Thread: Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell: the whole story so far

1. Link to Post #521
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Default Re: Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell: the whole story so far

Judging from the comments, nobody is buying his story.
    Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    BBC

NewsNight | Prince Andrew

Published 16th November 2019
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), Hervé (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), sunwings (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #522
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Red face Re: Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell: the whole story so far

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I cannot look @ him! He is born on the same day as me 19th February, I'd like him nice cozy in a very small prison cell by then. (2020)

BBC

NewsNight | Prince Andrew

Published 16th November 2019

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th November 2019 at 02:36.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #523
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Me too! Wouldn't that be something!
    I cannot look @ him! He is born on the same day as me 19th February, I'd like him nice cozy in a very small prison cell by then. (2020)
    Last edited by Cara; 17th November 2019 at 04:24. Reason: Amended quote tags for attribution
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), edina (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #524
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Referring to Epstein, who took his own life in his prison cell in August while facing charges of abusing dozens of underage girls, the prince said: “Do I regret the fact that he has quite obviously conducted himself in a manner unbecoming? Yes.”

He used the wrong tense if Epstein is dead !

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #525
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,432 times in 32,921 posts

Yes! 3,000 of them, and all highly entertaining.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (17th November 2019), Hervé (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), wegge (17th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #526
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

One interesting comment..."Prince Charles should be quizzed about his close relationship to Jimmy Saville."

But of course, he won´t! Because hard evidence is on the public record. It would be the wrong move for Prince Charles to try and justify his long and trusted friendship with Mr Fixit!

Many PR gurus are scratching their heads, as to why Prince Andrew has even agreed to do a BBC interview on this topic. The only strategy which would seem logical is that this is a pre-emptive strike!

Buckingham Palace must be aware of an avalanche of incriminating evidence about to be released. Doing this interview will be used as a "Prince Andrew has already commented on this story." I expect the Prince will quickly change residence to Switzerland where he recently bought a chalet for 13 million pounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ow-palace.html

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), edina (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

13. Link to Post #527
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Latest from RT... All over in UK news...wonder how the lawyers on the other are going to react.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (17th November 2019), meeradas (18th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Tintin (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

15. Link to Post #528
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,296 times in 8,660 posts

Quote And here’s a bombshell you probably haven’t heard about yet… And maybe never will again.

Think this is “fake news”? Here’s the link to the full complaint, filed in 2016. Funny how this never made the “real” news, right? In horrific detail, Katie Johnson charges Trump with raping her multiple times in the summer of 1994, when she was 13 years old. In 2002, Trump told an interviewer, “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” 2002 minus 15 is 1987. This means Trump was having “a lot of fun” with Epstein way before 1994. The New York Times has also reported that Trump and Epstein took part in a “party” where they were the only two male guests along with 28 women. That sounds like a LOT of “fun”, doesn’t it? Think they kept their clothes on?
    Everybody following the ramp up to the election heard about this - so those claims alone are disingenuous.

Obviously I don't know what's true or not true here but I do know the above article is quite slanted in presentation of this 'bombshell' and there is more info available.

(And I admit the following from 11/16 does not prove it's claims either, and there are other articles available which leave the question open)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...TED-story.html

Quote EXCLUSIVE: Troubled woman with a history of drug use who claimed that she was assaulted by Donald Trump at a Jeffrey Epstein sex party at age 13 MADE IT ALL UP
    But DailyMail.com has been told that elements of what Johnson had claimed crumbled at the last minute.

Her claims can today be exposed as untruthful, the key fact being that Donald Trump was not involved whatsoever.

A source with knowledge of the controversial case told DailyMail.com: 'Katie Johnson's account had been believable and compelling right up until the last minute.
    'But new information emerged that suggested she had not been telling the truth.

'Ultimately it was discovered that Donald Trump's name had been inserted into this, he was not involved whatsoever. After that she had no credibility.'

The revelation slaps down any suggestion that Johnson dropped the case thanks to a secret financial settlement with Trump, as has been speculated on social media.

It also clears Trump of any hint of wrong doing in association with the lawsuit.

DailyMail.com interviewed Johnson before the case was dropped.

She had claimed her motivation was to tell her story was to expose Donald Trump to stop him from becoming president.

'We would have a rapist in the White House. I would feel horrified every single day if I stay in this country,' she said, in dramatic terms.

Johnson said her experiences in the summer in 1994 still haunt her today.

'As much as I try to forget about everything that happened, it always affects everything in my life,' she said. 'I mean it affects my relationships, I don't think I've ever had a successful relationship, one that I feel I can trust that person, there's always that mistrust.'

But she also said that in 1994 she had no idea who her attacker was and that it was only when she watched The Apprentice that she came to believe it was Trump, claiming that she could not forget her attacker's face.

DailyMail.com has since learned that Johnson has two DUIs and a felony drug possession on her record and a history of drug abuse.

Johnson has a troubled past, and told DailyMail.com that she believes her experiences as a young girl led to those troubles.

The former real estate worker said recent spinal surgery has meant she is unable to work and claims disability welfare.

In lurid claims Johnson in court papers, she claimed Trump took her virginity, forced her in to role-play sex and alleges that he and financier Epstein treated her as a 'sex slave' during an 'horrific' summer in 1994.

later note: Focusing on Barr's possible role in the Epstein coverup is important, I think.

Quote It was Barr’s DOJ lawyers who just recently (this year) argued against voiding the Federal Non-Prosecution Agreement made by Acosta in Epstein’s Florida sex trafficking case 12 years ago, which would have prevented any further federal prosecution, and they also argued against the release of the 2,000 pages of evidence and testimony in the case. But according to Barr,“The investigation is ongoing”…
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 17th November 2019 at 13:07.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

BMJ (20th November 2019), edina (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

17. Link to Post #529
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Exclamation Re: Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell: the whole story so far

Richie dissects the BBC's Saturday night interview with Prince Andrew, where he was questioned about allegations surrounding his relationship with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and the abuse of underage girls. The Duke of York has "categorically" denied having any sexual contact with an American woman, who says she was forced to have sex with him aged 17. Answering questions about his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in a BBC interview, Prince Andrew said the alleged incidents "never happened". Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein's accusers, claimed she was forced to have sex with the prince three times. The prince said he was at home with his children on one of the occasions.

Prince Andrew's Bizarre Response to Guiffre Claims
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th November 2019 at 14:00.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (20th November 2019), meeradas (18th November 2019), mgray (17th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

19. Link to Post #530
    Language
    Thanks

EXCLUSIVE: First-Ever Look Inside Epstein’s Private Island

TOP 5 Things We Discovered Inside Epstein’s Private Island!!!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th November 2019 at 14:13.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

meeradas (18th November 2019), wegge (17th November 2019)

21. Link to Post #531
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,296 times in 8,660 posts

Happened on this link from Tiffany's twitter

https://twitter.com/Tiff_FitzHenry/

Creator of Nickelodeon then President of ABC/Disney, Geraldine Laybourne and her husband visited Epstein island, were in flight logs and black book.

Nick cartoon: Captioned on a helicopter heading to an island: “CIA PIZZA ‘we deliver to evil secret islands.’

Are you awake yet?

linked to the clip at (help to insert?)

https://twitter.com/ihatematt/status...57361095122944

Then I refreshed Tiffany's feed, got a does not exist error, and then the post linking to the second post was gone. WTF?
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 17th November 2019 at 14:55.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

BMJ (22nd November 2019), Valerie Villars (18th November 2019)

23. Link to Post #532
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Yes! 3,000 of them, and all highly entertaining.
    I thought this comment would get everyone's day off to a good, laughing start. Probably my favorite comment.

Quote I once got so high, I gave a guy my car for his box of chicken McNuggets. That was still a better decision than Prince Andrew agreeing to this interview.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), BMJ (22nd November 2019), ClearWater (18th November 2019), Iancorgi (17th November 2019), mgray (17th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019)

25. Link to Post #533
    Language
    Thanks

EXPOSED: The Left's Pedophilia Agenda! | Louder with Crowder

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

mgray (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

27. Link to Post #534
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

With reference to the Prince Andrew video posted above.

1. 13:40mins The interviewer mentions John Brockman who claimed to have seen the Prince getting a foot massage from an underage girl. His reaction to the name being dropped is pure panic before quickly denying even knowing the man.

2. 21:40 mins I am sure David Ickes ears perked up, when a humanoid member of the Royal family admitted not being able to sweat.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), ExomatrixTV (17th November 2019), meeradas (18th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Star Tsar (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), Watching from Cyprus (18th November 2019), wegge (17th November 2019)

29. Link to Post #535
    Language
    Thanks

Prince Andrew Denies He's a Sweater and Vividly Remembers He Was at a Children's Pizza Express Party

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

meeradas (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

31. Link to Post #536
    Thanks

The BBC is damning.
    (3 hours ago)

Prince Andrew stands by 'car-crash' Jeffrey Epstein BBC interview

The Duke of York stands by his decision to take part in an interview about his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, sources have told the BBC.

People close to Prince Andrew said he wanted to address the issues head-on and did so with "honesty and humility".

It came after the prince's interview with BBC Newsnight on Saturday was described as a "car crash".

In the interview, the prince denied having sex with a then 17-year-old girl - Virginia Giuffre.
    Former Buckingham Palace press officer Dickie Arbiter described the interview as "excruciating".

The BBC's royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said the prince was "very damaged" by the interview and the opportunity to clear his name had "failed, badly".

Mr Arbiter says "questions will be asked" in the palace about the decision For several months the Duke of York had been facing questions over his ties to Epstein - an American financier who, at the age of 66, took his own life while awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges.

Prince Andrew "categorically" denied having any sexual contact with Virginia Giuffre known at the time as Virginia Roberts.

The first occasion, she said, took place when she was aged 17.

A lawyer for some of Epstein's alleged victims urged the prince to talk under oath to the US authorities.

Asked about the prince's decision to be interviewed by BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis, Mr Arbiter said he thought many questions would be asked in Buckingham Palace.

He said: "They will be wondering: Was this the right decision? Was the right decision made? Who made the decision to put him on? Did he make it himself or did he seek advice within the Palace?
    "My guess is that he bulldozed his way in and decided he was going to do it himself without any advice.

"Any sensible-thinking person in the PR business would have thrown their hands up in horror at the very suggestion that he puts himself up in front of a television camera to explain away his actions and his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein."

He added that the interview was "not so much a car crash but an articulated lorry [truck] crash".

Mr Arbiter said he believed the interview would have an impact on the Duke of York's relationships with various charities.

Ahead of Saturday's interview, Prince Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson wrote of her support for him on social media.

She said: "I am deeply supportive and proud of this giant of a principled man, [who] dares to put his shoulder to the wind and stands firm with his sense of honour and truth."

'Sign of arrogance'

But other royal experts also questioned the prince's decision to speak so publicly about his relationship with Epstein.

Royal biographer Angela Levin said she was gripped by the interview but felt it was "ill-judged" to offer insights into his life with Epstein.

"Unfortunately it was a sign of his arrogance," she said. "He has always been arrogant.

"The Queen's motto is don't complain don't explain. I think in her heart she will be extremely embarrassed.

"I know for a fact Prince Andrew does not listen to his advisers.

"A very senior member of the press team left suddenly two weeks ago and the implication is he would not have approved of what Prince Andrew did."

Another royal biographer, Catharine Mayer, spent time with Prince Andrew in 2004 in China on a trade mission and said the interview was "terrible because it erased the victims of Epstein".

"It was as bad as I expected," she said. "Probably worse.

"He did not mention those women once."

Former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond said the interview reminded her of one Princess Diana gave to Panorama in 1995 where she "spilled her soul".

Mrs Bond added that Princes Andrew's lack of remorse in his interview was a "glaring hole".

'Speak to FBI'

Gloria Allred, who is representing some of the young women who say they were victims of Epstein said "there is so much truth that is yet to be revealed".

She added: "I would say to Prince Andrew: the charges made by [Virginia Giuffre] against you are very, very serious charges.

"I think the right and honourable thing to do would be for you to say unequivocally 'I will voluntarily speak to the FBI, I know it is the right thing to do, I have nothing to hide'."

In the lengthy interview, which UK viewers can watch in full on BBC iPlayer or on YouTube elsewhere in the world, the duke said that:
    • On the date Virginia Giuffre says he had sex with her - 10 March, 2001, he had taken his daughter to Pizza Express in Woking for a party before spending the night at home
    • He dismissed claims he was sweating profusely because he had a "peculiar medical condition" meaning he cannot sweat, caused by an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands War
    • He had commissioned investigations into whether a photograph of him with Ms Giuffre had been faked, but they were inconclusive
    • Speaking out about his relationship with the financier had become almost "a mental health issue" for him
    • He would testify under oath about his relationship with Ms Giuffre if "push came to shove", and his lawyers advised him to
    • He was unaware of an arrest warrant against Epstein when he invited the financier to Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday party at Windsor Castle
    • He did not regret his friendship with Epstein because of "the opportunities I was given to learn" from him about trade and business

Analysis

BBC's Royal correspondent Jonny Dymond

"Car crash" and "disaster" are some of the kinder words that spring to mind about Prince Andrew's misbegotten foray into the long-form interview.

The reaction of the press and commentators is withering. Social media is burning with mockery, ridicule and a fair amount of anger.

To a fair number of people doubtful about the worth of the monarchy, Prince Andrew has emerged as an avatar of all that is wrong with the institution.

There is a reason the Royals don't do 'no-holds-barred' interviews. Unsurprisingly, given that they live in Palaces and have servants, they are somewhat out of touch.

Which is why Prince Andrew spoke of "a straightforward shooting weekend" and appeared to smirk at the idea of going for a pizza in Woking.

Neglecting to even mention the victims of his friend Jeffrey Epstein compounded the impression of a man who entirely fails to grasp the spirit of the times.

Defending his friendship with a convicted child sex offender on the grounds that he had met lots of interesting people because of him suggested a degree of self-absorption that would not survive exposure to the outside world.

Who in his staff thought this interview would be good idea and what does Prince Andrew do next?

He is very damaged. The interview was an opportunity to clear his name and rescue his reputation. It has failed, badly.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (18th November 2019), East Sun (17th November 2019), meeradas (18th November 2019), Mike (17th November 2019), mountain_jim (17th November 2019), muxfolder (17th November 2019), Satori (17th November 2019), Sophocles (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (18th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

33. Link to Post #537
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The BBC is damning.
    So is CNN:
    Prince Andrew sparks near-universal condemnation with TV interview

If Prince Andrew hoped that a TV interview about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein would stop the flow of negative press coverage he faced, he could not have been more wrong.

A tweet posted by Charlie Proctor, editor of the Royal Central website, following the royal's high-stakes interview with the BBC appeared to echo the thoughts of many following the Saturday night broadcast that has created headlines around the world.

"I expected a train wreck. That was a plane crashing into an oil tanker, causing a tsunami, triggering a nuclear explosion level bad," Proctor wrote.

The Duke of York told BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis he had seen nothing that struck him as suspicious when he was around Epstein, who died by apparent suicide in August while awaiting trial on federal charges that he sexually abused underage girls and ran a sex trafficking ring. Epstein had pleaded not guilty.

One of Epstein's accusers, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, has alleged that she was forced into sexual encounters with the prince while underage. In a 2015 federal court filing, Giuffre alleged Epstein forced her to perform sex acts with several prominent men, including Prince Andrew in 2001. All of them have denied the allegations.

Sunday's newspapers would have made for grim reading for the royal family.

Fanning the flames

The interview, recorded Thursday, was the first time Prince Andrew has spoken about the accusations publicly, though he has repeatedly denied them through statements issued by Buckingham Palace.

He chose to stay at Epstein's home, the prince said, because it was "convenient" and "honorable."

On camera, in Buckingham Palace, the Queen's second son said he had taken his elder daughter to a party at a pizza restaurant on the night it is claimed he had sex with Roberts Giuffre. For many years, the prince claimed, he could not sweat, countering the allegations made by Roberts Giuffre that he was "sweating profusely" before they had sex when she was 17.

There was 'no indication' Epstein was doing anything wrong, Prince Andrew says

Asked by Maitlis whether he felt any "guilt, regret or shame" about his behavior or friendship with Epstein, the prince said only that it was "the wrong decision to go and see him in 2010."

"Do I regret the fact he has quite obviously conducted himself in a manner unbecoming? Yes." said the prince of Epstein, to which Maitlis replies: "Unbecoming? He was a sex offender." The prince then responds: "Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm being polite, I mean in the sense that he was a sex offender."

It was also revealed that Epstein was invited to the 18th birthday party of his daughter, Princess Beatrice, even though at the time Epstein had been subject to an arrest warrant for the sexual assault of a minor.

Prince Andrew appeared on the BBC's flagship news programme Newsnight.

The prime-time interview would surely have been excruciating viewing for members of the royal family and their courtiers. It was, many said on social media, car-crash TV. This was not the narrative the prince would have wanted following an interview apparently six months in the making. He fanned the flames, and now the fire threatens to spread, media watchers predicted.

"I think any reputation management professional, whether lawyer or PR, is going to say that this was a catastrophic error of judgement," prominent media lawyer Mark Stephens told the BBC.

Stephens added that the prince's comments could open him up to more scrutiny. "What effectively Prince Andrew has done is lit the blue touchpaper and really, things are going to spiral out of control," he said.

Who is Prince Andrew? The Queen's 'favorite' child embroiled in the Epstein scandal

When asked by CNN about the wisdom of giving the interview, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson on Saturday declined to comment.

The grilling of the prince on one of the BBC's flagship news shows has provided journalists with more fodder, UK broadsheet newspaper The Sunday Times dedicated much of its front five pages to his seismic comments. And, among the thousands of words written, there was little sympathy for the 59-year-old prince in the British press.

Sunday Times columnist Camila Long wrote: "There are toffs, there are royals, and then, it seems, there is Saint Prince Andrew. He is a man so much nobler than the rest of us that during his interview about his sex life ... he had the absurdity to describe his behaviour around convicted paedo Jeffrey Epstein as simply 'too honourable.'"

"You could just imagine the PR sitting just out of shot, head in hands, as he trotted out the 'honourable' line and described Epstein's dungeon as 'convenient,'" she continued.

In the Mail on Sunday, Elizabeth Day's opening line was: "What on Earth was Prince Andrew thinking? The answer, surely, is not very much."

There has been plenty of mentions to the soul-baring TV interviews done by Prince Charles and Diana, Princes of Wales, in the 1990s, when Diana told BBC's Panorama that there were "three of us in this marriage," in reference to Charles' relationship with his now wife Camilla.

Failure to show regret

In the Guardian, Catherine Bennett wrote: "The royal family owes Princess Diana a posthumous apology: her Panorama appearance is now only the second most catastrophic, ill-advised royal broadcast ever made (unless that place rightfully goes to Charles's earlier confession of adultery)."

Public relations and crisis consultant Mark Borkowski told the PA news agency he had never seen "anything so disastrous." "For any students of PR that is how not to do it," he said. "It was like watching a man in quick sand and unfortunately, I don't think anyone would have thrown him a line to get him out."

I let the royal family down by hanging out with Epstein, Prince Andrew says

Plenty felt the prince had failed to show regret. The BBC's royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond wrote: "There was notably little in the way of apology or remorse in the interview. Aside from that visit to Epstein's house in 2010, Prince Andrew does not think he has done anything wrong."

Labour Party lawmaker Jess Phillips reacted with incredulity to his choice of words, saying on Twitter, Phillips said: "Who knew Prince Andrew was jargon junkie middle manager."

Catherine Mayer, founder of the Women's Equality Party, questioned the prince's intelligence, saying he was "too stupid to even pretend concern for Epstein's victims," PA reported.

The prince's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson did, at least, defend her former husband before the broadcast was aired. "Andrew is a true and real gentleman and is stoically steadfast to not only his duty but also his kindness and goodness," she tweeted.

And, in reference to the prince saying he remembers "weirdly distinctly" taking his daughters to the high-street restaurant chain Pizza Express in Woking, an area near London, comedy writer Simon Blackwell, said, perhaps with his tongue in his cheek, that the prince had "drawn a line under the whole thing."

All this could be far from being the end of a story the prince had probably hoped would go away.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Hervé (17th November 2019), Iancorgi (18th November 2019), meeradas (18th November 2019), muxfolder (17th November 2019), Satori (17th November 2019), Sophocles (18th November 2019), sunwings (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (18th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

35. Link to Post #538
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 times in 668 posts

Bill Burr

Epstein ABC Leak

Published 12th November 2019

Comedian Bill Burr shares his thoughts on this debacle. Contains swearing.

Bit of offtopic, I just love Bill Burr. He's one of the funniest people around. One of those comedians who actually tells how it is.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

happyuk (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #539
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,109 times in 2,424 posts

The so-called Royales' motto: "Don't complain and don't explain.

But, do deny and do lie. And be more drastic too, if deemed necessary.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

muxfolder (17th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

39. Link to Post #540
    Language
    Thanks

The Epstein Story Just Got WEIRDER, Guards Are REFUSING To Admit Wrongdoing

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst 1 17 27 37 67 LastLast