+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Voices from the Cosmos

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Voices from the Cosmos

I'm still fascinated by this book and it's message. Still also confused as to why it's not widely argued here and elsewhere (Dolan's new Members forum). I still have concerns though about who the Remote Viewer was actually communicating with.
    So... I took the bull by the horns and contacted the Researcher - Dr. Angela T. Smith with my concerns.

She very graciously allowed me to post the correspondance.

My Question:

Good Day Dr. Smith,
    I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed your book 'Voices in the Cosmos'. It's a very impressive and compelling work! As I completed the book, I found myself with one troubling caveat... Do you have any way of verifying that the entities who responded to your queries were who they purported to be? For example could it have been one entity with a wicked intent or sense of humour? Could it have been another RV practioner (perhaps from a 'foreign' power)? Could it have been Gov't technology 'jamming' you?
    All these things are possible in my mind, I wonder if you had any of the same doubts?
    In any case I wanted to thank you for a valuable, and quite possibly paradigm shattering work!!
    Best Regards,
    David Kotchie

Her response:

Hello David, thank you for your thoughtful email. And thank you for your kind words about Voices from the Cosmos.

I quite understand your concern and skepticism regarding the ET Interviews. This series was a commissioned work from a business client and even he, at one point, asked if I thought that the responses might be coming from “someone in a basement in San Francisco”?

All of your comments COULD be possible: an entity with a wicked intent or sense of humor? Could it have been another RV practitioner (perhaps from a 'foreign' power)? Could it have been Gov't technology 'jamming' you?” However, the following observations allow for some validity of the ET responses.

First, this project was not initiated by me but by a long-term business client who was prepared to take the critique and skepticism that the work would entail. I also went into the project with a great deal of personal caution and skepticism, not wanting to waste the client’s time and money but doing the project as scientifically as possible. In fact, undertaking the project also put me at risk for professional criticism.

Having a Ph.D. in Psychology and training in critical thinking, I wanted to carry out the project as “cleanly” as possible and stuck to the script that we had established: the indigenous-races questionnaires, plus questions specifically from the client.

I was quite surprised that we got anything at all, and in the early interviews, I had to ask clarifying questions because I didn’t fully understand the answers that were coming in. I am not a psychic (in the commercial sense) or a medium, so I was employing all my faculties as I did the interviews. I was in a quiet state of consciousness in front of my computer using a remote/viewing/telepathic protocol to access the information.

Could this have been an entity with a wicked sense of humor? I have trained in shamanic practice with an established school, aside from my remote viewing training, and keep my consciousness separate from any extraneous influence that might intrude. Also, each of the interviewed ETs showed a distinct “personality” and mode of answering that convinced me that each was a separate group.

Could it have been an RV practitioner, perhaps from another group or even a foreign power? Unlikely, as I did not broadcast the fact that I was doing this work until years later. Also, I never broadcast the days and times that I was doing the sessions (although remote viewing can bypass time and space, as we know from the PEAR Precognitive Remote Viewing research). As a seasoned remote viewer, I have become aware of rare intrusions and I would have become aware if this was the case.

Could it have been government technology “jamming” the sessions? There is that possibility but I do not know of any known technology from that time that was capable of “jamming” remote viewing. In fact, apart from personal limitations of the viewer, i.e. tiredness, sickness, personal inclemency, or psychological factors that can block data, a remote viewer who has a natural ability, and has been trained and practiced over many years can overcome these limitations. I am aware of Russian Psychotronic methods and technology and actually visited Moscow and took some of the technology (with the Russian’s approval) back to the PEAR Lab. The Lab quietly tried this technology during paranormal tests and did not find any effect.

It also has to be remembered that we were interviewing “alien” entities whose thinking, ethics, morals, reasoning, social organization, etc. etc. are very different from ours. Also, the interviews were done using a telepathic process. So, the data that was coming in had to pass through some sort of “translation” to enable it to be recorded. In remote viewing, it is assumed that the reception of non-local communication is “received” by the non-logical hemisphere of the brain and “processed” by the logical or verbal hemisphere. In doing so it has to pass through the filtering system of the Corpus Callosum that connects the hemispheres. So, you can imagine that in this “translation” there are often misunderstandings, mis-interpretations, etc. from the “alien” thought process to human understanding.

Another argument regarding being influenced from outside is that, while I was doing the ET Interviews, I was also employed by the client and others on unrelated projects and was successful to my usual standard (averaging 78% correct information). If there had been a generalized outside influence, there would have been an effect on those sessions, too. Most of my session work is documented in my book Seer: 30 Years of Remote Viewing. Another book Technical Remote Viewing documents many of the business and personal projects that I carried out for this business client.

At the end of the first year when we had other ET groups lined up to interview, the client came under personal scrutiny from some unidentified group that subjected him to harassment: photographing and videoing him and his wife in public, parking in his cul-de-sac and screeching off when he left the house to get the mail etc., tailing him on foot and by car, tampering with his mail etc. He had never experienced this before and became quite concerned and eventually halted the ET Interview Project.

The files sat in my computer for around seven years during which time the client sold his business, retired and moved abroad, and sadly passed away a few years ago. He and I had always talked about writing a book together and I decided to put the ET Interviews together into a document. Sometime in 2012/13 a colleague, C.B. Scott Jones (who I have known from PEAR days) contacted me and it seemed a good opportunity for us to get the interviews out to the public. Voices from the Cosmos has sold slowly but steadily since 2014 but has certainly not made me rich or famous! So, apart from the modest fees that I received from the business client, the work was not done for monetary reasons or personal recognition.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Kind regards, Angela Smith

PS I have attached a free, shareable Excel file of the ET Traits that a colleague collated for me. It is a large database so you will need to scroll across and down to see all the entries.

Angela Thompson Smith, Ph.D.

I found her response to be quite comprehensive, candid and thoughtful. While she admits that these things couldn't be ruled out, she feels there were enough mitigating factors to minimize the possibilities of 'interference'.
    Increases her credibility to my mind, as does her comment as to the risk to her academic & professional credentials involved by undertaking this type of work. I have Excel spreadsheet she prepared to summarise all of the discussions if anyone is interested. It may be distributed freely.

Makes you go 'Huh!!'

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kotch For This Post:

Ken (14th September 2019), mountain_jim (27th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Guide: Here to help

Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 times in 263 posts

Default Re: Voices from the Cosmos

Quote Posted by Kotch (here)
    I'm still fascinated by this book and it's message. Still also confused as to why it's not widely argued here and elsewhere (Dolan's new Members forum). I still have concerns though about who the Remote Viewer was actually communicating with.
    So... I took the bull by the horns and contacted the Researcher - Dr. Angela T. Smith with my concerns.

She very graciously allowed me to post the correspondance.

My Question:

Good Day Dr. Smith,
    I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed your book 'Voices in the Cosmos'. It's a very impressive and compelling work! As I completed the book, I found myself with one troubling caveat... Do you have any way of verifying that the entities who responded to your queries were who they purported to be? For example could it have been one entity with a wicked intent or sense of humour? Could it have been another RV practioner (perhaps from a 'foreign' power)? Could it have been Gov't technology 'jamming' you?
    All these things are possible in my mind, I wonder if you had any of the same doubts?
    In any case I wanted to thank you for a valuable, and quite possibly paradigm shattering work!!
    Best Regards,
    David Kotchie

Her response:

[I]Hello David, thank you for your thoughtful email. And thank you for your kind words about Voices from the Cosmos.

I quite understand your concern and skepticism regarding the ET Interviews. This series was a commissioned work from a business client and even he, at one point, asked if I thought that the responses might be coming from “someone in a basement in San Francisco”?

All of your comments COULD be possible: an entity with a wicked intent or sense of humor? Could it have been another RV practitioner (perhaps from a 'foreign' power)? Could it have been Gov't technology 'jamming' you?” However, the following observations allow for some validity of the ET responses.

First, this project was not initiated by me but by a long-term business client who was prepared to take the critique and skepticism that the work would entail. I also went into the project with a great deal of personal caution and skepticism, not wanting to waste the client’s time and money but doing the project as scientifically as possible. In fact, undertaking the project also put me at risk for professional criticism.

Having a Ph.D. in Psychology and training in critical thinking, I wanted to carry out the project as “cleanly” as possible and stuck to the script that we had established: the indigenous-races questionnaires, plus questions specifically from the client.

I was quite surprised that we got anything at all, and in the early interviews, I had to ask clarifying questions because I didn’t fully understand the answers that were coming in. I am not a psychic (in the commercial sense) or a medium, so I was employing all my faculties as I did the interviews. I was in a quiet state of consciousness in front of my computer using a remote/viewing/telepathic protocol to access the information.

Could this have been an entity with a wicked sense of humor? I have trained in shamanic practice with an established school, aside from my remote viewing training, and keep my consciousness separate from any extraneous influence that might intrude. Also, each of the interviewed ETs showed a distinct “personality” and mode of answering that convinced me that each was a separate group.

Could it have been an RV practitioner, perhaps from another group or even a foreign power? Unlikely, as I did not broadcast the fact that I was doing this work until years later. Also, I never broadcast the days and times that I was doing the sessions (although remote viewing can bypass time and space, as we know from the PEAR Precognitive Remote Viewing research). As a seasoned remote viewer, I have become aware of rare intrusions and I would have become aware if this was the case.

Could it have been government technology “jamming” the sessions? There is that possibility but I do not know of any known technology from that time that was capable of “jamming” remote viewing. In fact, apart from personal limitations of the viewer, i.e. tiredness, sickness, personal inclemency, or psychological factors that can block data, a remote viewer who has a natural ability, and has been trained and practiced over many years can overcome these limitations. I am aware of Russian Psychotronic methods and technology and actually visited Moscow and took some of the technology (with the Russian’s approval) back to the PEAR Lab. The Lab quietly tried this technology during paranormal tests and did not find any effect.

It also has to be remembered that we were interviewing “alien” entities whose thinking, ethics, morals, reasoning, social organization, etc. etc. are very different from ours. Also, the interviews were done using a telepathic process. So, the data that was coming in had to pass through some sort of “translation” to enable it to be recorded. In remote viewing, it is assumed that the reception of non-local communication is “received” by the non-logical hemisphere of the brain and “processed” by the logical or verbal hemisphere. In doing so it has to pass through the filtering system of the Corpus Callosum that connects the hemispheres. So, you can imagine that in this “translation” there are often misunderstandings, mis-interpretations, etc. from the “alien” thought process to human understanding.

Another argument regarding being influenced from outside is that, while I was doing the ET Interviews, I was also employed by the client and others on unrelated projects and was successful to my usual standard (averaging 78% correct information). If there had been a generalized outside influence, there would have been an effect on those sessions, too. Most of my session work is documented in my book Seer: 30 Years of Remote Viewing. Another book Technical Remote Viewing documents many of the business and personal projects that I carried out for this business client.

At the end of the first year when we had other ET groups lined up to interview, the client came under personal scrutiny from some unidentified group that subjected him to harassment: photographing and videoing him and his wife in public, parking in his cul-de-sac and screeching off when he left the house to get the mail etc., tailing him on foot and by car, tampering with his mail etc. He had never experienced this before and became quite concerned and eventually halted the ET Interview Project.

The files sat in my computer for around seven years during which time the client sold his business, retired and moved abroad, and sadly passed away a few years ago. He and I had always talked about writing a book together and I decided to put the ET Interviews together into a document. Sometime in 2012/13 a colleague, C.B. Scott Jones (who I have known from PEAR days) contacted me and it seemed a good opportunity for us to get the interviews out to the public. Voices from the Cosmos has sold slowly but steadily since 2014 but has certainly not made me rich or famous! So, apart from the modest fees that I received from the business client, the work was not done for monetary reasons or personal recognition.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Kind regards, Angela Smith

Angela Thompson Smith, Ph.D.

I found her response to be quite comprehensive, candid and thoughtful. While she admits that these things couldn't be ruled out, she feels there were enough mitigating factors to minimize the possibilities of 'interference'.
    Increases her credibility to my mind, as does her comment as to the risk to her academic & professional credentials involved by undertaking this type of work.
    I agree. Her response was both generous and amazing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2