+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: A campfire chat with the moderators :)

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re: A campfire chat with the moderators :)

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Here's my question as we roast marshmallows. After I saw this post on the Censorship thread I began to wonder;;;;;

Quote Just to clarify, the decision to move the threads was unanimous between all the exciting (<<<should read existing ) moderators. Not just Bill.

To date the moderators, admin and Bill have absolutely no regrets about the decision
    posted by Billy

Who are the moderators ? I know Mike and Constance are because I see them moderating and doing a dang good job, then out of the blue I'll hear someone like Joe of the Carolinas is a moderator? (Admittedly that was a bit ago) and I'll reflect I haven't even seen him on the forum for eons. When you had your moderator flair up I didn't even know those folks were moderators and they hardly ever posted, and certainly didn't indicate they were involved in this forum other than making decisions. I would like to have a list of moderators who are making these decisions. Who is currently on the moderating team?
    I think there might need to be an important distinction here, as i saw responses guiding you to list of moderators, and page 1 of the new moderators thread.

If i get your drift right, are you more interested in which ones are actually current active members on a pretty much daily basis? And part of current and very recent decision making?
    Hi Gracy, yes I was guiding Peterpam to the new moderator thread which is updated every time a new moderator joins the team. To see who the current Mods are in that thread, all you have to do is go to the last page on the thread.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Tintin (22nd July 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Thank you for this thread.

I would like to pose a two part question if I may:

What is the most transformative experience you have had? How did it change you?
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Tintin (22nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)
    For me,

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Cara (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Tintin (22nd July 2019), Yoda (16th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

There have been some questions about how moderators make their decisions. (And who they are!) Here's my best shot:

Re decision-making, here's the process we use. Because this happens behind the scenes, it's understandable that some some may assume that decisions are arbitrary, if they don't know how they're reached.

Every issue raised (either by one of us, or by a member PMing or reporting something for our attention) generates its own new thread in the moderators section.

Report threads may be trivial ("please delete this post", "please change my username", or "I'd like to return from sabbatical") or sometimes complex and serious. Some of our threads are two posts long before the issue's resolved.

But others go on for weeks or even months, with many hundreds of mods' posts. Everyone is consulted, and everyone contributes to everything, or has an opportunity to. It's 100% involving and consultative.

New mods should (really!!) state the degree of consultation or involvement in your own words. Please do. Tell it how it was for you when you discovered how it works here.

Sometimes, when an issue is important but not urgent, we take our time and think of every aspect we can. When it's the other way round, and is more urgent and time-critical, then we make a consensus decision based on who's around at the time.

Only rarely do I make a decision that overrules the consensus. That almost never happens. (I do recall one time, nearly two years ago, when I overruled everyone on one particular issue concerning one member.)

I will sometimes make an executive decision having consulted whoever's around, and then make the call. Sometimes that has to happen if a decision is needed. Usually, though, we strive for consensus (which means giving consent, different from unanimity), and almost always reach it

If there was a spectrum with 'we make too many decisions' on the left side, and 'we don't make enough decisions' on the right, with the perfect balance in the middle, my own view is that we're a little to the right of center.

Like, 60-40 towards 'we don't make enough decisions'. That thought was prompted by one or two members who somehow seem to feel we're control freaks. We're actually rather the opposite.

~~~

Re who the mods are, there are four main ways to see:
    1. All the mods and admins are listed on the tab Quick Links > View Forum Moderators.
    2. You'll see a "Useful list of forum moderators" if one goes to compose a new PM (to anyone at all).
    3. Mods' names are also colored differently — in blue, with admins in red.
    4. Mods coming and going are announced regularly on the New Moderators joining the Avalon Forum team thread, though there's no one-off list there that's maintained there.
    The current list is myself, Billy, Constance, Dennis Leahy, Franny (formerly latte), Hervé, Joe from the Carolinas, Ken (formerly Forest Denizen), Mike, Rachel, Tam (formerly Indigris), Tintin, and new senior admin Tommy (formerly seeingterra).

Dennis and Rachel will probably soon be leaving the team (Dennis because he doesn't have the time, and Rach for personal reasons), and we'll be making another two or three new appointments sometime before not too long. (Joe is on a long break, dealing with important things in his own world, but keeps in close touch with us and is committed to remaining on the team.)

We fully take the point that some moderators may not be very well-known to the community (or forgotten by them!) — just because they're not posting very much.

We know how important this is! But the paradox is that moderating itself takes up quite a chunk of the limited time that anyone has to devote to the entire forum. So sometimes it can seem that a member posting frequently, who is well-liked and well-known, can kind of disappear off the radar to some extent when they become a mod.

It was notable on the A very important announcement thread that of those moderators who are no longer with us, all of them except Paul (who posted actively on the 'Q' threads) — Chip, Debra, Jean-Marie, Kristin and Sierra — almost no-one referred to them having left the forum. They'd been largely forgotten about, or maybe never even known to newer members.

It was important to us, of course, because we'd lost a bunch of close friends we'd worked with for years. But from the point of view of many in the community, it was like something had somehow happened to a little-known bunch of managers behind closed doors somewhere — which actually has little impact. That alone gave us great food for thought.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th July 2019 at 13:19.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (16th July 2019), ClearWater (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), edina (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Gracy (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), onevoice (16th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), Wind (16th July 2019), Yoda (16th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Here's my question as we roast marshmallows. After I saw this post on the Censorship thread I began to wonder;;;;;

Quote Just to clarify, the decision to move the threads was unanimous between all the exciting (<<<should read existing ) moderators. Not just Bill.

To date the moderators, admin and Bill have absolutely no regrets about the decision
    posted by Billy

Who are the moderators ? I know Mike and Constance are because I see them moderating and doing a dang good job, then out of the blue I'll hear someone like Joe of the Carolinas is a moderator? (Admittedly that was a bit ago) and I'll reflect I haven't even seen him on the forum for eons. When you had your moderator flair up I didn't even know those folks were moderators and they hardly ever posted, and certainly didn't indicate they were involved in this forum other than making decisions. I would like to have a list of moderators who are making these decisions. Who is currently on the moderating team?
    I think there might need to be an important distinction here, as i saw responses guiding you to list of moderators, and page 1 of the new moderators thread.

If i get your drift right, are you more interested in which ones are actually current active members on a pretty much daily basis? And part of current and very recent decision making?
    Hey Peterpam and Gracy May!

Who are the Mods? And Gracy May, I haven't forgotten that I still owe you a response to your further questions..

Well, following up on Bill’s post, above.. what your questions and comments highlight, and Bill mentioned, is the fact that some mods sometimes don’t seem to have much of a presence on the forum. It’s true, there’s no denying it and there are a number of reasons for it. Sometimes, it’s simply that it's easy for a mod not to be noticed when they're posting on various threads that interest them as members, but maybe not you. But it is something we’re trying to work on.. presence..

It’s something I’m trying to work on personally too. When you first become a mod, there's a lot to learn. And although there is no pressure from Bill or the other mods, (quite the opposite, they are very patient and undemanding of new mods) as soon as you become a mod, you basically assume equal status with all the other mods. And that includes ALL of the minor and major decisions that are being made! It’s all hands on deck!

Of course, while you ostensibly assume equal status with folks like Dennis, Mike, Billy, Tintin, who have been mods for A LONG TIME, in reality, they know the ropes.. the technical processes, the shortcuts, and the potential pratfalls, very well. Fortunately, as you would expect in our community, Avalon, they are all very helpful and warmly welcoming to us new mods.

That said, I haven’t found the time yet to be posting as I usually like to. And while I may not be as prolific as some, I do enjoy contributing to topics/threads that I am particularly interested in. And the couple threads that I started, have languished. Of course, that happens pretty often. Some threads just seem to take off, and others, not so much.. for obvious reasons.

As I stated in a previous post on this thread, my style of modding (I like the term better than moderating..) is probably a little more hands off than some - but not entirely so..

On the other hand, in my professional and personal life, I ALWAYS strive to be extremely responsive and accessible. That is how I approach being a mod on a one to one basis with other members. So, if any of you needs help or has a question, please hit me up with a PM (or on a thread - as long as I see it) and I will do my best to help as soon as I’m able. Which is usually pretty fast.

Okay, Deep Thoughts by Ken

To be continued..
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

avid (16th July 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Gracy (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), Wind (16th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Thank you to both Bill and, once again Ken, for your wonderfully detailed insight in to how y'all operate, very mucho appreciated!

And Ken, no worries my friend i know youre good for that follow up.

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    For me,
    Thank you.

Some of my experiences from my childhood and life in South Africa haunt me. I can’t easily explain in words the way Africa and her people grab one’s soul and fill it to overflowing. Your telling of your experience reminds me of this, thank you.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Iloveyou (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tam (19th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019)

14. Link to Post #48
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

First a big thank you for the possibility to ask questions. In case my question is too personal and cannot be answered - I totally understand. It might cross a line.

The mod’s room must be a rich pool of knowledge and practical experience. I‘d love to ask what are your trainings, professions (careers, jobs) occupations, how do you make a living? If retired, what was your main field of study, expertise, practise?

I do not ask to know who does what, only a collection of twelve - or many more - fields of activity. No personal information, just what mix of interest and professional experience is gathered there in the mod‘s room? It would make the image of the team a bit less vague and additionally, I‘m curious

But again, no answer is perfectly accepted.
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 16th July 2019 at 17:22.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

aoibhghaire (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Billy (18th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), Ivanhoe (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Tintin (18th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

Not to put a date on anybody or anything, but what was the first piece of music you spent your own money on?

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Ivanhoe (18th July 2019), Matthew (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tintin (18th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Not to put a date on anybody or anything, but what was the first piece of music you spent your own money on?
    Haha!! Love it, Bluegreen!

Pretty sure it was Happy Together by The Turtles

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

20. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

You just dated yourself.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Constance (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    You just dated yourself.
    I was a year old. Precocious child..

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Constance (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (17th July 2019)

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Favourite meal: Mangosteens Strat! Give me a big bowl of Mangosteens and I'm in seventh heaven. A friend of mine has christened me, "Mangosteen Queen" (you know who you are )

Favourite movie: I don't really have one but if something was to come close to being a favourite it would have to be "Somewhere in Time."
    Mangowhats? I'd try it once since you're so damn loveable.

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Hello Strat Guess you may be a musician (guitarist, right?) - I used to use a Stratocaster but have been using a Telecaster for some years now.
    Honestly my screen name is very very misleading. Yeah, I can play some crowd pleasers but I'm not exactly a virtuoso. I tend to stick to blues. My friends are legit musicians.

Okay, I digress. Um, these are good too. Perhaps my favourite meal I've ever had was a cerviche of monkfish tail in a lime, chilli and coriander marinade ever so many meals and moons ago.
    Okay that sounds awesome. Must try.

I've bent the rules a little here Strat, I know, but the best excuse I'll use ( ) is that, really, they're kinda both in first place and sharing the podium

It's a terrifically good question of course and similar in some ways to asking somebody what their favourite ever song is (practically impossible to answer!), but, I hope you'll be kind and give me some leeway here.
    Haha I hear ya. Good answers. I asked an impossible question to stir the pot a bit, it's a fun thing to do.

sop here, that I'll hope gets me out of jail
