+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Can humans really levitate?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

Default Can humans really levitate?

I thought I might start a thread on Levitation starting with one of my favourite videos of an African Shaman performing Levitation.

In my view he is using the throat chakra as the source of his power to resist gravity... or as many may say quackery and fake camera work.

Would like to hear of others experiences or opinions on levitation and possible ways to escape the clutches of gravity...

If I got the youtube vid insert wrong here is a link to it....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tW6pV...layer_embedded
    Last edited by phillipbbg; 11th April 2011 at 14:36.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

jjl (14th May 2011), Maia Gabrial (18th February 2012), MariaDine (11th April 2011), Njord (14th May 2011), RatRodRob...RRR (9th September 2023), Ria (14th May 2011), silverchimes (14th May 2011), silvervioletrubie (14th May 2011), Steve C (14th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Can humans really levitate?

Attaining The Power Of Levitation (Laghima)

The power of levitation can be attained by performing Samyama Meditation on the Throat Chakra. The Throat Chakra, also called Vishuddha, is the energy center in the subtle body associated in the physical body with the area of the throat. Its corresponding element is Ether or Space. Mastery over this element allows anyone to neutralize the gravitational pull of the Earth which is the main thing that keeps our feet on the ground.

The above quoted from: http://www.virtualsynapses.com/2010/...n-laghima.html

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Lettherebelight (11th April 2011), pharoah21 (14th April 2011), phimonic (11th April 2011), Steve C (14th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by phillipbbg (here)
    I thought I might start a thread on Levitation starting with one of my favourite videos of an African Shaman performing Levitation.

In my view he is using the throat chakra as the source of his power to resist gravity... or as many may say quackery and fake camera work.

Would like to hear of others experiences or opinions on levitation and possible ways to escape the clutches of gravity...

If I got the youtube vid insert wrong here is a link to it....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tW6pV...layer_embedded
    Let's see if that worked.

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

camera work is not very good, but this one could be real. He set up a circle of fire, so it is possible he summoned a spirit or elemental to create the phenomena.
    Last edited by bearcow; 11th April 2011 at 16:02.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Siberia9 (14th May 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Here is an interesting read

Acoustic Levitation Of Stones

Another slant on levitation, but like all of them at there centre is SOUND.

If you put a speaker next to a open plastic bottle of coke and get the frequency correct the sound waves will cause a droplet of coke to rise from the surface
    I will see if I can dig out a video of this....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

jackovesk (14th May 2011), witchy1 (11th April 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

-----

I'm unsure as to whether this is a hoax or not, however I'm not dismissing the concept as I believe we've all got abilities that have been suppressed for thousands of years, not helped at all by the education system we have to endure.

I do think that "cameraman #2" needs to seek alternative employment though, rubbish to say the least!
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

jackovesk (14th May 2011), silvervioletrubie (14th May 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

As much as I believe in Levitation I cant help be think that this might be a hoax. I didn't help that the picture wasn't really that great and the second cameraman was useless lol.

One other thing if it is real its strikes me as kinda pointless, He's obviously using a lot of energy and not getting much in return, it's not like he can float down to the shop to get some milk!

13. Link to Post #8
    Ilie Pandia

While I do believe that levitation is possible is my personal opinion that his video is a hoax.

Here are my arguments for that:
    - they have had plenty of time to prepare for this event, so they should have got proper lights on the scene
    - the body of the shaman looks to be anchored on the mid-section that is very rigid
    - the second camera stays away from the mid section filming either the head or the legs
    - we have no clear shot from the back of the the shaman
    - contrary to what the commenter says the shamans looks anchored in the mid section and not floating on air

When my levitation efforts will prove successful I will post a video

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

DoubleHelix (14th May 2011), Fred259 (13th April 2011), NancyV (14th May 2011), silverchimes (14th May 2011), silvervioletrubie (14th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Another levitation thread?

Do an "advanced search" (upper right [corner] of the page), and see what comes up... [no comment]

for instance...(find your vid posted more than once on that thread... and pages of disco)
    Last edited by meeradas; 11th April 2011 at 15:35. Reason: []

16. The Following User Says Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

phillipbbg (11th April 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

I think this can be done. I’ve been dealing with some strange things in the last year. I’m starting to move objects by staring and focusing intently on them, but it’s very very draining, time consuming and often leaves me dizzy and a little confused. I’ve yet to move anything further than 2 inches, the most I’ve done was with in that distant. Mind reading by gazing into eyes is becoming a regular thing for me now.

Levitation is interesting to me. Sometimes, when walking I feel my body become very light and off balance, my feet seem to search for the ground instead of just touching it. It feels like I’m dreaming when this happens. This only last for a short time thou, especially when I start to make sinse of what just happen. That’s probably the problem now that I think about it…making sinse of it…using knowledge that was giving to me by my oppressors can’t really be that beneficial.

I clearly remember a weird incident I had years ago. I awaken one morning (I strongly believe I was floating over my bed) and fell to the bed and bounced off of it and hit my nose on a radiator. If I wasn’t floating than I had to be standing up on my bed and fell as soon as I became couscous….it’s the only explanation I can think of, but the angle of my landing doesn’t support that either. Never has this happen again, not yet.

Peace
    Last edited by Peace of Mind; 11th April 2011 at 16:01.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

alxz (14th May 2011), Limor Wolf (14th May 2011), NancyV (14th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)

When my levitation efforts will prove successful I will post a video
    I'll do ya one better, when I get the hang of it I'll mount a camera on a helmet like skydiving cameramen and ya'll can come along for the ride. I'll also be sure and get the expression of the clerk at the corner convenience store when I come floating through the front door to grab some milk.

Cheers,
    Fred S.

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    I think this can be done. I’ve been dealing with some strange things in the last year. I’m starting to move objects by staring and focusing intently on them, but it’s very very draining, time consuming and often leaves me dizzy and a little confused. I’ve yet to move anything further than 2 inches, the most I’ve done was with in that distant. Mind reading by gazing into eyes is becoming a regular thing for me now.

Levitation is interesting to me. Sometimes, when walking I feel my body become very light and off balance, my feet seem to search for the ground instead of just touching it. It feels like I’m dreaming when this happens. This only last for a short time thou, especially when I start to make sinse of what just happen. That’s probably the problem now that I think about it…making sinse of it…using knowledge that was giving to me by my oppressors can’t really be that beneficial.

I clearly remember a weird incident I had years ago. I awaken one morning (I strongly believe I was floating over my bed) and fell to the bed and bounced off of it and hit my nose on a radiator. If I wasn’t floating than I had to be standing up on my bed and fell as soon as I became couscous….it’s the only explanation I can think of, but the angle of my landing doesn’t support that either. Never has this happen again, not yet.

Peace
    As this leaves you a bit dizzy etc, could I suggest you re-energise yourself before trying it by using this breathing technique.

When you breath IN visualise air going OUT of your body and when you are breathing OUT visualise air coming INTO your body....
    Its a bit hard to explain but if you get the swing of it you will build up a lot of energy. Also if you close your eyes and apply mild pressure on one of your eyes you should be able to see how strong your aura is and what colour it is. Blue spots would be a good sign of high energy....

Hope this helps.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Peace of Mind (11th April 2011)

22. Link to Post #13
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

A have a friend , also a therapist , share this event with me.

It happen during a reiki/Cura quantica session. She saw her «pacient» levitate of the massage table for about 10 cm.

She was so astonished,because no one had done that during her healing sessions.

She had to sit down a bit after the session because of «shock»....

Namasté

Ps- 10 cm and for a good half an hour. She tried several times to push her gently down. ...LOL
    Last edited by MariaDine; 11th April 2011 at 18:10.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Firinn (11th April 2011), red_rose (14th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #14
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 270 posts

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)
    She saw her «pacient» levitate of the massage table for about 10m.
    Really 10 meters? This is about 33 feet.

Maybe this person was talking about cm - centimeters?

Sepia

25. Link to Post #15
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by sepia (here)

Sepia
    I was about to ask that and then I realized... it must be 10 minutes!

I have not seen any therapy room 10+meters high

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

BigBugs (14th April 2011), MariaDine (11th April 2011), pharoah21 (14th April 2011), sepia (11th April 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 270 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Quote Posted by sepia (here)

Sepia
    I was about to ask that and then I realized... it must be 10 minutes!

I have not seen any therapy room 10+meters high
    So we stopped a rumor to get born in the last second

28. Link to Post #17
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

When I was in high school, we had an english teacher that showed us something not remotely connected to english.
    She got a volunteer, a girl and seven more of us.
    The seven had to walk around her while she was laying on the floor and we all chanted, we were told it didn't matter what.
    I forget now how many times we had to circle her.
    After the required amount, we all leant down, put one index finger each under her, and lifted her almost to the ceiling.
    The girl had nightmares for nights afterwards she said.
    Not entirely the same as what you are talking about, but I just remembered it and thought I would share.

29. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    When I was in high school, we had an english teacher that showed us something not remotely connected to english.
    She got a volunteer, a girl and seven more of us.
    The seven had to walk around her while she was laying on the floor and we all chanted, we were told it didn't matter what.
    I forget now how many times we had to circle her.
    After the required amount, we all leant down, put one index finger each under her, and lifted her almost to the ceiling.
    The girl had nightmares for nights afterwards she said.
    Not entirely the same as what you are talking about, but I just remembered it and thought I would share.
    Sounds like my primary school music teacher who had us all line up naked to show him that we had our nametags sown into our uniform and underwear.
    I think he is someone's bitch in some prison now. Needless to say music club is cancelled.

I did read somewhere that monks used various instruments and a choir of throat speakers to move giant stones with vibration.
    They would form up in a V formation infront of the object that needed moving.
    Today is a precious gift, thats why its called the present

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Lord Sidious (11th April 2011)

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by bilko (here)
    I did read somewhere that monks used various instruments and a choir of throat speakers to move giant stones with vibration.
    They would form up in a V formation infront of the object that needed moving.
    That's this report, by Dr Jarl in 1939.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...orldgrid08.htm

Jarl was a physician who was called to treat a monk at the request of a Tibetan friend, and traveled to Tibet. He stayed for a while, and described in detail the ritualistic raising and moving of huge stones - which others had described but which no westerners had ever witnessed.

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BigBugs (14th April 2011), butcherman (11th April 2011), Davidallany (14th May 2011), gardunk (13th April 2011), Limor Wolf (14th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th April 2011), magicmanx (13th April 2011), Muzz (12th April 2011), Omni (11th April 2011), Ria (14th May 2011), silvervioletrubie (14th May 2011), Some Bloke (14th May 2011), witchy1 (14th April 2011), Yoda (12th April 2011)

33. Link to Post #20
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

I think levitation indeed is possible.

But the clip in this thread leaves me with a doubt. I read somewhere (cant remember where) that this shaman has a magnet attached to his back and that he is being "controlled" from somewhere in the bushes behind him. I dont know if this is possible, but I thought it was worth mention.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast