+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Netflix movie: I am Mother (contains spoilers!)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

Exclamation Netflix movie: I am Mother (contains spoilers!)

Warning! This post contains spoilers from the movie "I am Mother". Stop reading now if you have not seen the film and want to enjoy the story first.

So, now that the necessary warnings have been placed, it is time to discuss about this very intriguing movie. I think there were many aspects worth pondering, like:

- Are humans creatures that just cannot learn to live in harmony with nature and each other?
    - is there any other solution than to remove our specie from the planet?
    - or would it be OK to do the reset and update that "Mother" was appareanrly doing in this film?

What did you think about the film?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2019), DeDukshyn (8th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th July 2019), ExomatrixTV (28th January 2023), Jad (9th July 2019), muxfolder (8th July 2019), Sadieblue (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Default Re: Netflix movie: I am Mother (contains spoilers!)

I saw that couple of weeks ago and unfortunately knew right from the beginning how it was going to end. It's almost always all about predictive programming and pushing the agenda, whatever it is. But I have to admit the movie was much better than I suspected.

Quote - Are humans creatures that just cannot learn to live in harmony with nature and each other?
    I have not done that much of research about those AI's that came to conclusion that human kind should be destroyed but isn't that how it is in Hollywood movies all the time?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Isserley (9th July 2019), Jad (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by Arak (here)
    Warning! This post contains spoilers from the movie "I am Mother". Stop reading now if you have not seen the film and want to enjoy the story first.

So, now that the necessary warnings have been placed, it is time to discuss about this very intriguing movie. I think there were many aspects worth pondering, like:

- Are humans creatures that just cannot learn to live in harmony with nature and each other?
    - or would it be OK to do the reset and update that "Mother" was appareanrly doing in this film?

I actually saw the title of that film on Netflix yet didn't watch it... Now that I am seeing what you're writing about it, it sounds as if it is right up my alley!

I will come back after I see it, so I can talk about it with ya.. Did you like the movie overall? I am assuming yes, since you started a thread?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Jad (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Arak (here)

I thought the ending wasn't well planned out; it had so much good momentum, but then just sort of fizzled. It could have been so much more, but overall it was a good enough movie to watch and make you think a little about humanity, as it is, and what wasted potential we have. Something that could potentially be corrected along the lines of how the movie portrays it ... but at the same time, highlighting the terrifying reality that we tend to be merely just a product of how we are programmed and raised.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 8th July 2019 at 22:40.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

muxfolder (8th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread