+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Don't be a Rabbit in the Headlights: Reincarnation discussions

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Don't be a Rabbit in the Headlights: Reincarnation discussions

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I wonder, if everything is an extension of Source energy (I suspect that is true), what is the reason for the illusion of separation and reincarnation?
    If you woke up to find yourself the only thing in existence, and had unlimited ability to create, what might you do?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (2nd July 2019), greybeard (1st July 2019), Michi (1st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), Words of Joy (3rd July 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

You mean, like, let there be LIGHT!?!?!

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I wonder, if everything is an extension of Source energy (I suspect that is true), what is the reason for the illusion of separation and reincarnation?
    If you woke up to find yourself the only thing in existence, and had unlimited ability to create, what might you do?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

greybeard (1st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019), waree (1st July 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

I have had the same recurring dream for many years now. I am heading towards the light and feel compelled to go through it. Inside of the light, it is rather confusing, akin to being in a dream that makes little sense. Once I emerge from the tunnel (for lack of a better word) I realize I am flying without a body. At this point, I am met by a guide. We are about 1000 above the ground moving at a fairly rapid pace, we pass over cityscapes, suburbs, oceans, deserts, we see poverty, war, disease, happiness, beauty, and destruction. All the colors are off a little bit but you can clearly understand what we are passing over. It is not earth but it is some sort of reasonable facsimile.

It becomes immediately clear that this is a placement tour. The purpose of this journey is for me to decide what type of life and under what conditions I would agree to another incarnation. Without exchanging words the guide explains that there is a major benefit or reward for choosing a difficult life, such as being born in a war zone or into poverty or with some serious health condition.

In this dream, I fully understand that I have done this many times before and this time I have told myself I am not going back regardless of the circumstances or rewards being offered.

As the guide and I continue to move forward I keep repeating to myself that this placement tour is not about what you see below and it is not about returning to earth. It is about distance. All I can think about is that the further I go the better the outcome will be. The longer we are moving forward the more difficult it gets. At some point, it becomes excruciatingly difficult to keep going. Along the way, I begin to question my ability to see this through to the end. Somehow I reach down deep and find the strength to go on. Just when I am starting to think that I won't be able to continue we come upon a horizon that is entirely encased in a brilliant white light. It makes the tunnel at the beginning of the journey seem ordinary. The guide turns to me and smiles and releases me into the horizon. The dream always end the same way. I feel a warmth and a deep sense of gratitude.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

greybeard (1st July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Joe Akulis (2nd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 times in 869 posts

I recently had a past life regression. I only managed to view one past life on Earth. I was also shown the location of my first life on Earth and introduced to my spirit guide. The only other life I seen wasn’t on earth.
    What was interesting was the time between lives. I was taken up at my moment of death in a sparkling bright tube of effervescent light and arrived in what felt like an airport departure lounge of souls. There was thousands of ‘soul families’ meeting together again. It was my understanding we choose when/if to come back and we agree to our ‘mission’ before coming back. I don’t think we’re all Earth souls, but we have the option to come to earth to help and evolve. I think there’s both a personal and higher collective mission in reincarnation. I didn’t feel like I had to return, I think we have choice and free will in the spirit world

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

greybeard (1st July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd July 2019), rgray222 (1st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), ulli (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

I suspect the answer is ... create some playmates.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

greybeard (1st July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (1st July 2019), ulli (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I have had the same recurring dream for many years now. I am heading towards the light and feel compelled to go through it. Inside of the light, it is rather confusing, akin to being in a dream that makes little sense. Once I emerge from the tunnel (for lack of a better word) I realize I am flying without a body. At this point, I am met by a guide. We are about 1000 above the ground moving at a fairly rapid pace, we pass over cityscapes, suburbs, oceans, deserts, we see poverty, war, disease, happiness, beauty, and destruction. All the colors are off a little bit but you can clearly understand what we are passing over. It is not earth but it is some sort of reasonable facsimile.

It becomes immediately clear that this is a placement tour. The purpose of this journey is for me to decide what type of life and under what conditions I would agree to another incarnation. Without exchanging words the guide explains that there is a major benefit or reward for choosing a difficult life, such as being born in a war zone or into poverty or with some serious health condition.

In this dream, I fully understand that I have done this many times before and this time I have told myself I am not going back regardless of the circumstances or rewards being offered.

As the guide and I continue to move forward I keep repeating to myself that this placement tour is not about what you see below and it is not about returning to earth. It is about distance. All I can think about is that the further I go the better the outcome will be. The longer we are moving forward the more difficult it gets. At some point, it becomes excruciatingly difficult to keep going. Along the way, I begin to question my ability to see this through to the end. Somehow I reach down deep and find the strength to go on. Just when I am starting to think that I won't be able to continue we come upon a horizon that is entirely encased in a brilliant white light. It makes the tunnel at the beginning of the journey seem ordinary. The guide turns to me and smiles and releases me into the horizon. The dream always end the same way. I feel a warmth and a deep sense of gratitude.

rgray222 that's what the exercise I did was about, it's what the monks practice so that they reincarnate in the best possible/desired next life.
    They train to go as far down the tunnel (for want of a batter name) as possible.

What I saw in the exercise is the tunnel, not the light tunnel.
    The light tunnel is the tunnel as seen while you are moving into/through it at vast speed, so no detail just bright white.
    I was at the mouth of the tunnel, looking down as far as I could.
    This is how to pick the next life.
    Or
    to go all the way to sauce if wanted and or if your strong enough.

That was a very interesting dream rgray222
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Franny (2nd July 2019), greybeard (1st July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), rgray222 (1st July 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 times in 438 posts

... and to create some rules ...
    (and thus, the downward spiral began)

I don't want to be a curmudgeon but I have the suspicion that "games" (as odd as it sounds) was the pitfall of the spirit. Maybe not necessarily so, but it just went this way.
    (This might be perhaps another good possible thread.)

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Franny (2nd July 2019), greybeard (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), wondering (2nd July 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Michi (here)

... and to create some rules ...
    (and thus, the downward spiral began)
    I don't want to be a curmudgeon but I have the suspicion that "games" (as odd as it sounds) was the pitfall of the spirit. Maybe not necessarily so, but it just went this way.
    Supposedly after we die we realize, from a giddy state, that it was all just a game. But later on, quite probably, the part of our energy we left on the Earth plane pulls us into reincarnation willy nilly -- perhaps even thinking we are making a conscious decision.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Franny (2nd July 2019), greybeard (2nd July 2019), Michi (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), wondering (2nd July 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

How else can we experience the Ego, but here in the material.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019), wondering (2nd July 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    How else can we experience the Ego, but here in the material.
    I wonder if experiencing the Ego has value, and why?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

greybeard (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

It has value, it's the higher level language and programming for the body. It's the peak interface point and tends to run the show. Sometimes like an unwanted 'peter principle' senior manager, that just won't stop driving and integrating, at any price.

If you really want to see the shape of it in reflection, look at how the world is run via the forces that be, re how they address it, they never address you. They always address the ego, one might say.

The ego is both problem and innocent. It can drive like a train wreck, but it never really ever intends any harm. It's just a tad too base to be responsible for such things, even though it can be instrumental. Both live and dead, on the verge of either.

This 'ego' interface is required, otherwise the body would be very unwieldy. Impossible, most likely.
    Last edited by Carmody; 2nd July 2019 at 14:36.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Franny (2nd July 2019), greybeard (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd July 2019), rgray222 (2nd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), ulli (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019), what is a name? (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

23. Link to Post #52
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,664 times in 4,334 posts

What Carmody said. The ego is the 'monkey brain' in all of us, the input/output system, in which mind and intellect is seated. It houses the tools we need to engage in the 3-dimensional world and to survive it. It is only a mask we wear though, through which the light of our souls, however faintly, shines. It is not truly us, though if fed too much the ego can be cultivated and grown, even putting out tentacles that can strangle us and dominate our lives (and that of others). Upon death however it is discarded, along with everything else of the body.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (2nd July 2019), Carmody (5th July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), greybeard (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Michi (2nd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

The trick with Ego is to be it's master and not it's puppet.

here is my experience of the Light Tunnel as seen from a stationary position.
    When you go uncontrollably hurtling down it, it's a bright light.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Imagine those balls to be perfect shiny chrome spheres, all in a perfect geometry.

That's just from my experience, you might well see something other, maybe angles.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (2nd July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019)

27. Link to Post #54
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Enlightenment is an egoless state--so if you do not want to reincarnate then it has to be transcended.
    That is not my opinion but as stated by every self-realized mystic I have ever read and that is quite a few.
    Ego is a separation device--it keeps one in ignorance--the ignorance being that you/we are separate beings--separate from source.
    Tim's thread is very clear and thats not second hand, that's what happened.
    No person left to claim enlightenment--no ego.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (2nd July 2019), Carmody (5th July 2019), EFO (5th July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

My 'current' understanding of ego & spirit in layman terms.

Spirit merges with body to operate in 3D
    But Spirit can't "feel" bodily functions
    Ego comes with the body and was meant to be manager of body functions.
    Ego is how body learns not to touch something hot or it will burn
    Not to jump off of roof top, etc.
    Spirit was meant to be driver of body, tell us where to go, how to live. Ego is the vehicle/car

Somewhere along the way we lost touch with the Spirit (driver of the car) and began to believe we were the car
    We saw ourselves as physical beings, not spiritual beings having a temporary physical experience.

Because we put all or most of our emphasis on the physical, ego became more powerful

Ego's goal is to preserve and advance the body - even if that means competing with, killing, cheating your perceived enemies (other bodies)

Spirit knows there is no death. Ego fears death as it is the end of that body, hence the death of ego.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Carmody (5th July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

31. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Enlightenment is an egoless state--so if you do not want to reincarnate then it has to be transcended.
    That is not my opinion but as stated by every self-realized mystic I have ever read and that is quite a few.
    Ego is a separation device--it keeps one in ignorance--the ignorance being that you/we are separate beings--separate from source.
    Tim's thread is very clear and that's, not second hand, that's what happened.
    Chris
    Hi Chris
    Wondering if you can clarify something for me. When you say
    Quote if you do not want to reincarnate then it has to be transcended.
    what exactly do you mean? To me, it means that we have to "overcome" our ego. Or do you mean that we have to find a way to remove our ego altogether to reach what you call an egoless state? I think the ego certainly plays an important role in our lives sometimes good and sometimes bad. I also believe that we can override or subdue our egos but I not aware that we can actually reach a completely egoless state, as in no ego whatsoever.

While I believe that everyone possesses and ego a lot of people never seem to use or put their ego on display. Most of these people seem to be very gentle souls. Are they prime candidates for enlightenment or maybe they have reached that state already.

Many Thanks
    Richard

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

When it comes to the ego, this is a truthful commentary from Eckhart Tolle.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Michi (3rd July 2019), rgray222 (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019)

35. Link to Post #58
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

...in an illusory realm with a set of rules and circumstances, that will make sure that everyone created at some point will transcend the illusion and come next to you, in a state that they don't put themselves first, but others, just like yourself, so that what is felt/experienced will be so much more beautiful. Though "everyone" is a loose term, if you let those, that transcend the illusion, share increasingly in your limitless creativity, which will make for an ever evolving experience, where love for all comes first, for yourself and the others.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Michi (3rd July 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (3rd July 2019)

37. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    I wonder if dreams of snakes are clues to where one is on one's journey of reincarnation.

There have been so many dreams of snakes.

Some threatening and others broadcasting very intense love.
    If the snakes threaten me I kill them.
    The intensity of love felt from other snakes has very often caused tears to run down my cheeks when I relived and told the story.
    Snakes shed their skins, so it could be about renewal.
    I’m just guessing. Another association is about their poisonous bite.
    Another one about them being shy creatures, and usually hiding, plus having strong defenses, which they have in common with scorpions. Then the biblical one, of temptation.

But the real meaning can only come from yourself, as your mind orchestrated the dream.
    I'm fortunate to have my dreams explained from time to time by the Spirit. I'll give two examples. And how I think they can affect reincarnation.

First dream was where I had a scorpion on my arm and I wasn't able to remove it from my arm. At some point a friend came in and started wetting the room with a big super-soaker. While that was going on bugs were fleeing outside from under the furniture and the scorpion was gone. Explanation given was that I had the tendency to response verbally on impulse, not giving my words enough thought. This behavior had the potential of hurting others, causing implicitly to hurt myself in the process. Though because I was not aware of this in real life, I also didn't think of changing it, I was blind to it. My friend was the person with the answer to improve my behavior. So I spoke with him about it, after I had learned what the dream meant. He's a chess player and he told me he used to train children to learn how to play chess. A challenge for young children beginning to play chess is to not move chess pieces on impulse, but to first think about their move and the result of the move. A trick they use to avoid the hand to move a chess piece on impulse is to sit on their hands. To me that made a lot of sense, and from then on I've been trying to give it more thought before speaking.

Other dream was where a snake came close to me. From that dream I learned that the snake represented a person that was going to be on my path that had the potential to steer me off my path and into obscurity. In this case the dream was like a warning sign: Be careful, snake ahead!

These type dreams I feel need to be evaluated against life. From my perspective dreams with venomous creatures indicate influences either within yourself or within others that might steer or keep you off the track to transcending the illusion. Time to analyse life and surroundings is what I take for these type dreams. The venomous creatures embody death, which is that which we're trying to overcome (at least I am ). Thanks to the Great Good One's plan involving Jesus, it's become so much easier. Anyone can talk to Jesus and ask for help to show the path and invite the Spirit to guide life in a way, that will avoid death and with it reincarnation that includes suffering.

@Ron, for using the message you had removed as being off-topic. I saw value in what you mentioned for this topic.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Rich (3rd July 2019), ulli (3rd July 2019)

39. Link to Post #60
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Tim's thread is very clear and that's, not second hand, that's what happened.
    Chris
    Hi Chris
    Wondering if you can clarify something for me. When you say
    Quote if you do not want to reincarnate then it has to be transcended.
    what exactly do you mean? To me, it means that we have to "overcome" our ego. Or do you mean that we have to find a way to remove our ego altogether to reach what you call an egoless state? I think the ego certainly plays an important role in our lives sometimes good and sometimes bad. I also believe that we can override or subdue our egos but I not aware that we can actually reach a completely egoless state, as in no ego whatsoever.

While I believe that everyone possesses and ego a lot of people never seem to use or put their ego on display. Most of these people seem to be very gentle souls. Are they prime candidates for enlightenment or maybe they have reached that state already.

Many Thanks
    Richard
    Richard we could talk about the ego at length but the bottom line is this definition of ego.
    "Belief in the story of me." (as a seperate individual.)
    Seperate individuals reincarnate till that ignorance is removed--Divine Grace reveals that there never was a separate individual.
    When this is realized there is no individual left to reincarnate
    Jesus said--"The Father and I are One"
    The Eastern religions say--"Only Brahman exists" That thou art--finding this to be true is the goal of the teachings..
    This is a video I recommend--long but contains all that a genuine seeker of enlightenment need to know in my opinion.

A short explanation by Adyashanti here.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1300956

"Quote There are two essential lines of development in the quest for enlightenment -- the shift of self-identity followed by the dissolution of identity altogether. In this compelling satsang, Adyashanti focuses on the deeper aspects of his teaching as he explores the subtlety of the dissolution of self and the quiet, complete surrender through which all identity falls away. "

Best wishes
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Carmody (5th July 2019), rgray222 (3rd July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast