1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Thumbs up What the Gimbal UFO really looks like

For those who are concerned.

An other masterpiece from 1967sander

Read below video description first and than watch the clip.

Quote Dear viewer,

Welcome to my detailed video - and image enhancement of the famous Gimbal UFO.

Do not expect from me that I am going to describe the original video or the HUD display as has been done already. No I will only focus on showing you what this craft (UFO) really looks like.

For the full story, mission details and more background information on the Gimbal UFO:

Detailed info: https://coi.tothestarsacademy.com/gim...
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1uL...

What I find interesting is why they released the video but not telling you what it looks like. I am doing this work for more than 25 years. It really surprises me that they have not released more details. Wouldn't you say that by now they must know what they are up against?

It is pretty diffult to enhance any details from this video as the craft is located right in the centre of an overbright and high contrast region.

Part of the solution to make the craft visible I found in applying a 4 times iteration of CLAHE.

What is CLAHE? CLAHE stands for Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization.

This sounds complicated but it is in fact rather simple to explain. When you would use a Histogram Equalization (HE) filter on a video or photo, the software improves the background contrast of an entire photo. As long as you use a photo or video with very poor (dim) lighting conditions and one that does not have any (over)bright areas the filter does a perfect job. In the best cases you can see a lot more details in a dark photo.

The HE filter however completely fails when there is one or more areas of high brightness in the photo. When that is the case after applying HE the entire photo has become overbright and lots of details are lost. The reason for this is that HE works global (entire image) and therefore
    the filter is not limited to a particular section of the image. Therefore HE does not work on the Gimbal video.

If we do not want the whole image to become overbright, Adaptive Histogram Equalization (AHE) is to be used instead.

In principle AHE works the same way as HE except that there is no global processing. With AHE the image is divided in smaller squares (tiles). In AHE mode each of these squares is histogram equalized separately and as the histogram is limited to a small section there is no overbrightness or trans border effect.

Unfortunately using the AHE filter also can have a negative effect when the image contains (too) much noise as its noise will also be amplified. To get rid of this noise another filter is used: Contrast Limitation (CL). By setting a threshold, the noise (pixels) is equalized and so the image stays (relatively) clean.

By applying CLAHE to an image, we see another side effect: small lines (squares). To fade these lines often a global bilinear interpolation filter is used.

So now you know what CLAHE is and its benefits over Histogram Equalization.

I have told you that PART of the solution was CLAHE. That is true. This video is recorded in the Infrared spectrum so I first had to recover the original colours using an IR to VIS(ual) / Ul(tra)V(iolet) spectrum filter. Having recovered (most of) the natural colours the next steps where basic processing; Stacking frames, curve filter, deblur, refocus, micro contrast enhancement for details and finally a tone mapper.

So what will you see in the final result?

1. The Gimbal UFO is neither saucer shape nor does it resamble a (real) triangle.
    2. The UFO appears to have a minimum of three visible and perhaps more indiscernible propulsion systems.
    3. Does it stop here? For now YES but I intend to show you every single part of this UFO so I am already working on a combination of new (mostly experimental) enhancement methods.

To be continued ...

Enjoy this video that shows the Gimbal UFO as it really is. Did you ever imagine that it looked like ....

Part two will (hopefully) follow soon revealing alot more details.
    What the Gimbal UFO really looks like
    (5:39 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2019), boja (9th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th July 2019), Did You See Them (9th July 2019), diteras (9th July 2019), enigma3 (10th July 2019), Ivanhoe (9th July 2019), justntime2learn (9th July 2019), Maknocktomb (10th July 2019), Mare (9th May 2020), Mark (9th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2019), Matt P (10th July 2019), Mike Gorman (8th May 2020), mountain_jim (10th July 2019), Nasu (10th July 2019), Rawhide68 (10th May 2020), samsdice (9th July 2019), Sir Eltor (11th May 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), The Moss Trooper (8th May 2020), toppy (9th July 2019), yelik (10th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,888 times in 1,036 posts

Default Re: What the Gimbal UFO really looks like

Looks almost like a sphere riding a magic carpet !

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    It's kind of like looking at a cloud and finding the shape of a rabbit or something, but the enhanced images remind me of the pointy-triangular shape of the Concorde (jet) or the TR-3B.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Did You See Them (10th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,320 times in 1,403 posts

Reminded me of the "ORI" mother ships on Star Gate SG1 in the later seasons.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th July 2019), Did You See Them (10th July 2019), mountain_jim (8th May 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), toppy (9th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 times in 698 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    It's kind of like looking at a cloud and finding the shape of a rabbit or something, but the enhanced images remind me of the pointy-triangular shape of the Concorde (jet) or the TR-3B.
    it looks kind of triangular but i can also see a cockpit, similiar to the roswell craft.
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th July 2019), Did You See Them (10th July 2019), mountain_jim (10th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), The Moss Trooper (8th May 2020), toppy (9th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

its an unusual lenticular cloud, with marsh gas reflecting on Venus and a weather balloon on the top -there is also a ball lightening at the tail with migrating birds in the sunset. Nothing to see here folks. Move on.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to diteras For This Post:

Constance (11th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th July 2019), Did You See Them (10th July 2019), Iancorgi (8th May 2020), Mike Gorman (8th May 2020), mountain_jim (10th July 2019), Nasu (10th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), XelNaga (11th May 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

The Gimbal UFO - A detailed image analysis
    (13:00 min.)
    "Dear visitor,

Welcome to the sequel of: Gimbal UFO - What it really looks like.

Part 1 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FknQr...

On the 27th of April 2020, the United States Department of Defense released three videos with Unknown Flying Objects, which were filmed by F18 Hornet fighterpilots.

This presentation does not go deeper into the mission details nor will I provide more background but this video does show you what these UFO really look like.

I would love to read WHAT IT IS that you see.

Trust me. As weird as it may seem anything is possible and I will show you more weird stuff soon!

Let us see how well you can sleep tonight.

Enjoy!"
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

DeeMetrios (10th May 2020), Le Chat (8th May 2020), Mike Gorman (8th May 2020), mountain_jim (8th May 2020), Sir Eltor (11th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 476 posts

To me it looks like the alien from the film of the same name piloting the craft...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

EFO (8th May 2020), Mike Gorman (9th May 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

There seems to be a 'Brain' like mass, is this technology, or organic tissue?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

EFO (9th May 2020), Sir Eltor (11th May 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    There seems to be a 'Brain' like mass, is this technology, or organic tissue?
    Interesting question,but what if is symbiotic/morphed form of both of them?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Sir Eltor (11th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread