+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving physical objects during OOBE?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Default Moving physical objects during OOBE?

So I had a weird lucid dream, maybe an OOBE.

I regularly have false awakening that end up with me becoming lucid in the dream. Generally I'll wake in the dream and try to turn a light on. When it doesn't turn on I realize I'm dreaming and then become lucid. I'll be in my bedroom but when i try to leave the room is when i usually wake up in my bed.

Well this particular experience was like most. I wake up in a dream in my room, try to turn my lamp on and it does not turn on. I then become lucid, feeling around the room to try and stabilize/ enhance the visual. Then I realize that im wearing my computer headphones which I use nightly to chat with friends before going to bed. So in the lucid dream I take headphones off and put them on a little stand that I have to hang then on. I then move to my door, open it, and then I wake up in my bed.

Now here's the odd part. Three seconds after waking up from a lucid dream in which I touched my headphones, my actual headphones fell from the stand and landed on my desk. This was all in th middle of the night.

So I wonder, was this some wild coincidence that my headphones moved both in the dream and in the physical? Or is possible that I was actually out of body and some part me (astral body? etheric body? ) was able to manipulate the headphones enough to where they fell?

I honestly didn't believe in OOBE's for some time now. I always thought my experiences were more of dreaming that I'm out of body, but not actually out of body. But this experience has left me second guessing that.

Anyone have similar experiences? What do you think is possible and what do you think happened here? Maybe the headphones were poised to fall and the A/C kicked on right when I woke up, and a draft moved the headphones to fall? Coincidence?

Thanks for reading.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th June 2019), Bill Ryan (29th June 2019), conk (2nd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Earthship (22nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (29th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Gracy (30th June 2019), Inaiá (30th June 2019), Intranuclear (29th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd July 2019), Mercedes (29th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Patient (29th June 2019), PurpleLama (30th June 2019), rgray222 (30th June 2019), Rich (29th June 2019), Sadieblue (30th June 2019), shaberon (30th June 2019), Star Tsar (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), toppy (29th June 2019), Valerie Villars (29th June 2019), waree (29th June 2019), wondering (29th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Moving physical objects during OOBE?

There are many threads and posts about OOBE and I am not as knowledgable as many other people here might be.

Considering the basic elements themselves - I think it is very possible for an OOBE to affect the material.

Energy affects matter.

This could also explain many paranormal events. Someone's OOBE could easily have enough energy to impact the physical level. Just simply the physical feeling of being watched could be being close to an OOBE person's event.

I had a major thrilling lucid dream once where I was flying. I had so much control of my flight that I will never forget it - so much fun.

It took place in what I perceived to be a large old barn type building. There were many other people there flying around just like myself. Perhaps in the physical world, that barn might be considered to be a very active paranormal spot.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (29th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kalamos (29th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th June 2019), toppy (29th June 2019), wondering (29th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Great when they happen.

One I had:

I was in my art studio/workshop when my brother in law come into the room.
    He came through the door across the room and as soon as he did, I pointed at a metal hubcap on the desk and motioned it towards him.
    In the dream it lifted up and flue at him at speed like a Frisbee, he saw what happened, turned and left the room.
    End of dream.
    Next day the dream still so fresh in my mind, I waited most of the day before trying to move a hub cap, no success, big disappointment
    It had seemed so real.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (29th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Patient (29th June 2019), wondering (29th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,971 times in 281 posts

I've had plenty of OBES but I have never tried to move an object. If you can confirm it, it should be very interesting. William Buhlman, in his book "Adventures Beyond The Body" mentioned that he wanted to do that for a long time, go out there and move an object physically. But every time he was out of body, the perception of consciousness was so widened and lighter that thinking about moving the pencil off his desk felt way too insignificant anymore. There are so many worlds and dimensions to explore beyond space and time, that thinking about stuff in physical reality is limiting.
    Last edited by ZenBaller; 23rd July 2019 at 08:15.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (29th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Michi (29th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Patient (29th June 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019), sunwings (30th June 2019), wondering (29th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by Kalamos (here)

I regularly have false awakening that end up with me becoming lucid in the dream. Generally I'll wake in the dream and try to turn a light on. When it doesn't turn on I realize I'm dreaming and then become lucid. I'll be in my bedroom but when i try to leave the room is when i usually wake up in my bed.

Well this particular experience was like most. I wake up in a dream in my room, try to turn my lamp on and it does not turn on. I then become lucid, feeling around the room to try and stabilize/ enhance the visual. Then I realize that im wearing my computer headphones which I use nightly to chat with friends before going to bed. So in the lucid dream I take headphones off and put them on a little stand that I have to hang then on. I then move to my door, open it, and then I wake up in my bed.

Now here's the odd part. Three seconds after waking up from a lucid dream in which I touched my headphones, my actual headphones fell from the stand and landed on my desk. This was all in th middle of the night.

So I wonder, was this some wild coincidence that my headphones moved both in the dream and in the physical? Or is possible that I was actually out of body and some part me (astral body? etheric body? ) was able to manipulate the headphones enough to where they fell?

I honestly didn't believe in OOBE's for some time now. I always thought my experiences were more of dreaming that I'm out of body, but not actually out of body. But this experience has left me second guessing that.

Anyone have similar experiences? What do you think is possible and what do you think happened here? Maybe the headphones were poised to fall and the A/C kicked on right when I woke up, and a draft moved the headphones to fall? Coincidence?

Thanks for reading.
    How long have you been having lucid dreams? Was there anything that triggered them that you are aware of? How regularly are you having them?

Why are you trying to stabilize/enhance the visual? How long have you been practicing this for? From the time you started having lucid dreams, until now, how much progress have you made in enhancing the clarity of the dream?

Do you always try to exit through the door when leaving your room, and are there any physical sensations that cause you to wake up?

Sorry to flip the thread on you and ask you the questions. I dunno about the headphones but thank you for reporting it as well as your lucid dream. Very interesting.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (29th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Mike (29th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

I have a vaguely similar story. I may have shared it here before, not sure.

This happened to my boyfriend, about a year and a half ago.

He was alone in the apartment, and asleep. Around 1 am, he wakes up, except he's already standing up, with his back towards the bed, facing the window. He doesn't think too much of it; he figured he sleep walked or something. So he turns around, to get back into bed, and nearly has a heart attack: there's someone in the bed, and I was away for the night, so it wasn't me.

After a couple of seconds of panic, he realizes that it's him
    in the bed. He's looking at himself.

At this point he's wondering if he's dead or something, but he checks himself and he's still breathing, and appears to be fine. So he just chalks it up, at this point, to a crazy lucid dream. Apparently this felt just as real as waking reality, except everything was kind of muted in color, like there was a silvery hued filter on reality. He decides to walk around the apartment and see if anything is out of place. He does this for about 20 minutes, during which point he's starting to figure out that it isn't a dream, since things were an exact carbon copy of the apartment irl. He gets to the living room, and everything is exactly as it should be, except for one thing: the couch is gone.

The weird part is, he somehow knew, innately, that the couch was actually still there; he just couldn't see it. Then something catches his eye: something small but distinct on the ground, underneath where the couch would be.

He goes to investigate, and there, on the floor, is a hairclip he had been looking for and couldn't find that day, much to his frustration. It's at this moment that he starts to freak out a little, and he says for some reason, he felt compelled to smack the couch, and sure enough, he feels it, real as anything, and the second he does so, the couch blinks back into existence. No longer invisible.

Suddenly, the thought that he might be stuck in this weird state occurs to him, and before he can truly panic, whoosh. He wakes up again. This time, in what appears to be "normal" reality. He said initially had sleep paralysis, but he waited it out, and the second he could move again, he turns on his light, and immediately gets up. He checks under the couch, and sure enough, right where he saw it in his "dream", the hair clip was there. He grabs it from under the couch, a little shaken up, and that's that.

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Earthship (22nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Inaiá (30th June 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd July 2019), Michi (3rd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Patient (30th June 2019), rgray222 (30th June 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    How long have you been having lucid dreams? Was there anything that triggered them that you are aware of? How regularly are you having them?

Why are you trying to stabilize/enhance the visual? How long have you been practicing this for? From the time you started having lucid dreams, until now, how much progress have you made in enhancing the clarity of the dream?

Do you always try to exit through the door when leaving your room, and are there any physical sensations that cause you to wake up?

Sorry to flip the thread on you and ask you the questions. I dunno about the headphones but thank you for reporting it as well as your lucid dream. Very interesting.
    Strat, great questions!

Quote Posted by Tam (here)
    I have a vaguely similar story. I may have shared it here before, not sure.

This happened to my boyfriend, about a year and a half ago...
    Very cool, Tam! This reminds me of an experience I had almost 40 years ago during a period where I was doing some rather intensive dreamwork. I had been reading the Carlos Castaneda books in which lucid dreaming is discussed fairly extensively (can’t remember which one[s] focused more on the subject). I was making an effort to initiate lucid dreams and having some success.

One of the shaman, Don Juan’s, instructions was to, once you become aware that you have become awake, lucid, aware that you are in a dream, try to focus on one point after another, around you. If the image is fading or dissipating, move your focus to another point, and so on. You will then become increasingly aware of your surroundings.

So anyway, one night I suddenly awakened standing next to my bed. I instantly knew that this was different than other lucid dreams. I was hyper-aware and everything was intensely vivid. I realized immediately that I shouldn’t turn around and look at my bed because seeing myself lying there might jolt me back into my body.

So instead, I looked straight ahead and there was my bedroom window. I thought “I’m going to fly out that window.” Instantly, as the thought occurred to me, I flew out the window! As I passed through the plane of the glass (a slight sticking sensation) I found myself entering through the window, into the third floor, of an old New England house along the seashore.

It was early morning, first light, before dawn (which was correct in our “consensus reality” as I had been sleeping in L.A. at maybe 3 am or so). I could smell the fresh salt air mixed with the scent of the old wood floor and a slightly musty attic sort of scent. The birds were beginning to sing outside the empty room I was in. I journeyed through the upper two floors of the house, all the while ecstatic because I knew I had left my body, and intensely aware of EVERY aspect of my surroundings.

Suddenly, I met another being, someone I knew. After an interesting but brief discussion with her, I felt myself sucked back, “snapped” into my body. I opened my eyes. I was lying on my back and my beloved dog, a black lab, was standing on the floor right next to me, staring at me and very excitedly wiggling back and forth, wagging her tail!

Oh, I should add, I never felt the desire to move anything physical..

Last edited by Forest Denizen; 2nd July 2019 at 00:36. Reason: Because I can be an idiot sometimes 😊
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)

Thanks for reading.

My first lucid dream was when I was about twenty. I dreamt I was in Cancun Mexico as I was planning a trip there at the time. In the dream I suddenly realized I was dreaming. It was exhilarating to say the least. I flew out a window and over some water then I woke up. It didn't last long but the experienc struck me so much that I started wondering about lucid dreaming (had never heard of it before then) and the paranormal in general. It was soon after this that had a spiritual awakening and really started in with esotericisms.

In my twenties I read a couple of books on lucid dreaming but never had much luck inducing them, just a few spontaneous, middle of the night "hey I'm dreaming!" lucid dreams that didn't last long. I learnt to feel around and try get good focus on objects in the dream back then too, and it helped with the few lucid dreams I had, but it wasn't until I tried The Phase method in my thirties where I had success inducing lucid dreams.

So I guess I've been having lucid dreams since my early twenties. Nothing in particular triggers them, they're mostly spontaneous in the middle of the night. I think I had one when I was napping once. I typically feel around to get grounded and like I said, enhance and stabilize the visual.

Going back to The Phase, in my thirties I had about three successful induced lucid dreams, or OBE's maybe. If I recall, the method is to mentally practice some 'moves' like lifting your leg up and down, or rolling your body round and round. Then you set your alarm for four hours into your regular sleep, to wake yourself in the middle of the night. You get up, maybe have a little water, walk around a bit, no more then a few minutes, then lay back to sleep with strong intentions that the next time you wake you will have a lucid dream. And the when I would do this, wake up, I would lay still, eyes closed, and start cycling those ghost moves until I could feel my body separating. These times I would roll out of my body, onto the floor of my room, and begin with the feeling around.

With The Phase i had about three very good, long lasting OBE type lucid dreams. I say OBE type cause I think rolling out of body in to your room or current surrounding is different then waking in a dream that's a random environment, as in not in your room.

I had one that lasted about twenty minutes where I passed through my door, and passed through a wall out into my neighborhood. I can't say that my room and neighborhood was exactly as it is, but it was very close.

Is only been in the last year that I've had almost a dozen of these quick type OBE type lucid dreams, like I described in the OP. It's false awakening that turn lucid, but don't last long, and im trapped in my room I guess cause I haven't left, for one, and I find it annoying in a way, so I usually and with a bit of struggle, force myself awake.

I've never had buzzing or strong vibrations at the start of my experiences.

Thanks for the reply. I hope I answered your questions. Ask more if you want!

Thanks for all the replies so far. Fascinating stuff.

I should add that these past two to three years I have renounced spirituality and had become skeptic. It's the reason I haven't tried to capitalize on these recent lucid dreams. But the headphone incident really has got me thinking about things. I might revisit The Phase method.

It used to be a free ebook, maybe it still is.

https://obe4u.com/

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (3rd July 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

I suppose it could be some type of psychokinesis, the ability to move objects through mind power. Then again it could be just a coincidence but a very strange one. My money is on mind power.
    It is a good idea to read about the difference between lucid dreaming and out of body experiences (OBE). Many people will tell you that they are the same thing but I don't believe that for a second. They are very different experiences for me. I also think these experiences are different for different people, there are many similarities but they are also personalized to each person/soul.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Franny (30th June 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My first lucid dream was when I was about twenty. I dreamt I was in Cancun Mexico as I was planning a trip there at the time. In the dream I suddenly realized I was dreaming. It was exhilarating to say the least. I flew out a window and over some water then I woke up.
    Why did you begin to fly?

I typically feel around to get grounded and like I said, enhance and stabilize the visual.
    Can you describe this process a bit more? So you realize you're lucid, then in your mind you decide to enhance and stabilize. What's the point? I know I'm 'poking' you a bit but this is interesting. Please articulate every little detail in this process.

Why are you trying to enhance the lucidity? Why not just start flying around?

I say OBE type cause I think rolling out of body in to your room or current surrounding is different then waking in a dream that's a random environment, as in not in your room.
    No comment other than 'very cool.'

I had one that lasted about twenty minutes where I passed through my door, and passed through a wall out into my neighborhood. I can't say that my room and neighborhood was exactly as it is, but it was very close.
    Wow. All I can say is wow. 99% of humans will never experience this. Regarding your experience of your neighborhood, haha, yeah, I tongue in cheek refer to this as moonside. It's in reference to a game I played as a kid.

I usually and with a bit of struggle, force myself awake.
    Why? Maybe just chill and make it more clear. Look at the creases in your hand, the fabric of the carpet, etc. Just stop, wait, chill. Sit back down on your bed and see how long you can hang out in your lucidity before you phase back out. Why not?

I should add that these past two to three years I have renounced spirituality and had become skeptic. It's the reason I haven't tried to capitalize on these recent lucid dreams.
    Thank God. Please continue to call bs. I'm not sure what you mean by 'capitalize' on lucid dreams but I pray you keep your wits about you. Maybe they are all bs, maybe not. I'm not being a smartass I'm being serious. One thing you can do is repeat the experiment considering you must sleep every night. Dive deep into the lucid dreams. Explore the deep waters my friend. When 'dreams' become as real as reality it's an odd position to be in. I'd love to hear more about your experiences.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (1st July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

I had a strange experience about 10 years ago where I dreamt some people were teaching me to 'manifest' a physical object in my hand. Unfortunately I don't recall a word of the instructions but part of the action I was to take was to close my hand, move it down and say the word penny to produce a penny in my hand. I had done it in the dream and remember thinking that, as a penny wasn't worth much it would not so stressful to start with. But the instructions on how to do it were forgotten completely.

Right after the dream I woke up and went into the kitchen to make a coffee. As I was sitting and slowly waking up, I spontaneously, without thinking, did the above action and found a penny in my hand. Could not have been more surprised. It was a 1972 penny that I kept on my computer for a few years and it finally disappeared, probably onto the floor. Always wondered where it came from.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th June 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi Strat!

Quote Why did you begin to fly?
    Good question! I only ever flew in the first lucid dream I had. I haven't thought to try and fly in most other lucid dreams, I'm not sure why. I'm almost always preoccupied with enhancing things, because in most cases my vision is blurry or faded.

Quote Can you describe this process a bit more? So you realize you're lucid, then in your mind you decide to enhance and stabilize. What's the point? I know I'm 'poking' you a bit but this is interesting. Please articulate every little detail in this process.

Why are you trying to enhance the lucidity? Why not just start flying around?
    I don't always have a clear head in these recent lucid dreams. I mean I'm know I'm dreaming but I guess I can't 'think' as fast as I do while awake. But what I typically have done, is when I realize I'm dreaming I'll focus on a spot and move my hands there, trying to focus on both my hands and the spot, searching for any object I can try and grasp. Feeling around tends to ground me I guess. It does't always work (I'll just feel around and things stay blurry), and I don't always think to do this. Sometimes I just immediately move to the door and try and leave the room (and then I wake up). I had more luck with getting grounded when I induced the lucid dreams with the method I mentioned.

That lucid dream I had that lasted about twenty minutes was pretty cool. And now that I think about it, I tried to fly but couldn't. It's coming back to me. I remember that once I was outside of my house I was looking up to see if I could see stars and I could. That's when I jumped up trying to fly, but I just came back down. I then went and walked through a wall into a next door neighbors house. I remember I felt like I was being sneaky, which I was in a sense. I was trying to be quiet because I could sense someone in the other room, sitting and watching TV. I didn't bother trying to interact with them, not sure why. I then went down the neighborhood to some apartments and walked around, again looking at the sky in wonder. A couple of cars drove by and I remember wanting to go further to visit a friend in another state even, but I woke up instead. It was night, in the middle of the night in the physical too.

In regards to waking myself up, it just seems to be my immediate reaction in those lucid dreams lately. The false awakenings can be annoying. Most of the time they are so quick that I don't have time to do anything. Then I'll have recurring false awakenings. I'll think I'm actually awake for a short time until none of the lights work. Then i'm like, 'okay I'm dreaming' but I'll go back under -- to sleep that is. Then it happens again, and again sometimes before l get frustrated and just want to wake up. So I'll have two to three false awakening before I become lucid in most cases.

If I weren't as much of a skeptic as I am now, I would probably think more about my lucid dreams, and try to induce them. The ones this last year are just so quick because most of the time I just want to wake up. I've thought of them as 'dreaming that I'm lucid', and that there's nothing to it but the mind. No astral body this and that.

This headphones incident was about two weeks ago now and I don't recall having a lucid dream since that one. But I will start thinking about it more, maybe read another book on lucid dreaming. That alone can be a catalyst. Thinking and reading about it. And yea I need to just chill when I become lucid, and maybe look into a mirror, which I've done a couple of times where I saw my reflexion. I've only every seen my body laying in bed once.

Aside from that twenty minute long dream, most of them have been quick and local to my room and house, except I can't seem to leave the room lately.

I'm thinking I might just hang my headphones to where they are poised to fall from a little nudge and see if this happens again, lol. That would blow my mind.

Thanks for the questions and reply.
    Last edited by Kalamos; 2nd July 2019 at 04:20.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Franny (1st July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Patient (2nd July 2019), Rich (30th June 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,513 times in 4,009 posts

I believe you may have swiped the headphones by an astral hand.

You don't remember "walking back into my normal body". You just woke up, and the double could have still been active. Those kind of powers can be used while normally awake.

For the most part, I would side with the idea that making a physical interface from a dream is the least desirable thing to do. For instance, in my experience, the ability of flight developed over a period of time and became related to people and places that are not exactly of this world. I don't do it any more, but during a few years I focused on dream work, it happened that way.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Franny (1st July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

@Kalamos Sounds more like you were really OOB rather than lucid, because you were walking around in your house/neighborhood.

I have a question to everyone who has some experience with OOB as well.
    Two nights ago I had a "dream" in which I was clearly thinking that "I am OOB now",
    I flew around and had some fun. Most of my memory of it is pretty blurry.

When I woke up I thought maybe it was just a dream... why did I have the thought of being in the astral realm while I was "dreaming"?

Do you think that I was indeed in the astral or or did my mind simply produce a dream of it because I've been reading about these things?
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (1st July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Me again.

Think on this in relation to OBE and the moving of matter.

The most startling and mind opening OBE type experience of my 60 life so far is:
    It happened while driving along road which had left and right curves (so not a straight line) at 40 mph.
    Roughly 1/4 the way along the road I suddenly found myself looking down on planet earth, she looked wonder full and healthy from up there.
    I was in space high enough to to the whole globe, which I studied in wonder.
    When I came back the my car I was at the end of the road doing a full right turn, haply going on my way.

I had been out of body, in higher state/self while my little old coarse matter body was doing it's driving chores.

So big part of the puzzle is that we are of many bodies which can all be doing their own thing.

Not quite me moving matter while in an OBE but related yes
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Franny (1st July 2019), Kalamos (30th June 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rich (2nd July 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My 2 cents would be to drop the OBE issue all together. Or maybe pursue it in the waking world. Don't try and prove anything in the dreams, just approach them with a curious, scientific mindset.

I would start with clarifying the dreams. When you become lucid just stop. Literally stop in your tracks and do what you can to clarify the dream. I have a few random tricks but do what works for you. Odd you have trouble flying, most folks give into flying around or taking advantage of 'dream powers' to do what they wish but I think this isn't good because it slowly takes your mind back into that 'dreamy' state and cuts off lucidity. Which is my next point - try and keep a clear head and resist fading back into the dream state. See how long you can remain lucid.

From there try different experiments.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Kalamos (1st July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (3rd July 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Hi everyone

Just thought I would pop in here with a few threads that I thought might be useful to check out. Happy reading

The higher self and transcendent experiences including OBE's

The Out of Body Experience - A place where science and spirituality meet

The secret of the soul and OBE
    Last edited by Constance; 2nd July 2019 at 07:04.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), conk (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), gini (3rd July 2019), Kalamos (2nd July 2019), meeradas (2nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rich (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (3rd July 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Hi everyone

Just thought I would pop in here with a few threads that I thought might be useful to check out. Happy reading

The higher self and transcendent experiences including OBE's

The Out of Body Experience - A place where science and spirituality meet

The secret of the soul and OBE
    Thanks Constance! I might bring up of the subject of False Awakening Loops in one of those threads and how they relate to lucid dreaming.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), conk (2nd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (3rd July 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I had a dream last week and in the dream I became aware that i was dreaming. However, it gets stranger than that.

The dream itself was something seemingly pretty simple. I was at a local restaurant and they had built a new wooden structure at the front of the restaurant. In the dream I think i asked what the structure was for. Then I became aware that I was dreaming. And I woke up.

However, in real life, I was passing the restaurant last Friday, and I popped in to say hi to the owner. I mentioned the dream to him, and that he'd built a wooden structure at the front of the restaurant. It turned out that he had just decided to build a wooden structure at the front of the restaurant, to be part high table/ part storage area. Somehow I tapped in to the morphic field, or something, it was a strange and unique experience for me. Both myself and the owner of the restaurant were slightly freeked out by it.

Anyways, that's it. Just thought I'd share because it's slighyly on topic.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (3rd July 2019), Forest Denizen (3rd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Kalamos (3rd July 2019), Rich (3rd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (23rd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (3rd July 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

a very experient man that teach me lot of things about projections, has suggested to put some talcum powder on a cabinet or shelf, and during conscious projection, go to this place and spread some of the powder with your astral fingers, and after waking up, you can go the place to see if you left the marks of your astral fingers movement.

this kind of experience can introduce us the sense that it is possible to move physical objects with the astral body during a projetion, which can be repeated several times, until you are convinced that its a real fenomenom, and also, try to use other physical objects until you can master the technique, that include some materials (or substances) that you probably never will be able to move them, because requires lot of energetic (out-of-body) experiences

the use of talc at the beginning of this experiment aims to use something very light and easy to be moved, before to try others materials or objects, because here the thing its not only about the material or objects, but the Energy used, how much how like, where, when, etc .. its a multi-dimensional aproach, thats sound like Magic, but its a real fenomenom which works through processes that can be observed and knowed.

other suggestion, maybe can ask a friend to write something in a piece of paper, fold it in a tightly closed envelope, and lately try to reproduce the words before opening the envelope .. there are a wide range of experiences in this area that awakening people can do ..

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Forest Denizen (23rd July 2019), Kalamos (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast