+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Independent Nurse Practitioner's straight scoop on medicines

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Re: Independent Nurse Practitioner's straight scoop on medicines

little explanation I think.

Change of pic to a Cindy Sherman this week - who is pretty much fantastic and the best photographer /artist ever -- . Originality, talent and creative genius. Not a bad trifecta. I have just realised that she has an exhibition in UK (1) --- see no. 4 on the list.
    That will help my mental health. There is a wonderful moment -- and I know that you guys who have been kind enough to read my little musings will know this --- when you see, feel, hear, or learn something, which transcends the 'stuff'. Then you find yourself saying ''I cant complain''.

That someone can take this life with all its faults/challenges - and like Cindy. make it strangely beautiful without compromising or blinking, is a gift we should not take lightly or miss.

Her art is exactly the opposite of my Imperial war museum post while being exactly the same containing the same emotions . She does it so much better tho.

Its taken me a week to process it. I have.
    Hope I haven't infringed her copyright --- sorry if I have.

1 https://www.anothermag.com/art-photo...tanley-kubrick

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (2nd August 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Default Re: Independent Nurse Practitioner's straight scoop on medicines and other things

Ever had a day when something is haunting you? --- a song, a line, a look ,a moment...Here’s mine. It comes from a song circa 1989 by Deacon Blue. I am not a fan or ever was, but sometimes it doesn't matter….it started when I was driving to work. It was as if someone pressed random replay in my head….

Song was - ‘Fergus sings the blues’ --- Rick Ross wrote those lines - I guess they were personal to him - but once you commit something to the public domain it is theirs to do with as they will….
    OK Ricky. You asked for it son...here is what an average piece of art can do when an average anti-intellectual subjects it to scrutiny.

My life. His words.
    The invasion begins ------

Fergus sings the blues --- in bars of twelve or less….

... a moment where I am doing or saying something which I know won't be appreciated by a multitude - if it is honest...it doesn't matter - as long as you say it like it is - so just do it …

’Blues’’ is a wonderful attitude descriptor. Abused. Or more accurately appropriated and manipulated to castrate its literal potency as an alternative emotion ....not just a music genre -- it is an indefinable thing which may or may not be sad - it may be bitter-sweet - it may be very dark or very light - It is the ability to see sunshine through a maelstrom of acidic faecal hail and know it will never be different but not blink - you withstand because ……? - it is strength in adversity without recourse to being nannied by a state or system -and therefore is dangerous to those who sell us their indispensability as our guardians - So they dilute and promote the corruption of it's true meaning - re pack it as as depression and milk its power for gain.

in open faith ‘blues’ must be an existential truth about you, what you truly feel and your comment on the human condition.
    and...
    …it must be brutally real and yet esoteric. Like an out of body experience at a hard core sex orgy.

I’m a stranger to this land / to this wilderness…

Being a stranger in strange places is the hook that destroys the fragile soul. Mental illness and the business of it is based upon that hook being sharp. Isolating an individual from human compassion and their own view of self worth is the main stressor and chief weapon -- it is the salesman for Pfizer and the love of their stockholders lives.. It says ‘’you need to be loved - or else’’...or else what? ….So you are taught to fear the fall and landing. We all fall and land and fearing it wont stop it happening...

All things are possible /…

Yes but …….
    The esoteric mysteries say that we create our own reality. I would hope we do. I believe that given a chance we can. Possibility is only that. I’m possible is only a missing apostrophe away from…?

It is ok for someone to say ‘I create my reality’ but there are matters which cannot be ignored - faith is never enough - any faith is as bad as indifference if it is blind - it is the same as indifference to those without space to sparkle. We are overwhelmed by human souls so destroyed by want, by hatred - ask them to ‘connect’ their way out of the mess we made - ?... insulting …and yet all things are possible --- we are here, we are here ---- so maybe it can be better. It needs more than direction of travel tho’ -it needs revelation at an intimately personal level. Unique to each of us. All things are possible.
    We ‘go mad’ when we see true reality - that is often the only reality of our paradoxical lives.

it happens less and less….

Bang - juxtaposition central ‘choo choo.’If you really look there are little messages everywhere…..

An example---it made me (and the ghost of Sartre- I hope) smile

This morning my little g...gr…..gran…. (sod it - can't say the word) my sons son, aged 3 was trying to ‘escape’. 7.45 a.m. -- naked, without his nappy (diaper) found him trying to open the front gate because he had seen some interesting sheep outside. Me - (his name) ‘’stop right there ’’ Him - removing his dummy (pacifier) from his mouth ‘’why?’ Me ‘’because you can't go out like that you look silly’’ Him - after a moment's self regard ‘’ is it because i only have one welly (rubber boot) on gr**d*d?’’ …….
    So which of us had studied existentialism?. A pure soul sees only truth - the rest of us try to be that child again forever and we fail - we had it ripped from us by this thing we have allowed to happen.
    To end up beaten down at least is to have tried …. I said to a patient recently, as a comment upon their desperately hard last twenty years, how much I admired their strength-- they were truly shocked ...

’For many have but one resource to sustain them in their misery, and that is to think, “Circumstances have been against me, I was worthy to be something much better than I have been. I admit I have never had a great love or a great friendship; but that is because I never met a man or a woman who were worthy of it; if I have not written any very good books, it is because I had not the leisure to do so; or, if I have had no children to whom I could devote myself it is because I did not find the man I could have lived with. So there remains within me a wide range of abilities, inclinations and potentialities, unused but perfectly viable, which endow me with a worthiness that could never be inferred from the mere history of my actions.” But in reality and for the existentialist, there is no love apart from the deeds of love; no potentiality of love other than that which is manifested in loving; there is no genius other than that which is expressed in works of art.” 1

I feel I should place literature’s most inappropriate smiley face here now. Just because I can.
    I also can say I will never be x - where x equals those I admire. I say this with less envy and wistful -ness but admit it is work ongoing) No I will not - I will be something else.

‘’One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, compassion. It is far better to live a fairly committed, fairly justified life so that one may go on in the same path even when all illusions have vanished. 2

Sigh - even his missus was pretty sharp. I bet he couldn't pull the existential polyester over her eyes. Good faith.

Back to Scottish pop /rock

Jump a line or two don't want to bore anyone more than I have to...

I'm lost In music /Sweet Soul music

I always see ‘soul music’ as being a catch all for anything -- poetry, art, prose something that you feel inside. It changes too - what moves you once might not again.. We have a capacity to change and I guess we should monitor ourselves to ensure the change isn't a result of us being changed subtly for the worse by ‘it’. How you do this idk. The tail should never wag the dog -- easier said...

That's enough of my bs anyway. Here's the song in case anyone hasn't heard it. Warning it isn't actually that good --maybe a Scottish thing...?

Love x

1 Jean-Paul Sartre, Existentialism is a Humanism 1946

2 Simone de Beauvoir (1972) from Severe Personality Disorders Kernberg O (Yale) 1984.
    Last edited by diteras; 1st August 2019 at 07:28.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Cara (2nd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (2nd August 2019), what is a name? (2nd August 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Dear Autumn W: If you cannot sleep at night, you need Calcium/Magnesium (www.drnewtons.com or 1-866-906-9844) Cal/Max. Add this to your daily vitamins.
    Now if you have high blood pressure. Here is what that is all about. According to genius Pete Peterson, now deceased, the government adds chlorine and florides(? sp.) to water which causes cholesterol to make the blood vessels stiff an restricts the pathway for blood to flow. This causes the heart to pump harder to get the job done and equals high blood pressure. Now the Prozac you are taking is deadly because it contains a fluoride compound which will make your blood pressure worse, harden your blood vessels and you can die of a stroke or heart attack. Stop the Prozac (meant to kill), take the Cal/Max along with other nutrients to help you to sleep, remove all cooking oils but olive oil (and that in miniscule amounts) from your diet and do your own cooking. Add ground Flax Seed to everything you cook/eat. It softens and lubricates all body tissues and is a wonderful, natural laxative and is wonderfully cheap. Get yourself a $60 automatic blood pressure reader and take your own pressure. It comes with a chart you fill in and follow your progress. When you go to the doctor, they make the thing so tight around your arm it seems they are going for amputation. This excessive pressure gives you a false, high reading. They tried that gambit on me and I did all of the above. I grease my fry pan for scrambled eggs with a light pass of a stick of butter. I eat fish and chicken and have not touched other meat in years. I am now 80 and take nothing more than vitamins. Take Yeast Flakes for complete B Vitamins plus one thousand or more Vitamin C crystals with other vitamins and minerals and enzymes. Vitamins do not work without minerals and neither work without enzymes. Pineapple is a nice enzyme container. Before and after menopause take BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES NOT HORSE HORMONES (TOO STRONG) OR PROGESTIN (NOT USED BY THE BODY TO OPPOSE ESTROGENS THEREBY CAUSING CANCER). USE NATURAL PROGESTERONE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WOMB, AS IT DOES OVER 300 JOBS IN THE BODY. GOOD LUCK.

I lived for 30 years in a house which had LEAD PIPES. I have read that this lead will also lead to hardening of the arteries. If you suspect this, you can be tested for lead in your body and it can be removed by chelation.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), diteras (3rd August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (4th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

For those people fighting cancer or merely fearing it, along with Nutritional Yeast Flakes take extra LYSINE. Also, send to Canada for the Indian Herb Mixture which Rene Caisse used to make a TEA which kills even the most terrible types of cancer. It is called ESSIAC. You can Google it for all the information.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), diteras (3rd August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (4th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last but not least, flouride takes the place of calcium (which moves around the body as needed) to and from the bones, brain, heart, etc. However, flouride does not move around. Therefore, it will settle in bones and teeth making them brittle ready for broken hips. Worse, the calcium will settle in your heart and tissues as it has no where to go now that flouride has displaced it. This causes hardening of the heart valves and d e a t h.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Thank you diteras for your latest posts. I particularly enjoyed reading the story of your single-booted but otherwise naked grandson escaping to go see the sheep. None are so wise as the young.

You might enjoy reading the work of Arpad Szakolczai, a sociologist at the University of Cork. Here’s his academia.edu page:
    https://ucc-ie.academia.edu/ASzakolczai

Here are two short quotes from an email interview (https://www.academia.edu/38406317/An...nity_interview) recently conducted with him and his co-author, Bjørn Thomassen, of their recent book (From Anthropology to Social Theory:
    Rethinking the Social Sciences
    )

Quote We follow the tradition of those great thinkers, from Tocqueville and Max Weber through the ‘reflexive historical sociologists’ or ‘political anthropologists’ who had the courage to genuinely think modernity. Central for this is the idea that the great ‘values’ of modernity do not bring unquestionable benefits to each and everyone, but are rather idols and sacred cows which—especially together—are simply set to destroy the planet, our home. The central idols are indeed the economy and technology, but also mass democracy and the public sphere. Our position is not ideological and nihilistic, dismissing every single aspect of technology, or being hostile ‘in principle’ to democracy, but holds that something is fatally wrong with the current (self-evident, taken-for-granted) understanding of the economy, technology, and democracy. This is why we need thinking, and not some kind of ideological stance for ‘progress’, ‘democracy’, or ‘human rights’.
    Quote Let us put it as strongly as possible: modern knowledge as knowledge is simply institutionally and constitutionally deprived of wisdom; it is based on the deprecation of wisdom. In a very important terminology, propagated by Hans Jonas and Eric Voegelin, it is ‘gnostic’: is based on naïve, unlimited belief in the saving power of mere ‘knowledge’. This is of course not only dangerous but also completely absurd, as our entire cultural tradition, from the first chapters of the Book of Genesis through Plato and the fight of philosophers and Church Fathers against Gnostics and Sophists is based on the problematisation of mere ‘knowledge’; yet here we are, in modernity, proudly proclaiming the ‘knowledge society’, and marching forward into a brave new world dominated by the relentless pursuit and political application of context-free, universalistic knowledge.

The problem, the outlier, is modernity, and its reliance on Gnosticism, Sophistry, and similar kinds of alchemic (all-dissolving) universalizing tendencies, that destroy every cultural value—as everything that is worthwhile in life is always based on something concrete, especially something living, growing—and loving.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), diteras (3rd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (3rd August 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Dear Autumn W: If you cannot sleep at night, you need Calcium/Magnesium (www.drnewtons.com or 1-866-906-9844) Cal/Max. Add this to your daily vitamins.
    Now if you have high blood pressure. Here is what that is all about. According to genius Pete Peterson, now deceased, the government adds chlorine and florides(? sp.) to water which causes cholesterol to make the blood vessels stiff an restricts the pathway for blood to flow. This causes the heart to pump harder to get the job done and equals high blood pressure. Now the Prozac you are taking is deadly because it contains a fluoride compound which will make your blood pressure worse, harden your blood vessels and you can die of a stroke or heart attack. Stop the Prozac (meant to kill), take the Cal/Max along with other nutrients to help you to sleep, remove all cooking oils but olive oil (and that in miniscule amounts) from your diet and do your own cooking. Add ground Flax Seed to everything you cook/eat. It softens and lubricates all body tissues and is a wonderful, natural laxative and is wonderfully cheap. Get yourself a $60 automatic blood pressure reader and take your own pressure. It comes with a chart you fill in and follow your progress. When you go to the doctor, they make the thing so tight around your arm it seems they are going for amputation. This excessive pressure gives you a false, high reading. They tried that gambit on me and I did all of the above. I grease my fry pan for scrambled eggs with a light pass of a stick of butter. I eat fish and chicken and have not touched other meat in years. I am now 80 and take nothing more than vitamins. Take Yeast Flakes for complete B Vitamins plus one thousand or more Vitamin C crystals with other vitamins and minerals and enzymes. Vitamins do not work without minerals and neither work without enzymes. Pineapple is a nice enzyme container. Before and after menopause take BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES NOT HORSE HORMONES (TOO STRONG) OR PROGESTIN (NOT USED BY THE BODY TO OPPOSE ESTROGENS THEREBY CAUSING CANCER). USE NATURAL PROGESTERONE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WOMB, AS IT DOES OVER 300 JOBS IN THE BODY. GOOD LUCK.

I lived for 30 years in a house which had LEAD PIPES. I have read that this lead will also lead to hardening of the arteries. If you suspect this, you can be tested for lead in your body and it can be removed by chelation.
    Good information, thanks, but I'd add a few comments of clarity. It may not be wise to cook with olive oil. It has a relatively low flash point and burns/oxidizes quickly. Olive oil is best eaten raw, as are most all fats. Raw fats are critical elements of the cell building process. Cell membranes are made of fatty acids and raw, unprocessed, unheated fats are required. The cell membrane is the brain of the cell, the method of communication with all other cells. Avocado oil is best if cooking with fat. It has a very high flash point, over 500 degrees. Or use ghee, lard, or tallow. Keep the heat as low as possible.

As for Prozac, many studies show that these types of drugs are no better than a placebo. Bad side effects too. Use your best judgement and expert advice on working it out of your processes.

Concerning flax seeds, don't buy them pre-ground. They oxidize very quickly. Grind them in a coffee grinder only minutes before consuming. Or you could consume high quality flax seed oil (Nobel Prize winners love it. Dr. Budwig and Dr. Warburg). So, back to fat intake. Do not be afraid of raw, unheated fats. They are critical for so many reasons and conversely, processed fats are downright dangerous. Vegetable oils, canola oil (industrial rapeseed oil - outright poison), or most any other processed oil is deadly. This is not an exaggeration.

Thank you diteras for this great thread.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Akasha (7th August 2019), amor (3rd August 2019), Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Constance (2nd August 2019), diteras (3rd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (3rd August 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

couple of things from those informative replies -- anything processed --- bad. Not easy to find affordable unadulterated food - that is the economic reality. Diabetes is a modern epidemic. Partly because we see it earlier - but mainly lifestyle -- certainly would be one of the first indicators I would look for in a memory assessment as the vascular implications are obvious.

Advice I give - It makes sense and it is is simple - what is good for the body is good for the brain. Nothing wrong with moderation in all things. I guess we have to eat something but surely we could eat things that aren't actively destroying us? Maybe not.

Prozac (Fluoxitine) not often used these days and has been overtaken by other Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors as the standard, placebo, sub therapeutic, 'here take this and go away' option - it does have 'separation issues' and again it a med I often see tagged into a polypharmic nightmare - often one that the recipient is not aware they were taking or why.

To add a little voice of balance to the commonly held perceptions, I would have to say that these drugs if used correctly, for the correct reason (quite rare in clinical reality) and with regard to the proper indications, have a value -- but taking them because you have lost your cat or you feel people don't like you is utter bloody nonsense -- medicalising unhappiness is the most cynical fraud ever conceived.

the problem is this -

We have become accustomed to using language badly -- the language of psychiatry has slipped into everyday usage unchallenged and this is ... mental.

You just knew an example was coming .....

Nice lady living alone in a nice home --fairly isolated but not completely so --- diagnosis is vascular dementia. VaD Mixed cortical/sub-cortical

With this condition personality is well preserved -- deterioration is often like a step down, plateau ,step down ,effect --- when one drops down there may be a period of increased confusion, followed by recovery - but the recovery never goes back to the previous level. There is no treatment licensed in the UK --in the US the FDA do allow Memantine be offered -- might as well chew carpet slippers, but what do I know.

The issue with someone who is in the early stages of this condition is that they are often very plausible in the short term - intellect is intact. So conversations with them can often leave a person fooled into thinking a point has been made and understood - it has. Trouble is fifteen-twenty minutes later it is gone. Forgotten.

So this nice lady, among other things, is forgetting to eat. She will look you in the eye and say with genuine indignation ''I am not a fool of course I had breakfast' - she is sincere. She remembers having eaten but it might have been yesterday- last week- - last month even. So it goes on.

So - as she is not a fool - I sit with her and her daughter and explain to her honestly what is happening to her and she gets it -- she agrees that she needs help - so we arrange care calls twice daily.

About a week later I get a call from her doctor (GP) - carers have been in touch as they are worried about her --- she is '' depressed and paranoid''........!!! Wow -- that escalated quickly?

I unpick this -

As I said intellect intact and plausible. Lives alone.

Often when the carers call her she isn't letting them in - she is scared of them and tells them to '' go away'' she says they are intruders and threatens them with a stick from the window - she locks her door and tries to ring police. ----- paranoid
    &
    when she is letting them in or they get in she is often in tears crying because she is abandoned and desperately alone ---- depressed.

In reality she has forgotten the reason they were asked to come -- her plausibility when she is seen by them fools them completely into thinking she is having sudden mood swings - she has simply forgotten the conversations. So in the context of someone who is living alone and suddenly has two clowns in tunics miming instructions to her while peering through her double glazing, her reaction is not only understandable it is pretty justified. --- so paranoid? - no.

- on to the next

Most days her daughter or another family member will visit and spend anything up to six/seven hours with her. Trouble is that fifteen minutes after they have gone she will not only forget they have been she will not remember seeing them for months - so she feels abandoned -- she is unhappy as her family have left her alone. - depressed?......eff me sideways

So for paranoid and depressed read forgetful and unhappy due to this. I did not prescribe.

Language misused is like giving a child a harpoon for Christmas.

Of course those of you with experience know there is a lot more to it than that. I isn't easy to care for a person with these problems - memory is us - to lose it is horrible.

Cara - as always I am so amazed by your insights and knowledge - everything that is worthwhile in life is always based on something concrete, especially something living, growing—and loving.
    I nearly cried. thank you
    Last edited by diteras; 3rd August 2019 at 02:02.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Akasha (7th August 2019), Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Cara (3rd August 2019), conk (7th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), James (7th August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (4th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (3rd August 2019), Valerie Villars (7th August 2019), what is a name? (7th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Listen to the book on CD.. UnDoctored... He exposes the Food and Medical industry.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Many old people need their pills place in daily dosages in plastic containers.. Otherwise they can not keep track of what they took.. and will not take it or over dose.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), diteras (8th August 2019), Sadieblue (10th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Hi Perido - thanks for that

depends what you are treating and what 'pills' they are. UK pharmacies can supply weekly 'nomad' blister packs -- which on the whole are not a bad thing but do not work just because they are there. Some meds - anything dispersal either orally or extra orally cannot go in them - Some cant be 'exposed' to atmosphere or in contact with other tablets - as an aside ,it is also a fact that you have to think carefully about co-administration as you can, by combination, accidental or otherwise, create a 'new' medication which is not actually prescribed. This is why any medication administered 'covertly' in food for e.g. is ''off or outside of product licence'' and should only be done after very careful consideration, a legal establishment of a 'best interest' principle and a full discussion with multidisciplinary teams including a clinical pharmacist and family. You cant just crush tablets and shove 'em in anything basically. They cease to be what they are if you do.

Then we have the challenge of new. If someone has dementia people often think that simplifying their lives is a good idea. It is. But if that simplification requires them to learn a new process then it isn't.
    To give you a flavour - my record, which was last year - was bringing back 38 unused and twenty two partially used 'nomads' to a pharmacy. The GP said prior that they (the practice) was sure that she was compliant with medication and could not understand my reluctance to prescribe anti-dementia meds before I had got a home visit done. She hadn't been taking her stroke prevention regime for a year. Strangely enough(the diagnosis was a mixed dementia (VaD/AD) family had noticed her memory worsening over the past ten months. This is not unusual.
    Often family think they can prompt by phone --- it doesn't work --- ever. Put the the phone down pick up newspaper ...now what was I doing ....oh yes ....walk away and water flowers. OR-- family say ''write this down mum'' ....T..A..K..E T A B L E T S...so every time they see the note what happens .....>>?? yes you guessed. I once had a twenty eight day script last ten. Plus if you have days of the week on a med card or box and you don't know what day it is.......???

So yes useful but .....no substitute for careful assessment and well targeted least restrictive care. There are no shortcuts to intelligent kindness. None.
    Last edited by diteras; 8th August 2019 at 07:27.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2020), Sadieblue (26th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019), what is a name? (8th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

I have been quiet.

Actually not so. I have been to Edinburgh for a week - ‘The Fringe’ arts festival. Did my best to see and take in what a week let me. I say ‘take in’ because there is - which you will know if you have been - more than anyone could see in comedy alone over the month of August. 554 registered venues ( some of which are multiplexed) not counting street performers, who are all day every day in numbers - counted seven different acts on the royal mile alone - and pop up venues which fall outside the official. There is a lot to see. (I could have just left it at that….)
    Stayed in a self catering flat which was ok but ££££’s over the odds. Always thought it was worth it ……. Eat when I want, keep my own hours. Be alone with my disillusions and triumphs - sleep little, drink much, think different thoughts ….?

Anyone ever had the classic brush off ‘’its not you it’s me’’.....?

I like to go to places like this alone - it affords me an extra option to observe and play detective games in my head. Wondering about people isn't just my job it’s a lifelong habit.

Clearly the above is only partly true. I go on my own because there is no one who I want to take with me. I then ‘enjoy’ an internal monologue which is effectively a discourse with an imaginary perfect companion. Who does not exist. Probably now, never will.

The effect of this can be similar to an observation of walking over a neglected cesspit. Outwardly the thick crusted covering looks solid enough, but place your foot in the wrong place at the right angle and a stinking world of **** emerges.
    This is what two fairly decent young male students discovered when they stopped me at a makeshift stall in George Square.They asked me if I was ‘aware of world events’
    Suffice to say that around twenty minutes later (having subscribed to their offered publication) I left them with (I would expect) raised eyebrows and maybe some new info . I don't think they had ever considered the connections before - those connections between everything that they railed against, perhaps believing they were contending against diverse and disconnected adversaries in their quest to make this world a better place’.
    Of course they also could well have thought I was a random nutter. I am both things of course, but then again isn't everyone who has a shred of insight into this world and what we do in it.
    I am not clever or insightful
    I am only on the path approaching the foothills - the mountain is for those with more commitment - so my sadness was the assumption from them that they had a greater knowledge and were preparing to pitch some drivel-ous neo-socialist claptrap, which would be as stilted and as much of a blind alley diversion, as the system they were contending against. More smoke no fires. Lives ticking away discovering nothing new and self-congratulating their endeavour in so doing. We don't even know when we are playing the game anymore do we?

Two things struck me in the days that followed.

Firstly I am not as interested in experiencing things which are basically a repetition - that way you become worn down and ultimately either doublethink your way into accepting the world as it is (and decide to play the game) or become so same and predictable in your rhetorical that you can even stop listening to yourself.

In that context the arts and performance are meaningless trivia - here I am at an arts festival.

Secondly when the amorphous thing which is overseeing our lives gets a grip on something diverse it owns it -- firstly like a sadistic hunter it lets it run. It lets it shock. It lets it be dangerous - then it uses it to control through fear.
    Then it assimilates it.
    Examples? - I am old enough to remember punk. In principal much more than its shallow and exorcised shadow. A chance missed to change -doomed because it’s lack of ambition was intrinsic to its cultural message -in my opinion - but fun.
    Two years after the scare of punk hit the tabloids in the UK they were selling safety pin earrings in M&S.
    Assimilated castrated and safe it stays in memory like a ghost door to an alternate universe. Dead and finished.

Then we had Paris 1968- and the beauty of the last great western chance for individual self determination. Bought out.

I without thinking of the irony of this I will admit - wore a tee of my own design to Edinburgh which was with hindsight inspired - I had the phrase Soyez réalistes, demandez l'impossible printed - which of course is a secondary quote from Che Guevara

Think of me what you will.

In the context of my second point, the arts festival or fringe is now a pair of M&S earrings and my little tee was the subtle result of the same thing. All examples of defeated ambition and assimilated culture totally without danger. There is no fringe, it is not a fringe, it is a commercial mainstream playground-- a Disneyland for the chattering with as much sincerity and meaning.

So …. I don't think I will be going back again.

Dear Edinburgh/arts/fringe culture
    I am sorry. I won't be seeing you again --it's not you its me. Please let me know if you ever get your soul bought back and I will go looking for mine in the interim

So sorry everyone will get back on topic next time -- of course this is all connected - but you guys in Avalon land knew this right?

Love.
    Last edited by diteras; 24th August 2019 at 12:21.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), Cara (24th August 2019), Sadieblue (26th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th August 2019), Valerie Villars (24th August 2019), what is a name? (26th August 2019)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing more of your thoughts diteras.

Your musings reminded me of an interesting article by Thierry Meyssan called “How the West Eats it’s Children”. It’s more about geopolitics than societal and cultural issues but it touches on some areas you mention.

A culturally-oriented perspective that might add a broad historical context is that of sociologist Pitirim Sorokin. Here, historian Morris Berman outlines Sorokin’s ideas:

Quote Pitirim Sorokin, the Russian sociologist ... immigrated to the United States and founded the Department of Sociology at Harvard, where he taught for nearly thirty years. His four-volume Social and Cultural Dynamics was written over 1937-41, and rereading it at this late date, one has to marvel at the prescience of the man. Much of what he predicted regarding the cycles of civilization is coming true in our time.

Sorokin distinguished between what he called Ideational cultures and Sensate cultures. The former, he wrote, are spiritual in nature, focusing on the inner life of human beings. The latter, on the other hand—of which the West for the last five hundred years is a classic example—are preoccupied with the material modification of the external world by means of science and technology, and are the opposite of the Ideational ones. The Sensate culture of the last five centuries, he claimed, is now in crisis; in its dying phase.

So Sorokin believed that present-day Sensate/scientific culture was in a state of fatigue; that it had run its course. When you have the excessive domination of a single system, he wrote, eventually it begins to exhibit signs of self-destruction. The pendulum starts to swing in the other direction because each type of culture contains only part of the truth, and is thus an untruth. But this partial truth is mistaken for the whole truth, and becomes the basis for culture and social life—which is the untruth of the situation. The false part of the culture tends to grow, and eventually, the whole thing goes out of kilter. In other words, the untruth evokes a strong reaction, creating a dynamic of change and disintegration. (Cf. Hegel, or even Aristotle: any reality contains its own negation within itself, producing its antithesis over time.) Cultures dominated by one-sided mentalities, said Sorokin, fall victim to their own narrow-mindedness. He goes on:

Quote The great crisis of Sensate culture is here in all its stark reality. Before our very eyes this culture is committing suicide. If it does not die in our lifetime, it can hardly recover from the exhaustion of its creative forces and from the wounds of self-destruction. Half-alive and half-dead, it may linger in its agony for decades; but its spring and summer are definitely over….I hear distinctly the requiem that the symphony of history is playing in its memory.
    Sorokin’s predictions for this end-game scenario (remember, he’s writing this nearly seventy-five years ago) were as follows:

1. The boundary between true and false, and beautiful and ugly, will erode. Conscience will disappear in favor of special interest groups. Force and fraud will become the norm; might will become right, and brutality rampant. It will be a bellum omnium contra omnes [the war of all against all], and the family will disintegrate as well. “The home will become a mere overnight parking place.”

2. Sensate values “will be progressively destructive rather than constructive, representing in their totality a museum of sociocultural pathology….The Sensate mentality will increasingly interpret man and all values ‘physicochemically,’ ‘biologically,’ ‘reflexologically,’ ‘endocrinologically,’ ‘behavioristically,’ ‘economically’…[etc.].”

3. Real creativity will die out. Instead, we shall get a multitude of mediocre pseudo-thinkers and vulgar groups and organizations. Our belief systems will turn into a strange chaotic stew of science, philosophy, and magical beliefs. “Quantitative colossalism will substitute for qualitative refinement.” What is biggest will be regarded as best. Instead of classics, we shall have best-sellers. Instead of genius, technique. Instead of real thought, Information. Instead of inner value, glittering externality. Instead of sages, smart alecs. The great cultural values of the past will be degraded; “Michelangelos and Rembrandts will be decorating soap and razor blades, washing machines and whiskey bottles.”

4. Freedom will become a myth. “Inalienable rights will be alienated; Declarations of Rights either abolished or used only as beautiful screens for an unadulterated coercion. Governments will become more and more hoary, fraudulent, and tyrannical, giving bombs instead of bread; death instead of freedom; violence instead of law.” Security will fade; the population will become weary and scared. “Suicide, mental disease, and crime will grow.”

5. The dies irae [Day of Wrath] of transition will not be fun to live through, but the only way out of this mess, he wrote, is precisely through it. Under the conditions outlined above, the “population will not be able to help opening its eyes ... to the hollowness of the declining Sensate culture…. As a result, it will increasingly forsake it and shift its allegiance to either Ideational or Idealistic values.” Finally, we shall see the release of new creative forces, which “will usher in a culture and a noble society built not upon the withered Sensate root but upon a healthier and more vigorous root of integralistic principle.” In other words, we can expect “the emergence and slow growth of the first components of a new sociocultural order.”
    From: https://morrisberman.blogspot.com/20...orokin_28.html

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2019), diteras (24th August 2019), Franny (24th August 2019), Sadieblue (26th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th August 2019), Valerie Villars (24th August 2019)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Cara- you must be bored of me heaping praise upon you and your sources - but I cant help but do so. You are wonderful.

I can only say this -

Meyssan's observations are entirely in line with my own gut felt and uneducated fears

The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.

my hero Eric Arthur Blair was indeed an important prophet.

I think I will put up a flag and declare myself. This will be fun.

Thank you.

love.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2019), Cara (26th August 2019), Sadieblue (26th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019), Valerie Villars (26th August 2019)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

diteras - it’s a pleasure and you’re welcome. I am sure I found Thierry Meyssan’s site through some kind person posting a link somewhere

If you’d like to read more of Meyssan, Hervé has been posting chapters of Meyssan’s book “Right Before Our Eyes”, which is a modern history of the Middle East, here in this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Our-Very-Eyes

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2019), diteras (26th August 2019), Stephanie (26th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (26th August 2019), Valerie Villars (26th August 2019)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

The funny thing about loss.
    I have lost. We all have lost. Life is loss. What is loss? Here's mine.

I have to say sorry to you guys. Sorry because I havet been here. Sorry because some people who I never met and who I never will were kind about things I thought and I left them without explanation. Unforgivable. A lot is unforgivable. Life is a **** sandwich - old joke.

So what?

So can I share the story with the world. Well yes, I have to now. Not because of any ego (well a bit if I am honest) But not , I hope, bad faith.

I had four sons on 1/11/ On 3/11/ I had three. Simple mathematics not requiring the input of Green or Tyson will tell you all you need to know.
    He - James -my second born bo dob 1/1/1986 ( his mother clenched until 4.30 a.m. so I couldnt go for a drink -typical of her the mad woman she was and is), was someone who I never had the slightest issue with as a ‘worry’ - yes he hadnt chosen the life partner I would have hcosen for him but as a two rtime loser in the marriage whirlygig what the actually **** do I know eh? Quite.

So he has three children all under 10 years old 3, 7, 9. b, b, g. Three more he had effectively adopted. Older.
    James was a builder and he specialised as a plasterer. He was smart but not academic.. His own business and good at it - liked to dabble in farming on his down days - that’s what they do these country types- work and money - - didn't get that from me - his own man always. He didnt drink he couldnt drink - drink made him stupid - he was not a drinker -so he reasoned that he wouldnt. Not much of the fathers Scottish gene there eh?

He didn't tell me that he felt unwell - although most of the time according to my youngest who worked with him occasionally (joiner) he didn't feel unwell and he certainly looked ok - when I saw him last we laughed and joked about what a ****witt his mother was/is - when I saw him the last time we spoke of … I can't recall what else .. So ****ing bad when you cant recall the detail of the last time you spoke to someone - I wish I could replay every word and find something more...meaningful?
    But there probably was nothing.

He did tell my ex he was seeing a specialist and she took him - she works at the hospital so it made sense - I didn't even know - he didnt ever tell me or ask me about what he had been told by the gastroenterologist nor did he tell my ex exactly what the preliminary diagnosis was. It was Pbc (suspected) primary biliary cholangitis - To be exact. Liver. Usually manageable. Not great but manageable.

So the specialist - says ‘we need a biopsy’ - now here I divert you to the guidance on management of pbc- note that this states ‘no biopsy’ unless certain complications are suspected. Apparently and retrospectively I think these were suspected - long story but trust me I got it and I got them too. C***s.
    So they forgot about him and then they remembered - then they did the biopsy and sent him home - then he haemorrhaged and was dead before his mother and I got to his house two miles away from where we both still live (in different houses) End. 32 years old father of six no insurance - why would he?

So that was that.

I could tell you about the time which has passed since then - not all bad - it never is. I could tell you how unbelievably kind all my work colleagues and friends have been since - I could tell you of the inquiry and how I challenged the autopsy and the care he received and how these bastards attempted to divert blame… my own issues too which have surprised me ..none of that matters . If you want to know I did what I could at the inquest and they ( the hospital) are taking the blame - as they should - well at least in part - these things are much much deeper and much much worse - but this is what we are against isn't it?

Hiis life will be bought off - by the algorithm - think Fight Club.

So. I am tempted to detail but am resisting - that is enough.

Never stop fighting and resisting this ****e - my story is nothing - a million worse since - my life my hurt. Not yours - I will deal with it or not

Thank you

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2020), onevoice (8th February 2020), Stephanie (9th February 2020), Strat (7th February 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We have all been SETUP by the PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY"S
    DISPENSARY OF DEATH, DOCTORS: This is addressed specifically to Autumn W. and anyone else on PROZAC. Prozac is a (poison) constructed with the Fluoride molecule. It is in the same family of chemicals as Calcium on the Periodic Chart of Chemicals and as such easily fits into the SLOT of Calcium in the Bones. Now Calcium moves from place to place in the body as other organs require it to keep an operating balance. Such places are the HEART and BRAIN along with the BONES and many other parts of the body. Bones in which Fluorides have taken the place of Calcium becomes brittle (broken hips at $10,000 by Medicare for replacement joints). Along comes the purveyors of death to the rescue of those with problems which may be safely addressed by other means not requiring a hearse. They quickly supply PROZAC to anyone with a suggestion of anxiety. This is a long-term prescription for which KICKBACKS to the doctor and revenue to the industry promises fat returns. In the meanwhile, fluoride bonds itself to members of the brain, including that gland which connects us to the spirit world and many other parts of the brain basic to its function (with Alzheimer's the result). In addition, it binds itself to the HEART VALVES, which when bound to CALCIUM does not turn the valves HARD like stone and stop them from functioning, opening and closing, but deposits just that needed by the body at the moment and THEN MOVES ON to some other part of the body needing it. FLUORIDE COMPOUND BINDS STONE LIKE AND STAYS PUT! I believe it does the same thing to the blood vessels everywhere AS WELL AS IN THE BRAIN. Don't be surprised if you are on this death drug that you develop High Blood Pressure and Strokes. If a doctor wants to hook you on their poisons, say, "You First."

I have read that Atherosclerosis, narrowing and hardening of the blood vessel passages comes about by drinking water laced with Chlorine, also separately with Lead. I have also read that atherosclerosis may be addressed by very small doses of a chemical taken only once a week (EDTA). It dissolves the plaque inside the blood vessel; therefore, if this is over done, strokes by broken vessels and death will ensue; and therefore, it should be very carefully monitored medically. Also, only water free of Chlorine and Fluorine and its compounds should be consumed thereafter.

Chloride and Fluoride used against us in water, is said to have been not only a move to control us mentally, but to bring about our early deaths to ensure that we would not be around to collect our Social Security which has been stolen by the government and no doubt engineered by the Genocidal Bankers.

A warm shower or bath at night, with no radios or lights on would provide us with a good night's sleep. Since I have tried both, I can vouch for this statement. I personally have been docked by Doctors because I WILL NOT use pharmaceutical medication when common sense will do. Try introspection to find what is really worrying you and use common sense but not chemical death. Autumn W, take note.
    Last edited by amor; 8th February 2020 at 02:06.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

onawah (8th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th February 2020), Stephanie (9th February 2020)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

this is my thread so... sorry if anyone thinks it is out -connections are not always obvious...

There comes a time for every man when he must turn his back on the crowd ‘’ (Heron 1968) 1 -
    I should also cite the famous line about ‘turning one's back on a crowd to lead an orchestra’ blah blah - by god bothering Texan, Max Lucado - one little ‘gem’ from one of his 100 published works of fiction, all on the subject of his relationship with a mythical deity called the Christian god.
    Lucando also famously said ‘’ A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.’’ Thereby suggesting his fantasy, all seeing, infinitely wise object of faith, should turn his hand to pimping.

Interesting - or maybe it is a logical position, one that a nocturnal cuckold-maker and despoiler of women would assume. Max pal, your god is a bit of a ‘’see you next tuesday’’ mate. You get 20 years for that you know. Good thing too. That is the evolution of moral values at its best eh?

Personally, if I had to, which I do not, I would prefer to put my faith in Gandalf; at least we all know where he hangs his pointy hat - His choice of closeness with innocent child-like adults and liking for ‘rings of power’ notwithstanding.

So what has all that to do with anything?
    Seniment 2

Twins of concept, they both are born of the same strange facet of the human condition - watery eyed human belief that we are special. This cohesion of fantasy and subtle arrogance is undeniably the main support pillar which holds these twins of nonsensical sentiment and maintains their position.

Heron and Williams, writing and playing their hopeful sitars ,against a backdrop of , with hind and contemporary sight, mid sixties counter-cultural hopeless naivety, were wistfully searching for ‘a log cabin home in the sky’ - no consequences explored. I hope they have forgiven themselves

Lucado, preaching his diatribe of hopeful belief, based upon a concept or allegorical account, severely edited, often challenged and missentrpeted by its followers- one historically and presently responible for duplicity, mass control of minds, genocide, torture, hatred and divisions - all consequences ignored. May god forgive him.

You have to stack up quite a lot of benefits to even consider promoting either.

If you stop and consider the outcome of following any thing or ‘one’..., with a cold reason? ...

Well let's say neither have much going for them.

A definition supplied by the International Classification of diseases which -like the Diagnostic Statistical manual is written at the behest of mega pharma so they can sell more products, has one classification especially relevant -

3 F24 -Induced delusional disorder
    A delusional disorder shared by two or more people with close emotional links. Only one of the people suffers from a genuine psychotic disorder; the delusions are induced in the other(s) and usually disappear when the people are separated.

Well I guess we are all in this together eh? Except no, we are not. We have been emotionally blackmailed (linked) by a corrupt and useless media and now are being led - not by a benevolent prophet out of the wilderness - but like that same benevolent prophet would lead the sheep he is preparing to sacrifice on the altar of his own deranged ego

We have bought into the lie that we are powerless. To be fair the manipulation which has been deployed has been formidable. Our conditioning - we have to suspend and to exist in relative comfort are required to suspend, our natural instinct to ‘enquire’ - we find ourselves questioning ourselves.

Even in places where ideas are more freely discussed there are boundaries, unseen and unstated - but the group conditioning we all accept and expect defines them - it defines them in ways which actually - if you stop to think - is proof of the way a collective consciousness may work - it proves our latent empathy and understanding - but we never speak of it - it has been subverted to repress us - a magnificent example of control - or linked psychosis - you choose.

Back to the theme

Positions of faith have consequences and both examples above require suspension of common sense in order that their dogmas work- so what are those consequences - and if we understand them would we be better placed to understand exactly what is going on now?

Yes we would.

Religion - not going to quote Karl Marx ..ah go on then..

Because this famous position is often, as the learned will know ,misunderstood and misrepresented -I will quote...

But...

You cannot reduce complex ideas to unreferenced ‘one liners’ - that is the first rule of understanding - effort is required - anything else is propaganda - one liners are a danger sign - they are modern magic - often black.

translated it goes exactly like this - 4

The foundation of irreligious criticism is: Man makes religion, religion does not make man. Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.
    Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
    The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo’’

If that had been read properly you would think no one would have had an issue. The problem was and is that it was and is. It is just a little example of massaged and modified - - interpretation and distillation made it into something else - by those whose sphincters twitched when they recognized that someone had got them.

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools…..5

In the established mastery of thought-precis, you have the nutshell - the whole relationship between masters and slaves defined in an instant - one of undeniable revelation - like the turning on of a bright light in a cockroach infested dungeon - it is our dungeon and the shadows on the walls are our choices “On the walls of the cave, only the shadows are the truth 6

The linguistic hacking and intellectual ‘changing thought through language compression’s parallel to Orwell's 1984 are not to be dismissed either - Ministry of Truth?

There are many things which can become required to face our ‘struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion’.

Looking at figures for US alone, opium is the opium of the masses anyway - a not exactly ‘to the minute’ research article covering 2011-13 informs me - 7

Prescription data from IMS Health indicate that at the beginning of 2006, there were 47 million prescriptions dispensed per quarter in the United States for the opioid analgesics included in this study. Prescription volume peaked in the fourth quarter of 2012 at 62 million prescriptions dispensed.

It also states ‘’The number of deaths per year attributed to prescription opioid medications reached 16,651 in 2010’’

It has gone up, be sure of that.

Of course it is relevant, all things are connected - but I digress

We then have the sweet naive counter cultural take.
    Is it as dangerous -? Well - a child with a crossbow is as dangerous as a psychopath with one -they are essentially the same thing when you are in the cross hairs.
    No wonder then that in these times of fear we see people rushing for lifeboats of absolutes - an example easily checked -

David Wilcock 4/18: New Intel and Celebration of Imminent Freedom!
    Daniel Liszt (Dark Journalist) Gurdjieff Fourth Way: Crisis In Human Affairs Deep State Lockdown Vs. Conscious Freedom 16474 views
    LIVE AMA WITH THE DOLANS: COVID, POLITICS, UFOS, AND THE FUTURE
    37,940 views•
    COVID-19 updates, Atlas Comet breakup, Dead Seals in Canada, Viewer Q&A
    37,100 views•

Point made?

So what does that tell us?

Perhaps it proves as Marx said that - ‘Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again’

A need for certainty certainly (ha)

I feel we would all do well to consider the perceptive genius of Hunter S Thompson when he reflects upon the death of naive dreams - 8

’ History is hard to know, because of all the hired bull****, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.’’

And of course in this you have to include the most moving stanza he ever produced at the end of this reflection -

‘’So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

Makes you want to cry.

Speaking of HST-

There is a saying which I have always used referring to drug use - a subject which has more than once in my life become a problem - ‘’nice place to visit but don't try to live there’’

I try to abide by that - but I need more - I know I do - what I will not do is let it in with a free pass to my essence. It aint always easy. This empty hunger is one which I am sure others share - is it conditioning? - Well, I am saying I think it might be - and am sure that the flames of it are fanned by those who wish to control. Maybe giving yourself over to hedonism and madness is the only choice -but that has proven limitations. Thompson did not stay young forever.

Another famous observation in full - this time from the great Albert Camus 9

’There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest — whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories — comes afterwards. These are games; one must first answer. And if it is true, as Nietzsche claims, that a philosopher, to deserve our respect, must preach by example, you can appreciate the importance of that reply, for it will precede the definitive act. These are facts the heart can feel; yet they call for careful study before they become clear to the intellect.’’

I would recommend anyone read the ‘’Myth of Sisyphus’’ and ‘’Fear and Loathing ‘’- if advising the order to do so did not trouble me

When I think about all of this maybe between them Camus had seen the problem and Thompson chose his solution.

We can choose ours and it (that choice) doesn't have to be made for us.

So back to the sweetly simple petulia scented musings of Heron with his ‘home in the sky’ - it could be argued that this little harmless wistful wish list is just that - or it could be that it has the same relationship that marijuana has to crack cocaine and paracetamol has to oxycodone?

Critical thinking is the gift we are born with - it is our own autonomy - it is the manifestation of our essence.

That is the target now of every oppressive interest group - to eradicate it, to subvert it to destroy it to monetize it .

Lucado would have us use his manual to inform it, Heron would take us to a place where its use would be passively repressed.

Don't let it happen - but don't ask me how to stop it either.

So - didn't want to end on a low. Have a dance - and be free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTV8i_KjXM

1 The Incredible String Band – Log Cabin Home in the Sky

2 Sentiment - Exaggerated and self-indulgent feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia.
    ‘many of the appeals rely on treacly sentiment’
    https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/sentiment
    3 https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F22.8

4 Marx, Karl. 1844. A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher, February.
    5 ― Plato, The Allegory of the Cave http://www.mesacc.edu/~barsp59601/te...ofthecave.html

6 If Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---

7 https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMsa1406143

8 Fear and Lotahing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thomson https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/107...las-vegas-five

9 Suicide, Absurdity and Happiness: The Myth of Sisyphus Albert Camus 1928
    https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/camus/#SuiResAbs
    Last edited by diteras; 20th April 2020 at 21:25.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

kfm27917 (21st April 2020), Stephanie (21st April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3