Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ouija

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Ouija

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    I wrote a book about my experiences. The ouija opened the door to absolutely mind blowingly intense experiences....which ultimately took me to the hieghts of heaven ... and the depths of hell.

I include a warning about ouija at the start of the book. I don't recommend it at all. It can open doors to powerful energies, that can be way beyond our ability to understand and work with. I know now that there are much getter and safer ways to access the world beyond the veil.

For anyone interested.....

https://www.amazon.com/Jump-Into-Blu.../dp/B00WWD34K6
    I'm on the edge of my seat from reading the available parts of your book online, enfoldedblue. The coincidences are a bit freaky, as I was fascinated by the Mods, so much so that I bought a Vespa at the age of 42.

I really want to buy it, but am having book spending guilt. I may have to overcome that.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2019), Clarity (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), enfoldedblue (13th July 2019), Kryztian (15th July 2019), Mark (16th July 2019), O Donna (14th July 2019), Patient (14th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Ayuascha, magic mushroom, marijuana all tend to access the spirit realm but they have one thing in common or should have one thing in common. A ceremony or prep. is done prior. We dont just access the unknown realm in a casual manner with a casual energy (chaotic, that's the norms in the city) I think this also should be the case for quija do the prep or you end up in chaos. Another thing if you end up in chaos its your faith or confidence that can bring you back. So if you think your confidence is not at par dont go to the unknown, heck this is a beautiful world why would I want to venture somewhere unknown while I have this physical burden. I will go to the spirit realm for sure or should I say "go back". there is a time for that for now I'm still breathing.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2019), Cara (14th July 2019), Clarity (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Intranuclear (14th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), O Donna (14th July 2019), Patient (14th July 2019), scotslad (13th July 2019), Valerie Villars (13th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

When I was 10 to 11 years old, we had a female house help who's well versed in contacting entities during our Ouija board session. We gather in a circle in her room, she holds the empty glass in her mouth and utters a prayer and just put our forefingers on the inverted drinking glass over a cartolina with written alphabet letters and numbers 1 to 9 and 0 on it. She asks a question and after a few minutes, the glass will move to the letters or numbers even if we remove our fingers from it. We stopped the sessions after a few months because some of us had nightmares and doors in our house would just open and close with no one in there. This is a dangerous practice because you are inviting and contacting low level spirits, discarnate entities and negative spirits. One may, IMO, even be harassed and possessed by these unseen entities! Parents and guardians should monitor and prevent the children especially if they engage in this 'pastime' like I did many years ago.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to skyhigh For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), O Donna (14th July 2019), Patient (14th July 2019), scotslad (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), Wind (14th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Some quarters simply believe that there is nothing sinister or paranormal about it, and is simply the ideomotor effect in action.

Do you think that it's simply an unconscious involuntary physical movement that we make when we are so focused on not making a movement?

I apologise if my replies are out of sync here, but I am curious about this "phenomena" if I can call it that.

Would one get the same results if doing it alone or in a group or would results be the same if you were blindfolded but videoed the exercise and
    play back to see what the results would be.

Interestingly, would participants recall more accurate information via a ouija board or as mentioned above - remote viewing? Or via a seance or channeller.

Do people have the same fear, mistrust or trepidation towards dowsing with crystals, pendulums, coathangers, willow rods to get answers to questions.

What about Autowriting? I bet many have tried that, but can also surmise that many wouldn't incase it opens up something negative in one's psyche and potentially lets another "personality" enter.

Are there more safer, proven and reliable methods of communicating with the other side, or simply no - there's not, because it doesn't exist.

What do you believe, have tested, and are satisfied with?

Is Ouija a Jaoui or a Ninenon, and what about other methods of communicating with the other side in your opinion - a thumbs up or a thumbs down?
    I don't think you can, or should lump everything all together. Dowsing and crystal stuff is very different than a Ouija board.

Also, there are obviously still many unknowns when it comes to paranormal and psychic phenomena.

Many people who speak about these subjects are speaking from personal experiences. In that regard, a person can be very confident if they are relaying a story about contact with a relative who has passed. Or an event that they experienced.

Similarly, if you have not had an experience with a Ouija board, then you mostly only have questions and/or disbelief.

For some people who have had many different types of experiences, it is easier for them to beleive something similar is possible.

However, I would not suggest using a Ouija board just to find out if something would happen.

But dowsing, sure. These are 2 different things.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2019), Clarity (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), greybeard (14th July 2019), O Donna (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), Wind (14th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    @Arcturian108, As a professional psychic in not using a ouija board, do you believe there is a danger of people using other methods such Seances or EVP. Others have stories of regularly seeing coins materialise or get thrown at them, and the date on the coin being signifcant.

Some people believe that "the other side" can communicate via their dreams or even wind chimes. Cana negative entity communicate with you via yoru dreams like it may attempt to do via a ouija board to the untrained or uninitiated?

Some believe that a white feather appearing or floating down beside you might also be a message from the other side. Whilst others believe that electricity or electro magnetic frequencies can be leveraged to communicate.

I'm just curious that many other methods don't appear to get such a bad wrap/press. I'm sure they do, but perhaps not so many people have tried them or would share their experiences - not sure
    There are so many variables in interacting with other realms and dimensions that there is no single answer for everyone who might want to experiment in connecting with such. Unless you are aware of and certain that you are highly protected in trying to communicate with nonphysical beings, then it can be dangerous no matter what tool you are using to make that connection. I was not allowed to be highly psychic throughout my childhood or early adulthood until my angels and guides thought I was ready for such. They waited for me to be mature and wise enough to handle all the possible scenarios that could occur.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    I have been a professional psychic (among other hats I wear) for more than 30 years, and warn everyone to completely stay away from Ouija boards! They are one of the most dangerous tools on the planet, and should never be sold in a toy store.
    Do you have any wild stories about it?
    The one account that stands out in my mind over the years is that of a young male client of mine who said that his mother went literally insane using a Ouija board over a period of many months of usage.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), greybeard (14th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), O Donna (14th July 2019), Patient (14th July 2019), scotslad (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), Wind (14th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

There are more devices (without assigning effectiveness) to cloud the consciousness then just the Ouija board.

Losing oneself, really lose oneself, that is the worst that could happen and there are more than can be shaken at with a stick then the Ouija board alone.

It is not the darkness one can see that should be of most concern, it’s the darkness that isn’t seen that is.

Location? That is tricky part.

How real is the task?

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), greybeard (14th July 2019), Intranuclear (15th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), scotslad (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), WhiteFeather (15th July 2019), Wind (14th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    New Zealand Avalon Member Clarity's Avatar
    Thanks

After many years in the New Age movement I can tell you from personal experience the demonic realm is real.

From their perspective using a Ouija board is giving them an invitation from then on they believe they have a claim over you (maybe under some spiritual law they do.) This doesn't end when you finish messing with the Ouiji from from that point in time they are with you.

These demons love nothing better than breaking up relationships, ending marriages, friendships, causing metal health problems, physical health issues and even suicide.

Why go there?
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Clarity For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), greybeard (14th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), Keajran (15th July 2019), Libico (14th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), Patient (14th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), scotslad (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), Wind (14th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,013 times in 642 posts

The general consensus above from all the comments above appears to be "don't go there", and 10-20 years ago this sort of thing wouldn't be discussed in public, but yet the public are being offered to participate in such things by one of the biggest brands on the internet. How things change.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Clarity (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (14th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    I wrote a book about my experiences. The ouija opened the door to absolutely mind blowingly intense experiences....which ultimately took me to the hieghts of heaven ... and the depths of hell.

I include a warning about ouija at the start of the book. I don't recommend it at all. It can open doors to powerful energies, that can be way beyond our ability to understand and work with. I know now that there are much getter and safer ways to access the world beyond the veil.

For anyone interested.....

https://www.amazon.com/Jump-Into-Blu.../dp/B00WWD34K6
    I'm on the edge of my seat from reading the available parts of your book online, enfoldedblue. The coincidences are a bit freaky, as I was fascinated by the Mods, so much so that I bought a Vespa at the age of 42.

I really want to buy it, but am having book spending guilt. I may have to overcome that.
    I bought the Kindle version of this book yesterday and finished it this morning. It's very well written and presented. It was so well done that I couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. Blue's experiences tell a very real story of what happens sometimes when we delve into the other side too much. Thankfully, it ended well for her. I'm grateful for her sharing her experience. While I wasn't delving into communication with the other world, many things we experienced were eerily similar.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Clarity (14th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), enfoldedblue (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Jad (14th July 2019), Kryztian (15th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

"The Changing Light at Sandover" is an epic 560 page poem about two men who used a Ouija board for several decades and contacted quite a number of entities. The book won a Pulitzer Prize and some consider it one of the greatest literary works from the 20th century. A good part of the poem is an ALL CAPS denoting that those are passages that came from the Ouija board reading.

Although I got through the first quarter of the book before loosing it, there was nothing sinister in the interchange with the spirits that showed up. The spirits that showed up seemed to be insightful, quirky, and enigmatic, but no hidden dark agenda.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 15th July 2019 at 04:54. Reason: Adding link
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Caliban (15th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Intranuclear (15th July 2019), Mare (15th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    "The Changing Light at Sandover" is an epic 560 page poem about two men who used a Ouija board for several decades and contacted quite a number of entities. The book won a Pulitzer Prize and some consider it one of the greatest literary works from the 20th century. A good part of the poem is an ALL CAPS denoting that those are passages that came from the Ouija board reading.

Although I got through the first quarter of the book before loosing it, there was nothing sinister in the interchange with the spirits that showed up. The spirits that showed up seemed to be insightful, quirky, and enigmatic, but no hidden dark agenda.

Also, let's not forget that Jane Roberts and Robert Butts first contacted Seth through a board. And that produced some very clear and profound teachings. Practical teachings.

I hear a lot of fear in these postings. Warnings are great and taking caution and considering how you want to approach something--if you want to approach something--is admirable. Yet just because there's danger in some parts of a city, you still might want to check it out--maybe you have a friend in that district. So you get as much info as possible. And then you make your choice, if you're an adult. (And adults should monitor what "games" their kids are playing.)

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Clarity (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Intranuclear (15th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), scotslad (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Clarity (here)
    Why go there?
    My thoughts exactly!

The way I figure it is, there's two ways of thinking. 1. People like me, who DO NOT like to diddle with things they don't understand and 2. The other ones, who think like "well if I don't diddle with it... how am I ever going to understand?"

Whether or not someone wants to diddle with the occult is up to them of course, it just seems a lot like "playing with fire" to me.

I confess - I'm one of the jerks who moved the planchette (as a joke). I was only young, and I was trying to spell "Devin", but when I got to the letter I, my friend flipped out. For some reason it didn't occur to me that Devin and Devil are only one letter apart. Never touched the things since, to joke with or otherwise.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Clarity (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), greybeard (15th July 2019), Jad (15th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Mediums and Ouija as a means of contacting departed souls and astral entities are unreliable as guides.

Many persons imagine that "the dead"—human beings who have passed over to the astral world are in touch with great spiritual masters or are themselves sources of wisdom. This in my strong opinion is wrong. Until someone achieves soul-realization, he is no more capable of expressing divinity after death than he was capable of during his sojourn on earth. The Bhaghavad Gita points out that those who believe in consulting "departed spirits" are ignorant men. Such persons rely on the guidance of astral entities instead of seeking direct communion with God.

The astral world contains beings who are good, ordinary and bad; just as on earth we find all degrees of goodness and badness among humans. The person who merely opens his mind to receive whatever messages may come to him through "spirits" is not able to tell what sort of company he is keeping in the astral spheres; and runs the risk of getting into "bad company." He may also become so engrossed with phenomena of the lower astral worlds he will fail to make any satisfactory progress toward the only desirable spiritual goal: salvation.

I see Ouija as being like an unlocked and unoccupied car, with the key still in the ignition. Anyone could get in, drive it and wreck it. Similarly, when the mind is preoccupied with contacting departed ones, without any spiritual training, any "tramp soul" may get in and wreak havoc on that hapless individual.

I also think that one of the great fallacies in the alternative media is the tendency to think that communicating with beings from other planets is a way to advance spiritually. There is no reason to think that any lesser being from some other planet is qualified, or needed, to give us divine realization.
    Last edited by happyuk; 15th July 2019 at 20:59.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Clarity (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Jad (16th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), scotslad (21st July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019), Wind (15th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Quote I bought the Kindle version of this book yesterday and finished it this morning. It's very well written and presented. It was so well done that I couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. Blue's experiences tell a very real story of what happens sometimes when we delve into the other side too much. Thankfully, it ended well for her. I'm grateful for her sharing her experience. While I wasn't delving into communication with the other world, many things we experienced were eerily similar.
    Hi Valerie, Thanks so for getting and reading the book! So glad it resonated! Feel free to ask any questions related to Ouija experiences here, or (other) in a PM

Lots of love x
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 16th July 2019 at 02:02.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), Jad (16th July 2019), O Donna (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

One way to describe the Ouija board is like a fork in the road. If the road ones on is already a fork then a fork in a fork isn't going to change things. A fork is a fork is a fork.

One way the Ouija board reveals it's nature to the initiate is in its name: Ouija - 'yes yes'. Seems banal enough of a name until one looks deeper.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Caliban (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), happyuk (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019), XelNaga (22nd June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2