    Jameson with a pickleback and we'll call it even.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Constance (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tintin (17th July 2019), Valerie Villars (17th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

26. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Thank you for this thread.

I would like to pose a two part question if I may:

Hi Searcher, yet another great question.

What is the most transformative experience I have had?

Being a mother. In the still long hours of the nights following the birth of my son, I would lay there with him in my arms just gazing at him for hours whilst he slept.

I was in complete awe of the miracle of life itself.

There were so many emotions during those long intimate nights with my son. There was the feeling of the immense responsibility of caring for such a tiny vulnerable being.

There was the knowledge that my son was now a part of humanities future.

My son would inherit this earth and he would have a role to play in it.

There was the awareness that I now had three roles to play.

The first role was to offer my guidance and support to my son, the second role I had was to be a good role model for my son and the third, to continue to dedicate my life to humanity.

But the part that took me most by surprise was the love! The absolute pure unconditional love I felt for this being. At the time, it engulfed me completely, it overwhelmed me and it sometimes scared me that I could love another being with that kind of intensity. I would give my life for my son. My heart has been changed forever by his presence.

I also realised that I may never get another good nights sleep for the rest of my life.

I imagine that many parents go through these moments.

Every young man I meet in the street could be my son.
    Last edited by Constance; 17th July 2019 at 05:52.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Cara (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Ivanhoe (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), onevoice (17th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (17th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

28. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)

Hi Searcher, yet another great question.

What is the most transformative experience I have had?

Being a mother. In the still long hours of the nights following the birth of my son, I would lay there with him in my arms just gazing at him for hours whilst he slept.

I was in complete awe of the miracle of life itself.

There were so many emotions during those long intimate nights with my son. There was the feeling of the immense responsibility of caring for such a tiny vulnerable being.

There was the knowledge that my son was now a part of humanities future.

My son would inherit this earth and he would have a role to play in it.

There was the awareness that I now had three roles to play.

The first role was to offer my guidance and support to my son, the second role I had was to be a good role model for my son and the third, to continue to dedicate my life to humanity.

But the part that took me most by surprise was the love! The absolute pure unconditional love I felt for this being. At the time, it engulfed me completely, it overwhelmed me and it sometimes scared me that I could love another being with that kind of intensity. I would give my life for my son. My heart has been changed forever by his presence.

I also realised that I may never get another good nights sleep for the rest of my life.

I imagine that many parents go through these moments.

Every young man I meet in the street could be my son.
    Thank you Constance. This gives me some sense of what my mother feels: an important gift, thank you.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Constance (17th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (17th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

30. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)

Mangowhats? I'd try it once since you're so damn loveable.
    Oh Strat! Likewise

Here is a little something for you about Mangosteens. They are a tropical fruit. Mangosteens are considered to be Queen of the fruits.

The Cancer-Fighting, Heart-Boosting Power of Mangosteen

Attachment 41150

Everyone knows what a mango is, but have you ever heard of a mangosteen? You’re forgiven if you haven’t, as this Southeast Asian fruit was banned in the U.S. until October 2007 because it was though to harbor Asian fruit flies. Thankfully, however, this health-boosting fruit is no longer on the ban list, and that’s a good thing because it’s been shown to have some pretty amazing benefits.

Also known as the “queen of fruits,” mangosteen has been used to naturally treat a wide variety of health concerns for centuries by the people of Southeast Asia. Benefits include being high in fiber yet low in calories, as well as having a good serving of vitamin C.

It’s always been popular in Southeast Asia, but why has it been gaining popularity around the world and is now commonly sold as a health supplement? Well, we now know it not only contains an impressive array of essential vitamins and minerals, but it also contains a group of phytochemicals called xanthones.

Research shows that this tropical fruit can boost the immune system, decrease inflammation and even fight cancer. One Brazilian study even showed that an extract of mangosteen had both antimicrobial and anti-tumor abilities and therefore has therapeutic potential in treating infectious diseases as well as cancer. (1)

Attachment 41151

You can read the rest of the article here

Pubmed study

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), Ivanhoe (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (18th July 2019), Strat (18th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

32. Link to Post #57
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,617 times in 5,415 posts

My, yes, that was a while ago now

Okay, it was this ditty from The Art of Noise. I'd quite surprised myself by branching out to this as I was a Beatles and Queen obsessive at about that time in my life. But, something of the accessibly experimental, at least to those young fresh ears at the time, drew me in.

And, it contains little 'jokes' in the production - it is not entirely serious, yet, can be taken seriously

Here it is (lyrics below):

Hey! Yeah!
    Dum! Dum!
    Tra la la
    Clo-clo-clo-close
    To to to to the edge
    To to to to the edge
    To be in England
    In the summertime
    With my love
    Close to the edge
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (18th July 2019), Bluegreen (18th July 2019), Constance (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), Mike (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by Ken (here)
    Quote Posted by Intranuclear (here)
    I would love chatting with many in this forum, but every time I visit Chat I am the only person. I do see others having come and gone, but how is it that our Chat is so dead?
    I completely understand the shortcomings of chat and understand that lack of time is the enemy of a good and well composed discourse.

Should our chat be eliminated or perhaps be used to post hangouts links for those who want to host and invite others?
    Hey Intranuclear!

I think maybe it's just a matter of momentum, or lack thereof, as Mike suggested. Maybe it would help if whoever wanted to chat started a thread with a proposed time and date? Just see who shows up?

Very good idea.

Oh, questions, right: What is yall's favorite meal and what is yall's favorite movie? You can only choose 1. Cruel I know, I'm sorry, but it's the rules.
    Strat! I Haven’t forgotten about your questions.. so hard to choose!!

Hmmm.. my favorite meal. Well, seafood is the only meat I still eat and I’m sure I will be phasing that out soon, but for now, probably fresh grilled lobster, along with garlic wilted greens of some sort, and a desert of ripe, fresh fruit and berries, in season, of various sorts! Yum!

As for my favorite movie.. there are so many amazing films. I might choose a different film every time you ask me but for today, Chinatown. It’s a fascinating mystery and complex psychological drama that takes place in 1930’s Los Angeles. Brilliantly written, acted, and directed, it is beautifully filmed and the moody and evocative soundtrack is a classic!!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Constance (18th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Strat (18th July 2019), Tintin (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Talking Re: A campfire chat with the moderators :)

Quote Posted by Nenuphar (here)
    I love the opening post of this thread. The imagery of a warm, crackling campfire in the company of friends, new and old, is so cozy and inviting.

In an attempt to be succinct, I think I might have come across as dry or cold. That was not my intent! There is a lot of information to comb through on this forum on any given day, so I try to do my part to keep the 'signal to noise ratio" in check.

Let me rephrase my questions (or, at least, one of them)...

Everyone has different interests. Which topics on the forum would you love to see more participation and interest in because you, yourself, share those interests, or because you think those topics are important but overlooked?

Are there topics that you feel have been flogged to death or that garner a level of interest that leaves you surprised/boggled?

(I'll leave the second question as-is. It might not be a particularly refined way of asking it, but I am genuinely interested in your answers.)
    Nenuphar! I Haven’t forgotten about your question either!

My favorite topics tend to be those that examine the “outer limits” of human ken..

particularly personal accounts of experiences whether spiritual, paranormal, supernatural, extra-dimensional or any combination thereof!

As far as those topics that I believe to be flogged to death.. hard to say. That would entail imposing my judgement on the interests of others and that is something I would rather not do. We all have unique interests and drives and who am I to tell someone what they should or shouldn’t be interested in?

Personally, however, at present, I tend to have no interest in what seem to me to be lower vibration subjects or topics. I am not into hate- or fear-driven pursuits. But I realize that what to me seems to be lower vibration, might to someone else represent the noblest of causes. And who am I to say they are mistaken and I am right?

Seem wishy washy? Paradoxically, I tend to be very decisive! Wrong sometimes yes, but decisively wrong!!

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Constance (18th July 2019), Nenuphar (19th July 2019), Rosemarie (20th July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

38. Link to Post #60
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bluegreen, it was this

But the reason I bought it was for this song.

Longer - Dan Fogelberg
    Last edited by Constance; 19th July 2019 at 05:26.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th July 2019), DeDukshyn (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (19th July 2019), Mike (19th July 2019), Rosemarie (19th July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019), Wind (20th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast