit in the Headlights: Reincarnation discussions

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Don't be a Rabbit in the Headlights: Reincarnation discussions

Oh what a surprise is in store when we finally arrive at death's door!

No fear, no regrets, no second guessing self.

What a relief to know there is only more and more and more and more...without end.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th June 2019), EFO (28th June 2019), Ivanhoe (27th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (28th June 2019), RunningDeer (27th June 2019), Sadieblue (28th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th June 2019), Words of Joy (3rd July 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Quote Posted by Rich (here)
    Just yesterday I watched a video in which the lady said the machine that recycles people back to earth has been turned off...
    I'd love to see the documentation on that

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

EFO (28th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), RunningDeer (28th June 2019), Sadieblue (28th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

I have read eastern and western writings on reincarnation and, as Greybeard has said, nothing on a tunnel of light.

As for reincarnation, the subject has been taught in all eastern philosophies forever and in non-Roman western circles until the books of the Bible were decided on. Reincarnation was taught as a valid perspective in Eastern Orthodox writings but voted out of the Bible at a Christian conference where Rome outnumbered the delegates from Constantinople 3-2.Who knows, that may just be a good story. However, reincarnation was valid in several branches of Christianity until Rome squashed it. As I understand it, the Gnostics taught it too. Rome wanted more control, so out with reincarnation.

The essence of what the Easterners say is:
    1. We have been reborn into a body for thousands of lives - sometimes a man and sometimes a woman. We usually tend to reincarnate with the same loose group of people. We learn "spiritual" lessons slowly.
    2. A human body, AFAIK, is the only body on this planet that has the ability to know the Source (Oneness, That, God, Allah, etc). Why are we born not knowing the Great Knowing at birth? That is the greatest mystery of all. So obtaining birth in a human body is a great gift giving the opportunity to become aware of creation, to sit at the right hand of God. The human body, with its system of "chakras" or energy centers, can tune into all vibrations at once. A rather overwhelming experience for most. All tantra is based on becoming friends with these universal energies so that the most vital energy, that of the spinal cord, will settle in the heart. When that happens, one instantly becomes fully awake. Then karma is, usually, slowly burned off. Those limitations, inclinations, limited awareness caused by baggage carried over life to life is karma. Then one becomes enlightened and not before all karma has been extinguished. First there is awakening and then enlightenment after. Perhaps only after several more lifetimes. Time doesn't matter anymore. You're living in the now. Then reincarnating in a body is not needed to learn anymore. The Tibetans call the final state where one basks in limitless awareness and love the state of no more learning.
    3. Reincarnation and karma are inextricably intertwined. As the TV westerner once said - have karma, will travel.
    4. What happens after enlightenment? One is reborn in a body of light. There are many levels of light out there. With no sense of an "I" left the conscious awareness never blacks out and enjoys every rebirth in a body of light. There is no more pain beyond duality. Beyond human birth.
    5. The subject of awakening is grossly misunderstood and misrepresented. Cogitate on this. The first awareness upon awakening is that there is NO "I"!!! This realization is universally understood and expressed. All over the world. No I. THAT is the first precondition for awakening. To know if real awakening has happened. Now let that stir around and cogitate on what that seeing means for one's cherished paradigm. What then falls away? All adhesion to family, a total re-centering regarding friends, and more. Concepts that keep one binded or seem limited. Awakening brings a great sense of freedom. Awareness is seen to rest properly in the heart. You lose the I but gain a whole new perception from being introduced to the entire forest.
    I like to say that the subject of reincarnation is moot. Eventually everyone will know the truth of its existence. So if you're looking to eliminate reincarnation start heading toward awakening. Or at least start greasing the skids.
    Last edited by enigma3; 28th June 2019 at 00:08.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

EFO (28th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), George (30th June 2019), greybeard (28th June 2019), kfm27917 (1st July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (28th June 2019), RunningDeer (28th June 2019), Sadieblue (28th June 2019), samsdice (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th June 2019), Wind (28th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

I just watched the movie Inception last night for the first time. There was much to think about, but I initially cued on the idea that to implant an idea requires a deep emotional state to be present. The story involved taking the target victim inside three nested dream states to implant an emotion about his father's passing which in turn would create an idea in his head which he would "buy" as his own thought. Inception.

In NDE stories, there is frequently a vision of your family members, or animals you loved in this life, appearing to beckon you to the light.

I cannot escape the nagging thought that the idea of emotion being used as an enticement might be too convenient. Aren't decisions you make more solid when you can silence the emotions and think rationally? To introduce comfort into the decision making process mimics injecting dopamine for the knee-jerk response. It's a bit pushy, especially when presented at such a vulnerable state of transition and confusion. Clarity in the moment would seem a more helpful response rather than bombardment by emotion.

On the other hand, if reincarnation is inescapable...

I ran across a post somewhere, sorry if it was here and I do not recall - actually it might have been on the Thomas Campbell forum, addressing the biggest problem with the idea of reincarnation which is that you reincarnate with your memory completely wiped. The post was talking about how things you learn in this life are incorporated into your current state of being, and therefore, recalling specific details serves no purpose. If you "learned" the lessons of a previous incarnation, you will not make the same mistakes.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

EFO (28th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), greybeard (28th June 2019), kfm27917 (28th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (28th June 2019), RunningDeer (28th June 2019), Sadieblue (28th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

This one's for you! | Anita Moorjani -

I receive so many questions every week, I dedicated this hour long video to simply answering questions that I've received recently. This is what we cover in the video below:

- Do you still feel the unconditional love from the NDE, or has it faded away?
    - Is "the other side" here? Or somewhere else?
    - What do you think about the Ho’oponopono healing method?
    - What are your thoughts on miscarriages?
    - How can empaths wisely choose the people they work with?
    - I am trying various cancer treatments and want to write a book...should I do it?
    - How can I deal with regrets after my loved one has crossed over?
    - What is your opinion on blockages for weight loss and abundance?
    - How can I deal with the aggressive ego voice that tries to control me?

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Franny (10th July 2019), meeradas (28th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Oh what a surprise is in store when we finally arrive at death's door!

No fear, no regrets, no second guessing self.

What a relief to know there is only more and more and more and more...without end.
    That is why some levels of monks do practice for the cross over.
    By practising you can evolve the soul along it's path, by passing many if not all the random reincarnations.
    they say every time they do the exercise they evolve 2000 years along their path.

After what I saw I can see how it works and believe they are doing what they claim.
    Death for them is not just a Waite and see random event, they are already pushing along the path with open/trained minds.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (29th July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), George (30th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

From what I have gathered from various sources over the years, if you go into the light you have the standard oft-reported between lives experience of, say, Michael Newton. The light lasts about 3 days, then it's gone. However, you might be able to find a shaman to send you to the light. Another opportunity is to visit, say, a funeral home or hospital and hitchhike on the light of a newly dead person.

If you don't go into the light you can wander around on the earth plane, aka Bardo, until you run out of energy. To maintain your energy as a "discarnate" or "earthbound spirit," you have to steal it from a living person by becoming an astral attachment. See the book, 30 Years Among the Dead. There are beings who prefer this existence to facing "God," whatever that is.

What I don't like about the light is that it seems to always end in reincarnation. What I don't like about the Bardo is that it seems to always end in astral attachment.

The best explanation I've heard of what "the light" is, is that it's your own higher self. Of course, this doesn't jibe with the idea that you can hitchhike on someone else's light. From what I've gathered, people don't often get to merge back with Source, cease to Be.
    Last edited by TomKat; 28th June 2019 at 10:57.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (29th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), greybeard (28th June 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), samsdice (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), Wind (28th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would be inclined to listen to those that have awakened.
    On the web site linked below--literally hundreds of ordinary people share their awakening.
    This would seem to be a time where many are realizing the Truth about themselves.
    Ramana Maharshi said "First find out who you are" who is asking all these questions--who has all these concepts?
    Anyone can talk about spirituality--enlightenment.
    Talking about it isn't it.
    I listen to those who are Selfrealized

Buddha at the Gas Pump

https://batgap.com/
    Last edited by greybeard; 28th June 2019 at 11:30.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

enigma3 (28th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Mercedes (28th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), Valerie Villars (29th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Ramana Maharshi said "First find out who you are" who is asking all these questions--who has all these concepts?
    Sometimes I wonder if there isn't a "guru school" in India. Or at least a pamphlet "How to Become a Guru in the West" with a list of questions to dazzle Westerners.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Franny (10th July 2019), Rich (29th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Sometimes I wonder if there isn't a "guru school" in India. Or at least a pamphlet "How to Become a Guru in the West" with a list of questions to dazzle Westerners.
    Self inquiry which is what Ramana taught is actually an ancient teaching.
    India is recognized as the cradle of Spirituality.
    There is only the one question or suggestion --Find the Self within.
    Jesus said "Of my self I do nothing it is the Father within."

The Mystic will say that the guru resides within.

Ramana became enlightened at the age of fifteen without a teacher--it was spontaneous.
    In the West Eckhart Tolle knew nothing of spirituality had no interest--the awakening was spontaneous.
    Yes there are those in the West who mimic the Eastern teaching.
    Ive read enough, experienced enough, to know that Self realization is a genuine natural state.
    When a Kundalini awakening happens spontaneously without any prior knowledge of even that state--it rattles your cage that's what happened to me.
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 29th June 2019 at 02:56.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (29th June 2019), aoibhghaire (29th June 2019), Clear Light (29th June 2019), Franny (29th June 2019), Rich (29th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), Valerie Villars (29th June 2019), Wind (29th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

In the West Eckhart Tolle knew nothing of spirituality had no interest--the awakening was spontaneous.
    Is that what he's saying now? Why all the scientology ideas in his books?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Is that what he's saying now? Why all the scientology ideas in his books?
    Its in his first book "The Power of Now"
    Suicidal depression was a precursor to the awakening Tom Kat.
    I know nothing of Scientology so cant comment.
    However what I have read of his is very similar to all enlightened authors "work"

Chris

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), Wind (29th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Good conversations and additions all.

One thing comes to my mind while reading through is:

we need to remember or at least take into consideration that we are not all the same.
    What I mean by that is, if you believe we as souls come here from different levels of the universe, different planets etc, well we might have slightly different pathways/doors.

Because of that we can and do add to each others life path here.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

greybeard (29th June 2019), Michi (29th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Good conversations and additions all.

One thing comes to my mind while reading through is:

we need to remember or at least take into consideration that we are not all the same.
    What I mean by that is, if you believe we as souls come here from different levels of the universe, different planets etc, well we might have slightly different pathways/doors.

Because of that we can and do add to each others life path here.
    Agreed Sunny -side- up
    What I post comes from the belief in non-duality but I am aware that there are other valid beliefs.
    Fairly recently I posted videos on the Edgar Cayce trance findings.
    These do confirm oneness but chart the first appearance of humans on the planet through Atlantis to present day version.
    We do go to different planets in between incarnations
    The rise and fall an rise again of humans through the various natural disasters, ice ages etc.
    The reincarnation of humans
    All fascinating and all documented fully in Cayce work.
    The images in some of the pyramids tell that story too.
    Its worth taking time to go through the videos on Edgar Cayce's teaching.
    We are heading for another upgrade of body --a Golden Age according to the late Edgar Cayce

Chris

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Rich (29th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), Wind (29th June 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One further thing on enlightenment.
    The symbol of Kundalini is the serpent--it lies dormant at the base of the spine till it awakens --then it makes its way up the spine through the chakras opening the Third Eye. The Egyptians depicted in the pyramids are shown with a snake at the forehead, as are various figures in ancient pictures of Indians.

The focus of the ancient pyramid builders was an end to reincarnation through spiritual practices leading to the awakening of Kundalini a precursor to full enlightenment.

The only known way to avoid reincarnation is enlightenment--that is the end of reincarnation here but not the end of spiritual progress elsewhere.

Chris

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

enigma3 (4th July 2019), kfm27917 (1st July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), ulli (29th June 2019), Valerie Villars (29th June 2019), Wind (29th June 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Yes have always noticed greybeard

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

greybeard (29th June 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Off topic - post deleted
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 29th June 2019 at 21:23.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019), ulli (29th June 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I wonder if dreams of snakes are clues to where one is on one's journey of reincarnation.

There have been so many dreams of snakes.

Some threatening and others broadcasting very intense love.
    If the snakes threaten me I kill them.
    The intensity of love felt from other snakes has very often caused tears to run down my cheeks when I relived and told the story.
    Snakes shed their skins, so it could be about renewal.
    I’m just guessing. Another association is about their poisononous bite.
    Another one about them being shy creatures, and usually hiding, plus having strong defenses, which they have in common with scorpions. Then the biblical one, of temptation.

But the real meaning can only come from yourself, as your mind orchestrated the dream.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

greybeard (30th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

I wonder, if everything is an extension of Source energy (I suspect that is true), what is the reason for the illusion of separation and reincarnation?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

greybeard (1st July 2019), Rich (1st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I wonder, if everything is an extension of Source energy (I suspect that is true), what is the reason for the illusion of separation and reincarnation?
    Several theories Ron.
    The play of consciousness.
    The Cosmic dance
    Iswaras dream-- That is God's . Dream.

Its a different reality in that it never happened--we were never separate from Source.

In a way all theories are distractions.
    The focus should be on enlightenment--transcending the illusion of the separate entity called me.
    Several of the Swami videos posted recently on the enlightenment thread, though long, are very clear as to the stages leading up to enlightenment.
    Chris
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1299556

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Rich (1st July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (1st July 2019), samsdice (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast